Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Pranav
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Pranav »

disha wrote:
Pranav wrote: Do you have a reliable source for this? 6% of India would be like the entire state of Punjab, e.g.
You shocked? I am shocked that you are shocked :shock:

An a different note - in B'Glore - check out Bowring "institute" on prime MG Road. http://www.bowringinstitute.com/facilities.htm.

Ask them how much property tax they pay in a year. Zero - nada - (for proof old article: http://archive.deccanherald.com/Deccanh ... 05/s24.asp).

And try to get a membership in there!

Now any government which tries to tax them loses election and several of the members have an affiliation which is pro-C system and anti "hindutva" system. Feel free to prove me wrong., I will be delighted.

BTW, above is an example. Another one is http://www.secunderabadclub.org/pages/t ... -types.php (at least you are eligible, membership is not granted on eligibility!). One of this days all BRFites from Hyd/Sec should apply in there (en masse) and see their reactions.

Another one Madras presidency (http://www.thepresidencyclub.com/membership.asp).

Their property tax itself will be in several 1000 crores! That is the C-System which is working for CONgis.
No doubt the Church does own prime plots in many cities.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

top govt officials and ministers are always given priority membership in these clubs either for free or at nominal rates.

its the same all over india - blr has the bowring, blr club, kmangala club, inagar club, century club as these islands of priviledge. delhi has many such hangouts like IHC, IIC, gymkhana club.....

one thing they do is also make sure to get journalists & writer buddhijibis into the mix...to keep them quiet and on the payroll

I am sure the B- and C- team of the congis like the D4 also get priority allotment....

so socially conscious ministers cook up this 30kg rice at Rs1 scheme to feed biryani to poor muslims , while hobnobbing in the shady verandahs of the Blr or century club opp the vidhana soudha maybe... :D
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Singha wrote:top govt officials and ministers are always given priority membership in these clubs either for free or at nominal rates.

its the same all over india - blr has the bowring, blr club, kmangala club, inagar club, century club as these islands of priviledge. delhi has many such hangouts like IHC, IIC, gymkhana club.....

one thing they do is also make sure to get journalists & writer buddhijibis into the mix...to keep them quiet and on the payroll

I am sure the B- and C- team of the congis like the D4 also get priority allotment....
Actually there are several layers of these clubs. It is a pyramidal structure. The inner and higher levels recruit from the outer layers. For example, The Lions and Rotary Clubs may be innocuous, but are nevertheless good pools for Freemasons to recruit from. As individuals enter the inner layers, they are progressively compromised and rewarded. The Church is a part of this system, which has international links. Religion is, of course, only an excuse to gather useful idiots and exercise political influence.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Theo saab's words have been an eye-opener for me.

I never realized that the xtians hold so much contempt for dharmics even in India. The EJ venom seems to be firmly entrenched.
I do wonder how people can disown the heritage of their ancestors, knowing very well that the people who peddle it where slave owners not too long ago.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

rotary and lions have a huge pool of self employed successful people - SME owners, doctors, lawyers, architects, CAs people who by nature of work tend to have lot of contacts among their own trade and other influential clients. in tier2 and tier3 places where gymkhana type clubs dont exist, these do exist and act as networking hubs.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Singha wrote:rotary and lions have a huge pool of self employed successful people - SME owners, doctors, lawyers, architects, CAs people who by nature of work tend to have lot of contacts among their own trade and other influential clients. in tier2 and tier3 places where gymkhana type clubs dont exist, these do exist and act as networking hubs.
Not denying that, these are in general fairly innocuous organizations, despite their international links. Even in the Church, the power politics happens at the higher levels. The ordinary parishioners would be quite sincere about Jesus etc, whereas decisions about issues like Kudankulam would be taken in foreign locations.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

but the unit leaders of such agitations Col/Lt Col/Major levels are local..very committed folks

the higher strategic direction of war at GHQ level for abrahamic religions is ofcourse centered around rome , london, southern US, makkah, riyadh....
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Looks like the discussion is flying off on another tangent. BTW, did Yeddy & Co turn up during yesterday's swearing in ceremony? ;). Did not notice any thing in news papers. BJP folks I guess kept out of this. Yeddy reminds me of a Malayalam saying kaaryam kazhinjal kari veppila (once the use of you is completed, you get discarded like a curry leaf).
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

http://kannada.oneindia.in/news/2013/05/14/karnataka-siddaramaiah-not-to-contest-polls-to-present-new-budget-073988.html
ಚುನಾವಣೆ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆ ಕೆಟ್ಟುಹೋಗಿದೆ. ಹಣದ ಪ್ರಭಾವ, ಜಾತಿ ಪ್ರಭಾವ ಹೆಚ್ಚಾಗಿ ಹೋಗಿದೆ. ನಾನೂ ಪ್ರಮಾಣಿಕನಲ್ಲ, ಈಗಿನ ಚುನಾವಣೆಗಾಗಿ ಹಣ ಖರ್ಚು ಮಾಡಲೇಬೇಕಾಗುತ್ತದೆ.ಇವತ್ತು ಮಹಾತ್ಮ ಗಾಂಧಿ ಚುನಾವಣೆಗೆ ನಿಂತರೆ ಅವರಿಗೂ 5-6 ಕೋಟಿ ರೂ. ಬೇಕಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಚುನಾವಣೆ ಎಂದರೆ ಕೋಟ್ಯಂತರ ರೂ. ಲೆಕ್ಕಾಚಾರವಾಗಿದೆ
This is the statement of new KA CM, Siddaramaiah. He seems to be honest at least telling there is rot in the election system. He is telling this is last elections.

Rough translation: The process of elections have spoiled. The money power and caste factor have increased. Me too not a moralist. Now days we have to spend money for elections. Even If Mahatma Gandhi stands for elections, he too needs to spend around 5-6 crore. Elections means spending crores.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Rudradev wrote: Not big words. Big numbers. 6% of India's land is owned by Church. Church owns more Indian land than anyone else except GOI.

Pranav wrote:Do you have a reliable source for this? 6% of India would be like the entire state of Punjab, e.g.
disha wrote:You shocked? I am shocked that you are shocked :shock:

An a different note - in B'Glore - check out Bowring "institute" on prime MG Road. http://www.bowringinstitute.com/facilities.htm.

Ask them how much property tax they pay in a year. Zero - nada - (for proof old article: http://archive.deccanherald.com/Deccanh ... 05/s24.asp).

And try to get a membership in there!

Now any government which tries to tax them loses election and several of the members have an affiliation which is pro-C system and anti "hindutva" system. Feel free to prove me wrong., I will be delighted.

BTW, above is an example. Another one is http://www.secunderabadclub.org/pages/t ... -types.php (at least you are eligible, membership is not granted on eligibility!). One of this days all BRFites from Hyd/Sec should apply in there (en masse) and see their reactions.

Another one Madras presidency (http://www.thepresidencyclub.com/membership.asp).

Their property tax itself will be in several 1000 crores! That is the C-System which is working for CONgis.

Pranav ji, there is a reason why people of certain temperament will not come on to this thread.

Here is some data on Receipt of Foreign Contribution aka Foreign donations to Indian NGOs. Around INR 81000 Crore in last 10 years

Financial Year & Amount in Rs. Cr.

2001-02 = Rs. 4871.9 Crores
2002-03 = Rs. 5046.5 Crores
2003-04 = Rs. 5105.5 Crores
2004-05 = Rs. 6256.68 Crores
2005-06 = Rs. 7877.57 Crores
2006-07 = Rs. 11007.43 Crores
2007-08 = Rs. 9663.46 Crores
2008-09 = Rs. 10802.67 Crores
2009-10 = Rs. 10337.59 Crores
2010-11 = Rs. 10334.12 Crores

Page 19 of attached file "Receipt and Utilization of Foreign Contribution by Voluntary Associations - Annual Report - 2010-11
http://mha.nic.in/fcra/annual/ar2010-11.pdf

And that is why a few of the guys here keep dissuading you on certain other matters. The fire is here. So here is where you fire fighting efforts are required.
Last edited by member_20317 on 14 May 2013 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

I'm still waiting to see this 6% claim. Truly am curious.
Now that is a true base for world domination..... ...run, hide shiver in dhoti's all yee...
---------------------------------

BTW.
Bowring Institute was founded in 1868 by B.L.Rice CIE, Director of Public Instruction, Mysore and author of the Mysore Gazette and other works on Mysore State and not L.B.Bowring after whom it was named. Rice was the founder president, who with a group of philanthropists like P.N.Krishnamurthi esq, B.L.Jagirdar of Yelandur and Rao Bahadur A Narainswamy Mudaliar started the Bangalore Literary and Scientific Institute
I didn't have the heart to go on. Its all quite tragic really. I think all english speakers and rich folks are being confused with christians. Talk about forced conversions.....
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Pranav wrote:
Singha wrote:top govt officials and ministers are always given priority membership in these clubs either for free or at nominal rates.

Actually there are several layers of these clubs. It is a pyramidal structure. The inner and higher levels recruit from the outer layers. For example, The Lions and Rotary Clubs may be innocuous, but are nevertheless good pools for Freemasons to recruit from. As individuals enter the inner layers, they are progressively compromised and rewarded. The Church is a part of this system, which has international links. Religion is, of course, only an excuse to gather useful idiots and exercise political influence.
Do you have a reliable source for this? Perhaps, you could post it in appropriate thread.

The theory given by you seems to diminish the role of X-ist institutes. It maybe possible that this theory was invented and perpetuated to absolve X-ist institutes.

Such conspiracy theories, generally, find much favor among the X-ist faithfools because they blame everything that is perceived as negative(like recession, highprofile murders, terror attacks, communism, nazism, ...etc) on 'freemasons', jews(zionists), 'satanists', and so on. These theories try to diminish the role of Watikan by blaming everyone else. It is better to be circumspect in believing such theories.

Watikan is pumping millions of dollars for harvesting. X-ist institutions seek to own the media to spread their propagandu. Of course, it is like an investment. Sooner than later, they will try to and make profits on their investment. And the profits can come to them only by impoverishing and enslaving the natives. Otherwise, the supremacy of whites will be dismantled.

The very same phenomenon is happening from the middle-east.
----
In case of Nithyananda:
I think he should have been clear about what he was and what he was not. Is he a sanyasi? Or is a tantrik?

By wearing the Kashaya(Bhagwa/Saffron), he gave an impression that he was a sanyasi(fake one or real one). A sanyasi is prohibited from sex. So, by wearing saffron and giving an impression that he was a sanyasi was the reason his detractors could convince the larger hindu audience by leaking his private moments.

On the other hand, if he had been clear that he was not a Sanyasi and might even engage in vamachara(considered heretic in mainstream hinduism) tantrik activities including sex, then may be he would not have got such bad rep among hindus.

Of course, it is well-known that anything and anyone connected to Hinduism is in the crosshairs and will be targeted for real or perceived faults. Even while, there is a conspicuous silence when it comes to abrahan cults.

Infact, the agenda is to equate Hinduism to a superstition. They seek to portray Hinduism as nothing more that superstition. They carefully avoid any such exposure of abrahan cults. This careful portrayal has given rise to interesting trend: many non-X-ist people in desh actually believe that abrahan cults(particularly X-ism) does not believe in 'superstitutions'.

What does superstitution mean?
For example, supersitution can mean ghosts. Many hindus, after being constantly exposed to MSM propaganda, think that X-ists do not believe in ghosts! :rotfl: Or other such superstitions.

It is a supreme irony because, initially, X-ists used to be called by the Greeks as narrow-minded superstitious idiots. Even today, in west, X-ists are looked at as silly and superstitious. But, in desh, they are given an aura being 'progressive' and 'liberal'.

From the brits times, EJs have been trying to claim the successes of west as successes of their theology. They hide the fact that west started progressing only after it started giving up that theology. And theology had desperately opposed the scientific development. When the theology had reigned supreme for atleast 700 years, Europe was in dark ages. And to impose such superstitions, the knowledge was complete removed from public domain. Ignorance was deliberately perpetuated. Libraries were burnt. Any moderately intelligent or educated person(particularly women) were persecuted on one pretext or the other.

Dark ages started to end when Europe was exposed to oriental ideas through the jihadis. Finally, Europe was enlightened when they where directly in contact with oriental. Europe had to wage a long struggle against the X-ist ideology to obtain freedom from most silly superstitions imposed by it on the society. It is in this background that most of the present Europe(and White America) must be viewed. Ideas and concepts like liberalism, or feminism, or science being atheistic, or secularism were developed to combat the superstitious and narrow-minded theology.

But, in desh, most of these concepts have no relevance. For example, science was never seen as an antonym to religion in desh. Particularly, in Hinduism, knowledge and religion went hand in hand. At least, in case of buddhism, one can claim that perhaps the war-sciences were neglected(or even actively sought to be discouraged). But, there is no such thing in case of Hinduism.

So applying these Europe centric(particularly in the backdrop of the X-ist antics) concepts to desh is a great mistake.

Even in Europe, these concepts themselves take extremist positions. Perhaps, it is done to counter the X-ist extremism. But, most often, they end up being clones of X-ism. For example, communism. Communism is very much similar to X-ism with omission of god, godson, eternal heaven/hell and sin. Same thing applies to other such concepts and ideas which originated in Europe(or White US).

In short, they are unable to break through the mental-framework that X-ism has enforced on them. Even when they create a new cult, it ends up being very similar in essential thought process to that of X-ism. This is happening because X-ism had eliminated all the alternatives. So, there is no alternative idea from which inspiration can be taken.

It is precisely here that the importance of Indic religions lies. Indic religions are perhaps the only alternate model to the Abrahan cults. And are the last resort to all those who want to break free from the abrahan model of thinking. It was not at all coincidence that the grip of watikan started weakening as mango people of the Europe(and White US) were exposed to the Indic philosophies.

I think the only ideologies that are still capable of mounting intellectual, philosophical and social challenge to abrahan model are Indic ones(particularly Hinduism). arbahan models have always relied on eliminating their opposition rather than defeating them. And generally, they try to eliminate the opposition by warming up to the people in power(or by installing their people in power) and/or by deception. When they are in powerful position, they resort to direct action. When are in a weak position, they resort to deception. The same model is being implemented in desh.
johneeG wrote: Kongis have learned to divide the opponents(by putting up manchurian candidates) from the old masters brits(west). They are still following the same model that brits followed before 1947. Actually, Kongis are continuing the brit system.

The only thing that needs to be done is to reform the elections such that
a) voting is made compulsory
b) option to choose none of the candidates
c) only a candidate who has secured 51% votes wins(otherwise, the re-election among the 3 leading candidates with an option to choose none of the candidates)
d) if none of the candidates secures highest percentage by a large margin, then re-election with new candidates.

Such a system would invalidate all the games played by kongis like cash, creed and castes.

Otherwise, all that Kongis need to do is:
a) appease the 'minority' by pampering some mullahs or parties like MIM.
b) pamper some caste/section within the Hindus.
c) Divide the rest of the votes by setting up dummy or manchurian candidates.

It is like a student needs to secure just pass marks and he is allowed to cheat. Even then, if the student fails, then imagine how useless the student must be. The same is the situation with kongis.

I, for one, am hopeful of change. I think people will punish this utterly rubbish governance and brazen corruption and imbecility. I mean people don't even have to be intelligent or politically savvy or any of that. They just need to vote on the basis of super-duper inflation(price rise) of all commodities and utter failure on all fronts. I don't see any saving grace for this regime. So, I don't see on what basis any section will re-vote for this regime. I think the only people who are still sticking with the Kongis are the 'minority' and those with vested interests. I think the aam aadmi has turned against the kongis and will vote with a rage against the kongis. I mean the standard of living of people is being seriously hurt by the policies of the people.... like the frequent increases in the prices of petrol, the removing of subsidies for gas cylinders, the stagnation of growth, failure in curbing the islamic terrorism, ...etc.

The question is can the opposition parties make use of this situation and come to power.

It is not at all inconceivable that Kongis have manchurian candidates within the opposition parties who will try to disrupt the chances of their own party. Hopefully, such people will fail.

It seems to me that the Kongi system had bankrupted the nation by 1990s. It was PVNR and NDA regime which revived the country's prospects. Immediately, the Kongis come back and start leeching off it. Country needs to be rid of this kongis for at least another 20 years to be set right...
Link to original post
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

if we look at this list of 15 largest landowners in the world and subtract the kings who nominally own all the country we are left with
ted turner, irving brothers, roman catholic pope .. 177 mil acres == 716293 sq km. area of punjab = 50,000 sq km.
so an area the size of 14 punjabs is under direct ownership worldwide.
area of india is 3.2 mil sq km.....so around 25% of india on a worldwide basis...larger than most countries.

then you add in various protestant sects, the eastern orthodoxy....roman catholics are old ... its the new denomination protestant churches fed by american money whose assets are probably very hard to track and sum up, because they do not report a single point of contact and operate loosely on their own....

excerpt:
Land: The 110 acres of The Holy See that constitute Vatican City. Also, roughly 177 million more acreage of various lands owned by the Catholic Church throughout the globe, including the hundreds of Vatican embassies that are legally titled to The Holy See as an independent nation.
Acreage estimates provided by The New Statesman.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/worlds-b ... z2TEyViT2c
Last edited by Singha on 14 May 2013 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

VikramS wrote:I never realized that the xtians hold so much contempt for dharmics even in India. The EJ venom seems to be firmly entrenched.
Once you get addicted to monotheistic fundamentalism, you cannot let go. It is a very powerful drug. Try reforming Taliban. The easiest solution is to not allow these ideologies to spread in polytheistic lands otherwise there is hell to pay later.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Theo_Fidel wrote:I'm still waiting to see this 6% claim. Truly am curious.

<sniped>

I didn't have the heart to go on. Its all quite tragic really. I think all english speakers and rich folks are being confused with christians. Talk about forced conversions.....

Theo ji, while I do not agree with you on just about anything on this matter but yes I too would like to see the 6% claim considering the figure gives no indication of it being a value or area reference or FSI reference. I do not have a copy of 'Breaking India' so I cannot confirm or deny it. However being in the business, I would not find some big figure unbelievable esp. if it is in FSI value terms. The business is such that revenue records cannot be believed straightaway and some amount of due diligence is required.

However a quick google reveals large number of land grab cases where church is a victim often by church officials.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1287129/r ... -land-scam
The enquiry was initiated by Patil after the chairman and managing director of BDTA Ltd (PTR E-923), Ashok D Sonule, filed a complaint with the state law minister on November 16, 2004.

Presenting substantial documentary evidence and pursuing his case doggedly, Sonule not only accused the BDTA Pvt Ltd (the bogus namesake of BDTA Ltd) of committing fraud and forgery to illegally grab and sell church lands. He also accused the Charity
Commissioner's office in Mumbai of being "always favourable to the bogus trustee".

Speaking to DNA, Sonule said he had obtained a copy of the report on July 21 with great difficulty after moving an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
"This fraud has been going on for 46 years and is easily twice the size of the Telgi stamp paper scam. A number of top politicians are involved in this scam. I have been fighting for justice for the last 30 years," he said.

Church properties sold illegally

According to schedule I of the VR Patil report, the following were among the properties, or parts thereof, that were sold illegally by the bogus trust.

* Pune, Erandwane: St. Crispin's Church; 99-yr lease in favour of Sharada Erectors.
* Pune, Shankarseth Road: Society of St. John the Evangelist; 3,391 sq.ft at Gultekdi
* Pune, Shankarseth Road: Society of St. John the Evangelist; 6 acres of land adjoining Shankarseth Road
* Panvel: Development of property of St. Francis Church, Opp. ST Stand.
* Udaipur: 20 properties along National Highway No 8
* Ahmedabad: 1.08 lakh sq.ft, Survey No. 6686, Shahpur-II, Mirzapur Road

If the fraud size is this big I suppose you can form a fair guesstimate of what is the bulk of asset involved.

Also

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1193312/r ... being-sold
The story so far: Churches in India hold vast lands worth several lakh crores of rupees. These lands are managed by more than 200 trusts and associations of the Church of North India. Some of these lands, particularly in Mumbai, are being sold to favoured private developers. Angry church activists say these deals are fraudulent because the lands are owned by the government and the trusts are merely custodians.

<sniped>

Over 5,000 such civil suits related to church lands are being fought in courts across the country. The matters involve properties worth several lakh crores of rupees held by 200 trusts like the BDTA, some of which, according to police investigators, have used forged documents and manipulated records to seek official sanction for land sales.
Last edited by member_20317 on 14 May 2013 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

johneeG wrote:
Pranav wrote: Actually there are several layers of these clubs. It is a pyramidal structure. The inner and higher levels recruit from the outer layers. For example, The Lions and Rotary Clubs may be innocuous, but are nevertheless good pools for Freemasons to recruit from. As individuals enter the inner layers, they are progressively compromised and rewarded. The Church is a part of this system, which has international links. Religion is, of course, only an excuse to gather useful idiots and exercise political influence.
Do you have a reliable source for this? Perhaps, you could post it in appropriate thread.

The theory given by you seems to diminish the role of X-ist institutes. It maybe possible that this theory was invented and perpetuated to absolve X-ist institutes.

Such conspiracy theories, generally, find much favor among the X-ist faithfools because they blame everything that is perceived as negative(like recession, highprofile murders, terror attacks, communism, nazism, ...etc) on 'freemasons', jews(zionists), 'satanists', and so on. These theories try to diminish the role of Watikan by blaming everyone else. It is better to be circumspect in believing such theories.

Watikan is pumping millions of dollars for harvesting. X-ist institutions seek to own the media to spread their propagandu. Of course, it is like an investment. Sooner than later, they will try to and make profits on their investment. And the profits can come to them only by impoverishing and enslaving the natives. Otherwise, the supremacy of whites will be dismantled.

The very same phenomenon is happening from the middle-east.
replied here - http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 9#p1456549
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Theo_Fidel wrote: I didn't have the heart to go on. Its all quite tragic really. I think all english speakers and rich folks are being confused with christians. Talk about forced conversions.....
Theo ji, organized Abrahamic religions are mostly about political influence and control. This has nothing to do with ordinary Christians. In fact, traditional Christians in the west are, in some ways, victims of this system. Anyway, this is getting OT for the thread, will try to refrain.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

shaardula wrote:kiran,
the logic is very simple. siddu went after udupi matha. not dharmasthala. why? think about it.
for those not familiar, dharmasthala is a shiva temple established by the founder of madhva school himself. the daily services to shiva are still conducted by madhva priests (unheard of in the uber-sectarian madhva milieu), while the temple is administered by a jaina. it serves as a dharmic institution and is cast-less in all other functions. if only 50% of dharmics functioned like dharmasthala ...
Please get some facts right. Madhvas worshipping Shiva is not unheard of. In fact they consider him as the controller of the mind. Madhvas do worship him.
Of course their way of worship differs from the rest. There is a gradation aspect which is OT for this thread. Second Shiva temple in Dharmasthala was NOT established by founder of Madhva school. Founder of Madhva school is Madhvacharya. The Shiva linga was established (sthapaney or probably consecration may be a right word) again by Vadiraja. He was a saint in the Madhva school who came many many years after Madhva.
Udupi and Dharmasthala have many functions which are social and help people irrespective of castes like mid day meals etc.
Sidhu saw a chance to position himself as Kuruba champion and thought Madhvas being minority would be a push over. This logic is the correct one
Last edited by rkirankr on 14 May 2013 12:38, edited 2 times in total.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

rkirankr ji, thanks for pointing that out. It is a ridiculous idea that Maadhva Vaishnavas don't worship Shiva. It is propaganda that they are "sectarian" in a silly Vishnu fan club sort of way. Maadhvas rigorously worship not just Shiva but all 33 of the main Vedic deities. The worship discipline includes all of them, in an ontological tAratamya (hierarchy).
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

there are also a lot of scandals involving something called Wakf board...I dont know if its a pan-indian trust or a per-state org controlled obviously by the Ashrafi crowd and muslim political leaders. how they got hold of all these properties over time is a course in history I would like to be enlightened about.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

Singha wrote:there are also a lot of scandals involving something called Wakf board...I dont know if its a pan-indian trust or a per-state org controlled obviously by the Ashrafi crowd and muslim political leaders. how they got hold of all these properties over time is a course in history I would like to be enlightened about.
The bigg building by Mukesh bhai was on Wakf board land. It along with the secular Gov of MH sold out for some coins. So, while dealing with Congasura, Note bank >> Vote bank :rotfl:

Posts by all on this "Educating Theo " project is good for simple folks like me, who would rather say "Jaane do, spray Deo". It is a symptom of a problem in which certain "minor" strata of society through long-time association with those in power, has appropriated the right to accumulate $$ , sit in judgement and deny others any space to breathe.

In Chhattisgarh, Raman Singh started his Vikas Yatra by distributing cash + materials and in this state, INC has no leader to paradrop from Dilli Paradrop Regiment like Jyotiraditya as "Young CM" in MP.

Here are two reports, both have added some secular garam masala to it that can be ignored. But worth reading in full.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/raman ... /1114969/0

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/yatra ... 77543.html

A couple of nuggets:
Raman Singh carries Rs 1,900 crore worth of cheques to be distributed to farmers as a bonus, laptops for college students, cycles for school going girls, sewing machines for mothers, farm equipment and a lot more.
Bastar is an electoral riddle. Irrespective of reports about the tension in villages, people still vote BJP. Eleven of 12 seats in 2008 cemented Singh's second term. "The road to the government goes through Bastar. That's the faith people here have in me," Singh says. "People in Delhi only make noises." :) -
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Theo_Fidel wrote:
At the risk of disrupting this thread, I have repeatedly said if NM wants to advance his agenda he is going to have to level with the people and speak about things that matter to common folks. IMO he should talk about 3 items, education, status of women and jobs justice relentlessly. This business of 'I am NM, I am the sher of GJ, and I am the one, and behold GJ' does not fly outside GJ and someone needs to tell him this.
Fidel ji,

I don't remember reading about Modi portraying himself the way you describe it. It's the media who has called him what not. The anti Modi media calls him maut ka saudagar. The pro Modi call him vikas purush. Where does sher of GJ description come from? Or are you regurgitating what Sapil Kibal said.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

If these lands were gifted by the British colonial administration in India to the Church and India is now independent, Indian State should have the right to confiscate all this land without exception. The Church has no right to sell this land or to otherwise use this land, as it does not belong to it.

I would urge Indian State to do confiscate this land as soon as possible. Of course the Churches themselves need not be interfered with. Christian schools sitting on this land should pay rent to the State.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

kiran short quick response,
my mistake. it was not anandatheerta. but vadirajatheertha. agree.

second. there is no equivalence between hari & shiva. pooje itself has to be in service of hari. not in an by for shiva. i'm sure you know what the deal is. it is a big deal that manjunatha pooje is done by them.

madhva sampradaya's position on caste is what attracts attention to them.

ot for here.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

panduranghari wrote:
Theo_Fidel wrote:
At the risk of disrupting this thread, I have repeatedly said if NM wants to advance his agenda he is going to have to level with the people and speak about things that matter to common folks. IMO he should talk about 3 items, education, status of women and jobs justice relentlessly. This business of 'I am NM, I am the sher of GJ, and I am the one, and behold GJ' does not fly outside GJ and someone needs to tell him this.
Fidel ji,

I don't remember reading about Modi portraying himself the way you describe it. It's the media who has called him what not. The anti Modi media calls him maut ka saudagar. The pro Modi call him vikas purush. Where does sher of GJ description come from? Or are you regurgitating what Sapil Kibal said.
Theo is a good example of the usual rubbish from Dynasty-supporters.

Modi has repeatedly stressed in all speeches that he regards himself as a 'servant' to the citizens of Gujarat, and that none of Gujarat's success is due to him - but is due to various stakeholders including the 6 cr Gujarati citizens. Perhaps Theo can try and dig up an example of some Gandhi moron or Jayalalitha saying this with the same level of conviction ?

As a fundamental element of his work philosophy, Modi has emphasized that he likes to create a work environment among the bureaucracy where they take complete ownership of the results achieved by them (eg "this bridge was built by me for the community.."). And he obviously wants to portray the same sense of ownership to the citizens who he believes he is here to serve - hence his repeated usage of phrases like "My Gujarat.." etc.

You can of course trust the Dynasty-lunatics to twist this into some kind of evidence of 'dictatorial megalomanic' tendencies.
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

RajeshA wrote:If these lands were gifted by the British colonial administration in India to the Church and India is now independent, Indian State should have the right to confiscate all this land without exception. The Church has no right to sell this land or to otherwise use this land, as it does not belong to it.

I would urge Indian State to do confiscate this land as soon as possible. Of course the Churches themselves need not be interfered with. Christian schools sitting on this land should pay rent to the State.
Interesting history of how church came to acquire so much land in Kerala and how commies steered clear of church's land holdings during their land reforms.

Communism and Land Reforms Movement in Kerala
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

on meeting with ura & karnad. he apparently met gss, kambara, and mahadeva too.
http://m.timesofindia.com/articleshow/20040513.cms
schools, language, adminstration and economics is what they discussed.
CM picks brains of literary thinktank
May 14, 2013, 05.30AM IST TNN

Writer Girish Karnad and others greet the new CM.
BANGALORE: Chief minister Siddaramaiah did something which politicians haven't done for a while. Soon after he was elected chief minister on Friday, he visited Kannada writers and sought their views on the language, literature and administration. Some earlier CMs like Ramakrishna Hegde would meet eminent intellectuals for their views on how to go about administration. The literary journey began with his visit to Rashtrakavi GS Shivarudrappa's house in Banashankari 2nd Stage at 11.15am. GSS advised him to give a stable and rational government but his main point was he should develop and renovate over 175 government schools which are over 100 years old and in a dilapidated condition. Writers K Marulasiddappa, GK Govindarao and S G Siddaramaiah were also present.

The poet also presented the CM a memorandum which contained six points — including providing special laboratories and playgrounds for government schools, encouraging honest teachers, open education resource centres in each school and open library, science resource centre and computer centres.

The CM took a short journey to Jnanpith awardee Chandrasekhara Kambar's house in Banashankari 3rd Stage. He had a lengthy discussion on various issues including implementation of Kannada as the official language in administration and in educational institutions. Kambar was firm that he speed up the project to develop a Kannada software (Unicode) for use in offices.

He wanted Siddaramaiah to concentrate on the plan on priority basis. Kambar told him many Kannadigas have developed Kannada programs and should be encouraged. Kambar also wanted the CM to give Kannadigas priority while formulating industrial policy.

Siddaramaiah's last visit was to another Jnanpith awardee U R Ananthamurthy at his house in Sadashivanagar. The writer said Siddaramaiah's election is proof that democracy is still alive in our country. He wanted the CM not to yield to any pressure from anyone, including his fans, while discharging his duties as CM. URA advised him to give an honest administration.

On Sunday in Mysore, Siddaramaiah called on dalit literatteur Devanur Mahadeva, who told him to read EF Schumacher's 'Small Is Beautiful: A Study of Economics As If People Mattered', that will help him in administration.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

http://kannada.oneindia.in/news/2013/05 ... 74012.html

instead of going to the dilli darbar as is the custom amongst the congress-walas, siddu visited native writers right after his coronation. met all the native wisemen he could meet in bangalore.

personally agnostic. does not feel the urge to trample on other's beliefs. has a gudi at home, & visits chamundi betta for that reason. chamundi temple is a mujarai temple and has experimented with many things including training priests from non-traditional castes. wants to make udupi krishna matha a mujarai temple too. doesnt make sense since that is a matha not a temple. but thats what he said. this is a much better debate to have than what we had during hdk & bsy.

all this scrutiny over his religious outlook and all might sound ot for the thread here, and look like splitting hairs. but between the gowdas and the bhajpa worthies, and their peddling of astrology, numerology, maata mantra (spells & casts) etc, this is a return to normal state of affairs started by nijalingappa & upheld until krishna's time in ka politics. there always have been thugs, but atleast they had the decency to keep devaru & dindaru out of their daily working.

ps: according to this, 1961 SC ruling, krishna matha was legally declared not a matha but a temple. but amongst commons it is always known as a matha and never a gudi or a devasthana. currently its adminstration is on a rotation basis between 8 mathas, known as paryaya. the gurus stay in their respective mathas, and perform services of at krishna temple on a rotation basis. the transition from one matha to another is itself a big event.
all they have to do make the dining area open to commons. that they will not do and end up destroying a tradition.

http://kannada.oneindia.in/news/2013/05 ... 73965.html
Last edited by shaardula on 14 May 2013 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

shaardula wrote:http://kannada.oneindia.in/news/2013/05 ... 74012.html

instead of going to the dilli darbar as is the custom amongst the congress-walas, siddu visited native writers right after his coronation. met all the native wisemen he could meet in bangalore.

personally agnostic. does not feel the urge to trample on other's beliefs. has a gudi at home, & visits chamundi betta for that reason. chamundi temple is a mujarai temple and has experimented with many things including training priests from non-traditional castes. wants to make udupi krishna matha a mujarai temple too. doesnt make sense since that is a matha not a temple. but thats what he said. this is a much better debate to have than what we had during hdk & bsy.

all this scrutiny over his religious outlook and all might sound ot for the thread here, and look like splitting hairs. but between the gowdas and the bhajpa worthies, and their peddling of astrology, numerology, maata mantra (spells & casts) etc, this is a return to normal state of affairs started by nijalingappa & upheld until krishna's time in ka politics. there always have been thugs, but atleast they had the decency to keep devaru & dindaru out of their daily working.

ps: according to this, 1961 SC ruling, krishna matha was declared not a matha but a temple. currently its adminstration is on a rotation basis between 8 mathas, known as paryaya.
http://kannada.oneindia.in/news/2013/05 ... 73965.html
Krishna Matha was always managed by 8 Mathas from last 800 years. Earlier it was rotation every 2 months and later changed to every 2 years. It was started by founder and managed by his followers.
Please do not dismiss the thuggery . I live in a area which has borne the brunt of the thugs. Was once upon a time very dangerous. Even now many auto drivers are hesitant to come to this area . Guess :wink:
In fact it should not bother us if a guy is atheist, or believes in astrology so much that he even goes to $hit after consulting his charts. If does not affect the common man , his livelihood, aam admi's own beliefs then it is ok.

PS: Some of the writers he met are known hindu baiters. There is a stay on take over of udupi matha.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

agree. when do a good thing, atleast do it whole heartedly and according to the satisfaction of common sense. all this intransigence about "ontology" will end up destroying what is a long standing tradition. these are men of honest traditions. remember vidyabhushana teertha? now that is a man with honour & gumption. they will end up destroying all that all for being sticklers.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Also I wonder if he is really an Atheist. For example, today's Times of India had this. Ofcourse Y'day was "Akshaya Trithi" a very auspicious day. Looks like his Atheism is like his neighbor Karuna's :D

AUSPICIOUS START

Puja had already started in the chief minister's chambers and outside the cabinet hall,much before Siddaramaiah arrived.Puja was offered to the portraits of Lord Venkateshwara and Goddess Chamundeshwari. Siddaramaiah stepped into his chambers holding a lemon,considered auspicious,and showered flowers on the chair he was going to occupy ,as directed by the pujari.

From
http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/get ... blabel=TOI

As decided by his wife Parvathi,Siddaramaiah, 64,took oath exactly at 11.40am,swearing on 'truth'.Governor H R Bhardwaj administered the oath and office of secrecy in Sources close to the CM said there was no significance attached to the time chosen for the swearing-in ceremony.Even the vermillion Siddaramaiah sporting on his forehead was reportedly applied by his wife,after a puja at his official residence on Kumara Krupa Road.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

shaardula wrote:kiran short quick response,
my mistake. it was not anandatheerta. but vadirajatheertha. agree.

second. there is no equivalence between hari & shiva. pooje itself has to be in service of hari. not in an by for shiva. i'm sure you know what the deal is. it is a big deal that manjunatha pooje is done by them.

madhva sampradaya's position on caste is what attracts attention to them.

ot for here.
Yes no equivalence. Every religious order has its own way and means. Some do not give exalted position to Bhagavath Geetha as given by many other Hindus. Understandable. To each his own. So what is wrong. It is not a big deal sir ,Madhvas worship shiva and infact is mandatory. Casteism is present in all sects . Only issue here is the philosophy of Madhva is not understood especially the heirarchy part by many . It is equated with Caste , which is wrong. However time and again using it by some self styled intellectuals to beat Madhvas , even though they have the capability and ability to dig deep and understand its real meaning smacks of intellectual dishonesty
Please do not dismiss something of a sect like ontology so cheaply,without probably knowing it completely.

Let us agree to disagree and return back to politics here
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Timely thread, breaking news.

Gulab Chand Kataria to be targeted by CBI for Soharabuddin Bull shit case.

SSC to be targeted like Yeddi was.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mp-prime-lan ... 3-236.html

CBI is on over drive.

=============================================================

Mullah I Yam pitches in

5.50 pm: UP Police to challenge acquittal of Varun Gandhi by trial courts in two hate speech cases of Pilibhit.
While the CJM court's order would be challenged in sessions court before May 25, an appeal would be filed in high court against the sessions court order.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/brea ... 70928.html
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

not an atheist. he confessed about being forced to do the rahu kala thingie. but did not know about akshaya thritiya or even it being basava jayanti. that is there in the kannada version. there is no reason to doubt that.

he's not an atheist. he does not go out of the way to destroy anybody's god. if he reads ura, he's prolly ura approach to god. you can specifically read sooryana kudre, ghatashraddha & samskaara. in increasing order of complexity. god, faith & practicality of being a person of faith, that is ura's thing & he writes well about these things. prolly the best in my own limited reading. but imo it will pretty hard for anybody whom i have not read to negate what he said. that much can be said of his writing. most compelling counter points are made by bhyrappa, but even he does not disagree with issues with practicality that ura raises.

i would rather take an unsettled atheist over a unthinking theist anyday.
Last edited by shaardula on 14 May 2013 19:00, edited 3 times in total.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

ok kiran. only thing i want to say is, i know some theory, theory is different from practice. when somebody asks a practical question, it is not enough to give a theoretical answer.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on May 10, 2013
By Minhaz Merchant
The road to 272 : Economic Times
For 2014, most parties’ ambitions are modest. The Congress thinks 140 Lok Sabha seats will be enough to stitch together a “secular” UPA-3 coalition. The BJP reckons it needs 180 seats to do the same for NDA-3.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

shaardula wrote:ok kiran. only thing i want to say is, i know some theory, theory is different from practice. when somebody asks a practical question, it is not enough to give a theoretical answer.
I felt your rubbishing the ontological aspect was rubbishing the theory hence gave answer from a theoritcal perspective.
Practically if you see , in all sects, not all followers may have the ability to understand everything what the founder has said. Believe me , I have seen from close quarters, the amount of change and effort "to understand the real meaning" is going on with full sincerity. Also it is necessary for all of us to understand some behaviours and customs of some sects. It may seem odd to the person outside but might have a real reason and a meaning and more important may not be what it appears to be from outside
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

:rotfl:

Taking my response to Off-topic thread to appease the secular conscious keepers of this thread.
Last edited by RamaY on 14 May 2013 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
mraghu
BRFite

Post by mraghu »

I am not a regular contributor, but this religious discussion around Shiva and Vishnu in the National Elections thread is OT ... my 2p...
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Egypt, which has 95%+ Muslims due to heritage consider Cow as sacred and bans cow slaughter.

In India, being 80%+ Hindus who consider still cow as sacred, yet has no bullocks to counter sickular propaganda and make cow slaughter offensive :twisted: .