Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby pankajs » 04 Apr 2014 10:27

On the latest Economist fart
Majorly PhD, Expert ‏@majorlyp 4h

I join Economist in Modi criticism. If you want to kill Muslims, atleast have decency to kill them in a pointless war in some Muslim country
Naina Balmiki ‏@NainaBalmiki 3h

@pranaam37 @sarkar_swati Yes, @TheEconomist supported both Iraq & Afghanistan invasions that killed a million Muslims http://www.economist.com/node/1259408

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 04 Apr 2014 10:34

Ishrat Jahan case: Won’t name Amit Shah, CBI to tell special court
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 204107.cms
A top CBI official told ET that the agency will tell the Special CBI Court that it has "satisfied itself" by probing the material against Shah in the case and that the same does not qualify as "prosecutable evidence".

member_28397
BRFite

Postby member_28397 » 04 Apr 2014 10:36

Suraj wrote:
negi wrote:Best quote by Modi "Na khata hoon, na khane deta hoon" ; no one in the history of independent India at his position has had b@lls to make such a statement .

Maybe the idiom doesn't quite translate for an non-native speaker, but does that mean "I don't steal the wealth, nor do I hand out freebies" ?

"I dont steal/take bribes nor I let anyone steal/take bribes".

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 04 Apr 2014 10:48

I guess those who have been hounding people under false sikular cases for 10+ yrs need to take defensive measures now and hope and pray they escape the wrath of any changed regime.

member_28173
BRFite

Postby member_28173 » 04 Apr 2014 10:57

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities ... gujarat/3/

Does this make sense . I give 1/10 ... WHy is Modi Making Gujarat Interesting fight :( I now dislike him :p

Gujarat First... More and More it sounds like Tennnesse in Algore v/s Bush 2000

Yes GPP joining BJP is some solance... But Modi seems to make Gujarat Leaderless.... No MP seems to carry his own weight even if 26/26 .. Not Good for Gujarat. Atleast he should given 1 ticket to GPP.

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Postby Manish_Sharma » 04 Apr 2014 11:07

VikasRaina wrote:What is this 'Shahi' Imam thing. These guys are bloody 2 paise ka care taker of the Masjid. Why call these bitches Shahi Imam. The days of Shahs are over and so is so called Shia Muslim rule.

~Abki baar Modi Sarkaar

As long as the descendents of Giasuddin Ghazi the mogul kotwal have ruling power, shahi imaam will be revered. Just like indira gandhi (maimuna begum) when went to Afganistan, she decided to ignore Prithviraj's samadhi though offered by Afgan Govt. and visited babur's tomb:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rssowner/cApYH1h5vvk/xgrGouz8tNAJ
The book “The Life of Indira Nehru Gandhi” (ISBN: 9780007259304) by Katherine Frank sheds light on some of Indira Gandhi’s other love affairs.

It is written that Indira’s first love was with her German teacher at Shantiniketan. Later she had affair with M. O. Mathai (father’s secretary), then Dhirendra Brahmachari (her yoga teacher) and at last with Dinesh Singh (Foreign Minister).

Former Foreign Minister K Natwar Singh made an interesting revelation about Indira Gandhi's affinity to the Mughals in his book “Profile and Letters” (ISBN: 8129102358).

It states that- In 1968 Indira Gandhi as the Prime Minister of India went on an official visit to Afghanistan. Natwar Sing accompanied her as an IFS officer in duty. After having completed the day's long engagements, Indira Gandhi wanted to go out for a ride in the evening.

After going a long distance in the car, Indira Gandhi wanted to visit Babur's burial place, though this was not included in the itinerary. The Afghan security officials tried to dissuade her, but she was adamant. In the end she went to that burial place.

It was a deserted place. She went before Babur's grave, stood there for a few minutes with head bent down in reverence. Natwar Singh stood behind her. When Indira had finished her prayers, she turned back and told Singh “Today we have had our brush with history.” Worth to mention that Babur was the founder of Mughal rule in India, from which the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty have descended.

No wonder nehru govt. insisted on aurangzeb road in lootyens delhi.
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 04 Apr 2014 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

SanjayC
BRFite

Postby SanjayC » 04 Apr 2014 11:08

Suraj wrote:Maybe the idiom doesn't quite translate for an non-native speaker, but does that mean "I don't steal the wealth, nor do I hand out freebies" ?

It means "neither do I eat money (take bribes) myself, nor do I allow anyone else to do so."

Klaus
BRF Oldie

Postby Klaus » 04 Apr 2014 11:17

Hari Seldon wrote:A threat/warning from kolkata's shahi imam...

"You must understand we ruled Hindustan for 1,000 years. But we never made Hindus slaves here, like the British did. We want to live in harmony now," Barkati added. :roll:

But he claimed that Narendra Modi presents a real "threat" and has a warning. "If BJP comes to power, implements the RSS agenda, if they impose uniform civil code, if they stop us from praying, the Muslim clergy and scholars will discuss it and can even proclaim jehad." :shock:

Excellent! Classic lying (taqqiya) followed by a very open & blunt threat. Just made a lot of sub-continental Islamists shore up on the side they have taken.

niran
BRF Oldie

Postby niran » 04 Apr 2014 11:44

Suraj wrote:
negi wrote:Best quote by Modi "Na khata hoon, na khane deta hoon" ; no one in the history of independent India at his position has had b@lls to make such a statement .

Maybe the idiom doesn't quite translate for an non-native speaker, but does that mean "I don't steal the wealth, nor do I hand out freebies" ?

neither am corrupt nor will I allow corruption

Sri
BRFite

Postby Sri » 04 Apr 2014 11:59

True incident.... Marketing executives in Delhi wrote this in his appraisal form...
"2014 mein hoga target poora Saar kyunki... Ab ki baar..."

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 04 Apr 2014 12:07

They say of NM in Guj, "Na khaave, na khaane de".

Neither eats (money) nor allows others to eat. Its the second part that causes lotsa takleef in the mantralayas and babucracy, as you can well imagine....

prahaar
BRF Oldie

Postby prahaar » 04 Apr 2014 12:13

chandturakhia wrote:http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/ahmedabad/10-big-fights-of-gujarat/3/

Does this make sense . I give 1/10 ... WHy is Modi Making Gujarat Interesting fight :( I now dislike him :p

Yes GPP joining BJP is some solance... But Modi seems to make Gujarat Leaderless.... No MP seems to carry his own weight even if 26/26 .. Not Good for Gujarat. Atleast he should given 1 ticket to GPP.

Sir, for the benefit of Mand-Buddhis like me, could you please elaborate a bit more? Algore/Bush/Tennessee in comparison with GPP/MODI/Gujarat is difficult to digest.

kapilrdave
BRFite

Postby kapilrdave » 04 Apr 2014 12:52

chandturakhia wrote:http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/ahmedabad/10-big-fights-of-gujarat/3/

I always suspected but now I know where you come from.
Let me give my opinion on Keshu bapa. He is a moron and he never deserved to rule a progressive state like Gujarat. Shankarsinh Vaghela was right but he was unfortunate. I'm happy all that happened which gave us a rock star like NaMo. Wake up and smell coffee.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 04 Apr 2014 12:56

it seems sher singh rana, an accused in the murder of phoolan devi, escape tihar, went to BD, then to kabul and collected some soil from the samadhi of prithviraj chauhan which he claims to have sent by courier to his contact in UP. its a shame that with friendly relations with karzai govt for a decade+ now, nothing has been done to return his relics to India!!
http://rajputanas.com/tag/sher-singh-ra ... ve-proofs/
The Hindu
Online edition of India's National Newspaper
Tuesday, September 26, 2000
By Our Staff Reporter

NEW DELHI, SEPT. 25. The Samrat Prithviraj Chauhan Foundation today urged the Government to bring back the mortal remains of the Rajput king Prithviraj Chauhan from Afghanistan. While on the issue, the Foundation also demanded that the remains of Rao Tula Ram be brought back to India from Kabul.

Addressing a press conference here, the national convenor of the Foundation, Capt. Vikram Singh, said the grave of Prithviraj Chauhan in Afghanistan was being desecrated. He alleged a shoe was kept next to the grave so that people could hit it in a symbolic gesture to avenge the killing of Mohammad Ghori by Prithviraj Chauhan.

Referring to the efforts made by the country soon after Independence to bring back the mortal remains of the last Mughal emperor, Bahadur Shah Zafar, from Rangoon, Capt. Vikram Singh said similar efforts should be made to secure the mortal remains of Prithviraj Chauhan and Rao Tula Ram.

And to whip up a public sentiment for the return of the mortal remains of these sons of the soil, the Foundation has decided to organise a three-day Rashtriya Gaurav Raksha Mahayagya from October 3 at Neemrana where the descendants of Prithviraj Chauhan live.

Also, Capt. Vikram Singh used the occasion to draw attention to the condition of the descendants of Prithviraj Chauhan. ``They are living in abject poverty for several years so much so that the last Maharaja Rajinder Singh sold the Neemrana Fort for mere Rs. 3 lakhs. It was a distress sale and the Government should intervene to acquire the fort -- which has since been converted into a five-star hotel -- and declare it a national monument.''

SanjayC
BRFite

Postby SanjayC » 04 Apr 2014 13:31

^^^ It's a myth that Prithviraj Chauhan is buried in Afghanistan. I understand that he was killed in the second battle of Tarori and no one knows what happened to his body afterwards.

member_28173
BRFite

Postby member_28173 » 04 Apr 2014 13:57

Sir, for the benefit of Mand-Buddhis like me, could you please elaborate a bit more? Algore/Bush/Tennessee in comparison with GPP/MODI/Gujarat is difficult to digest.[/quote]

Even if you are calling me Mand-Buddhis ; I will answer :)

Should I take it to OT thread ?

Al Gore was Democrat but Talked Internet Revolution in 2000. Bush was typical republican.

Al Gore was sure to win if his Home State TENNESSEE would have Voted for him fully.... It is far too much JARGON for Democrat state to listen to New-century ( internet revolution ) crap and voted for Bush...

Yes.... No one still manages to give convincing answer why AL Gore Lost HOME state. He was so confident of Home state he was only campaigning in SWING states :( There is One theory which states that to be accepted in Larger Democrat community to get ticket ; He forgot what he stood for and was voted for and who voted for him always ........

Expanding the Voter-base and Losing Core Base :(http://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/09/us/the-2000-elections-tennessee-loss-in-home-state-leaves-gore-depending-on-florida.html

This election NO ONE Cares for Core Voters and Core ( Safe ) Contituency ; NO TALK of Ideology ; NO Manifesto. All about SWING seats etc. Only Winnability

As for GPP ::: They seem to talk more Hindutava than Modi

NOTE ::: Recent Opinion Poll says in Gujarat : [color=#BF0040]55% will vote for BJP but 46% want Modi to be PM... THIS Is the only state where Modi 4 PM gets Less votes than BJP[/color]

Average of India is 1.5 times Modi4PM vs NDA votes.
Last edited by member_28173 on 04 Apr 2014 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

member_28539
BRFite

Postby member_28539 » 04 Apr 2014 13:58

In Kolkata's circles though, Barkati is often mocked and dismissed for being an 'opportunist', for being on the side of whoever is in power -– be it the CPM or now the Trinamool -- and even called 'lal-batti imam' for allegedly driving around in a car with red beacon.

From the original article on HT Website... :rotfl:

Better to ignore this sort of scum...its very prevalent in other parts of the country as well
Eg: Go to Ajmer Dargah on friday around evening...open Anti-national speeches could be heard at a small ground behind the place.
Lot of Journos from Local News Papers used to report it in early 90' but now they just tend to avoid.. :roll:

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 04 Apr 2014 14:01

the cobrapost episode also timed to release on Fri - so people can give angry sermons in the afternoon and express their "rage" by rampaging around post prayers.

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Postby IndraD » 04 Apr 2014 14:09

https://twitter.com/vagabondoc/status/4 ... 81/photo/1
Anti Modi articles galore in West media, what makes them think they should decide whom should we vote?

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Postby SaiK » 04 Apr 2014 14:35

SagarAg wrote:[Tamil Nadu (39 / 39): 5 (With BJP+ coalition, the game is opened up. I know at back of my mind that JJ will support NDA after elections)...
This is my conservative prediction. Please do add your valued opinions/suggestions if I have over-predicted any of the states/UT here.

She will only jump if she can't muster her commie friends up to sizeable numbers. she is cunning and never trust her.

==
bjp should bring up muzzaffarnagar now! onlee in india, where DDMs > Supreme courts and rule of law!!!

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 04 Apr 2014 14:50

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/ls-el ... 140404.htm

:rotfl: all I can say is if people living in tough conditions cannot vote for a development plank, they are living in a dream world .... neither the roads and flyovers of modernity nor the hamams and biryanis of old. sure, live in the well and be happy.

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Postby SaiK » 04 Apr 2014 15:21

living in a dream itself a madrassa state of life., especially if the dream is a "day kind".

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 04 Apr 2014 15:30

Meanwhile, congis continue to nurture congi culture of awesome respect and regard for women even as defeat stares at them in the face...

Yoot cong prez and aide arrested for rape+murder+body disposal attempt. cho chweet, no?

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 04 Apr 2014 15:34

Meanwhile, regarding that "na khata hoon na khaane deta hoon" statement of fact by NM.... well, well, rrNDTV was upto its old tricks again...

patel
BRFite

Postby patel » 04 Apr 2014 15:54

kapilrdave wrote:

I always suspected but now I know where you come from.
Let me give my opinion on Keshu bapa. He is a moron and he never deserved to rule a progressive state like Gujarat. Shankarsinh Vaghela was right but he was unfortunate. I'm happy all that happened which gave us a rock star like NaMo. Wake up and smell coffee.

True, though I'm a Patel myself, Keshu bhai had no clue on how to rule or administer, I've been a hardcore anti-castist as long as I can remember, these petty clan/caste based loyalties are for weak-minded individuals in my opinion.

I know Kunal bhai I must've come across as a Keshu bhai ka aadmi to you when I criticized NaMo when we had a discussion about VHP, BD etc. But criticize we must, even our heroes! Keep them in check and focused.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 04 Apr 2014 15:55

Kanchan da is a hoot man. A boorish version of MJ Akbar who can scare the swagger out of any libtard. Sample this:

>>Kanchan Gupta ‏@KanchanGupta 5h
Toffs at home and abroad just can't accept rise of a chaiwala to top office. Mounting despair and desperation among toilet paper classes.

Toilet paper classes.... Lol! That's sharp coinage, dada...

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Postby Chandragupta » 04 Apr 2014 16:11

Indian Muslims will keep waiting for Modi's apology for 2002 while development would pass them by. Forever confined to the ghettos, this is the biggest single community in India that's holding the country back.

kapilrdave
BRFite

Postby kapilrdave » 04 Apr 2014 16:16

patel wrote:True, though I'm a Patel myself, Keshu bhai had no clue on how to rule or administer, I've been a hardcore anti-castist as long as I can remember, these petty clan/caste based loyalties are for weak-minded individuals in my opinion.

Actually patels are not like monolithic muslims. Most of them I know support NM. It is the industrialist lobby of saurashtra dominated by patels who oppose him. IMO they are very short sighted, greedy and opportunist type. They want all the money and power in the world with only their own community. Again I'm talking about only industrialist types. Not mango patels who are sometimes misguided by the richer ones. It was in this context I said to chandturakhia bhai that I know where he comes from.

Moi a true blue saurashtrian having lotsa patel friends.

patel wrote:I know Kunal bhai I must've come across as a Keshu bhai ka aadmi to you when I criticized NaMo when we had a discussion about VHP, BD etc. But criticize we must, even our heroes! Keep them in check and focused.

No no. I did not mistook you. And there is nothing criminal in being Keshu bhai ka aadmi anyways. What you said is a popular belief among VHP/BD propagated by Togadia et al. Some from state level sanghis also joined him so that theory got legitimacy. But today all those sanghis are gone into oblivion. If you have enough insight then you know what I'm talking about.

kish
BRFite

Postby kish » 04 Apr 2014 16:25

Singha wrote:the cobrapost episode also timed to release on Fri - so people can give angry sermons in the afternoon and express their "rage" by rampaging around post prayers.

Nothing is working for CONgress, they timed it for a friday release to whip-up communal passion. But people are already glued to the TV on Shakti mill gang rape case & the death sentence verdict.

So, the cobrapost sting turned-out non venomous.

sum
BRF Oldie

Postby sum » 04 Apr 2014 16:26

Chandragupta wrote:Indian Muslims will keep waiting for Modi's apology for 2002 while development would pass them by. Forever confined to the ghettos, this is the biggest single community in India that's holding the country back.

^^ +1

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Postby RajeshA » 04 Apr 2014 16:36

BJP should promise the Muslims in BJP Manifesto an apology from NaMo for 2002 as soon as the Ram Mandir has been built.

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Postby SwamyG » 04 Apr 2014 16:45

SaiK wrote:
SagarAg wrote:[Tamil Nadu (39 / 39): 5 (With BJP+ coalition, the game is opened up. I know at back of my mind that JJ will support NDA after elections)...
This is my conservative prediction. Please do add your valued opinions/suggestions if I have over-predicted any of the states/UT here.

She will only jump if she can't muster her commie friends up to sizeable numbers. she is cunning and never trust her.

==
bjp should bring up muzzaffarnagar now! onlee in india, where DDMs > Supreme courts and rule of law!!!

Yes, JJ is not dependable. However, Modi has not spoken against her yet. And JJ has not spoken anything directly against Modi. Looking at the way Congress goose being cooked, and if the Bihar, UP, WB and Odisha regional parties fare badly she'd has no option but to go NDA way.

prahaar
BRF Oldie

Postby prahaar » 04 Apr 2014 16:50

chandturakhia wrote:Sir, for the benefit of Mand-Buddhis like me, could you please elaborate a bit more? Algore/Bush/Tennessee in comparison with GPP/MODI/Gujarat is difficult to digest.

Even if you are calling me Mand-Buddhis ; I will answer :)

[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation. Very pertinent point, but you forgot to mention that GPP was absorbed into BJP, so your concern about GPP not entirely correct.

How did you manage to attach Mand-Buddhi for yourself, it was quite clear, it referred to myself. I am not that Mand-Buddhi to call anyone that.

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Postby SaiK » 04 Apr 2014 16:53

mr gin.. amma will only succumb to number games. if aap gets some numbers in TN, then i'd only blame bjp as a party. they just lack organization to realize the support.

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Postby krishnan » 04 Apr 2014 17:18

for the first time i am seeing bjp flags here in chennai

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Postby RajeshA » 04 Apr 2014 17:23

SaiK wrote:mr gin.. amma will only succumb to number games. if aap gets some numbers in TN, then i'd only blame bjp as a party. they just lack organization to realize the support.

The only AAP candidate of note in Tamil Nadu is SP Udayakumar, of the anti-nuclear fame, and he is standing from Kanyakumari and he goes head to head with Pon Radhakrishnan, the BJP candidate, who will be getting the DMDK votes as well and was one of the architects of the TN NDA alliance.

Moreover TN is already a very crowded field with AIADMK, DMK+, NDA, Congress, Left Front.

So I don't understand where a suggestion of AAP getting not just "A seat" but "SOME numbers" comes from?

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Postby krishnan » 04 Apr 2014 17:25

everywhere its a 3-4 way fight, AAP will not win a single seat

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 04 Apr 2014 17:27

DeshGujarat ‏@DeshGujarat 4h

In another development, Teesta's plea to quash FIR against her, rejected by Bombay High Court

ravi_shankar
BRFite -Trainee

Postby ravi_shankar » 04 Apr 2014 17:40

what poetic irony would it be if this thread ends at 786 pages on May 16..:)

gandharva
BRF Oldie

Postby gandharva » 04 Apr 2014 18:15

Return to “BR Nostalgia Archive”