Anantha wrote:KLN
In all fairness pappu said Gujrat ko not Gujrat ka
ROTFL
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by pankajs »

#JAIHO ‏@drgpradhan 25m

इस जंग में हारे हुए कहलाओगे तुम्ही... चाहो तो नुमाइश में मेरा सर ही लगा दो..
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

if you look at cartoons, the way they draw Namo incl Kureel is the exaggerated way western artists used to draw negroes including Tintin comics.

it has become a trend to draw him like this.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/fi ... 60x258.jpg
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Singha wrote:"I don't know what kind of fate I have that I have to face such people. If there was someone wise, we could have had a conversation," he said.

> spoken like a mighty warrior on the field, who does not want to spend his arrows cutting up some riff raff army but seeks battle with worthy opponents arjuna/bheema -vs- karna/drona/bheesma.
Yup. Verse from BG Chapter 1:

Arjuna uvacha [Arjuna says]

senayor ubhayaor api, ratham sthApaya ma ichchuta [Place my chariot between the two armies, o noblest one]

yAvat-Etan nireeksha aham, youddhu kAmann avasthitAnn [Let me who is it so desirous of battle]

Kair mayA saha yoddhavyam, asmina raNa samudhyamEy [Who is it who wants to fight me, in this war, let me see]

The ati-mahArathi, knowing he's the best on the battlefield, still wants to know who he's fighting (and why).
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

negi wrote: For someone whose family has served across the 3 services for 3 generations I think I have seen things closely enough to make that observation.
And you feel this allows for generalizations about the entirety of the Officer Corps numbering in the tens of thousands not including retired officers from this sample set?
OT alert: to say that officers live a middle class life is again a factual error; on a relative scale in India if you go by how a poor is defined and how many live under the poverty line and then look at the working class even under the central government so that we get a better picture the pecking order is on lines of low grade positions like sweepers> clerks/workers> executive , barring the IAS and say the ONGC an officer in the armed forces is paid handsomely by government standards . Lot of us civillians here too cannot play modest and claim to be middle class .
You're comparing class 1 gazetted officers to sweepers and concluding they are well off? There are a laundry list of grade A civil service offrs aprt from the all india services that make up the backbone of the central government that get paid at the same scales. Even better once you factor in terms of service and promotion rates and steep pyramid for the services. Or are you suggesting that service offrs are better off than people working in civilian professions?
Anyways coming back to my point i.e. the executive class under the Central government until recently have by and large either abstained from electoral process or even when participated remained loyal to the ruling side and why shouldn't they ? Fact is the ones who are in central government jobs live in nice closed cantonment areas be it BARC, TIFR, ONGC colonies or even the armed forces bases they do not have much to complain against the government

I have never heard anyone attribute the quality of a cantonment to the ruling dispensation. Apart from the IAS and the IPS who are in bed with the political class, and thus directly affected by electoral politics, I can't see how anyone cares either ways by profession. They'll vote like anyone else votes in India. Once retired their concerns are exactly the same as anyone else.
from earlier wrote:This is not about officers in services only by and large majority of those who have manned executive postings and have done so for generations tend to develop close connections to those in power and hence are likely to have a favorable view of them .
I'm curious what connections to power a typical infantry officer is likely to ever have in his career that somehow make him beholden to the government of the day. Perhaps you're referring the rarified air of the senior General class or your Army HQ type lot. That represents a minuscule percentage of the armed forces and is nowhere close to being representative of the officer corps at large. Your avg officer will manage to go through his career without ever touching anything like power.
Last edited by anjan on 30 Apr 2014 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

IndraD wrote:That mother thinks AAP honored her by giving LS ticket? Then all shaheed's kith n kin w/o ticket await honor. lahori logic onlee
How deeply kejri supports these terrorists/genociders from pakistan:

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Find your selfie.... (nice initiative from lotus IT cell, I would guess...)

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

sivab wrote:Image

Narendra Modi takes a selfie after casting his vote
which model is this phone?
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Looks more like he is picking his nose.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he is holding that white lotus bjp logo like smelling it ... pandit nehru style lol

phone looks like a cheap generic android box. I wonder how they communicate among inner circle..all phones are surely to be illegally tapped.
वरुण
BRFite -Trainee

Post by वरुण »

ravi_g wrote:Looks more like he is picking his nose.
That's the BJP Kamal next to his nose. This is the latest selfie:

member_28397
BRFite

Post by member_28397 »

Dhananjay wrote:
sivab wrote:Image

Narendra Modi takes a selfie after casting his vote
which model is this phone?
iPhone 5
Last edited by member_28397 on 30 Apr 2014 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I like the focus of his security team. Not distracted at all.
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

Hari Seldon wrote:Voted today, for the first time ever. Took 45 minutes odd. Long lines, all middle class+ folks, few in the <35 bracket. Malkajgiri Seat.

No lotus either in LS or in VS, sadly. Did think about voting lok satta but finally went with TD in both LS and VS. TD at least is a confirmed part of the NDA.
Voted today in Malkajgiri LS constituency. Left home at 7:30 AM to avoid long lines. When we reached the polling booth @ 7:45 AM, we found really long queues. Saw my neighbours leave their home at 7:10 AM and still waiting for their turn in the polling booth. Since my father is aged, had a hip surgery, walks with a stick, we were let in directly, no waiting; I sneaked in along with him & completed the voting in 10 minutes 8) My wife had to stand in the queue and she said it took more than 1½ hrs for her turn :((

I voted for BJP in VS & TDP for LS; truth be told, every candidate I ever voted for, lost :oops:. Also, today, the voting crowds were high and I have see people of all demographics (teenagers, middle aged, elderly, families etc) in the polling booth. I could feel the change in the air and I feel BJP/NaMo will end their tally in 240-242 range :mrgreen: . This excludes prepoll allies like SS, SAD, TDP etc.

My 0.02 paise!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ My colleague in office who is a ultra-hardcore DMK supporter got himself registered in Bangalore and voted for the 1st time in his 35 yr life, just to press a button for NaMo ( he had no clue who local candidate was). Proved to me that this is a special election and am fortunate to witness it first hand.

Just thinking of waiting another 15 days to know the result is killing though!!
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

There was a panel discussion on NewsX regarding the attacks of Priyanka on Modi. At some point discussion regarding Vadra-DLF came up & Kanchan Gupta sneakily mentioned about nexus of some journalists with DLF & suddenly Vinod Sharma of HT & Prabhu Chawla of TNIE gone berserk (much like - chor ki dadhi me tinka) :lol: .

Watch it here starting from 25:40

SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

^^ Chor ki daadi mein tinka
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

James B wrote:There was a panel discussion on NewsX regarding the attacks of Priyanka on Modi. At some point discussion regarding Vadra-DLF came up & Kanchan Gupta sneakily mentioned about nexus of some journalists with DLF & suddenly Vinod Sharma of HT & Prabhu Chawla of TNIE gone berserk (much like - chor ki dadhi me tinka) :lol: .
Watch it here starting from 25:40

KanchanGupta is pure evil ! :twisted: . Set cat among pigeons.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

This election could end up making a grand alliance between :

1) Old line hindutva vaadis leading a melange of Hindu voters. Like Bhole ki baraat bhooton ke saath. All of whom had only one real thing in common - their pride in their hindutvavaad; and

2) Progress and development seeking but guilt ridden, darpoke kinds, who now wish to have their own fuller identity. After having been hounded and bombarded by pseudo-secularism and made to feel guilty about their histories.

This alliance could ultimately be just as big in its impact on the country as the RJB movement.

Given some time and resources this thing can become very big.

After this I think India will need only 1 or 2 more such big manthan of the masses to give India the kind of all round strength that we all wish for.

I was never afraid about NDA losing in this elections. I was and still am afraid about not having the leadership come upto our desires. Lets just hope the leaders do not let us gungudins down. Most Indians do not ask for much.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

SHQ called me jussnow to say news headlines flashed saying EC has ordered an FIR against Modi based on Cong complaint that he violated model code etc by giving press conference after voting and waving around the lotus symbol.

wow. just wow.
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

EC and Congi seem to have gotten a rare chance to pin NaMo down with this selfie incident. EC swings into action..rather swiftly..
Modi in trouble with EC for flashing BJP symbol during presser

According to @KartikeyaTanna, the section [ 126(1)(a) and 126 (l) (b) ] has been chosen because there is provision of jail, as opposed to 130 where a "fine" can be levied.
Last edited by bhargava on 30 Apr 2014 14:48, edited 2 times in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

i have lost respect and trust for this EC team
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

The rule says 48 hours before polling. Polling began morning. Symbol flashed after polling began. Seems OK.

Logic: When one says 48 hours before polling one cannot flash symbol, it means before polling commences, just like doc says take medicine before eating means before eating begins and not eating ends.
Last edited by harbans on 30 Apr 2014 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

let them arrest him. it will galvanize BJP voters in next phases like nothing will and give TONS of free facetime for Namo 24x7.

he can also take some rest in jail instead of running around giving rallies.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

BJP has enough good lawyers in its ranks to be able to deal with it.
Last edited by pankajs on 30 Apr 2014 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Arresting Namo? wow. My only fearis he may be bumped off injail or something. Another SP Mukherjee redux. No thanks. House arrest will do, should he delay filing for bail.
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

^^
Prohibition of public meetings during period of forty- eight hours ending with four fixed for conclusion of poll.

Source: http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1462243/

Hope the battery of lawyers have enough ammo :( :(
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

harbans wrote:The rule says 48 hours before polling. Polling began morning. Symbol flashed after polling began. Seems OK.

Logic: When one says 48 hours before polling one cannot flash symbol, it means before polling commences, just like doc says take medicine before eating means before eating begins and not eating ends.
Sorry to correct you here. It means 48 hours prior to closure of the poll. That means till 6 PM today starting from 6PM on 28th. Rules are pretty clear and all Political parties know that. However , it's small matter of detail.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

people should question this logic , was this delibrately done knwoning congis cant hide their logo
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

bhargava wrote:^^
Prohibition of public meetings during period of forty- eight hours ending with four fixed for conclusion of poll.

Source: http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1462243/

Hope the battery of lawyers have enough ammo :( :(
What is the definition of "Public meeting" hainji?

Why this dhoti shiver? Jail!!! What is wrong with folks on this forum? Assuming for a moment that he is guilty, is his offense such that he will be in jail without trial, etc?
Last edited by pankajs on 30 Apr 2014 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

absolutely dhoti-shivering here.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

I think Modiji is stressed. Nothing can stop an idea for which the time has come. He will be PM on May 16th. Modiji is going thru his sade sati and such small legal issues will continue to arise. Another ticking legal bomb is his wife. He should be careful and lie low in the home stretch. Its also important that he remain above board in the decisions that he takes when in power else Saturn will trouble him.
Last edited by member_28352 on 30 Apr 2014 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

@This fellow was raking up Modi marriage

Digvijay confirms relationship with married Journalist
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

Agree, some dhoti shivering. But swiftness with which EC has been moving..makes me a bit nervous. A notice has been issued already EC Notice against NaMo
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Section 126 in The Representation Of The People (Amendment) Act, 1996
126. Prohibition of public meetings during period of forty- eight hours ending with four fixed for conclusion of poll.
(1) No person shall-
(a) convene, hold, attend, join or address any public meeting or procession in connection with an election; or
(b) display to the public any election matter by means of cinematograph, television or other similar apparatus; or
(c) propagate any election matter to the public by holding, or by arranging the holding of, any musical concert or any theatrical performance or any other entertainment or amusement with a view to attracting the members of the public thereto, in any polling area during the period of forty- eight hours ending with the hour fixed for the conclusion of the poll for any election in that polling area.
(2) Any person who contravenes the provisions of sub- section (1) shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.
(3) In this section, the expression" election matter" means any matter intended or calculated to influence or affect the result of an election.'.
Was it a 'public meeting' or procession?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

well atleast he showed some class and didnt make any excuses here.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

krishnan wrote:i have lost respect and trust for this EC team
If this is EC, I guess it would not be far fetched that their decisions, equipment all can be rigged. Their neutrality in the whole election exercise is now repeatedly getting questions. Some time back, ex-Kerala CM E.K Nayanar of CPI(M) had got into a controversy when he showed his ballot paper (with his vote for the commies) before dropping it in.

There was also a concept of "Open vote", which is generally some leaders etc. casting their vote without standing behind the enclosure. This was okay, as it was expected that these leaders would certainly VOTE for one party. EK Nayanar was never a Modi (and never can become one), so this incident slowly died out.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

I'm not too unduly worried about the FIRs/complaints. I don't see why any of these offences shouldn't be of a bailable nature. Once's that's taken care of court case can drag on for 10 years. Yawn Yawn. However the point here is that this was totally avoidable. I wonder who's been advising him in the past few days though. Even if he is convicted it won't automatically disqualify him as punishment is only for 2 years. So he can appeal and do some more yawn yawn for 10 more years.
Last edited by member_28352 on 30 Apr 2014 15:13, edited 2 times in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

No lying low etc. His victory is certain and now it is only a question of margins. That in itself will prevent mischief from most except the die-hard CON in the system and even those will be ineffective without the cooperation of the rest.

After all self preservation is one of the strongest motives and Modi has proven himself master of the system/administration in Gujarat. No one will go beyond a point to annoy him at this stage and a single individual or institution can do little on its own.