Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

rajsunder
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by rajsunder »

Gus wrote:rajsunder - death rites alone does not make a person of a religion. after all, the person is dead and may not have had a choice in what is being done to his body :P . he may have very well been a "crypto xtian"..but that's not the clincher for me.

katju says about IB report on him that confirms he is corrupt. are such reports under rti? maybe somebody can ask for that report to be public.
he got the job by using reservation, the case which only came for hearing after his death.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Gus and rajsunder those posts about the deceased judge dont belong to NaMo thread. they belong to Congress thread...
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

In other things that don;t make the news but signal unsubtle shifts in focus.

Would love to see what NM will do (or not do) on the birth anniversaries of cong dynasts - JLN, Rajiv and Indira. :)
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Hari Seldon wrote:In other things that don;t make the news but signal unsubtle shifts in focus.

Would love to see what NM will do (or not do) on the birth anniversaries of cong dynasts - JLN, Rajiv and Indira. :)
He will make another trip to BARC or some other place, just like he did for the President's iftar party. :twisted:
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

"Law should take its course" is fine with Congress leaders. But with what you can control in these cases, time it so that electoral gains are made.
After all , if you are in politics, do politics.

TVR Shenoy put it well...it is not important to destroy the opposition leaders...it is important to destroy in such a way that the opposition vote base gets transferred to you.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Hari Seldon wrote:In other things that don;t make the news but signal unsubtle shifts in focus.

http://s24.postimg.org/ycaja9vhx/Tilak_NM.png

would expect NaMo to say a few good things or at the most to say little positive. All have been PMs of India. It is uncharacteritic of him to badmouth them.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Is PM Modi God to give occasional darshan, asks Kharge

"Is prime minister a God that he should give us darshan" once in a while, Leader of Congress in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge remarked.
Particularly cute coming from Kharge whose indomitable courage in raising similar Qs of chonia and raul is the stuff of legend... Onlee.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

A picture (of Rajnath wearing skull cap) is 1000 words

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=644221249006879

I dont know if this pix is real or photoshopped. But if real, the it shows that BJP is just another Congress. Now we already know that AAP is just another Congress. So basically, we have WWE-style scripted contests between three Congresses and nothing more. WWE is more entertaining though. Its time ALL leaders see WWE carefully, adopt a nickname (like The Rock) and adopt a modified version of their styles. The leaders should also have signature move (like The Rock has People's Elbow as his signature move) . That way, we will get more entertainment when we see leaders.
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 24 Jul 2014 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Is that really a skull-cap, or some traditional white topi kind of wear?
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Rahul Mehta wrote:A picture (of Rajnath wearing skull cap) is 1000 words

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=644221249006879

I dont know if this pix is real or photoshopped. But if real, the it shows that BJP is just another Congress. Now we already know that AAP is just another Congress. So basically, we have WWE-style scripted contests between three Congresses and nothing more. WWE is more entertaining though. Its time ALL leaders see WWE carefully, adopt a nickname (like The Rock) and adopt a modified version of their styles. The leaders should also have signature move (like The Rock has People's Elbow as his signature move) . That way, we will get more entertainment when we see leaders.
:lol:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rahul Mehta

If you have complaints about Modi govt I opened another thread only for that.
Please post there.

Thanks.
Atish
BRFite

Post by Atish »

I have seen Modi wearing a Muslim topi on youtube (Bohri style) long ago. He for some idiosyncratic reason just refused to wear a cap that one time, maybe for political image maybe he was just tired of trying on headgear. It became a big issue and he had to take the stand he did.

I see nothing wrong in wearing a skull cap as a political leader, I would too in the same situ, I would wear African/Tribal headdress/attire if I was addressing their gathering if it pleases them. No harm at all. I would NOT go naked or wear a mouthpiece to please Jain audience but thats about it.
Last edited by Atish on 24 Jul 2014 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Why not go along with a Cross to a Christian audience as well ?? Where do you draw the line ?

Personally speaking, I would draw the line at anything overtly associated with an exclusivist religion - and most would agree that is a very fair and reasoned preference.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Atish wrote:I have seen Modi wearing a Muslim topi on youtube (Bohri style) long ago. He for some idiosyncratic reason just refused to wear a cap that one time, maybe for political image maybe he was just tired of trying on headgear. It became a big issue and he had to take the stand he did.

I see nothing wrong in wearing a skull cap as a political leader, I would too in the same situ, I would wear African/Tribal headdress/attire if I was addressing their gathering if it pleases them. No harm at all. I would go naked or wear a mouthpiece to please Jain audience but thats about it.
That is from a Hindu view point. Have you ever seen a Muslim leader sporting a tilak to "please the gathering"? Why only Hindus have to carry this burden? In fact, Muslim ministers routinely refuse to light even the ceremonial lamp at an event, saying it is against their religion.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Atish wrote:I have seen Modi wearing a Muslim topi on youtube (Bohri style) long ago. He for some idiosyncratic reason just refused to wear a cap that one time, maybe for political image maybe he was just tired of trying on headgear. It became a big issue and he had to take the stand he did.

I see nothing wrong in wearing a skull cap as a political leader, I would too in the same situ, I would wear African/Tribal headdress/attire if I was addressing their gathering if it pleases them. No harm at all. I would go naked or wear a mouthpiece to please Jain audience but thats about it.
The former has religious tone, and later is a cultural theme. Can you show an image of Hamid Ansari, Vice President or Asaduddin Owaisi having saffron tilak or bindu. Even the so called Vice president once refused cultural meme of lighting a Diva on an opening ceremony. Let there one yard stick for all.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Did MMS wear the Muslim Topi ever or was Queen bee seen in tent like Burkha ?
Why different rules for Hindus then ?
Atish
BRFite

Post by Atish »

Yes, the "exclusivists" dont do that (YSR???) and it costs them popularity and gets them ill will. Anyways, my main point was to give some perspective to Modi and Topi issue. I have seen NaMo wearing a Bohri style golden "Muslim Topi" and giving a speech to Bohris in the presence of the erstwhile Syedna.
Atish
BRFite

Post by Atish »

Whoops had forgotten an important word NOT in my first post (regarding Jain audiences), I would NOT go naked or wear white mouthpiece to please Jains (and they wont appreciate it either if I did).
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Atish wrote:Yes, the "exclusivists" dont do that (YSR???) and it costs them popularity and gets them ill will. Anyways, my main point was to give some perspective to Modi and Topi issue. I have seen NaMo wearing a Bohri style golden "Muslim Topi" and giving a speech to Bohris in the presence of the erstwhile Syedna.
What a free man puts on his head or any part of his own body is his choice, no? Is he required to be consistent or follow some rules? Or explain to anyone his choice?

It is so unusual for a politician to also behave as a free citizen of India, and actually exercise those freedoms, that Modi's simple personal choice is raising such ruckus.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

^ Such rules are only for making us Dhimmified.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

this whole nonsense thing was started by the gandhi-nehru family as usual.

after months of vacationing in the comforts of lutyens delhi and plotting against rival state govts, they would paradrop into some remote tribal hamlet in a Mi17 helicoper, with a DD crew, don some tribal shawl and hat and linking arms with the gathered dancers, do a 5 min dance, promise development, rice and roads and fly back to to delhi to recover from the heat n dust of india by the evening.

throwing a iftar party for the muslim elites went into being a political statement. whether he throws a diwali or iftar party why should it be linked to politcs? let him throw 10 parties or none at all and let it be. even if my father didnt throw a lavish bday for me in 5*, does it mean he doesnt care about me?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

SanjayC wrote:

That is from a Hindu view point. Have you ever seen a Muslim leader sporting a tilak to "please the gathering"? Why only Hindus have to carry this burden? In fact, Muslim ministers routinely refuse to light even the ceremonial lamp at an event, saying it is against their religion.
That hamid ansari guy openly refused to take aarti from the jyot in Ramleela ground at Dussehra, but these sickularists will say that being a muslim its his right to refuse. But same right isn't for Hindus. #$*%^$#*
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

ramana wrote:Rahul Mehta

If you have complaints about Modi govt I opened another thread only for that. Please post there.

Thanks.
Ok. from now on, I will use that thread.

===
sudarshan wrote:Is that really a skull-cap, or some traditional white topi kind of wear?
I was worried that pix may photoshoped. So I posted pix on by SM profile and asked all SM-friends if the pix was real. I got following link saying that NDTV too had reported that it was a traditional muslim cap

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/e ... ine-509169
BJP chief Rajnath Singh wears traditional topi at Lucknow shrine

An image of BJP president Rajnath Singh wearing a traditional Muslim cap has stirred a political debate a day after a top cleric of Lucknow compared him to former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee .... Mr Singh is seen wearing the cap while offering prayers at a shrine in Lucknow, from where he is running for Parliament. The picture was reportedly taken at Baba Mir Kasim's shrine in the beginning of this month, after the BJP chief filed his nomination papers. His aides say there is no political significance in the gesture; he was only honouring the custom of a shrine with which he has had a long association. :mrgreen:
Now that pix's reality is confirmed, tomorrow, I am reporting the "FACT" that NaMo had ordered RNS to wear that cap !!!

====
Atish wrote:I have seen Modi wearing a Muslim topi on youtube (Bohri style) long ago. ...
Atish, all,

Please see if you can get me link to that video. I will give Rs 10000 award to anyone gives me the link to video. Every frame of that video is worth gold equal to that frame's weight.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Hari Seldon wrote:Modi at BARC today.

My Q is whats that pink cycle doing there?
H2O fuel cycle?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

The disillusionment is palpable.

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Any Chankian theories on why NaMo couldn't abstain?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

HS garu,

This is an indicator of pain and disappointment. Pls note the other cartoon Kureel published on Cow-Slaughter and Modi focusing on Economy.

There are few things Modi Sarkar could have done in this issue so this isn't made into a national shame.

If SS was right to say "India is friend to both sides of this problem and doesn't want internal politics to dictate foreign policy", then this vote doesn't reflect that sentiment. The UNHRC calls Israel an occupying force in Gaza, which is ridiculous given the politics of that region and given Dharmic perspective.

I will give an internal analogy. Kashmiri Pandits were kicked out of Kashmir few decades ago. Let's assume they couldn't return back for few centuries. And then a Hindu govt of India decides to resettle Hindu Pandits back in Kashmir. They collect the lands taken from them and builds a smart city. Now are Kashmiri Pandits an occupying society?

We need to get out of this phuking selective date-driven history where changes done from an arbitrary date are legitimate and others aren't. This is a leftist/WU outlook and what is happening around the world to undermine Dharmic forces.

This is exactly how Indian interests are curtailed by putting arbitrary dates for P5, NPT, CTBT etc., we call this nonsense out in some fields but merrily accept the same in other areas.

The fear for uber Secular Dhimmis in all this is that demolition of this nonsense demolishes their pet Idea of India which itself is date driven on 15Aug1947. They told all of us there was no India before that.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Pressure tactics from India nothing more and where is this "Israel an all weather friend" garbage coming from ???
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

^^Any Chankian theories on why NaMo couldn't abstain?

Israeli Ambassador meeting Advani during the elevation of Modi as PM candidate
Why would a fair weather friend do that?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

geeth wrote:^^Any Chankian theories on why NaMo couldn't abstain?

Israeli Ambassador meeting Advani during the elevation of Modi as PM candidate
Why would a fair weather friend do that?
So tomorrow UNHCR can sponsor a resolution against the Human Rights violations happening in the name of Islam :rotfl:
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why Modi is so silent since his speech in Parliament.
We used to make fun of silent era MMS and NaMo definitely can do better than few tweets everyday. Why wait till 15th Aug or speech in Parliament to break the silence especially when he is such a wonderful orator.

Why not speak to the people directly. Atleast we will know what Govt is doing or not doing.
He suddenly feels like a PM who is not around.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

15 August in 20 days away.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

He's been working non-stop to fix what those Congress mlecchas did for a good decade. It's been two months. He probably doesn't even have time to take a sh*t and you want him to address the nation. Work speaks louder than words in this case. He has appointed hard working and intelligent individuals in the PMO and has already introduced a number of very small measures that are having a good impact. He's not a pushover like MMS.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

^ Exactly, as an aside we saw during '84 to '89 reign of Rajiv Gandhi what happens due to over-exposure too. In those days only channel available was DD and 8:40pm to 9:00pm NEWS used to have 16 minutes dedicated to Rajiv Gandhi cutting ribbons, dancing with tribals, getting off on on airports with ususal bunch either welcoming of sending him off etc.

Result: The people were thoroughly fed with his face.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

VikasRaina wrote:Why Modi is so silent since his speech in Parliament?
There are no crises staring India in the face unlike the US. The leader of the latter is on TV all the time explaining/defending their actions or instigating other actions. Also he is known to be a "TV" personality. He is a little more sophisticated than that British MP guy who came to India and slept in a hut for a night and then went onto TV to excoriate India to give away Cashmere so that Indian poor can get the resources freed up vs. PV who was shy of any publicity. That is the difference is between doers and braggers. PV/Modi are doers. They bragged/brag less.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

For one year, Modi talked and talked. He was the challenger. He had no power, just the desire to be voted into power. All he could do then was talk. Elections are over now. It's time to do things, not talk. But the silence is too eerie to those who have been used to the dramatic soundbites from him for months on end. Particularly in a milieu where someone farting is BREAKING NEWS as opposed to just breaking gas.

We had a fiery fellow who got elected by a landslide. Did a lot of fiery talks about what he planned to do, change and build. His name was Rajiv Gandhi.

As for me, I will take a quieter Modi who is methodical and deliberate about getting things done. If I need updates, I'll read his blog or PTI feed. The rest of ELM has nothing to chew on, so their political news will be biased by whatever they get from whoever is willing to talk - in this case, the opposition. And what will the opposition tell them - "Modi is quiet and focussed and doing a good job. Let him be for now. The results will be there to see" ? No, not quite that.

Modi has the power and authority to get things done. He deliberately avoids patronising the ELM. They therefore feed on what the opposition tells him. The fact that they do so proves they have no desire to get in his good graces, just opportunistically feed on whatever scraps they can get. It's not Modi's job to fix them.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
have tweeetd your post in 8 tweets with some chnages to adjust to tweet.
thanks.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

It would still be good if the Prime Minister kept in touch with the people directly (like one of those US presidents used to).
He may refrain from talking to MSM and others. He may refrain from being a fiery mouth in election mode.
But he must keep talking to the people by State media, direct addresses etc.
Large part of our democracy is still not as savvy to visit his websites/blogs for updates.
He must reach out. Although I agree that is for later, right now he won't have much to show or talk about.
In fact, for the first term he'll only be able to fill the pits UPA had dug all around.

That brings me to another point. In the next term he won't have the kind of majority (free hand) he has now.
So the best time to take tough decisions, prepare bitter pills, make major/controversial moves with long term benefits - is now !!
Next time with the thin majority, he'll still be able to steer through and reap on his hardships on this first term.

Regards,
Virendra