Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

member_28025
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by member_28025 »

In one of his interviews Arun Shourie was saying how the Rajya Sabha can be bypassed. If I understood him correctly he said that if the bill was passed in the Loksabha and also approved at the state level, it could directly go to the President for approval without going through the Rajyasabha.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Atri you are missing the point. It's not about how many times the uniform is used but the image even that uniform portrays. Kindly stop being so defensive and needlessly antagonistic with claims of keyboard defenders etc and try to understand that times are changing. BTW it was the keyboard defenders, mktg white collar professionals who ran the BJPs campaign to the people agains a hostile MSM. If you think that the Sangh is somehow physically demanding and the youth don't like that, please. Take a look anytime at the burgeoning attendance in all sorts of martial arts classes and the like. Many are into yoga and many other pursuits. In short ideal for the Sangh to bring all those aspects together and educate them.

Instead, Thanks to new age cool type stuff, many impressionable youth are taken in by EJ groups via targeted outreach events. Folks like you who claim all is well and refuse to change will then bemoan how the youth are not patriotic, don't appreciate their culture and won't live the Sangh ideal etc. even as they are then hooked into a culture and lifestyle that is opposite to the Indian ideal. I do hope that folks from the Sangh are not as brazenly dismissive as you are of alternative viewpoints. Because at the end of the day, even people sympathetic to their cause have their own lives to lead.

It took a Modi this time to have the youth flock to a nationalist banner because he understood the pulse of today and ran a campaign accordingly.
Last edited by Karan M on 15 May 2014 10:10, edited 2 times in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Public Announcement on - Ache Din aane wale hain
--------------------------------------------------------

Married men are advised not to have wet dreams and wait for 16th May 2014. Whether it is of NaMo or Rahul or Turd Front, At home, Sarakar will be of Biwi (Wife) onlee and your status will remain same as of ManMohan Singh....

Theek Hai !!
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

It you are talking of once a year parade event, they are planing to introduce full pants from next year or so.

For seva karya, shorts are useful. Most have khaki bermudas. It is easier to move around in calamity like say uttaranchal floods or even chennai blasts (sangh volunteers were among first ones to reach chennai station and start seva-kaarya).

And its not at all mandatory. They tried to do it in Sudarshan era for an year or so and failed miserably. I have been attending shakhas in jeans and t-shirt (except days when we play physically demanding games) for long time.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

SanjayC wrote: RSS shorts are not shorts -- they are too wide and if you sit, your nuts show.
:mrgreen: :rotfl:
Yes, track suit is suitable for rough and tumble of a shakha meet while also being smart. I'm guessing they would look great in dark khaki, which is a unique Indian color. Change topi color and design to look like the smart caps shown here. Uniforms are important and engender camaraderie. I fondly remember NCC air wing days in blue shorts, black belt, long dark socks, black shoes, dark blue topi.
Last edited by Victor on 15 May 2014 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

It took a Modi this time to have the youth flock to a nationalist banner.
Exactly youth didn't care jackshit about Advani and his ilk of sangh idealists. Modi showed them what they wanted and waht he will help them to achieve. If you go to the youth wearing 1920 style bermuda and tell them about bhagvad geeta you will end up like Kejriwal. Different problems need different solutions. Only the most flexible will survive. Sanatana dharma which survived millenia did it by being flexible. It is ironic to see that those who claim to defend it are behaving exactly the opposite most of the time.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Victor wrote:
SanjayC wrote: RSS shorts are not shorts -- they are too wide and if you sit, your nuts show.
:mrgreen: :rotfl:
Yes, track suit is suitable for rough and tumble of a shakha meet while also being smart. I'm guessing they would look great in dark khaki, which is a unique Indian color. Change topi color and design to look like the smart caps shown here.
Exactly. Also the RSS needs to up its legal representation 10x against slander by MSM. Today's world is dominated by mktg outreach and the urban voter is very susceptible. I have lost count of the number of times I have heard the same old propaganda against the Sangh from a bunch of mass outlets and the Rss doesn't even respond bar one two exceptions.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Just one point in this dress discussion, these should be made of khadi, double benefit :)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Dilbu wrote:
Exactly youth didn't care jackshit about Advani and his ilk of sangh idealists. Modi showed them what they wanted and waht he will help them to achieve. If you go to the youth wearing 1920 style bermuda and tell them about bhagvad geeta you will end up like Kejriwal. Different problems need different solutions. Only the most flexible will survive. Sanatana dharma which survived millenia did it by being flexible. It is ironic to see that those who claim to defend it are behaving exactly the opposite most of the time.
And the most flexible young generation is adamant about kakhi shorts; especially when they wear shorts all year around?

Its funny to learn some kakhi shorts are what stopping India becoming Bharat!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Dilbu wrote:
Bingo! What's worse is when those on their side attempt to make them understand, they are dismissed abruptly. So all the twitter, FB, white collar folks who slogged to counter anti Modi propaganda will be told they are keyboard warriors and aren't truly living dharma etc. Recipe for disaster.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

SanjayC wrote:
By sanghi clothing and appearance are we talking about the current topi, short pant, chappal? If so, agree it needs a makeover. However, shorts are a practical outfit in India and were/are used in the Afrika Corps, Israeli army and kibbutzim.
In winter months, shorts are impractical. RSS shorts are not shorts -- they are too wide and if you sit, your nuts show. These kind of shorts were in fashion in 1920s when RSS was formed and this kind of clothing was no longer considered indecent. Khakhi half pants with T-shirt (in summers) or shirt (in winters) and boots are much better. Will look cool too for the young generation.
++100

In nearly hundred years, ever since RSS came into existence, a lot of things have changed - including dress code and fashion. it is better for RSS to keep up with time. Otherwise it'll look like middle aged mamis, whereas all the actions will be with teens.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

RamaY wrote: And the most flexible young generation is adamant about kakhi shorts; especially when they wear shorts all year around?

Its funny to learn some kakhi shorts are what stopping India becoming Bharat!
Funny or not, what SanjayC wrote is exactly the fact. Those particular ones are outdated and expose more than they conceal.

It's not about shorts etc btw, but about mindset. You can chip away at it one stone at a time. BTW when Sangh adopted that dress, it too was based off the then militia not some ancient bharatiya dress. Check out Brit military uniforms of that era.

You need a modern dress which youth can proudly wear and interact with their peer group. Much like gym clothes etc.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Karan M wrote:Atri you are missing the point. It's not about how many times the uniform is used but the image even that uniform portrays. Kindly stop being so defensive and needlessly antagonistic with claims of keyboard defenders etc and try to understand that times are changing. BTW it was the keyboard defenders, mktg white collar professionals who ran the BJPs campaign to the people agains a hostile MSM. If you think that the Sangh is somehow physically demanding and the youth don't like that, please. Take a look anytime at the burgeoning attendance in all sorts of martial arts classes and the like. Many are into yoga and many other pursuits. In short ideal for the Sangh to bring all those aspects together and educate them.

Instead, Thanks to new age cool type stuff, many impressionable youth are taken in by EJ groups via targeted outreach events. Folks like you who claim all is well and refuse to change will then bemoan how the youth are not patriotic, don't appreciate their culture and won't live the Sangh ideal etc. even as they are then hooked into a culture and lifestyle that is opposite to the Indian ideal. I do hope that folks from the Sangh are not as brazenly dismissive as you are of alternative viewpoints. Because at the end of the day, even people sympathetic to their cause have their own lives to lead.

It took a Modi this time to have the youth flock to a nationalist banner because he understood the pulse of today and ran a campaign accordingly.
Precisely my point..

Those who helped BJP in this campaign were helping BJP and not attending shakhas. I, along with million of others like me, too were part of this. All were ordinary normally dressed abduls doing their bit for rashtra.

Same goes with person running an ekal-vidyalaya in tribal area. He is NOT dressed in khaki shorts. An ABVP member does not wear khaki short while attending colleges and organizing ABVP meetings in universities. A Mazdur union member does not go to work OR arbitrate with company managements wearing khaki shorts. RSS expects its swayamsevak to be completely part of the organization one belongs to. RSS is obliged only to see the sanskaaras displayed by the swayamsevak. as simple as that.

What you said about martial arts classes is precisely my point. While going to karate classes, ppl wear japanese kimono, no matter how ridiculous it looks in Indian context, do they not? Why because it is convenient. It is made to look cool.

No one has made it mandatory to wear khaki shorts in sangh. I do not understand this kolaveri. Come in best tuxedo if you wish to, saar who's stopping you. One can wear any piece of clothing which is comfortable for physical games. I am also saying hardly any one wears khaki shorts (while most do wear shorts) because it is convenient to play games in. And the ridicule of libtards aimed at Sangh as "Chaddiwalas" is not because they wear khaki shorts. It is because they are the most potent PIF force on ground and almost every sphere of human existence which has preserved dharmik point of view with force and rigor and it poses challenge to the hegemony of "breaking india forces" as RM would put it. Had they been wearing tuxedos, RSS would have been still ridiculed as tuxedowalas by agents of AIF.

There is IT-Milan (a new form of Shakha for IT professionals in IT hubs) held once oR twice a week where IT abduls attend shakha and exercise. They all come in track-pants because in IT-Milan shakha, they mostly do yoga and other exercises which can be comfortably performed in track-pants.

As far as visible nuts, its a crass statement. Only rebuttal is no one is there to see other person's nuts in shakha. And if one is conscious, one can always wear longer pants.

When there are NO rules pertaining to Shakha attire (mind you, its shakha attire, not sangh attire), why are people insisting on having newer "cooler rules", hain ji? come in any dress which suits you - is this not democratic enough?
Last edited by Atri on 15 May 2014 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

As far as my statement regarding keyboard defenders, please read it in context. I was speaking about dharma. People on forums speak a great deal about vivekananda, adi sankara, rajayoga vedanta and what not. But when it comes to karma-kaanda, they seek excuses to avoid actually sitting for 20 minutes twice a day and offer arghya to surya and do gayatri-japa.

It is karma which saves dharma, not merely high-talks : this was my point. The karma which Karan ji is talking about (of white collared abduls doing online prachaar for modi sarkaar) was for a purpose (that of bringing in modi sarkar). That karma is almost fructified and purpose about to be fulfilled.

RSS does not exist to bring BJP in power. RSS exists to bring people together, make them do physical activity together because sweating together creates bond among men (yes, more so men than women, hence separate model for women shakhas). Once men are brought together and made to play, work, sweat together, they are instilled with nationalistic and dharmik thought. That is the ONLY function for which RSS exists, and NOTHING else. RSS is not rothchild or rockefeller or illumnati type org with secret plans etc.

A person who is curious of Shakhas actually goes to nearby shakha to see what goes on and sees its normal abduls coming together in ANY comfortable dress discussing issues pertaining to dharma and rashtra, exercising and playing together, singing prarthana and leaving to lead their normal lives.

As I have clarified, for Dussehra parade, they will be bringing in full pants in coming two years. Its already in discussion. For other activity let people decide what they want to wear.
Last edited by Atri on 15 May 2014 10:57, edited 2 times in total.
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

The first shot....law will take its own course...

Man who threatened to kill Modi on Twitter arrested from Gurgaon
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Great if this happens

Maharashtra may be Amit Shah's next stop
Narendra Modi confidant likely to be made poll incharge in Congress-NCP ruled state to repeat 'success' in Uttar Pradesh
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

James B wrote:Great if this happens

Maharashtra may be Amit Shah's next stop
Narendra Modi confidant likely to be made poll incharge in Congress-NCP ruled state to repeat 'success' in Uttar Pradesh
yes positive about that, except there are few glitches..

It depends on how many seats BJP gets. If vidarbha is carved, then it might be the case that bJP has to fight remaining MH alone without SS. That is when AS will bloom fullest.

In Either case, gopinath munde is next CM of MH in all probabilities.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Atri wrote:Precisely my point..

Those who helped BJP in this campaign were helping BJP and not attending shakhas. I, along with million of others like me, too were part of this. All were ordinary normally dressed abduls doing their bit for rashtra.
I think you are refusing to see the point here, and i can't figure out why. Those folks who helped ONLY BJP this time are ALSO ripe for helping the RSS. They are merely one step away. We need more Atris and that has to be done by making it an easier transition for them. The support to BJP shows that they are not completely averse to the RSS either. What prevents them (and many others) from joining the RSS or assisting them are a combination of factors, of which dress is merely one, but it does exist. I can add a bunch of things which the RSS needs to do different and if it did, it might not even have needed the BJP to win this election!
Unfortunately, on speaking to many RSS folks, there seems to be a bewildering combination of "all iz well" + angst/victimhood at how they are targeted! If they changed 1, they could fight 2!
Same goes with person running an ekal-vidyalaya in tribal area. He is NOT dressed in khaki shorts. An ABVP member does not wear khaki short while attending colleges and organizing ABVP meetings in universities. A Mazdur union member does not go to work OR arbitrate with company managements wearing khaki shorts. RSS expects its swayamsevak to be completely part of the organization one belongs to. RSS is obliged only to see the sanskaaras displayed by the swayamsevak. as simple as that.
Again, what sanskaraas are served by 1920's style British chaddis. Where these shorts part of ancient Indian dress codes? They are outdated, period. And second, if they contribute little to the core RSS dress code 24/7 as you note, and instead contribute negatively to their image of being a group of old men, dressed weirdly, out of touch with the times - even if it is anything but the truth - why keep it?

This is merely stubbornness if we see that line of argument. The 1920s uniform is now sanskar. So we shall stick to it. Why redesign logos then, use computers, or the social media, and so forth? Lets go back to handbills from that era.
What you said about martial arts classes is precisely my point. While going to karate classes, ppl wear japanese kimono, no matter how ridiculous it looks in Indian context, do they not? Why because it is convenient. It is made to look cool.
The Japanese style "uniforms" are not embarrassing and if they were equally out there as the exposed RSS shorts which appear completely out of date, many folks would not use them. Here BTW is one conversation from my own sample size - huge discussion on RSS about its aims etc from a bunch of folks (lets says a bunch were openly supportive, another bunch a few closet sympathizers, others macalauyites, some skeptics), aim was to turn the skeptics into supporters, with macaulayites a lost hope. Out comes the stuff about their uniform etc - deliberate IEDs laid by folks - mind you silly arguments, but which subverted the discussion.
No one has made it mandatory to wear khaki shorts in sangh. I do not understand this kolaveri. Come in best tuxedo if you wish to, saar who's stopping you. One can wear any piece of clothing which is comfortable for physical games. I am also saying hardly any one wears khaki shorts (while most do wear shorts) because it is convenient to play games in.
The point Atri, is the RSS is always portrayed in MSM using those shorts & even if they are x times year that IS the current RSS image. We need to change that. One way to do that is to select a modern dress, which is decent (say even a crisp, simple pant shirt) will do it.
There is IT-Milan (a new form of Shakha for IT professionals in IT hubs) held once oR twice a week where IT abduls attend shakha and exercise. They all come in track-pants because in IT-Milan shakha, they mostly do yoga and other exercises which can be comfortably performed in track-pants.
Why not make track pants the standard then? Please look at the Army. The British Army uniform of the 20's had the shorts. It doesn't today.

As far as visible nuts, its a crass statement. Only rebuttal is no one is there to see other person's nuts in shakha. And if one is conscious, one can always wear longer pants.

When there are NO rules pertaining to Shakha attire (mind you, its shakha attire, not sangh attire), why are people insisting on having newer "cooler rules", hain ji? come in any dress which suits you - is this not democratic enough?
Not so crass sir! It is an issue. The exact same thing was told to me by several folks who mentioned RSS. We may dislike it, but it is a concern. Many folks find it to define RSS in their view.

Please understand that with a hostile MSM, RSS has to fight harder for their POV & change accordingly.

By your statements, why should Team Modi have run a cool campaign ? They could have merely focused on hindutva, temple, and economy. Not a savvy one. There lies the difference.
In time, when people get de Macaulayized, image shimage might take a down turn. But right now, don't hate the game, play it, and win it.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Atri wrote: Same goes with person running an ekal-vidyalaya in tribal area.
Which brings up an extremely important point for Modi ji to ponder--how to strengthen Ekal and enable it to function more openly and in-your-face fashion than it has been allowed to in today's "secular" environment. It's ridiculous that this should happen in a country that is 80% Hindu while outsider religions are allowed to ride roughshod in Tribal areas and even encroach our religious places. Ekal Vidyalaya is very successful in reclaiming tribals and afaik, is the largest recipient of NRI money from US.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Atri wrote:As far as my statement regarding keyboard defenders, please read it in context. I was speaking about dharma. People on forums speak a great deal about vivekananda, adi sankara, rajayoga vedanta and what not. But when it comes to karma-kaanda, they seek excuses to avoid actually sitting for 20 minutes twice a day and offer arghya to surya and do gayatri-japa.
Do the folks in Indian Army do all that stuff? So they are not dharmic?
Do doctors have the time to do all that? So they are not dharmic
My point is gayatri japa and arghya to surya are all very well, but even folks who don't do all that will defend the RSS or vote for the BJP until and unless only by doing the above, does one become eligible to be dharmic etc and hence support the above. If so..
It is karma which saves dharma, not merely high-talks : this was my point.
Problem is by setting up such x or y definitions of karma etc, you are excluding a whole bunch of people who are otherwise passionate about their country or culture.
The karma which Karan ji is talking about (of white collared abduls doing online prachaar for modi sarkaar) was for a purpose (that of bringing in modi sarkar). That karma is almost fructified and purpose about to be fulfilled.
They were defending BJP and Modi, even without a Modi sarkar in the works, way back in 2010 or 2011.
RSS does not exist to bring BJP in power. RSS exists to bring people together, make them do physical activity together because sweating together creates bond among men (yes, more so men than women, hence separate model for women shakhas). Once men are brought together and made to play, work, sweat together, they are instilled with nationalistic and dharmik thought. That is the ONLY function for which RSS exists, and NOTHING else. RSS is not rothchild or rockefeller or illumnati type org with secret plans etc.

A person who is curious of Shakhas actually goes to nearby shakha to see what goes on and sees its normal abduls coming together in ANY comfortable dress discussing issues pertaining to dharma and rashtra, exercising and playing together, singing prarthana and leaving to lead their normal lives.
Point being made is people curious of Shakhas being the outreach of RSS is not sufficient. For RSS to grow, it has to be the compelling alternative for many folks.
As I have clarified, for Dussehra parade, they will be bringing in full pants in coming two years. Its already in discussion. For other activity let people decide what they want to wear.
I hope they do. The current uniform is an anachronism tied back to British military dress of the 20's and bears no relevance to todays times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

make it a marketable brand . ppl wear ManU and Barcelona tshirts all the time, not just when playing football.
so make it convenient and affordable for ppl to wear casual clothing not just to shakhas but just in daily life. that will spread the brand 100 fold. make catchy tshirts with logos and patriotic messages.
ravar
BRFite
Location: हिमालयम समारभ्य़ यावत हिन्दु सरोवरम, तम देव निर्मितम देशम हिन्दुस्थानम प्रचक्षते

Post by ravar »

Atri ji, the mainstream perception of RSS, by which I mean, that which comes first to the mind of an ordinary person is the 'official' dress of khaki shorts. At least this is what is widely disseminated even by the official FB page of the Sangh in the innumerable pics that are posted there. (IOW, what goes behind the four walls as described by you is not known by the public).

Also, can any member take part in the public parade without donning this 'official' dress? I have seen all of them in the same uniform for the parades. So, the public can perceive only what is being projected.

I believe, here we are talking about changing the perception about the Sangh to enlist more enthusiasts who otherwise would have joined it for want of a better dress (and ALSO wear it without hesitation in public fora). Would that be too much of a demand?
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Veteran leaders will be consulted but party will decide their future roles: Rajnath

Already sounding like war weary Veterans?
AHMEDABAD/BHOPAL/NEW DELHI: With less than 48 hours to go for the declaration of results, an assertive BJP leadership indicated that the veterans may have to settle for roles assigned to them by the party.

Although party president Rajnath Singh said the stalwarts will be consulted, he suggested that the leadership will take the final decision on what assignments they should get.

"As far as the roles of veteran leaders are concerned, I will call a party meeting to which they will be invited.( what about other meetings, will they be invited there too.) After thorough discussions with all big leaders, we will decide what role will be played by which person," Singh told reporters in Ahmedabad when asked what role L K Advani would be given if NDA is voted to power.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

Atri wrote:In Either case, gopinath munde is next CM of MH in all probabilities.
How strong is caste factor in MH? Do you think the 96kul marathas will take this lying down? The last time there was a non-maratha CM was during Manohar Joshi's reign during SS-BJP govt.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Karan M wrote:The point Atri, is the RSS is always portrayed in MSM using those shorts & even if they are x times year that IS the current RSS image. We need to change that. One way to do that is to select a modern dress, which is decent (say even a crisp, simple pant shirt) will do it.
Karan ji,

This seems to be your focal argument. Your other arguments are based on this one. If I understand you correctly, those who are one step away from becoming full-time RSS swayamsevaks are not becoming so because khaki-chaddi is ridiculed in MSM and is not seen as cool..I responded that if RSS had tuxedo has uniform, even then they would have been ridiculed.

You have to understand the economics behind this. white shirt and khaki shorts are cheapest of all dress-materials available. Not all swayamsevaks can afford track-suits. I understand this is slightly untenable statement but in many parts, this is reality. A shakhas in areas where people can afford.

Chk out this photo from personal collection of a shakha. This is how a typical shakha looks today. all these are IT professionals in Hyd area.

Here is another one from same shakha where swayamsevaks are singing prarthana .

If you go to a rural shakha in Chhattisgarh, khaki short is very easily acquired and procured.

There is no point in making a particular dress-cod compulsory. Moment you make something mandatory, people start leaving. It is very difficult to keep Hindus together. Its not worth squandering over matter as trivial as dress-code.

As I said, they will be introducing full pants in next couple of years for Vijayadashmi parade. For other activities, no need of making any rules.

It is not the MSM which actually scares away youth from Shakhas it is police and govt law-enforcement agencies. many times they book the swayamsevaks under 144 (or similar other charge for illegal assembly of ppl). Youth which you spoke of need to be engaged with and urged to visit shakha once. Many of them become regulars. They stop coming because in many places the shakha itself disappears. Either because of lack of open grounds OR public assembly without prior permission from police made illegal by local beat-officer.

Start a shakha in your neighbourhood and do it regularly for an year. Within a month or so, people will start coming to you on their own. More so, if you visit them, engage with them and tell them about activities you do at your shakhas. No amount of MSM stops them from attending because it looks curious and interesting at first and when message is delivered the penny drops more often than not and you get a dedicated swayamsevak (at least in heart). What to do if police keeps scattering you, hain ji? There has to be a fixed place and fixed time of assembly for anything to take root. In congi regimes that is denied. That was biggest reason. in last 4-5 months people in most parts of India have realized that modi sarkar is coming and hence police interference in such matters has reduced drastically - result 5000 new shakhas started in past 2-3 months. :) MSM is as shrill as ever, yet number increased..
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

ravar wrote: the 'official' dress of khaki shorts. At least this is what is widely disseminated even by the official FB page of the Sangh in the innumerable pics that are posted there.
Its their Work and not the attire they wear is the defining characteristics of RSS. People in distress and victims of natural calamities have recognised their role irrespective of their attire. If you are stuck in an earthquaked building you will not bother about the uniform of the person who comes to save you.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Singha wrote:make it a marketable brand . ppl wear ManU and Barcelona tshirts all the time, not just when playing football.
so make it convenient and affordable for ppl to wear casual clothing not just to shakhas but just in daily life. that will spread the brand 100 fold. make catchy tshirts with logos and patriotic messages.
Singha ji, Check out Youth for seva merchandise.. Even the "Main bhi Anna" topis of Anna hazare mvmt was RSS idea.. :D fact that kejri hijacked it to his eventual suicide is another point.

Many people now have t-shirts like che but with bhagat singh, savarkar, azad etc - all this brainchild originated in sangh.

Sangh has to live in extremely hostile environment, saar. the entire establishment has been hell-bent on exterminating them since 1925. They have to constantly fly below the radar. Hence all the precautions and resistance to have single "brand" for sangh. all brands are ultimately disposable.

Campaigning for modi sarkar is easier because the swayamsevak needs to commit a voter for few minutes (or hours). Once he casts his vote, job is done. In sangh, commitment required is for lifetime without any rewards. In such cases, we have found mouth-to-mouth publicity and campaign more effective than modi-sarkar type campaigns. it is slower but recruits are committed force in their without expecting much in return. most of them stay in difficult times. And RSS does not expect modi sarkar to provide physical safety to its swayamsevaks completely. They only expect removal of few hurdles by police. Even that is difficult, but something is better than nothing no?
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

ShankarCag wrote:
Atri wrote:In Either case, gopinath munde is next CM of MH in all probabilities.
How strong is caste factor in MH? Do you think the 96kul marathas will take this lying down? The last time there was a non-maratha CM was during Manohar Joshi's reign during SS-BJP govt.
caste is pretty strong. But Munde has rammed into sugar-belt bastion. He too is severely compromised fellow, but better than pawars. Gadkari and Munde have entered cooperative sugar industry with force subverting many local satraps for BJP cause. Manohar Joshi was a brahmin. Brahmin has no place in MH-polity. Some place in Vidarbha alright (Phadnavis, Gadkari etc) but not in MH. Munde belongs to Nomadic tribe (dhangar-shepherd). He is kosher.

Shivsena will have to be dealt with. It is my dream that MH be bifurcated (and UP be cut into 4-5 states). It will be interesting then.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Bhai logo ND Tiwari married Ujjawla Sharma in Lucknow. ABP News.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Marten wrote:The cost of custom Tees is about Rs 450-500 for decent materials and print options. For a bumper sticker, the real issue is bulk prints and offsetting the cost of a batch.

If people are keen, and with the blessings of the Big Bosses, we could actually design clothing and other items that indicate support for BR.
I will help with the photoshopping etc. Folks can contribute slogans and ideas. We can coordinate with folks for copyrights on photos taken by BR members - for printing on the tees.

What say, bosses?
full support.. as long as your heart is in right place (BR ensures that :D ), you will find full support from any sanghi for any attempt. Do anything and everything in your capacity for cause of dharma. yathechhasi tatha kuru..
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Singha wrote:make it a marketable brand . ppl wear ManU and Barcelona tshirts all the time, not just when playing football.
True.

Atri saar,
packaging is many times more important than the product itself. The simple point is that the dress of RSS is neither hip/ cool nor traditional/classic. So, it is a major disadvantage. I think RSS should hire some fashion designer and let them design some cool and nice designs and insignia.

One can even have a competition: go to some fashion colleges/schools and conduct a competition. The winning design can be used. It also gives lot of publicity to RSS and many potential volunteers apart from general goodwill. It also provides nice opportunity to educate young people on activities of RSS.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

namo projects a very solid image in his interviews with that garlanded statue of Vivekananda in the corner..who is muscular and square jawed not a traditional scrawny pic of gandhiji or worse JLN.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Marten wrote:The cost of custom Tees is about Rs 450-500 for decent materials and print options. For a bumper sticker, the real issue is bulk prints and offsetting the cost of a batch.

If people are keen, and with the blessings of the Big Bosses, we could actually design clothing and other items that indicate support for BR.
I will help with the photoshopping etc. Folks can contribute slogans and ideas. We can coordinate with folks for copyrights on photos taken by BR members - for printing on the tees.

What say, bosses?
Can we make one which says ' Modi will lose onlee'? Probably local RSS boys will beat me to pulp if I roam around wearing that. :lol:
ravar
BRFite
Location: हिमालयम समारभ्य़ यावत हिन्दु सरोवरम, तम देव निर्मितम देशम हिन्दुस्थानम प्रचक्षते

Post by ravar »

chaanakya wrote:
ravar wrote: the 'official' dress of khaki shorts. At least this is what is widely disseminated even by the official FB page of the Sangh in the innumerable pics that are posted there.
Its their Work and not the attire they wear is the defining characteristics of RSS. People in distress and victims of natural calamities have recognised their role irrespective of their attire. If you are stuck in an earthquaked building you will not bother about the uniform of the person who comes to save you.
The two need not be mutually exclusive, do they?

Not sure how news about NaMo's good work would have reached all over the nation had there not been a conscious PR effort to disseminate the same. The latter effort is as important as the former.

In this era of 'manufactured consent' it pays to add smarter ways to work that complements the vision of the dharmiks.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I really do hope NaMo will build back some of our covert capabilities and give RAW a free hand. May not happen in the first year itself but at some point I hope he will look into this.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

SPG gets ready to put security cover around Narendra Modi, family
If BJP emerges victorious on May 16, the Special Protection Group (SPG) will immediately send an advance team with bulletproof vehicle and jammer to throw a security ring around BJP’s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
BJP's PM candidate Narendra Modi waves during an election road show in Varanasi. (PTI photo)

Similar security arrangements have been made for his estranged wife Jashodaben and his mother Hiraben, who he visits sparingly.

“The SPG has done its groundwork for Modi, his wife and mother. If BJP emerges winner, SPG will not wait for Modi to be declared the PM-elect and get an invitation from the President. The elite security unit will send a skeleton security team on May 16 itself,” a security official, requesting anonymity, told HT.

The security assessment for Jashodaben is that she cannot stay at her house in a village in Banaskantha district, as it is not suitable for a SPG protectee. Sources said she will have to shift to another location – either in the district headquarters or in Gandhinagar – in an accommodation that SPG deems suitable.

“The SPG is likely to approach Modi, if he becomes PM, on shifting Jasodaben to another location. The Gujarat administration can be asked to provide a government accommodation to a SPG protectee. There are no such problems for his mother who lives in Gandhinagar,” the official said.

The SPG Act will not cover Modi’s three brothers and two sisters, but the Gujarat police will be asked to provide them Z-category security cover, the official added.

SPG chief K Durga Prasad was not available for comments while Union home ministry officials said there is nothing unusual in making a preliminary security assessment about Modi and his family.

“The need to provide security to Modi’s family is in view of the case of Rubaiya Sayeed, who was kidnapped by Kashmiri militants in 1989 after her father Mufti Mohammad Sayeed took over as Union home minister in the VP Singh government,” an MHA official said.

At present, Modi enjoys the highest Z-Plus category protection by commandos of National Security Guard and Gujarat police
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Dilbu wrote:I really do hope NaMo will build back some of our covert capabilities and give RAW a free hand. May not happen in the first year itself but at some point I hope he will look into this.
These things will not be discussed in Newspaper or announced to Media. Restructuring will be on cards.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Cross-posting a few Fake articles I wrote in the last couple of days before the big counting day. The first one got published in FakingNews today. The other 2 are fresh off the oven and still in my blog.

Hope you like it!

UPA appoints new Chief Cook, Gardener, and Driver at PM’s official residence

UPA excited about exit poll results! Plans to introduce Minority Government Bill

Rahul tears up ballot papers. Calls Elections “a complete nonsense”
Last edited by Prem Kumar on 15 May 2014 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

ravar wrote:
The two need not be mutually exclusive, do they?
Not necessary but Need to have substance before Form. There is no Primacy of Form over content. Superficiality is something which is build into Western template currently followed. Need not be suitable for our culture.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

‘Modi wave’ reaches BCCI: Amit Shah set for a top post
Exit poll results predicting a Narendra Modi government have triggered talk of impending change in the BCCI as well. The so-far sidelined Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA), of which Modi is president, is suddenly being seen as an influential unit of the board. And BCCI members have little doubt that Amit Shah, BJP general secretary and GCA vice-president, will replace Mumbai Cricket Association’s Ravi Savant as the BCCI’s vice-president from West Zone during the annual general body meeting in September.

GCA joint secretary Rajesh Patel said groundwork for Shah’s move to the BCCI is complete. “Shah is eligible for a vice-president’s post in the BCCI. He has attended two BCCI annual general body meetings,” Patel said.

While Shah and Modi have been busy with the BJP’s election campaign, Shah’s 27-year-old son Jay, himself a joint secretary in the GCA, has been calling the shots in the state body, and has also attended BCCI meetings.

A top BCCI official agreed with Patel. “Shah’s entry as a BCCI vice-president is a formality, no opposition can be expected. He will surely play a decisive role in the BCCI in case Modi comes to power,” the official said.