Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

SRoy
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by SRoy »

^^

Victor,

VK is not a brown sahib.

Arjun MBT saga is a remainder what the brown sahibs think. Similar stories for all major indigenous weapon systems.
Such jokers are there in IAF as well.
Heard from a IAF chap "LCA is assembled with phoren parts only. Lets not fool ourselves, its no different from HAL assembled Russian birds".

Complex systems don't get built as you wish in the one go, it takes iterations.
If its is too difficult for an armoured corp officer to understand, then govt. should change qualification requirements for entry and bar BA pass graduates (apologies to BRFItes) from the Army.
Navy could setup a shipwright school and staff it with officers to work with vessel design, which is much complex than a tank. What has the Army done?
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

SRoy, this is OT here but it doesn't help to bash the forces at at time like this. I know what you are saying and support indiagenization 100% but it is the govt's job to look after defence production, not the forces'. If the army/airforce say "no" to a bad gun, jet or tank, the govt should have the b@lls to take full responsibility and tell them to shove it and fight with what we have.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Victor, yup its OT :).
If critical observations appears like bashing, then good luck to the forces. Be content with 14 day shooting matches and call for UN ceasefire before we with run out of ammo.

For long drawn out WW type matches we will have to do with people's militia I guess.

It's govt. job to look after defense production, true. What about design? Only civilian scientists and engineers? If yes, someone should tell the Navy to close its shipwright school.
Luit
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Luit »

edited
Last edited by Luit on 08 Apr 2014 16:17, edited 2 times in total.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

VK Singh by virtue of his background may focus more on Jawan's welfare and operational aspects like getting the army ready for war, improving ammunition availability etc.

Not sure about if he will give the same priority to getting Desi maal inducted into the armed forces. Maybe he can come as Min of state of defence to learn the ropes while cabinet rank be given to a more experienced politician. Def, Finance, Home, and foerign ministries are the quartets to be given after much thought and deliberations. BJP has a serious talent shortage for Def, Foreign and Finance cabinet positions....Advani can always take Home ministry. Jaitley was commerce min in ABV govt, remember him quipping about exporting mangoes to China.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

I think defence production and self sufficiency is one of the manifesto item (saw it somewhere). So, thrust must be there. Large complex systems (ironically missile systems seem to be on track already) maybe need long term effort, but the process must start with small fire arms at least. It embarrassing to see the govt. shopping abroad for rifles.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

imo producing on mass scale these common items like rifles, pistols, shells, ammo has its own challenges vs low volume items like missiles or space rockets. the overall precision manufacturing culture of a country need to be leveraged instead of just a single entity like OFB which is relatively isolated on the global flows of manufacturing technology.

the likes of titan(tata owned) and other machine tool and precision aerospace grade parts makers like godrej, wipro , maini aerospace etc are the best bets imo.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Mother of all CT:
Posters here keep talking about Color revolution and Tahir square type moment and funding by foreign EJ's,Malasi and other sources to bring in this colored revolution.
What if the color revolution is here and no one has observed that the color of revolution is saffron?
What if like reverse jinx, to create the conditions for the revolution, all these anti-Hindu/India forces created situation where ordinary Indian was fed up with the current political and social system but instead of some pliant villager, Hidimba suddenly is facing Maharathi Bhimsen "the mythological sun of Vayudev" himself.
The environment for revolution was there with Anna Hazare fasting, Congress Govt completely clueless and barbaric and ordinary Indian cheering AH up across India and govt of the day bashed up by all and sundry and the Juggernaut of revolution started but instead what we are seeing is Indic revival and battle to reclaim the soul of India. This was not the force that Anti_indics were planning to unleash hence all the Khujli.
Whether Modi ji wins or not, whether he is PM of India or not or whether he is able to implement all that Jingos (Including me) wants or not, The flood gates have been opened.
The fort called Delhi sultanate has been breached. The queen is bleeding and sharks can smell the blood.
The next Modi will be far more capable and Indic than current one just like previous avatar of NaMo (also known as Sh Vajpayee) was less jingoistic and more in synch with Luytens Delhi.

"The Hordes, The Hordes"

~ Har Baar, Modi Sarkaar~
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

RamaY wrote:^ Be assertive & UN-apologetic. People will come around.
:D
Jo Arre So Charre !!
Hum Bande Siddhe Saddey
Bole Kharre Kharre
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

In recent Open Mike session held by Sagarika Ghose from CNN-IBN in Meerut, there was a on camera physical fight between SP supporters and Modi supporters.

From the clip it was not clear to me as to what specific comment/point led to physical altercation between the two groups. One can clearly see & hear a lady saying that these are SP supporters who resort to gundaism (beating others) when they cannot answer questions.

What is surprising is that they were young regular crowd there & some grown ups (middle aged). Didn't see any goonda (goon) looking type from whom things like this can be expected.

Modi supporters, detractors clash during CNN-IBN show 'Open Mike'

When the full video comes out would like to see if Sagarika cleverly ignited passion. Wondering if EC model code of conduct does apply to journalist covering polls or not ?
Last edited by Sumeet on 08 Apr 2014 10:39, edited 2 times in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

matrimc wrote:
disha wrote:Austria is moving towards vegetarianism big time and there is a backlash against vegetarianism since several of dishes which defines Austria itself will be endangered. Or is it that it puts their "nanny state" into disuse?
I have been lurking on this site for sometime now but the above post prompted me to post.

It is very difficult to be a vegetarian in most Germanic countries including Switzerland and Austria.
I am living in Switzerland since 1981 and even in those days vegetables were available in abundance although not the variety we have in India. It was slightly more difficult to get vegetarian food in restaurants (except for pizza and pasta) but this is not the case anymore. Now most restaurants serve vegetarian stuff as well, so much so that even office canteens have one vegetarian dish on their menu. I have had no problems when travelling to Germany and Austria either. One has difficulty in finding vegetarian food in France, Spain and Portugal. In fact, whereas McDonalds and BurgerKing have a vegetarian burger in Switzerland, Germany and Austria, this is not the case for France. I am not sure about Spain and Portugal.

Not wanting to deviate from the topic, I am a die-hard supporter of Mr. Modi and believe he will bring to us a developed and vibrant India. I am an atheist but have no problem saying Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi. I have even managed to make my husband, an apolitical but religious person, to become a Modi fan by making him listen to his speeches and interviews. It is a pity that NRIs cannot vote.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

muraliravi wrote:
viv wrote:
nope! I and many know the truth of what happened but there is a form of discourse in the country that in Bharat/India in the current times. It is silly to use terms of namard, or suggest reconversion and generally form a 'they' against a large section of fellow citizens. One can object to subsidies or reservations without resorting to such rhetoric,
So you are implying it is wrong for hindus to reconvert muslims back to hindusim?? or are you saying it wrong for hindus to reconvert muslims through emoluments??
Neither...if one is willing that is good, but to imply that as a condition will not bring the results you want. One can disseminate what happened, how it happened, and current status without implying a 'us' vs 'them' on the current citizens. This does not mean the wrongdoers in current times - the seditionists, terrorists etc. - are not to be hunted and punished.

faik, Modi has done just that - he carries all the citizens in Gujarat without creating an us vs them. This thread has spent so much time advertising Modinama - it gives the same message. It is not 'us' vs 'them' - that way one will loose.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

No alliance with BJP at any cost, says Naveen Patnaik

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/no-a ... 53501.html
"We are very happy with the preparations and we will give a clean and transparent government at the state and a lot of MP's in the centre. There is no Modi wave in the state and we will prove it," says Naveen Patnaik.

Maintaining equal distance from Congress-led UPA and BJP-led NDA, the Odisha CM says, "We will be equidistant from BJP and Congress. There is no question of joining NDA even if they do not have Modi as PM candidate."
I'm very happy to hear this. Hopefully, BJD's costly support won't be needed post poll. Odisha (and the rest of the eastern seaboard - TN, WB, AP) represents an attractive greenfield option for the lotus to grow in for 2019. Hopefully the pre-poll NDA will cross 272, else the addition of a few independents and pipsqueak parties can do the job. Strict no-no to jaya, mamta and naveen - future growth can only come at their expense and I'd rather NM next time take them head-on.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

viv wrote:
faik, Modi has done just that - he carries all the citizens in Gujarat without creating an us vs them. This thread has spent so much time advertising Modinama - it gives the same message. It is not 'us' vs 'them' - that way one will loose.
We are not doing " Us vs Them ". It has been ordained in Quran itself along with other islamic scriptures. Wonder why you are blaming us BRFites for creating this. If you have so much conviction in opposing " Us vs Them ", then go to some Islamic locality and start pointing out the Quranic clauses which promote this "us vs them" mindset.
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

I...................... I am a die-hard supporter of Mr. Modi and believe he will bring to us a developed and vibrant India. I am an atheist but have no problem saying Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi. I have even managed to make my husband, an apolitical but religious person, to become a Modi fan by making him listen to his speeches and interviews. It is a pity that NRIs cannot vote.
Shamlee, welcome to Bharat Rakshak!!
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

darshhan wrote:
viv wrote:
We are not doing " Us vs Them ". It has been ordained in Quran itself along with other islamic scriptures. Wonder why you are blaming us BRFites for creating this. If you have so much conviction in opposing " Us vs Them ", then go to some Islamic locality and start pointing out the Quranic clauses which promote this "us vs them" mindset.
How does it become BRFites? :)...some on the forum for sure are proposing that - like you seem to be. Do you know for sure that all Indian citizens of Muslim faith fall under 'us vs them'?What about Christians or so called "non-Indic" faiths? So please cut that method out and re-read Modinama.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

manju wrote:

I...................... I am a die-hard supporter of Mr. Modi and believe he will bring to us a developed and vibrant India. I am an atheist but have no problem saying Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi. I have even managed to make my husband, an apolitical but religious person, to become a Modi fan by making him listen to his speeches and interviews. It is a pity that NRIs cannot vote.
Shamlee, welcome to Bharat Rakshak!!
Thank you. Actually I was a member of BR way back in 2002-2004 under a different user name, but after the defeat of BJP decided to take a break and what a break it turned out to be!
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

I hope you dont take another break after May 16th
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

I wonder if in the future, when prokistan is even more of a hellhole (a truly stateless state like somalia) and India is much more prosperous, if there will be hardcore Hindu missionaries inside porkistan cleansing the locals of the filth they call religion and sending them back to India as reborn Hindus. Of course, we must keep an eye on them, make them behave, and a couple of generations later they will be completely clean.
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

Gruezi Shamlee, wilkommen bei Bharat Rakshak. Letze Jahre war ich in der Schweiz, und hoeffe ich das Modi macht Indien wie die Schweiz! Pardon my broken German but one of the things that I found very attractive about Switzerland was the quality of life that the local government has ensured for its Mango People! I hope Modi can replicate it in India in the coming years.
member_28173
BRFite

Post by member_28173 »

http://www.hindustantimes.com/elections ... 05460.aspx

The BJP juggernaut is rolling, crushing all opposition in Gujarat to realise PM candidate Narendra Modi’s dream of sweeping away all the 26 seats in the state.

File photo of former Gujarat chief minister Shankersinh Vaghela.
But a handful of Congress men — Bharat Solanki from Anand, Shankersinh Vaghela from Sabarkantha and Prabha Taviyad from the reserved tribal seat of Dahod are prominent among them — are still making last-ditch efforts to stop the Modi onslaught on their turfs.

The BJP state general secretary Vijay Rupani said, “Our focus is to win all the 26 seats in Gujarat. So, we have concentrated our energy on defeating Congress leaders, such as Solanki, Vaghela and Union ministers Tushar Chaudhary and Dinsha Patel, who have been winning consecutively.”

Union minister Solanki, a two-time MP, is son of former chief minister Madhavsinh Solanki. His parliamentary seat Anand in central Gujarat is considered to be a pocket borough of the Solankis — his maternal grandfather, Ishwarsinh Chavda, represented it in Parliament for five times.

The BJP, which has managed to win from Anand only once in 1999, has fielded assembly member Dilip Patel, a powerful local politician who was earlier a minister in the Keshubhai government.

Dominated by the OBCs and Kshatriyas, Anand is considered to be the “safest” seat for the Congress in Gujarat.

Another Congress leader, who has so far managed to resist the Modi onslaught, is former BJP leader Shankersinh Vaghela, now leader of the opposition in the assembly. He is contesting from north Gujarat’s Sabarkantha constituency.

Vaghela is hoping to survive this battle too, considering that it was in Sabarkantha that the Congress recorded its best performance in the last assembly polls. It won six of the seven assembly seats in the parliamentary constituency.

A local BJP leader said on condition of anonymity: “Sabarkantha will be tough with Vaghela in the fray. He is popular among the Kshatriya and OBC communities, while a sizeable chunk of Muslim votes will go his way.” He said the BJP candidate, Deepsinh Rathod, didn’t have the stature to face former CM and Union minister Vaghela in Sabarkantha.

Another seat that may disappoint Modi this time is Dahod, reserved for scheduled tribes. The BJP will find the going tough against sitting MP Prabha Taviyad. For, Dahod has been a Congress bastion for decades.

The BJP had won Dahod only once in 2004, but its then MP, Babulal Katara, was caught in a human trafficking case at Delhi airport, damaging the clout the saffron party had built in the region. In the last Lok Sabha polls, the Congress easily regained Dahod. This time, the BJP is making a determined attempt to wrest the seat from the Congress, fielding Jaswantsinh Bhabhor. But BJP leaders are yet not sure of victory in Dahod.

A BJP leader working in Dahod said, “We are putting in our best efforts, but the Congress has a strong clout in the tribal and Muslim pockets in the area.”

===============

What I interested in ---- Will these Congress candidates talk of Sonia/ INC or they talk about their achievements , their personal Vote bank ?
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

chaanakya wrote:ok a little bit from me. Reading Modi, Muslim and Media by Madhu Kishwar. I would suggest everyone to read it. Once you start reading, you may not stop till the end. I am at ch-10.
NaMo comes out as a Genuine reformer with principle of Samrasta and not the Muslim Baiter that is portrayed. His agenda is inclusive growth , according to the book, and has achieved wonders. Most of my feedback from Gujarat is validated. He does not claim that administration does not need reform and that it is free from corruption. He strives to make it so. Some anecdots are very emotional and moving. Reflects true empathy with the poor.
He reflects what is quintessentially Bharat. Most of the people here are convinced that he is the Man of the Hour. I think after reading this book , except "conflict entrepreneurs", rabid NaMo haters and utter ignorant would only stay unchanged.
He inspires.
For those who are on the fence
Amul Ka Ghee aur Mishti Dahi
Abki bar Modi hi Sahi.

Two things I learnt from Modinama.
-There are Arab muslims in Gujarat who seem to have had no problems so far since 2002. No harassment, no persecution, rather better govt services to help their busineses grow. Hunky dory.
-The farther Muslims are from Gujarat , greater the likelihood of (irrational) fear & hatred for Modi.

The latter must and must be blamed on the compromised and anti-national media.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

viv wrote: How does it become BRFites? :)...some on the forum for sure are proposing that - like you seem to be. Do you know for sure that all Indian citizens of Muslim faith fall under 'us vs them'?What about Christians or so called "non-Indic" faiths? So please cut that method out and re-read Modinama.
This sure is getting interesting. You are preaching to us ignorant kids that we should abandon "Us vs Them" thinking. However you have never said anything about Quran, a book whose basis itself is "Us vs Them". Till now you have never castigated Muhammad who lived his whole life on this Us vs Them code. So God has definitely given you the capability for extreme selective cherry picking.

And then you talk about Indian Citizens of Muslim faith. Well guess what. Any true and practicing muslim(Indian or otherwise) is bound to follow Quran and other islamic scriptures. Till now I have never seen any Indian muslim citizen even admitting that the clauses written in Quran are highly offensive to non muslims.

So a Kind request to you. Please do not put the sole onus of getting over this "Us vs Them" mindset on Hindus only. First go and change Islam and Quran. Till then we are not interested in any of your preachy lectures.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

darshhan wrote:This sure is getting interesting. You are preaching to us ignorant kids that we should abandon "Us vs Them" thinking. However you have never said anything about Quran, a book whose basis itself is "Us vs Them". Till now you have never castigated Muhammad who lived his whole life on this Us vs Them code. So God has definitely given you the capability for extreme selective cherry picking.
It is a common habit for do-gooders to preach to the victims (kaffirs) the virtues of tolerance and equality when the poor creatures risk getting slaughtered from Muslims who practice intolerance and claim superiority as the only true faith. However, the do-gooders steer clear of any kind of preaching to Muslims about the benefits of tolerance. This is called barking up the wrong tree. It is like preaching the virtues of virginity to a rape victim. The India media is doing this drama all the time by accusing Hindu leaders of "fascism" as they take care not to mention the name of Muslim leaders who openly talk about establishing Sharia in India.

Do Hindus say "Our God is true, your God if false" or is it Muslims who say it? Then why the preaching to Hindus and not to the Miuslims?
Last edited by SanjayC on 08 Apr 2014 11:49, edited 2 times in total.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

suryag wrote:I hope you dont take another break after May 16th
If Modi does not become the PM, I just might go into hibernation. Imagine the state of Indian economy which is already in doldrums if any other party/coalition comes to power. Imagine the jubiliation from our MSM, the Congis and the left-wingers! Gives me the jitters even to think of it.

From my entourage, I know of 3 who are AAPtards, two of whom would never have voted for Modi or BJP anyway because of their left-leanings and so called "secular" views. The third would have voted for BJP but now is promoting AAP, possibly because he is an ex IITian from Kharagpur. Everybody else is very much pro-BJP and pro-Modi.

I am a Marathi from Mumbai and so are most of my relatives and friends. My concern is how would Shivsena fare in these elections! They don't seem to be very popular with the upper middle class who consider them goondas and extortionists. I am not a fan of Shiv Sena myself.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

saumitra_j wrote:Gruezi Shamlee, wilkommen bei Bharat Rakshak. Letze Jahre war ich in der Schweiz, und hoeffe ich das Modi macht Indien wie die Schweiz! Pardon my broken German but one of the things that I found very attractive about Switzerland was the quality of life that the local government has ensured for its Mango People! I hope Modi can replicate it in India in the coming years.
switzerland has been the home of worlds looted money and treasures. they have no questions asked and take a % fee for custodianship. you can even get swiss residency if you bring in enough money and each district has separate rules and officials for that.
so with that kind of perpetual revenue stream they can afford to be chi chi.

not to say they dont work hard or smart...they are big power in pharma, precision manufacturing, tourism, electrical gear....
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

darshhan wrote:
viv wrote: How does it become BRFites? :)...some on the forum for sure are proposing that - like you seem to be. Do you know for sure that all Indian citizens of Muslim faith fall under 'us vs them'?What about Christians or so called "non-Indic" faiths? So please cut that method out and re-read Modinama.
This sure is getting interesting. You are preaching to us ignorant kids that we should abandon "Us vs Them" thinking. However you have never said anything about Quran, a book whose basis itself is "Us vs Them". Till now you have never castigated Muhammad who lived his whole life on this Us vs Them code. So God has definitely given you the capability for extreme selective cherry picking.

And then you talk about Indian Citizens of Muslim faith. Well guess what. Any true and practicing muslim(Indian or otherwise) is bound to follow Quran and other islamic scriptures. Till now I have never seen any Indian muslim citizen even admitting that the clauses written in Quran are highly offensive to non muslims.

So a Kind request to you. Please do not put the sole onus of getting over this "Us vs Them" mindset on Hindus only. First go and change Islam and Quran. Till then we are not interested in any of your preachy lectures.

How does it become Hindus? :) I only pointed out that you are falling for 'us vs them' - the same thing the divisives want. Your 'them' is non-Indic faiths - and I'm saying that way one looses. It needs to be Indians vs fanatics/seditionists and terrorists. It is quite simple message. The Indians of course can have any faith they desire. Frankly, that is the message from Modi too. See Neela or Chanakya's comments a few posts back or re-read Modi-nama.

anyway, you can continue with your thoughts. I think the future governance (and I expect it to be Modi-sarakar) will follow the same constructive path they have followed in Gujarat - and not a divisive one.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

gandharva wrote:Modi Aane wala hai!

Most likely to campaign for her Husband in UP.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Vamsee wrote:I am having this discussion on Twitter regarding BJP manifesto item of providing asylum to persecuted Hindus anywhere. How exactly do we sell this issue to people who are conditioned to do all religions equal-equal?

Some tweets:
What is the best & politically correct reply to - "How can you call for deporting illegal BD Muslims but ask for asylum to BD/Pak Hindus"?
2. If we say because Hindu's are persecuted over there, "What about Muslims" persecuted ( eg. rohingya?)" - How will you reply?

1. @unknowncorner It can not be answered satisfactorily with out explicitly stating priority/primacy of Indic faiths. @sarkar_swati
2. @unknowncorner Is there any other politically correct answer? That is what I am trying to explore on my TL @sarkar_swati

@amz360 What if Shia is persecuted in Pak and wants asylum in India? Or baloch? What is the answer? Why only Pak Hindus?

@Vamsee9002 rohingya's being muslims, ownership lies with 2 muslim nations
@tataiermail In other words India discriminates between Indic & Abrahamic faiths. Does this fly in Nehruvian India? Is India Hindu nation?

@Vamsee9002 @unknowncorner @sarkar_swati YES!! Asylum is a privilege and not a right. The government of the day is free to choose claimants.
@notramcguha But what "logic" do you sell to India? Do you explicitly say that we differentiate between Indic & Abrahamic religions ? @unknowncorner @sarkar_swati

1.@notramcguha I am not asking to satisfy myself :-) I am asking how this policy can be effectively "sold" in "secular" India which treats Indic & non-Indic religions equally :-)
Debates and brainstorming over a simplistic issue are generally useless. The more you try to justify it the more the opposition gets legitimacy. Just say Bharat is a natural (and only) home for all Hindus of entire world. Hindus are the identity of Bharat as they have been since the time immemorial. If they feel oppressed they are always welcome to their sweet home. Bharat is a torchbearer of Hinduism only, not any other religion. Hindus of India - even if they think of them as being atheists - will understand this nuance very easily. No need to be apologetic about it. In fact more the p-sec tv debaters oppose this position, the more they will draw the disgust for themselves.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

‘NaMo Balm’ to relieve your pain :D
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/new ... 882974.ece
NaMo online store sells Modi-branded products to spread his message
A group of enthusiastic supporters of Bhartiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has launched a multi-purpose pain relieving balm — a metaphoric representation of Modi’s ability to overcome the ‘woes’ of the people.

Seen as a subtle way to spread the BJP leader’s message among the masses, The Namo Balm is a latest offering by the online Modi merchandise portal, the NaMo Store. The FDA-approved NaMo Balm is available at over 1,000 medical stores in 75 cities in 12 States, beside the online platform.

Manish Saini, The NaMo Store spokesperson, said, “The balm is a multi-purpose medicinal product for body ache, headache, cold and nasal congestion, and this metaphorically represents the quality of Narendra Modi where he is the answer to all the woes of the country.”

The NaMo balm, manufactured by Bhavnagar-based Goran Pharma Private Ltd, is also in high demand in overseas markets, where Modi has a huge fan base. According to Saini, inquiries are coming from South-East nations such as Singapore.

The NaMo store, an online merchandise portal that sells NaMo-branded products, offers products inspired by the lifestyle and values of Narendra Modi.

“People are not just buying the product but also endorsing the idea of Nation First, a vision of Narendra Modi and our inspiration for the store,” added Saini. A collaborative effort of a group of volunteers, the NaMo store has touched the sale of over ₹20 lakh since its launch in 2012
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

AAP has clones far too many
Rakhi Sawant recently announced the formation of Rashtriya Aam Party and is standing for election in Mumbai north-west constituency.
NEW DELHI: Imitation is the best form of flattery and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has more than its share of clones. In the months before the Delhi assembly elections, splinter groups from AAP formed political outfits like Gareeb Aadmi Party (GAP) and Bharatiya Aam Aadmi Party (BAAP). Now this has spread across the country to states like Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Odisha.

Rakhi Sawant recently announced the formation of Rashtriya Aam Party and is standing for election in Mumbai north-west constituency. Among the more serious contenders is Aama Odisha Party, floated by former Congress MP from Odisha Soumya Ranjan Patnaik. Patnaik, son-in-law of former Assam governor J B Patnaik, has been vocal on issues like corruption and the mining scam in the state echoing the stand taken by AAP at the national and local levels.

Jharkhand boasts of Aapka Hamara Party, registered in October 2013. Its founder and national president Sanjeet Lal professes that the party is against the exploitation and suppression of the weaker sections of the society and plans to bring about social and economic change. Uttar Pradesh has the Aam Janata Party while Maharashtra plays host to Hamari Apni Party.

Established by disgruntled AAP members, GAP has an agenda that appears to be a photocopy of AAP. The issues it has prioritised include Jan Lokpal, Right to Recall, Right to Reject and political decentralization with an additional issue of an alcohol-free nation. These parties, except for BAAP, registered with the Election Commission as unrecognized parties between 2013-2014.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^AAP, GAP, BAAP................. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:, what did AAPtards think, that they will keep their fraud to themselves as copyright or something?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Pak/BD were created specifically on the assumption that muslims will be persecuted in India. I don't see any reason to take in those that left India for vague reasons. When in they will vote in for breaking India again.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

saumitra_j wrote:Gruezi Shamlee, wilkommen bei Bharat Rakshak. Letze Jahre war ich in der Schweiz, und hoeffe ich das Modi macht Indien wie die Schweiz! Pardon my broken German but one of the things that I found very attractive about Switzerland was the quality of life that the local government has ensured for its Mango People! I hope Modi can replicate it in India in the coming years.
Sorry Saumitraji. I live in Geneva i.e. the Swiss French part and as such not knowledgeable about German. I understood the welcome bit but not the rest.

Of course the quality of life is great in Switzerland but despite being here for the last 33 years I don't consider it my country and therefore still holding on to my Indian passport. I don't see a point taking the nationality of a country that I don't feel loyal to. For Modi to achieve the same standards for India that Switzerland has achieved is next to impossible, at least not in the next 20 years. Basically, we Indians need to change our mindsets to come close to Western countries. We blindly follow Western music and their clothes but not their discipline. One more thing that Indians need to learn is respect: towards human beings, animals and environment.

One thing I noticed in the AAP manifesto that was missing (maybe I missed it) in the BJP one is the humane treatment of animals. As Gandhi once said "The greatness of a country can be judged by the way it treats its animals."
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^I think as a culture and civilization, at baseline we are more humane towards animals and other humans than westerners. The way they treated both (slavery) at our present stage of economic, social and educational development is for all to see. The life of westerners previous to the Industrial and even during the Industrial age (not the rich, but the vast majority) was nothing better than what we see for the worst off in India today. I can say with confidence that when we have the kind of money, education and social development that the swiss have, we would be far more humane and animal friendly than they are at present.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>> "The greatness of a country can be judged by the way it treats its animals."

and by that yardstick the West is bottom of the heap. they have pioneered the popularity of meat heavy diets and industrial scale meat and poultry farming using methods of rearing very unhealthy for the animals. our per capita consumption of meat is perhaps 5% of the west. we commoners also do not kill animals for sport to "keep alive great traditions of hunting" unlike in parts of the West like the famous british fox hunts and american kids hunting as a "rite of passage with their dads"
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

Do any of you follow Mahesh Murthy on Facebook? He is regularly posting anti-modi, pro AAP messages on his wall from last two weeks or so. These posts include long rants on "Ambani connection", "Gujarat riots" and "Gujarat Development". All of these posts have the same decade old propaganda, presented in a "seemingly logical" manner. Posting the links here just FYI

[Links deleted]
Last edited by rohitv on 08 Apr 2014 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

kapilrdave wrote: Debates and brainstorming over a simplistic issue are generally useless. The more you try to justify it the more the opposition gets legitimacy. Just say Bharat is a natural (and only) home for all Hindus of entire world. Hindus are the identity of Bharat as they have been since the time immemorial. If they feel oppressed they are always welcome to their sweet home. Bharat is a torchbearer of Hinduism only, not any other religion. Hindus of India - even if they think of them as being atheists - will understand this nuance very easily. No need to be apologetic about it. In fact more the p-sec tv debaters oppose this position, the more they will draw the disgust for themselves.
True.

a) Just because the state is secular does not mean a country loses its civilizational moorings or is forced to become apologetic about its cultural underpinnings. Bhaarath is immersed in Hindhuism. Every region, language, literature, movement,...etc has taken direct or indirect inspiration from Hindhuism. If Hindhuism is removed, there is no Bhaarathiya culture or civilization.

b) Bhaarath is one of rare Hindhu majority countries in the world. So, Hindhu people need to be accommodated in Bhaarath whenever they are persecuted anywhere in the world. On the other hand, people of other religions can relocate to any other country in the world because they have demographic advantage in most of the world. Having said that, Hindhus of Bhaarath have a history of giving refuge to almost all persecuted communities whether they be parsis or syrian christians or any others. So, Hindhus of Bhaarath have given refuge to people of any faiths when they were persecuted.
Shamlee wrote: Sorry Saumitraji. I live in Geneva i.e. the Swiss French part and as such not knowledgeable about German. I understood the welcome bit but not the rest.

Of course the quality of life is great in Switzerland but despite being here for the last 33 years I don't consider it my country and therefore still holding on to my Indian passport. I don't see a point taking the nationality of a country that I don't feel loyal to. For Modi to achieve the same standards for India that Switzerland has achieved is next to impossible, at least not in the next 20 years. Basically, we Indians need to change our mindsets to come close to Western countries. We blindly follow Western music and their clothes but not their discipline. One more thing that Indians need to learn is respect: towards human beings, animals and environment.

One thing I noticed in the AAP manifesto that was missing (maybe I missed it) in the BJP one is the humane treatment of animals. As Gandhi once said "The greatness of a country can be judged by the way it treats its animals."
Bhaarathiyas have to learn about compassion for animals from besterners? I don't think so. Discipline, one can agree on that. But not, compassion for animals. Even on discipline, it is due to relative affluence due to colonialism. Before that, the besterners were neither disciplined nor clean. Given that track record, whenever the colonial loot will vanish, people will go back to their original situation.

There seems to be something strange about Zwiss. Many international orgs seem to have HQ there. And that country seems to have influence far exceeding its size or economy or any other factor. Something does not seem to add up.
Neela wrote:
chaanakya wrote:ok a little bit from me. Reading Modi, Muslim and Media by Madhu Kishwar. I would suggest everyone to read it. Once you start reading, you may not stop till the end. I am at ch-10.
NaMo comes out as a Genuine reformer with principle of Samrasta and not the Muslim Baiter that is portrayed. His agenda is inclusive growth , according to the book, and has achieved wonders. Most of my feedback from Gujarat is validated. He does not claim that administration does not need reform and that it is free from corruption. He strives to make it so. Some anecdots are very emotional and moving. Reflects true empathy with the poor.
He reflects what is quintessentially Bharat. Most of the people here are convinced that he is the Man of the Hour. I think after reading this book , except "conflict entrepreneurs", rabid NaMo haters and utter ignorant would only stay unchanged.
He inspires.
For those who are on the fence
Amul Ka Ghee aur Mishti Dahi
Abki bar Modi hi Sahi.

Two things I learnt from Modinama.
-There are Arab muslims in Gujarat who seem to have had no problems so far since 2002. No harassment, no persecution, rather better govt services to help their busineses grow. Hunky dory.
-The farther Muslims are from Gujarat , greater the likelihood of (irrational) fear & hatred for Modi.

The latter must and must be blamed on the compromised and anti-national media.

I think this whole debate of 'who has done more for mujlims?' or 'what have you done for mujlims?' is just wrong. The basic premise of this discussion is wrong. If the idea is secularism, then why bring up religious affiliations at all. If the premise is what was done for mujlims, then why only for mujlims? Why should others worry about what is done for mujlims? What was done for Hindhus?

I am making this point after being disgusted by the MSM and its attitude of talking as if only mujlims live in Bhaarath. All the time, they talk only in terms of 'what will mujlims say', 'will mujlims approve of it', ...etc.

And all the same MSM was going mad when Raam Mandhir was mentioned as if someone talked about building a temple Saudi Arabia.

----
:(( :(( :(( I just noticed after typing that most of what I said is already said by others. I could have as well not typed at all. :(( :(( :((
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

Rohitv :

Last edited by nawabs on 08 Apr 2014 14:35, edited 1 time in total.