Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by krishnan »

Chandragupta wrote:He has not mentioned Bangladeshi infiltration till now, it's all development. Hope he does.
dunno whether he will, he is sticking to core issues and development.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Third Front will make India Third Grade and we need to reject them forever:
:rotfl:
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Yes yes yes, he did mention B-deshis to loud roar!
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

He just mentioned B'deshi invasion.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Yes, he's talking of BD infiltration now.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Hahaha, he plays Pranab v/s MMS just now.
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

"Cholbe naa" bit was awesome.

Heart-warming speech. Mamta must be confused whether Modi took her on or not :D
Last edited by rohitv on 05 Feb 2014 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

you confused about mamta's gender ?? :mrgreen:
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

One thing seems pretty clear that there is some understanding behind the scenes with didi and amma. At least for post poll scenario. May be similar understanding has been reached with maya as well. Amit Shah's statement regarding the contest between bjp and bsp should be seen in this angle. Perhaps he wants to direct anti bjp votes (read M votes) towards bsp to wipe out SP and cong.
Sagrawal
BRFite

Post by Sagrawal »

rohitv wrote:"Cholbe naa" bit was awesome.

Heart-warming speech. Mamta must be confused whether Modi took him on or not :D

Does "cholbe naa" means "nahi chalega" ?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

yes means wont do , or nahi chalega
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

As and when NaMo becomes the PM, Who are the people in BJP who carry same enthusiasm and corruption free passion for development. There is too much focus and expectations from NM so much so that even in BRF, posters nit pick on each and every word that he utters or doesnt utter. Did he say Jat or did he smile when Salman khan was flying kite next to him. Did he talk about BD or did he skip them, Were KP's mentioned in his speech or not, Why he is not targeting SG, why doesn't he say something about AK, why did he say SBD...

Boy!!! People had less expectations from Steve Jobs and Nelson Mandela than this future PM of India.
It is like he goes for Algebra Exam and people want him to answer on trigonometry and Geomatry and Applied Maths and probability and calculus etc. and then complain why he did not say a word on string theory.

I rate him higher than any other leader of modern India.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:He just mentioned B'deshi invasion.
people in g'hati are waiting with bated breath for his rally on 8th.

in other news assam cong has upturned the treasury to fund an ad campaign projecting RG as a gleat leadel.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

tongues are wagging on pranab vs mms#
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 906571.cms
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

What was the attendance in the rally?
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

nageshks wrote:What was the attendance in the rally?
5 lakhs acc to zee news
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Shashi Shekhar ‏@offstumped 1h
Weekend blast of 4 rallies coming up - Crowd sourcing inputs for Imphal, Guwahati, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram http://www.india272.com/2014/01/28/meer ... -february/
Please give your ideas here. Don't whine. Give ideas and Modi will take input
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

India Today claiming only 50,000

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/nare ... 41828.html

This is a lie however, because the crowd was definitely much bigger.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

krishnan wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 715918.cms

so much kujili , wonder why they dont do a article on sonia or pappu's personal life , NaMo's wife accepts they parted ways on good terms mutually , still people have problems
This article mentions that RSS does not like to appoint people in higher levels who are married, that is a complete lie. The concept of Pracharak not having their own family is a practical one and not akin to celibacy of priests. I personally know pracharaks who are married who is pretty high up. When I asked the gentleman about Pracharaks being unmarried, he said, starting a family was his decision, and as long as he is committed to his work, no one has any objections.

The basic reason for pracharaks being unmarried is that they do not have much time to spend with families, always on the move. Also the problem of earning money for the family is not a trivial issue, which parent would like to have their daughter married to a pracharak?

To suggest that NM did not accept his wife to please RSS bosses is scandalous.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

SRoy wrote:India Today claiming only 50,000

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/nare ... 41828.html

This is a lie however, because the crowd was definitely much bigger.

Maybe they are missing a zero.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^ Yup. 50k is a joke. And lawd knows how many more haven't been able to reach the venue on time due to TMC goonery.

Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Attn : jonheeG
Rahul Mehta : .... So unless I see design, I cant say "have faith in NaMo". And there is no design backing NaMo. Which is why I tell people that "if you want to vote for good law-drafts then you vote for candidates who has promoted good law-drafts ; and if you want good or less bad PM, then vote for NaMo with zero guarantee because a PM with no design is 10 times more likely to fail than deliver".

.... And to those who worry that NaMo is NOT becoming neo-ABV, ... I dont think there is any reason to worry. The activists can attain Tridevalaya , population control, expel Bangldeshi, strengthen Military [by getting necessary law-drafts passed using mass-movements]

johneeG :
1. your suggestion is hare-brained.

2. Rightnow, there is no mechanism to vote for good drafts. One has to vote for good candidates and hope that they bring in good drafts.

3. Anyway, how can people decide whether a draft is good or not? It takes a lot of knowledge, time, clarity and foresight to decide whether a draft is good or not. Many people are supporting a Janlokpal. Does that mean, its a good idea?

4. Ultimately, its not the drafts or bills that rule the people. Its the people that govern. The buck stops with the leaders. Hiding behind the bills or rules is not right. If you don't trust a leader, then there is no point in drafts or bill also, isn't it? I mean are all the laws of Bhaarath properly implemented? Why not? Because of the people.

5. I think you are making a mistake by putting cart before the horse. First the leader, then the bills, not the other way around. Even if there are good bills/drafts, bad leaders can change them, ignore them or violate them. The same laws apply in entire country. How come some places are better governed than others? Why is there a difference in law and order situation despite the same laws? Its because of the people implementing them starting from the netha to babu to judge to media and so on.

6. ... Obviously, all your juniors will not agree with you on all issues 100%. Do all of them completely understand all your drafts and bills? Yet, they trust you, thats why they follow you (even if they don't completely trust you, they think you are serving some useful purpose). The same applies at larger level to PM/CM candidates also.

7. No democracy can work if people are expected to read and learn about every draft before it is passed in parliament. All the people don't have that inclination, time, energy and knowledge to go into every issue deeply.
1. Amen

2. to 6. OST. This thread is about NaMo-puja or NaMo-bashing.

So I have put reply at http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 3#p1589603
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Narendra Modi's 'chai story' sweetens Indian tea vendor's business
A tea stall named after India's main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party's PM candidate Narendra Modi is doing brisk business, media reports say.

Owner Mavji Ahir says his new chai (tea) stall is helping him make daily profits of 2,000 rupees ($32; £19).

Mr Modi often talks about his "humble beginnings" as a tea vendor.

At the weekend, he is due to meet people at a tea shop in Gandhinagar city to connect with the voters. India is to hold elections in a few months.

Gandhinagar is the capital of the western state of Gujarat and Mr Modi is the charismatic, thought controversial, chief minister of the state.

Taking a cue from the BJP leader's "chai-wallah" story, Mr Ahir, 25, opened a small tea stall in Gujarat's Kutch district.

"I was almost unemployed and not able to earn even 5,000 rupees ($80; £48) a month. But now I am able to sell more than 300 cups of tea every day, which helps to generate a net profit of over 2,000
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Swapan Dasgupta ‏@swapan55 2h

The crowd in Kolkata. I estimate between 1.5 to 2 lakhs
Swapan Da's estimate.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Mamata in Bengal, me in Delhi best for the state: Modi :)
http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetai ... Modi-.html
Keeping the doors open on an alliance with the Trinamool Congress, BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Wednesday said West Bengal would benefit if people voted for the BJP in the Lok Sabha polls even as Mamata Banerjee continued to usher in development in the state.

"For working for Bengal, you need your government in Delhi too. Give us a chance to serve Bengal. I will work for the state's development. It will be a double bonanza for you. Mamataji here, and me sitting in Delhi.

"In fact, it will be a triple bonanza, as Pranabda (President Pranab Mukherjee who is from the state) too is occupying the top office in Delhi," Modi said in his address at a rally at the Brigade Parade grounds here.

"You will have laddoos in both hands. But if you don't vote for me, how can you question me on what I have done? And if you vote for me, won't I feel like coming to the state at short intervals? Won't I feel more encouraged," he told the rally.

"I have come here with the resolve to bring change in Bengal. We will re-create Sonar Bangla (the golden age in Bengal)," he said.

Attacking the Communist Party of India-Marxist-led Left Front and other parties which are trying to forge a third front, Modi said: "They talk of secularism during election time. These proprietors of secularism play vote bank politics, they never consider minorities as human beings."
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Huge turnout for Modi's Kolkata rally leaves TMC, Left in a tizzy
L K Advani had often lamented that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) never had a strong political base in Shyama Prasad Mukherjee's West Bengal, but the veteran might have taken solace from Narendra Modi's rally at the Brigade grounds today, which was attended by about 200,000 people, and sent the Left and the TMC in a tizzy.

“This crowd will tell the Third Front, in which direction the wind is blowing,” Modi said making an obvious reference to today's meeting held in Delhi by leaders from parties like Left, AIADMK, Janata Dal (United), Biju Janata Dal, Janata Dal (Secular) to revive the Third Front.

Unlike earlier rallies of the BJP in the state, which had been attended by mostly the Hindi-speaking population of city, Modi's rally saw a wider particiaption from youths, rural people, many representative from the hills (Jaswant Singh is the lone BJP MP from Bengal elected from Darjeeling), apart from thousands of tea vendors and small traders, who were special invitees.

Just a few days ago from the same venue, Mamata Banerjee announced she won't support “a face of riot”, and Modi retorted today. “In Gujarat there there is Haj quota for only 48000 pilgrims, but we receive applications from about 37,000. In West Bengal the quota is for 11,600, and the number of applications received here too is about 12,000. Because, the minority community is economically deprived and cannot afford a pilgrimage. The so-called secular here should explain this,” he noted.

However, apart from once questioning Mamata's record so far in bringing a real change in the state, Modi still seemed have taken a middle path in dealing with the TMC politically, which the party sees as a potential ally.

“You brought Paribartan in Bengal. I congratulate you for that. You now seek accountability from Mamata on how much she has been able to deliver. In Lok Sabha you vote for BJP, and then ask me the same,” said Modi selling his development credentials to the people of the state, which he said is now “economically crippled” due to decades of misrule.

“You vote for me, you will be benefited in three ways. Mamata will work for you in the state. I will work for you at the Centre. Above me there will be President Pranab Mukherjee, who is also from this land,” he noted.

In an effort to make a connect with the people, Modi often broke into Bengali, quoting Rabindranath Tagore's bengali poem to even point out Congress' “injustice” to “the son of the land” President Pranab Mukherjee

“Both after after Indira Gandhi's demise and in 2004, Pranab Mukherjee was most suitable and senior person in Congress to become PM. But, the Congress has always deprived you,” Modi said.

The BJP president on the other hand went a step forward in sending out a message to Mamata when he said, BJP supports state government's demand for moratorium on interest payments on central loans and a bailout package for Bengal.

TMC, publicly, does not want to respond to this message as TMC leader Firhad Hakim said, “BJP is irrelvant in the state.” However, some in the TMC pointed out an increased vote share for BJP may be a cause of concern. “BJP has never got more than 5 to 6 per cent vote. If they can manage half of the crowd we gathered in Brigade, there needs to be realistic evaluation of the state,” said a senior TMC leader.

If the communal forces are now making inroads in the state, it is only because of TMC's decisions like giving out declaring Rs 2500 per month as Imam honorarium. But, still I think BJP's vote is not consolidated enough to translate into seat, but how they change political equation would depend on whose votes they will be bagging,” said a senior CPI-M leader.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

After the Bharat Ratna award ceremony,Dr MMS walked up and followed Pranabda.The security men followed Dr MMS and Antonia was left behind.Dr MMS did not do any small chit-chat with Antonia after ceremony.Just watched the last minute of the ceremony.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

BTW I see some massive khujli amongst INCwalas after Namo's comment on Pranab being twice denied the PMship. Seems to have touched a raw nerve there.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

BTW third front will take country to third grade comment, was this posted some where in twitter ???
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

It was a massive rally, and went beyond Rahul Sinha's expectations. Surely they left no stone unturned to bring people from all corners of the state. Earlier, TMC controlled bus union issued a whip to all private busowners not to rent out vehicles to BJP and CPM rallies (a copy of that letter has been published by a vernacular daily already). The rural bengal may not yield to BJP yet except some border districts, but wait for the shock and awe - urban middle-class will embrace NaMo big time. I asked some 70+ aunties.... and their point of discussion is to vote for NaMo this time.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

What was the Bengali non-Bengali distribution in the kolkata crowd? BJP is hampered in urban areas by its limitation to mostly non-Bengalis.
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

krishnan wrote:BTW third front will take country to third grade comment, was this posted some where in twitter ???
Straight from the boss himself :)

Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Supratik wrote:What was the Bengali non-Bengali distribution in the kolkata crowd? BJP is hampered in urban areas by its limitation to mostly non-Bengalis.
In greater Kolkata it is about 50-50 now, I mean bengalee speaking vs. non-bengalee speaking people. But many of those non-bongs who are living there for two generations are fluent in bong, and consider themselves as bong.....I know many many people (in hundreds) with lastname as 'Tripathy', 'Mishra', 'Aggrawal', 'Sharma', 'Jaisawal' who are there for 2-3 gens, call themselves as bong, married to traditional bongs. So it's tough to decide who is a bong and who isn't.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

^^^^
Further clarification:
That 50-50 figure is based on who are using bong language in their household currently, irrespective of the family origin.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Shonu wrote: First, "hinduism" is relatively new. It is the dharmic/vedic culture that is what needs protection, not "hinduism"
OT: Relatively new as in thousands of years old? Hindusim as we now know it is a mix of vedic and non-vedic culture. Hinduism will become unrecognizable if we remove the non-Vedic portions; and to top that even the Vedic Hinduism and non-Vedic Hinduism evolved over couple of thousands of years. So there is no going back to "Vedic Hinduism".
Last edited by SwamyG on 06 Feb 2014 05:49, edited 1 time in total.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 919007.cms

They plan to start it from Oct 2014. Needs to be opposed tooth and nail. I hope BJP govt will cancel it the 1st day.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

muraliravi wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 919007.cms

They plan to start it from Oct 2014. Needs to be opposed tooth and nail. I hope BJP govt will cancel it the 1st day.
Why should the BJP eliminate this ? This isn't really a visa-on-arrival. It's an electronic travel authorization program for short visits by tourists. They submit all their details online, pay fees, and get an electronic authorization ahead of time, and then enter India with that. They can be rejected at the point of application. It doesn't sound much different from what Indians themselves do when they visit some places, e.g. I did this for Taiwan, which didn't otherwise require any fees - just the ETA, which I printed and carried.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Suraj wrote:
muraliravi wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 919007.cms

Why should the BJP eliminate this ? This isn't really a visa-on-arrival. It's an electronic travel authorization program for short visits by tourists. They submit all their details online, pay fees, and get an electronic authorization ahead of time, and then enter India with that. They can be rejected at the point of application. It doesn't sound much different from what Indians themselves do when they visit some places, e.g. I did this for Taiwan, which didn't otherwise require any fees - just the ETA, which I printed and carried.
Currently US citizens needs to be present in person in the Indian embassy to get a visa and the same rule applies to indians wanting to visit the US. Now if India is willing to process the visa application of an US citizen online, will US reciprocate (I say no way in hell). This should be reciprocatory, not a one way street. Only give this facility to countries which offer the same option to indian citizens.