Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by RajeshA »

Smriti Irani is HRD Minister because she is a fiery woman who can defend any decisions there related to education. There will be several changes there especially regarding history in schools, leftist education institutes, etc. and NaMo needs someone who can take the heat. One needs someone who can outargue all the chattering classes on TV studios. Is there any other BJP leader who can do so as well as Smriti Irani.

As to what changes are made, that would be discussed between NaMo, RSS, other gurujan like Arun Shourie, Subramanian Swamy, Baba Ramdev, perhaps Rajiv Malhotra and of course Smriti Irani.

And of course it is Smriti Irani's responsibility to execute those decisions.

Smriti Irani is perfect for the role, as HRD work is all going to be above-all very controversial.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Meenakshi Lekhi is the only other one. Nirmala Sitaraman is too gentle for scumbag lefties/Congis
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

The big focus should be on providing quality education and school infrastructure for kids from poor families. It is difficult for "convented" folks to understand how dire the situation is in government-run schools in interior India and urban slums. Most all-India exams for engineering and medical are conducted in English and that ensures that 90% or so kids do not have a fair to compete. Try looking at the vocabulary list for IIM to understand how their entrance test is loaded in favor of the English-speaking elite.

Only someone like Modi or a Smriti (if she is indeed from a poor family) can understand the pain of being permanently disadvantaged in educational and professional terms because of lack of quality education. Providing equal opportunity to quality education even in interior and poorer areas should be a national mission. Smriti-Modi combination seems well-equipped in this regard.

Also, Delhi University had three years degree programs with each year equivalent to a "Part". So Smriti basically completed one year of her BCom. School of correspondence courses and continuing education is a genuine DU institution. It is called St. Correspondence College by the poor to compare with St. Stephens. Ask RB if in doubt. :mrgreen:
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

There was some propaganda about a letter written by Savarkar to British asking for mercy and for being released from jail in A&N. The argument went that he could not bear the hard-ship and pleaded for mercy.

Though, I was not much informed about Savarkar, I did know for a fact that he had decided to give up his life in late 80s because he felt his mission on earth was over and he did not have more to give to mankind and society. Now, a man who had the will power at that age (and he was not well) to give up food for nearly a month and end his own life out of free will, could under no circumstance be accused of being meek or lacking in resolve in face of British torture.

So I searched the internet for an explanation of the event of him writing the letter.

And was pretty shocked to see that English media and some 'eminent' historians and social scientists and intellectuals had written article denouncing Savarkar by quoting exactly this event - nothing about events before and after this particular episode. As grizzled veteran of many a debates on BRF - and knowing the proclivity of Indian MSM and 'intellectuals' to paint anything to do with Hinduism in negative light - I searched more to find the complete set of information.

Surprisingly, Wikipedia turned out to me a better and balanced source. And using that as a base, managed to get hold of further information on the man.

While I did spank some sh1t-heads on twitter - and continue to do so now - I'm glad I read on the topic and about such a great and nationalist who walked on earth.

It is a tragedy that the left-liberal brigade which got hold of writing our history, has white-washed his contribution. They've gone a step ahead and vilified the person throwing much muck against him by selectively quoting him or referring to his actions. Latest example I came across was that he supported 2-nation theory and proof of this is in his 1938 speech. Again, a little bit of research shows that none other than Savarkar himself had clarified on his stance and what he meant by his comments (only couple of lines from a 6,000 words speech).

I'm sure there are many unsung heroes like him in the wilderness of our history whose contribution has been white-washed because it does not get with ideology of those who wrote it or because they were against policies of Gandhi and Nehru. These historians would have us believe that before advent of Gandhi and Nehru and Congress, there was no freedom struggle. And no other thought process.

When one reads the thoughts of men like Savarkar, one begins to understand when and where deracination started. While one can find fault with ideology of Gandhi and its impact on Hindus in the period before and up till partition, I think we cannot question his belief in Hinduism. But the same cannot be said of Nehru. One comes to a conclusion that he was completely detached from what real India was. He was someone who has no connect with his roots and consequently, considered those with such connection in negative terms. And this point of view - a shallow point of view - was carried forward. No wonder he was at odds with Hindu Mahasabha or RSS.

I really hope we reach a stage where full picture of Indian freedom struggle is presented to public. And they can see various strands which came together to build the final structure. And appreciate the contribution of each such group or individuals.

While I'm no student of history of our freedom struggle, little that I've read lately brings me to conclusion that this was also the period when character of our nation and society was formed. After struggling for centuries under foreign rule, there was some sort of awakening in the masses - I think exposure to western education and ideals helped many to reach back to their own roots.

But then this development of consciousness in Hindu society was throttled with independence because no other strains of thoughts towards nation building were allowed to grow. Anything to do with Hinduism and Hindutva was vilified and termed as fundamentalism. People who came to power after 1947 - who were completely detached from their roots - took upon themselves to decide what is good or bad for this country. And Hindutva and a politically conscious Hindu was bad. Any other thought process challenging the POV propagated by Congress and its leaders was bad.

The white-washing and selective referencing of our history alienated coming generations from our roots as they did not witness these events first hand and relied on written word - and we had situation where communism and Marxism rank amok at expense of native thought and ideology. This lead to a generation of educated people mocking their own culture and heritage. This would consist of people born in 40s and 50s and 60s - and who later controlled the public discourse for future generations.

It is my conclusion that if the process of 'jagran' of Hindus and Hindutva had not been throttled during this period, we'd have had a strong Bharat. A strong and introspecting Bharat which would have on its own shunned caste system and lead to more social harmony and inclusiveness. And which would have progressed with self-confidence and belief in its ways and traditions. But alas, it was not to be!

One hopes and wishes that this process which was throttled during an earlier period can commence again in 2014. And we have the 7th Glorious Epoch of Bharat - that would be true tribute to likes of Savarkar.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Ashok Sarraff wrote: Only someone like Modi or a Smriti (if she is indeed from a poor family) can understand the pain of being permanently disadvantaged in educational and professional terms because of lack of quality education. Providing equal opportunity to quality education even in interior and poorer areas should be a national mission. Smriti-Modi combination seems well-equipped in this regard.

Also, Delhi University had three years degree programs with each year equivalent to a "Part". So Smriti basically completed one year of her BCom. School of correspondence courses and continuing education is a genuine DU institution. It is called St. Correspondence College by the poor to compare with St. Stephens. Ask RB if in doubt. :mrgreen:
She apparently is NOT form poor family. She studies in convent. And some 20 years back, her father could loan her Rs 2 lakhs for modelling school\competition etc. Rs 2 lakhs some 20 years back would be Rs 12 lakhs now. see https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3336894994
At 18, she told her father that she wanted to come to Mumbai to work. In 1998, she entered the Miss India contest without the knowledge of anyone in her family and was surprised to be short-listed and came to Mumbai to participate in the finals. Her father was astounded at her decision to enter the contest. No one believed she could make it to the finals. She borrowed Rs 2 lakh from her father on the condition that she would return it. She came to Mumbai and began preparations to enter the final of the contest with earnestness. She had her contest outfit designed and made by Manish Malhotra. She made it to the final round becoming one of the final five contestants.
====

Though she isnt from poor family, she is indeed very poor now !!! Despite being Rajsabha MP, she makes only Rs 400,000 per year :mrgreen: !!! At least, thats what she said in her tax returns as stated in her affidavit. And her husband is very poor too !! Poor Mr. Irani makes only Rs 300,000 per year. Please see her poll affidavit for this facts. Very poor. Very poor indeed. :mrgreen: I am sure she can understand problems of such poor people and taxes they have to pay !! Putting simply, IMO, she is a grade one tax evader.

====

Now people who die in saas-nahu serial used to come back alive on public demand. That is understandable. But I wonder how someone who was BA in 2004 becomes B Com part-1 in 2014 :mrgreen: !! I mean, in her 2004 affidavit, she had said that she was BA !!! And now she says she is B Com part-1. This cant happen even in a saas-bahu serial. But now that she is education minister herself, it should not be difficult for her to get herself a back dated educated degree. :mrgreen:

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/gradu ... 46555.html
In an affidavit filed by Irani to the Election Commission in 2004, she claims to have completed her BA in 1996 from Delhi University's School of Correspondence. But in her affidavit filed with the EC in 2014, Irani claimed that she completed part one, that is the first year, of her bachelor degree in Commerce in the year 1994 from Delhi University's School of Open Learning.
====

Education Ministry has new a tagline "no need to pay taxes, and no need for education either". :rotfl:

====

I cant believe people here are supporting a tax evader like SI. Surely, her accounts will be neat and clean on paper. But on surface, one can see rampant tax evasion. Rs 400,000 is what she must be spending on her shoes and dresses alone. And she shows TOTAL income as Rs 400,000 !! Even AAP leaders and AAPians have some level to speak of.
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 28 May 2014 16:48, edited 2 times in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Virendra wrote:
Sanku wrote:Arun Shourie would be perfect as HRD minister. Of all ministry choices by the govt. Only Smriti Irani sticks out like a sore thumb. It is not merely about her academics, even politically she is a fly weight.

This and absence of Rudy are most puzzling. Other choices are good.
I agree.
Shourie is the bane of leftist cabal that call themselves academia and scholars.
He would've been instrumental in ridding books of the BS that our teengarers are gulping.
Will have to wait and watch now.
Tell me you both, why should I agree?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

I have been sending following to as many BJP people as possible, let's see if it bears any fruit:
Please raise the issue of Sonia giving 2 false affidavits yes 2 FALSE AFFIDAVITS IN COURT about her education....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOkgaZ_zsow

THIS IS A GODSEND OPPORTUNITY TO ADVERTISE AND MAKE PEOPLE AWARE ABOUT LYING AND CHEATING NATURE OF SONIA, 'CAUSE CONpARTY HAS STARTED THE ISSUE !!!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

How about Sh. Arun Shourie for Delhi CM instead of some Union Ministry ?
Give the man independent charge to clean up Delhi.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Rahul M wrote:there might be some reason that the PM chose smriti for this role, but frankly I cant see it.
even modi is due one mistake I guess.

p.s. the logic that the past HRD ministers with degrees didn't do much is a major fallacy, that in no way implies getting someone less educated is the solution.
My guess is that NM wants to run this ministry from behind and has chosen a light weight.
Any Super heavy weight like MMJ or Shourie would not leave lot of elbow space for NM to implement his thought process.
This ministry can bring lot many social changes with right kind of policies. SI will be there to doggedly implement these changes.
Of course if she shuts down JNU, that would book Smriti my vote whenver she fights next election.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

Blow to Modi!
he had himself decreeded against cronyism and nepotism but goes on and appoint his sister Irani
as a minister (he himself called her his sisy in Amethi rally)
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

niran wrote:Blow to Modi!
he had himself decreeded against cronyism and nepotism but goes on and appoint his sister Irani
He also calls us "bhaiyon aur behenon" in his rallies. Does it make me his sis as well?
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

Wat!! Ye a she?!?
there is a difference he canvassed for votes claiming she is his sister.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Double blow, Modi calls me his friend "Mittron" and yet didnot invite me on his swearing in.
He doesn't respect even his friends.. :(( :((
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Rahul Mehta wrote:This is too explosive to be posted here. So I will only put link to my fb status ---
The posts has quote from Dr Mafatbhai Patel, husband of Shrimati Anandiben Patel . And it has political significance , not just mud slinging. https://www.facebook.com/mehtarahulc/po ... 3222986922
Too many issues --- Mauritius route, why TV-channel-owners want Smriti Irani to become Education Minister etc etc
https://www.facebook.com/mehtarahulc/po ... 4235651922
That makes your agenda clear, that you only want to focus your energy on spreading negativity against BJP is clear, while not spending an iota of that energy against Sonia or dare to post something like this too like Dr. Subramanian Swamy has the courage to :
Please raise the issue of Sonia giving 2 false affidavits yes 2 FALSE AFFIDAVITS IN COURT about her education....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOkgaZ_zsow

THIS IS A GODSEND OPPURTUNITY TO ADVERTISE AND MAKE PEOPLE AWARE ABOUT LYING AND CHEATING NATURE OF SONIA, 'CAUSE CONpARTY HAS STARTED THE ISSUE !!!
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Anantha wrote:Smriti is simply a proxy for PM. PM is going to take the JNU Jholas head on. Smriti is a front, to destroy the dynasty in the next elections, by making Amethi developed in 5 years.
+1

good observation.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Shamlee wrote:
He also calls us "bhaiyon aur behenon" in his rallies. Does it make me his sis as well?
Ms. Fruedein! I join you in condeming niran et al for unbecoming of this family forum. Please invite other female friends to BRF!
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Arun Menon wrote:^+1. Don't forget the high school graduate Ms. Sonia Manio who ran the country for 10 years (ran it into the ground). No one bothers questioning them.
Maino didn't study beyond 5th standard, here SSwamy proved it before Chief Justice of Supreme Court, sonia gave to false affidavits to Supreme Court:

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Madhu Kishwar ‏@madhukishwar 5h
Smriti Irani defenders please note:My sentiments echoed with great fervor within BJP circles.BJP insiders saying much harsher things than me
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

IndraD wrote:Madhu Kishwar ‏@madhukishwar 5h
Smriti Irani defenders please note:My sentiments echoed with great fervor within BJP circles.BJP insiders saying much harsher things than me
Grapes are sour.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

She is also shaming many chaddie walas even in this thread!
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

there was a beautiful comment on twitter

''lagta hai degree walo ne desh par jo third degree 10 sal tak kiya, usse man nahi bhra hai''
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

SaiK wrote: Ms. Fruedein! I join you in condeming niran et al for unbecoming of this family forum. Please invite other female friends to BRF!
Unfortunately I don't have many female friends. In any case most females are more interested in jewellery, clothes, their kids, cooking and bi*ching etc. In short, not the type to join BRF.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Congress leader calls Rahul 'joker'; demands his ouster: Blaming Rahul Gandhi for the party's electoral reverses in the Lok Sabha election, a senior leader in Kerala on Wednesday termed the Congress vice president a 'joker' and demanded he be removed from his posts if he does not step down voluntarily.

TH Mustafa, a former minister, also demanded Rahul's sister Priyanka Gandhi be made the new party chief.

Addressing reporters in Kochi, Mustafa said that Rahul Gandhi should quit from his post and if he does not, he should be removed.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Cong is playing mind games. First one congresswala objects Irani's qualification, all guns started blazing on SM; today another congwala says 'degree doesn't matter', which actually should have come from BJP. Now any side is congress's side. Just because you counter accuse a congress person your case doesn't become automatically good. Anyway, next time BJP should be more careful in drafting response. Congress is really good when they are in opposition. They have track record of not losing two consecutive loksabha elections (i am assuming 1998 and 99 as single election).

PS: loudmouth U Bharati is a liability. Modi should be careful of her media access.
Last edited by abhijitm on 28 May 2014 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

sooraj wrote:Congress leader calls Rahul 'joker'; demands his ouster: Blaming Rahul Gandhi for the party's electoral reverses in the Lok Sabha election, a senior leader in Kerala on Wednesday termed the Congress vice president a 'joker' and demanded he be removed from his posts if he does not step down voluntarily.

TH Mustafa, a former minister, also demanded Rahul's sister Priyanka Gandhi be made the new party chief.

Addressing reporters in Kochi, Mustafa said that Rahul Gandhi should quit from his post and if he does not, he should be removed.
Now this is true sister power. :mrgreen:
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

IndraD wrote:Madhu Kishwar ‏@madhukishwar 5h
Is this an argument? BJP leaders who feel they deserved to be the HRD minister than a mere upstart will be bitching about Irani. How can Madhu Kishwar acting as their echo chamber absolve her of spreading propaganda? Can she instead focus on why Modi thought Irani would be a good choice? Most probably, these sour-puss BJP leaders must be prodding Cong behind the scenes to keep attacking Irani in the hope that she is sacked and their own chances improve.
Last edited by SanjayC on 28 May 2014 18:35, edited 2 times in total.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

When personal-attacked BJP leaders should learn to play victim. Learn from Modi, or even that matter Sonia G. SIrani was actually starting to get more sympathy within women and suddenly M Tiwari played opposite card. U Bharati could have played victim rather than attacking Sonia. For god sake Irani is working woman, with children and middleclass background. rural women connect with her. Play victim you @#$%.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

They should have immediately made it into a foreign educated - rich - babalog demonizing & bullying a lower middle class poor desi bahu who did not have money to go to Oxbridge.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

cong in opposition--alone they are nothing they have full media backing, I saw MSM drooling over this issue, luckily we have SM today
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

I concur with RajeshA and Weakass. Smriti is a heat shield and HRD is an all-know ministry, everyone has an opinion on education. I expect her and HRD to consume a disproportionate chunk of the news cycle. I do not believe it is possible for her to become an intellectual heavyweight, if she hasn't shown much by way of that till now, unlikely for her to become something that she is not but then I haven't really seen her speak; maybe it is time to take a look.

No worries. She has high verbal IQ, great situational awareness. Likes to read books. Loner. NaMo in making? She could be PM in 2029. Granted this was biographical and dealt with her entertainment career. "I might be a writer, an entrepreneur etc.". I bet JJ is envious and sees a little bit of her in there. As would be other women in politics/public life.

Her strength is likely execution/monitoring aka project management and public engagements, defending policies on TV. So maybe NaMo expects to take a close interest in HRD and will do backseat driving. In any case, lots of experts will be involved.

We need to create a Smriti Irani Watch thread. Get on the treadmill and make our fantasies complete (yes, and that applies to the entire cabinet, they need to set an example) :mrgreen:

p.s. I don't understand why her reported income is so low (for someone of her background).

p.p.s. Her husband Zubin adopted high tech chankian strategies to hook her, line and sinker.
Last edited by Saral on 28 May 2014 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

How about wimmen empowerment thread?
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

If NaMo were to stick to his no retribution policy, its time to disagree.
Congi pigs will continue to disrupt and NaMo will eventually look weak. Need to crush these vermins with full might of the state machinery.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Omar Abdullah is India's original kejriwal.

BJP has started mind game on 370. They have released a cat among pigeons. Singh said, took back, RSS jumped in. All good. Cong so far has not fallen for it. Omar did or cong is using Omar to counter. So far I am happy with BJP's tactics here. Here it seems Modi and his 'core gang' is in full control.
Last edited by abhijitm on 28 May 2014 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

SaiK wrote:How about wimmen empowerment thread?
Yep.. Make it inclusive onlee.

vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

There is a lot of distress being shown on social media about Modi's tributes to Savarkar's birth anniverssary.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Now @PMOIndia twitter handle is back with PMO and NaMo is tweeting there having 1.3M followers. I am sure it is going to increase many fold. Well at least I started following it.

All old tweets by Ex_PM MMS have been archived at the following URL>

http://www.pmindia.gov.in/pmoIndia/index.html
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Formal orders of the appointment of A K Doval as National Security Advisor (NSA) have been issued. He is a former 1968 batch IPS officer of Kerala cadre.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ex-i ... 64002.html

That is as expected.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

chaanakya wrote:Formal orders of the appointment of A K Doval as National Security Advisor (NSA) have been issued. He is a former 1968 batch IPS officer of Kerala cadre.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ex-i ... 64002.html

That is as expected.
AoA! 8)