Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Pratyush
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8480
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 15:13

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Pratyush » 10 Apr 2014 13:47

Gentlemen, I am not so confident of a Modi victory. Based on my interactons over the past few days, I have observed massive digree of ambivalence towards Modi. This will cause a lot of votes to be wasted. The worst part is that they are convinced that nothing will change.

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3469
Joined: 07 Dec 2008 15:26
Location: Kingdom of My Fair Lady

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Chandragupta » 10 Apr 2014 13:50

You can't help it. Nobody can. Country will get the leadership that the majority votes for. If we make a bad decision, 200 years down the line when Hindus are an under siege minority somewhere in Gujarat or central India, our descendants will look back at these 15 years & curse.

dhruvM
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 97
Joined: 20 Jul 2009 18:19
Location: Kolkata, WB

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby dhruvM » 10 Apr 2014 14:05

Sir, धैर्य रखो.. This gonna be a contrived battle of attrition in the trenches. Anti-jinx chants will come later.

Meanwhile here's what I did -

1. Make a list of all your FB and phone contacts living in the constituencies going to poll today.
2. Calling them (done with 10 of 22) to cajole the lazy and threaten the meek into voting. Will keep calling till 5 PM atleast..
3. Convince other faithfuls to do the same (make lists and remind all your contacts/relatives to go vote). Can't expect things to fall into place automatically. Can we?

ex-GHQ lives in Delhi but never bothered to enroll with EC. :(

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3469
Joined: 07 Dec 2008 15:26
Location: Kingdom of My Fair Lady

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Chandragupta » 10 Apr 2014 14:08

Modi's brother Prahlad Modi on Zee News right now, royally trolled by the anchor & getting frustrated, making Advani-esque sounds. Is he anti-Modi?

Yogi_G
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2400
Joined: 21 Nov 2008 04:10
Location: Punya Bhoomi -- Jambu Dweepam

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Yogi_G » 10 Apr 2014 14:12

Chandragupta rallies. The entire force of the greatest empire the world will ever see readies itself to cleanse the Punya and Karma Bhoomi of its inhabitants off the mleccha influence. Seleucus fears the worst, the wise Kautilya, the greatest intellectual force ever on this planet has planned against him. Nothing will stand against his genius mind let alone a mleccha king of no significance. The Indians are coming.

The Mleccha reaches for his daughter. The Noble Indians will never lay a hand on children, women and civilian folk of the enemy forces. Surely it is wise to offer your daughter's hand to the ruler of such a great force and vacate the sacred land forever and return to the poverty stricken swathes of Western Asia aka Europe?

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14353
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Suraj » 10 Apr 2014 14:17

Pratyush wrote:Gentlemen, I am not so confident of a Modi victory. Based on my interactons over the past few days, I have observed massive digree of ambivalence towards Modi. This will cause a lot of votes to be wasted. The worst part is that they are convinced that nothing will change.

For a very brief period of time, you have the opportunity to do something about matters. There's an active effort to canvas votes. Be part of it.

SanjayC
BRFite
Posts: 1557
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby SanjayC » 10 Apr 2014 14:23

Pratyush wrote:Gentlemen, I am not so confident of a Modi victory. Based on my interactons over the past few days, I have observed massive digree of ambivalence towards Modi. This will cause a lot of votes to be wasted. The worst part is that they are convinced that nothing will change.


This behaviour of some Hindus is a result of a massive inferiority complex in one's own identity. Therefore, the more somebody talks of protecting Hindu interests, the more they will hate him.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9288
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 12:47
Location: University of Trantor

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 Apr 2014 14:33

NM's eldest bro issues a clarification. Essentially asks the PaidMedia trolls to leave the family alone.

Image

M Joshi
BRFite
Posts: 298
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby M Joshi » 10 Apr 2014 14:47

Talked to an autowala in the morning in new Delhi. He was yet to cast his vote. Asked him about kejri slapgate yesterday and the guy believed it to be genuine incident. Asked him about his voting preference and he said jhaadu(broom). Got a weird feeling that the choice of this guy will influence my future as well.
Asked him the reason for his choice. He said no policeman stopped him for 49 days. I asked that do you know police was under congi control and not Aap's? He said yes. Then I asked how come kejriwal was able to stop policemen from harrasing autowallas if not for orders directly from congress to policemen? He didn't reply.
I asked will he be able to win 272 seats? No reply from the guy.
I again asked, then why is he fighting? Who will he support with his 5,10, 20 seats if not. Congress? The guy nodded.
Told him about my Gujarat experience and my interactions with autowalas there.
My last comment was while paying him that, vote for jhaadu, only if you want congress rule back. Jhaadu will not win, but congress will win. He nodded and said yes.
God knows who he voted for anyway. But he will remember what I said on may 16.

member_22539
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2022
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby member_22539 » 10 Apr 2014 15:23

^Excellent. We need more people like you, able to articulate and make people understand, that too in a non-aggressive way. Wish you luck with more such people.

fanne
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3602
Joined: 11 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby fanne » 10 Apr 2014 15:58

Guys, there is still an hour of voting time left. All those on BR, can you please please pick phone and call and get some votes out. Use your own vehicle to ferry people. I can do it from saat samunder paar, sure you guys can do it. Even if you get 1 vote extra, that maybe all the difference. But realistically, 10 votes can be targeted in the election in this hour. Just to give a tid bit, It has happened, BJP and other candidate, their result was a tie, and the winner was decided by a toss, BJP lost. So that one extra vote counts.

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3775
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby vivek.rao » 10 Apr 2014 16:33

rasheed kidwai ‏@rasheedkidwai 5m
Narendra modi set to appear in "aap ki adalat" . Rajat sharma's tv show

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12714
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Aditya_V » 10 Apr 2014 16:37

M Joshi wrote:Talked to an autowala in the morning in new Delhi. He was yet to cast his vote. Asked him about kejri slapgate yesterday and the guy believed it to be genuine incident. Asked him about his voting preference and he said jhaadu(broom). Got a weird feeling that the choice of this guy will influence my future as well.
Asked him the reason for his choice. He said no policeman stopped him for 49 days. I asked that do you know police was under congi control and not Aap's? He said yes. Then I asked how come kejriwal was able to stop policemen from harrasing autowallas if not for orders directly from congress to policemen? He didn't reply.
I asked will he be able to win 272 seats? No reply from the guy.
I again asked, then why is he fighting? Who will he support with his 5,10, 20 seats if not. Congress? The guy nodded.
Told him about my Gujarat experience and my interactions with autowalas there.
My last comment was while paying him that, vote for jhaadu, only if you want congress rule back. Jhaadu will not win, but congress will win. He nodded and said yes.
God knows who he voted for anyway. But he will remember what I said on may 16.


Autowalas are pro AAP, AAP exempted from reporting to the Police but to Transport department, Police cant stop for example to check if meters are working, or whether they charge fare as per meters etc. thanks to AAP so that they fleece the public, no surprise here

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7543
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby IndraD » 10 Apr 2014 17:43

What was need for Modi to declare Jasodaben wife at this hour, media is drooling over it

archan
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6822
Joined: 03 Aug 2007 21:30
Contact:

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby archan » 10 Apr 2014 17:45

It's not gonna hurt. Plus more coverage on this= less coverage for others.

Vamsee
BRFite
Posts: 660
Joined: 16 Mar 2001 12:31

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Vamsee » 10 Apr 2014 17:46

Until sept 2013, that was optional and Modi left it blank. SC made every field mandatory and Modi has to enter it now. Simple. It will have zero impact on votes.

SRoy
BRFite
Posts: 1938
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 06:45
Location: Kolkata
Contact:

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby SRoy » 10 Apr 2014 17:47

^^
He declared it in his nomination papers.
Must have done so earlier also. Media has been trying to pin prick now.

Public at large are aware it is not even worthy of discussion (Modi's private life).

archan
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6822
Joined: 03 Aug 2007 21:30
Contact:

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby archan » 10 Apr 2014 17:48

He had to declare absolute truth in the affidavit otherwise they could have sued and tried to get him disqualified. The stakes are exceptionally high.

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4749
Joined: 07 Sep 2009 16:17

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Manish_Sharma » 10 Apr 2014 17:55

IndraD wrote:What was need for Modi to declare Jasodaben wife at this hour, media is drooling over it


People can see that after 12 years of ruling Gujarat they've nothing - absolutely nothing against NaMo sarkaar, so they try to grab whatever oppurtunity they get to malign him.

While raul's columbian or afghan girlfriends are not even mentioned. And NaMo team is ok with it, people are intelligent enough to draw their own conclusion.

sooraj
BRFite
Posts: 1528
Joined: 06 May 2011 15:45

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby sooraj » 10 Apr 2014 18:07

Deadly 'Heartbleed' hits the Internet: Are you safe?
http://www.rediff.com/business/slide-show/slide-show-1-tech-deadly-heartbleed-hits-the-internet-are-you-safe/20140410.htm#5

There are a couple of options that are available to the end user and in case he needs to check if the website is vulnerable or not, the same could be done at http://filippo.io/Heartbleed


So I checked namostore using the above website and it says "thenamostore.com IS VULNERABLE" :-?

anyone plz check any websites used for donations to bjp have this vulnerability

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7543
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby IndraD » 10 Apr 2014 18:10

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 559344.cms I guess Times OI can only report such senseless stories. Making personal attacks on a man which the whole nation is finally looking upto. Our country finally has a ray of hope. I think decency in journalism is dead. The soul of journalism in India seems to be dead as well. PTI has now stooped to this level. What a misfortune of our Country.

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7543
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby IndraD » 10 Apr 2014 18:20

SP Mukhtar Ansari not to contest from Banaras, setting with AAP

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4749
Joined: 07 Sep 2009 16:17

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Manish_Sharma » 10 Apr 2014 18:24

IndraD wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/lok-sabha-elections-2014/news/After-Modi-admits-he-was-married-his-brother-says-it-was-a-social-formality/articleshow/33559344.cms I guess Times OI can only report such senseless stories. Making personal attacks on a man which the whole nation is finally looking upto. Our country finally has a ray of hope. I think decency in journalism is dead. The soul of journalism in India seems to be dead as well. PTI has now stooped to this level. What a misfortune of our Country.


http://news.rediff.com/column/2010/jun/23/inder-malhotra-on-35-years-after-the-emergency.htm
After the Emergency all three changed their lofty stand 180 degrees. As for the press, the nation's watchdog, it is impossible to improve upon the remonstrance to it by L K Advani, information minister in the Janata government: 'You were asked only to bend but you chose to crawl.'


They've always been like that just due to electronic media they're exposed more.

rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 7745
Joined: 08 Sep 2005 18:24
Location: Jatland

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby rohitvats » 10 Apr 2014 18:51

Applied for and got leave; traveling to my home town during the polling phase to vote for NM. Have asked my family to vote NM.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4463
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby KLNMurthy » 10 Apr 2014 19:11

Narayana Rao wrote:Media will make full issue of NM's "wife" declaration. I wonder if they will hunt for her and take rubbish interviews etc. Entire issue of economy, jobs, national security and all will be secondary now to NM's "wife" issue.

I do not know why he has done that now when he has not declared anything till now.

Personal details of the political leaders are not normally not discussed in Indian media as per the principle (may be they do not write about mafia family details and lose their payments) but such restrain will not be there about NM.

I am not sure why he has done this new thing now.

I heard rule has changed, previously it was not compulsory to disclose this info.

member_23061
BRFite
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby member_23061 » 10 Apr 2014 19:13

I feel disheartened. A lot of family who I thought was with Namo are sadly with Congs. Its Kerala though so I was not too disheartened. But still their reasoning is one of familiarity and distrust. *sigh* I wish fervently that we cross 272 else we will be stuck with coalition pressures :( :(

member_20317
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3167
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby member_20317 » 10 Apr 2014 19:15

The Delhi voter turnout seems ~10% lower than the Assembly elections but 12% higher than the 2009 General Elections.

Seems AAP ka fever seems to have subsided in Delhi NCR. They will still get votes but I feel the impulse voter that favoured AAP is not going to be enough to win any of the 7 seats for them. Same goes for Congress in Delhi only difference being unlike the impulse voter of AAP, congress has entrenched voters. BJP too has entrenched voter base but the enthu is palpable. Absolutely no enthu in the Congress voter.

But this AAP has been an eye opener for me. How people in our country can be taken for a ride across the class divide. Next target.

Boss this is a wave. I think I will change my best judgement assessment in ramana garus thread for NDA pretty soon. I am now not ruling out a 50% chances of 260-280 for pre poll NDA. Beyond that I am still not confident. But the call for 300+ must have had some solid basis. My thumbs up.

.........

BTW the last times 15-20 votes that I had to work on last assembly elections almost all were enthusiastic voters this time and the numbers for me personally seems to have gone up 20-25. I hereby also claim to have gotten one more AAP voter converted.

SaraLax
BRFite
Posts: 514
Joined: 01 Nov 2005 21:15
Location: redemption land

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby SaraLax » 10 Apr 2014 19:17

Prasobh wrote:I feel disheartened. A lot of family who I thought was with Namo are sadly with Congs. Its Kerala though so I was not too disheartened. But still their reasoning is one of familiarity and distrust. *sigh* I wish fervently that we cross 272 else we will be stuck with coalition pressures :( :(


so how much polling % in Thiruvananthapuram and Kasargod ?. Any jump in % in Kasargod ?.

harbans
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4883
Joined: 29 Sep 2007 05:01
Location: Dehradun

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby harbans » 10 Apr 2014 19:23

On Child marriage:
1. According to UN a child marriage is illegal because it is below the age of consent, 18.
2. The same applies Indian law.
3. Technically it implies that a child must legally have choice on his or her marriage.

Ref 3: Modi and his wife made the mature choice that it is better to be educated than consummate the technically illegal marriage. And he and his wife made that at 17. After giving that advice Modi went to the Himalayas for 2 years and Ramkrishna mission to seek life as a Sanyasi. He was told to be a Karma Yogi, which he became and joined the RSS.

His wife interim did complete an education and started teaching. Both stayed separately and never consummated the marriage. Yet both acknowledged the bond that was forced on them as children. And both remained faithful to each other by not marrying someone else.

This is a child marriage tragedy. Not something to be exploited. If at all Modi behaved with immense maturity, and so did his wife.
Such a marriage to declare it or not, is not an easy decision. But i think Modi did the right thing. The betrothal even if not consummated was considered a marriage by his wife. It was upto Modi to endorse it as an adult. He could do it at 25, 40 or 60. He did it now.

prahaar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2804
Joined: 15 Oct 2005 04:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby prahaar » 10 Apr 2014 19:29



http://youtu.be/yca8HMEfXPY

Shri Shankersinh Vaghela asking people to not unnecessarily dwell on Modi's affidavit. He explains that only due to technical reasons Modiji had to write the name (since he never had a divorce with Jashodaben and his wife still considers him to be her husband). Shri Vaghela goes on to say that he is a personal witness to the fact that Modiji has never been in vivahik jeevan.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14746
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby pankajs » 10 Apr 2014 19:29

SaraLax wrote:
Prasobh wrote:I feel disheartened. A lot of family who I thought was with Namo are sadly with Congs. Its Kerala though so I was not too disheartened. But still their reasoning is one of familiarity and distrust. *sigh* I wish fervently that we cross 272 else we will be stuck with coalition pressures :( :(


so how much polling % in Thiruvananthapuram and Kasargod ?. Any jump in % in Kasargod ?.

Kasargod .. seems I did hear there was a bump > 5%.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14746
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby pankajs » 10 Apr 2014 19:56

^^
Ok I guess I was wrong. Today's number is 78% up by 2% over the last cycle inline with rest of Kerala. So no change in this seat.

SaiK
BRF Oldie
Posts: 36423
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 12:31
Location: NowHere

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby SaiK » 10 Apr 2014 20:02

SaiK wrote:362+

member_23061
BRFite
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby member_23061 » 10 Apr 2014 20:08

The problem wrt Kerala [atleast central Kerala from where I am] is that the Hindu vote is still splitting amongst the Lefties and the Congress and the BJP has yet to create any fissures within it. The reason being the strong hold that the Xtians have over the education, their control of the media which tries to diminish Hindu sentiment and the overall economic goodness due to Gulf + consumerism that continues the Kerala economy.

People are aware but are least bothered by Hindu encroachment in Central Kerala so you have Xtians and Moslems doing voter bloc support to get their candidates in. BJP really needs to build grassroots strength here by

A. RSS shakas in strength.
B. Uniting the Nair and SNDP wings atleast for a common minimum agenda. Simply having a flash in the pan is not enough. There needs to be a real effort to galvanize the Hindu voter by showing them the dangers of passivity.
C. Better Media presence. [Which will be addressed by Janam TV]

mayo
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 98
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 06:11
Location: Madrasa Theory of Relativity (M>EC^2) Madrasa Logic > Earthly Logic * Civilization^2

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby mayo » 10 Apr 2014 20:18

Prem Kumar, I am willing to call people over the weekend to seek Modi votes. I can speak in Hindi or English. Please let me know if I may be of any help. I will also post in the call-a-thon forum.

gandharva
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2304
Joined: 30 Jan 2008 23:22

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby gandharva » 10 Apr 2014 20:26


SaiK
BRF Oldie
Posts: 36423
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 12:31
Location: NowHere

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby SaiK » 10 Apr 2014 20:32

Arun Menon wrote:^Excellent. We need more people like you, able to articulate and make people understand, that too in a non-aggressive way. Wish you luck with more such people.

good exchange for people who think like us.. but most rickwalas, imho, will go vote for kangrez directly! ek saab ne sach bola.. kangez has the controls, so vote for them.

aam minds!

satya
BRFite
Posts: 718
Joined: 19 Jan 2005 03:09

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby satya » 10 Apr 2014 20:37

ravi_g wrote:The Delhi voter turnout seems ~10% lower than the Assembly elections but 12% higher than the 2009 General Elections.

Seems AAP ka fever seems to have subsided in Delhi NCR. They will still get votes but I feel the impulse voter that favoured AAP is not going to be enough to win any of the 7 seats for them. Same goes for Congress in Delhi only difference being unlike the impulse voter of AAP, congress has entrenched voters. BJP too has entrenched voter base but the enthu is palpable. Absolutely no enthu in the Congress voter.

But this AAP has been an eye opener for me. How people in our country can be taken for a ride across the class divide. Next target.

Boss this is a wave. I think I will change my best judgement assessment in ramana garus thread for NDA pretty soon. I am now not ruling out a 50% chances of 260-280 for pre poll NDA. Beyond that I am still not confident. But the call for 300+ must have had some solid basis. My thumbs up.

.........

BTW the last times 15-20 votes that I had to work on last assembly elections almost all were enthusiastic voters this time and the numbers for me personally seems to have gone up 20-25. I hereby also claim to have gotten one more AAP voter converted.


Ravi

Using a broad brush of polling percentage in 2009 & 2014 won't work this time. For example : If voting is lower in slum-areas now then it is not in favor of AAP .You have to go areawise .

member_23061
BRFite
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby member_23061 » 10 Apr 2014 20:50

There was reports of EC being lax in handing out voter ID's. Will these new mohallawalla's vote Cong/AAP to change the balance in the critical seats

member_28468
BRFite
Posts: 198
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby member_28468 » 10 Apr 2014 21:02

At least some IM is changing


Return to “BR Nostalgia Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests