Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Supratik
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Supratik »

Karan M wrote: The point that you missed is that the Aadhar card is by no means an achievement, and if it is to be called one, it is a singularly mediocre one.
I would call giving a biometric ID card to 1.2 billion people in a few years an achievement, Indian inefficiencies notwithstanding. Difference of opinion. However, constructive criticisms of such a card are welcome. We can discuss it in the relevant thread.
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

bhargava wrote:Image
:shock: What kind of survey is that? Can Mumbai vote for a PM? What maters is whom will they vote for their MP, AAP or INC or BJP or others?
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

chaanakya wrote:
Narayana Rao wrote: In any event Nilankani is contesting from Bangalore and Rahul from Udipi - Chikkamangaluru
Whether Raul is running away from Kaviraj?
I would speculate it has some this to do with the current state of relations of the congress with the SP. Given that SP manages to win a majority of the assembly seats, there seems to be a lot of 'understanding', with the SP putting up weak candidates for LS and so on. This understanding might have broken down as seen with the acrimony on the muzaffarnagar riot victims.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

panduranghari wrote: No. you cant though BJP is making noises they would like to empower overseas Bharatiya Nagrik. Many overseas NRI's eventually naturalise as citizens of those countries. we rarely see it the other way round even when the oiropeans or yanquis move to another anglo saxon country.

I would strongly hope that the BJP doesn't do it except for short-term residents or those on deputation - pvt or Govt. If you want to vote you have to serve the country.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

wait a minute.. did i read here d4 is kala angrez flare?
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Supratik wrote:
I would call giving a biometric ID card to 1.2 billion people in a few years an achievement, Indian inefficiencies notwithstanding. Difference of opinion. However, constructive criticisms of such a card are welcome. We can discuss it in the relevant thread.
I would determine its true worth (or more correctly, its intent) by its deployment in Assam, where millions of "Bengali-speaking Muslim Indians" have appeared out of thin air over the decades since the Assam Accord.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Victor wrote:
Supratik wrote:
I would determine its true worth (or more correctly, its intent) by its deployment in Assam, where millions of "Bengali-speaking Muslim Indians" have appeared out of thin air over the decades since the Assam Accord.
Victor-ji,
Do you know anyone (links appreciated) who has done a study of the number of illegal Bangladeshis who have appeared in Assam since 1947 and their distribution across the state?
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

nageshks wrote: Do you know anyone (links appreciated) who has done a study of the number of illegal Bangladeshis who have appeared in Assam since 1947 and their distribution across the state?

I have made the estimate previously on BR from population data. It is about 1-2 million Muslims in Assam and 2-4 million in WB. However, between 10-20 million Hindus have fled Bdesh.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

nageshks wrote: Victor-ji,
Do you know anyone (links appreciated) who has done a study of the number of illegal Bangladeshis who have appeared in Assam since 1947 and their distribution across the state?
Nagesh ji, will look. Am patchily connected right now. Entire North bank was Assamese speaking (incl Bodo) 20 years ago, now littered with mosques, green flags and white caps. Any trouble brings official retaliation against the locals, not the illegals. My hope is to see payback in my lifetime.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Victor wrote: Nagesh ji, will look. Am patchily connected right now. Entire North bank was Assamese speaking (incl Bodo) 20 years ago, now littered with mosques, green flags and white caps. Any trouble brings official retaliation against the locals, not the illegals. My hope is to see payback in my lifetime.
Thanks, Victor-ji. My friends (all from Silchar) say that the entire south (Hailakandi, Karimganj, and Cachar district) region is also being invaded by the Bangladeshis. Is this estimate correct?
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Supratik wrote:
nageshks wrote: Do you know anyone (links appreciated) who has done a study of the number of illegal Bangladeshis who have appeared in Assam since 1947 and their distribution across the state?

I have made the estimate previously on BR from population data. It is about 1-2 million Muslims in Assam and 2-4 million in WB. However, between 10-20 million Hindus have fled Bdesh.
Thanks, Supratik-ji. In which thread is it?
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

You will see the change in BTAD in this and the next census as the Bodos have more control and the INC-Assam less. The nexus is between the INC Assamese leadership and illegals. The other tribals are not pro-illegal.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

nageshks wrote:
Thanks, Supratik-ji. In which thread is it?

IIRC, the NE thread in strat.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

This video (already posted here) shows who the real common man is. Narendra Modi lived in a single room in a house of his friend, does his own work. There cannot be a more aam admi than this.
The interviewer is none other the idiot Rajeev Shukla, congress MP and IPL chairman. He was just a run of the mill journalist then. Look at him now. How does one rise so rapidly?

The video is from 2001 before he become CM. Even then his potential was recognized.
mraghu
BRFite

Post by mraghu »

The "Jayanthi Tax" seems to have touched a raw nerve among Cong spokesperson. Jayanthi herself is seen defending herself on all the channels. Why are other congi spokies not coming to defend her ?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

only he can come up with such a buzz word, no one would have even thought about such a thing. All this is going to make AK very scare, wondering what this guys has in store for him
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

krishnan wrote:only he can come up with such a buzz word, no one would have even thought about such a thing. All this is going to make AK very scare, wondering what this guys has in store for him
In all probability, he would have heard this "term" from his contacts/sources, he may not have actually created it. Since it may be the colloquial, and hence causing the deep sense of hurt - a behind-the-scenes aired over a rally of lakhs of people in pratyaksh and crores more in paroksh.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Jayanthi was almost to her tears... too aggressive attack by bjp. She had no words ..

Even arnob was attacking her.. for how files got cleared in just 15 days. I think more fire works will come in commingle days.. my guess is Cong will be more aggressive in attacking BJP.. let's see...
mraghu
BRFite

Post by mraghu »

Except for in the minds of Media folks, AK is nowhere near to Modi in terms of popularity, wisdom, charisma, advisors, fans, supporters.., AK will be just a 30 day phenom and will fade away or will be overtaken by the ultras joining like Medha, Mallika and others who will join...
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Delhi is worrisome. NM should do a blitzkrieg in Delhi right before the polls.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

kejriwal must be asked for performance. PERIOD.. stop all these nataks.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

muraliravi, Right after the Delhi polls you or someone had looked at the votes polled and assuming no shift had speculated that BJP would get 6/7 MP seats. So what changed that they get none?

Is it INC votes consolidated with AAP after they took over Delhi govt?
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Supratik wrote:Delhi is worrisome. NM should do a blitzkrieg in Delhi right before the polls.
This will spread to other Metros. Voters preferring Modi for PM over Khejriwal doesn't mean they will vote for BJP candidate as their MP. It will depend on the candidate. If BJP is not careful, they will lose significant number of seats (1-2 seat in each Metro will have major impact).
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Yes, good candidates are a must. NM should personally screen them.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

ramana wrote:muraliravi, Right after the Delhi polls you or someone had looked at the votes polled and assuming no shift had speculated that BJP would get 6/7 MP seats. So what changed that they get none?

No - the India Today article is strange, to say the least. They predict 57% of the vote for AAP, 22% of the vote for BJP and 15% for the Congress. In the Assembly elections, it was 29.85% for AAP, 34.11% for BJP, 25.86% for Congress and 6% for the BSP. Basically, now AAP seems to have taken a major bite from the BJP vote bank (34.11% to 22%) and Cong vote bank (25.86% to 15%). So, more BJP voters are jumping ship to the AAP. One wonders why. What is so attractive about Kejriwal leadership? Is it the power cuts?
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

It's called psyops.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

nageshks wrote:
ramana wrote:muraliravi, Right after the Delhi polls you or someone had looked at the votes polled and assuming no shift had speculated that BJP would get 6/7 MP seats. So what changed that they get none?

No - the India Today article is strange, to say the least. They predict 57% of the vote for AAP, 22% of the vote for BJP and 15% for the Congress. In the Assembly elections, it was 29.85% for AAP, 34.11% for BJP, 25.86% for Congress and 6% for the BSP. Basically, now AAP seems to have taken a major bite from the BJP vote bank (34.11% to 22%) and Cong vote bank (25.86% to 15%). So, more BJP voters are jumping ship to the AAP. One wonders why. What is so attractive about Kejriwal leadership? Is it the power cuts?
Nagesh ji,

This is height of feku survey. In same survey 45% want modi as PM and only 22% will vote BJP. Either the BJP local leaders are so trash or the survey is completely fabricated.

But it is still fake. I mean how can BJP vote be 1/2 of the number of people who want modi as PM in delhi. BTW, the AAP mumbai 17-18% is correct. I have one other independent surveyor on twitter who had the same number 3 weeks back. But it is not going up anymore. Overall I am happy that their junk politics has only found buyers in Delhi (where they are ruling) and no buyers even in gurgaon and faridabad. BJP voters seem intact with them in all regions.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Muraliravi, In jest I had said before this nautanki that "dilli billis need a bout of Leftie rule to bring them to senses". Looks like the jest came true.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

ramana wrote:Muraliravi, In jest I had said before this nautanki that "dilli billis need a bout of Leftie rule to bring them to senses". Looks like the jest came true.
I hope so, This survey was probably done couple of weeks earlier. Their honeymoon is rapidly getting over.

On a side note, we often ridicule the politicsparty guy. But c'mon he did get the 4 assembly elections pretty much on dot. Maybe his sources got better.

http://politicsparty.com/shownews.php?newsid=310 - MP, RAJ and CH

http://politicsparty.com/shownews.php?newsid=304 - Delhi

He got the closest to the real results
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

Karan M wrote:This character is another loon.

https://twitter.com/DrKumarVishwas/stat ... 68/photo/1

Now in this grade A chamchagiri article (matches whatever NYT puts out about its princes)
http://www.firstpost.com/politics/ambit ... 28379.html
Having dropped out of engineering college after listening to his "soul", he studied literature and poetry.

He topped again in his postgraduate course, this time in Hindi literature, setting a "still standing record of 76 per cent" for CCS University, Meerut (he studied in MMH College, Ghaziabad)."

Having taught in Rajasthan until 2000, he then joined Lala Lajpat Rai College in Ghaziabad from where he is now on leave without pay.
Drji, where does the moolah come from to pay off a house loan and other stuff? And Dr in what eggjactly?
he is the highest paid poet of the country.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Gossipguru Uvacha: (BTW, this guy has been correct on a number of occasions)

AAP changes its tune

The way AAP winds have swayed over the Indian political scenario has left many a claimers to the political seats in shock. Informed sources reveal that in the next few days, Arvind Kejriwal is going to attack Narendra Modi directly saying, “I am a chief minister and so are you. And if you dare, contest a seat against me at a neutral Lok Sabha constituency. I will make you face the same fate as that of Sheila Dikshit.” The spadework for the challenge has been done and with the intention to cage Modi in his own Gujarat, AAP has already announced that it will contest 26 seats in the state. Several shocking names may emerge from the AAP who will contest the elections from Gujarat. Many of them will be those who have started a campaign against Modi. Mallika Sarabhai, for instance.

The sailor of a sinking ship

A sinking ship is looking for allies. The Congress is relying heavily on its coalition parties for the coming general elections. The exercise is on to find new political allies and in Bihar, the last round of talks is over with Lalu and Ramvilas. Lalu is ready to give more than 10 seats to the Congress and the exercise to sway Mayawati is on. The Congress has also offered to Mayavati that if the BSP clears the way for 25 seats for the Congress in UP, the Congress will leave 20 seats in India for the BSP. These 20 seats will be in those crucial states where BSP has public sway, such as Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and so on. Behenji is still thinking over the offer and the Congress is looking at every possible way to have her on its side.

The secret behind Raj changing

Raj Thackeray seems to be singing a different tune. There was a time when his rake on Modi was warm and soft, so much so that he was ready for a friendly fight with a BJP-Shiv Sena coalition in Mumbai and its nearby areas. Sources also reveal that NaMo had obliged him in a number of ways, but the Marathi Manoos suddenly changed his stance when NaMo, at a rally in Mumbai near Matoshri didn’t take the name of Raj even once. And because Uddhav was pretty wary of Raj, he had clearly told Modi that he would have to choose between the two Thackerays. And when Raj was nursing his wounds after Modi’s Mumbai rally, Congress strategists contacted him directly and pleased him with several promises. Raj told the Congress that he will not be able to help the party in Mumbai and its nearby areas, but is ready for a friendly fight with the Congress in rural Maharashtra. Thus, the Congress script is ready to create a big dent in Sena-BJP’s votebank and the lead role will be played by Raj Thackeray himself.

This is what worries me the most. Last time MNS fought elections in pockets. I am sure they have expanded their base somewhat larger. They can really, i mean seriously screw NDA in rural MH, because BJP/SS anyway win in rural MH/Vidharbha with like 5% margins. If this guy takes that 5-10%, we might see a washout.

AAM gets support from the special ones

Two strategists close to Arvind Kejriwal have indicated that in the coming days, Arvind may revisit the thought of contesting the Lok Sabha elections because AAP is looking up to him as the next prime minister of India. AAP’s influence over India is being looked upon as the Jasmine Revolution that took over Egypt. In the months and years, such revolutions have taken place in several anti-US countries with the help of American support. Anti-US sentiments are also gaining ground in India for some time now. The inside news is that AAP also has full American support. Upset with the Congress, the superpower wants that in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the Congress and Rahul Gandhi should not be a part of the electoral fight and the elections be all about Modi vs Kejriwal.

Doing business

There has to be something that the entire Bombay Club is favouring it. Source reveal that Bombay Club’s two stellar members Anand Mahindra and Ratan Tata have contacted AAP directly, and have offered that if the party wants, these two corporate houses are ready to pay for the party’s entire expenditure on the elections and the payment will be done by electoral donations cheque. Sources also reveal that Mukesh Ambani is already in touch with AAP and industrialists such as Pawan Munjal are also speaking in favour of AAP. Are the corporate houses also looking at an image building exercise with their association with AAP?

Take all the posts seriously, only the last one maybe a bit off. But even that is quite possible because, the ambanis, tatas and mahindras had their glory days when we had a socialist stalinist economy, exactly what AAP seems to promise.

One thing is clear, if we thought Modi becoming PM is easy, its exactly the opposite. These guys are willing to go to any extent to stop him. Just yesterday I mentioned that congress will not be able to transfer all of its vote AAP and hence BJP will win easily even in urban areas that congress won in 2009. And the american elitemen want congress to withdraw from the race completely. Take that Modi
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^^ Let "loose motion" Kejriwal get his "Durbar" in order first. Latest news, another K-Turn and he will now rely on emails! Cannot he study SWAGAT and implement that?

What a piece of crap is his Jan-Durbar etc.

Mallika is a loony., RM'ji can beat Mallika hands down if he really wants to. Let Mallika invite Kejriwal to Ahmedabad and try to win from Maninagar. What neutral venue., lot of 'garam hawa' being floated.

All the CongIs in Gujarat are going to migrate to AAP. AAP is CongressA and CongIs are CongressB now.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

AAP can't do jackshi*t in Gujarat. What is neutral venue for AAP? Karachi?
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Modi is a smart man, who knows which fights to pick and which ones to skip. He once said in a speech that elections are such a thing that today even if Shivaji Maharaj contests in Maharashtra, there is no guarantee that he will win, Ambedkarji himself lost LS elections. A man who makes the above statements, is less likely to be over confident and make a choice on petty lalkaars.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

A little birdie told me that mumbai dabbawalas will be approached .. bookmark!
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

I am sure Namo will do everything he can to win, but some things are beyond his control. I dont have time to analyze BSP effect in all possible states right away, but spared 1/2 hr today to analyze Punjab. You guys maybe already aware that SAD-BJP won punjab after a nail biting finish in 2012. It was not an easy outright victory. So a little here and there can spoil the party and that is exactly what is likely to happen if Congress is able to get BSP on its side. The numbers below are arrived at by translating assembly election results to respective Lok Sabha seats.

If Congress goes alone, NDA will get 10/13, if Congress goes with BSP, NDA will get 4/13 and even those 4 seats will be won on slender margins. Most likely NDA will end up with 3/13. Here are the details:

So this the 1st blow in fact deadly blow congress can deliver using its chela called Mayawati. From now on, everyday I will analyze one state a day in every state where congress has some tricks up its sleeve to screw Namo. So in Punjab, NDA reduced by 7 seats compared to what they could have got and hence the gap with congress reduced or widened by 14 seats.

If anyone is still thinking why BSP will go with Cong, that Q is immaterial, if the anti-india forces can create AAP and give it so much traction in such a short time, create MNS and Chiranjeevi in such a short period of time, I bet they can force or lure Maya into giving support for INC. After Maya is no different. Unless she a closet nationalist and we have not been able to spot it, i see no reason why she will not come around to prop INC. Of course, she will ask for her pound of flesh.
member_27603
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27603 »

Muraliravi, I think too much is being made out about AAP and the Challenge. People are smart enough to see through it. BJP relies on strong state leaders who have a very firm connect with the voter base. Rajasthan, MP, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Bihar, Goa make up 133 seats where there are strong State level leaders who can pull through 100 seats (If the recent assembly election results are anything to go by) . HP, Uttarakhand, Karnataka, Delhi, Jharkhand make up another 58 seats where its always a 50-50 so if they can pull 30 from there, it becomes. That leaves you with one big state i.e. UP with 80 seats. BJP should pull up at least 30 seats (Thanks to Akhilesh/Mulayam and company). Now we have Punjab and Maharashra where they contest with SAD and SS, both the states added up will give another 20 seats. that brings the tally to 180 seats. BJD has already shown an inclination recently, CBN in Andhra Pie is a potential ally, Amma and Didi are in for NAMO. So chill lets not make a monster out of poor AK. Let him first try and govern a small city state before he or his supporters can think about him going for the top job.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

srirambhartur wrote:Muraliravi, I think too much is being made out about AAP and the Challenge. People are smart enough to see through it. BJP relies on strong state leaders who have a very firm connect with the voter base. Rajasthan, MP, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Bihar, Goa make up 133 seats where there are strong State level leaders who can pull through 100 seats (If the recent assembly election results are anything to go by) . HP, Uttarakhand, Karnataka, Delhi, Jharkhand make up another 58 seats where its always a 50-50 so if they can pull 30 from there, it becomes. That leaves you with one big state i.e. UP with 80 seats. BJP should pull up at least 30 seats (Thanks to Akhilesh/Mulayam and company). Now we have Punjab and Maharashra where they contest with SAD and SS, both the states added up will give another 20 seats. that brings the tally to 180 seats. BJD has already shown an inclination recently, CBN in Andhra Pie is a potential ally, Amma and Didi are in for NAMO. So chill lets not make a monster out of poor AK. Let him first try and govern a small city state before he or his supporters can think about him going for the top job.
Based on your analysis, BJP will get on its own 150-160 seats. I can tell you (though not many will like it) that with 150-160, all sorts of wheeling dealing will happen to stop BJP. They need at least 175. Its not about AAP. AAP is just one weapon. When you go to war, you have many weapons. BSP is another, MNS is another. Analyze each one of these weapons, collective effect of all these has good chance of pushing BJP below 160. That is their target buddy, they all know BJP will be single largest party, but that is not enuf.