Muppalla wrote:RajeshA wrote:Published on Dec 26, 2013
JVMP and JD(U) will work together to fulfill common goals: Babulal Marandi: IBN Live
Babulal Marandi is not that important for BJP. The tribals are two divisions (1) Santhals and (2) chota nagpuris (spelling?). The Santhals vote for JMM and Congress. All chota nagpuris vote for BJP. It is competitive between these groups. Marandi cannot bring any extra votes especially when Madhu Khoda is not merged to congress. No need to get into this useless split. Instead a BJP forwards caste+chota nagpuris + OBC(Modi factor) will defeat all other combinations.
It is all about polarize your vote and bring to booths as far as JHK is concerned.
The people you are calling "chota nagpuris" are not tribals. These people are mostly Biharis and small percentage from all over. Tribals are only 28% of the population, the rest 72% population is non-tribal. Yes the tribal people ( mainly santhals, munda, Oraon, and few smaller ones) will vote for JMM which is a tribal party, non-tribal vote is split among the rest.