BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Dilbu »

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Voter turnout at the End of Voting time (1800 hrs+queue)

UP 55.29%
BH 58%
WB 79.3%

VNS 55.34%
Last edited by chaanakya on 12 May 2014 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

kak biryani
chaanakyaji,
what is that ?
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ crow biryani.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

What if Congis are doing this because they do not want Lt-Gen Suhag (Haryanvi Jat BTW) to be next army chief. They want BJP to remove him.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

ramana wrote:
BJP should null the appointment when it takes office. Perfectly legal
It may be legal. What about the morale of the forces?

I would say wait for an incident and then request his resignation in light of mishandling that. Our Paki brothers would be providing us plenty of opportunities for that.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

What I heard from grapevine is that he is know a no nonsense , go getter type with no hold barred officer. He gets the result and methods may be questionable sometimes. He is the top intelligence guy in Army. But his elevation has been muddied by previous controversy about Gen BS and clouded by conflict of interest of VKS whose SIL is next in the line. Morale depends on how he is held in esteem by army jawans and officers. Need to wait and watch. And yes congis could be devious. Have the cake and eat it too.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, exit polls should be out anytime soon right, or are they already out?
arminius
BRFite

Post by arminius »

rsingh wrote:
What if Congis are doing this because they do not want Lt-Gen Suhag (Haryanvi Jat BTW) to be next army chief. They want BJP to remove him.
Given the fact that Haryana legislative elections due in some time, would be a stick to beat BJP with. Moreover, would also negate whatever swing BJP have in jats on the other side of Yamuna.
These Congresswallahs are good.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Congress is trying to pack the govt by appointing long duration offices. Its a fait accompli by a defeated clique. Its trying to preempt the coming govt prerogative. Hence all appointments should be reviewed.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

IMHO New Govt should not remove Lt Gen Suhag. We know that VKS didn't want BS and now Lt Gen Suhag to be in line for COAS but there is no need to make VKS's quarrel as that of the Govt's unless the govt is absolutely sure that allegations as levelled against him by VKS are true.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Its nothing to do with VKS. Its everything to do with legitimacy of all the appointments made by a minority, lame-duck govt in the week before it gets thrown out of office.
MMS is reaching lower levels everyday.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

ramana wrote:Its nothing to do with VKS. Its everything to do with legitimacy of all the appointments made by a minority, lame-duck govt in the week before it gets thrown out of office.
With the Congis desperately wanting to appoint him before leaving, I have to treat the "appointment" as suspicious. And I don't think it is as simple as the allegations against the good Lt. Gen.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

ramana wrote:Its nothing to do with VKS. Its everything to do with legitimacy of all the appointments made by a minority, lame-duck govt in the week before it gets thrown out of office.
Irrespective once the COAS has been appointed, Govt of the day should let him finish his tenure. COAS position is not something to be politicized or played around.
Gen Suhag did not rise upto the 4 start General level without having the competence to lead the forces. It is not his fault if Sonia Maino decides to elevate him to position of COAS.

Actually MMS should be hauled over coals for his other acts of omission and commission and be bought a house in his native village in TSP so that he can sleep peacefully knowing that Muslims have first right over all the resources in TSP.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

merlin wrote:
With the Congis desperately wanting to appoint him before leaving, I have to treat the "appointment" as suspicious. And I don't think it is as simple as the allegations against the good Lt. Gen.
+1.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ziauddin Barani the famous theologian said " A ruler must rule!"
What Congress is doing is preempting BJP from ruling. A COAS appointment is for 3 years out of BJP's 5 year term. Cant be allowed.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Exactly Ramana gaaru. I had the same thing in mind. All the decisions taken by this minority govt with no moral authority in the last 1 month need to be reviewed. Ideally, even the T decision should not have gone ahead. But, atleast the appointments can be overturned by the next govt. It does not matter whether a particular person is good or bad. The way it is done by govt cannot be endorsed. The next govt has to clean the slate.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

MMS can't reach lower levels alas he is already the lowest of the low.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Well , He can be named only by a Lame Duck Govt with no moral authority to do so. if the Good Lt Gen pushes his case further before new Govt takes over then BJP must exercise its prerogative. Seniority is something by which even congis don't swear by and hence can't ask BJP to follow the same. ramana garu's point is quite valid. the point to note is that even if appointment is approved by MMS led appointments committee it has to take effect only after Gen BS retires into oblivion i.e. on 31st July. there is lot of time to review this and all other appointments and must be reviewed. You can't allow next govt to be hamstrung with appointments made by stupid and corrupt UPA-2. that includes brilliant economist RR who happens to be Gov of RBI.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Karan M wrote:MMS can't reach lower levels alas he is already the lowest of the low.
Karan, I beg to differ. Sure he reached rock bottom long time ago. But since then he has been digging assidiously
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

In today's appeal to voters, i saw modi's hands in tremors. Nervousness or health? i wish former. He should take care of his nervous-system.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^got video for analysis?
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

SaiK wrote:^got video for analysis?
http://youtu.be/fq-9lV5urzk

Rajesh miya cited it on earlier page.

At the end, when he asked with folded hands to vote. His hands have tremors. I suspect this is due to stress and hope its nothing else.

Others may see and acknowledge what I see. See from 06:45.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Anxiety. It may be the reason.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

panduranghari wrote:Anxiety. It may be the reason.
Nevee took modi to be anxious types. But I hope you are right. Doctors on forum may weigh in and give their opinion.

He needs to take care.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 028268.cms
NEW DELHI: The curtains came down on Monday on the marathon Lok Sabha elections with an all-time record high turnout of 66.38 per cent as the final phase of polling covering 41 seats in three states replicated the trend of increased voters' participation seen in the previous 8 rounds.

The overall turnout in all the nine phases of polling this year stood at 66.38 per cent, posting the highest in the history of Lok Sabha elections, surpassing the previous best of 64.01 per cent in 1984 in the wake of the assassination of the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.

The turnout in 2009 was 58.19 per cent
member_23658
BRFite

Post by member_23658 »

^^ i thought he got emotional a bit as his voice wavered when his hands shook a bit. That is understandable : it was a tremendous campaign and this is the end of that, it would be hard not to have an emotional response to that level of mental and physical investment.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

NaMo is plain emotional at the end of the video, long grueling campaign plus fear of unkown, too much on stake, he is also overwhelmed by love he got, combination of every thing
Such tremors are otherwise common in
Alcohol withdrawl-impossible
Those on antipsychotic drugs
Parkinsonism unlikely
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

He looked worried (anxious as one is before an exam result is out). It was evident in his facial expression as well. I say very human.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

I believe until the last minute when a new govt is sworn in, MMS govt has the moral authority to do whatever he can under the overall ambit of the constitution.

He has been elected for whole 5 years, not 4 years 6 months as some would like to believe. Possibly people are using their US knowledge and projecting onto India. In US, results are known around december 2nd week but is not in power until january 3rd week. In India, a new govt takes charge within a day or two of the results. India cannot have a minority govt by law because of its parliamentary system. India DOES NOT have a lame duck govt, it CANNOT have a lame duck govt by law unlike the stupid US system, where the existing govt loses its moral authority for more than a month.

I request people not to project the idiotic US system onto India and bring out nonsensical analysis.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I saw it 4 times and twice in slow motion.. and then I played with voice, and related to the shake due to his spiritual pray to bharat mata.. i do remember, when certain people pray.. my mom shivers her fingers in deep spirituality.. that is momentary.. and then she is back to normal.

final stage in orbit! aaalll naaarmal naarmaal for kamal!
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I hope we don't hear or see much at all of Modi for the next 2-3 days. He needs to get all the rest he can get. No one has ever followed such a punishing campaigning schedule before. IG's 1980 push is often mentioned, but this was by far the most aggressive and demanding campaign ever mounted by one person in the political history of the country.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

problem is he is not the kind of guy to keep quiet , always wants to be in the front
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

fanne wrote:He looked worried (anxious as one is before an exam result is out). It was evident in his facial expression as well. I say very human.
When Obama won his first E and gave speech in Chicago, He was shaking and looked like a deer in headlights. he has put all of his energies in this election and now results will tell if he is going to be the instrument of Bharat's eventual uplifting. Anxieties of first time father waiting for baby to cry.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

there is a huge difference between leadership and bossing!
leaders show by role modelling
bosses will looks for role models.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Between now and 16th May, MMS Govt and Die-nesty must be watched with suspicion. We may see more fires in PMO or files being removed or people leaving country in droves or major money exchange out of India.

The best thing about this election is that the battle lines between Indic and non-Indic forces has been drawn very clearly and now the proverbial MB starts (hoping BJP folks don't catch Arjun fever of seeing friends and comrades in the opposition camp and lowering their weapons).
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Are we closing this thread now and moving on to formation of next NDA government thread ? ;)
Last edited by ashish raval on 12 May 2014 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

No one in history of India has campaigned as hard as Modi has in last 100+ days! And he rarely missed a step so to speak. I think its a reflection of his strong willpower and razor sharp focus on finish line. I think what we notice in his video clip is side effects of him emotionally winding down.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ashish raval wrote:Are we closing this thread now and moving on to formation of next NDA government thread ? ;)
Noooooooooooooooooo

Don't jinx it and spoil all the hard work of Dilbu.