Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby gakakkad » 01 Mar 2014 17:40

RajeshA wrote:Breaking: Former BJP President Bangaru Laxman dies in Hyderabad.

Pity! He should have seen BJP in power!

at least he saw turdpal in jail...Laxman was extremely unfortunate... granted he was naive ...but he surely was not a corrupt criminal they portrayed him as.. My he rest in piece .

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 01 Mar 2014 17:42

vivek ‏@vivekrao_2000 4s
Must Read & RT - How the UPA killed the Indian economy http://www.rediff.com/business/slide-sh ... 140228.htm

RT this as much as possible

The record of missteps, miscalculations and resulting economic mismanagement covers the entire decade of UPA governments.

The problems began right from the Congress ‘victory’ by a whisker in 2004 and continued unabated.

Whether by design or serendipity, the National Democratic Alliance government had infrastructure as its strategy cornerstone. General B C Khanduri in surface transport, Mr Nitish Kumar in railways, Dr Arun Shourie in telecommunications and Mr Suresh Prabhu in power achieved breakthroughs between 1999 and 2004.

None of these was a technical expert in his fields but they were simply people dedicated to their jobs. They led to increases in commerce with very significant spread and multiplier effects, resulting in accelerated growth.

The Congress believed the BJP's India Shining line was wrong and caused the upset loss. Ever since, it has striven hard to corroborate this article of its faith. Mrs Sonia Gandhi’s National Advisory Council believed that since India was not Shining, the first order of business was to vastly increase the system of entitlements regardless of consequences. The government did not even demur.

Infrastructure was an inconvenient word best put aside. Railways became fiefdoms of populist allies who bled the ageing giant white even while burdening it beyond limits, proffering ever greater subsidies. Telecommunications and coal mining became mired into unimaginable cesspools of corruption.

Yet the government took the earlier growth for granted. Tax buoyancy convinced it that it had found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, enough to pay for ever-expanding populist schemes.

The pilot Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme of 2006 was ambitiously enlarged by 2008. Food and fertiliser subsidies continued to grow apace. Oil companies groaned under the rising burden of under-recoveries of the fuel they sold, but Big Government dipped into its non-existent deep pockets to assuage them, without fearing the day of reckoning.

India had already reached the slippery slope in UPA I under the same wise leadership that has continued to guide it until now.

The government responded to the deep-rooted structural problems of agriculture by offering a palliative of a one-time debt-waiver of Rs 60,000 crore to 40 million farm families. It also committed simultaneously to spending Rs 20,000 crore annually on 5.5 million families of government employees and retirees.

States had to follow suit, staring at bankruptcy, but overdrafts from the central government could come to their rescue! While one hand of the government tightened money to control inflation, the other opened the floodgates.

Two fortuitous (but unintended) results ensued. One, the bumper crop of 2008 temporarily paused food inflation. Food prices continued their upward march the very next year, not checked till date.

Between 2007 and 2011, food inflation was 80 per cent, and fruit and vegetables doubled in prices. That trend continues to exacerbate, as is evident from onion prices literally causing tears all through 2013.

A worse disaster followed the Mumbai terror attacks. Mr Chidambaram moved to the home ministry and Mr Pranab Mukherjee strode into North Block. His four Budgets from 2009 to 2012 paid mere lip service to sound macro-economic concerns, but were text-book examples of flouting them in practice.

By 2012, slowdown in all economic activity was evident. Business leaders entreated the government to end the policy paralysis, but the top Congress leadership maintained a posture that would have done the Sphinx proud.

When Mr Mukherjee was kicked upstairs, the prime minister moved Mr Chidambaram just over a year ago back into his old seat, amidst huge expectations. He declared fiscal consolidation to be his first priority.

In September last, a series of ‘reforms’ were unveiled -- higher foreign direct investment in retail, partial decontrol of fuel prices, a cabinet committee for coordinating project clearances and monitoring, among other things.

Many noises and announcements later, the current situation is that the growth rate has sunk to below five per cent, the lowest in 10 years. Food inflation continues to devour consumer confidence. Investments and industrial production are moribund.

M Joshi
BRFite

Postby M Joshi » 01 Mar 2014 18:07

Apologies for the large inline image:

Notice the map. Can anyone translate the Kannada?

yvijay
BRFite

Postby yvijay » 01 Mar 2014 18:18

Singha wrote:even if he made a mistake...this is truly pathetic sikular clutching at straws....let raul gandhi sit for a exam and we will see how much he scores on indian history!

Hilarious article on this in Unrealtimes
Sagarika questions to Modi and Pappu

—History—

Sagarika: Who is my favourite freedom fighter?

Modi: WTF yaar? How am I supposed to know? Nehru?

Sagarika: Wrong! I adore him, but that’s not the answer. You would know if you gave a damn about the Indian freedom struggle, Mr.Modi.

Modi: How is that even related?

Sagarika: It is totally related. If you read about the freedom struggle, you would have thought of me when you read about ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’ Lakshmibai. We are so similar. *takes up an imaginary Lakshmibai pose*

Modi: FML

Sagarika: Rahul Baba, which Indian freedom fighter gave us the slogan “Freedom is my birthright and I shall have it”. Lokmanya Tilak or Dr.Manmohan Singh?

Rahul: Hehe. Good one. Should be that Tilak guy. Although, to be true, Dr.Manmohan Singh also shouted that slogan at a party meeting recently and everybody laughed.

Sagarika: Tilak is the correct answer, Rahul Baba. Only a true patriot understands the struggle for freedom. *Gives Modi a condescending look*

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 01 Mar 2014 18:22

The rural villages and small towns of tn are significantly more dirty and disorganized looking than ka or kerala per my driving trips too saik.
I think the pop density and number of really poor living in shanties is more.

But in exchange tn is the much bigger industrial power.

JohnTitor
BRFite

Postby JohnTitor » 01 Mar 2014 18:23

M Joshi wrote:Apologies for the large inline image:

Notice the map. Can anyone translate the Kannada?

left side says "bharata gellissi (rali)" - meaning 'make india win' (rally). Right i just the location - Hubli.

What about the map? The top half of india is missing so NM wants to give it away?

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 01 Mar 2014 18:26

The map contains all the territories of undivided india nd throws in Burma too for good measure (wonder where's ceylon though). And the orthern expanse is just left undefined, so that tibet can be accommodated readily, I guess...

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 01 Mar 2014 18:38

The eastern extent is upto the shores of the south china sea khmer kingdom and down south to tip of malaysia

So i guess the map is our civilizational influence map

Virendra
BRFite

Postby Virendra » 01 Mar 2014 19:20

Cheers to that :

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 01 Mar 2014 19:26

>>Rajat Sharma ‏@RajatSharmaLive 43m
Amit Shah finally breaks his silence on 'snoop gate' and 'fake encounters' in Aap Ki Adalat tonight at 10 on India TV

Victor
BRF Oldie

Postby Victor » 01 Mar 2014 19:28

That map will surely give our neighbors theshitz, specially the cartographical terrorists to the east. Ceylon is there too behind Namo.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Postby Pratyush » 01 Mar 2014 19:37

Dude the map brings on the dreams of greater bharat. hats off to the people who made it.

rajithn
BRFite

Postby rajithn » 01 Mar 2014 19:59

And look to the northwest beyond GJ. If you visualize this as being flat on the ground and you are looking at it just over the horizon from the upper atmosphere - it's the perfect representation of Bharat as it once was!

panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Postby panduranghari » 01 Mar 2014 20:03

Rahul Mehta wrote:Only 4 minutes. Must watch. NaMo slams FDI in general and FDI in retail. But that was long back , I guess over a year ago.

Now all of a sudden we see a M-turn, and NaMo supports FDI !!! I wonder why didnt NaMo made pro-FDI speech one year ago. And why did he change now? Is it that MNC-owners using "threat to support AAP in media" forced NaMo to accept FDI? Or any other reasons you guys can give?

Instead of shooting messenger of bad news, pls spend time in asking Q to man who is going to become PM. And I dont look at newspaper headlines, rather I look at ABSENCE of newspaper headlines. eg I dug out BJP-leaders' support=silence on Sonia's decision to suppress census-2011 religion numbers NOT from newspaper headline but absence of newspaper headline. And this is NOT first time I am reporting silence. Since 2000, I have been telling all that in politics, silence speaks more than words.

Care to explain why NaMo opposed FDI 12 months back and now he is supporting it? Pls focus on question, after you are done throwing mud on me.

Too much Takleef, fanne? Kuch lete kyon nahee? Now care to explain why NaMo opposed FDI 12 months back and now he is supporting it? Pls focus on question, after you are done throwing mud on me.

Yah. Whatever. Dude. But TINA to Modi.

Sam-daam-daand-bhedh...to attain power to clean the gutters of Indian politics.

Changing tune on FDI to get undecided voters to vote for NDA. The battle right now is for the undecided voters. I don't know what they are undecided about? But every little helps.

Right now I will trust Modi even if does 180 degree turn. I just feel his heart is in the right place. And considering the left leaning elite hate him, more a reason to like Modi. Enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

SanjayC
BRFite

Postby SanjayC » 01 Mar 2014 21:01

panduranghari wrote:Yah. Whatever. Dude. But TINA to Modi.

Changing tune on FDI to get undecided voters to vote for NDA. The battle right now is for the undecided voters. I don't know what they are undecided about? But every little helps.

Right now I will trust Modi even if does 180 degree turn. I just feel his heart is in the right place. And considering the left leaning elite hate him, more a reason to like Modi. Enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

Rahul Mehta shows a typical Hindu trait that is currently in fashion: No Hindu politician is acceptable till he is total 100 percent gold, otherwise these dudes will run to vote for politicians hostile to Hindus. This I have seen in so many people I have lost count. The way they hem and haw, inspect a staunch Hindu politician from every angle, weigh him up and down .. it is amazing. But no such inspections for rabidly anti-Hindu politicians or parties, whom they will vote for enthusiastically. Basically, this is a manifestation of inferiority complex in one's own identity.

Virendra
BRFite

Postby Virendra » 01 Mar 2014 21:55

SanjayC wrote:
panduranghari wrote:Yah. Whatever. Dude. But TINA to Modi.

Rahul Mehta shows a typical Hindu trait that is currently in fashion: No Hindu politician is acceptable till he is total 100 percent gold, otherwise these dudes will run to vote for politicians hostile to Hindus. This I have seen in so many people I have lost count. The way they hem and haw, inspect a staunch Hindu politician from every angle, weigh him up and down .. it is amazing. But no such inspections for rabidly anti-Hindu politicians or parties, whom they will vote for enthusiastically. Basically, this is a manifestation of inferiority complex in one's own identity.

+108 to that. Although Rahul ji is a well meaning guy, but actually you summed up a general tendency among Indians pretty well.

Lilo
BRF Oldie

Postby Lilo » 01 Mar 2014 22:08

Too much lynch mob giri happening here

With no clear cut answers on BJPs

1) Stand on Art 371.
2) Stand on BJP's avoved policy of anti minority appeasement .
3) Stand on FDI in strategic sectors like Retail and Defence.
4) Stand on common civil code.

If BJP doesn't reiterate above critical issues in message and intent , is it taking Nationalist causes for granted ?

Already Muslims in Azamgarh are mocking it - one of the recent quoted artecals in the thread carry their reactions - to the fawning appeasement displayed by RNS in apologising to "Muslims" on BJP's behalf. Wonder if ordinary Hindus on the ground expecting the appeasement to end in Azamgarh amongst other places are getting mocked too?

Against what is the 0% and 100% measured and calibrated .... If not against BJP's own manifesto ?

So if it suddenly chooses to behave like a one trick pony repeating development (and on rest all issues maintaining strategic silence or contradicting them) how come BJP claims itself to be a "a party with a difference" ?

Maybe some nationalists jumping to bite the head off of even constructive critics at the drop of a hat should atleast nibble at the ears of BJP and its leaders once in a while - just to keep them focussed on longterm - not just on single issue of Development.

The only feeling I am getting is that BJP is taking its constituents for granted (the latest quips on FDI in retail along with FDI in all sectors (which includes other strategic sectors like defence and nuclear) is not something to be made in jest when BJPs core constituency itself is formed by trading classes .

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Postby Shanmukh » 01 Mar 2014 22:47

Folks,
If the Model Code of Conduct comes into place, will it be impossible for Vasundhara+Kirit Somaiya to go after the Mafia Queen's family? Vadra's deals were being investigated by the BJP government, and I would imagine they will begin by filing some FIRs against the companies involved with Vadra.

By the way, has NaMo specifically targeted the Mafia Queen or the Dynasty in corruption? Has he said anything about the AugustaWestland scam?

Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Postby Rahul Mehta » 01 Mar 2014 22:57

kapilrdave wrote:Clearly Sukhdev, Rajguru, Bhagatsing and also Gandhiji were just examples. He is talking about the need of a cleaner country which has been given to us by paying very high cost by the freedom fighters. That includes freedom fighters of Andaman-Nicobar. In any case, it is only laughable to even think that NM doesn't know Bhagatsign didn't went to A&N.

Yes. But "Bhagatsingh -> AN" saved NaMo from M-turn on FDI issue. IOW, ToI didnt write about M-turn on FDI issue which could have done huge damage to NaMo, but wrote about Bhagatsingh -> AN issue which does very low damage to NaMo. And why would ToI do that? Or let me tell you a principal in journalism --- write a lot about something else to cover silence on something. or divert the attemtion on some other issue. ToI is pro-FDI. And ToI wanted audience to ignore NaMo's M-turn on FDI. And so ToI went full throttle on "Bhagat -> AN" issue.

panduranghari wrote: Yah. Whatever. Dude. But TINA to Modi.

TINA is good for individual or party, but bad for nation.

=====

SanjayC, All

I have never voted for Congress or any party. I didnt vote at all, or voted for 49O = NoTA. I believe in creating alternatives, not voting for Congress because BJP is bad.

Now what do you suggest I should do about M-turn of BJP leaders? Push them under carpet? eg BJP-leaders supported Sonia Gandhi's decision to suppress muslim % population numbers in census-2011. Now do you insist that I should hide this fact from my junior activists? And lose all their trust once they come to know that I had hidden this fact to me? Well, I have very very small number of junior activists now, but they are very sharp, very informed and IMO my company has made them more informed and sharper. If I dont raise hell on this issue of census coverup with full throttle, then my juniors will know in next few months that I hid the issue from them.

Likewise, BJP-leaders in year 2002 had increased juvenile age from 16 years to 18 years to promote love jihad in India. Now what do you suggest I should do? Should I hide this fact from my junior activists and lose their faith?

My junior activists have "chosen" me as their senior because they saw that I go around giving relevant information which no one else was giving. And over time they have put faith that if any relevant fact comes to me , I wont hide it. And now if I start hiding facts that come across me , then I will lose their trust for once and for all. So AFAIS, I have no choice but to tell all FACTS I see around me to everyone. You can call me "chugalikhor", but then thats what activist is supposed to be.

====

NaMo's stand on tax-exemption to FDI-investors

FDI investors get tax exemptions on most taxes such as income tax. Will NaMo continue that policy? If yes, then IMO local Indian investors get royally ruined. Now for details, pls confirm with a CA as well.

FDI investors give dollars and get rupees from RBI and then they invest that rupee in India. Now whatever profits they may from this rupee they invest is tax exempt, unless they want dollars back. eg say Rs 60 = $1 is the rate. Say an MNC-owner brings in $ 1 crore to India and gives it to RBI. Then RBI will give him Rs 60 crore which he will invest. Now say that MNC-owner makes a profit of 15% i.e. Rs 9 crore on it. Then he will NOT have to pay tax of Rs 3 crore on it, which other normal Indian businessmen will need to pay. Further, whatever profits he makes from this 9 crore of investment next year too will be tax exempt !! FDI in certain sectors also get exemption from customs , excise, service tax etc. In such cases, there is no way local businessmen can compete against them.

So will NaMo as PM support tax exemptions to FDI? Now since I never voted for NaMo, I never voted for BJP. And in may-2014 I will be voting for Right to Recall candidate or NoTA and thus I wont be voting for BJP=NaMo. So I have no right to ask this question to NaMo=BJP. But NaMo-supporters might want to get answer to this question and also tell answer to this question to voters. Till now, NaMo-supporters had valid answer to question that "NaMo is Swadeshi, NaMo is anti-FDI and so this question doesnt apply". But now that NaMo has declared himself as pro-FDI, the question does come "will NaMo support tax exemptions given to FDI"? If yes, then IMO, India is on way to become SoKo or Phillinpines or some combination. And MNC-owners are also notorious for splitting countries into pieces. So if MNC-owners become stronger, then they will split India into 20 parts and make each part fight with its neighbors. FDI and then tax-exemptions to FDI will make MNC-owners stronger and stronger and stronger in India. And they may become strong enough to split India. Further, MNC-owners are notorious for killing local religions and promote Missionaries. I dont need to give more details.

[OST ---- Solution I propose are RTR etc etc. I also propose complete cancellation of all tax exemptions to FDI, and making rupee free floating, 300% customs duty on all products except natural resources such as gold, crude etc and ending RBI's responsibility to give dollars to importers. And making all international trade gold\silver based in 5-10 years. But all that is OST]

So I request NaMo-supporters to get answers to this question whether "will NaMo continue tax exemptions to FDI"?

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 01 Mar 2014 23:06

Looks like Amit shah on India tv aap ki adalat! Any one watched? Twitter is saying it was explosive and great

kish
BRFite

Postby kish » 01 Mar 2014 23:13

Couple of days back a tamil channel (Thanthi TV) did a telecast of pre-poll survey it did in partnership with some organization.
AIADMK was leading in almost all constituencies with DMK a distant second.
The surprise bit was BJP was 3rd with 10%-15% vote-share. Usually, parties like PMK,MDMK,etc would take the 3rd or 4th position. What this means is, BJP is building a core voter base in Tamil Nadu

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Postby chaanakya » 01 Mar 2014 23:21

vivek.rao wrote:Looks like Amit shah on India tv aap ki adalat! Any one watched? Twitter is saying it was explosive and great

Yeah, I watched. The man is very competent. His clarity of thought is exceptional. My respect has grown manifold.

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 01 Mar 2014 23:24

chaanakya wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:Looks like Amit shah on India tv aap ki adalat! Any one watched? Twitter is saying it was explosive and great

Yeah, I watched. The man is very competent. His clarity of thought is exceptional. My respect has grown manifold.

Is there a link?

KJo
BRF Oldie

Postby KJo » 01 Mar 2014 23:53

Bangaru Laxman, ex BJP President DEAD.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 221884.cms

amitvora
BRFite -Trainee

Postby amitvora » 02 Mar 2014 00:37

Deshgujarat has tids and bits of his Amit Shah's interview. Here is the link: http://deshgujarat.com/2014/03/01/glimp ... ki-adalat/

Amit

member_28173
BRFite

Postby member_28173 » 02 Mar 2014 01:21

http://deshgujarat.com/2014/03/01/gujar ... kas-nigam/

When gujarat looks at backward class challenge , no news challenge talks because there is NO vote bank involved.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 02 Mar 2014 05:16

IE and a cynical writer conspire to produce this bilge. Still, a good read for the details it unwittingly emits...

The anatomy of a namo rally:

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... -stage/99/

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Postby SwamyG » 02 Mar 2014 06:33

Rahul Mehta: Modi is not going to be AGMARK type certified. He is a politician, and BJP and him are going to have all the trappings of that a regular politician or political party. In order to win elections, they will position and reposition themselves. BJP and Congress do not differ much on ideologies when it comes to running the affairs of the countries. They will position themselves and reinvent themselves again again to win elections. While it is always good to keep the party and the potential PM on their toes and ensure they do not take people for granted. 2 months from the elections, they are the best among the choices India has.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Postby Yagnasri » 02 Mar 2014 06:50

I watched. He got very good response from public in the hall. If this is the indicative of NM support then we are in for a great election result.

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 02 Mar 2014 06:54

Why Modi is popular

This time the choice increasingly appears to be between the past and the future, between an old idea of India and a new one. Those selling the old idea, in their different ways, are the Congress, the Aam Aadmi Party and the ‘secular socialists’ who banded together last week as a third front.

What is the old idea of India? It is the one bequeathed us by Nehruvian socialism whereby we have created India as she is today. A land in which a vast infrastructure of politicians, officials, clerks and peons govern badly an angry and restless populace that no longer understands why basic needs are so hard to meet. A land in which young people demand to know why the sons of officials and politicians live like billionaires while they hunt desperately for jobs in a market that in the past 10 years has dried up. So crony capitalism is a favourite catchphrase with the AAP lot, without them noticing that this is always a creation of the state. In the eyes of AAP, it is corporate India that is to blame.

What is most depressing is that if you talk to leaders of the parties in the old India club, the solutions they offer are no different to the ones we have already tried. In their campaign speeches, they talk of secularism and socialism, poverty alleviation schemes and empowering women. On corruption, the Lokpal is a ‘new’ idea that has been around for 40 years. They know that they offer nothing new, so they throw in dark references to the man they most fear and loathe. Narendra Modi.

After making it clear that he believed that India’s strengths were “democracy, demography and demand” and its weaknesses were serious deficits of governance, trust, morality and hope, Modi made the case for what he thinks can be done. He said nothing could improve without “good governance”. He did not say in so many words that by this he meant massive administrative reforms, but used anecdotes from Gujarat to make this point.

Then he talked of needing to improve “the quality of life” for the average Indian. It was vital to make India a country in which young people could live with hope and dignity, he said, and for this they needed jobs and the amenities that remain mostly unavailable to rural Indians. Electricity, clean water and a standard of living that could be described as a standard of living. He said, “We need in rural India to keep the soul of the villages but provide people with the utilities and services available in urban centres.” He reiterated that he saw urbanisation not as a problem but as an opportunity.

What touched my own cynical soul to its core was his suggestion, when talking of healthcare, that we pledge to make India clean and sanitary by the 150th anniversary of Gandhiji’s birthday. This was the best tribute that could be paid Gandhiji, Modi said, because he had worked so hard to convince Indians of the importance of sanitation and hygiene. In modern terms, Modi emphasised, the benefit would be a huge reduction in India’s healthcare bills, because it would shift the emphasis to prevention from cure.

He offers hope in a time of deep despair and he offers a dream of prosperity at the end of a decade when the Indian economy has sunk to its lowest ebb in recent memory. The old India club offers only ‘poverty alleviation’ to people sick to death of poverty.

gandharva
BRF Oldie

Postby gandharva » 02 Mar 2014 07:49

This will cause lot of heartburn. Delhi based MSM sidelined for interview.

विरोधियों से प्रमाणपत्र की जरूरत नहीं

पेश हैं मोदी के दैनिक टाइम टेबल से लेकर देश के बारे में उनकी सोच और पड़ोसी देशों से रिश्तों के बारे में हुई लंबी चर्चा के प्रमुख अंश:

http://www.jagran.com/news/national-nar ... 30650.html
Last edited by gandharva on 02 Mar 2014 07:51, edited 1 time in total.

Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Postby Kakkaji » 02 Mar 2014 07:50

My apologies if this has been posted before. It shows the humble beginnings that NaMo has risen from:

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/inside-track-not-chai-but-fafda/99/

Not chai, but fafda

Mani Shankar Aiyar tried to score points by dismissing Narendra Modi as a former chaiwallah. The BJP seized upon his job description to its advantage, starting Modi chai pe charcha stalls all over the country as part of its campaign strategy. But those who knew Modi in the good old days say the chaiwallah description is inaccurate. When Modi returned to Gujarat after his Himalayan sojourn, instead of going back to Vadnagar, his birthplace, he went to Ahmedabad, where his uncle sold fafda (a Gujarati savoury), not tea, at the Geeta Mandir bus stop. While studying, Modi helped his uncle as a part-time dishwasher. RSS leader Lakshmanrao Inamdar, known as ‘Vakil saheb’, took an interest in the young dishwasher, who was fond of reading. He invited Modi to Hedgewar Bhavan in Ahmedabad during the Navnirman movement. There, Modi’s duties included cooking, washing clothes and mopping floors.

Neither the Yuvraj nor Kejriwal, who claim to speak for the poor, have ever experienced the poverty or hard menial labour that is the lot of the poor in India. NaMo has experienced it first-hand.

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 02 Mar 2014 07:59

RMji...

You come up with ultra arguments on how Modi has to be 100% Hindu, 100% Ayodhya temple, temples over toilets, 100% anti-Muslim hardliner.

Do you expect him to win with dhimmis and people who think only way to live is thru subsidies,quotas and cheat your way out by screwing others?

Just read this

Party’s over for socialists

here will be many stories within and around the 2014 general elections. A principal occurrence will be the earthquake that swallows the socialists. Its epicenter will be Bihar, but the perimeter of devastation will extend across Uttar Pradesh.

The last three heirs of Lohia, Nitish Kumar, Lalu Prasad Yadav and Mulayam Singh Yadav surely know in their hearts what their minds might refuse to admit. The party’s over. Ever since they first sipped power at the fountain of coalitions in 1967, one fact has been transparently clear. Indian socialists have always been far better at politics than government. Such talent should not be underestimated in a democracy. It is difficult enough to win elections even after delivering on the promise of incremental prosperity. To do so through sheer emotional arithmetic is genius.

the Chief Minister’s loyal castes were rewarded with a stake in power, allies were kept onside with marginal benefits, and the vital Muslim vote was patched on with a debilitating concoction of illusion and fear. Muslims got prayer and tokenism; jobs went to others. Religion became the opium of the people.

Nitish Kumar’s brief encounter with glory had little to do with the quality of governance. He was the much-needed relief vessel after the Lalu shipwreck. His years in power were primarily consumed by a relentless search of sub-castes to knead into a political dividend. It was vote bank politics, but with rural banks, a low capital base and insufficient transactions. As a long-term business model, it offered little chance of success. Now that Nitish Kumar has run out of time and ideas, the alibi game has begun

Today’s voter is sick to the stomach of deceptive jargon. Politics, unfortunately, has become a malevolent word. Indians want jobs, security and empowerment through economic growth. They are equally tired of the misuse of secularism to justify corruption, dynasty and piteously weak administration. In any case, when the opening sentence of a book on Narendra Modi’s views states that secularism is the equality of all faiths before the law, when he avers in his speeches that the only religion of a politician is the Constitution of India,

For four decades, Indian socialists have denied BJP primacy in the crucial Ganga-Jamuna belt. BJP was successful in displacing socialists in Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan (Lohia’s home province), but could never quite get their act together in UP and Bihar. The party touched nadir when two years ago Mulayam Singh Yadav won UP by unprecedented margins, and Nitish Kumar chose this psychological moment to distance himself from BJP, and start a flirtation with Congress

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 02 Mar 2014 08:21

nageshks wrote:Folks,
If the Model Code of Conduct comes into place, will it be impossible for Vasundhara+Kirit Somaiya to go after the Mafia Queen's family? Vadra's deals were being investigated by the BJP government, and I would imagine they will begin by filing some FIRs against the companies involved with Vadra.

By the way, has NaMo specifically targeted the Mafia Queen or the Dynasty in corruption? Has he said anything about the AugustaWestland scam?

Criminal prosecution has nothing to do with model code of conduct. Let no media person tell you that "criminal prosecution of entities related to political persons" have to be halted because of "model code of conduct".

Model code of conduct is just that, a guideline and EC can enforce it to a point where no legalities are broken. This is to ensure that elections go smooth and fair.

And criminal prosecution of cases is just that., prosecution of illegal activities.

rohitv
BRFite

Postby rohitv » 02 Mar 2014 08:26

Narendra Modi has given interview to Dainik Jagaran - prior to his Lucknow Rally.
E-Paper Link:

http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/ ... 484-4.html
http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/ ... 496-4.html

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 02 Mar 2014 08:32

kumarn wrote:one close friend from college (muslim gal) unfriended and blocked me on FB after what I thought was a civilized debate on water management in gujarat! This election is like none in the past!

Kumarn, good riddance! She was never a "close" friend and neither a good person to begin with. What kind of friend does not respect her own friend's contrarian views and engage in contrasting ideas?

Here is what you can do, wish her best and gift her the novel "Veil". And move on. I do feel for you in a different way, bringing an end to friendship is not a trivial thing.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 02 Mar 2014 08:42

rohitv wrote:Narendra Modi has given interview to Dainik Jagaran - prior to his Lucknow Rally.
E-Paper Link:

http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/ ... 484-4.html
http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/ ... 496-4.html

Must read. I will try to post snippets.

Headline: In this crucial momentous turn, costly will be an experiment (Disha: Whatever that means Stated in context of 3rd front)

Salient Points:

1. To the interviewer, no pending files are visible on NaMo's desk., inspite of doing some 273 sabhas in last 150 days. This aspect of NaMo is really something to think about (reality bites as a finger getting bitten between teeth - hindi cliche)

2. Quite Interestingly (vichitra), even after spending 1.5 hours with this extremely busy person in his office, no interruptions - not even a phone call.

3. On talking about LS elections, NaMo exudes confidence and decisiveness. NaMo says elections are not about arithmetic but chemistry. Elections will be fought on chemistry and not arithmetic.

4. Janta (people) want honest (pramanik) and beholden to your confidence (vishwasniya) governance.

Last edited by disha on 02 Mar 2014 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

rohitv
BRFite

Postby rohitv » 02 Mar 2014 08:50

disha wrote:Headline: In this crucial momentous turn, costly will be an experiment (Disha: Whatever that means)

This was with regard to the third front and federal front. He said that these parties are indirectly helping Congress and warned people about this "experiment"

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Postby Muppalla » 02 Mar 2014 08:53

I have felt the Modi wave for the first time. We (under the banner of OFBJP) were asked to make calls for spreading NaMo's word as part of election campaign. The selected phone numbers are fro rural UP and are random nature. Instead of us telling about please vote for NaMo, it was mostly a reverse "evangelization" about Modi and why all their relatives will vote for Modi.

I am just scared to believe as I have seen an unbelievable loss in 2009.

Return to “BR Nostalgia Archive”