Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Shanmukh »

CNN IBN says that BJP is getting a 6.7% swing in Rajasthan (41%) against Congress (32%). The BJP is expected to get 115-125 with Congress expected to get 60-68.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

May be the 'international factor' is yet to be considered for elections. Secularists getting riled up for co-religionists ( :(( factor?, pardon secular/co-religion contradiction or green color pun, wholly coincidental) even when co-religonists or co-co-religionists are outright corrupt.

There will be pressure to not harm corrupt co-co-religionists and that totally uncivilized and undemocratic problem will be passed off as secularism onlee. Ex Jagan, Muslim League etc and no pretenders at international press are pontificating to corrupt and violent nature.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Nageshks, Now that BJP's Delhi leadership issue is settled what are their prospects? I think its important for the political mindspace for BJP to win Delhi.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

ramana wrote:Nageshks, Now that BJP's Delhi leadership issue is settled what are their prospects? I think its important for the political mindspace for BJP to win Delhi.
CNN IBN is scheduled to address Delhi tomorrow. Will watch what they say and let you all know.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

nageshks wrote:CNN IBN says that BJP is getting a 6.7% swing in Rajasthan (41%) against Congress (32%). The BJP is expected to get 115-125 with Congress expected to get 60-68.
Looks like Modi election is affecting all these states. Will Delhi be immune?

I think Modi should avoid sparring over Patel/Nehru. There is no up side to that kind of quarrel. It only diverts the issues of MisGovernance, Price Rise, Economy, Growth and gives PAID MEDIA to demonize Modi.

Let the focus be on PAPPU and his stupid talk
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I wonder if poor Pappu is being forced to don the mantle that he is not cut out to wear. Sometimes I feel as if all his anger and condescending is fake and he would rather be somewhere else than hot and humid political landscape of India.
Yes he can always walk away from this but then walking away is never an option in mafia.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

vivek.rao wrote:
nageshks wrote:CNN IBN says that BJP is getting a 6.7% swing in Rajasthan (41%) against Congress (32%). The BJP is expected to get 115-125 with Congress expected to get 60-68.
Looks like Modi election is affecting all these states. Will Delhi be immune?

I think Modi should avoid sparring over Patel/Nehru. There is no up side to that kind of quarrel. It only diverts the issues of MisGovernance, Price Rise, Economy, Growth and gives PAID MEDIA to demonize Modi.

Let the focus be on PAPPU and his stupid talk
Modi is questioning the roots of Dynasty. He is re-opening the unspoken history of post-Independence era. The idea is to remove the halo of dynasty and making them look like any other political family. NM has been talking about this even during his "coming out" speech in HT conclave, where he openly questioned Nehru's policy of opening a Hotel in a capital-deficient India, right in the heart of Delhi establishment.

Many people (even in Gujarat) vote for INC because they perceive it as Gandhiji's and Sardar's party. Probably someone from MP Raj CH can comment on the extent of legacy vote in those states.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

^^ Probably true. Probably aiming at long term elimination of dienasty and see if nationalists can take over CON party
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Who in modern India still votes for Congress as Gandhi and Patel's party. It is JLN and his family all the way.
At least JLN and IG were tall leaders in their own light and were popular with masses across India.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

VikasRaina wrote:Who in modern India still votes for Congress as Gandhi and Patel's party. It is JLN and his family all the way.
At least JLN and IG were tall leaders in their own light and were popular with masses across India.
Bingo, India votes for the dynasty, they vote for freebies, for false entitlement, thats what it is about, nothing else. But Modi is not a fool. He knows this. The reason he harps on patel is very simple and it has to do with local gujarati politics.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

the word on Bihar street about Nikumma is that he is Chotta and chottapanthi kar raha hai. I do not believe there is equivalent English word or any other close hindi word so I will try to explain what it means - a small petty criminal who is without moral of any kind, an unscrupulous guy who lack of ethics is only surpassed by his smallness (in power and otherwise)..someone who is now beneath contempt.....
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

fanne ji, may be "petty (or petite which is pronounced with second t silent)" is the word you are looking for?
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

paging usual suspect, Loyla college (you know from where) use to do surveys (mostly KA), that has been quite accurate. 2008 survey showed youths were with congress (they got EC to get help of cricketers and philum stars to advertise that youth should go out and vote). Now IBN/CNN is showing youths are with BJP decisively. I do not have confidence in these guys (the number could have been same, but with Yogender Yadav anal-yzing that time and not this time, very hard to tell), Loyala survey can tell us the real picture.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

fanne wrote:paging usual suspect, Loyla college (you know from where) use to do surveys (mostly KA), that has been quite accurate. 2008 survey showed youths were with congress (they got EC to get help of cricketers and philum stars to advertise that youth should go out and vote). Now IBN/CNN is showing youths are with BJP decisively. I do not have confidence in these guys (the number could have been same, but with Yogender Yadav anal-yzing that time and not this time, very hard to tell), Loyala survey can tell us the real picture.
fanne ji. I will see if they have any survey. But look at peoplespulse.in They have good surveys too. The youth in 2008 was with cong, but now they are with bjp. but the new youth in rajasthan (as per that survey) is with bjp, but not as much as people who are 5 years elder than them. So looks like youth start as pro cong and then move towards bjp.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

It will be a change of mood if CNN-IBN does not project a three way race between AAP, INC and BJP in Delhi and telling the viewers that AAP is closing in on BJP. They can give good surveys where there is no completion but they can give a close call in a state like Delhi which actually will help AAP.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

fanne wrote:the word on Bihar street about Nikumma is that he is Chotta and chottapanthi kar raha hai. I do not believe there is equivalent English word or any other close hindi word so I will try to explain what it means - a small petty criminal who is without moral of any kind, an unscrupulous guy who lack of ethics is only surpassed by his smallness (in power and otherwise)..someone who is now beneath contempt.....
+1. Pitashri visiting Bihar currently and in his interaction with folks the mood for satta parivartan seems to be overwhelming.

Added later: Price rise seems to be the biggest culprit. Bihar being one of the poorest, price rise has hammered them disproportionately
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

I wish to coin a new meaning of UPA : United Paralysis Alliance. I hope this gets to Modi and he uses it in next meeting. The way they have ignored the killing of the recent Arihant scientists again demo that there is an absolute paralysis on responding to any issues that nation and people faces.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

subhamoy.das wrote:I wish to coin a new meaning of UPA : United Paralysis Alliance.
Unlimited Power for Antinationals?
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

nageshks wrote:
subhamoy.das wrote:I wish to coin a new meaning of UPA : United Paralysis Alliance.
Unlimited Powered Antinationals?
edited out the mijtake onree :mrgreen:
M Joshi
BRFite

Post by M Joshi »

CNNIBN-CSDS-Hindu survey for state polls.

Rajasthan:

MP:

Chhatisgarh:

"Tsunamo" not storm. :twisted:
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Tell me the same for Delhi. I will say a change in Media houses is happening if they project BJP's win in Delhi
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Muppalla wrote:Tell me the same for Delhi. I will say a change in Media houses is happening if they project BJP's win in Delhi
How can that happen when CSDS is led by an AAP member ?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

subhamoy.das wrote:I wish to coin a new meaning of UPA : United Paralysis Alliance. I hope this gets to Modi and he uses it in next meeting. The way they have ignored the killing of the recent Arihant scientists again demo that there is an absolute paralysis on responding to any issues that nation and people faces.
Why are you mocking Paralysis victims by equating them with UPA?

Just kidding
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Where is the prediction on bjp seats in Chattisgarh?
member_23658
BRFite

Post by member_23658 »

^ 61-71. Much better than any one could hope.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Narayana Rao wrote:Where is the prediction on bjp seats in Chattisgarh?
61-71 for BJP and 16-24 for Congress.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

What's the condition in Bihar?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

karan, did you try the firstpost vote ? according to it bjp is winning landslide in WB and kerala. just goes to show what the netizens think, I guess.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Bihar, the outcome really depends on who forms the coalition against BJP, who the partners are. In theoretical situation of everyone going alone, BJP will get 35 out of 40 seats!!
member_23658
BRFite

Post by member_23658 »

cnn ibn poll for delhi:
19- 25 for AAP
19-25 for Congress
25-28 for BJP
member_23658
BRFite

Post by member_23658 »

^ 35 is the half way mark. way too close (vote share is cong:28%, aap:27% bjp:29%) and if true, AAP has successfully played the spoiler
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

^AAP seats seem exaggerated given Yogendra Yadav's association with them. In any case, some of the AAP folks, and some independents and Congies could be bought over. BJP seems set for a 4-0 victory!
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Amol.D wrote:^ 35 is the half way mark. way too close (vote share is cong:28%, aap:27% bjp:29%) and if true, AAP has successfully played the spoiler
survey surely looks cooked up. So do their other surveys also. Chattisgarh is quite close, i doubt BJP can pull off comfortably. Rajasthan is also quite tight. BJP may scrape thru, but not quite convincingly.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

AAP will sink its ship along with congress. Likh lo.

AAP is < 5.
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

muraliravi wrote: survey surely looks cooked up. So do their other surveys also. Chattisgarh is quite close, i doubt BJP can pull off comfortably. Rajasthan is also quite tight. BJP may scrape thru, but not quite convincingly.
And why would they cook this up? Not like the survey companies are pro-BJP!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Rahul M wrote:karan, did you try the firstpost vote ? according to it bjp is winning landslide in WB and kerala. just goes to show what the netizens think, I guess.
:oops: :cry: :(( :rotfl:

Require all 4 emoticons i think. Are they merely click surveys from site, or surveys on ground.

So do you think the other surveys as well are fixed? They look credible..at least polling people on ground
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

rajithn wrote:
muraliravi wrote: survey surely looks cooked up. So do their other surveys also. Chattisgarh is quite close, i doubt BJP can pull off comfortably. Rajasthan is also quite tight. BJP may scrape thru, but not quite convincingly.
And why would they cook this up? Not like the survey companies are pro-BJP!
Probably trying the 2004 game. Make BJP voters think that BJP is anyway winning, so why vote. In delhi the opposite, this khuliwal wont even win his own seat, but show him like a winnable party and make BJP voters try him and in the process make congress win.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Guys,

Mizoram is also a state. So here is some news: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/oppn- ... m/1188856/

Hope they kick congress out of there also. So it will be a wash out.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:^AAP seats seem exaggerated given Yogendra Yadav's association with them. In any case, some of the AAP folks, and some independents and Congies could be bought over. BJP seems set for a 4-0 victory!
As per Albatroosinflight, survey was done before Harshvardhan's name was announced.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Sushupti wrote:
Ashok Sarraff wrote:^AAP seats seem exaggerated given Yogendra Yadav's association with them. In any case, some of the AAP folks, and some independents and Congies could be bought over. BJP seems set for a 4-0 victory!
As per Albatroosinflight, survey was done before Harshvardhan's name was announced.
Rajdeep mentioned it quite clearly in the show