Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

sivab
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby sivab » 14 May 2014 03:38

SaiK wrote:http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140514/jsp/frontpage/story_18340028.jsp
Modi keen to nip dual axis

That article is non-sensical plant.

Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Postby Agnimitra » 14 May 2014 03:49

Atish Taseer's advice to Modi: The Light of Benares
Modi, if he is to bring profound change, must not go the Erdogan or Rajapaksa route. Because the conditions for the emergence of that kind of leader do exist in India

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Postby Vayutuvan » 14 May 2014 03:50

sudarshan wrote:Ah-ha! Now it's in the open. Make the view mainstream, coin the term "Hindu-hater," and put these people on the back-foot. The game is just beginning.

Far from being an "incorrect interpretation," this is a cornerstone of Western policy, and not just in India.

Anybody to be tarred with "sexist", "racist", "homophobe", and the brahmAstra "antisemitism" is a career finishing event. "anti-hindu"s in top positions are dime a dozen. It should be elevated to atealst the level of "homophobe" in its pungency.
But going whole hog (pun intended) issuing fatwas etc. a la malsI lacidar is against our Hindu sense of fair play, plurality of thought love for skepticism.

devesh
BRF Oldie

Postby devesh » 14 May 2014 03:55

Agnimitra wrote:Atish Taseer's advice to Modi: The Light of Benares
Modi, if he is to bring profound change, must not go the Erdogan or Rajapaksa route. Because the conditions for the emergence of that kind of leader do exist in India

Atish must enlighten us as to how Erdogan has harmed Turkey, and how Rajapaksha has harmed SL. in both cases, the two nations have successfully eliminated their internal thorns and have become "more" secure.

as such, the Islamic "conservatism" is not what BJP or saffron is about. so that is not something I worry about.

Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Postby Agnimitra » 14 May 2014 04:25

devesh wrote:Atish must enlighten us as to how Erdogan has harmed Turkey, and how Rajapaksha has harmed SL. in both cases, the two nations have successfully eliminated their internal thorns and have become "more" secure.

Erdogan has definitely harmed Turkey in some ways. It may be more 'secure' in some overt ways, but that security comes at the cost of chronic protectionism, an overwhelmingly conspiratorial social discourse, and a lot of cognitive dissonance in its relationship with what it is teaching its people to consider the 'Other'. It is the insecurity in what it withholds rather than its overt security that will bear fruit in time...
devesh wrote:as such, the Islamic "conservatism" is not what BJP or saffron is about. so that is not something I worry about.

I and many others do worry about it. Because we feel that 'Hindutva' must be lead by the true 'fundamentalists' and shepherded by the 'reformists' - with the 'traditionalist' ballast only used to keep it stable and centered and as a resource to harvest good memes from. Instead, if the 'traditionalist' types take the lead in defining social and educational agenda, then this country will be in trouble.

Triangulating Hindutva: The Fundamentalist, Reformist & Traditionalist

Atish Taseer is an example of an Indic deracinate who is coming full circle, from rootlessness back to the soil.

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 14 May 2014 04:56

sivab wrote:http://deshgujarat.com/2014/05/14/narendra-modis-sister-vasantiben/

Narendra Modi’s sister Vasantiben

A Gujarati news channel on Tuesday did a story on Narendra Modi’s sister. Vasantiben, Narendra Modi’s only sister lives in a small town Visnagar in north Gujarat. She spends her life like any other middle class woman in semi-urban Gujarat. She is married to retired LIC employee Hasmukhbhai. Vasantiben visits her brother Narendrabhai once every year in Gandhinagar on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan. She is confident that Narendrabhai will become Prime Minister. She says, in that case she will visit Delhi to tie Rakhi. Like Narendrabhai’s mother and brothers, Vasantiben also lives low profile life. When she walks on street for routine work, people hardly identify her as India’s most popular leader’s sister. Vasantiben says, when his brother took oath as Chief Minister for the first time, she had done Rajtilak on brother’s forehead, now he is all set to become the Prime Minister.

What a contrast to dienasty.

But but DORBNAB doesn't appreciate or cover them unless they are slim,light skin is exceptionally smooth, graceful,look like Indiraji.

He needs some masala in the studio to go back to action at home :rotfl:

Every man in these studios has his priorities.

Gus
BRF Oldie

Postby Gus » 14 May 2014 05:11

devesh wrote:Atish must enlighten us as to how Erdogan has harmed Turkey, and how Rajapaksha has harmed SL. in both cases, the two nations have successfully eliminated their internal thorns and have become "more" secure.

as such, the Islamic "conservatism" is not what BJP or saffron is about. so that is not something I worry about.

don't know about erdogan. maybe JEM can comment.

but do you really want to be explained about rajapakshe's handling of SL tamils (note - civilians, not ltte)?

in SL, tamils are second class citizens in many respects.

modi himself has not said anything about making any group as second class.

do you want any group in india to be second class? come out and say so if you do want that.

Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Postby Kakkaji » 14 May 2014 05:39

Modi always says every citizen of India has the same rights.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Postby KLNMurthy » 14 May 2014 06:31

Agnimitra wrote:Atish Taseer's advice to Modi: The Light of Benares

Atish must enlighten us as to how Erdogan has harmed Turkey, and how Rajapaksha has harmed SL. in both cases, the two nations have successfully eliminated their internal thorns and have become "more" secure.

Modi is Erdogan of India or Modi is Rajapaksha of India or Putin of India are all lazy analogies that don't take into account core differences between semitic / feudal / western thinking and Indian thought.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Postby Vayutuvan » 14 May 2014 06:34

Agnimitra wrote:Because we feel that 'Hindutva' must be lead by the true 'fundamentalists' and shepherded by the 'reformists' - with the 'traditionalist' ballast only used to keep it stable and centered and as a resource to harvest good memes from.

I am a little unsettled with the word "fundamentalists". Hindu philosophy is anything but (when you take the usual definition of fundamentalism). Reform is natural and progressive (not that "progressive" AKA rabid left). Tradition has to be eschewed only when it is harmful. There are many hindu traditions that are good and do not conflict with secularism as opposed to "secularism".

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Postby Vayutuvan » 14 May 2014 06:35

KLNMurthy wrote:Modi is Erdogan of India or Modi is Rajapaksha of India or Putin of India are all lazy analogies that don't take into account core differences between semitic / feudal / western thinking and Indian thought.

Very well put. +1116

member_22733
BRF Oldie

Postby member_22733 » 14 May 2014 06:38

The leftwing,west-phillic and islamophillic fascist will already have planned their next moves by now. One Mr. Poonwallah has decided to move to countercurrents.org. Expect such comparisons with Hitler and the accusation of 'dictator' to reach a fever pitch pretty soon:

http://www.countercurrents.org/poonawalla120514.htm

This is a subliminal signal to the western elites that India is in dire straits and in need of interference from the west.

Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Postby Agnimitra » 14 May 2014 06:40

matrimc wrote:I am a little unsettled with the word "fundamentalists". Hindu philosophy is anything but (when you take the usual definition of fundamentalism). Reform is natural and progressive (not that "progressive" AKA rabid left). Tradition has to be eschewed only when it is harmful. There are many hindu traditions that are good and do not conflict with secularism as opposed to "secularism".

Yes matrimc ji, Hindu 'fundamentalism' is not the same as Abrahamic fundamentalisms. That's he point I make in the linked blogpost.

KLNMurthy ji, true, and I think Atish Taseer has that confidence. But no harm in citing words of caution, because obscurantism is not alien to India, though we have a better immune system against it.

a_bharat
BRFite

Postby a_bharat » 14 May 2014 06:48

Madhu Kishwar @madhukishwar
Modi indeed polarized India- all rogues, communal, corrupt politicians against Modi- all those wanting peaceful prosperous India with Modi

sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Postby sudarshan » 14 May 2014 07:02

RajeshA wrote:sudarshan ji, vivek.rao ji,

some thoughts on "Hindu-hater" in the Bharatiya Thread

Sure, let me get my thoughts straight. Also a couple of days to see whether the elections really go the way we wish. Got some plans after that. We'll see.

devesh
BRF Oldie

Postby devesh » 14 May 2014 07:10

Gus wrote:

don't know about erdogan. maybe JEM can comment.

but do you really want to be explained about rajapakshe's handling of SL tamils (note - civilians, not ltte)?

in SL, tamils are second class citizens in many respects.

modi himself has not said anything about making any group as second class.

do you want any group in india to be second class? come out and say so if you do want that.

Hindus are second class citizens in Kashmir. why are you acting as if somehow this is something new in India? and per the Assam govt's behavior, Bodos are second class citizens when compared to Muslims.

this is nothing new. in India, has been going on for at least 25 years now. and considering that you've been perfectly alright with it, please get off your high horse.

Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Postby Dilbu » 14 May 2014 07:19

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 14 May 2014 07:22

Reuters spewing bile again trying to link muslim ghettos with namo policies.
always trying to,portray these self chosen oil droplets with enforced ghettoization of jews they did.

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Postby kmkraoind » 14 May 2014 07:27

I think Yogendra Yadav has Shukracharya amsha. His sole aim is subjugation of Dharmic forces. To achieve that aim he just hops from one adharmic group (Sonia Gang) to another adharmic group (Crayzwal).

Gus
BRF Oldie

Postby Gus » 14 May 2014 07:42

devesh wrote:
Hindus are second class citizens in Kashmir. why are you acting as if somehow this is something new in India? and per the Assam govt's behavior, Bodos are second class citizens when compared to Muslims.

this is nothing new. in India, has been going on for at least 25 years now. and considering that you've been perfectly alright with it, please get off your high horse.

Stay with the logic here. Quite simple.

Concern is - modi should not become like rajapakshe.

You say 'what's wrong with rajapakshe'

I say 'rajapakshe treats SL Tamil civilians as second class'

You have two choices

1. No rajapakshe does not do anything like that. So concern of modi becoming like that is not applicable.

Or

2. Rajapakshe treating SL Tamils as second class is good. What is wrong if modi is like that. I want modi to do what he does.

Instead you go on some silly tangent on asking me if I am OK with Hindus being second class. Well I am not. Is that out of the way? Now please answer why modi should be like rajapakshe.

member_23365
BRFite

Postby member_23365 » 14 May 2014 08:06

So this is the Congi game plan to stall Namo
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 090895.cms

I thought Pranabda is good fella.
please shed some light..

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Postby Karan M » 14 May 2014 08:08

He is a congressi

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 14 May 2014 08:19

some of the most charismatic and powerful leaders in our history have been asuric in disposition - Jarasandha, Kamsa, Hiranyayaksha, Hiranyayakshipu(his brother)....

it usually takes the appearance of a character like Narasimha with a frightening peal of laughter to quell such demonic forces.

Victor
BRF Oldie

Postby Victor » 14 May 2014 08:25

I'd be watching with great interest which countries NaMo decides to visit before he goes to NYC for UN meeting later this year as the leader of World's Largest Democracy. My list in order of visit is:
1. Japan
2. Russia
3. China
4. Iran
5. Vietnam, Mongolia, S. Korea, Singapore
6. Germany
7. Brazil
8. France
9. UK
10. US
Last edited by Victor on 14 May 2014 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 14 May 2014 08:27

atamjeetsingh wrote:So this is the Congi game plan to stall Namo

please shed some light..

Pray that NDA has very clear majorityPranab just blew his chances for second term.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 14 May 2014 08:35

Ramana - pls add Taiwan , Vietnam, Singapore and South Korea also ahead of Iran...perhaps in a single longish trip
south africa and kenya as well somewhere.
push the US and UK out of the list, there is no need for state visits

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 14 May 2014 08:54

ramana wrote:
atamjeetsingh wrote:So this is the Congi game plan to stall Namo

please shed some light..

Pray that NDA has very clear majority.Pranab just blew his chances for second term.

NDA not getting 272+ would cause disbelief of the highest order and anguish among ordinary folks and would create doubts about the whole process of elections and democracy in India. Nobody on the street believes NDA getting below 272 or NaMo not becoming the PM.
There is no way other than EVM magic that NDA is going below 272+.

Pranab Babu anyways was never coming back again. He is a Congressi and was part of the cabal when Bharat was being looted by all and sundry.
For next Prez, LKA is the right choice. Nowadays even 'Sickular' folks find him a statesman and competent leader..no :)

PS: NDA will lose only.. :((

Victor
BRF Oldie

Postby Victor » 14 May 2014 08:57

Shia Iran is crucial to swing the pendulum back from MMS days and for oil barter. Agree that Vietnam should be in that list with a SE Asia swing including S. Korea and Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia for the same reason. Mongolia would be another country to visit before US, home of the Great Kublai Khan and the feared Mongols gone Dharmic.

negi
BRF Oldie

Postby negi » 14 May 2014 08:59

Pranab da is Vidur of Mahabharat at the end of the day he shall remain loyal to the blind Dhritrashtra , rashtra gaya tel lene.

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Postby SaiK » 14 May 2014 09:13

shakuni kaun hai?

member_28352
BRFite

Postby member_28352 » 14 May 2014 09:26

^^^Digvijay Singh !!!

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 14 May 2014 09:26

LokeshC wrote:The leftwing,west-phillic and islamophillic fascist will already have planned their next moves by now. One Mr. Poonwallah has decided to move to countercurrents.org. Expect such comparisons with Hitler and the accusation of 'dictator' to reach a fever pitch pretty soon:

http://www.countercurrents.org/poonawalla120514.htm

This is a subliminal signal to the western elites that India is in dire straits and in need of interference from the west.

I think they are even more sinister.

1) First they were under Kalmadi in Pune.
2) After that they were working with Kalmadi in CWG. (CBI was investigating their role)
3) Then started working under Digvijay who gave them responsibility for UP elections even though Rahul was against this. They were responsible for strategy, operations and even training senior leaders.
4) They were also part of media panel along with senior leaders like Salman Khurshid, Shri Prakash Jaiswal, Rita Bahuguna, Pramod Tiwari, PL Punia, Jagdnbika Pal etc.
5) Then even after UP election failure they found their way into Delhi/Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee.
6) They are Poonawallas from Pune, Hassan Ali Khan was also based in Pune and is related to Poonawalla family.

CT: their real job was/is related to $$, bringing in and taking it out of India.

Kalmadi's men
archive.indianexpress.com

MP from Pune Suresh Kalmadi may no longer be active in Congress circles following his role in the alleged irregularities in CWG Games, but two of his aides — Shehzad Poonawalla and Tehseen Poonawalla — are holding fort for him in Delhi. They can be seen hanging around senior leaders at the party headquarters at 24, Akbar Road and at ministers' offices and residences. They recently hosted a party in Pune to celebrate the launch of a book written by a close aide of Rahul Gandhi. While senior party leaders have woken up to the activities of these self-styled Congressmen and scoff at their presence around them, the grapevine has it that one of the brothers is under active consideration for induction in the party's minority department. It would be quite a leap for Kalmadi protege whose attempt to enter the party's war room had been successfully resisted by party functionaries.

City brothers in UP Cong's armoury
dnasyndication.com | Feb 23rd 2012
The ongoing election battle in Uttar Pradesh, which has the entire nation's attention, has a Pune gene at the heart of the Congress party's relentless
campaigning.
As Rahul Gandhi is going all out to revive the party, which has remained out of power since 22 years in India's largest state, helping him in this mission are two Pune brothers — Tehseen and Shehzad Poonawalla.
The duo have been camping in Lucknow as part of Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh's core team members. Shehzad, the younger of the two and a law graduate from city's ILS Law College, was entrusted to set up a call centre at the Lucknow headquarters of Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) to cater exclusively to the 357 candidates of the party.
[..]
On the other hand, his elder brother, Tehseen, is quite popular in the city's social scene.
He is now a regular face on top news channels' prime-time debate shows.
Entrusted with the responsibility of overseeing the media operations for the elections, the 29-year-old says: "I am not a part of the Congress, but have been brought in professionally to do political analysis and to form a 'think thank' to chalk out the media strategy. Apart from that, my team decides on what issues to take up and on what issues to attack the opposition with."
Tehseen reports directly to Digvijaya Singh and works along with minister for parliamentary affairs, Rajeev Shukla, to handle the media locally and nationally. The two Puneites also train various party spokespersons and leaders on how to talk to the masses and the media in the state.
But controversy seems to have caught up. According to news reports doing the rounds in the capital, there is a CBI Inquiry on Tehseen for discrepancies found in the Commonwealth Games Organising Advisory Committee.
Tehseen says, "I rendered my services to the games pro-bono and let me state categorically that my name does not figure on the CBI list. I am in Lucknow and will deal with these rumours once I am back in Delhi and Pune."

Hassan Ali Khan-Fiction or Fact

Hasan Ali Khan or Syed Mohammed Hassan Ali Khan is a 56-year-oldstud-farm owner based in India and allegedly worth USD 8-9 billion or more.This was disclosed in the list of defaulters in the Rajya Sabha on 4 August 2009, by the Minister of State for Finance S.S. Palanimanickamin a written reply that Hassan Ali Khan tops the list of tax defaulterswith an outstanding arrear of more than Rs 50,000 crore. Former UnionMinister and BJP MP Arun Shourie said that Ali Khan has been known tobe connected to underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, known to have beenchannelling very large amounts from unknown sources into the Indianstock market and had 8 to 9 billion dollars in the UBS and other banksof Switzerland, and has been responsible for hawala transactions of over Rs. 35,000 crore through Swiss banks.Hailing from a Hyderabadi family based at Musheerabad, Hasan Ali hasa brother and four sisters. Born in 1953 and brought up in Hyderabad,Khan lived with his wife Mahbooba Khan in the posh Banjara Hillsbefore he divorced her and shifted to Pune 10 years ago after marrying his present wife Rheema, sister of a horse-trainer, Faisal Abbas andr elated to the famous Poonawalla family of Pune.

And just yesterday:
$ 8-bn hype balloon bursts: Govt finds nothing against Hasan Ali
financialexpress.com | May 13th 2014 10:04 PM

Last edited by anmol on 14 May 2014 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

member_28352
BRFite

Postby member_28352 » 14 May 2014 09:30

On a serious note those that send these posts to Namo's team please take note of this skullduggery that is happening right in front of our eyes.
In a first, collegium moots two lawyers as Supreme Court judges
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 078900.cms
Both Subramaniam and Nariman have been AGs/SGs and are needed for questioning in 2G and Coal scams. In this respect four SC judges conspiring to get these people out of the line of inquiry is a bit dubious. One could even demand their impeachment.

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Postby Karan M » 14 May 2014 09:31

negi wrote:Pranab da is Vidur of Mahabharat at the end of the day he shall remain loyal to the blind Dhritrashtra , rashtra gaya tel lene.

Kuldeep Nayyar has an interesting portion in his book about how he used to visit Pranab in his house, and after Pranab got into good graces of INC leadership, everything in his home went from tikau middle class to imported cutlery and lavish furnishings. Basically Pranab has made enough and then some.

Kuldeep Nayar wrote:Pranab Mukherjee
Austerity to Opulence

I recall his phone call to the Statesman when I was resident editor, requesting me to have tea at his house. He held no government office then. We three, including his wife, sat on the floor and sipped tea.... They had very little furniture and no servant.... His wife was a struggling dancer seeking to gain recognition. When he requested me to give her publicity, I realised why he had invited me. I met the same Mukherjee some years later during Emergency. His house exuded opulence...the sitting room was cluttered with stylish furniture, plush carpets and sparkling silver. He was then commerce minister.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?281456

SanjayC
BRFite

Postby SanjayC » 14 May 2014 09:40

Narendra Modi’s sister Vasantiben

A Gujarati news channel on Tuesday did a story on Narendra Modi’s sister. Vasantiben, Narendra Modi’s only sister lives in a small town Visnagar in north Gujarat. She spends her life like any other middle class woman in semi-urban Gujarat. She is married to retired LIC employee Hasmukhbhai. Vasantiben visits her brother Narendrabhai once every year in Gandhinagar on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan. She is confident that Narendrabhai will become Prime Minister. She says, in that case she will visit Delhi to tie Rakhi. Like Narendrabhai’s mother and brothers, Vasantiben also lives low profile life. When she walks on street for routine work, people hardly identify her as India’s most popular leader’s sister. Vasantiben says, when his brother took oath as Chief Minister for the first time, she had done Rajtilak on brother’s forehead, now he is all set to become the Prime Minister.

Hope proper security is provided to Modi's blood relations -- they can be taken out in a terrorist strike to spite him and show his administration as weak.

sum
BRF Oldie

Postby sum » 14 May 2014 09:56

This has to cause a dhoti-shiver in every trader in Dilli:
I Will Break the Delhi Cabal of Status Quoists

Look at what’s happening in the Capital; Delhi is being controlled by a cabal that has vested interests in the status quo. I will break the status quo. That must be making them uncomfortable and prompting them to level unsubstantiated charges against me.

Acche din aayenge 16th ke baad

devesh
BRF Oldie

Postby devesh » 14 May 2014 10:14

let's see how Modi reacts to the spate of appointments by INC in the last few days. I believe that change either starts on day 1 or it will never come. at least not to the extent that we expect.

Modi and BJP need to be able to strike down these appointments without doing "log kya kahenge" nautanki. if they can't even go for such a relatively minor step in the right direction, there is no reason to believe they will have the balls to do the bigger stuff like repealing Article 370 or anything of similar value.

Sumeet
BRFite

Postby Sumeet » 14 May 2014 10:50

I agree with whoever said LKA should be President. Can someone tweet this idea to BJP leadership and Mrs Lekhi ?

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Postby KLNMurthy » 14 May 2014 10:52

Agnimitra wrote:
matrimc wrote:I am a little unsettled with the word "fundamentalists". Hindu philosophy is anything but (when you take the usual definition of fundamentalism). Reform is natural and progressive (not that "progressive" AKA rabid left). Tradition has to be eschewed only when it is harmful. There are many hindu traditions that are good and do not conflict with secularism as opposed to "secularism".

Yes matrimc ji, Hindu 'fundamentalism' is not the same as Abrahamic fundamentalisms. That's he point I make in the linked blogpost.

KLNMurthy ji, true, and I think Atish Taseer has that confidence. But no harm in citing words of caution, because obscurantism is not alien to India, though we have a better immune system against it.

Not denying obscutantism in general, but Modi himself is a very unique product of a modern Indic upbringing. Aatish's fears about Modi, expressed in that particular way, tell me that he ( the finest of his class by a mile) still doesn't have the Indic instincts to "get" his country's culture, though he deserves credit for working hard for self-education.

If there is one lesson here, it is that the Aatish class is ultimately useless for India. Malcolm X once reduced a well-meaning white liberal girl to tears by telling her there is no useful role she can play for the betterment of racial relations. Aatishes are in a similar position with respect to India.

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Postby Sanku » 14 May 2014 11:17

Sumeet wrote:I agree with whoever said LKA should be President. Can someone tweet this idea to BJP leadership and Mrs Lekhi ?

FYI -- Modi has already been asked this on 2-3 nationally telecast interviews.

Return to “BR Nostalgia Archive”