Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Vayutuvan »

Kati wrote:\How about bop forms a minority gov, and uses the next six months to provide good governance and strengthens its base?
Minority govt. is not consistent with good governance. For the latter you need freedom of action.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KLP Dubey wrote:The current "dilli sultanate" is of illegitimate and foreign origin. The "shehzada" is the progeny of an Italian house cleaner/waitress of uncertain parentage, and an Indian who is himself of illegitimate origin. Their main interest is to insert anti-national forces in all corners of Bharat to loot the Indians and leave them with nothing but the bible in their hands. Ajit Jogi in a recent interview folded his hands high in the air and declared "I do not work for anyone except Mrs. Sonia Gandhi". Clearly neither the people of Bharat nor of the great state of Chhattisgarh are on his mind. I am delighted that this abominable individual has been thwarted yet again.
Boss, please to get back to your normal rational self. A request onlee.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

rather than waste cycles trying to rule delhi with AAP & congis playing spoiler at every step, better to let Delhi be under presidents rule for some time and instead focus on the main battle in the LS. this will free up resources.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

the message is for good governance.. not about aap, bjp or kangrez.. people have now seen what modi can do in Gujarat.. so they would definitely try out in nationals.. these are state elections anyway, but bjp has to be extremely careful in reading people's mind.. it is the effect of governance, rather a wave like you would get for a dynasty.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

AAPs main focus wiuld now be urban voters for the lok sabha elections. That is a demographic that Namo is actively courting, amongst others. Letting aap form a govt in delhi would be counterproductive to this cause. Form a govt and put the aap on a pedestal and let them show if they can indeed perform well as elected reps. Letting them form a govt will only mean more eyeballs to their cause and more msm coverage for the next 6 months. Otoh if bjp gets to form a govt, announce a slew of measures :women's safety, power problem, etc etc that harshvardhan talked about and the opposition would have to go along or risk being seen as against the good of the people. Win win.
KLP Dubey
BRFite

Post by KLP Dubey »

matrimc wrote:
KLP Dubey wrote:Boss, please to get back to your normal rational self. A request onlee.
Boss, I am stating the truth and reporting what I saw. There is nothing irrational in this.
Last edited by KLP Dubey on 09 Dec 2013 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

if aaps main focus is urban, then it is all written on their face about the results. aaps can't survive in rural areas then.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Big part of AAP's appeal, especially their freshness, idealism etc - is the fact that they're so far untainted by 'real' power.

Let them taste power first and then see what happens to their tall claims of being 'magnificiently different from the BJP & Cong' type 'establishment parties'.

The touch of power is the death of idealism. Pragmatism, realpolitik, compromises, moderation etc become inevitable. The sAAP aura of perfect purity cannot surive a single swearing in, IMHO.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

After Mizoram results are declared and one more day afer that for chatter plan to close this thread and start a new one.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

note his facial expression yesterday...even TI after a 4-0 thrashing back in the old days wasnt so happy looking. the smug look of a guy who knows his job is safe, no matter how bad the outcomes :twisted:

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^the same smug face one can see from a spoilt amrikhan rich kid
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yes , with parents wealthy and well connected enough to score a priority paying seat in yale or princeton, with a bmw3 from day1 and luxury off-campus dorm for acco.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Seems more like the smile of a retard who doesn't even know he's been hit, let alone what hit him.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

meanwhile Mizoram has started counting
Cong ahead in 1
remember it is a 40 seat assembly with 21 as the majority
BJP is not in the fray so if there is a hung assembly or worse then that means Congi =0 Congress Mukt Bharat(CMB)=5
go CMB go.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Those are fake smiles -- just as they are fake Gandhis. They are slowly becoming the butt of jokes even in MSM. Yesterday, Jayanti Natarajan got p***ed off by the sniggering of some panelists (I think on Arnab's show).
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

KLP Dubey wrote: Dharmasya glanir bhavati. The current "dilli sultanate" is of illegitimate and foreign origin. The "shehzada" is the progeny of an Italian house cleaner/waitress of uncertain parentage, and an Indian who is himself of illegitimate origin. Their main interest is to insert anti-national forces in all corners of Bharat to loot the Indians and leave them with nothing but the bible in their hands. Ajit Jogi in a recent interview folded his hands high in the air and declared "I do not work for anyone except Mrs. Sonia Gandhi". Clearly neither the people of Bharat nor of the great state of Chhattisgarh are on his mind. I am delighted that this abominable individual has been thwarted yet again.
KL
BS post and you will receive a warning for this. I have been watching your posts, your sarcasm which you have been using on some gullible members here. Shape up or I'll ship you back to the hole where you crept out of. We allow you and your ilk to stay here, it does not mean you will start with your mission to dilute and degrade discussions here. First and last warning.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KLP Dubey wrote:Boss, I am stating the truth and reporting what I saw. There is nothing irrational in this.
OK then. How does "unsubstantiated" sound?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Hari Seldon wrote:The touch of power is the death of idealism. Pragmatism, realpolitik, compromises, moderation etc become inevitable. The sAAP aura of perfect purity cannot surive a single swearing in, IMHO.
A prophecy very well articulated. +1(08)
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Even so far in Mizoram. Cong 2, MNF 2 out of 4.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Prasad wrote:AAPs main focus wiuld now be urban voters for the lok sabha elections. That is a demographic that Namo is actively courting, amongst others. Letting aap form a govt in delhi would be counterproductive to this cause.
As things stand AAP can't form a govt. without Congress support. If they do, they are guaranteed to lose many of their voters the next time around.
Form a govt and put the aap on a pedestal and let them show if they can indeed perform well as elected reps. Letting them form a govt will only mean more eyeballs to their cause and more msm coverage for the next 6 months. Otoh if bjp gets to form a govt, announce a slew of measures :women's safety, power problem, etc etc that harshvardhan talked about and the opposition would have to go along or risk being seen as against the good of the people. Win win.
The problem is, the BJP will be able to pass only those bills which have AAP approval. The government will be hostage to the opposition considering that they can bring it down whenever they want.
KLP Dubey
BRFite

Post by KLP Dubey »

matrimc wrote:
KLP Dubey wrote:Boss, I am stating the truth and reporting what I saw. There is nothing irrational in this.
OK then. How does "unsubstantiated" sound?
Not on the mark yet. Apparently you are not well acquainted with published material on the antecedents of the sultana and the shehzada. It is common knowledge at this point. Regarding Ajit Jogi's servile worship of "madam sonia", the footage is in the NDTV video archives from the last 3 weeks or so.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

This is the smile that u give when u loose something that u have not hard earned. U donot understand the value of the loss. In family based model this is a logic outcome.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

RAG and SOG are used to getting things for free and hence they also believe in giving things for free. In that process they have managed to ruin not only the nation but also their own party
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

nachiket wrote: The problem is, the BJP will be able to pass only those bills which have AAP approval. The government will be hostage to the opposition considering that they can bring it down whenever they want.
let AAp oppose the bills related to the good of the populace and BJP to chest beat about their mischief and we shall see how they
explain that to their electorate.
meanwhile in Mizoram
INC leads in 6
MDA leads in 2
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Ah.. A quick quiz. Which is the fastest growing startup today , founded by an IIT-ian? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

aap to bataye!

aap is planning big for Bangalore, and Mumbai.. perhaps going all places where technology can be started up!
Last edited by SaiK on 09 Dec 2013 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KLP Dubey wrote:Apparently you are not well acquainted with published material on the antecedents of the sultana and the shehzada.
May be so. I am happy to wallow in my own ignorance for now. (but not in the OOI thread where I do/did appreciate your views on pratisakhya).
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

from toilet
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Cong 8/11, MDF 2/11, Others 1/11.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Now its 12/14 for Cong. Landslide? :-?
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

I for one am really glad that BJP has indicated that it will not form a government in Delhi, as it lacks the numbers

Let Fordriwal try teaming up with Congress or also decline to form the government as well, in which case Delhi goes under President's rule and has a re-election. This would be a good outcome for the BJP as it would box Fordriwal in Delhi for the next six months, and require for AAP to try repeating the youth mobilization. Would be tough given that such movements are not known to be enduring

The only challenge would be if Fordriwal forms the government and indulges in sheer gimmickry till the time to LS 2104..........too early for the ill-effects of their inexperience (and their ideology) to show up but enough time to claim that they "are trying but how the establishment is not letting them function..."

Still worth the risk for BJP IMHO, especially if they utilize these six months to visibly embark on some big ticket items to show their experience and commitment in governance in the three states, also to demonstrate to Delhites what they have missed out on thanks to their stupidities

Ah well, interesting times.....
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, maybe I missed it, but I did not see too much coverage of Indian state elections in US media like NYT etc. Reason I am tad surprised is because with all the hoopla over Arab spring, the 99% movement, tea party etc; grass-roots, common folk taking on the established power brokers, I would have thought that AAP winning in Delhi is a shining example of democracy at work, whether I like Kejriwaal or not :-), and it would make international news.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

One question, is Congress (I) got registered as INC now? Yesterday some one in Times Now was claiming this
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

vina wrote:Ah.. A quick quiz. Which is the fastest growing startup today , founded by an IIT-ian? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
goa bjp ? :mrgreen: :P
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Good point CRamS. I too scanned the online stuff. By the way if you follow links from goog news, you would find only Delhi results. All others are relegated to small print as an afterthought.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

This morning I had the same question re cong(I) becoming INC. what is the story behind this? Because all the freedom fight stalwarts worked under the INC banner so all parties can claim them as their own unless Cong(I) managed to get INC moniker recently.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

these are local elections anyways right? I am sure there would be a bit more massan coverage had it been lok sabha.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The US press are idiots and don't really understand the rest of the world, particularly large messy parliamentary democracies like India, but this isn't anything new as similar has happened in the past. You have the queer-loving, unwed mother promoting sources like the Huffington Post and then the racists neo-fascists of the Drudge Report. Very little in between and most Americans, who want international news, have to get it from crap publications like the Economist.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

SaiK wrote:these are local elections anyways right? I am sure there would be a bit more massan coverage had it been lok sabha.
The population of Delhi and the 3 states is about 200 million. So, this is significant when 70+% of registered voters came to the polls. It should have been world wide headlines, but oh-well, more importantly the BJP got nearly 2/3 of all votes.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Mort Walker,

Man that was harsh :-). Ariana Huffington is very smart lady, this is OT, but I think she also leads endgadget a good website for latest technology trends.