Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by SwamyG »

I am deeply disappointed with BRFites :((, nobody highlighted an important point that was slipped by Modi in his speech :mrgreen:

He clearly said "barah so saal gulami" {1200 years of slavery}. MSM kind of missed the implication. Wow, it was like seeing a BRFite make a speech in Parliament.

While I had heard all his other points earlier, his narration about exporting Teachers was a new one. He has talked about teachers earlier, but the way he explained was a gem. Paraphrasing - vayapari dollar leke aatha hain, teacher puri peedi leke aatae hain". { A trader brings in dollar, but a teacher captures entire generation}. He is talking about soft-power and cultural influence. When was the last time a leader talk and mean these things, eh?

I noticed even one or two Congress MPs leaning forward and listening it with rapt attention. Modi touched upon different states, inciting applause from the respective contingent.

We have to come up with a nice name for this Modi tactic. He hugs both friends and enemies, so tightly. The enemies are scared of this hug, because they fully realize they cannot avoid it in public. And behind the scenes, Modi will still get the things done. By this hug, he does not give his enemies the freedom for their moves.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

VikasRaina wrote:Watched the whole speech on web.
What a stirring speech. MMS would not even understand some of the concepts that NaMo talked about.
SG looked clueless as always.
What a man, what ideas. Those who have started criticizing Namo should give him time to implement these ideas.
He is the greatest leader India has since Swami Vivekananda. Even MKG, SP and JLN put together would not match to the wholesome leadership he has shown. He spoke promptly with so much of passion and energy.

We wont have someone as good as him for many years to come. One ABV for 6 years and we had to suffer MMS and Dynasty for 10 years. Let us protect him as much as we can rather than be the first one to pick the stone.
+1

As if we needed rurther reinforcement that this is a truly extraordinary man.

For BRF the takeaway should be that ideas are key, translate ideas to agenda, build a popular movement for the agenda, be prepared to sacrifice everything.

I am even more convinced after this speech that Modi is not going to do anything to defend and promote Indicness. He is right to put development ahead of ideology, Vivekananda did the same.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

SwamyG wrote:I am deeply disappointed with BRFites :((, nobody highlighted an important point that was slipped by Modi in his speech :mrgreen:
He also took a dig against people gunning for Smriti Irani during talk on skill development. And how he started a pilot in Gujarat to fix skill development issue.

Not sure why BRFites missed that :((

But yes, rona-and-dhona comes easy! If BRFites can do better than Modi incl. not being MNC agents and stooges - then they are welcome to join the elections, become PM and become a better PM than Modi. More power to them! :D
We have to come up with a nice name for this Modi tactic. He hugs both friends and enemies, so tightly. The enemies are scared of this hug, because they fully realize they cannot avoid it in public. And behind the scenes, Modi will still get the things done. By this hug, he does not give his enemies the freedom for their moves.
Modi makes his enemies fear their own karma. Hence they fear Modi.

Sonia Maino was completely clueless., and did not even have the decency to applaud Modi's speech. She had the option to become a statesman, just by telling Modi that we share the same lofty goals for India, our way did not work, we will try your way., but do not fail. But naah, the Gati ("Karmic State" is the closest I can think of as Gati) of termite is haunting her actions.

The current Gati (Karmic State) of Modi is that of a Chakravartin!
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

On Modi's speech
My only thought. What punya did we do that after all these lost decades we finally found a true 'yogi' to rule us and with such a clear mandate to implement his policies! I am willing to forget all my pet issues just to see this man turn India around. May he rule for a 1000 years..no one else deserved that blessing..ever
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

disha wrote:
SwamyG wrote:I am deeply disappointed with BRFites :((, nobody highlighted an important point that was slipped by Modi in his speech :mrgreen:
He also took a dig against people gunning for Smriti Irani during talk on skill development. And how he started a pilot in Gujarat to fix skill development issue.

Not sure why BRFites missed that :((

But yes, rona-and-dhona comes easy! If BRFites can do better than Modi incl. not being MNC agents and stooges - then they are welcome to join the elections, become PM and become a better PM than Modi. More power to them! :D
Modi makes his enemies fear their own karma. Hence they fear Modi.

Sonia Maino was completely clueless., and did not even have the decency to applaud Modi's speech. She had the option to become a statesman, just by telling Modi that we share the same lofty goals for India, our way did not work, we will try your way., but do not fail. But naah, the Gati ("Karmic State" is the closest I can think of as Gati) of termite is haunting her actions.

The current Gati (Karmic State) of Modi is that of a Chakravartin!
I don't think she understood a word he said.

She might be thinking "What about my SWISS a/c? Is Ahmed Patel going to ditch me?"
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

[quote="vivek.raoquote="SwamyG"]I am deeply disappointed with BRFites :((, nobody highlighted an important point that was slipped by Modi in his speech :mrgreen: He Sonia Maino was completely clueless., and did not even have the decency to applaud Modi's speech. She had the option to become a statesman, just by telling Modi that we share the same lofty goals for India, our way did not work, we will try your way., but do not fail. But naah, the Gati ("Karmic State" is the closest I can think of as Gati) of termite is haunting her actions.The current Gati (Karmic ate) of Modi is that of a Chakravartin!I don't think she understood a word he said.She might be thinking "What about my SWISS a/c? Is Ahmed Patel going to ditch me?"[/quote][/quote]

While Modi was distributing intellectual Ras Malai, Congasurmamma was thinking, missing the gutter food and talk. Modi is right claiming 1200 years of Gulami, MMS was the last one and Gulami era ended with the removal of MainoMohnaSyapa.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Once MH falls, The fall of Dynasty as we know it is imminent. Pawar is no longer getting any younger and congress has no leader worth his name on the horizon except for uncouth folks like Sanjay Nirupam etc.
With MH out of their grasp, The Hindutava forces can launch their attack on the last bastion of Sultanate which is lef-lib-sick crowd. Till then Modi ji is going to sing only development bhajans and nothing else. Patliputra is next target.

One of things that I wish to see NaMo sarkaar indulging in is giving back original indic names to cities and towns. That is how we will take back our indic civilization inch by inch, city by city.
If Calcutta can be renamed back as Kolkata and Madras as Chennai, nothing stops govt to rename Allahbad , A'bad and Aurangabad. Give us back our lost identity.
We will see Rona-Dhona in MSM and even on BRF, but somewhere Sarkaar needs to make a start for the core supporters who stood by BJP when chips were down and Jinnah lovers like LKA and Jassu were ruling the roost.
We must be paid for our faith and patience at sometime in future.
patel
BRFite

Post by patel »

Brilliant writeup on FP. Very very similar to our views here on BRF:

http://www.firstpost.com/india/modi-rig ... ef_article
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kaushal was one of the first to talk about the double colonization of India and how one lead to the other in around 2000. And he went to Delhi and held a history seminar in the jackals den in mid 2000s with UPA screwcar in charge.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

ramana wrote:Kaushal was one of the first to talk about the double colonization of India and how one lead to the other in around 2000. And he went to Delhi and held a history seminar in the jackals den in mid 2000s with UPA screwcar in charge.
Ah Kaushal! He is the reason I joined BR. How and where is he?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

niran wrote:Just in
NaMo has decided and given proper ministerial permits to build pucca road along
the whole of LAC ( mind you tis LAC not LOC) the aim is to have connectivity along the whole 4000+ km.
see the significance of his visit to Bhutan?(of all the places)
I think Rohitvats had explained about a year ago that how roads in Northeast are going like a japanese fan to chinese border but they are not connected between themselves, so maybe that's what NaMo is trying ot do?

Like the pinkish part on Fan will be road giving armed forces freedom to more from west to east and east to west. Probably General (Retd.) Sh. V.K. Singh must have advised.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:Kaushal was one of the first to talk about the double colonization of India and how one lead to the other in around 2000. And he went to Delhi and held a history seminar in the jackals den in mid 2000s with UPA screwcar in charge.
Not to mention the Leftist, Pseudo Historian, Pseudo Intellectual Doormen of Dili Darbar tried best to scuttle his seminar.
Shalav
BRFite

Post by Shalav »

Shamlee wrote:
- The hall was not full. MPs should have taken the trouble to attend this session.
The treasury benches were full. Opposition benches were not fully occupied.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Suraj wrote:
I wish someone would repost the Viswanathan article where he does a detailed analysis of what Modi did when he took charge of Gujarat. Nothing much happened at the beginning, while he asked all the bureaucrats to make presentations and describe their roles. He wasn't just understanding what they do. He spend time to understand how they worked and who got things done or had the ability to get things done or block things from being done.

This is a critical administrative ability that nearly all political leaders lack. Modi has it. He has a record of using it to accomplish things. His record also shows that this process takes time. It takes time at the state level and will take even more time at the national level.
http://archives.deccanchronicle.com/130 ... ehind-mask
Narendra Modi the man behind the mask

DC | 22nd Sep 2013

Narendra Modi’s arrival on the national stage has all the drama that goes with a coronation. Cast aside, miffed elder Lal Krishna Advani decides he will sheath his sword to fight another day. The dowager empress Sushma Swaraj meekly falls in line.

This week, in the aftermath of the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar, UP, where a bloodlust has all the hallmarks of a pre-election ploy to polarise the Hindu-Muslim vote, we bring you an insight by pro- and anti-Modi writers on the rise and rise of the ultimate pracharak, the man behind the development mask. Who is the real Modi?

The ultimate pracharak...

Shiv Visvanathan

The Narendra Modi juggernaut is moving to Delhi. Most remarkable, how he not only controls the masses around him but determines the narratives about himself. In this essay, I want to break the stencil by going back to Modi and the bureaucracy.

As shrewd observers of power, they provide a sense of his control beyond the creation of riots and gated cities of the future. Listen to five bureaucrats who agreed to talk about his initial years.

Bureaucrats in the Gujarat cadre claimed they used to laugh at Narendra Modi when he first came to meetings. Unlike previous chief ministers who were either MLAs or had some political and administrative experience, this man was a novice, and a pracharak at that.

He came for meetings but sat through them silently. For a whole year, he said nothing. But he asked everyone else to speak. Meetings with secretaries would begin at 6.30 and last long into the night.

Everyone spoke. Everyone had to speak. Each department’s anatomy, agenda, problem, and tactic had to be presented. It was as if his mind and ears were tuning in, listening to notes of discord and making them bend to his will.

“Earlier, we senior bureaucrats would boast about our notes of dissent. We were as proud of them as if they were Supreme Court judgements, discuss them, and describe how we bought a minister's unreal proposal to heel with dissent notes till it sounded the way we wanted.

A few dissent notes could domesticate a minister. But Modi changed the rules of the game. A memo was returned or subject to silent dismissal till it came back the way he wanted it to be written,” the bureaucrat said.

As his knowledge of bureaucracy grew, the logic of evil intensified, increasing by scale from cadre to secretariat to city. Surveillance was high and it created organisations without dissent. He had a way with any opposition, a classic ability to dismember them.

Remember the Bhartiya Kisan Sangh? Raucously loud, they were powerful peasant leaders, people who could gather a lakh of people at a rally with ease. But for Modi, emasculating them was a day's work. They are gone. Modi knows how to dismantle institutionalised opposition, partly by changing the rules of the game.

The chamber of commerce in Gujarat is another example. It’s a powerful pressure group, confident, substantial a bulwark of civil society. Its secretary had this to say, only a few months ago when asked about the COC. He said “what can I tell you, instead of representing us, it is now an extension of the regime.”

These are not sentimental men. They understood the rigours of the politics of patronage. What Modi did to COC was to change its membership, change its content sociologically.

It is now a society of small time businessman, segmented and easy to handle. It’s a skill that Modi employs to control institutions. The means are clean. He emasculates as a means to counter or dismember. And he is immaculately methodological.

Until Modi, the senior bureaucrats’ experience of other CMs were of men who were ready to please, ready to play by the new rules of the game. In Modi’s case, his initial silence may have been misleading.

Says a bureaucrat “Don't doubt the intelligence, the hegemonic intelligence of the man. He came as pracharak and created a pracharak's world at the secretariat. Two things by that time were clear; the intelligence of the man and his intolerance of dissent.

“He was a sponge. He sat, listened, absorbed for a year. It is not as if he was assimilated or diluted by us. It is as if he domesticated and colonised us. He remained the pracharak but the secretariat became a magnified pracharak's world. We became a cadre of clerks, a shakha of bureaucrats. And he sat and listened….”, he adds.

“Modi grew in front of us. What we welcomed with contempt, we now treated with awe. The bumbler was more than a trickster; he was, to use TV terminology, the Mastermind. There is a vulnerability of bureaucrats that one must confront. Few dissent. Most who do, seek transfer, a different comfort zone, a move to Delhi. He who treats them with contempt, commands their awe, their allegiance. We want to please him, to share his power, his manliness, and his assertiveness. Power commands its own sacrament. There is a Masonic conviviality to closeness. Everyone knows the signs of power,” says another.

“There is something about tyranny that we must understand, its intelligence. It is — I hate to use the term — a learning system. And Modi is a sponge. He learns from the right people. Look at his dress. The colours are mellow. If you are sharp, you look beyond the dress, and sense the face. It has matured but grown younger. There is an obvious hair transplant. But even that comes like a Modi fable. He begins wearing a woollen cap. News is spread that he is under Ayurvedic treatment which demands that his head be covered for a while. Which Indian does not understand the strictures of Ayurveda? It is more ritualistic than a widowed mother-in-law,” says this perceptive government official.

“The Emergency taught tyrants a lesson. Economise on brutality. Optimise through fear and populism. Why openly coerce people when they are more than ready to be compliant,” says the bureaucrat, who admits “his enthusiasm for his quota may exceed even Modi's targets.”

“Tyranny is an art form. Have you watched the demolitions around the city? Modi erased 650 temples which were seen as illegal, civic or traffic obstructions. Despite all the publicity there was not an iota of protest, merely articulations of surprise.”

The panarchy of evil has shifted upscale from one organisation to a whole secretariat. It is now ready to roar into the capital city. His logic moves upscale, it is clear he is thinking of a megacity.

It is only as master of the megapolis that Modi will seek to become PM. Desire, growth, mobility within the framework of the city. The inventiveness of evil, outrages the power of goodness to understand or resist it.

We cling to bits like Ashis Nandy's classic piece on Modi as an exemplar fascist. But the pracharak has grown, reinvented himself. Even his misanthropy adds to his integrity as he distances his wife, brothers. An evil deodorised is now ready for the next move.

You don't just vote for Modi, you subscribe to him. The mask is an example. You become vociferous, miniature replications of him, as he watches benignly. It is a logic of power we are only beginning to understand, clinging to fragments of understanding as we, like Peanuts’ Linus blanket for a coming crisis.

We strive to distance him but demon-ologies are deceptive. Modi is us. We amplified ourselves to create him. The bureaucrat's response to Modi as a combination of fear and awe and a sneaky admiration, that is now an epidemic. As Modi moves to power, more people see in him, a message and a messiah of modern India. The trouble with fascism is that it is so seductive.
In answer to this article another good article was written:

http://archives.deccanchronicle.com/130 ... ehind-mask
...No, he’s Mr Out of the Box

| by Vinay Sahasrabuddhe|

Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley recently observed that running a country is different from running a state. There certainly can't be any dispute about that. But in the case of Narendra Modi, crores of Indians seem confident he can manage the nation's affairs with as much dexterity as in Gujarat.

This confidence springs from several factors. The most important of them all is his innovative approach and creative thinking, and that he has risen from the ranks. His elevation is highly reassuring for those who are frustrated and have lost hope in Indian democracy’s ability to deliver.

It is primarily to them that the BJP has given a strong signal that the party values ability and rewards skills.

In a largely dynasty-based political party canvas, the selection of Modi marks a refreshing change, and provides a ray of hope in an otherwise frustrating polity with hardly any internal democracy.

That pressure from grass-root level party workers, hastened his anointment should encourage political workers of every hue as it underscores the importance of ideology-driven party cadres and how much their opinion matters.

Harold Laski, renowned British political thinker once said that a true leader leads the masses and refuses to be led by the masses. For a state chief minister who has won three elections, back to back, without succumbing to populist pressures, to get the party’s nomination largely because of the cadre-sentiments, is noteworthy.

What's the secret of Modi’s popularity amongst the NextGen voters? What makes him stand apart? Notwithstanding his image as a stubborn and inflexible leader, how is he able to win the hearts of people from all walks of life? From where does he gather courage to turn his back on populist measures?

The answer lies in his style of governance. The strength of Narendra Modi is in his courage of conviction and purity of purpose. Nationalism, as he had pointed out several times is his ideology.

Besides, unlike several established politicians who are insecure, and scared of losing the comforts they are accustomed to, Modi is free from cravings for personal aggrandisement, which saw him have the strength to say “Neither do I indulge in corruption, nor would I allow others to do so” (hun khato nathi, ane khavane deto nathi).

It’s the other part of the Modi mantra - Innovation – that has attracted even more interest. In every state we have water canals and most of our states are facing energy shortage. But it was Modi who first thought of covering canals with solar energy panels, thereby preventing vapourisation and generating solar power.

Again, in the era of Internet, with the book reading culture on the wane, Modi sensing the danger of diminishing reading habits, launched a campaign called Vanche Gujarat (Gujarat Reads), and himself went from school to school to promote book reading. Whether its infrastructure or education, urban transport or agriculture, Modi’s creative thinking covers all aspects of governance. The

Modi-mantra is minimum government and maximum governance. His government has entrusted the job of rural water management to villagers, mainly women.

Notably, his emphasis on greater participation of people also has helped him shun populism. Instead, he insists on educating the people.

A decade ago at the historic border village of Dholavira while inaugurating a reconstructed township for the quake-affected, he told the large gathering of villagers up front that it was their duty to pay bills on time.

Even when he was told that bills do not reach in time, his homespun logic was this: “While travelling in a bus, don't you go up to the bus conductor and get your ticket? If bills do not reach you in time, enquire; but pay you must!”

He introduced an innovative imprest fund scheme for private rural maternity homes to enable them to pay travel charges to the expectant mothers, successfully reducing the mother mortality rate.

For farmers, confused, due to lack of timely guidance and counselling, he introduced an Annual Soil Health Card scheme that greatly helped them improve their farm produce. Recently, when the paucity of teachers afflicted

As part of Gujarat government’s efforts for preventing school drop outs, he embarked on an ambitious e-recruitment of teachers. Within a record 30 days, as many as 28,000 teachers had been hired through video interviews. Carried out with utmost transparency, there was zero corruption.

To inculcate a sense of belonging and an attitude of serving the people, Modi introduced a karma yogi training campaign in which over two lakh government employees participated. Other experiments included a chintan baithak, which meant brainstorming with departmental officials at the beginning of every financial year.

Little question then, that Modi has become a Mr Out of the Box thinker, with innovation and creative governance as his hallmarks. When people are fed up with politics that bring no change, that cannot deliver under leaders who seem to be clueless about the path forward, Modi, comes across as an icon of performance who can step into the void.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Dhananjay wrote:
niran wrote:Just in
NaMo has decided and given proper ministerial permits to build pucca road along
the whole of LAC ( mind you tis LAC not LOC) the aim is to have connectivity along the whole 4000+ km.
see the significance of his visit to Bhutan?(of all the places)
I think Rohitvats had explained about a year ago that how roads in Northeast are going like a japanese fan to chinese border but they are not connected between themselves, so maybe that's what NaMo is trying ot do?

Like the pinkish part on Fan will be road giving armed forces freedom to more from west to east and east to west. Probably General (Retd.) Sh. V.K. Singh must have advised.
The pinkish part is the most rugged and mountainous part of AP. It will be a monumental enterprise like nothing we have done so far and judging by the effort on upgrading the existing roads so far, the BRO seems totally incapable of getting it done. A thorny part is labor which is not available locally. It has to come from other parts of India and paid far more than average to make it worth their while. If it is done though, we will be able to really develop AP and the Northeast in multiple ways. Tourism would be massive for example.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Rahul Mehta wrote:One must always read every line of gazette-drafts given by Ministers, PMs, CMs etc, and one must never never never ever waste any time in listening to statements aka bhashans of Ministers, PMs, CMs. Anyone and everyone can write great bhashan these days. There are speech writers all over.
Let's see how sincere you are!

Can you provide me the gazette OR the Rule with its number and all that in Law in Constitution where it gives a "Right to christians and muslims to open educational institutions where only their co-religionists can enroll, while not allowing Hindus to do it".

I'll read it, I promise. It is even possible that I may be able to have a member of parliament from Punjab to raise the issue in a hot debate.

PLEASE PROVIDE IF YOU ARE SINCERE.
---------------------------------------------------
Modi right to ditch English; we now need to decolonise our minds by

| Rajeev Srinivasan Jun 11, 2014 12:58 IST |

The fact that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has decided to speak Hindi with his foreign visitors is a clear statement of principle: there is no need to apologise for Indian-ness, nor is there the need to consider English the be-all and end-all. I liked this view in Firstpost that this helps put the Indian back in Indian-ness. The fact that a number of MPs took their oaths in Sanskrit is further evidence that the age of the unquestioned kowtowing to foreign tongues is coming to an end.

Vive la difference, as the French might say.

I have long felt that languages are subversive, and that sometimes they are masks of conquest. Over time I have begun to feel that, in particular, English is enormously harmful in subtle ways. Now this is a hard thing for me to admit since English is the language that I prefer to write in, and so in a way I am sawing away at the branch that I sit on, quite Kalidasa-like.

Nevertheless, the memes that we absorb with the language essentially deracinate us, because they are so alien. For instance, it was intriguing to hear recently from British Prime Minister David Cameron that “the UK is a Christian country” and that he was intent on propagating his religion (“David Cameron: I am evangelical about my faith”, see The Guardian, 17 April 2014). This is about as bluntly unsecular as one can be: he was declaring that his country not only had an official religion, but that he would go to some length to give primacy to that religion.

In contrast, would any politician in India dare comment even on the fact that looting Hindu temples and transferring their wealth to the state was inappropriate? The government has in fact launched an attack on the Sree Padmanabhaswami Temple in Thiruvananthapuram with the possible intent of grabbing the billions in gold and antiques and gems in its vaults.

But no such thought ever enters the European (Christian) mind. To say that the Vatican has immense wealth that should properly belong to the masses would be considered blasphemy.

The notion that Britain is a Christian country is not new. Years ago, I read the brilliant Raj Syndrome: A Study in Imperial Perceptions by Suhash Chakravarty ,which, with voluminous research, showed that there was, in practice, little difference between the church and the imperial regime (as I described in my column The Predatory State).

I felt a sense of déjà vu when the famously secular The Economist magazine tweeted “ the Arab Muslim world is reacting negatively to a forthcoming movie about Noah, sacred history’s first boat-builder” (emphasis added, and in case you doubt me, below is a screenshot of this tweet timestamped 5:42pm, 13 Mar 2014). This is a plug for its religious blog, Erasmus, which generally talks – very positively of course – about Abrahamic religions, particularly Christianity.

I shall focus on The Economist because I read it regularly, and it probably is the standard-bearer among wide-circulation English-language publications.

A screenshot of The Economist's tweet It amused me because ‘sacred history’ is a deliciously creative euphemism for ‘Christian mythology’: so concrete and real-sounding! The word ‘mythology’, I have noticed over time, is reserved by Anglophones for any non-Semitic stories, eg. Greek, Norse, Hindu, Buddhist, Roman, etc.

Whereas when it comes time to describing their own mythology, Anglophones use ‘scripture’, and never ‘mythology’. But I think ‘sacred history’ is even better, implying there is ‘real’ history and then ‘sacred’ history. Which is true: there is history, and then there is myth.

The problem is that the Anglophone West, and their friends in India, have a tendency to conflate – often with malice aforethought – their myth with history. For instance, let’s take the founding myth of Christian dogma. There is no clear evidence that Jesus Christ actually existed.

No relics, no artifacts, no contemporary historical records, nothing. Nada. Zip. (Well, to be precise, there is the historian Josephus Flavius, but if you believe him, then you must also believe his history of the Essenes which tell you that the reported teachings of Jesus were all in the Essene Gospels of a couple of hundred years earlier).

Similarly there is the beloved myth of St Thomas who, ‘sacred history’ says, arrived in Kerala around 70CE, converted Nambudiri Brahmins, and was murdered in Chennai by Brahmins with a spear, and his skeleton is in Chennai. There are only three problems with this: Thomas never actually went to India, there were no Nambudiris in Kerala at the time, and the Vatican itself certifies that Thomas’ remains are in Ortona, Italy. But this has not stopped the myth from becoming “truth by repeated assertion”.

There is also a nice little embellishment I heard from Shashi Tharoor, that a Jewish girl with a flute greeted the man on a Kerala beach. Those little details… sheer genius!

There were Jews in Kerala around the time: so the plausibility quotient goes up. For a history-centric set of religions – as in the Semitic/Abrahamic religions Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, along with the quasi-religion of Communism – it is important that major historic events that are supposed to have taken place are treated as true history, things that actually happened.

Hence the desperate attempt to confuse ‘real history’ and ‘sacred history’: in other words, an assertion that myth is real. Or, in other words, a ‘sacred lie’. Correspondingly, there is also the subtle denigration of Hindu history as myth.

The Aryan invasion mythology is one such attempt – Hindu ithihasa (ithi-hasa: thus it happened) does not jell with the 4004 BCE creation mythology of the Abrahamics (Bishop Ussher’s 4004 BCE genesis date is the basis of Max Mueller’s assertions). Therefore, the Hindu ithihasa must be myth. QED. In fact, the exact opposite is likely to be the truth: ithihasa as history, Aryan invasion as myth.

The work of Bart Ehrmann, Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, including his book Forged, suggest that there is a great deal of forgery, extrapolation, errors, etc. in the New Testament.

This is unlikely to be ‘history’. The work of Thomas Thompson, a retired Professor of Theology at the University of Copenhagen and a leading archeologist, especially The Historicity of the Patriarchal Narratives, is notable.

It suggests that the Old Testament (Jewish Bible) version of history “is not supported by any archaeological evidence so far unearthed, indeed undermined by it, and that it therefore cannot be trusted as history”.

This is ‘sacred history’? (By the way, Thompson was made unemployable in US academia by Catholic theologians, and so worked as a school teacher, janitor, and housepainter, until the Israelis, and later, Danes, invited him to tenure-track positions.)

So this ‘sacred history’ business is very dubious, but The Economist perseveres. Though years of reading it carefully I have noticed that they use the term ‘Holy Land’ very often (isn’t this rather non-secular, and highly ethnocentric? An outsider certainly wouldn’t consider the West Asian desert particularly holy.).

And for a Hindu or a Buddhist, his ‘Holy Land’ is India. So whose point of view is it? Similarly, ‘Holy See’: why not simply say, ‘Vatican’? Given the reality that it is the biggest, oldest, multinational organisation out there, and that it has a dual status as a country (with its own UN seat) and a religious entity, the Anglophone use of ‘holy’ strikes me as much the same as a vacuous formal title, such as ‘Lord’ or something.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/modi-rig ... ef_article
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Rahul Mehta wrote:One must always read every line of gazette-drafts given by Ministers, PMs, CMs etc, and one must never never never ever waste any time in listening to statements aka bhashans of Ministers, PMs, CMs. Anyone and everyone can write great bhashan these days. There are speech writers all over.
Dhananjay wrote: Let's see how sincere you are! Can you provide me the gazette OR the Rule with its number and all that in Law in Constitution where it gives a "Right to christians and muslims to open educational institutions where only their co-religionists can enroll, while not allowing Hindus to do it". I'll read it, I promise. It is even possible that I may be able to have a member of parliament from Punjab to raise the issue in a hot debate. PLEASE PROVIDE IF YOU ARE SINCERE.
OSF.

As such, my proposal is to remove word "minority" from Constitution and remove ALL law-drafts except caste based reservation which give any extra benefit to any cultural group. and another proposal is to put assets of ALL trusts including ALL religious trusts including churches, qakfs and temples on net. Now all that is OSF. sorry.

Also, law-drafts are to be put by Ministers on net in a searchable format and with proper cross referencing, in as many languages as possible. It is NOT a burden of private citizens to put all drafts on net in searchable form. The costs of putting all drafts in text, HTML, PDF etc formats runs into crores or rupees.

======

If we ignore DRAFTS, then we run into contradictions like --- NaMo claims he supports organic farmic and NaMo has been biggest supporter of BT-cotton in Gujarat !! Now there is no apparent contradiction - after all, one can grow Nt-cotton in organic way. But given the toxicity of Bt-cotton, growing Bt-cotton itself is most unoraganic thing one can do. Now when western countries grow Bt-cotton, they dont use leaves\seeds to feed cattle and they also dont use seeds to make oil which feeds humans. Whereas in Gujarat and whole of India, BT-cotton leaves and seeds are used to feed cattle as well as humans !!! So much for "organic" farming.

Thats why I request all too see the DRAFTS. NaMo printed Gazette drafts in Gujarat which promoted Bt-cotton. He has always been against ban on Bt-cotton. So his talk on organic farming should be seen in THAT light only.

====

Ganga cleaning --- why rivers in USA are clean?

Simple : because Jury ensures that sewer\factory water gets filtered before it can be thrown into river !! Or else water thrower gets fined. In USA, I never saw hooo-haaa on cleaning of rivers. Yet rivers were all more or less clean. Because cities and factories which take river water must remove all chemicals, wastes etc before they throw it back into river. Or else the district\state\union govt imposes a heavy fine. Just as water users clean water before using it, he has to clean the water he uses it,. The only difference is that he may let non-toxic substances such as non toxic salts etc remain in water.
And well, same law-draft also exists in India --- its called as Pollution Control Act. Then why do water thrower dare to throw dirty water? Because courts in USA do impose fines on factories and cities which throw unclean water in river. While courts in India impose no such fines. Why do courts behave differently. OSF reasons. The water cleaning technology has been there for over 100 years !! Even 50 years ago, Municipalities in India were supplying clean waters to home. So they had water cleaning techniques. Similar techniques needs to be applies to clean factory outlet water and sewer water as well. THATS ALL. So instead of spending 1000s of crores or rupees, and calling Japanese to clean river, it would be cheaper to create courts that impose fines on those who throw dirty waters in rivers.

=======

Corrupt deals of UPA leaders

It is possible to get evidences against many Congressmen using narco-tests in public. The narco by themselves are NOT evidences but the speech given in narco can be used to get material evidences. Now one reason BJP-leaders have been opposing narco-tests is because they also have skeletons to hide.

=====

About losses BSNL, MNTL, AI are making

This has been Congress\BJP leaders' trick since 1991 and now AAP leaders are also adopting the same. All three will systematically oppose and kill the efforts to bring law-drafts needed to reduce inefficiencies of PSUs and even private Indian-owned companies. So only option remains will be sell out to private investors and eventually sell out to foreigners using FII, FDI, Mauritius companies etc. This what PVNR\MMS did and ABV continued on same track. We see all talks that NaMo will NOT sell PSUs but reduce inefficiencies. Well, that aint gonna happen. We will soon see.
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 13 Jun 2014 08:40, edited 2 times in total.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

^^Why be obtuse?

It seems you google some point everyday to beat BJP+NaMo, you are unable to provide the info I had asked of you:
Let's see how sincere you are! Can you provide me the gazette OR the Rule with its number and all that in Law in Constitution where it gives a "Right to christians and muslims to open educational institutions where only their co-religionists can enroll, while not allowing Hindus to do it". I'll read it, I promise. It is even possible that I may be able to have a member of parliament from Punjab to raise the issue in a hot debate. PLEASE PROVIDE IF YOU ARE SINCERE.
In answer i get american jury and rivers? :roll:

What obfuscation!
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

OK - this is a nitpick question.

Why 'Barah sau saal ki gulami' ? Wouldn't 'saat sau' or perhaps 'nau sau' saal have been more historically accurate ?
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Arjun wrote:OK - this is a nitpick question.

Why 'Barah sau saal ki gulami' ? Wouldn't 'saat sau' or perhaps 'nau sau' saal have been more historically accurate ?
I think that's from the time the first islamic invaders set foot on India
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

putnanja wrote:

I think that's from the time the first islamic invaders set foot on India
Yes, looked up the history here.

The Delhi Sultanate (the first Muslim rulers of Delhi) started ~ 1200. So that's 800 years.

Parts of present day Pakistan started falling from middle of 8th Century...So, technically, present-day India has not been under barah sau saal gulami - but parts of 'Akhand Bharat' have. Interesting indicator that, from Modi's terminology.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I think our ghulaami begain from either 711AD when Crazy bin Qasim invaded Sindh, or 1001 when Mahmud of Ghazni defeated Jayapala.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

1200 years must not be seen based on physical boundaries of current ROI, but manasikta that is an outcome of invasions and defeats assisted by mercantile attitudes becoming more prominent. I think he was talking about more than physical effects in terms of boundaries but also about degradation of ethic.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Displaced families from Karwar fax a request, PM's office replies instantly

http://www.thenewsminute.com/karnatakas/33
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Arjun wrote: The Delhi Sultanate (the first Muslim rulers of Delhi) started ~ 1200. So that's 800 years.

Parts of present day Pakistan started falling from middle of 8th Century...So, technically, present-day India has not been under barah sau saal gulami - but parts of 'Akhand Bharat' have. Interesting indicator that, from Modi's terminology.
I haven't watched the speech yet. But, if he said 1200 years of slavery, then I think you are right, he seems to be talking about entire Bhaarath, not just the truncated part after 1947.

If thats the case, then some of the parts are still not liberated.
VikasRaina wrote:Once MH falls, The fall of Dynasty as we know it is imminent. Pawar is no longer getting any younger and congress has no leader worth his name on the horizon except for uncouth folks like Sanjay Nirupam etc.
With MH out of their grasp, The Hindutava forces can launch their attack on the last bastion of Sultanate which is lef-lib-sick crowd. Till then Modi ji is going to sing only development bhajans and nothing else. Patliputra is next target.

One of things that I wish to see NaMo sarkaar indulging in is giving back original indic names to cities and towns. That is how we will take back our indic civilization inch by inch, city by city.
If Calcutta can be renamed back as Kolkata and Madras as Chennai, nothing stops govt to rename Allahbad , A'bad and Aurangabad. Give us back our lost identity.
We will see Rona-Dhona in MSM and even on BRF, but somewhere Sarkaar needs to make a start for the core supporters who stood by BJP when chips were down and Jinnah lovers like LKA and Jassu were ruling the roost.
We must be paid for our faith and patience at sometime in future.
There is something interesting about names, saar.
If the names and terminologies are not important, then no one should have any objection if Bhaarathiya names are used, after all its not an important issue.
On the other hand, if names and terminologies are important, then its crucial that Bhaarathiya names are used.

Either way, Bhaarathiya names have to be used. Whenever anyone raises this issue, some people come up and say, "oh, not now. Its not the priority. This is trivial. X/Y should be the priority." Another set of people say," the next step will be 'Manuvaad'!".

All this seems like a dhimmi thinking. All the geographical names should be reverted to their original names before invaders mutilated them to enforce their agenda.
Rahul Mehta wrote:
If we ignore DRAFTS, then we run into contradictions like --- NaMo claims he supports organic farmic and NaMo has been biggest supporter of BT-cotton in Gujarat !! Now there is no apparent contradiction - after all, one can grow Nt-cotton in organic way. But given the toxicity of Bt-cotton, growing Bt-cotton itself is most unoraganic thing one can do. Now when western countries grow Bt-cotton, they dont use leaves\seeds to feed cattle and they also dont use seeds to make oil which feeds humans. Whereas in Gujarat and whole of India, BT-cotton leaves and seeds are used to feed cattle as well as humans !!! So much for "organic" farming.

Thats why I request all too see the DRAFTS. NaMo printed Gazette drafts in Gujarat which promoted Bt-cotton. He has always been against ban on Bt-cotton. So his talk on organic farming should be seen in THAT light only.

====
If this is true, then kudos to you for raising it.
Rahul Mehta wrote:

Ganga cleaning --- why rivers in USA are clean?

Simple : because Jury ensures that sewer\factory water gets filtered before it can be thrown into river !! Or else water thrower gets fined. In USA, I never saw hooo-haaa on cleaning of rivers. Yet rivers were all more or less clean. Because cities and factories which take river water must remove all chemicals, wastes etc before they throw it back into river. Or else the district\state\union govt imposes a heavy fine. Just as water users clean water before using it, he has to clean the water he uses it,. The only difference is that he may let non-toxic substances such as non toxic salts etc remain in water.
And well, same law-draft also exists in India --- its called as Pollution Control Act. Then why do water thrower dare to throw dirty water? Because courts in USA do impose fines on factories and cities which throw unclean water in river. While courts in India impose no such fines. Why do courts behave differently. OSF reasons. The water cleaning technology has been there for over 100 years !! Even 50 years ago, Municipalities in India were supplying clean waters to home. So they had water cleaning techniques. Similar techniques needs to be applies to clean factory outlet water and sewer water as well. THATS ALL. So instead of spending 1000s of crores or rupees, and calling Japanese to clean river, it would be cheaper to create courts that impose fines on those who throw dirty waters in rivers.

=======
It seems that the first fundamental mistake is to dump waste into water. This creates a whole chain of events. Cleaning is a costly process and will not be complete regardless of how good the process maybe. So, the water will be polluted even after expensive procedure. On the other hand, if there is no cleaning process, then the water will become unusable. Chlorine is added to water to make it drinkable and it seems to have side-effects. All this is very convoluted and silly.

Imagine this: In your house, will you dump your sewage/drainage into your water-tank? Then, will you clean it and drink/use the same water? If you try such a thing, it will be very costly and still the water will be quite unclean/unhealthy.

If this is true at a small scale, the same will be true at a larger scale also. So, the long-term solution is to not dump the waste into water.

Then, where to dump the waste?
The drainage/sewage should be dumped into earth, so that it can decompose and become manure. Trees and plants need to be planted which can use that manure.

The industrial waste needs to be cleaned completely and it needs to be disposed very carefully. It should not be disposed into water bodies or even in places where it can contaminate the ground-water. Strict guidelines for this purpose need to be formulated and implemented.

Once the waste is not let into the water bodies, half the problem will be the solved. The next step is to let the marine ecology thrive in water bodies. Marine animals and plants play a vital role in keeping water bodies clean and usable/drinkable.
Rahul Mehta wrote:
Corrupt deals of UPA leaders

It is possible to get evidences against many Congressmen using narco-tests in public. The narco by themselves are NOT evidences but the speech given in narco can be used to get material evidences. Now one reason BJP-leaders have been opposing narco-tests is because they also have skeletons to hide.
Well, this seems like a completely needless and useless idea. A more simpler idea is: IT raids on all the rich and powerful. That in itself will be more than enough to collect all the necessary prosecutable evidence and the first step.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

NDTV is reporting that CBI is raiding 10 member of parliaments, 4 ex-parliamentarians and 6 from Rajya Sabha. There crime: got LTC money by false claim. But not divulging the names.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

What is LTC?
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Kashmiri Pandits' families to get Rs. 20 lakh rehabilitation package
In its first step towards fulfilling Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s promise of rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits, the home ministry is all set to approve an enhanced package of Rs. 20 lakh per family for re-construction of their houses in the Valley.

Home minister Rajnath Singh indicated his approval of the enhanced assistance at a review meeting on Thursday. The assistance will be provided under the revised Prime Minister’s package to encourage the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandit families.

“The Union home ministry has received a proposal from the Omar Abdullah government in J&K in this regard. It will be formally approved and implemented soon,” said a ministry source.

Later, in his tweets Singh highlighted two issues — rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits and curbing cross-border infiltration — as the two key issues that he had focused on during Thursday’s review meeting. Singh said he instructed officials to “take Kashmiri migrants into confidence” and to “work on steps to be taken for their safe return to the Valley”. He also asked the officials to strengthen measures to curb infiltration from the other side of the border.

The UPA regime had in 2008 announced a package for return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants in which the assistance offered for reconstruction or construction of houses was capped at Rs. 7.5 lakh.

This assistance was also only applicable to families of Kashmiri Pandits who had sold their properties between 1989 and 1997 when The J&K Migrant Immovable Property (Preservation, Protection and Restraint of Distress Sale) Act was enacted.

Once the plan is approved, the families would get the Rs. 20 lakh assistance irrespective of time when they disposed of their properties in the Valley.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 28880.aspx
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

http://www.gconnect.in/orders-in-brief/ ... art-2.html

Leave travel concession or Leave travel Allowance (LTA)
Bibhas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Bibhas »

^^ Leave Travel Concession. There were reports of widespread scams through LTC (known as LTC scam). Infact one minister/MP boked his travel to Andaman for vacation. As at that time there were no direct flight from N. Delhi to Port Blair, he reportedly booked his ticket via Braazil or Argentina... something like that. I think that report is available on the net somewhere need to google.
Bibhas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Bibhas »

One such report is here. There are many such reports. http://www.mapsofindia.com/my-india/pol ... corruption
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Thanks for the info.

I know this type of privilege is available to UN workers in the professional category. They are entitled to a what is called "home leave" once in two years to return to their home town. To my knowledge, such a privilege is not available to people working in the private sector or MNCs. In my company the privilege is given only in the first year but from then on, one has to pay from his/her pockets.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I am sure mafia knows it is losing elections and possibility of NM or BJP coming to power is there. So huge amount of land mines should have been laid out of NM by them. Moles like Sampath are already in place. Two supreme court judge appointments are also proposed. CBI chief is continuing. Secular Head was appointed to IB who turned out to be no so Indic like Abdul Kalam. All media, jholawala and other forces are kept waiting for launching attacks on NM or BJP while forming the governament or after it is formed.

A rape case is filed by someone in Rajasthan on a BJP MP, now this LTC attacks by CBI. I am sure all the people or at least most of them will be from BJP and BJP will be attacked relentlessly by media.

Manohar Parrikar sent his MLA to Brazil now. Idiot. Is he not knowing that there is a war on BJP going on and he should be careful?

In the meanwhile NM leaked IB report on NGOs as a counter attack. Game becoming interesting. Unfortunately the nation's future/existence is at stake.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

http://www.eni.network24.co/india/cbi-r ... am-10684_5
Jaipur: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Friday registered a case against six Rajaya Sabha MPs for cheating and forgery in the Leave and Travel Concession (LTC) scam.

The Rajya Sabha MPs belonging to TMC and BSP have been booked under sections 420 and 13 (1)D. This is the first time that a case has been filed in the scam.

The sitting MPs who have been booked in the case are D Bandopadhyay (TMC), Brijesh Pathak (BSP) and Lal Ming Liana (MPF). The former MPs who have found mention in the case are JPN Singh (BJP), Renu Bala (BJD), Mehmood A Madni (RLD).

The central agency has received a complaint in past that some MPs have misused their LTC funds. Search raids have been conducted in Delhi, Kolkata and Odisha to collect evidence in the case. - See more at: http://www.eni.network24.co/india/cbi-r ... AwIKO.dpuf
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

LTC scam: CBI files case against 6 Rajya Sabha MPs

http://www.firstpost.com/india/ltc-scam ... 68949.html
The present and former Rajya Sabha MPs have been booked under sections 420 and 13 (1)D. Searches are currently underway at the premises of the MPs.

The sitting MPs are D Bandopadhyay (TMC), Brijesh Pathak (BSP), Lal Ming Liana (MPF) while the former MPs are JPN Singh (BJP), Renu Bala (BJD), Mehmood A Madni (RLD).
Strangely enough none from the Congress. Looks like they are experts in covering their tracks. I am also amazed there are only 6 people booked. I would have expected at least 100. How come none from the Lok Sabha?
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Even more amazing is that the CBI is suddenly very independent. No more a 'caged parrot'.
And all of a sudden it has all the time and resources to pursue trifles like misuse of LTC.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

^ and how do we know that the caged parrot is not slowly being assigned a new cage by new masters and this new found freedom is just to establish new credibility.
No one is a fool or a saint in this business of cut throat politics and money beyond comprehension.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Shamlee wrote:Thanks for the info.

I know this type of privilege is available to UN workers in the professional category. They are entitled to a what is called "home leave" once in two years to return to their home town. To my knowledge, such a privilege is not available to people working in the private sector or MNCs. In my company the privilege is given only in the first year but from then on, one has to pay from his/her pockets.
I get LTA once every 18 months to travel anywhere in the country. The amount is fixed (but enough for a week long junket). I get reimbursed for Air / Train etc.. Taxi and hotel as long as I produce all the bills and proof of payments. In case I don't use it, I can claim the amount but it is taxed.

I am in a mid sized desi IT company.
Last edited by Sri on 13 Jun 2014 12:30, edited 2 times in total.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

wiki wrote:Situated on Race Course Road, New Delhi, the official name of the PM's residence complex is Panchavati.
wiki wrote:the official name of the PM's residence complex is Panchavati
I just found something interesting. Why doesn't media use this official name? Why does media keep saying '7 Race Course road' instead of saying 'Panchavati'?
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Admins, Please forgive/excuse me for going into fanboy mode. Upper section of image is my fanboy creation:-