Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Yagnasri »

Hariji,

I am planing to come there this month end and will be there for few days. May be we will have a lower Jirga once again?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

krishnan wrote:i was talking about that dua pic, look at lahul and her
But how could you simply ignore her best performance so for and comment on something else. HOW COULD YOU SIR.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I have never seen Rahulji and Priyanka ji in a temple praying like this. Only in Mosques and Churches.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

KJoishy wrote:I have never seen Rahulji and Priyanka ji in a temple praying like this. Only in Mosques and Churches.
That is what is called as EJ sir. Hamare haath Sab ke - except Hindu - ke saath.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Angootha choosega gandhi parivar
Abki baar Modi sarkar
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

James B wrote:Sickular presstitutes getting pretty desperate

I hope someone correct her... it should be "Best PAID journalists"
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Exit polls have arrived at the door step of News Editors. Let's track their behaviour especially Rajdeep Turdesai.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

From TOIlet interview

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 704071.cms

You seem to indicate that economy will be a big focus area for you. How will you address the problem of jobless growth? Is the decision opposing FDI in multi-brand retail final?

The first priority of the government will be to restore the health of the economy and put it back on track. This is not only important for reviving growth, but also important for generating employment. If there is one single thing that I feel needs maximum attention, it is generating employment for our youth.

To restore the health of the economy, a number of steps need to be taken. The first and the foremost will be to bring back the focus on infrastructure and manufacturing sector. For this we will have to move away quickly from the present state of policy paralysis and create an enabling environment to revive investor sentiment. We will also have to take steps to remove procedural bottlenecks and expedite decision making process for clearing projects.

Even as we take effective steps to revive growth and generate employment, we will also have to take specific measures for controlling inflation. This will require addressing the supply side concerns. This, in turn, would mean reviving the agriculture sector and come out of the present state wherein agriculture is being seen as non-remunerative. Farmers of this country feed the nation. Just enacting legislations without adequately addressing the challenges that the farmer faces is nothing but a mockery of farmers and the poor. The farming sector has to be revived and we must try to usher in a second green revolution. This can be done only by investing heavily on irrigation facilities and beginning work in right earnest on the river linking project. On the issue of FDI in retail our position has been made clear in our party manifesto.

What do you think of NREGA? Opinion is split about its benefits. Its votaries say that it has set a floor for rural wage and has provided cushion to landless labour. Critics say that it has distorted the wage market, and the billions spent without any durable community assets being created. What is your view?

We are committed to the effective implementation of NREGA. However, there is a need to analyze the costs and benefits in a professional manner. Experts should be asked to find out the loopholes and plug them. One thing is clear: at present, there is hardly any creation of durable community assets. We cannot let so much public money be spent without creating any durable assets. It also needs to be examined whether part of the NREGA funds can be used for rural housing, rural sanitation and providing skills to the unemployed in rural areas.

I feel that after the Act was passed by Parliament with the support of parties like BJP, the UPA government did not follow it up with proper implementation. They were more interested in reaping political benefit out of this scheme rather than focusing on effective implementation to provide employment support.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Whole gang of presstitutes have suddenly changed their conduct. Please give interview? Lot of them are coming to end of their contracts. Arnab said to be leaving TimesNow. Wife and husbend CNN-IBN and so on. Of course no one is leaving UndiTv.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Narayana Rao wrote:Whole gang of presstitutes have suddenly changed their conduct. Please give interview? Lot of them are coming to end of their contracts. Arnab said to be leaving TimesNow. Wife and husbend CNN-IBN and so on. Of course no one is leaving UndiTv.
The reason may be exit poll data
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

anmol wrote:Thread should be renamed to "Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty & Kejriwal: Contrasting Ideas of India"
Lunch with the FT

Kejriwal has finished his tea and has a train to catch. Rivals flit about in helicopters and private jets but he uses Indian railways, the transport favoured by his hero Gandhi. Time for one last awkward question: if, as opinion polls predict, Modi’s BJP wins and the AAP secures just a few seats, can the nascent party survive?

“Modi is not coming to power,” he says firmly. I ask again. Initially rejecting the question as “hypothetical”, he finally says, “We will sit in opposition.” I ask whether he will remain committed to electoral politics. “Of course.” And what role does he envision for himself? “I don’t think about myself. Whatever role comes my way I am willing to take that up.”
Mamta says today she will not allow Modi to become PM even if he wins majority.

So what is in their mind? Do they have an alternate plan in mind with Sonia?
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

As someone who has most of his family and extended family still in WB, Mamata is as close to Islamist CM as I have seen anywhere in India, as far as I can remember. Some of her behavior simply makes me wonder, whether she has actually converted.
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

Feel Crack pot harbours a desire for a seperate bengal with she as the pm. Suspicion on account of hillary meeting few years back.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I have faith in WB. The land of Chaitanya and Vivekananda cannot be so dumb not to see this through, in spite of whatever the current Bhadralok and Bengali MSM is dissing out. Sad that it is taking a Gujrati or someone else to wake the Bengalis, when they should have been waking others. I think, Mamta with her behavior is making it easy for a person to see through all the maya (as has Sonia helped at the center).
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://news.oneindia.in/india/narendra- ... 42601.html

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 737875.cms

Stupid press is not clear. But why they have waited till date until elections are all over and NM faced all kinds of allegations and insults ? They should have done this immediately on Union Cabinet decided on investigating the matter. May be they are afraid of mafia.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

krishnan wrote:it has to be permanent dis-integration
Entire poisonous dilly-billy eco-system has to be destroyed - 52 crore bunglow rajdeep, nira radia burkha dutt - pranav roy 5000 crore scam done jointly with chidambaram - timesofindia newstrader aditya jain who said to american "we're in advertising business not in NEWS" - mms yes mms also to make an example for future nilekanis etc.

Plus go after vadra silently through police and courts with whole BJP remaining silent despite all sorts of questioning by the media.

Make them suffer; the raids should be unrelenting, the arrests etc. The sibal-chidu-jindal targeted brutally.

So that they're forced to speak against waitress & family.

Harsh mandars and his NAC types put in jail.

Otherwise like pendulum they'll all start to gather energy under bianca for 2019 :
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Hari Seldon wrote:Mamta didi of west bangladesh is finally getting some serious competition onlee...

Rahul Gandhi halts speech on hearing prayer call from mosque
Gandhi began his speech recalling his family’s long association with the city dating back to the days of Jawaharlal Nehru.

But then around 5 PM, the loudspeaker of a mosque situated adjacent to the venue of the rally sounded the muezzin’s call. On hearing the call, Gandhi stopped his speech, promptly stepped aside and stood with his head bowed deferentially.

After the muezzin ended his call, Gandhi returned in front of the mike to resume his speech and was greeted by a huge round of applause.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Will Narendra Modi be able to rid India of the Gandhi dynasty?
hough the Gandhis have been defeated before in their bailiwick – in 1977 – that defeat was largely related to the huge mistake made by Sanjay Gandhi in forcing compulsory sterilisation on an unwilling population. It is worth recalling that just as north India destroyed the Congress, the south went the whole hog for the same party. The defeat of 1977 was thus an aberration in the long history of the Gandhi dynasty’s success in politics.

But 2014 could be different. This time, if Modi is successful, he could actually put the dynasty on the road to permanent decline. Because it will fade out not when it gets defeated by an unexpected wave in one election, but when it is comprehensively defeated on broadly positive planks – like development, stability and governance.
From a psychological point, he has already scored several points.

First, he made Rahul’s failure manifest by not only mocking him as Shehzada, but by forcing his sister to come and campaign for him.

Second, even though there is a media consensus that Priyanka has more charisma than Rahul, and could thus be the dynasty’s attack weapon of the future, the fact remains that she has not been questioned seriously about anything. The media has been following her around like Mary’s lamb, but her best lines have been just empty shells. :rotfl: For example, she said BJP leaders were running away “like rats”. The media played this up as though it was a great comeback line. Was it? Modi just disproved her by landing up in Amethi in full force. Not only that, the people actually missing in action are her brother Rahul and hubby Robert Vadra. The last time, the latter was roaring around in his mobike claiming he could join politics too. “I would definitely contest if the people so desired.” It took Priyanka to make a denial on his behalf. And now, she is the one defending Vadra on his dubious land deals.

Third, Priyanka’s defence against Modi’s attacks on her family, including her father, was family honour. Modi had said Rajiv had insulted Telugu pride by behaving badly with a Congress CM (T Anjiah), and that Rahul had insulted the PM by calling his ordinance to protect convicted MPs as “nonsense”. Priyanka did not address any of the points made, which are a matter of record. Instead, The Hindustan Times quoted her as saying this: “They have insulted my martyr-father. The people of Amethi will not forgive them for this.”

Essentially, Priyanka is saying no one can say anything about her father or her family, and is hoping that Amethi’s voters will think this defence is more important than their broader welfare. A feudal expectation, no doubt. The big question, though, is whether all the Modi rhetoric is enough to send the dynasty packing. I doubt it. It will actually need one or two consecutive defeats for the dynasty to diminish, as is evident from the Congress party’s resurgence in 1980 after a drubbing in 1977, and its second coming in 2009, after a weak win in 2004.

A clue to Modi’s thinking on dynasty came in today’s interview in The Times of India (probably his best so far), where he has said that if the Congress party fails to obtain more than 100 seats, it could be in decline. He said: “Their target is to somehow cross the hundred-seat mark so that their leadership of the Congress party is not challenged. However, I see all possibility of the Congress falling below the hundred seat mark and if that happens, there will be a serious churning within Congress over the issue of leadership.”

On the emergence of Priyanka as a future political rival, he seemed unsure. He said: “It is for the Congress party to take these decisions post the election results. However, it seems odd that a national party like the Congress should not be able to think beyond the Gandhi family for providing leadership.”

This is where I think we are all making a mistake. DIEnasty is not going DIE so easily because people have been dhimmified for long and are not that persistent in their quest to understand complex things.
This is where Modi may be underestimating the strength of dynastic thinking in the Congress. The truth is political parties represent ideas and culture, and with every turn of the economic or cycle, defeated ideas come back into the reckoning.

The BJP itself fell to two seats in 1984, but bounced back in 1989. It peaked in 1998-99, and then crashed in 2004 and 2009. It is bouncing back again this time.

Hmmmmm.... Jaggu offers Modi a plan to split dynasty and CMs and create differences in CON
If Modi really wants to end dynasty, the answer lies in how he handles Congress Chief Ministers and what he does to strengthens them. His real slogan should not be ‘Congress-mukt Bharat’, but ‘Dynasty-mukt Congress’. His idea, that the country should be run in partnership between the PM and CMs, can be a critical element in ensuring this. If he really means it, he can build direct partnerships with Congress CMs and make sure that they remain in power, especially if they take a line independent of the Gandhis.

Ending dynasty calls for strengthening the regional leaders of the Congress so that they can strike out on their own. That is the key. The rhetoric in Amethi is good as far as it goes, but it won’t end dynastic thinking in the Congress.
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

RamaY wrote:
James B wrote:Sickular presstitutes getting pretty desperate

I hope someone correct her... it should be "Best PAID journalists"
My response:

#NaMo has anticipated ur question & has given intvus to the best. You are not included. Samjdhar ko ishara kafi hai!!
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

[quote
Samjdhar ko ishara kafi hai!![/quote]

Do you really think Sagarika is samajdar?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

vivek.rao wrote:Hmmmmm.... Jaggu offers Modi a plan to split dynasty and CMs and create differences in CON
If Modi really wants to end dynasty, the answer lies in how he handles Congress Chief Ministers and what he does to strengthens them. His real slogan should not be ‘Congress-mukt Bharat’, but ‘Dynasty-mukt Congress’. His idea, that the country should be run in partnership between the PM and CMs, can be a critical element in ensuring this. If he really means it, he can build direct partnerships with Congress CMs and make sure that they remain in power, especially if they take a line independent of the Gandhis.

Ending dynasty calls for strengthening the regional leaders of the Congress so that they can strike out on their own. That is the key. The rhetoric in Amethi is good as far as it goes, but it won’t end dynastic thinking in the Congress.
This is a trap and will backfire. All those CMs are core family loyalist. Many of them dont deserve to be there. They are under tremendous obligation and by strengthening them Modi will eventually strengthen the family.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Narayana Rao wrote:Hariji,

I am planing to come there this month end and will be there for few days. May be we will have a lower Jirga once again?
totally saar. Email me and lez fix up something. :)
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

This clearly depicts the hypocrisy of our MSM:

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Another win for Modi: Report says Gujarat land acquisition model is the best
A Commerce and Industry Ministry sponsored report today showcased the Gujarat model of land acquisition as the best practice, which can be emulated by other states with some modifications, to improve the business environment.

The report on 'Best Practices to Improve the Business Environment Across States/UTs in India', prepared by consultancy firm Accenture on behalf of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, also talks about the best practices in Karnataka and Maharashtra on issues related to labour management and trade and investment facilitation system.

"Although we have chosen to showcase Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation's (GIDC) model for land-related intervention as the best practice, some other states have taken initiatives to help businesses to get land for setting up facilities," it said.

Land acquisition, it may be noted, has become a controversial issue in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections, with Congress accusing Narendra Modi-led BJP government in Gujarat of giving cheap land to business houses. The report said Gujarat has "a very simplified land acquisition procedure in the state with minimum direct government participation. "An entrepreneur can approach GIDC for a speedier acquisition with fewer hassles," it said.

With regard to land acquisition, it also cited examples of Haryana and Andhra Pradesh. As regards environmental clearances, the report praised the practices adopted by the Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB).

"The GPCB has adopted the (various)features in the XGN (Extended Green Node) portal which has made it a best practice and can be replicated across other states," it added. The other best practices, which featured in the report, pertain to integrated and comprehensive system for VAT in Karnataka; labour management solution in Maharashtra; setting up Maharashtra Industry, Trade and Investment Facilitation Cell; and single window clearance in Rajasthan and Punjab.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

RaGa's political career is probably over for good if he loses May16. even the most optimistic MSM or state CMs cannot keep his image afloat.
priyanka vadra is the one and only last hope to keep the family firm under private ownership.

no congi state CM has the financial muscle and street power of a pawarful to split and stand on his own. there is no within the INC who can challenge the dynasty and none who can hold the party together minus the dynasty.

for their own survival they will appoint PV as the new leader and ask that RaGa be slowly eased out or given a harmless role.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

arvin wrote:Feel Crack pot harbours a desire for a seperate bengal with she as the pm. Suspicion on account of hillary meeting few years back.

That is one posible reason Neroyanan is the Governor there.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Singha wrote:for their own survival they will appoint PV as the new leader and ask that RaGa be slowly eased out or given a harmless role.
Whatever happens I wish the gang of A Patel, M Tiwari, K Sibbal, S Tharoor, J Ramesh and Chidu will always be around to ensure the complete burial. Seriously lol. what a gang! no body is a leader or ground level worker. These are only assembled pseudo intellects!
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

ramana wrote:That is one posible reason Neroyanan is the Governor there.
I was actually hoping Modi to reinstate MKN as NSA.
member_28468
BRFite

Post by member_28468 »

I side with Narendra Modi on most issues in the India 2014 Election.
Candidates you side with...

89% :( (damn not 100)
Narendra Modi
Narendra Modi Bharatiya Janata Party

take this survey to know about you

http://india.isidewith.com/political-qu ... =FV8C6muVc
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

abhijitm - There will be some surprises for us on BRF... wait patiently.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

mike narayanan is FAR more sinned against than an actual sinner. he has been chankian enough to survive in an anti-Indian environment but his patriotism won't be questioned by people who have an inkling of his deeds. but that doesn't mean he should be NSA. he is not young enough.

oh, and his relationship with mamata has been highly antagonistic. for that matter it was MB who killed teesta water sharing agreement with BD.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

ramana wrote:
arvin wrote:Feel Crack pot harbours a desire for a seperate bengal with she as the pm. Suspicion on account of hillary meeting few years back.

That is one posible reason Neroyanan is the Governor there.
Giving Sugata Bose LS ticket was a danger sign for me. It kind of confirmed my suspicion about US hand behind Muslim support to her.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Rahul,

No not NSA for sure, too old like you said... But MKN probably knows more about internal security than anybody else in the country at this point.

Politically all bureaucrats play the game to survive, and often swallow all kinds of slights and insults from our politicos on a daily basis ... Of course, some are sycophants par excellence, some are part-time sychophants and others are out of necessity. One thing is almost certain: in no country are the bureaucrats better at hiding their true feelings or thoughts than the ones we have in India.

And I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but MKN was disliked by many in the US.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Image[/quote]

The idiot doesn't know what kind of treatment she and her ilk are going to get very soon.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

@5Forty3

Amethi is getting curiouser and curiouser, local Congress leaders are extremely jittery;tomorrow will be an interesting day!
No wonder the Mrs. Vodka is going nuts! May be tomorrow night she will drink like hell and come out abusing Modi on road. :rotfl:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

gate #snoop Girl family has approached SC and expressed gratitude for surveillance by Guj govt
they want to live happily and w dignity
for which girl wants all evidence in form of CD & documents erased available online
She also objected to her name being taken publicly (Kejriwal)
SC has asked Guj guvt and center to file reply by Friday
It will be open and shut case
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NitiCentral.com ‏@NitiCentral 1h

Celebrities come together to campaign for Modi http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/06/c ... 20563.html