Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

ashish raval
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby ashish raval » 10 May 2014 13:18

prahaar wrote:
ramana wrote:Jaitley was on TV saying Congress govt had designated Modi's caste as backward. Who was the CM at that time?

If it is Congress govt, I think it would be Chhabildas Mehta. Shaktisinh Gohil has generated a self-goal by creating a nonsensical-controversy. In no way are Ghanchis, the elites. Although, I agree, that like many other such OBC classified jatis, many Modis do well in business, but not the Modi which NaMo belonged to. In Surat for example, Gola-Ghanchi was a slur term.

True. Although in Gujarat they were historically oil producers and sellers. The reason for their backwardness was attributed to issues of cleanliness surrounding them due to toiling to produce oil. Though they earned decent in the Raj era, their conditions deteriorated with advent of new technology and Patel's who were producers of cottonseed and oil bearing crops took their business away by becoming producers of the finished goods. This led to their decline and subsequently being given obc status.

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Postby JE Menon » 10 May 2014 13:22

Exactly GD... it is eerie indeed. Almost portentous... considering they come from roughly the same neighbourhood. An old civilisational memory reaching out through close on four millennia to touch its deeply wounded progeny...perhaps saying: Remember.

Absolutely the reason why it should be pointed, and even if one extra vote is generated for BJP, what can one say but AoA?

I also need to stress that I'm not the first to see this similarity...

member_22539
BRF Oldie

Postby member_22539 » 10 May 2014 14:00

Singha wrote:eerie similarities now that you say it https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/130/41322 ... 7494a6.jpg

^Holy sh!t, that looks just like Modi. Is all that rebirth stuff for true after all? :shock:

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Postby JE Menon » 10 May 2014 14:02

^^Hmmm.. you just give me a good idea for the copy...

harbans
BRF Oldie

Postby harbans » 10 May 2014 14:09

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 10 May 2014 14:14

CEC Janpath ‏@sureshnakhua 44m

cc @vikramchandra @bdutt MT @DeshGujarat Narendra Modi today concluded his i/w with E TV with a note tht dis ws his last i/w of elexn season
Seems CNN IBN and NDTV will not get i/w with Modi.

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 10 May 2014 14:16

NitiCentral NitiCentral.com 1h
There is only one roadshow | #Cartoon by @ManojKureel http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/10/t ... 22084.html … #NaMoWinsVaranasi #ModifiedKashi #Modi pic.twitter.com/uWi8zUUmzJ

Shaktimaan
BRFite

Postby Shaktimaan » 10 May 2014 14:47

Singha wrote:eerie similarities now that you say it https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/130/41322 ... 7494a6.jpg

Singha Sir, I am reminded of the Bhagvad Gita Chapter 4, Verse 7

"Yadaa yadaa hi dharmasya
glaanirbhavati bhaarata.
Abhyutthaanam adharmasya
tadaatmaanM sRRijaamyaham."

Translation :
Whenever and wherever there is decay
of righteousness, O Bharata,
And a rise of unrighteousness
then I manifest Myself!

There is too much adharma going on in Bharatvarsha right now...

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 10 May 2014 14:52

harbans wrote:Hussian-Modi: India's Milosevic

Please don't give links to such trash. waste of time and unnecessary clicks

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 May 2014 14:59

^+1 only.

Today is the last day of campaigning in GE 2014. Period. Good. NM can go get some much needed R&R for the next few days.

The game will start 6.30 pm on MOnday. Bring it on I say.

P.S.
Saw snippets of NM's UP speech playing on India TV. NM says that the clown prince has never known poverty. That for him, poverty is tourism only, hence the large camera-clad contingent in tow whenever he goes to 'see' the poor... Only.

Raja
BRFite

Postby Raja » 10 May 2014 15:12

Waiting for 5forty3's analysis of the last leg!

Can't believe that it is finallllllllly coming to an end. Excited (and slightly shivering).

Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Postby Dilbu » 10 May 2014 15:15

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 10 May 2014 15:27

The most important thing this election is:

Modi & Shah did not fall for the tricks of PAIDMEDIA.

The PAIDMEDIA used bluff and opinion polls to screw NDA in 2004 and 2009.

The Party cadre and workers became lazy hoping it is all over.

Even though the election schedule was long, BJP worked with a plan in every phase, outwitted the opponents with strategies, kept the killer instinct even in the last stage.

To beat money/muscle/communal power of ITALIANMAFIA and parties like SP,BSP,TMC we needed a tremendous strategy and effort.

harbans
BRF Oldie

Postby harbans » 10 May 2014 16:30

Vivek, the only reason and it's a good one to keep linking some of this trash that has high viewership is that some of us may comment and disprove the many false allegations. Many here are very capable of trashing that piece in a few lines. Those type of comments help many better their perspective. It only helps the Dharmic point of view.

harbans
BRF Oldie

Postby harbans » 10 May 2014 16:30

Meanwhile, the dynasty has beein doing this all the while:

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby jamwal » 10 May 2014 16:56

Can we expect a new series of nuclear weapons test if and when BJP comes to power ?

M Joshi
BRFite

Postby M Joshi » 10 May 2014 17:07

tarun
‏@dreamthatworks
@narendramodi rightly says "News traders" 1.13cr shown as 113cr: SHAME #NaMoWinsVaranasi #MummaSays @BJP4India Delhi pic.twitter.com/Oxw6h3zfDg

James B
BRF Oldie

Postby James B » 10 May 2014 17:09

This is closest to what JEM sir asked for. Can be bettered a little bit more I think.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 May 2014 17:15

^^wa-ow.

sooraj
BRFite

Postby sooraj » 10 May 2014 17:26

I decide monetary policy, govt free to fire me: RBI's Rajan
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/economy/i-decide-monetary-policy-govt-free-to-fire-me-rbis-rajan_1083002.html

"I determine the monetary policy. I say what it is. The government can fire me, but the government doesn't set the monetary policy. So, in that sense, am I independent! Well, I am happy to talk to the government. I am happy to listen to the government but ultimately the interest rate that is set is set by me," he said at St. Gallen Symposium in Switzerland.

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Postby IndraD » 10 May 2014 17:27

Several EVMs found sealed in Banaras even before poll (Zee News)

devesh
BRF Oldie

Postby devesh » 10 May 2014 17:31

seriously, you people need to stop. this euphoria, and messianic worshiping is getting alarming. Narendra Modi is one man. not a God. don't make him one!!

this comparing of him with some idol found in IVC remains is silly. more importantly, we are elevating this man to a stature that need not be done. it only increases the chance of his elimination. and it also paints saffron entirely with whatever he does. that is a dangerous risk.

Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Postby Dilbu » 10 May 2014 17:34

Saffron is associated with whatever BRF does? Come on saar peeareeff is not that important.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Postby chaanakya » 10 May 2014 17:37

Listen to 10 Sampath on IBN with Turdesai explaining clean chit to RaGa in EVM Enclosure case.
6.30 IST.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 May 2014 17:41

Re that IVC idol.... seems to me if all goes well and a Modi premiership does finish the Pak menace permanently ... then a Mt Rushmore redux with that ido's face in newly liberated Gilgit-Baltistan is not unthinkable now, innit?

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Postby chaanakya » 10 May 2014 17:43

sooraj wrote:I decide monetary policy, govt free to fire me: RBI's Rajan
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/economy/i-decide-monetary-policy-govt-free-to-fire-me-rbis-rajan_1083002.html

"I determine the monetary policy. I say what it is. The government can fire me, but the government doesn't set the monetary policy. So, in that sense, am I independent! Well, I am happy to talk to the government. I am happy to listen to the government but ultimately the interest rate that is set is set by me," he said at St. Gallen Symposium in Switzerland.

This guy needs to be fired before he creates political storm for the new govt. All stooges of previous regime needs to go to cold storage.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Postby Pratyush » 10 May 2014 17:48

Wtf is wrong with the RBI governor. Is he of the opinion that he is God's gift to India. If that's the case. We are better off without him.

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Postby IndraD » 10 May 2014 17:48

singha ji if you twitter account pls tweet , it is amazing !!!!HOw did you stumble upon?

James B
BRF Oldie

Postby James B » 10 May 2014 17:49

A better one

JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Postby JwalaMukhi » 10 May 2014 17:53

chaanakya wrote:

This guy needs to be fired before he creates political storm for the new govt. All stooges of previous regime needs to go to cold storage.

This is a classic case of things getting to one's head. Everyone is dispensable. If RBI governor thinks is the ONE and ONLY one, and trying truth or dare, he must swiftly be granted his wish. I bet he would never try that stupid daring trick in other corporate settings. Retribution for such bravado would be swift and he would put out to pasture in a blink of an eye.
Whether stooge or not of this government, he needs to vacate to give a clean slate for the next formation.

JohnTitor
BRFite

Postby JohnTitor » 10 May 2014 17:59

jamwal wrote:Can we expect a new series of nuclear weapons test if and when BJP comes to power ?

I hope so. It would send a message that India will not wilt against US pressure. Secondly, it will put an end to all the "the first test was a dud" talk.

devesh wrote:seriously, you people need to stop. this euphoria, and messianic worshiping is getting alarming. Narendra Modi is one man. not a God. don't make him one!!.

I agree with this bit. I think people should stop looking up to him as a saviour of sorts. But then again, india has not seen such a powerful leader in a long long time - last I remember, we had the greats like Sri Aurobindo and Bose etc..

Indians have been worshipping the mohandas "slap my other cheek" gandi types for so long, it brings intense happiness and euphoria that the true patriots can still rule india.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/econom ... 83002.html

Agreed, NM can get rid of this guy once hes at the helm.

abhik
BRF Oldie

Postby abhik » 10 May 2014 18:00

James B wrote:A better one

http://i.imgur.com/Ki3m7SH.jpg

PM till 2019 onlee?

Neela
BRF Oldie

Postby Neela » 10 May 2014 18:05

Looks like RBI governor is coming to terms with a BJP led govt. Why this sudden puffing of the chest? Does he already know his time is limited?

habal
BRF Oldie

Postby habal » 10 May 2014 18:06

Recently SBI announced a shady scheme of tactical sellout of small depositors and small loans to "Reliance Money" supposedly belonging to 'Anil Ambani Group'.

I feel many such shady moves may be in store if this ego-maniac RBI governor is still around to do his master's bidding. It is also proof of India having sold out RBI to the Feds/IMF/WB controlling lobby. It is easier said than done, since one of their mouthpiece has already threated 'downgrade of Indian bonds' if Raghuram Rajan is shown the door.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 797954.cms

Replacing RBI governor Raghuram Rajan may lead to a sovereign rating downgrade: HDFC Chairman Deepak Parekh

panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Postby panduranghari » 10 May 2014 18:07

Pratyush wrote:Wtf is wrong with the RBI governor. Is he of the opinion that he is God's gift to India. If that's the case. We are better off without him.

He is the $IMF cabals plant into India. Look at his CV.

brat
BRFite

Postby brat » 10 May 2014 18:08

This comment is taken out of context (imho), I did see this interview on BBC where he made this comment & the Qs were related to him and Chidu's working relationship.
Last edited by brat on 10 May 2014 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Postby JE Menon » 10 May 2014 18:11

Abhik,

PM not yet, maybe in 2014 or 2019 - so it's a bit of a fudge.

Devesh,

I'm the last one to go for hero-worshipping... but on the other hand, even if one vote can be secured with a powerful image, I don't see why not... I have been clear about my political leanings... Others, feeling for the current administration, are free to come up with ideas and go for it...

Now it is up to the socmed warriors (and warriers :D) to do the needful...

Saral
BRFite

Postby Saral » 10 May 2014 18:14

I doubt very much that RRajan will be let go.

Concerns about Rajan's removal had risen after BJP leaders, including party treasurer Piyush Goyal and senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley, had expressed disquiet over his policy of keeping interest rates high to curb inflation, leading to speculation the governor may be replaced. But Goyal has since changed his stance to indicate Rajan will continue. Former finance minister Yashwant Sinha of BJP has also praised Rajan's achievements since taking charge.

Actually this is a perfect item for GJP.

JohnTitor
BRFite

Postby JohnTitor » 10 May 2014 18:30

brat wrote:

This comment is taken out of context (imho), I did see this interview on BBC where he made this comment & the Qs were related to him and Chidu's working relationship.

which program was the interview on, newsnight?? Is there a link online?

Return to “BR Nostalgia Archive”