Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by chaanakya »

Prem Kumar wrote:Cross-posting a few Fake articles I wrote in the last couple of days before the big counting day. The first one got published in FakingNews today. The other 2 are fresh off the oven and still in my blog.

Hope you like it!

UPA appoints new Chief Cook, Gardener, and Driver at PM’s official residence

UPA excited about exit poll results! Plans to introduce Minority Government Bill

Rahul tears up ballot papers. Calls Elections “a complete nonsense”
extraordinarily hilarious. You are genius.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Chandragupta wrote:They should introduce track pants, hoodies & t shirts. RSS is now beginning to be seen as 'cool & strong'. Many IT vity youth will gladly wear the RSS insignia on their chests if not for the outdated uniform.
Maybe a little less shiny and colorful but time to give a make over to RSS:

http://www.firstcry.com/babyhug/babyhug ... jgodQ7wAMw

http://www.jabong.com/varah-Maroon-Dhot ... jgodT6kAVg

http://www.firstcry.com/babyhug/babyhug ... jgodDakAyA

http://www.firstcry.com/babyhug/baby-hu ... jgodbSEANg

Around '03 my cousin who is a dress designer had designed some such outfits by as I remember she had used very light khaki dhoti and saturated orange. Although the RSS contact took it reluctantly saying he'll show it to some higher ups nothing was heard of it again.
morem
BRFite

Post by morem »

Prem Kumar wrote:Cross-posting a few Fake articles I wrote in the last couple of days before the big counting day. The first one got published in FakingNews today. The other 2 are fresh off the oven and still in my blog.

Hope you like it!

UPA appoints new Chief Cook, Gardener, and Driver at PM’s official residence

UPA excited about exit poll results! Plans to introduce Minority Government Bill

Rahul tears up ballot papers. Calls Elections “a complete nonsense”

I actually read the first one yesterday , good stuff :D
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

Atri wrote: Problem with dharma now a days is that there are many keyboard defenders of it. But hardly anyone does a regular sandhyavandanam twice a day or some similar vrata.
Less of these types would be more useful for dharma.
Ab ki baar modi sarkar!
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

RamaY wrote: Its funny to learn some kakhi shorts are what stopping India becoming Bharat!
Of course:

compare with:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BeGIKV4vsBk/U ... -saafa.jpg

Why RSS should be so attached to a british officer's khaki knickers uniform? Isn't it behaving like fossilized abrahmics?
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

pradeepe wrote:
Atri wrote: Problem with dharma now a days is that there are many keyboard defenders of it. But hardly anyone does a regular sandhyavandanam twice a day or some similar vrata.
Less of these types would be more useful for dharma.
Ab ki baar modi sarkar!
Less of which types, keyboard defenders or those who follow their dharma
gpati
BRFite

Post by gpati »

Singha wrote:make it a marketable brand .
so make it convenient and affordable for ppl to wear casual clothing not just to shakhas but just in daily life.
Marten wrote:
If people are keen, and with the blessings of the Big Bosses, we could actually design clothing and other items that indicate support for BR.
Atri wrote:t-shirts like che but with bhagat singh, savarkar, azad etc - all this brainchild originated in sangh.
johneeG wrote:
packaging is many times more important than the product itself. The simple point is that the dress of RSS is neither hip/ cool nor traditional/classic. So, it is a major disadvantage.
Singha ji, Atri ji, Marten ji, and Johneeg ji,

I am already working on a similar concept. I am planning to launch it in 2016-2017 time frame using crowdfunding approach.

The brand name will be a Sanskrit word which means warrior in English. The merchandise will be cotton athletic apparel. A typical T-shirt will cost 1500 rupees. Nike, Addidas, and other athletic apparel are expensive because they spend millions on marketing. Instead of spending on marketing, the money will be spent for propogating patriotic message. For example, TOMS gives away one pair of shoes for those in need for every pair of shoes purchased and WabyParker gives one pair of glasses for free for poor people for every frame purchased.

I am already collecting user data using a Facebook page - Remember Our Heroes

Based on the data so far, it would not be a surprise, if BJP gets 272 on its own. :)
ravar
BRFite
Location: हिमालयम समारभ्य़ यावत हिन्दु सरोवरम, तम देव निर्मितम देशम हिन्दुस्थानम प्रचक्षते

Post by ravar »

chaanakya wrote:
ravar wrote:
The two need not be mutually exclusive, do they?
Not necessary but Need to have substance before Form. There is no Primacy of Form over content. Superficiality is something which is build into Western template currently followed. Need not be suitable for our culture.
Precisely. Which is one of the reasons IMO the Sangh should leverage since it has so much of substance and good work to its credit. This being the case, the talk about 'superficiality' does not arise.

The industrial revolution, which upholds the motto 'supremacy over nature' and the Marxian dictum- 'our aim is to change nature' have their ideological sources in the Western classical, scientific and philosophical thoughts that have developed from 17th century onwards. (Cf. the Dharmic view of not emphasizing the mastery over nature but living in harmony with it). Hence, even though there is a variance philosophically and culturally in this aspect, we are still following/forced to follow the Western template. IOW, certain changes are inevitable due to a set of circumstances.

Best way would be to adapt and choose the best of the available options.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Re. RSS Shakha gear here's my suggestion

Image Image

Image Image

But I guess this is going to be too radical for them.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

chaanakya wrote:Not necessary but Need to have substance before Form. There is no Primacy of Form over content. Superficiality is something which is build into Western template currently followed. Need not be suitable for our culture.
The product may be be good, but packaging can turn off many customers. There is a reason why packaging is considered an art form in marketing. Try going for job interviews wearing a dhoti.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Prasanna Viswanathan ‏@prasannavishy 2h
Sangh will be terribly wrong if it misinterprets a favorable electoral verdict as unequivocal endorsement of its cultural agenda
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

chaanakya wrote:
Prem Kumar wrote:Cross-posting a few Fake articles
extraordinarily hilarious. You are genius.
Brilliant indeed.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

^^^Cuts both ways.

The electoral verdict and the cultural agenda can walk independent of each other.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RajeshA wrote:Prasanna Viswanathan ‏@prasannavishy 2h
Sangh will be terribly wrong if it misinterprets a favorable electoral verdict as unequivocal endorsement of its cultural agenda
Elements like togadia and other harmful loud mouths should not be encouraged at any cost. Any reasonable agenda can be pushed without making waves and pissing off the populace. Honey catches more flies than chillies.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

ravi_g wrote:Re. RSS Shakha gear here's my suggestion

But I guess this is going to be too radical for them.
Please get the wardrobe designer of X-Men to design the RSS uniforms - claws and all!
member_27987
BRFite

Post by member_27987 »

chetak wrote:
RajeshA wrote:Prasanna Viswanathan ‏@prasannavishy 2h
Elements like togadia and other harmful loud mouths should not be encouraged at any cost. Any reasonable agenda can be pushed without making waves and pissing off the populace. Honey catches more flies than chillies.
IMHO, there should be 2 streams parallel and non-symbiotic to get India back on track in terms of Hindu interests and Indian interests. I agree they need not cross paths. BJP, publicly, need not covet RSS elements and RSS need not publicly covet BJP elements. Just use the same techniques that Christan and Islamists have used - Taqqiya comes to my mind.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

all good things come to an end.
this epic thread enters its final hours with 750,000+ views

I will lock it tonight and later we might move it to archives if majority of admins think its ok, else shred it.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Oh no .....no 1000 pages coinciding with coronation of Modi.
Imo the fight against the dynasty has to continue beyond next elections .
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

IB4TL
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

A thread like this needs a happy ending. Perhaps, we can lock it after NaMo's win is announced tomorrow evening? In the meantime, we restrict our posts to NaMo on this thread but make it reach 1008. Thoughts?

Added later: This is ONE thread I would love to revisit. These 900 odd pages contain some brilliant posts - an element I would personally cherish would be revisit the thread to see the collective wishes of so many Bharatiyas coming together. Please do not shred it.
Last edited by rajithn on 15 May 2014 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I think its better to temporarily suspend this thread, open new one for the coronation and after few days reopen this one. This election is only one milestone of the journey of this thread. JMT.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

This thread was started by Arjun on 22nd December 2012.Come to think of it, It has served its purpose well. Indeed that was a time when BJP chances were not rated very high. There was doubt even about NaMo as PM candidate and that how his leadership would be taken by rest of Non BJP India. What we saw, and this thread chronicles, is amazing response from India to the call of a Leader who rose above the rest. What we are seeing is the dismantling of dienastic politics. Rise of aspirational India or Bharata.
I have to give respect to Arjuna ji for opening this thread and giving a remarkable Opening Post.
Arjun wrote:Momentous changes have swept the Indian political firmament over the past year and a half, that are only likely to accelerate over the next year into 2014 and maybe beyond.

While the idea of India has been debated to death on this forum and other similar ones for more than a decade, the intellectual discourse was always strangely divorced from the on-the-ground political reality. This year finally marks the emergence in the country of a clear delineation of political alternatives - each with their own strongly sketched-out ideas of India and its place in the world.

A key factor bringing these alternate ideas into sharp focus has been the emergence of Narendra Modi as a political force, with ideas that some would say are radical - that India does not need to be forever mired in the Politics of Victimhood & Votebanking, that Governance can indeed be corruption-free at all levels, that Transformative economic development can coexist with drawing strength from Traditions & that Indians can come together meritocratically to push the achievement bar much higher in industry, sciences and other spheres. And that all of this can be achieved without relying on that old Indian (Nehruvian?) failing of Dynastic Raaj.

As opposed to this - we have what has come to be regarded by the vast tribe of JNU Delhi 'intellectuals' as the traditional ‘idea of India’ – that ‘Inclusiveness’ is the supreme ideal taking precedence over either Growth or Meritocracy, that the paternalistic guiding hand of Dynastic Rule is a uniquely ‘Indian’ flavour of democracy that needs to be understood and accepted, that the more evolved Indian liberalism of Sapeksha Dharma needs to be replaced by Western ideas of religious liberalism and that ‘Indian culture’ requires Tolerance of ideologies even when these ideologies don’t reciprocate to make the tolerance mutual.

This thread will NOT be used for discussing poll strategies or for analyzing election results – there are other threads in this forum for that purpose. The focus here will be more on analysis of and study of implications of these contrasting ideals, their key champions / public faces and the likelihood of success for each alternative. Analysis of past events (eg ’84 and ’02 riots), while relevant to some extent to understanding each proponent – will also not be allowed to derail the thread from its main objective. Logical analysis and commentary is encouraged, and consistent evidence of trolling will, I hope, be dealt with appropriately.

Hope the moderators allow this thread to remain for future discussion. India seems to be finally ready politically for mature analysis of these contrasting ideals, and the implications of each are clearly of enormous consequence to India’s future.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I've become so fed up and sick of these fake intellectuals on Timesnow, NDTV, IBN panels that keep calling Modi fascist..that i've begun to nurture the thought that maybe he should scare them a little at the minimum. Now here's the evil plan in case NDA is 300 plus and celebrating in the coming week. Quietly import a few dozen hangmen from Iran as state guests. Start putting cranes and posts in Tihar, Pune, Mumbai courtyards etc. INtersperse it with summary trials for corrupt as promised by Modi during his campaign..News channels will get the hint and Arnab and Rajdeep with these Panelists will be fun to watch a debate Are Modi and Amit Shah planning executions???? :shock: I bet they'd never drop the fascist word again if that happens.. :twisted:
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

This thread is goldmine.. Please do not shred it. If you are, please let us know in advance. There are numerous fantastic posts on this thread by many gurus which I would like to keep with me till the end. Will save them somewhere else.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

My first reaction was to vote for shredding this thread.

But I suggest that BRF should Archive it along with the other one of run up to 2014.

NaMo is likely to affect India very very deeply. That means somebody is going to try to pull his legacy down.

India will produce more people like our own Bji who will treat this as primary source of their research.

Added later:

On second thought - Shred it. No history keeping only ji. Let NaMo will make his own Itihaas.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Errm at least wait till "Shapath Grahan" happens........

I thought Ramana ji said that using Shri ArmenT's sofware this thread will be turned into a pdf?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Am so lucky to have been witness to such a fairy tale where page 1 of this thread started as a kind of quixotic dream and within 2 years, the impossible was achieved!
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Won't be a logical conclusion for the thread if it is going to be ended today. Hope we can unlock the thread again sometime tomorrow when the results are known for sure...

Swearing-in ceremony would be the ideal logical conclusion - if not that, at the very least would be good to express our congratulations to NaMo and hopes (or fears) for the country's direction, once the results are out tomorrow.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

lock it for now me need to home before can use Gazi ArmenT's wonderful software.
ooh! almost forgot, Please!
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

i remember, when Rajnath Singh was visiting US, just last year, I had a gentleman (senior citizen), who had been in his time in thick of action (and family connection to the dharmic site to boot), lamented that Modi will not be useful, they have brought him so late, after so much of in fighting. I heard him and had the same pain/belief. But boy how that thing has turned around - is there a thing in politics as peeking early or late? Or maybe the universe adjust the time for you, it is right whenever you are ready?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

On the day before liberation from darkness, remember the beginning of the dark day 10 yrs ago. Never again!!

http://arunshourie.voiceofdharma.com/ar ... 990528.htm
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^+1.

What a roller-coaster journey this has been - all faithfully chronicled on this dhaga....

Request bradmins to let the dhaga live a few more days till NaMo takes the official oath of bharat-raksha. :) A fitting finale that would be.
Last edited by Hari Seldon on 15 May 2014 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Man who threatened to kill Modi on Twitter arrested from Gurgaon

The Gurgaon police on Wednesday arrested Amaresh Misra, 48, who had threatened to shoot Narendra Modi dead, on Twitter.

A Lucknow police team arrested Misra from Gurgaon’s Sector 56, said Gurgaon police commissioner Alok Mittal.

Vivek Sharma, joint commissioner (crime) said, “A seven-member police team reached Gurgaon and arrested him. He was produced before a duty magistrate for transit remand and the Lucknow police took him after completing the legal formalities.”

Misra, the co-writer of story and screenplay of the 2013 Bollywood multi-starrer Bullett Raja, was booked under section 153A of the Indian Penal Code and 66A of the IT Act.

His Twitter account has already been suspended. Misra was a student of the Allahabad Univeristy and has been associated with the left-wing party, CPI-ML. He also founded an anticommunal front in UP. His twitter account described Mishra as an author and a music composer.

Twitter declined to comment on the suspension of Misra’s account, which reportedly came soon after his arrest. “We cannot keep track of millions of our users,” said a Twitter official
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Let it live man. When it gets dark (and it will sometimes), when you want to hope and you can only despair, when you wonder how can you get out from such a deep hole, you may want to believe in miracles, and this thread chronicles a miracle like this!! Keep it for that purpose, if for nothing else.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

now some one claiming to be insider tweeting RSS never wanted Modi to be PM
Last edited by IndraD on 15 May 2014 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Dilbu wrote:
Marten wrote:The cost of custom Tees is about Rs 450-500 for decent materials and print options. For a bumper sticker, the real issue is bulk prints and offsetting the cost of a batch.

If people are keen, and with the blessings of the Big Bosses, we could actually design clothing and other items that indicate support for BR.
I will help with the photoshopping etc. Folks can contribute slogans and ideas. We can coordinate with folks for copyrights on photos taken by BR members - for printing on the tees.

What say, bosses?
Can we make one which says ' Modi will lose onlee'? Probably local RSS boys will beat me to pulp if I roam around wearing that. :lol:
before them I will :rotfl:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India Today ‏@IndiaToday 3h

AAP leader @AapYogendra says BJP is going to give its best ever performance & NDA may cross majority mark on its own. http://goo.gl/vH4mnO
Times of India ‏@timesofindia 3h

#DanceOfDemocracy Sulking Sushma Swaraj flies to Bhopal, says not angry http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 139750.cms
CNN-IBN News ‏@ibnlive 3h

RT @IBNLivePolitics: Ishrat case: CBI court rejects plea to name Amit Shah as accused http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ishrat-case- ... 37-64.html
TOI India ‏@TOIIndiaNews 3h

Nitish Kumar government will fall: Paswan http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 156139.cms