Post by pankajs »

Derogatory tweets may cost Kamaal Khan his candidature
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-d ... re-1974709
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by pankajs »

Shiv Aroor ‏@ShivAroor 10m

Bihar Speaker, JDU's Uday Narayan Chaudhary has 'arrangement' with Maoists for polls: Mail Today's Abhishek Bhalla accesses secret IB note.
------------------------------>
Tajinder Pal S Bagga ‏@tajinderbagga 2h

Congress MP Sukhdev singh libra resigns and join Akali dal
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Is that the singer kamal khan? the one hit wonder?
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

^^

Some b grade Bihari actor of pissfull extraction
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I guess if we think most congi candidates are of undistinguished nature, we have not dug into the SP/BSP type candidates yet.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

I am very very happy of Modi has achieved in some spheres, intentionally by him or not.

1. Press is now openly questioning psuedo-secularism.Commitment to secularism and progressiveness of Bukhari is openly being questioned now. This was unimaginable until now.
2. Spillover effect of Modi into neighbouring nations. Akhanda Bharatha separated fragments will now see Modi effect on them, Nepal could well become a Hindu country again, Bangladesh could see the current govt carrying on with further culling of the rabid Islamists etc etc.
3. Countries with Indian civilizational influence want to cooperate more with India. Japan, China, Russia, SE Asia.
4. politicians will never in the future bring up secularism as most of them invited Modi with open hands exposing their hollow ideologies. Development will be the subject of choice in further elections. The only excuse that the congress had has thus been erased.

We now have people in BR more actively speaking of reclaiming the lost parts of Akhand Bharatham. Amazing! See the kind of effect Modi is having. This will slowly percolate into more youth in India and they will openly question the status quo in Kashmir, Tibet, Bangladesh etc. Modi may not even realize the benign effect he has had on the nation's character and morale. May his tribe increase!

Modi may well be the Kali Bhagavan cleaning up the politics of India of its Mlecchas. There is still hope in kali yuga.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

archan wrote:Is that the singer kamal khan? the one hit wonder?
Just googled him, he looks ridiculous. Must be the power star Srinivasan or Sam Anderson of Bihari cinema.
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

Speaking to some well connected people in Jaipur, they claim that the Congress will win 5 to 7 seats here.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Alok Bhatt ‏@alok_bhatt 1m

Etawah Congress candidate joins BJP...LOL
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

CSDS Leaks for today

Delhi has flipped, BJP beats AAP, set to be no. 1 party in Delhi

UP BJP vote share goes up by 1% compared to Jan tracker.

Jan tracker for UP BJP was 38% vote, 41-49 seats. Now it is 39% vote. Not sure if seats will go up or not.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India Today ‏@IndiaToday 21m

Mulayam threatens to withdraw permanent status granted to Shiksha Mitras if they don't vote for SP in UP rally.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

On a different note,

BJP has still not released its Manifesto and may release it on April 7th the day of the 1st phase of elections.

What a shame and such scant regard for democracy for a party that talks so much about democracy. They will have 1000 explanations for the delay, but at the end of the day, it shows how shallow they are in their commitment on letting voters know what they plan to do if given an opportunity. People can always argue that Namo is explaining all that in his speeches, but that is not true, he is not covering all issues. Whether it affects them electorally or not, they have definitely let some people down and certainly the spirit of democracy.

Now some gossip, I heard that there is some serious fist fighting going on between RSS and BJP over issue like Temple, UCC, Article 370, Meat Export etc.. My gut feeling based on Namo's speeches etc.. is that there is no major issue over all the topics, just the niti gritties, but the temple maybe an issue. Some in Namo's team want to drop it. Please take this info with a bucket of salt.
Sanjay
BRFite

Post by Sanjay »

I agree with you on this one. Release should be for the latest Saturday. Perhaps something can still be done ?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I think they should delay it further.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

harbans wrote:I think they should delay it further.
From a tactical perspective, that may not be a bad idea. For all khujli i have on them not releasing it, it makes sense for them to delay it from an electoral perspective. 99.9999% of voters dont read any party's manifesto. MSM will go full blown on the manifesto if it has mandir and it will go full blown and demoralize karyakartas is it does not. So best solution, delay it.
Sanjay
BRFite

Post by Sanjay »

pankajs, are those screencaps for Delhi ?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Yes saar
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

harbans wrote:I think they should delay it further.
Ekjetly! Why give opposition any point to scream about? The moment it is out MSM will start shouting and manufacture defects from it. The momentum is with BJP and it should not be derailed at any cost.

And wth we want agenda? Are we afraid that BJP will have worse agenda than others? Are we going to change our vote if the agenda is not 400% aligned with our views? By now we should be sure enough that NM will give a better govt then anyone else. That's the only thing that should matter at the time of casting the vote. Rest can be seen once the govt is formed. Aage ka aage dekhenge.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Murali ji, am saying from the tactical perspective only. Putting up Temple issue, FDI will be very contentious. If they come out without mentioning these then there will be heartburn and if they mention it then there will be heartburn. Either way the MSM will milk it, millions of fence sitters that are now with Modi may shift balance the other way. Everyone knows the basics of what the BJP wants. The wave is a WE TRUST NAMO one. So i feel that Modi must also get some leeway in how he intends to develop things. Modi is'nt against Ram Temple, neither am i. But can we risk 50 seats and possibly the formation of a Govt by stating so openly? I guess not. So IMO it's better if it can be postponed.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Who the hell reads them any way?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

CSDS Delhi Tracker Live

BJP 3-4 (40%)
AAP 2-3 (29%)
Cong 0-1 (22%)

For the 1st time BJP leads in their delhi tracker. I guess khujli's goose is cooked.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

abhik wrote:Who the hell reads them any way?
I for one will read it word by word. I intend to start a watchdog website to monitor their promises. But I agree with harbans ji, they can delay it.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

At this point releasing the agenda is like giving a stick to cong to beat with. On the contrary having no publicised agenda means that you are open to do anything! If we can't trust NM then we can trust no one at this juncture.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/soniaimam-meet-cec-action-after-complaint/article5867308.ece?homepage=true
We generally, in such matters (Sonia’s meeting with Shahi Imam), will take cognisance on the receipt of complaint.

We should be awaiting that,” he told reporters here.

Mr Sampath, who was replying to a question at a press conference here with regard to BJP’s demand for a sou motu cognisance of Sonia-Imam meeting on April 1, said, “As soon as it is received, we will definitely examine and further action would be taken.”

Taking strong objection to Ms Sonia’s appeal to Muslim leaders to ensure their votes are not split, BJP yesterday termed it is a violation of the Model Code of Conduct and asked the Election Commission to take suo motu note of it.

The principal opposition party also accused Congress of playing communal politics and dubbed the ruling party as “pseudo secularist”.

“This is absolute communal politics on display. This is absolutely unacceptable. This is also a violation of the Code of Conduct also because you cannot appeal to voters on the basis of religion and caste. We expect the Election Commission to take suo motu cognisance of this appeal,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar had said yesterday in Delhi.
Last edited by svenkat on 03 Apr 2014 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Sanjay
BRFite

Post by Sanjay »

pankajs, is there a link to the story from zee news as yet ?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

muraliravi wrote:On a different note,

BJP has still not released its Manifesto and may release it on April 7th the day of the 1st phase of elections.

What a shame and such scant regard for democracy for a party that talks so much about democracy. They will have 1000 explanations for the delay, but at the end of the day, it shows how shallow they are in their commitment on letting voters know what they plan to do if given an opportunity. People can always argue that Namo is explaining all that in his speeches, but that is not true, he is not covering all issues. Whether it affects them electorally or not, they have definitely let some people down and certainly the spirit of democracy.

Now some gossip, I heard that there is some serious fist fighting going on between RSS and BJP over issue like Temple, UCC, Article 370, Meat Export etc.. My gut feeling based on Namo's speeches etc.. is that there is no major issue over all the topics, just the niti gritties, but the temple maybe an issue. Some in Namo's team want to drop it. Please take this info with a bucket of salt.
As we discussed here threadbare some of these issues are like putting the cart before horse. However BJP can and must put some of these things in its manifesto. My recommendations are:
1/ Ban on Meat exports - BJP is not restricting any Indian about their food preferences. But exporting meat that too about 3-4 million cattle per year is a lot of stress on Indian eco-system and bad economics. Look at below details
Eco-footprint of a quarter pounder beef.

India exported 2.25 million tons of meat products in 2012 earning 18,000 crore Forex Income. Using above numbers it cost India the following to produce this beef.
- 57.62 million tons of animal feed (This costs anywhere between 5-10,000 crore @1000-2000 Rs/ton animal feed)
- 3.068 million acre feet of water
- 3.23 million acres of land
- 3.5 million barrels worth of crude oil energy costs about 2000 crore.
2/ Ban foreign donations to religious and NGO institutions until all the registered NGOs in India are thoroughly audited and proper licenses and tax systems are provided.

3/ Uniform Civil Code - Identify items from Muslim Personal Law that are in contradiction with Indian constitution and remove them from MPL purview

4/ A370 - Commit to remove A370 if BJP gets simple majority & work for consensus with NDA partners if not.

5/ Temple - reassert that BJP supports Temple reconstruction as its Secular duty because the Masjid there was built on top of temple.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

@Sanjay
No saar. Picked it off teetar
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Now Congress acknowledges RahulG's failure.. Pulls out the last Gandhi...
------------------------------->
Hindustan Times @htTweets 1h

Senior Congress leader Janardhan Dwivedi says Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to get bigger role in party: TV reports #ht #LSpolls
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

I fail to understand, how delaying manifesto release by 3 days is going to reduce the dent in votes due to MSM tamasha. Only 6 seats go to polls on April 7, but it definitely gives a message that the manifesto was not released until after voting started. Sounds like distributing Aamantran Patrika in vivaah mandap.

I have a feeling that more than Ram temple, there is some more profound item there which is causing so much HA/NA. Ram Mandir is a foregone conclusion even if UPA3 was to come back.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Ramay ji,the only difference between stating UCC/Temple/370 in a manifesto and quietly working to achieve it is a possibility BJP/ NDA will end a 50 seats less if stated openly. I trust that should not be difficult to understand.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

harbans wrote:Ramay ji,the only difference between stating UCC/Temple/370 in a manifesto and quietly working to achieve it is a possibility BJP/ NDA will end a 50 seats less if stated openly. I trust that should not be difficult to understand.
Agreed.. like someone said, no need for manifesto to begin with.

NM already gave his vision - the seven-Rishis and Pancha-Tanmatras etc.

Simple five point agenda:
- Educational and economic opportunities for every one.
- Good, decisive and corruption-free governance
- Enforcement of rule of law and delivery of speedy justice
- No-nonsense national security and foreign policy firmly rooted in Indian interests.
- Delivering true potential of India to every Indian.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

BTW is it legally ok if any party doesn't release its manifesto?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

CSDS Haryana (Finally they give the upper hand to BJP in Haryana)

BJP+HJC 36%
Cong 30%
INLD 16%
AAP 7%

CSDS Himachal

BJP 45%
Cong 45%
AAP 7% (AAP damaging BJP more here)

CSDS Punjab

NDA 42%
Cong 29%
AAP 14% (AAP damaging Congress here)

Net summary, the wave is only getting bigger, I see no signs of any peaking or tapering even after candidate selection. Excellent job.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

A glossy manifesto on generalities is all that is needed. It serves no purpose as the MSM will simply beat up on the NDA. They and INC will manipulate the manifesto to try to drive a wedge between NDA partners.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

kapilrdave wrote:BTW is it legally ok if any party doesn't release its manifesto?
http://eci.nic.in/eci_main1/elec_manisesto.aspx
It may be mentioned that after independence, elections in our country have been held from the year 1952 onwards. But all the political parties were not used to publishing their ideologies, policies and programmes through the publication of manifestos. Major political parties used to make public their ideologies, policies and programmes not necessarily through manifestos.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

muraliravi wrote:CSDS Haryana (Finally they give the upper hand to BJP in Haryana)

BJP+HJC 36%
Cong 30%
INLD 16%
AAP 7%

CSDS Himachal

BJP 45%
Cong 45%
AAP 7% (AAP damaging BJP more here)

CSDS Punjab

NDA 42%
Cong 29%
AAP 14% (AAP damaging Congress here)

Net summary, the wave is only getting bigger, I see no signs of any peaking or tapering even after candidate selection. Excellent job.

Muraliraviji,

Good analysis. The AAP damages INC in some states and the BJP in other states. I think better than CSDS to determine trends is to look at the crowd turnout at the Bharat Vijay rallies particularly in UP & Bihar.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Ramay ji, Art 370 for example, the solutions are there. The integration referendum is one solution. If the Paki's, Westerners, separatists are so much about having people make a choice, then they should not be averse to allowing a referendum in Jammu and Ladhak to integrate devoid of Art 370 completely with India. That would leave a rump of the valley slightly larger than NCR where we can have the same referendum if they would like to integrate with India devoid of 370 or keep 370 special status. So the solution exists and i have written about it in my blog. Many of these solutions do not deserve a manifesto declaration. In fact they cannot be, as there are legal issues and perspectives and some outside the scope to force it through without 400 seats in the parliament. The temple issue too will either be solved by the courts or will be solved by some agreements with the communities. Both don't require a manifest declaration. FDI in retail is again a tricky thing. A declaration of blanket ban in FDI retail will only be harmful to BJP interests. So it's better some of these contentious stuff simmer in the back burner for a bit of time. Let us consolidate the change first. 300 first. Manifesto later.