Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

member_28025
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by member_28025 »

fanne wrote:On same note can we stop some posters that come and cast apprehension on Namo at BR? He has not had a day in office and saying that he is MNC wallah etc is simply beyond stupid, it is malice. Even though I have said gentlemen on ignore, other people do quote him. Let BR not serve as a platform for anti India PM (and I have called MMS names), when he has done nothing, either good or bad.
I don't like it either, but I am also for freedom of expression. They are free to speak and we are free to respond or ignore.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Salman Khurshid in TV studios tonight: What's the big deal, even Sonia ma'am can get emotional, she wept on Batla
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

RajeshA wrote:
fanne wrote:who are other two?
Shinzo Abe's followers

One is Akie Abe: Japan's First Lady, Shinzo Abe's wife.
The other I can't say!
Naoki Inose is a well known historian, journalist & ex-governor of Tokyo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naoki_Inose
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

in the CWC meetings,
Rahul looks like a errant schoolkid forced to sit at the table by a fed up mother and made to write his homework
Sonia looks small and diminished.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

JE Menon wrote:guys, don't lets become like the bloody tv channels now... if LKA says something, find some sort of way to spin it so it looks like it's against Modi, or if Jaitley says something or if Sushma says something... See the history of these men. These are men of substance, not trivial minded people. These are leaders thrown up out of the forge that is Indian politics. Please, don't go in the direction of tabloid.
+1
Timely reminder.

I hope BRF gurus will start thinking of ways to raise BRF to a new level of substantial contribution to the parivartan. There is so much talent and passion here.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://www.gulte.com/news/27184/JUST-IN ... LUNCH-talk
Chandrababu Naidu: "Prime Miniter - Waiting! Not only we, entire country is waiting! That's the situation Today. Narendra Modi ji! I am very happy to say every common man through the country is celebrating what we are celebrating here - The victory of NDA and also BJP!".

"I don't have any words to express how much work Narendra Modi has done. I have seen personally! One day, We started with the darshan of Venkateswara Swamy at around 8.30-9 am in Kalahasti. The same day, he addressed 5 public meetings in Seemandhra without taking any food. Finally at one meeting, Narendra Modi asked Venkaiah Naidu why can't you arrange some tea for me. That is how he works! It is really a commendable hardwork in Democracy. I have seen so many leaders but his determination and enthusiasm is extraordinary. When I asked him why don't you have lunch first, He replied 'I have to complete my work first, then only lunch or dinner'. In one meeting in Visakhapatnam, there was heavy rain but he still addressed a rally. That is his commitment! Country is waiting for his leadership. People are fed up with Congress party, corruption, inefficiency and non-governance. I very confident that Country will have a bright future under his leadership."

"India should be No.1 in the World. There may be several developed countries, but real competition is with USA and China. I am confident Narendra Modi will do it! On behalf of Telugu Desam Party, We extend our complete cooperation to Narendra Modi in cleaning the country and also developing the Nation. Not only one swearing-in ceremony, we have to do many more like this under his leadership! Again in 2019, Narendra Modi will be the prime minister, many more times he will be the prime minister. That is our wish...That is our desire...That is the desire of the Nation!"
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

I do hope NaMo makes Teen Murti Bhavan address into a sort of a White House, and throws all the Nehru photos out. I also hope that NaMo makes Sonia Gandhi move out of 10 Janpath. Since she is President of the Congress Party and an elected MP, she would get a place she deserves, but forcing her out into a different place, even one that is comparable, would be good!

"The Empress" must be shown that she is not one!
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

vivek.rao wrote:http://www.gulte.com/news/27184/JUST-IN ... LUNCH-talk
The same day, he addressed 5 public meetings in Seemandhra without taking any food :cry: . Finally at one meeting, Narendra Modi asked Venkaiah Naidu why can't you arrange some tea for me. That is how he works!
He is real majdoor number 1 of the nation.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

RajeshA wrote:I do hope NaMo makes Teen Murti Bhavan address into a sort of a White House, and throws all the Nehru photos out. I also hope that NaMo makes Sonia Gandhi move out of 10 Janpath. Since she is President of the Congress Party and an elected MP, she would get a place she deserves, but forcing her out into a different place, even one that is comparable, would be good!

"The Empress" must be shown that she is not one!
+1^x
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Vijay ‏@centerofright 10m

WoW - As per reports in rediff - SoniaG would be getting a 5th row in the opposition benches as per seating arrangements being made
FakeJourno ‏@FakeJourno 5m

@centerofright She was given 4-5th row seat for the first time by Rashtrapati Bhavan in UPA-1 too. Baru got that changed. #AccidentalPM
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Massive SPG deployed in Ahmedabad before Modi arrival, bomb squad and dogs sanitize , even his MLAs, ministers can't meet him easily, (India TV)
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Shamlee wrote:Team Modi proposes 60 flyovers to decongest Varanasi

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 359167.cms

How much time do you think this could take?
Three years max if contract is given to company like larsen toubro ECC const group
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

RajeshA wrote:Question: Is NaMo India's PM already after getting that letter from President, or would he become PM only after he has been sworn in?
Protocol in place. he is PM for all practical purposes.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Murugan wrote:

Three years max if contract is given to company like larsen toubro ECC const group

That means during my 2018 visit I can visit Varanasi. Not for religious reasons but just to see the fruits of NaMo's hard work. Next Jan-Feb, I am planning a visit to Gujarat.
Last edited by member_28025 on 20 May 2014 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

He is officially a PM now and now has to introduce his team
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

humble mumble maun ji bowing to arrow-gant ignore-rant ridiculing #PMO is simply un-saik-able!
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I counted at least three people who had tears in that hall watching the speech. Ravi Shankar Prasad was one, and I don't know the other people. I am sure the camera would not have captured other tears. Fascinating.
Last edited by SwamyG on 20 May 2014 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Shamlee tai,

Gadkari built 55-60 flyovers in Mumbai within 2.5 years in 1994. Now technology quite advanced. Modular building in place now a days. Pre-built pieces are brought and assembled like lego.

There will be massive pain for Varanasi people for 2.5, 3 years but after that, it will be like Mumbai of 1997.

Gadkari single-handedly changed the road-infrastructure of MH within 4 years. I cry for my people for throwing out NDA and bringing in good-for-nothing UPA for past 15 years. If Gadkari is made urban development minister along with PWD minister, he can work wonders. That is the only good thing that people remember of NDA rule in MH from 1994-1999.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Atri wrote:
Shamlee wrote: Gadkari single-handedly changed the road-infrastructure of MH within 4 years. I cry for my people for throwing out NDA and bringing in good-for-nothing UPA for past 15 years. If Gadkari is made urban development minister along with PWD minister, he can work wonders. That is the only good thing that people remember of NDA rule in MH from 1994-1999.
Heard it a few times during my visits to Mumbai and Pune. Even heard that ABV's golden quadrilateral was the brainchild of Gadkari. Unfortunately, don't think he gets any the credit.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Atri wrote:

Shamlee tai,

Gadkari built 55-60 flyovers in Mumbai within 2.5 years in 1994. Now technology quite advanced. Modular building in place now a days. Pre-built pieces are brought and assembled like lego.

There will be massive pain for Varanasi people for 2.5, 3 years but after that, it will be like Mumbai of 1997.

Gadkari single-handedly changed the road-infrastructure of MH within 4 years. I cry for my people for throwing out NDA and bringing in good-for-nothing UPA for past 15 years. If Gadkari is made urban development minister along with PWD minister, he can work wonders. That is the only good thing that people remember of NDA rule in MH from 1994-1999.
Tumchya tondat sakhar pado (Translation: aap ke mooh mein (ghee) shakkar). Atribhau thanks for referring to me as Tai. You remind me of my younger brother, who although doesn't call me Tai, but has the same view as you concerning Gadkari.

One question. If Varanasi in 2017 will be like Mumbai of 1997 how is it now?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Its bad. Really bad. My close buddy is frm there.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Singha wrote:Its bad. Really bad. My close buddy is frm there.
This is unacceptable. MM Joshi was the MP from Varanasi and didn't do anything nor did the Municipality which apparently is run by BJP.
Last edited by member_28025 on 20 May 2014 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Varanasi roads presently are terrible like some giant village.The difference between BHU and the rest of Varanasi is striking. Get one good rain and you should see how it becomes.Bangalore on a rainy day though wants to compete !!
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

pandyan wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:http://www.gulte.com/news/27184/JUST-IN ... LUNCH-talk

The same day, he addressed 5 public meetings in Seemandhra without taking any food :cry: . Finally at one meeting, Narendra Modi asked Venkaiah Naidu why can't you arrange some tea for me. That is how he works!
It is responsibility of the meeting organizers to ensure that key people are given proper nourishment and food. It is pathetic that people didnt even bother to offer him something to drink/eat. Health is important. This is not the first time I am hearing about it...lot of leaders go without eating anything and usually go home hungry and catch up..
I agree. I don't want him to get ulcers with these kind of things.

If I were BJP leaders, I would cook home made meals and deliver him
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Rahul M wrote: yes. local BJP workers were very impressed by his reading of political pulse.

Should he be CM candidate in 2016? Or is it too early? We need a face in WB. The current crop except Rahul Sinha will not cut it
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

vivek.rao wrote: If I were BJP leaders, I would cook home made meals and deliver him
Thats how it is done all the time saar...
You should read some of the political autobiographis to understand how common these guys live..
I remember reading/listening a state minister cooking for the people when she visited another town and the host had to leave on some personal emergency...
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

may not be CM candidate but an important one nonetheless.
Darjeeling MP SS Alhuwalia himself is supposed to be a very good speaker with a fine sense of humour. he is also fluent in bangla.

Babul supriyo is very unlike other artist-politicians. he made a promise he wont sing during campaigning as a means to raise popularity and he didn't ! he takes his job seriously. easily holds his own against other political heavy weights in TV talk shows.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Atri wrote:Gadkari built 55-60 flyovers in Mumbai within 2.5 years in 1994.
I thought it was will power of SS (especially BT) to give back something to Mumbai which voted them for so many years. This and Mumbai-Pune expressway was his dream which he pushed on priority as soon as they came into power.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Most of up towns r like giant villages. There is usually a posh civil lines area and rest is bad.
same was scene in kanpur vs iit campus. Heaven nd hell diff.
but the narrowest streets in decent sized towns I seen yet r sarjapur and anekal near blr.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Really? Sarjapur ain't so bad, except the potholes have some roads in them.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Atri wrote:

Shamlee tai,

Bingo, prefab construction has reduced construction time sharply. Even residents wont have so much pain as most of Varanasi would like better infrastructure as their livelihood depends on tourism and being a trade hub of eastern UP. Many people will get jobs and they will welcome it.

Modi is going to usher in power generation and hard infrastructure unprecedented in India's history. The key is to ensure large scale employment generation through these projects
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

If suddenly your student achieves something that you wanted to achieve all your life, there is going to be some bitterness in teacher. Ultimately, the teacher will learn to rise above it but it will take time.

I think Modi understand this and therefore, tolerates it and continues to respect him.
Good analogy Johnee Garu. Sums it up well.

On flyovers: 60 flyovers can be built in 6 months if land is acquired, building blocks in place, funds available. But planning for them may take 3 months; acquisitions another 3 months if all clear; procuring etc another 3; building 6. So the fastest i can envisage is 1.5 years. But development pace also depends upon how fast decision making processes are. With Nehruvian institutional bureaucracy seeped so deep, it would be a great step if Modi identifies the blocks and clears them. I think he just started that in his recent instructions to bureacrats asking what impeded them last 5 years and how they intend to implement programs next 5. IMHO we are going to experience a blitzkreig next 5 years. This is going to be a very interesting term. Possibly the best term in the last 70 years.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

muraliravi wrote:Bingo, prefab construction has reduced construction time sharply. Even residents wont have so much pain as most of Varanasi would like better infrastructure as their livelihood depends on tourism and being a trade hub of eastern UP. Many people will get jobs and they will welcome it.

Modi is going to usher in power generation and hard infrastructure unprecedented in India's history. The key is to ensure large scale employment generation through these projects
All this talk makes me really wonder, if all this is so feasible, why was it not done earlier?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

prefab is much more robust, but much more expensive setup.. it breakevens only on economies of scale!

for example, I could have prefab block to go thru some 20Ton pressure, which can't be done at construction site.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Singha wrote:Most of up towns r like giant villages. There is usually a posh civil lines area and rest is bad.
same was scene in kanpur vs iit campus. Heaven nd hell diff.
but the narrowest streets in decent sized towns I seen yet r sarjapur and anekal near blr.
That is something consistent that I saw in UP and also Nepal - the typical unplastered brick houses lining narrow roads but Varanasi takes the cake with narrow lanes - going to the Kashi Vishwanatha temple is an experience. At places two fat blokes cannot pass by straight ! (really). :rotfl: The Doctor in me was wondering how the hell will people escape if there is a fire and I was looking at an escape route throughout my visit in the gullies there. Made me a bit claustrophobic/paranoid in a way. The city in a way is a time warp. It is also very very dirty - needs a big and massive cleanup. Some areas are beautiful - BHU and some of the newer extensions but the old city is Chandni chowk (Delhi) meets Nagarthpet/Cubbonpet(Bangalore) with narrower streets rolled into one !

In fact I think the approach to the Ganga needs to be widened or a big flyover to the ghats is required.Try reaching ssi ghat - a buit better but the road to reach Dashashwamedh ghat - terrible and the road to take bodies to Manikarnika ghat does not allow any form of transportation except carts.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

prahaar wrote:
muraliravi wrote:Bingo, prefab construction has reduced construction time sharply. Even residents wont have so much pain as most of Varanasi would like better infrastructure as their livelihood depends on tourism and being a trade hub of eastern UP. Many people will get jobs and they will welcome it.

All this talk makes me really wonder, if all this is so feasible, why was it not done earlier?
Inertia and I believe local non support to change the status quo for eg the Dom Raja's vehemently opposed setting up of electric crematoria and the Ganga clean up project was an excuse to siphon money.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Institutionalization of Nehruvian bureaucratic controls. Files pushed endlessly, land acquisition made tough, cuts and commissions bottom to top culture make projects time consuming, too slow, and too expensive.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

prahaar wrote:
Simple answer: keeping the country poor is profitable to some(phoreners and natives).

Harbans saar,
:)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

japan must be very good at big infra projects in crowded infra areas. their disaster response infra and teams are also well provisioned.