Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by krishnan »

kvjayan wrote:The sudden anti-Modi outburst of the TN CM is likely due to the fear of losing the minority votes, particularly the green variety. The clout and blackmailing power of the church and the mosque is substantial in TN politics (at least till now). Perhaps, she thinks that she can always makeup after the elections. One hopes that the BJP would not have to repeat its pathetic submission to her dictates, as happened in the late 1990s.
Arun Menon wrote:^If we are allowed to pick and choose the statistics we compare, we are bound to come up with the kind of results we want. Maybe she should compare:

1. Power supply in Gujarat, which is surplus vs in TN, which is pathetic.
2. Total unemployment rather than just graduates (the graduates only thing is a total giveaway).
3. Total industrial investment (which indicates future industrial strength).
4. Average agricultural growth of above 10%, with an arid, desert-like and high-salinity soil in Gujarat versus the way better conditions in TN.
5. Her well-known corruption vs NaMo's immaculate record.
6. The potholed roads in TN vs the way better roads in Gujarat.
7. The UN awarded water supply system in Gujarat vs the water supply system in TN which saw its heights during the Chola era and later with the British.
8. The fact that Tata Nano went to Gujarat instead of the so called Detroit of India i.e. TN.

These are things that I can just pull out off the top of my head.

If I compare HDI of TN with Kerala, it would be totally hilarious (kind of her like her suspiciously black hair), so lets not even go there. In spite of that gorgeous first world like HDI in Kerala, people still have to migrate for jobs.

Pathetic. If people fall for this crap, they deserve to get a congi govt or for that matter a jaya one.
not minority votes, educated , IT-Vity type votes
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

One thing I have noticed about Gujarat is that it has the second highest installed power capacity in the country behind only Maharashtra, and ahead of larger 'developed' states of AP and TN. Was it always like that or is it recent?
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Just finished calling 100 phone numbers (with 50% strike rate) in Secunderabad constituency to muster support for BJP. The people comprised mostly of students & employees and Modi wave is clear as a blue sky. Nearly 95% of whom I called already decided to vote for Modi/BJP/TDP. And remaining 5% to TRS. Not even one whom I called are voting for Congress.

I think Bhandaru Dattatreya of BJP will have a easy time winning Secunderabad this time.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

abhik wrote:One thing I have noticed about Gujarat is that it has the second highest installed power capacity in the country behind only Maharashtra, and ahead of larger 'developed' states of AP and TN. Was it always like that or is it recent?
A message long time ago I posted.

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 2#p1303542

We have squandered a lot of $ because of total policy paralysis.
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

Cold calling results from Kanyakumari day before the elections
*Yesterday night called vegetable stores, grocery stores, taxi cab services etc.
*Today morning called hotels exclusively.
*All numbers through JustDial.com. Thus the inherent skew in the BJP supplied list was eliminated.
*It is still a close call.
*Pon.Radhakrishnan, the BJP candidate has tremendous respect across all community lines.
*Hindus overwhelmingly behind Pon.R.
*I have a feeling that the church will issue an edict against him. Ref the joker from St.Xavier. I have a feeling that all the "secular" institutions across the country are in lock-step to block Modi at all costs.
*Some ground level reports tell me that many Christians want to bring a change in the centre and thus want to vote for Modi even at the cost of defying the edict from church.
*BJP cadre in Kanyakumari is super-charged.
*I would give about 60% chance to Pon.R at this point.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SaiK, Translation or summary?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

How come Sonia & cronies are unaware of these developments, what is the evidence this is true?? How come The Week knows more than our intelligence??
In a recent exclusive eyewitness story done by THE WEEK, an astounding news was revealed, THE WEEK claims right after Narendra Modi filed his nomination in Varanasi, Jashodaben was picked up and packed off to Modi’s ardent supporter and Yoga Guru Ramdev Baba’s ashram in the Himalayas.

April to September is pilgrim season in north India, when the faithful from across the country flock to the Char Dham in the Himalayas. For devotees from Gujarat, the journey this year offers not just spiritual bliss but also a fair share of intrigue. There are whispers that one of the ashrams of yoga guru Baba Ramdev near the Neelkanth Mahadev temple in Rishikesh in Uttarakhand is hosting Jashodaben until the elections are over and the media interest in her wanes.

According to sources in the Vishva Hindu Parishad, soon after Modi acknowledged Jashodaben as his wife, Hindu activists and security professionals dressed as pilgrims arrived on her doorsteps in three white SUVs. They told her that her long-standing wish for a Char Dham yatra had come true. Sources said the group took her to Ahmedabad, where she boarded a chartered flight to Aurangabad near the Uttar Pradesh-Uttarakhand border, and then to Ramdev's isolated mountain-top ashram at Rishikesh. Labourers in the ashram say a lady was seen arriving in a white vehicle on April 13.

“Jashodaben is protected by top-level security people with ties with the Gujarat security services. Perhaps, she does not even know that those with her are not pilgrims but people tasked with keeping her away from the public eye,” said a source close to Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati, the Shankaracharya of Dwarka Peeth, who recently spoke out against Modi.
http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/NAT-TO ... 6-PHO.html
Last edited by IndraD on 23 Apr 2014 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

The latest opinion survey results done by the Junior Vikatan team was published . The team had interviewed around 25,247 voters across the state.

The poll shows Narendra Modi was the most preferred prime ministerial candidate with 50.68% followed by Jayalalitha with 25.71% and Rahul Gandhi 21.37% .

Also to question which alliance would you vote for, BJP alliance was the most preferred very closely followed by the AIADMK .

BJP +-28.75%

AIADMK- 26.40%

DMK + -17.51%

Congress- 9.26%

NOTA- 8.04 %

AAP- 3.99 %

CPI+ – 3.05 %

Others – 3.00 %
in the link ramana
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

The symbols are pretty clear. Caption is: "who will get your vote?" The two leaves is AIADMK, rising sun is DMK. The thumbs down is NOTA (transliterated literally in Tamil as "nottaa"). The last bar without a symbol is "others."
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

paid media in India (called news traders by Modi) like aajtak, daily Bhaskar, The week, Economist, WJpost all are working in tandem to defame Modi , it is obvious
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

abhik wrote:One thing I have noticed about Gujarat is that it has the second highest installed power capacity in the country behind only Maharashtra, and ahead of larger 'developed' states of AP and TN. Was it always like that or is it recent?
This is recent, and happened during the last 10 years. According to this article below, Gujarat generated 4000MW of power in 2001, and that went up to 26,000MW today.

Gujarat to double power generation capacities in 2 yrs
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

it is funny in the junior vikatan poll, that NOTA does not include AAP, CPI and Others. anyone?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

http://aajtak.intoday.in/story/the-week ... 62119.html

Jasodaben in a safehouse in Baba Ramdev's Ashram acc to India Today, The Week.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Last 10 years only.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Junior vikatan predicting 10 seats for NDA in TN. If it happens will be because of Modi wave.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Realizing on thing, the India Today group is going to be the new NDTV.
Sad since that was an institution I some what looked up to...
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

IndraD wrote:http://aajtak.intoday.in/story/the-week ... 62119.html

Jasodaben in a safehouse in Baba Ramdev's Ashram acc to India Today, The Week.
I am unable to understand the khujli. She is not a minor she can do whatever she wants. She can refuse to find fault with CM Modi. May be shld values her privacy mire than others who want to be on TV 24x7 attention who3r1ng and selling their wares.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 23 Apr 2014 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

sivab wrote:Junior vikatan predicting 10 seats for NDA in TN. If it happens will be because of Modi wave.
enough to tackle amma's trump cards of switching sides. i hope NDA does not have to depend on TN.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

krishnan wrote:https://in.news.yahoo.com/blogs/boxpopu ... 27288.html
These stats by Jaya are startling and beg you to rethink whatever Narendra Modi has been harping about all this while:

Foodgrain production (TN 101.51 lakh metric tonnes, Gujarat 88.74 lakh metric tonnes in 2011-12).
Let us put a desert area the size of Kerala in TN and see if its foodgrain production is even half of Gujarat. And where is the milk production of TN?

Amma is also resorting to lies., that shows her desperation. The more she lies, the more she "exposes" herself and the more TN will walk towards BJP. Let Amma do her thing.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

^^sivab, Are you referring to the survey conducted in Jan, or is this a new survey done recently by Junior vikatan. ok.

Added later: Looks like they have published a survey on 13th April.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Some people are spreading following pix on facebooks https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 8703156922

warning : too graphic, too extreme . fickle hearted NaMo-andh-bhagats are requested not to click above link.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

at the rate at which agri land is being converted to construction area, tn grain output will go less than 80 mtr ton
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

rgsrini wrote:^^sivab, Are you referring to the survey conducted in Jan, or is this a new survey done recently by Junior vikatan. ok.

Added later: Looks like they have published a survey on 13th April.
This survey seems much more recent than vote percentage survey released on 13. You need to check individual constituency to get the tally.

http://www.vikatan.com/new/article.php? ... &aid=94279
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

My thoughts (and rants) on inclusiveness (inspired by the graphic post by RMji above):

I have no problem being inclusive of inclusive people and people who follow different, but inclusive philosophies including Wicca, Pagan worship, Native American religion.

I have a BIG problem with being inclusive of exclusive people and people who follow exclusive philosophies. That sekooolarism is the sekoolarism of suicide.

In the west the liberals can afford to sing paeans to sekooolarism because they are sitting on top of a large Abrahamic exclusivist population (Christians) who will resist any encroachment from the other Abrahamic exclusivists and the atheistic exclusivists (communists). This is why in USofA being 'anti-communist' is big in the churches and the poor people who live on welfare vote Republican party who then promptly cut spending on welfare :)

Indian sekoolarists are like any other Indian psedo-intellectuals, they are intellectually lazy to form their own ideas and they are too deracinated to believe in their own ideas if they had them. So they import the sekooolarism kool-aid from the west and apply it to a religion that is already secular by its definition. Now they are drawing false equivalence between Hindu self-expression (like the swastika you seen in the outlook front page), to the exclusivist philosophies in the west that have caused nothing but murder and mayhem all across the world (Nazism was also exclusivist).

India and Hinduism cannot afford to follow the western model of sekoolarism, which is ironically exclusivist in its nature (the moment you start classifying people as "you are comoooonal and I cannot talk to you, I am sekooolar and I am the chosen one" you are falling into the "holier than thou" exclusivist tendency.

Exclusivism (us vs them) comes naturally to Humans, its as evil as any other human emotion (jealousy, anger etc). Secular exclusivists are no different from Abrahamic exclusivist. They are infected by the same mental ailment and the same processes in the mind. Only a philosophy that goes against that grain of human evil can make the rough edges of exclusivism go away. Hinduism is one such philosophy.

We must chart a new way, a new constitution so to speak should contain a line of this form:
We the people of India will accept any peoples with any philosophical inclination, provided that philosophical inclination is completely free of exclusivism in letter and in spirit.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Some people are spreading following pix on facebooks https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 8703156922

warning : too graphic, too extreme . fickle hearted NaMo-andh-bhagats are requested not to click above link.
unfortunately or fortunately, symbols on evms are printed in black and white, not in orange or green.

The change to black and white while elections are held is apt in the final stages.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

:rotfl:
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

Something tells me to expect trouble when NaMo goes to BHU and Kanchi Vidyapeeth tomorrow.

I am speculating from what happened today in Varanasi: AK was extolling as to how Pandit Malviya kept politicians and police out of the BHU campus all through the time he was associated with BHU. And that tomorrow, politicians and policemen will enter the campus where Pandit Malviya never allowed them to enter. And he kept repeating this a few times.

I, and I may be wrong here, read it as sowing the seeds within the small crowds to go to BHU and Kanchi Vidyapeeth and create some ruckus. Probably force the police to do a lathi charge. And then AK goes to town again crying'victimisation'.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Virupaksha wrote:
Rahul Mehta wrote:Some people are spreading following pix on facebooks https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 8703156922

unfortunately or fortunately, symbols on evms are printed in black and white, not in orange or green.

The change to black and white while elections are held is apt in the final stages.
Being a candidate himself, RMji should know that quite well. So he is basically spreading misinformation about his election rivals on FB and now here. Anything else he says about NaMo or the BJP should be looked at in the same light.
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

Watch: Vadra part of corruption debate, not personal attack - Amit Shah to NDTV

Amit Shah delivers a round of Slap to Barkha Dutt. Worth Watching. This guy is good
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

किस्सा forwarded on whatsapp.. :D
-----------------------
I recently asked my friends’ little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said, “I want to be the PM of India”. Both her parents, staunch Congressmen, were standing there.
So I asked her, “If you were PM, what would be the first thing you would do”?
She replied, “I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people”. Her parents beamed.
“Wow...what a worthy goal”, I told her. “But you don’t have to wait until you’re PM to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, sweep my driveway, and I’ll pay you Rs.500. Then I’ll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the Rs.500 to use for his food & house re-building.”
She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the Rs.500 directly”?
I said, “Welcome to the BJP”.
Her parents still aren’t talking to me.
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

Rahul Mehta wrote:RSS-apex and VHP-apex could not stop BJP-apex from removing Hindu orange and putting Missionary white color in the lotus. So IMO RSS-workers and VHP-workers should realize that RSS-apex and VHP-apex is now defeated and tamed. It is time activists move to something else?
Regardless of the merits of the rest of your arguments, who cedes colors to anyone else? How silly do you have to get before you refuse to use basic colors because they what? Belong to someone else? It's an interesting world where the west tries to appropriate Yoga as "christian" where you're intent on giving away basic colors. :roll: One surefire way to kill any movement is to come up with obscure standards and claim it's lost if it fails to measure up to them. Either people really are that stupid or you're right and there is a grand western MNC conspiracy. In which case you're clearly a part of the conspiracy and trying to box the Hindu right in and reduce it's freedom of maneuver in an attempt to kill it.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

All trees could be classified as Muslim based on the green color of leaves.
Mango is Islamic and Orange is Hindu??
Ridiculous.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Raw mango is Islamic, but ripe mango is Hindu. :) All in RM's world.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Atri ji,

Tweet kiya jaaye?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

On the whole colour of the Kamal debate, I realized how stupid the argument of RMji is going.

He makes a lot of good points. But colour change conspiracy of MNC? WTF?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Atri ji, the original joke said "Welcome to the Republican Party" and the girl's parents were Democrats. Some one changed that to BJP and Congress. It is an American joke which you can tell by the reference to "mowing the lawn" and "sweeping the driveway". Regular people don't have lawns and driveways in India.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

mehta ji's hypocrisy was exposed on BRF when he refused to include our "cannons for commons" demand (passed by overwhelming majority by BR commoners) in his manifesto.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Nachiket,

Yes, but Modiji is India's equivalent of Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt in one package. :)
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

SRoy wrote:Raw mango is Islamic, but ripe mango is Hindu. :) All in RM's world.
The point is when you mature or ripen , you become Hindu. ( that is for others, Hindus are mature right from birth as he carries samskaras of previous births)