Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Atri
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Atri »

Muppalla wrote:See the sun and the heat these days in this area and people are really looking forward to a change. Atri mahashay - we need your snippets related to Nanded and surrounding areas. :)
nanded rally is a shock. nanded is to INC what amethi and raebareli is to congis. the crowd was mostly from adjoining munde strongholds, still nanded has considerable sikh population - they're not deciding factor, but they are swinging lotus wards. entire cadre of marathwada is energized.

difficult to say whether this will translate into seat. MIM making strong inroads in that region. only aurangabad and beed are sure seats in marathwada. others are open game, with modi wave in place.

vidarbha is surely in kitty (9 seats out of 10). northeren MH is in kitty (jalgaon, dhule, nandurbar sure, nashik is open game). Konkan (palghar, ratnagiri, sindhudurg are neutral with strong modi wave). Mumbai (2 seats for sure, others are open game - depends how MNS is tackled. they are saying MNS will start campaigning from tomorrow. will see how intense that is. so far, no presence on roads). Public is aware of the fact that voting for MNS will not help modi. RT does not have candidates to prop up, hence chutiyas like mahesh manjrekar (allegedly close to the "BHAI") are propped up. there is very strong modi wave in MH, bordering on hindutva-wave plus bijli-sadak-pani wave. the fratricidal infighting is what is undoing the sureshot cleansweep. There are high chances of them repeating the performance of 1996 (33 seats), but I still put my money on 25 seats with BJP winnign 17-18. Shivsena has awakened, it seams, but lot of ground to cover.

regarding western MH, only baramati and satara seats are sureshot in congi kitty. all others, for the first time are open game with advantage towards congress but with good fight and last minute small swing will fall in NDA's basket (although with small margins).

one notable thing I noticed, people have drastically reduced watching ndtv and ibn and shifting towards watching zee (this trend is more visible in vidarbha and marathwada). This is happening subconsciously, when asked why spend more time on zee, they do not know - most of them simply said i don't know, just like that. this subconscious shift was interesting to observe.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Atri ji - if BJP winnin 17-18 seats in Mah, and 25 overall - that is great!

Pessimistically, I am marking 170 seats to BJP., and if given the ground swell I am hearing (even DNA newspaper was talking about Modi wave) and IFF that translates into people going to the booths and voting, I am optimistically giving 250 to BJP.

Why the optimism,

I saw Kejriwal's raila in Chandigarh - there were more policemen than rally workers

I saw SG's speech - in Delhi., not much of a turnout.

I saw RG's speech - all the camera's were closeups - Raj Babbar was looking totally downcast.

Saw snippets of Laloo's speech - excellent speech - went against Nitish kumar - some 10-15k voters. That is Laloo who coined the word raila.

Now it is get the vote out stage.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Since nothing seems to be working for Congress, they seem to be trying the same tactics as Jinnah after 1937 election - "Islam khatre mein"...there is a desperate attempt to create fear and polarize the voters.
Sanjay
BRFite

Post by Sanjay »

disha any photos of the enemy rallies ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Hope she wipes the floor with the smug little shehzade.

If anyone can, Smriti Irani and Amit Shah can pull it off
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Sanjay ji., Sadly no. I was channel surfing across some 2-3 channels. Not sophisticated enough to grab screenshots.

^Regarding Smriti Irani/RaGa., Yay. RaGa is going to have nightmares whenever he has smriti of Smriti.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Smiriti Irani on kindness of Modi

http://youtu.be/FiBy9HVXKsk?t=25m2s
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Modi Praising LOLh Purush.
Narendra Modi in Aap Ki Adalat, Part-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6xgYE7y8Lk
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Amit Shah, Digvijaya Singh and Manish Sisodia battle it out at

at 28.30 he tells Diggyraja off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTN_K29qtBM
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

First essay in a series on why 2014 elections are so important

The Prize - That is India
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

:D :D
I never supported Ram Janmabhoomi movement: Jaswant Singh

JAISALMER: Former Union minister Jaswant Singh, who was expelled from BJP after he refused to withdraw his nomination papers as an Independent candidate, has raked up the issue of Ram Janmabhoomi issue saying while he was in BJP government at the Centre, he never supported and agreed to the movement.

During his tenure as minister in the Union government, Singh had told party patriarch L K Advani that with making of the temple, neither the glory of Ram will increase nor decrease. Singh told this to media persons while speaking at a press conference here on Sunday.

Singh said that at the time of Ram Janmabhoomi agitation, he did not support Advani's Rath Yatra. When the yatra reached Chittorgarh, as MP of Chittorgarh, he did not go there to welcome Advani, Singh claimed. When the Babri Masjid was demolished, then Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee called him over phone from Faizabad and informed that his (Vajpayee's) lifelong hard work has come to an end at one go.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 989923.cms
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Btw, ground report - From few people (so limited pov) - The BJP magic has taken some hit, there is caste based mobolization along expected lines in UP and Bihar. Initially some castes (or youth from that caste) that have voted Modi are going back to their own traditional caste based party (only a small % is sticking). TIFWIW
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

gandharva wrote::D :D
I never supported Ram Janmabhoomi movement: Jaswant Singh

JAISALMER: Former Union minister Jaswant Singh, who was expelled from BJP after he refused to withdraw his nomination papers as an Independent candidate, has raked up the issue of Ram Janmabhoomi issue saying while he was in BJP government at the Centre, he never supported and agreed to the movement.

During his tenure as minister in the Union government, Singh had told party patriarch L K Advani that with making of the temple, neither the glory of Ram will increase nor decrease. Singh told this to media persons while speaking at a press conference here on Sunday.

Singh said that at the time of Ram Janmabhoomi agitation, he did not support Advani's Rath Yatra. When the yatra reached Chittorgarh, as MP of Chittorgarh, he did not go there to welcome Advani, Singh claimed. When the Babri Masjid was demolished, then Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee called him over phone from Faizabad and informed that his (Vajpayee's) lifelong hard work has come to an end at one go.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 989923.cms

good. we need more of these plants to come out and say it in the open. let all these jackals come out and show their true faces. friend for friend. foe for foe.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

^ Step 2 is to turn "secular" meaning suck up to other communities and openly turn hostile to Hindus to collect votes
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

Our family has been a hardcore congress supporters. I was speaking with my cousin who lives in my village in Bellary Dist. KA. He told me that many college going kids (who commute daily from village to city/town) in our community are telling their parents to vote for Modi. He thinks this might have impact as some parents may follow the advice of their children.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

fanne wrote:Btw, ground report - From few people (so limited pov) - The BJP magic has taken some hit, there is caste based mobolization along expected lines in UP and Bihar. Initially some castes (or youth from that caste) that have voted Modi are going back to their own traditional caste based party (only a small % is sticking). TIFWIW
Canards spread by the usual suspects. Now that they smell defeat, they have to try something. Misinformation costs almost nothing. I hope this doesn't lead to another bout of hysterical dhothi-shivering.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

BJP central leadership must have known about Jasso mithai wala long time back it is just that they must have waited for right opportunity to sideline this 11th man ; in middle of the Modi wave he will be tossed aside and people won't even miss him in BJP.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I assume his post BJP career will be as a track2 intellectual and be wined and dined in harvard, london, lahore, washington as a deep thinker and solution provider for south asia.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

His invoking of the secularism card is a classic trait.
And then the usual step of distancing from an issue - in this case , it is the RJB issue.
Jaswant Singh is speaking more like a Congress party candidate.

The idealogical space in political campaigning is actually pretty claustrophobic now - you have development, secularim and fight against corruption. Jaswant singh waving the secularism flag is definately not meant for the BJP higher-ups to notice.

But 10 years of secularism under COngress has led to nothing getting better.. And we saw what anti-corruption movements can do - make a mockery of our system. That leaves only development as the idealogy that has a larger mass appeal. And Modi has cornered that space. So you are with Modi or against. Jaswant Singh blinked and made a wrong move.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Modi just spoken in Arunachal and it seems that BJP and other non congress leaders are being threatened by mafia leadership there.

what is the link for the second part of NM interview by Madhu Kesar?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Retweeted by HateHags ;P
Atul Kumar ‏@VivaditVichar 1h
@irfhabib Sir, Many places don't even get 4 to 8 hours supply in other parts. Tribal belts get nothing in other states. Please avoid lies.

Retweeted by HateHags ;P
Chandresh ‏@ca_henia 1h

@irfhabib i live in kutch nit only in my villages but in whole mandvi taluka power cut even for hour is rare
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

fanne wrote:Btw, ground report - From few people (so limited pov) - The BJP magic has taken some hit, there is caste based mobolization along expected lines in UP and Bihar. Initially some castes (or youth from that caste) that have voted Modi are going back to their own traditional caste based party (only a small % is sticking). TIFWIW
fanne ji, I felt the same. I happened to discuss this issue with one of my relatives very much involved in politics (congress man) though he is a professor. according to him all political parties go through this kind of a hitch in narrative. Generally this happens on account of opposition readjusting the strategy to counter the prevalent narrative.

He said this is a factor that everyone accounts for in their election plans. He gave example of what happened in Gujrat elections also Chattisgarh and MP last time. He said Kushabhai / Ajit Jogi and Scrindia and others were successful in confusing the mainstream voter a little bit. But the fact is that proportional increase in popularity on a sustained campaign is not possible. So in effect there are 2 things happening. 1) BJP's opposition is out of initial shock and awe and are now appraising ground level situation much better. Hence they have improved responses on ground and in media. 2) The proportional gains that initial BJP campaign got is now flattening out.

Timing is important. So BJP is plateauing and opposition is on an upswing. Both in tandem looks like worse for BJP than it actually is. According to him NAMO's 185 rally plan is more towards consolidation than winning new converts. He rates BJP's poll management very high as according to him onus is on opposition to run high decibel very public campaign and BJP machinery has to work towards consolidation. In the end he feels 190 is what BJP will get.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

AAP is fighting elections in Jammu just for sake of it. Local candidate, a Sikh guy will get votes from his famly only :))

His campaigning till now is limited to putting up banners in front of Sikh owned places. If this is how they are planning to win 10 seats then even god cant help them.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Exclusive Interview: Arun Shourie On Narendra Modi's Economic policy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEq4o3duXak

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

@pragnik: This is Modi Wave - People of Amaravati who could not find a place on d rally ground throng on roads to listen Modi
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^Yet, we will have people denying such a thing or predicting its plateau or decline just by the comments of a few relatives/friends. By this logic (me being from commie/congi infested Kerala), Mr. Modi nor the BJP will never win anything.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

kmkraoind wrote:Image

@pragnik: This is Modi Wave - People of Amaravati who could not find a place on d rally ground throng on roads to listen Modi
This is not just a Modi wave, it's something much bigger. The sleeping elephant has woken up, from tail to tusk.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 500_1.html

This is how "brave" and "nationalist" congress people behave. Seeking Sonia "permission" to commit self immolation??? I expected more from Bitta. I was wrong.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Meanwhile, the dynasty's showing itself to be the liability it always was ...

>>GhoseSpot ‏@SandipGhose 8h
Sonia, Rahul missing from Kamal Nath's posters and bill-boards in Chindhwara http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140331/j ... zjehahlFGY
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

^^Wow that's a big one, kamalnath has been so close since the days of indira and sanjay days. If anyone is aware of ground situation 'he' is! He wouldn't have taken such a risk had he though sg-rg-pg are coming back in 2019. As everyone knows die-nasty never forgets - never forgives!
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Dynasty forget and forgives if it is kept in power. Remember Jaipal Reddy calling for hanging Rajiv gandhi on Bofors. Power for Dynasty is the sole criteria. I would not be surprised if mafia itself has encouraged this kind of actions. By all I hear in Mumbai, mafia is hard pressed to keep falling into its historical low. If it reaches historical low, it fears the Dynasty grip on the party may be questioned. ( There is no manliness left in Congress leaders for that but dynasty not taking any chances)

By the way Hooda was also observed doing that. MP has many high profile mafia leaders and they are quite powerful in their own seats. Even in Gujarath mafia managed to win good number of MP seats during NM's CM period also.

This time things may change.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

lol , even yahoo knowns , and has nicely marked mail from INC as spam :rotfl:
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Flipped a random news channel and landed on some India news or something. They all do this durbaar kind of thing these days. Call all candidates and some locals in a constituency and the anchor gets to shout like Arnab. So some punylittle boyish journo shouting on the mafia don type candidate and they are taking it for now. The nation wants to know. This one was for Aligarh.
Suddenly chanting starts - Modi, Modi....
It's becoming increasingly popular.
rahul_r
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahul_r »

Part 2 of Madhu Kishwar's interview with Modi

http://youtu.be/phi7LznIR00
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Agnimitra wrote:Exclusive Interview: Arun Shourie On Narendra Modi's Economic policy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEq4o3duXak

Such a sharp mind Shri Arun Shourie has. 8)

He points out:
First congress' target was to win the elections itself - then it became that BJP should be defeated - now it has come down prevent ONE MAN NARENDRA MODI from becoming PM. You see how congress has turned it into a presidential election........."
Somebody please tweet it!
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

archan wrote:Flipped a random news channel and landed on some India news or something. They all do this durbaar kind of thing these days. Call all candidates and some locals in a constituency and the anchor gets to shout like Arnab. So some punylittle boyish journo shouting on the mafia don type candidate and they are taking it for now. The nation wants to know. This one was for Aligarh.
Suddenly chanting starts - Modi, Modi....
It's becoming increasingly popular.
http://hillpost.in/2013/08/top-7-indian ... ans/95166/
India News is owned by Karthikeya Sharma, brother of Manu Sharma who was sentenced to life imprisonment in the Jessica Lal murder case. Karthikeya Sharma owns the ITV Media group that operates many news channels including News X. Karthikeya and Manu are sons of Congress leader Venod Sharma.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

During early 90's, in every match that India played in India, A constant chant used to be "Shatri Hai hai" owing to his slow and lackluster batting. As a result he hardly performed significantly in those 2-3 years in India.

This Modi chant is becoming like a mantra and subconsciously helping the folks to make up their mind to vote for Modi as well scaring day light out of opponents. Not everyone chanting Modi Modi will vote for BJP but it shows the amount of disgust people have for Non BJP politicians.

It is no longer BJP who is the enemy. Infact certain leaders like LKA , Sushi, Hiren Pandya and now Jassu mithaiwala have become darling of the Sickular crowd. It is only the Modi who is the target and people understand it very very well and hence the Modi chant.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

I have read a highly liked comment on T0I forum ''support Modi for he is fighting all impossible odds alone'' people loath mithaiwala these days