Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

member_24042
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by member_24042 »

I dont know much about Indian judicial process but what happens next? Modi has two FIRs against him on a jailable offense. Sure if he gets arested, he will get sympathy votes but that will all go to waste if he goes to jail!
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

TonySoprano wrote:I dont know much about Indian judicial process but what happens next? Modi has two FIRs against him on a jailable offense. Sure if he gets arested, he will get sympathy votes but that will all go to waste if he goes to jail!
Who takes the final decision on whether Modi was guilty of a violation? The EC or some district court in Gujarat, or the High Court?

In the worst case scenario, the BJP can still form the government, but the people who voted for NaMo won't be amused when they get SS as PM instead.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

RajeshA wrote:More important is the duration of the "public meeting"! Here the EC must have concrete guidelines! Can 2 seconds of people gathering around someone be considered a public meeting? If one were to cite the short duration as a reason to not consider it as a violation, then EC must also tell, what is the cut-off duration!
Legalities:

What constitutes a public meeting?

1. If a celebrity steps out and journalists surround him and ask him questions and the celebrity makes a personal statement., is that public speech? Where is the public?

Journalists + Celebrity does not constitute a public meeting! This followed by live telecasting also does not constitute a public meeting. Each one is a professional.

Due Process:

1. Who is going to conduct the investigation? Gujarat police? What is the timeline? 1 week? 4 weeks? 1 year?

2. Who is the prosecutor? Prosecutor from Govt. of Guj? Where will prosecution take place? In Vadodra civil court?

3. EC cannot be the prosecutor and the judge. EC cannot abrogate itself the authority of a judge.

4. Can EC be the authority that can declare Modi's candidature from Vadodra invalid?

5. Even if EC finds all the section 126 valid, will it go ahead and arrest Modi?

If EC can do all of the above, then during Elections, why is EC not conducting foreign policy?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Dhananjay wrote:
RajeshA wrote:

Should then a voter come to the polling booth without his usual identity? Many Muslims come with skull cap! Often it is also a show of their political inclination, as politics include identity politics as well..............
Rajesh ji I beg of you to please please email this whole post to Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi here: http://meenakshilekhi.com/contacts/
Did it though I don't know if they would look at it!
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

wtf about NaMo and firs.
hope nothing happens-looks like AIF are searching everywhere and everything regarding NaMo(not BJP) to book him.

relentless tirade and lies peddled including manufactured ones spread throught the world about Godhra riots in one sided way.
attacks on him about any shortcomings in Gujarat whetehr it is about govt or people or even fauna and flora etc.
All failed.

Now the firs .

dont know whetehr to dhoti shiver or not. :(( :((

If EC goes to the extent of jailing him for 2 years which might be apossibility if AIF wants hism depserately then I suspect all gloves will be off- May be NaMo may rule from jail with Amit Shah or any other of his confidantes ruling the term till he comes back.

whatever it is NaMo has smelt blood and the AIf are in trouble .

NaMo NAMah.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Here is why NaMo will beat expectations and become PM

From Firstpost

1. As it goes to the seventh phase of polls, the BJP issued a statement captioned, "Largest Mass Outreach Campaign in Electoral History of a Democracy", crediting Narendra Modi for addressing an unprecedented 5827 public rallies, programmes, events, 3D rallies and Chai pe charcha. The six page statement is designed to convey the level of energy and stamina that Modi has displayed since he was declared BJP's prime ministerial candidate in September last year. Party spokesman Meenakshi Lekhi enthusiastically claimed, "It would not be an exaggeration to describe the Modi campaign as one of the biggest mass mobilisation exercise seen anywhere in the history of electioneering. The scale and intensity of the campaign becomes even bigger when one understands the large population and geographic spread of India. Yes, in the past political leaders have led marathon campaigns but the scale at which this campaign has been done beats them all by miles".

Contrast: Sonia Ahmed Patel and Pappu and Pappini Vadra were whining only and Sonia Ahmed Patel went on the national TV and did 10 mins. of Rona-Dhona. Of course that was ignored by EC.

2. Starting from 15th September 2013, when Modi addressed his first rally after being anointed as the BJP's PM candidate till 10th May 2014 when campaigning for the last phase of 2014 Lok Sabha Elections ends. The Gujarat CM has addressed 437 rallies across India from Jammu to Kanyakumari, from Amreli to Arunachal Pradesh. From 15th March to 10th May he has travelled almost 3 lakh kilometres.

Guiness book of records onlee...

3. A BJP leader engaged in keeping a tab on voting pattern says, "Modi-for-PM has worked for us. We have made inroads and will win decent number of seats in states where our presence was negligible. Nobody would have thought of it when Modi began his campaign. There are vast number of voters who in states like West Bengal, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Assam, Haryana want to see Modi as PM and are voting accordingly. How they will vote in assembly elections could be a different matter. But that is not an issue now." In seventh phase of polling, being done today, the BJP would be hoping for a clean sweep in Gujarat. It will also hope to hold the flag high in UP, Bihar and Telangana. However, Punjab where Arun Jaitley is locked in a keen contest with Captain Amrinder is being treated as the only "aberration" in a buoyant Modi wave.

----------------------

CONgI worker: Mere paas sickulars hain, pink chaddi hain, #pappu hain, Robot or Robber hain - tere paas kya hain?
BJP Worker: Mere paas Modi hain.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I said it twice before....

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... l#p1612538
I hope, NaMo has lined up some of the best, honest and brightest legal minds in his time as well. Congress will continue legal routes to stop Modi, apart from unethical and illegal means All government institutions can be used including EC. So crack investigative and legal teams should be waiting on hand, just like a team of emergency doctors or armed forces. Time will become an essence.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... l#p1622872
Obama said the same thing against Romney. He became the President once again. Like I said earlier BJP should have legal SWAT teams. Couple with SWAT SM teams, it should control the messaging and legal issues. Amit clearly said elections, there is nothing remotely violent.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

About NaMo style of interviewing-
In the recent etv video- NaMo uses more of hand gestures with talking.

In interviews with newstraders channels he was more talking and less movements of hands-- may be trying to be careful and not to walk into trap.
another is the distance seems closer with etv compared to others.
more cofnident and sure of himself in etv.

Is it only moi or others also see it. :)
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

vivek.rao wrote:The EVM is showing white lotus. BJP is showing it to people to avoid confusion. If ask RMji, it is MNC-missionary conspiracy.

And why did lower outer petals of lotus became from orange to green in around year 2000?

And why is 35% of BJP flag green?

Election symbols have been black and white even since first polling was held in India in 1919. and that didnt stop ANY party in past 95 years from using colors. eg CPM uses red, BJP has been using orange and the orange + green, Congress used tricolors, Trinamool uses green etc etc . All of a sudden, in Mar-2014, BJP changes almost all logo to white including logo on Modifesto-2014 and BJP website.

BJP workers wear orange caps. Why dont they wear green + orange caps, given that their flag is green + orange?

==============

from my facebook notes written on 30-nov-2011 . I had made this proposal way back in 2006, and its also there on orkut pages which I will need to dig out.

301.032 : RRG proposals to save Hindus in Bangladesh ----- http://facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150390482026922

" I at Right to Recall Group propose to enact Gazette Notifications necessary to bring Hindus in Bangladesh and Pakistan back into India. The proposed drafts are logistically viable. And the proposed drafts do not go against Secularism as I have shown later ...." (for more, pls click the above link)

and later links says "6. (Procedure for Jurors) If over 75% of Jurors declare that complainer is indeed a member of battered community in Bangladesh or Pakistan, then BCAO will grant him residency in India, and the complainer will be able to work and stay in any district of India except border district, North East, West Bengal and Coastline districts"

IOW, as per my proposal made in 2006, and posted on FB in nov-2011,, the Bangladeshi Hindu will be divided across India.

And following is what we saw recently
krishnan wrote:Image
======

Now what NaMo is saying is hot air only because, in NaMo's 40 years of political career, NaMo has proposed NO draft by which Govt Officer can decide establish whether person who is coming from Bangladeshi is Hindu or non-Hindu.

Essentially, NaMo has staff who read activists' webpages, get proposals and add lofty words and put on twitter etc. eg my proposal talks about distributing Bangladeshis across India , but my proposal doesnt use lofty and useless words like "dignity". What NaMo's staff did is that they copied my proposal and added lofty words like "dignity" etc etc.

Such copy-paste make good campaign lines, but not good administration. If man didnt demand any law-draft for 40 years to decide whether incomer is Hindu or non-Hindu, then please dont assume that chair of PM will inject any medicine in him which will now make him do so.

Anyway, all these NaMo-bhagats remind me of JP-bhagats of 19777 and ABV-bhagats of 1996. I was only 9 years old in 1977, but I still remember the ethusiam that JP-bhagats were showing while campaigning. By 1985, they had all become 100% apolitical , politics-hater and hated each and every politician --- the way a man or woman who has been backstabbed in low starts hating every woman or man. Within 6 months, over 90% NaMo-bhagats are going to go the same way.
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 01 May 2014 07:31, edited 2 times in total.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Frederic wrote:Do we know who at the EC forced the Guj polis to register an FIR? Couldn't have been done without Sampath's orders?
Sampath acts like a "See, Easy!" only when it comes to filing FIRs against BJP
amritk
BRFite

Post by amritk »

Rahul Mehta wrote: And why is 35% of BJP flag green?
I guess we'll have to wait for the census data to find out. :)
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:The EVM is showing white lotus. BJP is showing it to people to avoid confusion. If ask RMji, it is MNC-missionary conspiracy.

And why did lower outer petals of lotus became from orange to green in around year 2000?

And why is 35% of BJP flag green?

Election symbols have been black and white even since first polling was held in India in 1919. and that didnt stop ANY party in past 95 years from using colors. eg CPM uses red, BJP has been using orange and the orange + green, Congress used tricolors, Trinamool uses green etc etc . All of a sudden, in Mar-2014, BJP changes almost all logo to white including logo on Modifesto-2014 and BJP website.

BJP workers wear orange caps. Why dont they wear green + orange caps, given that their flag is green + orange?
Rahul frankly isn't it nonsensical to quibble over the colors.The simple reason for the colors where they were colors in the national flag.It is now being made white(and that too is a color in the national flag).Also why this innuendo- if you want to say something say it clearly.
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

I am little worried does this mean end of the road to NaMo PM chances? because of FIR and EC intervention/invention
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Nijalingappa wrote:I am little worried does this mean end of the road to NaMo PM chances? because of FIR and EC intervention/invention
Nothing to worry man. Thousands of violationd were done in these polls.EC just can't againt only modi. Anything will happen is highly highly unlikely.
India will burn if modi is arrested.
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

Nijalingappa wrote:I am little worried does this mean end of the road to NaMo PM chances? because of FIR and EC intervention/invention
This is my take. There is something at play here. Watch the video recording where NaMo has the lotus symbol in his left hand and keeps waving it, while speaking. Now, this is the man who was careful enough to keep that lapel pin in his pocket when he went to the polling station.

NaMo is not a 'wet behind the ears' new entrant. He has been in this game for years and tHerefore I speculate that this entire episode is part of some other plan.
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

But what about legality and litigation? Where does the law stand. Forget the aspect of posturing...
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

>>part of some other plan.

FIR for sonia , for waving hand??
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

chaanakya wrote:Regardless of whether doggy admits or not,
Adultery is a non-cognizable offence in the sense that unless Professor Pradhan complains or registers an FIR against Diggy Raja nothing can be done against him. So police or court can't automatically register case against Diggy Raja.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

FIR for EC on EVM violations and malfunctions?
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

I read somewhere that Modo keeps a copy of the original recording as insurance against mischief.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

not a copy, the guj govt also records all video interviews for their archive and to put it on their websites
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

we might yet create history - a PM who got elected by his party while resting in jail :mrgreen:

its upto the congis to escalate and see ...
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^With Modi as PM and a peaceful transition, they at least have a chance at making it to the airport before being arrested. If any fiasco of arrest happens with NaMo, not only will the congi family pay a much higher price, their slave in the EC will be made a example that his kind will never forget.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

rajithn wrote:
This is my take. There is something at play here. Watch the video recording where NaMo has the lotus symbol in his left hand and keeps waving it, while speaking. Now, this is the man who was careful enough to keep that lapel pin in his pocket when he went to the polling station.

NaMo is not a 'wet behind the ears' new entrant. He has been in this game for years and tHerefore I speculate that this entire episode is part of some other plan.

On 24th the voting day NM had the Varanasi rally. The voting % increased that day in the evening dramatically post rally. Yesterday he did that conf to be in the news all day, so that no one else occupied the TV space and to keep the opponents unsettled. The guy is a cunning slyfox. Expect more in the next two phases when he will go for a kill.If Sampath does not back off he would be forced to have a FIR on RG and SG and Khujli by BJP

relax guys, ignore the Main Stream Gutter media. We will have our day on May 16th
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

So Adultery is something Adults try with out consequences, but if you do audltrey in Pharma products or food substances I think its cognizable.

If a congress person does it, it is not recognizable I guess
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

disha wrote:
RajeshA wrote:More important is the duration of the "public meeting"! Here the EC must have concrete guidelines! Can 2 seconds of people gathering around someone be considered a public meeting? If one were to cite the short duration as a reason to not consider it as a violation, then EC must also tell, what is the cut-off duration!
Legalities:

What constitutes a public meeting?

1. If a celebrity steps out and journalists surround him and ask him questions and the celebrity makes a personal statement., is that public speech? Where is the public?

Journalists + Celebrity does not constitute a public meeting! This followed by live telecasting also does not constitute a public meeting. Each one is a professional.

Due Process:

1. Who is going to conduct the investigation? Gujarat police? What is the timeline? 1 week? 4 weeks? 1 year?

2. Who is the prosecutor? Prosecutor from Govt. of Guj? Where will prosecution take place? In Vadodra civil court?

3. EC cannot be the prosecutor and the judge. EC cannot abrogate itself the authority of a judge.

4. Can EC be the authority that can declare Modi's candidature from Vadodra invalid?

5. Even if EC finds all the section 126 valid, will it go ahead and arrest Modi?

If EC can do all of the above, then during Elections, why is EC not conducting foreign policy?
NaMo has said all cases against MPs will be dealt through special court and decided within a year or so. I have no reason to believe that these first ever FIRs against him would not be sent to the same special courts, set up preferably in each state/UT.

Having got FIR filed, matter is out of EC purview. Once report/Charge-sheet is filed courts will decide. Thereafter it is for the Govt to appeal against the order if it does not go in favour of EC.

EC has no power t arrest. This is an offense which entails max of two years of imprisonment with or without fine. Henceit is not necessary to arrest the accused.

Yes EC has the authority to declare any candidature invalid if it finds that electoral laws are violated. So far it has not shown guts to do that. RO has authority to reject nominations after scrutiny if he finds issues with it. But that stage is over. Now only Court conviction of more than three years would result in automatic disqualification and deemed vacation of the seat.

He was supposed to be out of 200 Mt zone from the Polling Station and hence it is a moot point that any violation took place. Meeting is not allowed but nothing is said about press conference. EC issues press passes for visiting Polling Stations and hence such impromptu press briefing is quite possible and candidate, a Super One at that , is likely to be mobbed by Press. It could be well part of well planned ambush by MSM. Candidate is caught off guard and then trap him.

But no worry, by following upon his promise , he could get more vacancies by next year. He would not suffer any disqualification for that.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

If elements in the EC are so biased, how can we be sure counting will be fair and sound?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

I would say judgement day is coming, even for these EC guys:
First Ever FIR Against Me, I Won't Forget This Day: Narendra Modi
The 63-year-old BJP prime ministerial candidate also said that the FIR showed how shaken the Congress is, observing it was facing defeat and was worried that "a person who (once) eked out his livelihood by selling tea" was challenging it. (Also Read: Congress complains to Election Commission against Narendra Modi)

Addressing a campaign rally in Tirupati, Mr Modi said he has not committed any offence that warranted an FIR and that he only showed a lotus badge to people. Lotus is the symbol of the BJP.

"To date in my entire life, not even a single FIR has been registered against me, not even for wrong-side scooter driving, and not even for wrong parking. Suddenly today when I landed here I came to know that an FIR has been registered against me...I will never forget April 30," he said.

One can understand if someone points (threatens with) a knife, a pistol or a gun (and FIR is registered). But do you know why FIR was registered against me? Because I showed a lotus to the people," he said.
Ominous sounding indeed!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Indeed!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

some ppl made "career limiting moves" as the khanates like to say.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Anantha wrote:On 24th the voting day NM had the Varanasi rally. The voting % increased that day in the evening dramatically post rally. Yesterday he did that conf to be in the news all day, so that no one else occupied the TV space and to keep the opponents unsettled. The guy is a cunning slyfox. Expect more in the next two phases when he will go for a kill.
I don't think 24th voting would have changed significantly with Modi rally, nor would it have changed yesterday with some inadvertant lotus waving by Modi. Suggestions that Namo is resorting to underhand means is not helping him in the least - on the contrary it will provide a boost to the arguments of his opponents.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Nijalingappa wrote:So Adultery is something Adults try with out consequences, but if you do audltrey in Pharma products or food substances I think its cognizable.

If a congress person does it, it is not recognizable I guess
:rotfl: :rotfl:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ShivrajSingh Chouhan ‏@ChouhanShivraj 14h

Can a spontaneous encircling of a VIP by the media be termed as a Press Conference? Lexicon will die of exhaustion.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

^^^^Ha ha. I think the Khangressis kept the rules that way as they were vaibhicharis of the highest order.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

they keep showing haath.. violation too no?
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

I see "workforce optimization" and "resource imbalance correction" happening when Modi takes charge. Pink slip revolution will happen. The shameless corrupt EC Babus who took orders from their political masters will be put in their place.
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

I think you guys are underestimating this. Congress etc. are going to try their best to avoid Modi becoming PM anyway they can. This is a royal unnecessary ****** up. He has to be far more careful than this if he is going to avoid the 1000 traps that are going to be laid out for him. Also, the FIR is not just for waving the lotus but for giving an extended interview.

He is going to have to suck it and apologize to get off without a jail sentence. Yea, life is unfair but you have to choose your battles.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Singha wrote:some ppl made "career limiting moves" as the khanates like to say.
There is no career in GOI after becoming CEC. Constitution guarantees that. This by itself is a career limiting move.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

^^^^Agree with Raja on this. I've said this earlier also. The status of his marriage is another ticking legal time bomb. IMVHO he would've been better off not declaring himself to be married. He was married when he was a minor so the marriage was void ab initio. Now since he admits it could lead to trouble for him. Women can be emotional..... Hope Modiji doesn't have to face 498A and DV bullshit because of this.