Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by SaiK »

are we heading for shah-r-e-awe laws? :)
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

RamaY wrote:Now is the time to break the back of AAP in Delhi by splitting it.
Earlier SS was asking his followers for opinion.
At least 10MLAs have to be taken out.

Harshavardhan deserves to be Delhi CM.
Dissolve the Assembly and conduct election in three months flat.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Namo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

harbans wrote:Aaptards saying exit polls show EVMs have been rigged. :-o
They are setting stage for the specter Modi win and take tegu help from the likes of BBC and the oh so wise ex president jimmy carter who gas been observer to several elections to make a high ullage gulla.
If cong(I) wins then also same will work and also the truth. But AAP will be on their own with a reach of their followers in metros - the top 10 % of them - who spent money on them expecting returns in contracts etc.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

dilbu, your three whines represents:
see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Single day voting in the future..
It can be setup in 5 years flat!
online, on device, remote, booths, vans, laptops

single day secured voting, and no EVMs.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Is there any chance for spliting TMC in Bengal and get rid of BDPiggie hugging Diddi?
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

^^

TMC in current form is a transient entity. Either TMC or Cong will fold up.
In Bengal it will be hard Hindu right, a Muslim right (a lean TMC or Cong or Muslim League types) and communists for long run. Commies are yet to reach their low mark figure, so their vote share will continue to drop.

These 3 political poles cater to 3 different groups with irreconcilable interests.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

muraliravi wrote:Is it just me who thinks that MSM is busy trying to tie up Amit Shah back to Gujarat. They fear the worst if Amit bhai become the next home minister.

Lets all trend Amitshah for Home.
+1000. I am with you. Amit Shah as HM will destroy Congress and all anti-India forces. He will ensure modi sarkar in 2019. Imagine what he can do with CBI, IB, NIA, paramilitary etc.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

^^ Bengali Hindus apparently have not smelled extinction yet unlike the Assamese non-Muslims. Perhaps its the lower key takeover of land in WB and the common language, dunno. When the Muslim League types either thru TMC or an AIUDF type outfit get in bed with the commies to jointly fight against the Hindu right will the tubelight go on. Hopefully it isn't too late by then.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Victor wrote:^^ Bengali Hindus apparently have not smelled extinction yet unlike the Assamese non-Muslims. Perhaps its the lower key takeover of land in WB and the common language, dunno. When the Muslim League types either thru TMC or an AIUDF type outfit get in bed with the commies to jointly fight against the Hindu right will the tubelight go on. Hopefully it isn't too late by then.
WB Hindus will be frogs in boiling water...
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

SaiK wrote:Single day voting in the future..

And full of Magic controlled by National Security Agency from our Beloved Unkil.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Atri wrote:of course it is.. he was going scott free in UPA regime.. Lets see what happens to him in NDA..
Account suspended. :)
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

^^

For Bengal please plot BJP vote share since 2009 for all types of elections. That will give you an answer whether the water has boiled enough or not.
Atleast they are fighting in countryside and not getting converted for a bag of rice and turning Bengal into a EJ stronghold.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

chaanakya wrote:
SaiK wrote:Single day voting in the future..

And full of Magic controlled by National Security Agency from our Beloved Unkil.
impossible! we will have our own encryption and authentication system. voter registration gives only one key to one place or location or device [perhaps the key is read from smart card itself].

DDoS denial built in

prevention of even presentation of voting screen if duplicate found.

prevention with time lags of min 30 second per vote from the same location.

etc.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

And says Hu??
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Victor wrote:^^ Bengali Hindus apparently have not smelled extinction yet unlike the Assamese non-Muslims. Perhaps its the lower key takeover of land in WB and the common language, dunno. When the Muslim League types either thru TMC or an AIUDF type outfit get in bed with the commies to jointly fight against the Hindu right will the tubelight go on. Hopefully it isn't too late by then.
You have to read between the lines what I've posted (not even asking you trawl the internet for off MSM reports from Bengal countryside).
Take the commie vote share from current polls, take the M population as roughly similar to poll number and subtract that from Bengal's polling figures (always very high). You'll get the picture what's gonna happen in 5 years from now.

FWIW, even keep watchers of WB politics are surprised at the speed of transition that we were wishing must happen.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

muraliravi wrote:Is it just me who thinks that MSM is busy trying to tie up Amit Shah back to Gujarat. They fear the worst if Amit bhai become the next home minister.

Hmm - I was hoping to have Amit Shah become president of BJP - the BJP could use a strong party leader. We have had a series of charlatans, and not since Advani gave up his position of party president in 96 have we had a good president. Bangaru Laxman could have been one, but he was trapped in that bribery business (does anyone other than me think it is fishy? To meet a party president over a deal, you have to go through so many hoops, background checks are done, etc. That business of him taking bribes - that too a paltry amount of a few lakhs - was too convenient.). I was hoping to have Amit Shah become party president after Rajnath becomes Minister in NaMo cabinet. But Amit Bhai as HM is also tempting, so will tweet that MuraliRavi-ji, with your permission.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

bhakt, we should bring it on in a separate thread. what you say is more important to hacking, and that is how we make things secure. otoh, why do you say it is not?
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Aplogies in advance I really dont like to make generalized comments on community but in my limited interaction with Bengali folks in university my impression has been that long commie rule has brainwashed the generation into pseudo secularism. They were most anti BJP always doubting hindu scriptures but silent on peaceful and loving religions. Many famous intellectuals opposing modi in US and EU also belong to Bengal. Perhaps people are identifying more along lingusitic and cultural lines than religious
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^you have the commies in tamils, malloos and few others as well.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

SaiK wrote: impossible! we will have our own encryption and authentication system. voter registration gives only one key to one place or location or device [perhaps the key is read from smart card itself].

DDoS denial built in

prevention of even presentation of voting screen if duplicate found.

prevention with time lags of min 30 second per vote from the same location.

etc.
Political parties of muscle and money will welcome your proposal.

the person giving 500 will sit beside that person to make sure who that person votes. :rotfl:
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Brad Goodman wrote:Aplogies in advance I really dont like to make generalized comments on community but in my limited interaction with Bengali folks in university my impression has been that long commie rule has brainwashed the generation into pseudo secularism. They were most anti BJP always doubting hindu scriptures but silent on peaceful and loving religions. Many famous intellectuals opposing modi in US and EU also belong to Bengal. Perhaps people are identifying more along lingusitic and cultural lines than religious
They are for Bengal what Lutyens elite are for India.
Bengal gave a loud and clear mandate in 2011 and commie vote share is reducing day by day. One, of course is free to take the impression gained of few "intellectuals" against a whole population. But then it shows the observer's bias not the subjects preferences.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

nageshks wrote:

Hmm - I was hoping to have Amit Shah become president of BJP - the BJP could use a strong party leader. We have had a series of charlatans, and not since Advani gave up his position of party president in 96 have we had a good president. Bangaru Laxman could have been one, but he was trapped in that bribery business (does anyone other than me think it is fishy? To meet a party president over a deal, you have to go through so many hoops, background checks are done, etc. That business of him taking bribes - that too a paltry amount of a few lakhs - was too convenient.). I was hoping to have Amit Shah become party president after Rajnath becomes Minister in NaMo cabinet. But Amit Bhai as HM is also tempting, so will tweet that MuraliRavi-ji, with your permission.

AS as HM is the logical choice. However, I feel NM might take a less controversial route.

-M
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

In addition to other role for Amit Shah I would like to see him as Chairman of National Commission for Minorities as a Jain.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

pankajs wrote:In addition to other role for Amit Shah I would like to see him as Chairman of National Commission for Minorities as a Jain.
You are pure evil. :twisted:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I would like to see the so called Defenders of minorities on national television after it is announced especially the usual suspects on NDTV, CNN IBN and TimesNow. 8)
Last edited by pankajs on 13 May 2014 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

nageshks wrote:

Absolutely, please go ahead.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

pankajs wrote:In addition to other role for Amit Shah I would like to see him as Chairman of National Commission for Minorities as a Jain.
Brilliant, I am stunned. That would be good too. I have to say, Amit Bhai is a gem of a find by BJP/RSS. He surely is the man of this match if Modi becomes PM.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

SRoy wrote: Take the commie vote share from current polls, take the M population as roughly similar to poll number and subtract that from Bengal's polling figures (always very high). You'll get the picture what's gonna happen in 5 years from now.

FWIW, even keep watchers of WB politics are surprised at the speed of transition that we were wishing must happen.
If only something similar would happen to Kerala! But I am beginning to lose hope of Kerala ever stepping out of the vicious Cong-Commie swap cycle, and I am afraid that Hindus of Malabar are likely to share the fate of the Kashmiri Pandits. Hindus here are not only almost down to around 50% (in the entire state), they are also economically weaker than Muslims, possibly Christians too, thanks to Gulf money. Things have become so bad that I am seeing a steady stream of migrations of Malayali and Tulu Hindus from the Fort Bekal area to Mangalore and Bangalore, particularly the younger folk. In Kasargod, where Hindus can't buy property in the Fort Bekal region (some of my relations tried to start a hospital there, but were chased out by continuous harassment by some peaceful folks and I am told that something similar is happening farther south, in the countryside around Kozhikode.), Hindus have been exercised with the particularly vital question of whether Ezhava == Thiyya (Now, don't ask me the answer - I have not the faintest clue), rather than their own survival. In this poll, Hindus have split between BJP and CPM on this issue, so a IUML-ish Congressman, T Siddique, may end up winning the seat.

Kozhikode may end up in the hands of the Congress too, since the city seems to have voted somewhat in favour of the BJP (the parts of the city where BJP folk could go, by the way, since some areas are Communist strongholds where they do not tolerate communal folks like BJP agents coming in), while the Hindus in the countryside are still with the Left.

Vadakara and Wayanad are gone as well, both are Christian-Muslim strongholds where BJP folks can't even go in half the places to canvass, and Kannur is a hyper-violent red district, where BJP has not the faintest chance. Also, in Kannur, you never know which side even RSS folks are on on any given day - there is a split of the week phenomenon, whereby RSS folks routinely break away from the parent organisation around election time to help the Left win. Ponnani and Malappuram are, of course, completely peaceful regions, and regularly elect IUML, which campaigns with Pakistani leaders posters. That leaves only Palakkad, in the far south of Malabar. No idea about this constituency. If anyone knows anything, please do post about BJP in Palakkad in this particular election.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

virupaksha, if we have 800 million voters, we can't have 800 million muscle proxy behind each. there is a % of unscruplous elements that needs to be nabed as well. traps can be laid.

your situation is valid for EVMs as well. You are generalizing to accept EVMs are the best in the world out there for the democracy to survive. No it is not. Nevertheless, if two people enter the booth, then there is something really wrong with our people than the system itself.

correct them, arrest them, put them in jail.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

nageshji,

Yes, I find the Kerala situation perplexing. Among the so called intellectual classes the Mallu ones are not as vicious as the Bong ones. Among the masses Mallu biraders are far better informed about security issues. But when it comes to voting it doesn't makes any sense.

In case of WB, few things helps. Complete washout of commies, absence of caste divide, M appeasement out in open, Jihadi offensive in countryside getting some organized resistance. In case of Kerala, probably M appeasement is overtly visible but on rest counts we are on negative marks.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

chaanakya wrote:
You are pure evil. :twisted:
This is a brilliant idea.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

It is not M appeasement per se in KL, it is more off commie appeasement. log kya bole ge if we switch from commie centric vision to capitalism loving society. the poor of KL will start owning cars, and there would not be any drivers or maids left in KL to serve their masters.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

SaiK wrote:and there would not be any drivers or maids left in KL to serve their masters.
I thought they have left for Gelf already :D
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

to add to what SRoy is saying, BJP is predicted to get 15% of total vote in WB. remember this is a state where state BJP leaders are relative unknowns, cadre strength is nearly non-existent and even where it exists it's too inexperienced to be of much use.
imagine what it can become if BJP in WB becomes a visible opposition under a strong leader.

there are places in BD bordering districts where sangh parivar groups organise show of strengths in the form of parades with open swords and martial arts that pass through the heart of the town without bothering much about if it is majority dominated or otherwise. ;)
I am not sure there are many other places in India where people would have guts to hold such a march in an area dominated by .. even when the ruling party was 110% 'secular'.

sometime back I talked to a see-near gent of the WB pulis intel branch, same guys who gave the report about WB elections that lead to mamata having headaches. this person was looking after "hindoo communal orgs". he narrated the way rss was moving ahead in leaps and bounds (this was b4 modi as PM talk started) and most surprisingly, after I hinted a bit about my own leanings, he was quite appreciative of the role rss plays in safeguarding the life and dignity of poor hindus in rural bengal.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

If BJP gets 10-20% in WB, KL and TN, then it -is a- Tusnami.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

If WB, TN, and KL give BJP 15% vote, it will be a slap on both TG and SA's collective faces.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

आज तक ‏@aajtak 2h

BREAKING NEWS: NDA के चेयरपर्सन बनाए जा सकते हैं लालकृष्ण आडवाणी: सूत्र #AajTakNo1 ...http://bit.ly/Live_Breaking_News
LKA Chairperson of NDA .. respectable but off the main path .. can be worse .. possible.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Makes sense in case BJP alone reaches 272 then LKA might as well can play manjeera as NDA's chairperson. :rotfl: