Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

vic
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by vic »

A man who works 15 hours a day while being decisive is definitely doing something. Most of the Cabinet ministers would pee in their pants at the prospect of facing the ire of Modi. So a cabinet which is working 15-16 hours a day shall bring changes. We are just not used to doers.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Communication is an Important part of good governance. It would be Nice to hear the PM speak at least once every three months. On the changes that have been made in the past, three months.

Even if the PM chooses to remain silent about the changes he intends to make in the future, it would be OK.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Virendra wrote:It would still be good if the Prime Minister kept in touch with the people directly (like one of those US presidents used to).
He may refrain from talking to MSM and others. He may refrain from being a fiery mouth in election mode.
But he must keep talking to the people by State media, direct addresses etc.
Large part of our democracy is still not as savvy to visit his websites/blogs for updates.
He must reach out. Although I agree that is for later, right now he won't have much to show or talk about.
In fact, for the first term he'll only be able to fill the pits UPA had dug all around.

That brings me to another point. In the next term he won't have the kind of majority (free hand) he has now.
So the best time to take tough decisions, prepare bitter pills, make major/controversial moves with long term benefits - is now !!
Next time with the thin majority, he'll still be able to steer through and reap on his hardships on this first term.

Regards,
Virendra
Let me risk and bring some prediction out of my sore Musharraf

NaMo will have two third majority in LS and RS will be under control in 2019. He will have much more flexibility as system would stand detoxified to a large extent and Congis will be nothing but memories. They will be fighting for their life in mariyad court cases, too busy to even challenge NaMo.

He will have many show case projects completed in record time and in time to tell people the difference he made. The way simplification process is going life of ordinary citizens would be simpler while dealing with Govt. His mantra of Good Governance with minimal Government will show its result.

On Corruption front , he has already taken steps which UPA was hesitant to take and already made changes in subtle ways now so that babus can't hide their wealth and run away. I am sure SIT on Black money would show ample result in coming years notwithstanding noises emanating from different quarters.

One thing I am sure of is that whatever he does , he doesn't have any conflict of interest . A true Karmayogi as defined in in the Gita.

I would listen with interest what he has to say on Aug 15th rather then daily statement. That will lay down the path for next years and Babucracy will be geared to deliver what he asks of them. But more importantly, statement would infuse positivity and enthusiasm among people and various primary, secondary or tertiary sectors.

Meanwhile I would hold my horses in the knowledge that it takes a day to destroy but years to build. And I know what happened in Bihar and is happening in UP. So I would just and exercise my democratic right to voice opinion which of course would get factored as that of others too in various initiatives.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

One person from Gujarat said about Modi - He has changed the DNA of bureaucracy in Gujarat.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Suraj wrote:For one year, Modi talked and talked. He was the challenger. He had no power, just the desire to be voted into power. All he could do then was talk. Elections are over now. It's time to do things, not talk. But the silence is too eerie to those who have been used to the dramatic soundbites from him for months on end. Particularly in a milieu where someone farting is BREAKING NEWS as opposed to just breaking gas.
We had a fiery fellow who got elected by a landslide. Did a lot of fiery talks about what he planned to do, change and build. His name was Rajiv Gandhi.
As for me, I will take a quieter Modi who is methodical and deliberate about getting things done. If I need updates, I'll read his blog or PTI feed. The rest of ELM has nothing to chew on, so their political news will be biased by whatever they get from whoever is willing to talk - in this case, the opposition. And what will the opposition tell them - "Modi is quiet and focussed and doing a good job. Let him be for now. The results will be there to see" ? No, not quite that.
Modi has the power and authority to get things done. He deliberately avoids patronising the ELM. They therefore feed on what the opposition tells him. The fact that they do so proves they have no desire to get in his good graces, just opportunistically feed on whatever scraps they can get. It's not Modi's job to fix them.
I think we worry too much abt ELM. Their impact after a decade of hounding was there for everyone to see.

A lot of people want instant retribution. Big actions, bigger talk etc. Now is not the time. Gujarat came to focus after 10 years for all the hard work put earlier. It will take years for the results to show.

Modi is in a consolidation phase now in GoI. Consolidate his power and focus on things that matter to the common man - these are the only things that should be in focus. Without a favorable babudom, he cant get anywhere. Without relief to the common man he cant get elected again.

Eventually actions against corrupt Congress and babus will come. I dont want to be proven wrong on this but retribution must be done from a position of strength and opposition having very little ammo.

Another thing which , after little thought, makes sense is the cabinet. Of course HE won the election by himself and his coterie. He could have dictated terms completely at BJP. But I read a tweet which said VKS should have been defence minister instead of AJ. Pushing out LKA and AJ surely is a recipe for disaster. Modi needs both of them. LKA to hold BJP as a unit together...else you would have seen factionalism and split. AJ for his sharp law and parliamentary knowledge. What better way to show his respect of him than giving him a post despite him losing the elections.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

+1 Chananya ji. Lets hope.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Neela wrote: Modi is in a consolidation phase now in GoI. Consolidate his power and focus on things that matter to the common man - these are the only things that should be in focus. Without a favorable babudom, he cant get anywhere. Without relief to the common man he cant get elected again.

Another thing which , after little thought, makes sense is the cabinet. Of course HE won the election by himself and his coterie. He could have dictated terms completely at BJP. But I read a tweet which said VKS should have been defence minister instead of AJ. Pushing out LKA and AJ surely is a recipe for disaster. Modi needs both of them. LKA to hold BJP as a unit together...else you would have seen factionalism and split. AJ for his sharp law and parliamentary knowledge. What better way to show his respect of him than giving him a post despite him losing the elections.
1008+.

People do not realize the value of BJP party unity. Congress at 44 is not due to scams or bad governance only, it is due to divisions in Congress at regular intervals (YSRC 9, NCP 6, TMC 40, BJD 20) which have caused a significant vote share to disappear. Modi has shown his long term vision by incorporating most of the state level leaders (Zadafia, Keshubhai, Yedyurappa, etc)and managed central leaders tactfully.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

For all the whiners, remember that our new PM beat the bloody media, HRW, EJ groups, NGO's, LeT including Ishrat and Co., Sec-Left coalition under Gandhi's, IM bombing the sh*t out of his rally in Patna, Corporate houses, D4, etc. I have faith that he will deliver especially now that he is sitting comfortably under SPG cover with his dream team in the PMO. Problem is some on this forum suffer from Paki syndrome. They get fidgety when things get quiet. Scotch on the rocks and some relaxation will do the whiners some good. He will execute when he has completed the required study (It will take at least 1-2 years to produce a well thought out strategic vision for the entire subcontinent)
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Virendra wrote:It would still be good if the Prime Minister kept in touch with the people directly (like one of those US presidents used to).
He may refrain from talking to MSM and others. He may refrain from being a fiery mouth in election mode.
But he must keep talking to the people by State media, direct addresses etc.
Large part of our democracy is still not as savvy to visit his websites/blogs for updates.
He must reach out. Although I agree that is for later, right now he won't have much to show or talk about.
In fact, for the first term he'll only be able to fill the pits UPA had dug all around.

That brings me to another point. In the next term he won't have the kind of majority (free hand) he has now.
So the best time to take tough decisions, prepare bitter pills, make major/controversial moves with long term benefits - is now !!
Next time with the thin majority, he'll still be able to steer through and reap on his hardships on this first term.

Regards,
Virendra
Next elections, NDA will be 400+. Thats when ram janmabhumi recapture of pok reclaiming chttagong etc should be attempted.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Won't happen. Chittagong is long gone. Pakistan will remain a jelly state as long as they have nukes.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

HC notice to Sonia on election petition
Lucknow: , July 24, 2014, DHNS

The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad high court on Thursday issued notice to All India Congress Committee president Sonia Gandhi on a petition challenging her election to Lok Sabha from Raebareli parliamentary constituency.

A division bench comprising Justice D Y Chandrachud and Justice Devendra Upadhyaya issued the notice on a petition filed by one Rajesh Singh, a resident of Raebareli.

Singh, in his petition, has raised the issue of Gandhi’s citizenship and her meeting with the Maulana Ahmed Bukhari, the imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid, to challenge her election.

Singh has contended that Gandhi was not a citizen of India and as such was not eligible to contest the elections.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

SanjayC wrote:
HC notice to Sonia on election petition
Lucknow: , July 24, 2014, DHNS

The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad high court on Thursday issued notice to All India Congress Committee president Sonia Gandhi on a petition challenging her election to Lok Sabha from Raebareli parliamentary constituency.

A division bench comprising Justice D Y Chandrachud and Justice Devendra Upadhyaya issued the notice on a petition filed by one Rajesh Singh, a resident of Raebareli.

Singh, in his petition, has raised the issue of Gandhi’s citizenship and her meeting with the Maulana Ahmed Bukhari, the imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid, to challenge her election.

Singh has contended that Gandhi was not a citizen of India and as such was not eligible to contest the elections.
:D :D BTW who is Rajesh Singh?
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Hasn't Modi also received a notice from the Allahabad high court on a petition filed by Ajay Rai on the charge that Modi had not filled in the income and the PAN card number of his wife in the form?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Suraj ji is on roll excellent posts one by one
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

IndraD wrote:Suraj ji is on roll excellent posts one by one
+1008
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

niran wrote: :D :D BTW who is Rajesh Singh?
You?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

RoyG wrote:For all the whiners, remember that our new PM beat the bloody media, HRW, EJ groups, NGO's, LeT including Ishrat and Co., Sec-Left coalition under Gandhi's, IM bombing the sh*t out of his rally in Patna, Corporate houses, D4, etc. I have faith that he will deliver especially now that he is sitting comfortably under SPG cover with his dream team in the PMO. Problem is some on this forum suffer from Paki syndrome. They get fidgety when things get quiet. Scotch on the rocks and some relaxation will do the whiners some good. He will execute when he has completed the required study (It will take at least 1-2 years to produce a well thought out strategic vision for the entire subcontinent)
Each word should be written in Gold. Beautiful post!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the sickular expert mahesh bhatt has a op-ed in TOI saying the IB note on NGOs is a sinister ring wing conspiracy.

I am not going to bother posting it here.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

I for one hope Sonia and Raul continue to remain MPs. That way, when NM does get the bill passed for fast tracking *all* criminal cases against MPs to within one year, the NH case against them will mail them for good. Or so the plan seems to be to me... onlee.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

The one to watch out for Ahmed Patel. This snake is the most sinister out of all these guys. He has hardly taken a beating for anything and he has many decades of experience. Very covert individual.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://www.newsanalysisindia.com/post/h ... -scam.aspx
The Oil-for-Food Programme (OIP) was introduced by United States President Bill Clinton's administration in 1995. At that time Shashi Tharoor was Annan's special assistant and part of his advance team in Baghdad of Saddam Hussein regime. He successfully saved his bosses Kofi Annan, Congress Party and Sonia Gandhi on whom corruption charges in OIP were levelled.

Sunanda Pushkar was presented to Shashi Tharoor by Sunny Varkey. For this romantic presentation Shashi Tharoor in return was anxious to oblige Sunny Varkey. In the same way Congress Party and Gandhi family of secrets wanted to oblige Shashi Tharoor.

For the services rendered Tharoor arranged a Rajiv Gandhi award and Padmashri for the mafia linked Sunny Varkey. The all powerful Christian church that controls the congress party put in a word to Sonia Gandhi and it also helped to get the Padmashri for Sunny Varkey who was under constant RAW surveillance for his underworld links. Sunny Varkey was under RAW scanner for very long for his link to Paki underworld and Dawood. In spite of that Sunny Varkey was given Rajiv Gandhi award and Padmashri, due to Tharoor.

In an interview Pushkar Tharoor to Shoma Chaudhury of Tehelka in May 1, 2010 The Parable Of The Vamp, Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor said: “I don’t really want to talk about Shashi because everything I say will have some repercussion for him. He is a public figure, I am not. But I met him about two years ago through a friend called Sunny Varkey, and we got along immediately. We are certainly close now, but that closeness only developed less than five months ago. I am very proud to know him because, most of all, he is a good and honest man.

There were three people in politics that really created hope for millions of Indians across the world that even clean men can join politics — Manmohan Singh, Rahul Gandhi and Shashi Tharoor
http://dialogueindia.net/magazine/scams ... -scam-8110
Sonia Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi visit to Natwar Singh, the former foreign minister’s house was to request him to not launch his book ‘One Life is not enough’. The book is said to be a tell-all affair of the goings-on in Congress.
An hour-long meeting was at first seen as a move by Sonia Gandhi to bring back senior leaders back into the party fold. This came as a surprise since Natwar Singh having dropped from the ministry in 2005 was not seen to be having any contacts with Sonia Gandhi except exchanging pleasantries on a few occasions.
The book release is scheduled for August 7 at India International Centre and Soli Sorabhjee, the ex-SG will release it. The event has not been publicized much.That book said to be written by Natwar Singh himself tells his experiences from the day he joined Congress in 1984 and his tenure before as IFS officer in Indira Gandhi period and later his stint with Rajiv Gandhi, Narasimha Rao and Manmohan Singh.
Sonia Gandhi wanted to avoid yet another tell-all book on the lines of Baru, the media advisor of Manmohan Singh. Natwar Singh had been very close to Gandhi family and was privy to all happenings at close range. Singh refused to comment on Sonia Gandhi meeting and recalling his resignation, he said that he was asked by Sonia Gandhi to give in his resignation and he did so.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

RoyG wrote:The one to watch out for Ahmed Patel. This snake is the most sinister out of all these guys. He has hardly taken a beating for anything and he has many decades of experience. Very covert individual.
It is said upto rajiv all the darkest of dark operations were taken care of by arjun singh, and from sonia's time ahmed patel has taken over, the attempts of kaali dadhee and safed dadhee likes, plus sonia's passing of 'pension for the families of dead terrorists' were his brainchilds to turn the whole paki-jihadi network into their triggermen when time comes to kill.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Padma* awards are away to avoid the some of ever observant Indian agencies. Apparently they get some level of immunity (not fully but some leeway) to the recipient like the post of Governor gives.

Telugu news papers gave juicy details when Actor Chiranjeevi got one Padma award.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Narendra Modi first foreign leader to address Nepal parliament
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is becoming something of a global leader. You have just heard he might address a rally of 20,000 NRIs at the historic Madison Square Garden in New York. The rally may become the biggest Indian political spectacle, which would surpass receptions accorded to previous visiting prime ministers.
Global leader? really? not if you go by the media gasbags at home...
According to the programme, Modi will offer prayers at the famous Pashupatinath temple on August 4, a Monday, a day Hindus consider auspicious for the worship of Lord Shiva.

"We have launched a special cleaning campaign around the temple premises," said Govinda Tondon, secretary general of the Pashupati Area Development.

A special prayer will be performed during Modi's hour-long visit and he will take a tour around the temple.

"We have been informed that the Indian PM will speak in (parliament)," a parliament secretariat official told IANS.

According to Dilendra Badu, spokesperson for the Nepali Congress, Modi has expressed a desire to visit another holy shrine, Ram-Janaki temple in Janakpurdham, and Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha.

To lay the ground for the visit, Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj is arriving in Kathmandu on Friday.
NM clearly knows which side his bread is buttered. Its the unapologetic Hindoo side of him which rallies his core base to his support like nothing else only.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Modi was posed a silly question by a desi idiot and his response is this:

Putin was also posed a silly question by a Brishit(?) idiot and his response is this:
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Meanwhile, the INC are still appealing to everyone but the speaker for the LOO.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Hari garu,
Yes NaMo being proud to associate himself openly will create a powerful opening for many soft folks who hesitate to identify themselves as Hindus but say they are sickular or cower under false identities.
OTOH folks like RM et al take on the higher sickular leftists and desert folks theologians.

It will take sometime before a critical mass of self sustaining movements on both sides will emerge.

Both of them and their followers in whatever the capacity should slowly up the ante. Never wavering esp NaMo (esp his gov't).
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

PM Modi keeps tight grip on his Cabinet
Cabinet meetings in the two-month-old NDA government are turning out to be a tutorial for many ministers in the art of governance. :)

Unlike his predecessor Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is quite vocal at these meetings, spelling out his priorities and policy prescriptions and also the dos and don’ts for his ministers.

At another Cabinet meeting, as some ministers were pushing for some projects in their respective constituencies, the Prime Minister made it clear that nobody should use his or her ministry or even lobby with their ministerial colleagues for any constituency-specific projects. “You have to think holistically about the entire country,” Modi was said to have told his ministerial colleagues. Sources said at one of the Cabinet meetings, Modi instructed ministers to do their own job adding that “he is always available to them if his intervention is required”.

While the Prime Minister is quite instructive and assertive about the broad objectives of governance and the roadmap for their implementation, he leaves the nitty-gritty to be sorted out by respective ministers,” said a minister. For instance, after Modi expressed reservations about curtailing the current session of Parliament due to the lack of legislative business, his ministers were learnt to be working overtime on some pending legislations so as to continue the session till August 14, as decided earlier.

There is a wrong impression that he wants to control everything. Yes, he is in full control of his government, unlike Dr Manmohan Singh, but he has delegated powers to his ministers,” said a minister. For instance, Home Minister Rajnath Singh holds meetings with the National Security Adviser and IB and R&AW chiefs several times in a week. Except during P Chidambaram’s stint as Home Minister when he had got the NSA along with the intelligence chiefs to report to him everyday, the UPA regime — and, in fact, the previous NDA regime under Atal Behari Vajpayee — had witnessed powerful NSAs who would mostly report directly to the PM. Singh, on his part, is said to keep the PM updated “constantly”.

When it comes to larger policy decisions though, the PM is known to keep his own counsel. He was said to have decided to defer his visit to Japan, taking even the Ministry of External Affairs by surprise.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Listen to NaMo on TV channels

Speaking on ICAR foundation day. Talking about Blue Revolution. How to exploit Ocean wealth. And Himalayan herbs, medicinal plants. What he speaks now is Policy statements and would lead to many projects in that direction.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

One of the best I have heard on agri and related activities. Full of ideas and missions to be undertaken by ICAR, Agri colleges etc.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Yeah. That shows he does not need media to communicate with Masses. Immediately after live telecast TimesNow switched to USPC issue, HeadlinesToday to Saharanpur and NewsX to some other mudane issues which they have been covering for last one week and have nothing new to add. They simply ignored.

But for those who missed live telecast

He retains his originality. Just that he is busy running the Republic for now.

nagesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nagesh »

I can vouch for the miraculous powers of himalayan herbs.We had a patient of Retro-ocular benign tumour ,who was referred to Rajendra Prasad Institute in AIIMS,some 2 decades back.She was refused operation there,because optic nerve is un-myelinated and hence chances of infection are high.When asked,doctors told them that they could seek alternative medicine,only if they have time and money to waste.They found a Swamiji ,who roamed in himalayan wild and who by chance was visiting Haridwar then,(His son is in Dehradun),who gave her some herbs to take fr a few weeks.The patients' tumour just vanished,her eyeball which was protruding outside was back in the socket nd the congested veins on the protruded eyeball,were not to be seen.Infact she looked absolutely normal like she was before the tumour came..absolutely no side effects..
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

>>,because optic nerve is un-myelinated and hence chances of infection are high

bhat ? aaptic nerb is bhery much myleniated by oligodendrocytes...do you mean it was pathologically demylinated?
nagesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nagesh »

As far as my knowledge goes,optic and olfactory are the only 2 nerves in the body that are non-myelinated..

gakakkad wrote:>>,because optic nerve is un-myelinated and hence chances of infection are high

bhat ? aaptic nerb is bhery much myleniated by oligodendrocytes...do you mean it was pathologically demylinated?
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

EXCLUSIVE/Interview with S. Subramanian, founder chief of SPG
How do you assess the security threat to Prime Minister Narendra Modi?

The threat is on a higher scale for Modi. The Congress has created so much fear and poison in the minds of the Muslims that they think every Hindu is their enemy. They have painted Modi as someone who is a tyrant.
We should understand that throughout the world, assassination of political leaders is not done by big terrorist or radical groups, but by loners because of their hatred for the person.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Gents
Natwar Singh on Headlinestoday 8.30 PM.
Minhaz Merchant ‏@minhazmerchant
11:33 AM - 30 Jul 2014
Natwar i'view tonight on @HeadlinesToday describes how Sonia & Priyanka "pleaded" that PM renunciation be removed from book
Looks like a damp squib!
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

merlin wrote:Modi and the West
The prime minister will walk alone if it benefits India.
|By N.V. Subramanian (30 July 2014)|

This piece was written earlier to Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging the audience of agricultural scientists at the ICAR Foundation Day ceremony to give a “standing ovation” to Indian farmers. It is his manner of riposte to the WTO over the Trade Facilitation Agreement.

New Delhi: India’s stand against the Trade Facilitation Agreement at the WTO to protect the interests of its farmers has hit a raw nerve in the West. The United States has hinged the success of Narendra Modi’s first visit as prime minister to the country on winning trade concessions from India. US Secretary of State John Kerry said as much while listing the dos for India to strengthen relations with America. This is absolutely the wrong approach to take with India and particularly Narendra Modi.

The Indian decision against the Trade Facilitation Agreement was not a bureaucratic carry-over from the previous United Progressive Alliance regime. If such was the case, the decision would have come three years hence, and by then, much water would have flowed under the bridge for India’s opposition to be effective and meaningful. This is why the Modi government seized the bull by the horns now. And the decision is entirely the prime minister’s. The prime minister’s decisions are considered even if they are quick. The United States and pro-US economists and commentators should expect no reversal. 8)

Narendra Modi is a pragmatic political leader. He was willing to swallow the insults heaped on him by the United States so long its close relations with India benefited this country. In his dealings, Modi can be highly impersonal. It is this ability to objectively remove himself from a set of developments that allowed him to put a lid on the rancour produced by the denied US visa. But he will not compromise with national interest. If India’s conservative trade policies hit relations with the United States, Modi would remain undeterred, provided they genuinely serve Indian interests. The Trade Facilitation Agreement in the present circumstances does not.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi is embarked on something bigger whose contours are only slightly visible. He is aiming at what may be called economic multi-polarity to loosen the stranglehold of the Washington Consensus. His ideas to strengthen BRICS aim in that direction. The speed with which the Brazil Summit cleared the BRICS Bank with headquarters in Shanghai owes considerably to Narendra Modi. He is keen to strengthen dual-use technology trade with Russia. And he has definite agendas for the upcoming meeting with his Japanese counterpart and with Germany’s Angela Merkel when it materializes. Narendra Modi wants to contain US overbearingness; and to the limits of India’s heft, he is trying to bring changes to the world’s economic-financial architecture.

If anybody thinks the Indian bureaucracy is with him in his transformational plans, they cannot be more mistaken. The Ministry of External Affairs is dead-set against Narendra Modi’s Look East policy and South Asia initiatives. (To embarrass him, a section of the Ministry leaked and exaggerated to the Opposition the attempts at dubious peace-making of an Indian journalist with the terrorist leader, Hafiz Sayeed.) The Indian Foreign Service is scornful about Modi’s efforts to attract investments from Japan, South Korea, etc. and obsesses towards the United States to bail out India. Narendra Modi is not seeking a bailout. That is the key difference between him and some previous prime ministers. He is working towards a paradigm change. This is most obvious in his foreign policy. He is concentrating primarily on the immediate and near neighbors.

The West is more distantly placed in his priority. His government has refused to hype Modi’s September visit to the United States. It is significant that he hardened the Indian stand on the Trade Facilitation Agreement weeks before the US tour. If he was so keen on America, he would have dithered.

One thing the United States should know about Narendra Modi; this is that he is no ditherer. If the United States now places conditions on Modi’s visit, such as concessions on trade and investments, intellectual property rights, civilian nuclear liability, and so on, it will be counter-productive. The best way for Modi’s visit to succeed is if the United States welcomes him with an open mind, makes no demands that he cannot concede, and works towards future relations. Narendra Modi has the clearest idea of where to take India, and how. He will be perfectly willing to work with the United States but he will permit no one to torpedo his plans for India’s rise. When President Barack Obama meets him, he will know him better.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

The 99:1 media strategy: Modi is speaking to the right audience

Jaggi is spot on and its worth reading the whole article.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

>>As far as my knowledge goes,optic and olfactory are the only 2 nerves in the body that are non-myelinated..

olfactory is not myelinated..but optic is very much myelinated...thee are plenty of peripheral sensory neurons with are not myelinated..the C group of peripheral neurons which carry crude touch and pain are not myelinated...but optic nerve is certainly myelinated... if optic nerve did not have myelination our vision would be blurred and we would not be able to sense live motion as it happens ..(i mean the "frames per second" would be extremely low as lack of myelination would reduce conduction velocity).. there are pathological conditions in which it looses portions f myelin..for eg demyelinating optic neuropathy..