Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

syele
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by syele »

Sachin Tendulkar has a right to represent any political party of his choice as a citizen of India. In fact it is not right for a man of his caliber to escape to foreign shores at the time of elections. India needs as many accomplished Indians as possible to participate in the democratic process.

It is understandable for his fans to want him escape criticism he might receive by aligning with Congress, but democracy of India is more important than unquestionable accomplishment of Sachin Tendulkar in cricket. In that sense any suggestions of him going on out-of-country vacation are ill advise.

In fact it is desirable, if possible, for Sachin Tendulkar to support a political party of his choice if he believes that India would be better off under that party's leadership. He would be making immense service to India and will be a true Bharat Ratna. After all he has been a beneficiary of being a cricket maestro in India. He wouldn't have been this successful if he were to be born in a country where cricket is not appreciated as much as it is in India.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

right.. he must exercise his right to vote. sure!
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Muppalla wrote:12 things Modi said at Bangalore rally
The UPA started Pink Revolution, export of flesh, instead of improving India's economy.
What does Modi ji mean by that?
Don't know- could be double meaning referring to increasing export of women and children for slavery, usually also referred to as the flesh-trade.
syele
BRFite -Trainee

Post by syele »

Pink Revolution: Meat production and export industry
http://in.reset.org/knowledge/india’s-‘pink-revolution
India has already become quite rosy and meat production has been steadily growing over the past decade. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foreign Agricultural Service, India became the largest exporter of buffalo meat in 2012, exporting approximately 1.5 million metric tons of beef. The largest importers of Indian meat are primarily countries in the Middle East and South East Asia.
India makes halal-compliance food exports, especially when some countries are going thru anti-halal revolution. It is also a strategy to limit native cattle population to meat production where as milk production moves onto imported breeds. The implications can be scary.

As of now the trade between India and Middle East looks like - Middle East exports energy resources and Wahhabism where as India exports cheap skilled/UN-skilled labor and Meat/Food products.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

A disturbing trend. Maybe increase pork production as competing or substitute. Does NM say anything on the meat industry?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

how about easier options of pig exports? price per organic pig could go up, and easier to satisfy both sections of haramness. don't need to establish huge butcher society.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

SwamyG wrote:..but will happily welcome back BSY into BJP.
what did BSY do, in the context of KA and the options there, that makes him an untouchable for bjp?

you've been on this for ever... :roll:

from what i see, BSY is not a 'gone case' as far as corruption. plenty of people get into power first time and get into trouble.

was there anyone more corrupt than jayalalitha in her first term. forget about corrupt - do you even remember the rowdyism and gangsterism at that time. look up amirtanjan house and all the choice properties that she and sasikala intimidated the owners to sell. the less said about their goonda raj with chandralekha incident, the kumba mela nonsense that led to 100s if not thousands dead etc etc..that list can fill this page.

but, she is acceptable now..her support for modi is desired and even assumed as done.

poor yeddy has to go sit in a corner because he is the bad boy.. :lol:
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^ I agree. This "BSY is untouchable" line is unconvincing, to put it mildly. As it is, in the best case also (with an unconditional kip-bjp merger) at best, only half of k'taka's seats are in play for BJP... do we wanna lose that also to the dynasty??
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Muppalla wrote:12 things Modi said at Bangalore rally
The UPA started Pink Revolution, export of flesh, instead of improving India's economy.
brihaspati wrote: Don't know- could be double meaning referring to increasing export of women and children for slavery, usually also referred to as the flesh-trade.
That is what my point was too. What is pink revolution referring to? Is it meat export? If so then this is about meat and not flesh-trade.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Vidiye vidiye Ramayanam kaettuttu Sita yaarnnu kaetanam.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Muppalla wrote:
brihaspati wrote: Don't know- could be double meaning referring to increasing export of women and children for slavery, usually also referred to as the flesh-trade.
That is what my point was too. What is pink revolution referring to? Is it meat export? If so then this is about meat and not flesh-trade.
It is clearly meat export. He is targeting export driven meat industry. His point is that the meat export industry has grown faster than IT industry under CongIs. Further the word "pink" associated to "female" is an american thingy. Modi himself has worn pink and India is colorful.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

In the NaMo rallies in non-Hindi-speaking states, why can't they have a bilingual BJP karyakarta translate it in the local language as NaMo is speaking? :-?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

SwamyG wrote:Vidiye vidiye Ramayanam kaettuttu Sita yaarnnu kaetanam.
you should know millions of people will have their wife's name as Sita. So, all those people will answer

my wife!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Kakkaji wrote:In the NaMo rallies in non-Hindi-speaking states, why can't they have a bilingual BJP karyakarta translate it in the local language as NaMo is speaking? :-?
+1.. speaks volume about operational disconnects between karyakartas and the chain up.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Making talented people emigrate to find jobs overseas: educated people to US/UK/ elsewhere and low skilled as slaves/serfs to KSA/Gulf

We all be pink under the melanin bro!

Mistranslation of 'pink'
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Kakkaji wrote:In the NaMo rallies in non-Hindi-speaking states, why can't they have a bilingual BJP karyakarta translate it in the local language as NaMo is speaking? :-?
It will take away the spontaneity? Are there still many people not able to understand HIndi let alone speak in India? I am guessing among the southern states, Karnataka is most comfortable with Hindi. I am noticing even people from Tamil Nadu, traditionally the most reluctant to learn Hindi, can converse in Hindi very comfortably these days. I had a Tamilian room mate in the US(his wife and kid were in India for a few months at that time). Later, when they all moved to India, he admitted his daughter in a school which had Hindi as the second language. The reason - he and his wife felt left out during gatherings because they could not partake in the conversation.

--Added Later--
I think the dilemma is whether to cater to those who understand Hindi or sacrifice original voice and delivery to cater to those who do not understand Hindi.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

the answer kakkaji pointed was to have neither. let him say whatever language he is comfortable in, but be translated for local audience. also, it makes modi's speech paused for the time the translator does it.. this can either stop a thought process, or if he is smart, can put on the spot corrections to his thoughts. it all depends on the speaker.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

I think the idea of a 'national language' for India merits a separate thread. In a nation divided into linguistic states, co-equal, one language primus inter pares is a problem. It puts a burden on the non speakers and gives a leg up to speakers.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I think the days of Hindi hate are behind us. Other that politicians trying to rile up people, I don't see anyone hating any other language anymore. I doubt if even Tamilians disdain Hindi any more. My Tamil classmates would make an effort to speak Hindi and many could understand. This is good news.

I am all for a 3 language policy where everyone has to learn Sanskritic Hindi along with state language and then English.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

i think this national language drive, link language drives are all infeasible thoughts. it is better to have information distribution mechanisms. btw, software and hardware hve been advancing at lightning speeds. google had already begun the project during 2010.. i am hoping soon, they might produce android phones that does language nexus. i can speak from mexico in spanish, and kJoe can respond back in kannada from bangalore.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

The rural masses in southern (and other non-Hindi speaking) states do not understand Hindi enough to follow NaMo's speeches in Hindi. IMHO a live translation is essential.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

On a somewhat related note, Mulayam Uncle wants another ban.

Mulayam seeks ban on English in Parliament
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Cosmo_R wrote:

Making talented people emigrate to find jobs overseas: educated people to US/UK/ elsewhere and low skilled as slaves/serfs to KSA/Gulf

Mistranslation of 'pink'
So,
Indian cattle(including the sacred cows) provide meat for the foreigners.
Indian gals and women become part of flesh trade. Sheikhs can do it in a legal manner.
Educated Indians who want earn money have to migrate to foreign countries and work for the foreign companies.
Otherwise, the educated Indian have to remain in India and work at the outsourced jobs by these foreign companies. Foreign companies outsource because its cheap labour.
The lesser skilled Indians have to migrate to foreign countries and take up the mean jobs. Again, cheap labour. In some foreign countries in middle-east, Indians are no more than legal slaves.

Seems to me that India and Indians are still very much in colonial or jihadhi age...In short, its neo-colonialism.

In a way, it is worse. At least, in the colonial or jihadhi age, the Indians still kept their culture and civilization intact. But today, Indians(including me) are abjectly imitating the foreigners in everyway... in every detail of life, Indians imitate foreigners, as if they have nothing of original to offer. Clothes, hair-cut, language, body-language, attitude, religions, sports, music, movies, arts, ... everything is simply imitated. It has come to a pass, where people will blindly imitate anything that foreigners do. If the foreigners make fun of Yoga, Indians do it. If the foreigners start doing Yoga, Indians also do it.

The picture emerging is of a country that has completely lost its self-confidence and self-esteem. Very abject and disgusting, if we think about it.

Whats worse is that if anyone were to point this out, people's first reaction is to attack the messenger instead of pondering on the message. If anyone were to criticize inglish language as unsuitable for the present role it is being used in India, then people(specially the educated ones) attack the person as being regressive. If anyone suggests that Indians must look to replace inglish(a colonial language imposed on the Indians) with Sanskruth and try to spread it to rest of the world as well, that person would be seen as a nut. If any Indian had started the fad of Yoga, then other Indians would have made fun of him. But since the foreigners also doing it, Indians think Yoga is alright. If the foreigners accept Ayurvedha, that also will be acceptable to Indians. Until then, Ayurvedha is considered a superstition. People may still resort to it and benefit from it. But, generally, it is not accepted as the 'medicine'. Why? Because its not accepted by the foreigner.

Colonized in mind, body and culture... the story of modern India. :cry:

Modi touches on these things and hopefully will be able to guide India out of this mess. And reverses the roles, as it used to be once. It was India that the world imitated. It was India that was the guide and teacher(Jagadhguru) to the world. Today, India is a blind follower. The very word 'India' is a foreign one...
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

johneeG wrote: The picture emerging is of a country that has completely lost its self-confidence and self-esteem. Very abject and disgusting, if we think about it.

Whats worse is that if anyone were to point this out, people's first reaction is to attack the messenger instead of pondering on the message. If anyone were to criticize inglish language as unsuitable for the present role it is being used in India, then people(specially the educated ones) attack the person as being regressive. If anyone suggests that Indians must look to replace inglish(a colonial language imposed on the Indians) with Sanskruth and try to spread it to rest of the world as well, that person would be seen as a nut. If any Indian had started the fad of Yoga, then other Indians would have made fun of him. But since the foreigners also doing it, Indians think Yoga is alright. If the foreigners accept Ayurvedha, that also will be acceptable to Indians. Until then, Ayurvedha is considered a superstition. People may still resort to it and benefit from it. But, generally, it is not accepted as the 'medicine'. Why? Because its not accepted by the foreigner.

Modi touches on these things and hopefully will be able to guide India out of this mess. And reverses the roles, as it used to be once. It was India that the world imitated. It was India that was the guide and teacher(Jagadhguru) to the world. Today, India is a blind follower. The very word 'India' is a foreign one...
JohneeG-ji,
You echo my old professor in IISc. He used to say the same things. Apparently, it is true even in research. His research proposal in NCERT remained dormant for 8 years until the foreigners got on to the same idea and started researching it. Apparently, his proposal was cleared then. Even now, it is disgusting for me to see how many people value a foreign degree and foreign journals over one of our own (although, in my own field, I have seen better research coming from India than most foreign countries).
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^ The 3 least interesting speeches by NM in this campaign tour have all been in the south - Hyd, Tricjy and now BLR. Clearly language disconnect is playing apart.

Coming wednesday in Agra, I hop NM finds back his old form...
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Singha wrote:can we ease up on the SRT bashing until he actually starts campaigning for the INC ?
Karan M wrote: ++1

its getting tiresome to see SRT ref in a modi thread when there is no confirmation whatsoever that srt is going to join the INC
Saars,
just to clarify, my post was not bashing SRT. It was bashing kongis who are trying to cash in on the popularity of Sachin. This is now quite clear that kongis are interested in bring Sachin on board. So, I would think that it is a legitimate topic to discuss. Whether Sachin will accept the kongi proposal or not is still doubtful(I think he will not, though the pressure of rewards and punishment must be immense and difficult to withstand.) So, is it ok to bash kongis for trying to force Sachin
SwamyG wrote:Even if he joins, hopefully there a thread in burkha mode, where people can whine for all they want and leave this thread alone. Interesting people do not want SRT to join INC, but will happily welcome back BSY into BJP.
Whining?! Saar,
if one is going to use such words, then all the talk is just whining nothing more. But, why a different thread? And what is the comparison between Sachin and BSY, I can't understand.

The proper comparison is Sachin and Saurav. There are news reports that Saurav may have been approached by the Lotus, while its quite clear(specially with pappu attending the match) that kongis want Sachin to campaign for them.

Now, read the next few news reports with the above in mind:
Rahul M wrote:rajiv shukla tries to 'boost' sachin's reputation (as if SRT needs shukla's poisonous help) in the only way he knows, by bringing down another legend, ganguly.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/ ... 36-78.html
Sachin was against Ganguly removing shirt to celebrate win: Shukla
Press Trust of India
Nov 13, 2013 at 11:20am IST

BCCI Vice President Rajeev Shukla was full of praise for Sachin Tendulkar and how he held the Indian team together, but his anecdotes were all seemingly at the expense of former India captain Sourav Ganguly.
Link to original post

Shukla is a kongi... so, you can see what he is trying to do. :roll:
Rahul M wrote:
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/ ... 33-78.html
I never sought John Wright's apology: Sourav Ganguly
(aka rajiv shukla caught lying in trying to make up stories about SRT)
Link to original post
abhijitm wrote:Shukla is a liar. Viru and Wright sorted out between themselves and remain friends till date.

This is what Rahul Dravid had to say about the incident. It showed just how badly Wright wanted us to win' - Dravid
John [Wright] had been talking to us about how Viru [Virender Sehwag] was batting really well, playing great shots, but also playing silly shots and getting out. That was getting to John. He said to me, 'If that guy gets out to one more bad shot I'm going to really have a go at him.' In the next match Viru went out and played a silly shot and got out. And when he walked back into the dressing-room, John actually grabbed him by the collar and shook him. It created a bit of stir in the dressing room. The thing was the incident was quickly forgotten and neither Viru nor anyone else took offense. We knew how badly he wanted Viru and the team to do well. We knew it frustrated him when people did not play up to their potential. It was an incident that showed us just how badly he wanted us to win. There were absolutely no hard feeling after the incident; and perhaps he and Viru got on much better after that, if anything.
So whom should we believe. hmmm tough choice....Rahul Dravid or Rajiv Shukla...

This Shukla guy with his lies disrespecting everybody, including SRT, SG, VS, JW and every member of TI. He is also portraying SRT as a sly who was running a parallel system with the help of this Shukla.
Link to original post

The kongi does not bat an eyelid to ride roughshod on Saurav(and there is no doubt that the attempt was to malign Saurav on the excuse of praising Sachin). The same threat is held out to Sachin by the kongis. If Sachin does not play ball, then he may be threatened that such obscure anecdotes will start pouring about Sachin which slyly question his integrity. He may even face the threat of IT raids(if, it happens, then we will know for sure that dynasty mafia is very desperate and Sachin has stood his ground). Also, carrots may be offered. Like a possibility of Sports-minister, or BCCI prez or some such thing. Basically, if you are with us, we'll reward you and if you are not with us, we'll punish you.

This is typical dynasty mafia working. Why should it be ignored? I see Sachin as a victim here who is being forced to do something that he does not want to do. Infact, it should be shouted from rooftops, if its possible.

----
Rahul M saar,
the award to chiru was given for what he was going to do. It was not for past services. Similarly, it seems that burqa(and rest of the paid media) had bigger role to play in 2009 elecktions than before that. So, even in that case, it seems that the award was given for future services.

It seems that the dynasty mafia is pretty cynical and cruel. They don't give awards or rewards for past services. They do it only if the person also has potential of future services.

I agree that it is also a playing to gallery decision of giving BR to Sachin. Kongis may be hoping to win some easy brownie points this. But, most people will not give much credit to kongis on this. They will think that Sachin deserved it, so he got it. So, kongis are not going to get much credit out of this decision. Same as Kasab deserved to be hanged, he was hanged. Kongis cannot claim any great credit on that part. In such decisions, it works in the reverse manner. If anyone stops such a decision, he gets flak, but if the decision goes through then it is seen as what should be.

----
On a related note, not just the kongis, but even the brits want to use Sachin's farewell for some psyops:
johneeG wrote:
brihaspati wrote: Is it not a pity that the much lambasted Judith Brown has to come to the rescue of his image? [I had pointed out Brown's positive role earlier towards reconstructions of JLN when Brown's scattered negative comments were being used to dismiss any and all critique of JLN as dissable "western/British" propaganda. Brit officialdom and established historiography essentially adore JLN. That in itself should be indicators of whom his actions/visions might have benefited or appeared worthy of approval.]
X-posting from here
Some interesting psyops, look who is in full-force trying to support the beleaguered kongis:

Sachin Tendulkar announces he will retire from cricket after his 200th Test Match for India

The man known in his country as the 'God of cricket' announced on Thursday that the second Test against the West Indies would be the final act of a 24-year career, the passing of which has left a gaping hole in terms of a national hero and icon to more than a billion people.

India’s 24-hour rolling news channels were dominated by Tendulkar’s departure. Rahul Gandhi, a member of India’s greatest political dynasty and a strong candidate to become prime minister next year, was wiped off screen in the middle of a speech as the greats of cricket and the ordinary Indian fan hailed the 40-year-old.
Link to Telegraph.uk

They also decided that that patriarch needed some bolstering:
Link to BBC

I am sure there were several placards on Sachin, but the one that was chosen by the BBC tells its own story. :roll:
Link to original post

----
nageshks ji,
its quite sad isn't it. Imagine a reverse scenario:
Lets say that all the foreigners imitate Indians in all aspects of life. Lets say they also perform their marriage ceremonies in a Hindhu manner....And in day to day lives, women wear sarees, put a bindhi, some flowers in their plait like a typical Indian woman, while men wear dhothis and kurthas, they speak in Hindhi, Thelugu or Sanskruth. They consider any Indian to be implicitly superior to themselves. They all want to migrate to India for a better life. If any phorener disses India or Indians, then other foreigners jump on him and tear him down. Any 'research' that comes from India which 'proves' the greatness of India or Indians is accepted as the absolute unquestionable scientific truth. They all read Ramayana and Mahabharatha, and poems of Kalidhaasa. And so on... But, most important is that they consider it a greatest privilege to be imitating the Indians... they are happy and feel blessed to imitate Indians... Imagine such a scenario.

We are actually living that scenario in reverse.
Last edited by johneeG on 18 Nov 2013 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

the proper version is

seethaikku raman sithappannaan.

get to the point. what is it about BSY that you feel BJP has to treat him as untouchable?

this is not the first time you are poking into this subject..
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

>>You echo my old professor in IISc. He used to say the same things. Apparently, it is true even in research. His research proposal in NCERT remained dormant for 8 years until the foreigners got on to the same idea and started researching it. Apparently, his proposal was cleared then. Even now, it is disgusting for me to see how many people value a foreign degree and foreign journals over one of our own (although, in my own field, I have seen better research coming from India than most foreign countries).

very true...research in India lags due to lack of self esteem...and the archaic hierarchical system and 'respect' thy holy seniors problem..i know several brilliant minds reduced to ordinary professionals..when they could have contributed to leap-frogging research..
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

re : beef , cow-slaughter , BJP's stand on cow-slaughter

(Aside : trivial solutions to reduce cow-slaughter problem in India is given in chap-44 of http://rahulmehta.com/301.htm ).

Beef = cow meat + buffalo meat

Export of cow meat is legally banned

Export of buffalo meat is subsidized !! Pink revolution is massive increase is buffalo slaughter in past 10 years. India is today no.1 exporter of beef (legally, buffalo meat only).

Along with buffalo meat, cow meat also gets exported en-masse illegally.

Thousands of cows get smuggled from across India to West Bengal to Bangladesh every day. It is roaring business.

Cow meat prices in India are cheaper than Pakistan\Bangladesh because Hindus donate free food to cows !! Solution to this problem is also in chap-44 of "The Book of The Solutions".

Cow-slaughter is allowed in many states such as WB, Kerala, AP and now KN as well. KN had banned it and now it is legal. AP has peculiar law that "cow whose milk is unhealthy can be slaughtered !!" And all one needs is doctor's certificate that milk is unhealthy. In Gujarat, cow/calf/bull cannot be slaughtered no matter what. So cow slaughter is banned in Gujarat (and my sincere thanks to NaMo for that, no sarcasm). And implementation by police is good, but in courts it is horrible. Cow slaughter is Gujarat has drastically reduced , it now happens only in interior muslim villages and NOT one bit in cities. But cow smuggling from Gujarat to MH is rampant.

For every Jersey cow that comes, 4 desi cow become "useless". Because Jersey cow can eat 5 times more food and give 5 times more (unhealthy) milk, after hormonal injections are given to that Jersey cow. While desi cow eat limited food and give limited milk, and fall ill when these hormonal injections are given. So milkmen are moving towards Jersey cow. And so every Jersey cow they bring, 4 desi cow are sold off.

Cow-slaughter is banned in Goa. But thanks to BJP CM Manohar Paricker, now bull slaughter may be legal in Goa. It was legal when he became CM. But a Goa High Court judge banned bull slaughter, because a PIL filer proved that cows were getting slaughtered along with bullock i.e. bull slaughter had created a loop hole by which cows were also getting slaughtered. So HCj banned bull slaughter. It was a rare judgment where judges sided with cows. Because in most cases, LCjs, HCjs and SCjs are pro-kasai anti-cows because kasai have cash, while cows dont have cash. But within a week after Goa High Court banned bullock slaughter, BJP CM Manohar Parikker filed review petition, and BJP CM Manohar Parikker and BJP MLAs passed resolution in Goa Assembly demanding re-legalization of bullock slaughter to pressurize judges !! I dont know the final status of the case, but bull-slaughter is legal in Goa now. see http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/no-b ... 67644.html
No beef in Goa, BJP to appeal for allowing bull slaughter
Panaji 25-april-2013

With beef in Goa in acute short supply following a high court ban, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government assured the state assembly Thursday that it would request the court to allow slaughter of bulls and male buffaloes at the state-run meat complex. "We will request the court on Monday to allow the state-run meat complex to slaughter bulls and he-buffaloes," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said during a discussion in the house, even as beef has been off meat counters in the state for several days now. The ban on beef slaughter in Goa, earlier this week follows a petition to the Panaji bench of the Bombay high court by the Govansh Raksha Abhiyaan (GRA), which had alleged various illegalities within the Goa Meat complex, at Usgao, 30 km from here. A three-member committee, headed by a senior bureaucrat, has also been appointed to probe the allegations of the GRA. Slaughter of bulls, oxen and male buffaloes in Goa is legally allowed only at the government's meat complex, while cow slaughter is banned here. It is illegal to slaughter these animals anywhere else in the state, which means that there is virtually no beef available for consumption in Goa, which consumes nearly 15 tonnes of meat everyday.
NaMo rightly remembered and criticized KN Govt for re-starting cow slaughter. NaMo has good memory. But NaMo forgot to criticize Goa govt for re-legalizing bull slaughter !! NaMo has good selective memory :rotfl: :mrgreen: . Well, politics is politics -- ganda hei per dhandha hei ye. But I request all BRites not be so selective. So if you anti-cow-laughter, I request all to throw curses on BJP CM Manohar Parikker in whatever language you think is parliamentary for such cases.
ramana: Sibal and Shekar Gupta have slaughter houses in Delhi to export meat. The new Karnataka CM removed the ban on cow slaughter.
And Manohar Parikker re-legalized bull slaughter in Goa. He is against cow slaughter, but legalizing bull slaughter makes cow slaughter possible and rampant.
brihaspati wrote:A disturbing trend. Maybe increase pork production as competing or substitute. Does NM say anything on the meat industry?
NaMo had opposed subsidy to meat exports a year back. But he has NOT made any promised that meat subsidies will end when he becomes PM. Cow slaughter was banned in Gujarat since 1970, and NaMo made the law tighter and made implementation better. So cow slaughter in Gujarat is least compared to previous years and all states I hear about. But NaMo has proposed NO law-drafts to reduce buffalo slaughter or slaughter of other animals. And import of Jersey cow is legal and is rampant in Gujarat, and so is legal/illegal use of hormones on Jersey cows to increase milk production. NaMo has proposed no law-drafts to reduce import of Jersey cows. As Jersey cows arrive, desi-cows in Gujarat get slaughtered en-masse, in small muslim villages or get smuggled en-masse to MH. Many VHP activists like the methods and law-drafts I proposed to reduce cow-slaughter, and told me they will present this methods and law-drafts to BJP-apex-leaders. They longer seem very enthusiastic.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Modi's campaign schedule for the month: http://www.india272.com/events/month/
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

So,
Indian cattle(including the sacred cows) provide meat for the foreigners.
Indian gals and women become part of flesh trade. Sheikhs can do it in a legal manner.
Educated Indians who want earn money have to migrate to foreign countries and work for the foreign companies.
Otherwise, the educated Indian have to remain in India and work at the outsourced jobs by these foreign companies. Foreign companies outsource because its cheap labour.
The lesser skilled Indians have to migrate to foreign countries and take up the mean jobs. Again, cheap labour. In some foreign countries in middle-east, Indians are no more than legal slaves.

Seems to me that India and Indians are still very much in colonial or jihadhi age...In short, its neo-colonialism.

In a way, it is worse. At least, in the colonial or jihadhi age, the Indians still kept their culture and civilization intact. But today, Indians(including me) are abjectly imitating the foreigners in everyway... in every detail of life, Indians imitate foreigners, as if they have nothing of original to offer. Clothes, hair-cut, language, body-language, attitude, religions, sports, music, movies, arts, ... everything is simply imitated. It has come to a pass, where people will blindly imitate anything that foreigners do. If the foreigners make fun of Yoga, Indians do it. If the foreigners start doing Yoga, Indians also do it.

The picture emerging is of a country that has completely lost its self-confidence and self-esteem. Very abject and disgusting, if we think about it.

Pls note , I am NOT complaining against postor

Every line is off-topic. Not only whole post is unrelated to NaMo, but it is unrelated to BJP and Indian politics as well.

And if my post have even one line off-topic (like "Manohar Parikker's decision to support casino and accommodate russian/israeli/nigerian drug/sex mafia" OR "how Pepsi-owners bribed neta-babu to ensure that Dhyanchand doesnt get Bharat Ratna and Sachin gets Bharat Ratna" etc etc OR "order MPs via SMS to give SPG cover to NaMo" ), which is at least related with BJP and related with state of Indian politics, then my posts get admined.

Looks like I am more equal than others .
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

:mrgreen:

Mehta ji,
actually that post was pretty much on-topic. Why? Because the title of the thread is: Contrasting Ideas of India. Between which ideas? One idea of India espoused by Modi and another by Dynasty.

Modern India is mostly shaped by dynasty. And my post was highlighting that point. And most of the speeches by Modi also touch on these topics. I tied in my post to Modi in the last para. The entire post talks about how the dynasty has shaped India which if fundamentally no better than the India that was during the colonial or jihadhi period.

Modi is a symbol of change. Bajpayee could have done that, but didn't. I even used the exact terminology used by Modi( Jagadguru).

Most of the times, what is discussed in the thread is the election campaign or election results. Very less discussion takes place on the ideas itself. Perhaps because most of the posters here are in agreement with each other on the fact that dynasty's idea on India is deeply flawed compared to Modi's idea of India.

What you highlight about drawbacks of Modi or Lotus in general are also very informative, atleast to me. But, I don't think this is the right thread. There is another thread on BJP. You can post it there. Infact, it would be useful because all the info would be at one place and easy to read. In this fast movind thread, your posts will be lost.

----
On the sms-sending thingy:(You can reply in the appropriate thread)
If the whole idea is 'Mahathma Bhagath Singh', then what is the need for sms? Bhagath Singh didn't need any sms campaign. And moreover, when people send smses they may be lulled into a false sense of satisfaction of doing something. It would same as spinning charka or holding candlelight vigils. Totally useless!

But on the recalling idea:
I haven't gone through all the details of your idea. But, it seems to me that instituting some king of recall is the only way to improve the Indian democracy. Otherwise, the elected politicians are only loyal to themselves, their families, their castes and their parties. The people's problems don't have any consideration. And people have no way of showing that they are unhappy with their elected representatives.

And there is also a need for structuring the elections such that only a person/party that gets the simple majority can win a seat. Otherwise, caste and cash politics will continue which will keep the corrupt in power.

---------
Finally, I do appreciate your stand on Dhevalayas and Go-raksha. Thumbs Up. Keep putting pressure until they deliver. I hope that Modi comes to power(atleast for two terms) and people like you are the main opposition. :D The need is to make the kongi and leftists obsolete(and they are on their way already and hopefully after two terms of Modi, India will be kongi mukth and leftist mukth).

----
Hari Seldon wrote:Truckers sending political messages these days...
... oh, ow the mighty have fallen... to be ridiculed sarey aam...
I notice a 'secular' name, is it the owner of the truck? 8)
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Best pic of the Blr rally so far...

Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Dont understand Hindi but the title sums it up I guess.

Dont want Rahul rallies - Delhi Congress candidates _beg_ party high command
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

brihaspati wrote:12 things Modi said at Bangalore rally

Don't know- could be double meaning referring to increasing export of women and children for slavery, usually also referred to as the flesh-trade.
Bji, not doubting your claims, but would you be able to elaborate a little bit on how extensive and deep is the problem of flesh-trade. Most BRFites (numerically) would not have seen or known up-close details about this aspect of life in our society. Is this a huge number and actively encouraged by some powers in India? I was under the impression that such activities are very much under control due to the high sensitivity of police to these activities. What part of our society is the biggest victim of this? The calls for legalizing prostitution seems to suggest that a majority of the participants in this profession do it voluntarily. I was under the impression that such things in mass scale have stopped or become rare - due to the non-presence of news on this.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

prahaar wrote: Bji, not doubting your claims, but would you be able to elaborate a little bit on how extensive and deep is the problem of flesh-trade. Most BRFites (numerically) would not have seen or known up-close details about this aspect of life in our society. Is this a huge number and actively encouraged by some powers in India? I was under the impression that such activities are very much under control due to the high sensitivity of police to these activities. What part of our society is the biggest victim of this? The calls for legalizing prostitution seems to suggest that a majority of the participants in this profession do it voluntarily. I was under the impression that such things in mass scale have stopped or become rare - due to the non-presence of news on this.
OT for this thread,

Human trafficking in India is a huge problem. Effecting both men and women. Ever year, thousands of women & are sold into Prostitution & Slavery. Mostly from the economically weaker parts of the country. Along with import's from Nepal & BD.

The annual report of the Woman & Child welfare dept GOI will give you an accurate picture.

Annual Report WCD 2013 Warning, that it is a 56 MB file.

The magnitude of the problem is such that a Chaiwala I know, on an intimate basis, went into depression because of the utter helplessness of the situation, he faced.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Modi tearing at COngress Guna rally..just awesome folks..!!! :D

http://www.india272.com/live/
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Cosmo_R wrote:

Mistranslation of 'pink'
+1 about brain drain and unskilled labor.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Gus wrote:
the proper version is

seethaikku raman sithappannaan.

get to the point. what is it about BSY that you feel BJP has to treat him as untouchable?

this is not the first time you are poking into this subject..
I know the right version Saar, I had to change it here to,suit the occasion. He is corrupt and most importantly back stabbed BJP big time. And you ask the reasons? Hence the change in pazhamozhi.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Tarek Fatah ‏@TarekFatah
This waiter who backs Modi and the BJP, explained to me why he thought 'Namo' will turn things around for India.

Last edited by vivek.rao on 18 Nov 2013 18:06, edited 1 time in total.