Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

harbans
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by harbans »

Implication is that treating someone like chaprassi equals ill-treating that person. This is the mark of feudal mindset. Both minister and chaprassi should be treated the same way: with respect and professional courtesy.
Murthy Sir..that is a BRILLIANT Catch!!
Alleging that Modi treated ministers in Gujarat like ‘chaprasis’
Javed Akhtar shows how completely feudal, arrogant he is by that very statement. Ironic he blames Modi. I think he is saying Modi is arrogant because he treats Ministers and Chaprasi's in the same equitable manner.

Folks: Nail Javed on the fact that he wants XYZ treated better than ABC. No NM is right in treating them same.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Sushupti wrote:
ramana wrote:Rahul's whines are like the script from "Rajneeti" where Katrina Kaif makes similar whines about how the bad opposition politicians are!
But her acting was much better than Rahul.
And she is much better to look at!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ramana wrote:
Jhujar wrote:... There are forces within congress beyond the control of Local body and they can, will or do make use of this without even him knowing who moved the chess piece..... Either Pappu being set up or Mother as the forces above them are ruthless and xpert in creating deadly Accidents.
Folks dont know the forces that let the 2Gs think they rule.

These are there in ganga-jamini culture since the ancient times. If they are too clever and over reach the region goes dormant for centuries and then suddenly it remerges.
I would not call it a "ganga-jamuna" culture or associate with any cultural or religious or population trait.

Having said that, the trait you are referring to is the natural human-trait of self-survival and self-preservation and CongIs as a *group* understand that in spades and more than an average human understanding about that.

On one of the pages I made a post after interaction with a CongI city councillor (he is an MLA now - and of course very much out of my orbit now - at a very high escape velocity!) - and the city councillor was going ga-ga over SoniaG's act of sacrifice and had deitified her. I was surprised then and something struck me - and expressing again -

Who is using whom?

It is a case of mutual back scratching - CongIs are using the Gandhi Surname - the Gandhis know it very well and have closed ranks as Sonia/Priyanka/Rahul's triumvirate suggests. And the Gandhis are using CongIs.

In a way what Rahul is saying is without power (or when not in a powerful position), his existence (and by extension the existence of his sibling) is threatened. The circles around the pseudo-Gandhis protects them since their very own existence is questioned. Where do you think for eg. the NAC types will go? And hence all the FUD about an "outsider".

Rightly this has become the delhi sultanate.

So who is using who?
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

@Disha ^^^: So who is using who?

Zimble. They be using us. And we like to fall for bread and circuses.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Baffled, intelligence officials slam Rahul Gandhi

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 681016.cms
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Rahul Gandhi playing with minority sentiments: Shia cleric

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 683844.cms
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Pee Vee ‏@PingVond now

According to AUG, first indications of pro-BJP polarization r emerging in UP. Kurmis, Kushwahas n Lodh are now more or less with BJP.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Cosmo_R wrote:@Disha ^^^: So who is using who?

Zimble. They be using us. And we like to fall for bread and circuses.
Agreed. It cuts across all groups. I am amazed by the number of so called educated, worldly wise, affluent, elite folks who fall hook, line and sinker for a lot of the INC, communal-secular crap. Many other folks of the burgeoning middle class, go by what the TV says. To a large extent a nation of sheep, led by wolves in sheeps clothing.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Modi is the "simha swapana" for the DIE and hence their angst.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

No comments:
Will brand Modi undo BJP’s plans by confusing voters in the booth?
The BJP has a Modi problem again. This time however, it’s not party infighting and injured egos that are at stake, but something much more fundamental. People are saying that they would like to vote for Modi. But they don’t know what symbol represents him. The Economic Times relates this anecdote: “Modi ko hi vote denge (will definitely vote for Modi),” an old village woman told the MLA. When asked on which symbol will she caste her vote, she said, “Modi par hi lagaenge (on Modi itself)”. Worried, the MLA narrated the incident to his party leaders, who had heard similar stories. The party swung into action, conveying its concern to Modi himself, and is now working out a strategy to ensure that the lotus does not get blown away by the Modi storm.
The fact is that in a country where illiteracy is so high, and where rural populations make up a bulk of the voter base, the BJP simply cannot afford to have the Modi juggernaut put its party at risk of losing votes. If people are unaware that the lotus is the BJP’s symbol, then the party could well lose votes even from people who want to vote for Modi. So what next? The party has already started bloating the lotus in its latest campaign posters. But maybe it’s time for some co-branded products. A plush toy Modi sitting in a lotus perhaps?

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/will- ... ef_article
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

sounds like soon they will say to aam if you find a haath symbol, then you are voting for modi, and they will do so.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

> A plush toy Modi sitting in a lotus perhaps?

:rotfl:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Plush toy jokes aside, I think it is a serious matter. The hand symbol for Congress by IG was big coup in that no props are required. Just lifting up ones hand and shout "cheyyi gurtu kE mana vOTu" is very convenient. Lotus is not bad but not as convenient. Something to think and be concerned about for Modi supporters IMHO.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Congress will notch up ‘surprise win,’ says Manmohan Singh - http://post.jagran.com/congress-will-no ... 2rPXP.dpuf
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Sushupti wrote:Baffled, intelligence officials slam Rahul Gandhi

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 681016.cms
Should he not be tied under the OSA.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Pranav wrote:Congress will notch up ‘surprise win,’ says Manmohan Singh - http://post.jagran.com/congress-will-no ... 2rPXP.dpuf
Scary when he says "surprise" win.

Wonder what tricks are running in background!
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

They may be planning to get rid of Modi, with the calculation that no Modi no vote for BJP. The 10 years of most venal propaganda against him will provide a convenient cover for this act.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

THE GREATEST EVER BETRAYAL OF INDIANS-3
Businessmen, industrialists and professionals don’t even realise that that they are the exponents of man’s highest creative spirit paying maximum taxes and yet they are so humiliated!! There are various examples of this like Kumar Mangalam Birla, Sunil Mittal, Ratan Tata to mention just three. Businessmen, industrialists and profit have been turned into most hated, despised and dirty words since the time of Nehru. It is businessmen who bring innovations, produce all the wealth in the country, line the pockets of politicians, fund the elections, fund all their welfare schemes which are only created as conduits for still more corruption and even then they are the most abused class in India!! Is this not the greatest ever perfidy committed on the country? If this state of affairs continues, where will remain the incentive to produce and create wealth?

Through all the generations of political extortion, it is not the looting politicians and bureaucrats who had taken the blame, but the chained industrialists, not the men who peddled legal favours, but the men who were forced to buy them: and through all those generations of crusades against corruption, the remedy had always been not the liberating of victims but granting of still wider powers for extortion to extortionists. But masses were always made to believe that the victims were guilty, not the extortionists. They were made to believe that people came forward on their own to pay bribes to get undue favours and to break the queue. But why a situation was created where one had to seek as favours that were his rights and why queues had to be formed at all? Does anyone believe that any person will part with his money without the fear of being turned into victim of the politicians?

Through the ages, political parasites have reviled hard working businessmen and held them in contempt, while honouring the beggars and the looters. We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.

There is only one class of men, the businessmen who have never been on strike in human history. Every other kind and class like workers, doctors, bureaucrats, lawyers and even police have struck work whenever they wished, and have presented demands to the world, claiming to be indispensable – except the businessmen who have carried the world on their shoulders, have kept it alive, have endured torture as sole payment, but have never walked out on the human race.

Now it is the turn of businessmen who are risk takers, the men of the mind, the men of ideas, the men of action and the producers of wealth, to go on strike. Let the government, bureaucrats and other parasites of the society discover who businessmen are, what they do and what happens when they refuse to function. Let businessmen stop the motor of India and bring the country to a grinding halt. For a change, let them call the bluff of the politicians. That is the only remedy to teach the arrogant politicians a lesson that they will never forget.

If businessmen indeed go on strike, stop paying taxes and stop the motor of India, they will be rendering a yeoman service to the country. Only they can change India for ever.

My above suggestions may look impractical and impossible on the face of it but think deeply and you will start finding the same very practical. Without missing something, we never realise its importance. When businessmen truly go on strike and stop the motor of India, politicians will understand how indispensable they are. Moreover, the word IMPRACTICAL itself says “I M PRACTICAL’ and the word IMPOSSIBLE itself says “I M POSSIBLE”.

P.S. Some of the ideas for the above post have been drawn from the novel “Atlas Shrugged” by Ayn Rand and put in Indian perspective. Those of you have not read this novel, would do well to read it.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

So far fellow BRFites who have tried to convince congi voters have made a common mistake IMO. They have presented themselves as modi-fied fanboi too early. That's not how you convert people i.e. showing your intentions too quickly. The Indian history of deracination shows that the method to change the thought process is completely opposite.

To deracinate Indians the first thing was done was to derogate them by saying Oh you silly fellas worship million gods?”, Oh you come from the land of snake charmers?, Oh you believe in Sanskrit fairy tales and black magic?, Oh you don’t know English? You probably know nothing! And so on. That is how you force people to think about alternative views. You present your own alternative once that much is achieved.

There are typically three types of congi voters. First who have vested interest, second who traditionally vote congi because their father used to do so, third who are disinterested and ignorant about politics at large but have come across to the venom about BJP by MSM here and there. You can't do much about the people with vested interests. But converting the other two types is fairly easy. First thing to do is not to talk about NM but derogate them for what they are. The bigger their ego the quicker they will change their thought. Their ego will become our strength. For example when you come across a congi supporter, react to him with a surprise in your eyes as if you are seeing a first congi supporter in your life :mrgreen: . Frown sharply at them and say, Do you vote congress? The party of scamsters, leftists, hypocrates and anti-nationals? The party who brought emergency? The party who ruled for 66 years and made sure India doesn’t progress? The party run by dynasty handled by foreigner? I don’t think you follow politics much. Do you? Make them realize that you know much more about politics than him and there is something wrong in his thinking. This will hurt his ego. He will try to cut short the talk at that time but will definitely start thinking about the alternatives and also monitor the happenings around more objectively. After that first encounter start talking about any alternative which is team B with him and show voting them means voting congress. That exposes both team B and con to him. And after that, start talking about modi and his ideas.

Starting the talk with vote-for-modi means you are being defensive about him. You will have to prove X number of things to them which will take a lot of time and potential loss of your personal relation. Rather be offensive in starting to make them realize the problem in themselves. Be offensive to defend rather than being defensive to offend.

And even easier way to change their thought process is to make them register to BRF somehow :twisted: . Or share some link from the strat dhaga.

My do kaudi.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Folks NM will speak in Jhansi todin:
Narendra Modi to address Vijay Shankhnaad Rally in Jhansi at 2 pm on October 25, 2013.

Time of Speech : 2 pm, October 25 2013

Watch NaMo LIVE : http://www.niticentral.com

Listen to audio on NWR Live: http://www.NWRLive.com

Listen to audio on NitiCentral : NWRLive 24×7 web radio

You should have a good reliable internet connection. You will be able to listen to audio smoothly on any 2G connection.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

I do not know remember if this was discussed earlier; Varun Gandhi was not very visible or was not even present during Kanpur rally. Does anyone know about any details? Lately I have not heard much about VG, although he was quite active (in terms of public meetings in UP) during NM campaign committee announcements.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

prahaar wrote:I do not know remember if this was discussed earlier; Varun Gandhi was not very visible or was not even present during Kanpur rally. Does anyone know about any details? Lately I have not heard much about VG, although he was quite active (in terms of public meetings in UP) during NM campaign committee announcements.
I think NaMo would be having a different bunch of UP leaders with him at different rallies, giving them all a chance to speak!

Today Uma Bharti and Kalyan Singh would be with NaMo in Jhansi, all three OBC Hindutva leaders. All three are leaders who captured the imagination and strong on rhetoric, and not only the wheeler-dealer kind UP leaders.
Last edited by RajeshA on 25 Oct 2013 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^ ON the contrary, wht I hear is Uma Bharti will not be at the rally, despite being among the few BJP MLAs from Bundelkhand region this time. strange, I know... Varun too has been keeping aloof and distant from namo or so the impression I get... Anyway, politics is a big egos game and such stuff can be expected I guess... still, sabotage and such cannot be ruled out, should be actively watched for...
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Hari Seldon wrote:^^ ON the contrary, wht I hear is Uma Bharti will not be at the rally, despite being among the few BJP MLAs from Bundelkhand region this time. strange, I know...
Source: After Kanpur, Narendra Modi all set to woo voters in Jhansi rally today
The rally at the GIC grounds in Jhansi will also see party leader Uma Bharti and former UP chief minister Kalyan Singh, who earlier this year merged his regional party with the BJP.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Narendra Modi
If we want to implement good governance, we must look to P4 — people private public partnership. People should be kept in the loop by the government. Wherever possible we should take the people's consent. This will speed up the pace of development.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

He sure gives plenty of *facepalm* moments to his partymen.
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

RG's antics have corporate lessons like what can happen if a person without shop floor experience is made the VeePee. Am anxiously observing infy where there has been a new veepee.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

maskirovka sir. PG will definitely have to control the reins from SG to own the legacy and unite the party. people have to plan for that, not waste futile cycles on what RG does (or does not do). PG might suddenly enter the fray like a army HQ reserve cavalry towards the very end, giving no chance to a unprepared enemy to find any strategy.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

sum wrote:
Pranav wrote:Congress will notch up ‘surprise win,’ says Manmohan Singh - http://post.jagran.com/congress-will-no ... 2rPXP.dpuf
Scary when he says "surprise" win.

Pratyush wrote:They may be planning to get rid of Modi, with the calculation that no Modi no vote for BJP. The 10 years of most venal propaganda against him will provide a convenient cover for this act.
Not necessary, IMO. Rigging will allow them to pull off the "surprise". MMS had similarly promised in 2009 that Congies would win.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Singha ji, The best bet they have got regarding PG is to put her directly into the chair whenever they can. If she tries doing pappu, she will definitely be pappufied. All Gs have succeeded this route only. Dynasty missed the trick in 2009 by not putting pappu into gaddi. PG coming into scenes very late will have no effect.
vineetmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vineetmehta »

kapilrdave wrote:So far fellow BRFites who have tried to convince congi voters have made a common mistake IMO. They have presented themselves as modi-fied fanboi too early. That's not how you convert people i.e. showing your intentions too quickly. The Indian history of deracination shows that the method to change the thought process is completely opposite.
My do kaudi.
Sir, can you share "do kaudi" more on how to win discussion of "BJP==CONgress"?

Thanks. This will help me a lot.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Pranav wrote: Not necessary, IMO. Rigging will allow them to pull off the "surprise". MMS had similarly promised in 2009 that Congies would win.
Yes, this is what I fear. They will bring in PG towards the last phase of the campaigning and then use EVMs to simply flip the votes of the BJP and the Congress, or in places like Kerala and WB, flip the votes of the Congress and the Left/Didi. Then they will claim that PG's charm turned the election in their favour. NaMo must insist on a full paper based election, or make it impossible for the EVMs to be used in any constituency.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Look I am not saying that the EVM cant be manipulated or anything. Maybe there is a valid point. And maybe even the BJP high command ( who ARE in the business of politics ) are not aware of what you know. But for sanity's sake can you take this to the EVM thread, or start of new thread and carry on there.

Bringing this EVM stuff on very page of this thread is really really annoying.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

sum wrote: Scary when he says "surprise" win.

Well he also said that inflation will come down.
And economy will grow and we will all be a happy family!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Second rally in UP is going on. Jhansi it is.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Am hearing the rally audio live on NWR.

Must say am impressed with the forthrightness and sincerity of Shri Kalyan singhji's speech. He made a bold prediction: - INC will win 6 LS seats, SP 8 and BSP 9 in 2014 from UP. The rest 57 seats will goto BJP. Last time BJP won 57 seats from UP in '98, it was out of 85 seats. This time, hit rate will improve as 57 will be out of 80 seats only.

Heartening.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

While on the Topic of ISI being in touch with Muslim riot victims.

Shinde must explain in what capacity intelligence officials briefing Rahul Gandhi: BJP

The stage is being set for Rahul, getting completely discredited or jailed under OSA. Is Shinde denies that he was briefed, Rahul, will have egg on his face. If he says he was, then both the person who briefed him and Rahul, are guilty of breaching OSA.

Deserving jail time. :roll:
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Hari Seldon wrote:Am hearing the rally audio live on NWR.

Must say am impressed with the forthrightness and sincerity of Shri Kalyan singhji's speech. He made a bold prediction: - INC will win 6 LS seats, SP 8 and BSP 9 in 2014 from UP. The rest 57 seats will goto BJP. Last time BJP won 57 seats from UP in '98, it was out of 85 seats. This time, hit rate will improve as 57 will be out of 80 seats only.

Heartening.
He still has a lot of punch even when he speaks slowly. BJP wasted a lot in the last decade. Hope he rises again.