Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Sushupti »

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

THE CONTRARIAN POLITICAL CURRENTS OF KARNATAKA
Albatrossinflight

"Many of the so called “leaders” of the Anant Kumar gang tell you candidly that it doesn’t matter if Congress or JDS come to power in state, it would be business as usual for them because their leader has great rapport with Congress & JDS leaders. “In fact, our works got stalled in the BJP government headed by BSY, so it is better that there be a Congress government in the state” avers one of those “leaders”. This is at the core of the problems for BJP in Karnataka. BSY has this incredible zeal to win at any cost and that translates into super-human efforts by the local Karyakartas. BJP minus BSY is simply an electoral non-entity that would crumble like a pack of cards."

http://centreright.in/2013/01/the-contr ... OrSHG-HI7c
According to the grapevine, Marandi was sacked because he refused ‘hafta’ to no/ational leadership.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Anantha Kumar won elections 5 times for LokSabha and can not be simply brushed side like other persons of Delli4. He can not be simply brushed aside. AJ and the lady are falures and need to be stopped from capturing power. Other BJP leaders have their own problems and I hope they call come to gether in 2014. Anantha Kumar also can win a seat that is all. He can not mobalize anything more than for one seat - Bangalore City. - I used to live in the City and has see him enjoy good support and votes.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Did anyone notice that Venkaiah Naidu shared TV Panel Debate on NDTV with Sanjay Nirupam despite party's stand to boycott Nirupam until he apologies?.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Narayana Rao wrote:Anantha Kumar won elections 5 times for LokSabha and can not be simply brushed side like other persons of Delli4. He can not be simply brushed aside. AJ and the lady are falures and need to be stopped from capturing power. Other BJP leaders have their own problems and I hope they call come to gether in 2014. Anantha Kumar also can win a seat that is all. He can not mobalize anything more than for one seat - Bangalore City. - I used to live in the City and has see him enjoy good support and votes.
Yes but face which took BJP to the villages of Karnatka is Yeddi.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Sushupti wrote:Did anyone notice that Venkaiah Naidu shared TV Panel Debate on NDTV with Sanjay Nirupam despite party's stand to boycott Nirupam until he apologies?.
Sushipti ji, at this rate there will be no one in BJP who is not compromised or Nehruvian. There is a need to sitback and think. For example during British era (running into several hundered of years) people still lived, ate food and breathed while the national movement was going on at various levels.

It is quite impossible to shut down and seclude. UPA-3 is a given and a sureshot unless Congress party makes certain mistakes. BJP is a challenger Modi or no-Modi. There is no way due to some great things that NDA will win. It will only win if congress makes mistakes.

In fact it will be a good idea to see in RSS/VHP that are similar to D4 or Congressi-BJP folks. I will bet that the numbers in other Sangh organizations will be exponentially higher than those we find in BJP and on TVs. The ones in the RSS/VHP are the silent-moles and unknown but more dangerous than those we find in BJP.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Muppalla wrote:
Sushupti wrote:Did anyone notice that Venkaiah Naidu shared TV Panel Debate on NDTV with Sanjay Nirupam despite party's stand to boycott Nirupam until he apologies?.
Sushipti ji, at this rate there will be no one in BJP who is not compromised or Nehruvian. There is a need to sitback and think. For example during British era (running into several hundered of years) people still lived, ate food and breathed while the national movement was going on at various levels.

It is quite impossible to shut down and seclude. UPA-3 is a given and a sureshot unless Congress party makes certain mistakes. BJP is a challenger Modi or no-Modi. There is no way due to some great things that NDA will win. It will only win if congress makes mistakes.

In fact it will be a good idea to see in RSS/VHP that are similar to D4 or Congressi-BJP folks. I will bet that the numbers in other Sangh organizations will be exponentially higher than those we find in BJP and on TVs. The ones in the RSS/VHP are the silent-moles and unknown but more dangerous than those we find in BJP.
It wasn't a CT speculation from my side. It was the BJP's own position anounced by Ravishanker Prasad after Nirupam -Iraani incident. I think it was deliberate eon the part NDTV to poke fun at BJP or may be case of left hand doesn't what right hand doing.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

PA Sangma has endorsed NaMo as PM.
He has stated that NaMo is not anti-minority, good adminstrator, fit to be a PM.
He went on to say all PMs must be elected and not selected.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Tarun vijay article in rediff

OMG, the man has out-jingoed most dhaga-regulars, I'd say.....

Too much (and too delectable) to excerpt even,m much less highlight. Oh, read it all only...:)
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Hari Seldon wrote:Tarun vijay article in rediff

OMG, the man has out-jingoed most dhaga-regulars, I'd say.....

Too much (and too delectable) to excerpt even,m much less highlight. Oh, read it all only...:)
Owaisi must address the issues of backwardness, girls' education and empowerment and illiteracy in his community. That should be his first priority rather than befooling his people with fake bravado that means nothing at the ground level. The savage demolishers never achieve any purpose.
The above is the real reason for the Owaisis to get back to basics. They are under seize. If you see the previous election results inside the 90% Muslim areas of Old city, an alternative to Owaisis have given them a run for the money. The siasat newspaper's owners and similar old city muslim groups are part of TDP or some alternative Muslim party there. (I forgot). The other group also has goonda/violent folks (otherwise you can't deal with Owaisis). There is a substantial Muslim folks who started going away from Owaisis and that is a threat they are foreseeing. These are those who are educated and looking at other parts of the city and are interested in joining the main stream life.

I need to dig couple of articles about this topic from an year to two years ago.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Hari Seldon wrote: OMG, the man has out-jingoed most dhaga-regulars, I'd say.....
Oh no, he is a Nehruvian dont you know? Big chamcha of Windbag. Big force behind D4.

All is lost onleee :(( :(( :((
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Don't get carried away sanku ji. Words are cheap after all.
When Pt DDU 's name was replaced by Rajiv Gandhi in Uttrakhand schemes not 1 'National leader' raised the issue not even RS member T.Vijay
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Chunnu back with Munnu
“Chunnu Raja” is back in the fold and “Munnu Raja” is ready for battle.

Digvijaya Singh was busy today supervising a civic poll campaign for his nephew, a day after the senior Congress leader’s younger brother Laxman returned to the party after nine years in the BJP.

The reunion has lifted the mood at Raghogarh Fort, the ancestral home of the royal scions, and among residents of the otherwise sleepy town 200km from Bhopal.

Sources said Digvijaya, popularly called “Munnu Raja”, has put his personal prestige at stake in tomorrow’s Raghogarh municipal corporation election to ensure Laxman’s son Aditya comes up trumps. Laxman is fondly referred to as “Chunnu Raja”.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130108/j ... OvJheTfg44
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Guess why some BJP gents are shaky

The women’s presence as a gender power pack registered during the Gujarat elections when, the BJP grapevine says, Modi asked the central leaders to give them precedence over the male spokespersons.

Modi apparently felt they could take on civil rights activists Teesta Setalvad and Shabnam Hashmi sound bite for sound bite, decibel for decibel on the 2002 pogrom and the cases that followed.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130108/j ... OvPfOTfg45
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Hari Seldon wrote:Don't get carried away sanku ji. Words are cheap after all.
When Pt DDU 's name was replaced by Rajiv Gandhi in Uttrakhand schemes not 1 'National leader' raised the issue not even RS member T.Vijay
Yes, of course, I agree, everyone is windbaggian onlee.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Sanku ji, your position is quite clear by now. Looking at last ~60 years and comparing with last 25 years I tend to agree with you. But somehow unlike you I never see it as a NM vs. Sangh. I always end up seeing it as a two way street with each side already acting in as mature a manner as politicians should do while forwarding their respective agenda.

I am afraid if you keep going like this you will drive yourself in the anti-Modi camp. Thoda sambhal kar bhai ji.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

ravi_g wrote: unlike you I never see it as a NM vs. Sangh.
:?:

No ji, I am firmly of the opinion that NM is a subset of the Sangh, NM knows it Modi knows it. Most Sangh types know it, most Modi types know it.

I am just having some fun on this thread.

A number of Modi supporters on this thread are pro Modi and anti Sangh only because Modi has won. Simple. Its not that they buy into the philosphy to the level that there will be support irrespective of the outcome. They think the rest of the sangh has not seen too much success and Modi has, ergo two camps.

In my case, I would have supported Shri NaMo irrespective of wins or loss, since I know they are more than often a hairbreadth away -- everywhere. I also know that NaMo wins or loses based on a larger platform than just being NaMo.

Its only media bug bear that projects NaMo as distinct -- a transparent attempt to divide and conquer, wonder why pro Modi BRFites fall for it. BJP could not, even if it wanted push NaMo more till SIT report came out, and made its way up the judiciary to a extent.

The recent bigger profile of NaMo is directly linked to that development, its not D4 or any such fairly silly conspiracy theories. BJP wants to win, and will do what they think will get them victory, but they are not gods and are playing on a very difficult wicket.

As a aside, I see lot of NaMo posters in all BJP ruled states now. The pieces are moving. :wink:
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

I too have seen AAP supporters rooting for Modi. Surprisingly enough a guy from Sambhal whose family traditionally supported Congress and who took a day off to become a Congress member also is quite open to Modi. Most likely will also vote for Modi. The chota-mota Kongi neta whose wife works with us is however a worried guy these days and the poor wife keeps wishing for thing to get better for Kongress. The support is not just on the internet it is actually there at ground level.

I usually keep pinging people around on such matters :).
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sushupti wrote:
THE CONTRARIAN POLITICAL CURRENTS OF KARNATAKA
Albatrossinflight

"Many of the so called “leaders” of the Anant Kumar gang tell you candidly that it doesn’t matter if Congress or JDS come to power in state, it would be business as usual for them because their leader has great rapport with Congress & JDS leaders. “In fact, our works got stalled in the BJP government headed by BSY, so it is better that there be a Congress government in the state” avers one of those “leaders”. This is at the core of the problems for BJP in Karnataka. BSY has this incredible zeal to win at any cost and that translates into super-human efforts by the local Karyakartas. BJP minus BSY is simply an electoral non-entity that would crumble like a pack of cards."

http://centreright.in/2013/01/the-contr ... OrSHG-HI7c
According to the grapevine, Marandi was sacked because he refused ‘hafta’ to no/ational leadership.
Albatrossinflight • 10 hours ago −
Have read some of the comments here and on twitter suggesting that BSY’s political strength is overstated. That is a gross miscalculation, similar to the one made by those advising BJP’s central leadership on Karnataka. All those who argue that BSY is electorally useless is either naïve or looks at Karnataka politics purely through Bangalore/old-Mysore prism. Let me try & give 3 specific instances of the alternate political reality.

1) In Yadgir District: This seat was once a bastion of Mr. Mudnal, who was a staunch anti-Congress/anti-Indira political entity and used to contest on Swatantra Party and also win handsomely in the 60’s & 70’s going against the Congress waves (sometimes as the lone representative of the party). He then joined the JP movement & was also a powerful cabinet minister in the Hegde government. In the late 80’s he got disillusioned by electoral politics & took voluntary political sanyas. Since the patriarch’s death a few years ago, the Mudnal family has remained electorally inactive, but politically active (apart from 2004, when 1 of the family members contested as an independent & won). Even today the Mudnal family wields considerable political influence in this area. Last month, the patriarch’s son, Venkatreddy Mudnal took a convoy of 50 vehicles to BSY’s Haveri rally. Many independent observers believe that if the junior Mudnal contests the elections then it could be a cakewalk for him.

2) In Bagalkot/Bijapur districts: Pramod Mutalik, that much hated man by the English speaking gentry (even of the right persuasion), has tremendous influence in these districts, so much so that at least 4-5 sitting legislators of the BJP owe their victories to Mr Mutalik. If one were to visit small towns and villages like Jamakhandi, Rabkavi, Banhatti et al, one would realize the importance of his political organizational skills. Ask any young kid in these villages and they will tell you that their entire “village will vote as per Mutalik mama’s wishes”. Today Pramod Mutalik is working tirelessly for BSY & KJP in this region!

3) In Bidar district: Basavakalyan is an important anti-Congress bastion. Here Basavaraj Patil Attoor, who was one of the founding members of the Janata movement in the state along with Hegde and Gowda, has a lot of goodwill and has won this seat 4 times in the past (including 2008 on BJP ticket). Last year, he had a near fatal car accident and has been left blind in one of his eyes. This is an incident which has gained him a great deal of sympathy among his constituents and he is sure to emerge victorious, no matter which party he contests from. Again, he is one of the stalwarts who has joined BSY’s KJP to only strengthen the party further.

These are just three instances that act as pointers to BSY’s influence, there are many such aspects all over Bombay-Karnataka and parts of Hyderabad-Karnataka. If anything, we are only under-reporting the political influence and electoral power of BSY. It would not be an overestimation to suggest that there is a mini Yeddiyurappa wave in North Karnataka. Of course, this wave may dissipate in 3-4 months by the time elections are actually held and other parties with better organizational strength might tap all this goodwill, but there is no denying the fact about the wave, as of now. Even in Gujarat, in the absence of a towering Modi, GPP could have easily captured 30 odd seats despite the strong organizational presence of BJP (the results of Gujarat elections actually do not do justice to Keshubapa’s charisma as a leader, because he was overshadowed by a leader with far greater charisma).

One last point: on Veerappa Moily, Dharam Singh, Gundurao, Bangarappa etc., all these leaders did not win a mandate for their party in an election, they were just post-electoral compromises. In Karnataka no party has ever won, nor will they ever win a mandate without either a strong Lingayat or Vokkaliga leading from the front. Ramakrishna Hegde was the only exception to that rule, but then, he was only a Lingayat disguised as a Brahmin (as far as the voters were concerned). Even the much vaunted Devraj Urs was unsuccessful outside the Congress ecosystem.

http://centreright.in/2013/01/the-contr ... OxNZIM818E
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

So he is basically saying it is OK to steal here and there and lead a Govt. full of corruption issues if you are able to produce a miniwave
in your favor. Then what is the difference with Virbhadra and Laloo and Mayawati/Mulayam and several INC stalwarts. If Kt votes for the corrupt then that is their problem. If the Sangh is claiming to bring about holistic change in India and then putting in charge corrupt people it is going to self-destruct. If Yeddy comes out clean then that is a different matter.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Albatrossinflight does not seem very credible, in general, just another random twit on twitter. Not everyone on right of center is intelligent.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Supratik wrote:So he is basically saying it is OK to steal here and there and lead a Govt. full of corruption issues if you are able to produce a miniwave
in your favor. Then what is the difference with Virbhadra and Laloo and Mayawati/Mulayam and several INC stalwarts. If Kt votes for the corrupt then that is their problem. If the Sangh is claiming to bring about holistic change in India and then putting in charge corrupt people it is going to self-destruct. If Yeddy comes out clean then that is a different matter.
He isn't saying anything. Use him for data gathering and draw your own conclusions.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sanku wrote:Albatrossinflight does not seem very credible, in general, just another random twit on twitter. Not everyone on right of center is intelligent.
Wow!!, he is a big fan your favorite Mirza Raja. May be you can express your opinion about him as comment to his article.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Muppalla garu,

The most serious challenge to Owaisis for muslim vote banks came from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majlis_Bachao_Tehreek.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

yes it was amanullah khan and he aligned with TDP in most of the elections
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sharad Sangh salve on BJP

OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT
New Delhi, Jan. 8: Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav today termed party MP Shivanand Tiwari’s remarks equating RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat with MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi as his “personal views” and sought to assuage the feelings of ally BJP.

The alliance with the BJP was an “old” one and “will continue in future”, he said.

Tiwari had yesterday said Bhagwat and Owaisi were “two sides of the same coin”, angering the BJP which asked the JD(U) leadership to restrain the MP.

“The views expressed by Tiwari were his personal statements and the party has nothing to do with it,” Yadav said. He suggested the MP should consult the party leadership before making any comments in future.

“We have to take care that feelings of those who work with us are not hurt. We have an old alliance with BJP and it will continue in future too,” Yadav said.

Party sources said the JD(U) president has asked Tiwari to meet him tomorrow. Disciplinary action was, however, ruled out.

Tiwari stuck to his remarks but clarified it was not the party’s line. “I did express my personal views,” he said.

Sources said Tiwari belongs to the section of the party that strongly favours snapping of ties with the BJP. A major section of the party, including Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar, was keen to go alone but the angry protests Nitish faced during his Adhikar Yatra seem to have forced a rethink.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130109/j ... Oy7veTfg44
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sangh boss buffs Gadkari crown

- Thorns out, BJP chief set for 2nd term

New Delhi, Jan. 8: Nitin Gadkari looks set to get a second term as BJP president, thanks to RSS chief Mohanrao Bhagwat.

Bhagwat, who initially faced opposition, especially after Gadkari was caught in a financial controversy involving his business interests, overcame it step by step, sources said.

First, he neutralised team-mates like Suresh Soni who was pitching for another senior BJP leader whose CV is among the few unblemished by financial and other allegations, sources said.

Soni’s protégé, Prabhat Jha, was denied a second term as Madhya Pradesh BJP president despite his efforts. “That was a clear signal that Bhagwat would have his way on Gadkari,” a Sangh source said.

Next, he worked on senior BJP leaders Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj and coaxed their support. Jaitley and Sushma, unlike some other seniors, had read the tea leaves “correctly”, which was why they defended Gadkari when the Purti controversy erupted despite knowing the BJP’s anti-corruption plank was getting weakened.

Bhagwat communicated his plans to Narendra Modi before the Gujarat elections. The chief minister, sources said, urged the RSS chief to “contain” former BJP leader Keshubhai Patel’s damage potential in the elections. Patel has close ties to the Gujarat RSS, with whom Modi had long ago burnt his bridges. Bhagwat reportedly kept his promise and limited the Gujarat Sangh’s opposition to him.

That left Bhagwat with “recalcitrant” voices like those of Yashwant Sinha and Shatrughan Sinha, who openly spoke out against Gadkari. When Yashwant Sinha recently met a Congress minister on a flight and was asked about the BJP’s next president, he is said to have replied ruefully that it would be Gadkari.

There were doubts over Advani’s position. It is learnt that he was not in favour of Gadkari’s continuance. But his reported dissent, unlike that of the Sinhas, was promptly taken by the RSS as a “design” to manipulate the post for himself. There were reports that Advani was not averse to asking a senior like Shanta Kumar or B.C. Khanduri to replace Gadkari, but such suggestions did not figure on the Sangh’s radar.

An indication that Advani had “fallen in line” came at an event in Delhi on Monday when he shared the dais with Gadkari and Uma Bharti. The occasion was the “successful” completion of the first phase of Uma’s “Save Ganga” campaign. In his speech, Gadkari mentioned Advani fleetingly.

On Wednesday, Gadkari is set to inaugurate a shelter for the homeless set up in a Delhi suburb by BJP general secretary Vijay Goel.

A couple of weeks ago, he addressed a Pakistani Hindu migrant camp in Jodhpur.

On January 14, Bhagwat’s teammates, Suresh Joshi and Dattatreya Hosabale, are scheduled to be in Delhi to speak to BJP leaders. Once the exercise is over, a formal announcement of Gadkari’s re-anointment is on the cards, unless the RSS’s blueprint is stymied by surprise developments.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130109/j ... Oy-J-Tfg44
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

The above article is a spin by Telegraph.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Yaddi will be a problem in near term. It would be wise to bring him back into party. But he is quite adament person and difficult to manage. The paid media did their level best to kill BJP in Karnataka.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Everyday is depressing for us bharatiyas either there is scam, rape, brazen killing of our brave men with no revenge, dipping economic growth rates, riots or some moron being openly anti-national with a feckless establishment. I am not sure for how long we can be positive and stay optimistic. REminds me of some dialogues from leader movie in telugu

"Janam visiki poyaru ee nayakulatho"
"mana thathalu chepparu mana desam abhivruddhi chende desam ani mana nanalu kuda adhe cheparu manamu adhe mana pillalaki cheptham"

Even Shishupala had only 100 chances to err but our GoI errs to no end as if we are cursed when will there be a morning :((
ravi_shankar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ravi_shankar »

Don't think NM would come so soon into the limelight... i think he is probably moving his pieces in the background..there was also a report that his "core" team have identified close to 250 Loksabha seats similar to the 117 they had identified for the assembly polls. They must have already started working on those winnable seats..mostly urban/semi urban
given the tamasha we are seeing in AP, i believe that NM might help consolidate votes in AP where the BJP doesn't have any solid base...
Prob could be karnataka where yeddy needs to be weaned back..
TN could go a big way to Amma if the sibling rivalry continues in DMK..n there are no signs that it will ebb.
I believe that NM didn't want to get exposed to UP during the Assembly elections so as to not become predictable..he will be there in UP for the general elections and the suprise and novelty factor alone could could bring one of the huge gains for BJP..
Bihar would be left to the other Modi and Nitish if he still remains..dont think Nitish will jump the ship given the bad responses he is getting for the adhikaari yatra..
MP and Chattisgarh are safe..
Rajasthan should also turn out good nos for BJP.
If there is an agreement between the thackerays and NM for the general election, i could see close to 30 odd seats for this combination..
It is left to be seen what Mamata does..might go separately and then prob align with BJP post elections cuz there is no other alternative for her..
If UPA tries to bring fwd the elections in 2013 ..which i dont see it happening given the spate of bad news that are coming.. i think BJP needs to be prepared in case such a situation arises..

my humble 2 cents onlee..
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Sushupti wrote:
Sanku wrote:Albatrossinflight does not seem very credible, in general, just another random twit on twitter. Not everyone on right of center is intelligent.
Wow!!, he is a big fan your favorite Mirza Raja. May be you can express your opinion about him as comment to his article.
Sushputi-ji; not everyone takes a knee jerk either or response based on which hot buttons are pushed. People can be right once or twice and still be wrong many other times. I believe in understanding and deciding per issues rather than rehotrical my side vs your side, based on preconviced ill understood notions.

As I said just because you have to have no brains to be left-liberal, it does not mean everyone on the right is intelligent.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

All these areas where secular outbursts have targetted the communal majority - from Dhule in MH (latest round of physical outbursts) to Nirmal-adilabad to some dozen odd towns in UP post Akhilesh's swearing in to parts of kerala to asom to ... etc etc.

I'd be interested in seeing if there has been significant communal polarization in these areas or not.

The hill states - UT and HP seem to gift their 8 seats to the INC everytime nowadays aajkal I'm worried to notice only... Odisha and WB also remain holdouts where BJP is concerned.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Namo may not try to peak early. Just like BJP did in 2004. Timing is also important.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Sushupti wrote:
Sushupti wrote:quote]THE CONTRARIAN POLITICAL CURRENTS OF KARNATAKA
Albatrossinflight

2) In Bagalkot/Bijapur districts: Pramod Mutalik, that much hated man by the English speaking gentry (even of the right persuasion), has tremendous influence in these districts, so much so that at least 4-5 sitting legislators of the BJP owe their victories to Mr Mutalik. If one were to visit small towns and villages like Jamakhandi, Rabkavi, Banhatti et al, one would realize the importance of his political organizational skills. Ask any young kid in these villages and they will tell you that their entire “village will vote as per Mutalik mama’s wishes”. Today Pramod Mutalik is working tirelessly for BSY & KJP in this region!
http://centreright.in/2013/01/the-contr ... OxNZIM818E
Better to be on the wrong side of Mutalik and his goons.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

The problem with Namo is not his popularity all over India, but his organizational understanding outside of Gujarat and Himachal (prabhari for these states before becoming CM). BJP (or for that matter any party) when it comes to power, it is combination of a popular leader and the organizational strength. In 1990 BJP tehre were popular leaders, but there were astute state prabharis - O P Mathur, Narendra Modi, master strategist - Nanaji, Govindacharya etc etc. As 1990 rolled by BJP gained power and politicians from state started becoming CM and central ministers. They sometime clashed with these RSS appointees, sometime bypassed them. The RSS prabharis also either left for God's dham or left the party. Now you have SK as strategist and (recent news other RSS prabhari of Uttrakhand/Jharkhand/Karnataka probabbly not being that effective). One other important person, PM(ahajan) loss broke that feedback loop b/w RSS and BJP at electoral level).
NM can score so wonderfully in Gujarat is because he knows that state inside out (starting from serving as a Tea stall boy to managing small elections in the state to becoming prabhari of all). He is a gifted campaigner. Before BJP came to power in Gujarat, it had something called Nyay Yatra, that brought BJP to power there, brainchild of someone by the name of NM. He had another brilliant idea called rath yatra of 1990 (RJM was someone else brainchild), that changed the face of politics and made ABV PM. He also had few other yatras that were not that successful (in one being with MMJ from Kanyakumari till JK). His winning Gujarat is no surprise. His winning outside of Gujarat is the challenge.
NM has always been an organizational man (and his ticket to success and victory). He added crowd pulling face of his when others failed (Keshubhai or Shankersingh). But lets not get ahead of ourselves, he wins mainly because of the organization (that he help built and was in charge of) and less with Charisma.
Outside of Guj he has Charisma, but he needs that organizational strength. Current crop of BJP and RSS prabharis are not up to scratch (just going by election result). The first priority is to get that going, right people, right place (they are there; a good leader job is to find and empower them). 2014 is for BJP (or Namo) to win or lose. The charisma side of the equation is solved (and that alone will not win the election), the org side needs to be put in place.
I have my own theory on what went wrong (with examples), in the winning formula that BJP had, but that's for some other day.
rgds,
fanne
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So what to make of Jharakhand natak?

Why doesn't the BJP recommend dissloving the Assy?
But then Governor might not like to listen to BJP.

So President rule till INC-JMM tieup is created?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Fanneji

Your logic is for normal elections. But when things go out of hand the people come to vote on their own and give clear mandate.

There are many examples - RG's unprecedented mandate after IG death, INC mandate after RG death and so on.

The 2014 elections are going to be such a watershed moment.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Happy, Mr. jaitly?
Particularly galling is that India should play cricket with Pakistan when Pakistan has not brought to justice the 26/11 terrorists led by Hafiz Mohammed Sayeed of the Lashkar-e-Toiba. The ruling Congress at the Centre is a corrupt and venal party of dalals and one of its dalal representatives in the greedy BCCI moved hell and earth to get the Pakistani cricket team to India. Much cash was presumably made in the deal which is par for the course for Congressmen. But the man whose silence on the Indo-Pak matches is most intriguing is Arun Jaitley who is one of the 2014 prime minister candidates for the Bharatiya Janata Party and a senior functionary of the BCCI. When the aforementioned Congress fixer who struts about in photo-opportunities with the prime minister was faced with attacks on the matches, he promptly named Jaitley as party to the decision, and of course Jaitley did not contradict him. This writer opposed the matches, nearly the only media person to do so. Now, Jaitley, after Tuesday’s incident, when Pakistani regulars beheaded an Indian jawan and slit another’s throat, suddenly finds his voice, saccharine with emotion, to say “red lines” must be drawn in dealings with Pakistan.

What about the cricket matches, Mr Jaitley?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

The C-System is doing as per their Karmic script.

Everytime it is cornered for its nepotism, sycophancy, corruption, mis-governance and apathy to Indian interests it presented a new crisis so the national focus is diverted.

But it's incompetance is such that it is failed to manage every diversion it created on its own. The unintended consequences of Napunsak's dhimmitude are adding fuel to the karma of C-System.

The only sad part in this whole saga is the self-proclaimed reformists, secularists, liberals and path finders of modern India still follow and die for this C-system.

I used to wonder why would the 72nd Akshauhini of Ravana would go into war with Rama's Vanarasena even after seeing 71 Akshauhinis of Asurics along with their commanders are slayed infront of their own eyes. Now I see the whole Ramayana play infront of my eyes.