Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

kenop
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by kenop »

ramana wrote: US backed the wrong horse/ass as it has invested and cultivated it and was getting daily briefings from MMS as admitted by Omabba.
rmanaji please provide the link. I have tried a little bit with google without success.
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Are there any photos of Modi with queen bee? I do not remember any instances where they have been photographed together.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

none i can find
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Arun Shourie explains the subterfuge of Nehru in passing Article 370 (the guy was itching to screw his own community in Kashmir). After death of Sardar Patel, Nehru began to insinuate that Patel was responsible for it, creating anger among people who knew the real story. Misplaced magnanimity of Sardar is also to blame. He became too magnanimous at least three times, damaging national interest:

1. When he agreed to Gandhi's request to withdraw from the contest to become Cong president the year before Independence (and hence the first PM) in favour of Nehru. Patel should have shown Gandhi the middle finger at his trying to engineer a palace coup.

2. When he agreed to demand of Nehru to include in constitution not only the right to practice one's faith but also to propagate it. He agreed, after disagreeing vehemently. This opened the door for conversion rackets funded by Goras.

3. He could have easily thrown Article 370 in the bin, but he agreed in Nehru's absence to pass it, despite telling everyone that "Jawaharlala royega" (Nehru will cry later for this)

Lesson for Hindu leaders: Misplaced magnanimity when you could have struck the deadly blow will come back to haunt you later. Modi seems to the going the same way. To show "magnanimity", he is giving free pass to news editors for their past sins against him. When he loses elections, these very same people will catch his throat, and that time Cong will make sure Modi is down and out for ever. Modi should strike some deadly blows at the Congress support structure when he is in power and can easily do it.

Watch this video from 1:12:45 onwards.

[youtube]mSxeufDsu0A&feature=youtu.be&t=1h12m44s[/youtube]
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

kenop wrote:
ramana wrote: US backed the wrong horse/ass as it has invested and cultivated it and was getting daily briefings from MMS as admitted by Omabba.
rmanaji please provide the link. I have tried a little bit with google without success.
Kenop look in MMS thread for Obama statement.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Shamlee wrote:
ramana wrote:Looks like Shotgun and Aunty are again complaining about age and intelligence.
Shotgun must be burning with jealousy because Smriti who is also from showbiz achieved what he couldn't in spite of winning elections several times.
and his junior too.

this buffoon is a prime example of the entitlement class.

If you happened to pick the losing side of the battle, keep your mouth shut.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Exchange of tax information between Mauritius and India benefits Mauritius NOT India

I have explained in detail on my facebook post at https://www.facebook.com/mehtarahulc/po ... 6546311922 . The whole status isnt printable here. So I will only print main portion here.
[Mauritius treaty ...] says that if Mauritius company earns profits of say Rs. 1000 crore India , then it has OPTION of paying Rs 30 crore in Mauritius or Rs 350 crore in India. Obviously , company would prefer to pay Rs. 30 crore in Mauritius . Now what some companies used to do is that on their tax return in India, they would write "paid Rs 30 crore tax in Mauritius " and then claim exemption on Rs 350 crore tax payable in India. And then they would NOT even pay Rs 30 in Mauritius . Now Mauritius will inform GoI whether that company has actually paid Rs 30 crore in Mauritius or not. If not, then GoI can collect Rs 350 crore in India. So obviously, now company is NOT going to pay Rs 350 crore in india. Instead, it would pay Rs 30 crore in Mauritius as it said on the return. IOW, the exchange of tax information between Mauritius and India benefits Mauritius NOT India !!! ....
ramana wrote:
Modi could ask for a perpetual lease of an island in the Mauritius archipelago to host a naval facility or else the money will be withdrawn.
There are many things underway.

Constant jaundiced look will distort the vision.
RM ji you actually have a jaundiced view :rotfl: . The rationale of a DTAA is understandable by all.

But how the hell do you take that and twist it into an argument to not even try to plug the gaps. The problem of black money has to be tackled at many places and Mauritius is not an exception. Most of the entities in Mauritius are only offices for sourcing the money supply housed with admin staff and accountants. They themselves do not produce or even control the laundering operation in any real sense but they do facilitate a part of the process along - that of hiding identities and managing control over invested but laundered monies. And because they are not the real controllers hence somebody should take charge of this black hole in the IOR - If it is not India then rest assured its somebody who can make life difficult for India.

Do you think you will get any cooperation in identifying the Indian entities, from a foreigner controlled Mauritius (where India would exercise no handle), when you go prepare the remedial structure within India, to question/challenge the mechanism of black money generation. As part of extension of jurisdiction you have to challenge and subvert everyone who is not you.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Jhujar wrote:
mchilian wrote:Modi should perhaps give a statement about the gruesome Badaun rape+murders - not an MMS-style "condemnation" - but a strong worded statement detailing what specific action his govt will take against the perps, or atleast how his govt will work with state govt to bring perps to justice.
Since Ropers are involved, its deliberate provocation to start communal riots to give excuse to many NGOs jump on the issue. Let locals mechanisms deliver the justice.
What is the involvement of ROPers in this? The arrested all seem to be non-ROPers.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Yesterday shotgun was whining age can't be criteria re minister appointment
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

Agnimitra wrote:What is the involvement of ROPers in this? The arrested all seem to be non-ROPers.
Inter OBC quarrel here. Seems to have something to do with electoral result of UP.
Last edited by member_28352 on 31 May 2014 13:02, edited 2 times in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

as Humpry says in YES PRIME MINISTER - The is one more quality one need to become a PM - the killer instinct. NM has plenty of it when comes to winning elections. He may take some time to play his cards or may be playing them very discreatly for destructions of mafia. My dhothi wetting from another thread -

NM so for not dismissed any mafia appointed gov like - Narasimhan - who regularly used to brief mafia queen or even Sheela aunty. Even Guj gov who facing allegations of criminal deeds in Rajasthan is not yet dismissed. UPA did it immediately after it came to power in 2004. In politics you are required/expected to return the compliment.

Allowing these fellows to continue seriously weaken the fear factor in mafia. Mafia if not afraid will return. NM needs to keep it afraid all the time. Fear will ensure that its judgment will be clouded. It will also sent a message to B teams that relentless attack on mafia is on and can engulf them at any time.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

abhijitm wrote:Didi tera dewar diwana! :D
Touch a single person and we’ll see: Mamata to Modi on Bangladeshi migrants
It is a criminal offence to provide sanctuary to illegal immigrants. File an FIR against her.

Actually the state Govt can be dismissed for interfering with national security issues. If Modi goes ahead many people in WB would support. It is going to polarize the electorate which will benefit the BJP in 2016 AE. As for AS the people have given the mandate clearly and a go-ahead signal.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

Smriti Irani asks Delhi University to reinstate officials who were suspended for leaking documents on her education
A day after five officials from Delhi University's School of Open Learning were suspended for allegedly leaking to the press documents related to the new HRD minister's education, Smriti Irani has tweeted, "Since DU is an autonomous institution I have put forth my personal appeal to the VC to reinstate the officials."

As per university sources, the officials, section officer downwards, were suspended for allegedly "opening confidential sections of the files" and sharing with a Hindi newspaper copies of Irani's documents including her admit card. The documents show that Irani had taken admission in political science in 2013; she also didn't write her first year exam.
I think BJP and those in govt are going too far the other way in order to be seen as "very nice people". I think this is bullshit. The fact is, the law was broken here and it needs to take its course. Not this "we are nice people and we forgive you " attitude.

If I were in her place, I would want to see these people taken through the courts and action taken. The last thing this govt should do is let everyone who breaks the law go free and create an atmosphere of "we will be forgiven no matter what we do". This applies to everything - including defamation by other politicians.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^I just think she is trying to keep appearances when there is too much limelight on her. She doesn't seem to be particularly soft or forgiving to say the truth.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Arun Menon wrote: Politics is not sports to be this chummy with your opponents. .
Damn, some one didn't get your memo

One reads too much into a politicians politieness at their own risk. Mental, emotional, physical and financial.

:lol:
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

Sanku wrote:
Arun Menon wrote: Politics is not sports to be this chummy with your opponents. .

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoqXU3aIYAAlvFk.jpg:medium

One reads too much into a politicians politieness at their own risk. Mental, emotional, physical and financial.

sanku sir .I think you have misread the context behind aruns post.

arun is wrong in that "politics is not sports..." in general. However his statement probably would only apply to india. In the west for instance, personal attacks on politicians is not as bad as it is in india. Even if personal attacks are made, they are fact based. Not on lies or "opinione" like they are in india. They also would not go against a court acquital. This is why barry gardiner found it weird the way paid media were simply ignorin the courts decision and parroting nonsense because of "free speech" - free speech does not mean you can go around insulting people and defaming them based on your opinions and whether you like them or not. It just means you have the right to speak the truth even if it is not appropriate. They for instance would not degrade an oppponent simply because he worked as a chai wala.

In india, however, there seems to be no respect for opponents and it is in this context i feel arun made that statement. And in this context i agree. When you are surrounded by jackals and vultures, you cannot be a sheep.
Last edited by JohnTitor on 31 May 2014 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Shatrughan Sinha who couldn't have won w/o Modi wave is giving Modi headache, he is also on D4 side, all these scum bugs exposed

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/pr ... 36259.html
Priyanka & family must get SPG cover
http://www.abplive.in/india/2014/05/31/ ... ghan-Sinha
There should be no cut off age for minister's berth

he is a drunkard who should have been denied LS ticket and given to CP Thakur perhaps. But caste factor played there
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Sanku ji that was great.

Also to add:
Why only politicians. Why not these guys

Or these guys, one who was stopped by everybody from becoming PM and the one who could not be stopped by anybody from becoming one

Or this - the brother and the sister :D

Or this one - the doctor and his patient

More at http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/s ... 0527.htm#1
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

ravi_g wrote:Sanku ji that was great.
Thank you ravi_g ji. :) You are da man.
Shonu wrote:sanku sir .I think you have misread the context behind aruns post.

arun is wrong in that "politics is not sports..." in general
Shonu ji, you misunderstand me. I do agree that politics is not sport. That is why when politicians smile at each other in public, its not like sports people smiling at each other in public.

:wink:
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

This is the joke I like most.

A joke doing the rounds:

Modi asks Nitish ‘How many seats did you win?’

Nitish: ‘Two’.

Modi: ‘So did I -- Vadodara and Varanasi’.

Modi: ‘What will you do now?’

Nitish: 'I have resigned as CM’.

Modi: ‘So have I!’
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Pratyush wrote:RamaY,

You have made very good points, regarding Artha and enjoyment. But out in the wider world, we have a lot of people particularly in the INC system who deride the pursuit of wealth. Not just that, they regard any one who is in pursuit of wealth as a low life, or worst a criminal.

What is it about the INC system that makes them treat wealth this way. Is this because they are a bunch of hypocrites or is it just plain envy, disguised as intellectualism.

I am sorry, if my question comes across as OT.
I think you are not OT. Its very much relevant to the idea of India. The fundamental question to ask is - what do you define as wealth.

Coming back to Ambani.

An anecdote from my other halfs side of the family. When Dhirubhai wanted to start the cotton mill (I think) he went through the channels. The file landed with my wifes grandfather who was the commissioner of that relevant department. Obviously, too many assumptions were made in the application, hence it was rejected almost 20 odd times. Finally when the old man retired, the new guy who took over, accepted a sizeable number of shares to get the business running.

All the wealth generated by Ambani is thus based on lies. However, as too much water has flown under the Mithi river.

His business is a mega business and just like any mega business, there is subjugation at some level. Its not how things should be if defined from Dharmic Perspective.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Interesting, but let me ask you counter question.

What business the govt. had, to prevent the opening of the Cotton mil by any one.
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Pratyush wrote:Interesting, but let me ask you counter question.

What business the govt. had, to prevent the opening of the Cotton mil by any one.
The current level of enlightenment did not exist in those days. The laws reflected that thinking.
The bureaucracy was just implementing the laws.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

some wag mentioned here from pov of businessman.
in hong kong and amrika one can do anything except a small number of banned things.
in india one can do nothing except a small number of allowed things.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Tweets

Narendra Modi ‏@PMOIndia 2h

I bow to this proud son of India: PM offering tributes to Maharana Pratap on his birth anniversary

Maharana Pratap's life symbolised ultimate courage, patriotism & sacrifice: Prime Minister Shri @narendramodi

Prime Minister @narendramodi pays tributes to the great Maharana Pratap on his birth anniversary.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 2h

Maharana Pratap's life symbolised ultimate courage, patriotism & sacrifice. I bow to this proud son of India on his birth anniversary.

Never heard any other PM to offer tribute to Maharana Pratap.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Singha wrote:some wag mentioned here from pov of businessman.
in hong kong and amrika one can do anything except a small number of banned things.
One businessman told with me with respect to doing business in India: "In India, everything is banned unless specifically permitted by the Government. In America, everything is permitted unless specifically banned by the Government."
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Espot the similatijiz

Sorry for too many photos inlined. Mod if inappropriate please remove them.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

panduranghari wrote:Coming back to Ambani.

An anecdote from my other halfs side of the family. When Dhirubhai wanted to start the cotton mill (I think) he went through the channels. The file landed with my wifes grandfather who was the commissioner of that relevant department. Obviously, too many assumptions were made in the application, hence it was rejected almost 20 odd times. Finally when the old man retired, the new guy who took over, accepted a sizeable number of shares to get the business running.

All the wealth generated by Ambani is thus based on lies. However, as too much water has flown under the Mithi river.

His business is a mega business and just like any mega business, there is subjugation at some level. Its not how things should be if defined from Dharmic Perspective.
You are unable to see the larger picture. Your thinking goes like this:

In one country, the Government banned people from breathing. Millions perished. The smart few have been greasing palms of "breath inspectors," thinking of innovative ways to somehow get air into their lungs. Soon, some of them become experts at managing the ecosystem, and grow healthy by breathing quite well, but it comes at a cost -- of cozying up to the powers that be, flattering them and helping them in their affairs to stay in power. Such healthy people are now envy of other citizens who have got bones protruding out because their bodies can get barely enough oxygen without the "breath inspector" caning them for breaking the law.

Instead of the guys who became healthy getting appreciation for managing the ecosystem and working around an unjust law, they are now the butt of taunts and ridicule. Everyone says: "The whole life of these crooked healthy people is based on a lie, on manipulating others, on being shrewd and cunning, on subverting the system. They don't deserve any respect for not following the law of the land." However, nobody has the brains to ask, why should there actually be a law which bans breathing. Instead, everyone still continues to worship the people who banned breathing, complimenting them on their wisdom.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

chaanakya wrote:Espot the similatijiz

Sorry for too many photos inlined. Mod if inappropriate please remove them.
This absurd situation is because of some SC judges who in their wisdom banned the use of handcuffs because according to these worthies, handcuffs are "against human dignity"! Your jaw really drops at the quality of judgements coming out of SC.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

I think that we should get mortal remains of Prithviraj Chauhan and Bahadur Shah Zafar back to India.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

SanjayC wrote:
Singha wrote:some wag mentioned here from pov of businessman.
One businessman told with me with respect to doing business in India: "In India, everything is banned unless specifically permitted by the Government. In America, everything is permitted unless specifically banned by the Government."
Let me put it in slightly different words:
Inflation can occur either by demand being pulled up by higher consumption while the supply side is efficient. It can also occur when the supply side is either structurally or artificially kept inefficient. In India the supply side has been kept artificially scarce and artificially inefficient by the government.

What that means is that as the population rises, the supply becomes increasingly scarce, resulting in increasing price (inflation) and also since the supply side is choked there is no way to increase supply quickly resulting in the poor becoming poorer and consequently the rich getting richer. This is another gift of the "peaceful liberation" from the briturds.

This fact is not surprising. The tools for choking the supply side from getting efficient was put in place by the colonial mass murdering turds that were the British. Due to a peaceful transfer of power our founding fathers never bothered to change this architecture of supply side control. Infact they found the left-over colonial administrative system easy to corrupt and abuse, again no surprises there because it was DESIGNED to stifle industrial growth in the colonized country.

This artificially inefficient supply side is the case in every country that had a 'peaceful freedom struggle' against the parasitic briturds or other oiropean monkeys that looted and destroyed the host country.

While I am no fan of the free Market style capitalism followed USA, this is PRECISELY what we need at the moment to further us in the "foodchain" so to speak. In America this freemarket capitalism has distorted itself into cartelization, where demand-pull inflation and the destruction of the middle class has caused insane amount wealth (and consequently power) with the wealthy few.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

chetak wrote:
Shamlee wrote:
Shotgun must be burning with jealousy because Smriti who is also from showbiz achieved what he couldn't in spite of winning elections several times.
and his junior too.

this buffoon is a prime example of the entitlement class.

If you happened to pick the losing side of the battle, keep your mouth shut.
What has Shotgun done for his constituency? He should be thankful to NaMo for giving him a ticket in spite of him (Shotgun) saying last year that he thought Nitish Kumar would make a better PM than NaMo.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

^^ caste equation. CP Thakur was given ticket last time and he lost because many sinhas from Patna didn't vote for him in outrage. Who have a large number there. SSinha is a complete namakharam, unfortunately to get numbers people like him have been adjusted. He enjoys close contact with D4.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

Sanku wrote:

Ya, I blew a gasket there, sorry about venting here, but really they are too chummy for my liking. Its not the superficial things like politeness and charm that bother me, not even the calculations and trading that goes on behind the scenes. I am not naive enough to think that they don't have links with each other.

It is just the way they have sequestered themselves into these gilded palaces of elitedom, selling us out to alien interests that bothers me. Even the corrupt knows to look out for its own, the very same people they are exploiting (just look at the chinese).

I know Advani back in the day was the star of the game, the bright hope for us. But, the way his family and he himself has been sucked into this filthy cabal is just sad to see. I only feel so outraged because I had so much hope in him. He has become a disappointment beyond words.

As for Amit Shah being kind to that "old man" (even if he doesn't deserves it), I know that he would not hesitate to slip a knife between his ribs when the time comes. Sadly, I don't feel that holds true for Advani.
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

Deleted.......Wrong Thread.
Last edited by geeth on 31 May 2014 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Anna Hazare on Narendra Modi: ‘Achchhe din aane wale hain’ because Modi seems to have a vision
http://www.indiatvnews.com/politics/nat ... 17955.html
Social activist Anna Hazare has finally praised the NDA government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Anna Hazare while speaking to a leading newspaper, also said that it seems that “achchhe din aane wale hain (good days are coming)”.

“The new Government paints a promising picture for the future. Maybe it does seem like achchhe din aane wale hain,” said Anna Hazare.

Anna Hazare, however, clarified that his newly-constituted 'Asli Azaadi Abhiyaan' would keep a close watch on PM Narendra Modi and his Ministers for the next four-six months. :roll:

Anna further added that if Modi led government fails to deliver on their promises then his outfit will launch a countrywide agitation.

Anna also praised Modi’s instructions to his ministers to refrain from including kin as personal staff and to consider the opinion of the people while framing policies.

“Modi seems to have a vision,” said Anna Hazare.

“The public was sick of corruption, and the fact that this is the first thing this Government is tackling with the formation of the SIT (on black money) is a good sign. It probably never even crossed the mind of the earlier government to do something like this, perhaps because most of their own ministers were involved in so many scams — and they paid for this attitude,” Anna said.

Anna was critical of Arvind Kejriwal and opined that he seems to have got carried away.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

geeth wrote:Generally speaking, if you read in between thelines, or add 2&2, my gut feeling is that they are going to do what they want, silently. They do not seem to be wanting to waste their time on debates before implementing things...Announce their intentions if need be at appropriate time, do it and move on. Who cares what the debate is, AFTER things are done.? In this respect, Gen V.K. Singh is going to be the most silent operator.

Other option is to indulge in debates with kongis and their chelas, like that happening in this thread.
+1008. If an issue + its solution does not require political pressure or public opinion, it will be silently done. Only if an issue + solution requires pressure on the political opponents, or support from both LS and RS; will Modi team go to the public.

In the later cases balloons and flares will be sent up far earlier to assess mood and create public discussion. The media cannot be totally negative as in the pre-PM days, so even the MSM has to join and sing praises now and then - else Modi will just continue to use the SM and make MSM relevant to a few.

Twitter is probably the most hated institution among non-BJP parties and MSM.

And sharing a laugh or a chat with political opponents is not a hallmark of giving up on the cause or party. For crying out aloud, even the PM of Pakistan is entertained; and you guys want Indian politicians to ignore other Indian politicians. Sad. You guys will remain jingoes. :mrgreen: Amit is dragging the bakara to the altar of sacrifice. :rotfl:
Last edited by SwamyG on 31 May 2014 19:25, edited 2 times in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

In America everything is Fees (non-negotiable unless you are uber rich and politically connected); in India everything is bribe (negotiable and politically connected). Bribes when institutionalized becomes Fees.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

kenop wrote:

The current level of enlightenment did not exist in those days. The laws reflected that thinking.
The bureaucracy was just implementing the laws.
Wrong and Unjust laws are meant to be broken and should be broken for the greater good of the nation. Atleast that is what people like Veer Savarkar and Bhagat Singh did in their time. We should also do the same.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Dunno. Red tape and all that. You are missing the point though. Ambani was crooked and all he achieved was by crooked means. That's now things should be?

I remember an interview by Bismillah Khan when he was asked why did he choose Shehnai and not another instrument. He said there was 'diggaj' in all instruments but the only left was Shehnai. So he wanted to be so good at it that no one ever came close to him. He added - he will never stop anyone from coming forward and getting ahead, but he will want to do it on his own accord. Dhirubhai never played the game fair. That is all what I wanted to state when I brought up the topic.