Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

shyamd
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by shyamd »

sum wrote:Who after me as DMK party chief ? Stalin, says Karunanidhi
Interesting story developing here...need to see how it pans out!
Did he have any other option? The options weren't good. Alagiri is a rowdy and party wouldnt back him. Kanimozhi - unlikely. Some parties in TN get their political trend/intel analysis from autorikshaws/taxi drivers. So I decided to do the same last month - the opinion is that Stalin was always bought up to be the successor from day 1. Stalin is suffering from cancer - lets see what happens.

--------------------------
JJ internal target is 30 LS seats and then form alliance with the winner (be it UPA or NDA). ADMK have begun their 2014 activities with ministers giving motivational speeches to party cadre.

JJ recently put off an internal coup attempt to replace her as CM.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

shyamd wrote:

Interesting more details please.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://www.apherald.com/Politics/ViewAr ... CBN-effect
The Telugu Desam Party president Chandrababu Naidu has been successfully continuing his padayatra named ‘Vastunna…Mee Kosam’ and most importantly, he had a very smooth and successful run in the Telangana region. Today, he is entering the hotbed of Telangana ie Warangal. In between his journey, Naidu came up with many assurances and promises which sounded very reasonable and practical. This has boosted the confidence of the voters on the TDP and also on Naidu. But this kind of positive reaction from the masses has put the TRS chief KCR into a negative mode. It is heard that KCR got into a panic mode looking at the momentum for Naidu and he is now addressing the crowds coming up with a list of assurances and waivers for the people. But all this looks like a copycat job for many. The fact remains that except strong statements KCR has not done a single useful thing for Telangana region and now this panic following.
Not sure how much of this is speculation or truth. Naidu does not have any passion which can stir people. He is organizer and deliverer but not an inspirer where as Modi has all of these qualities. Naidu does not know how to turn people around to his point of view either, another quality of a leader. May be he is trying to do that in Telangana.

http://www.apherald.com/Politics/ViewAr ... -Telangana
he Telugu Desam Party president Chandrababu Naidu is currently touring the Telangana region as part of his ‘Vastunna Mee Kosam’ padayatra and he has been getting a good response from the people. With the all party meet over, Naidu has reiterated that TDP is not opposed to the Telangana issue. He may have his political reasons behind the stand but for now it looks like the Telangana people are slowly getting convinced with Babu’s stand on the issue. More than the granting of separate state, it is heard that the people are having confidence that Babu is one man who has a vision to bring development to the region. On a parallel note, the faith in the TRS party has dipped in a strong way and it is looking clear that if they have to win a good majority of seats in the Telangana region, they have to do so using money power more than sentiment. Overall, the target of Chandrababu Naidu in Telangana seems to be in achievable range now.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

^^Importantly, he walked longest, 1500 KMs, in last 3 months. It is record political campaign by any political leader as per news below. Hopefully, such campaign will pay when it comes to elections

http://www.andhraheadlines.com/state/de ... 09937.html
When Naidu reached Valluruguda of Warangal district, he crossed the 1500 km. On the occasion, he laid a stone, commemorating the event.

Speaking on the occasion, party MLC Rajendra Prasad said Naidu has created a record by walking the longest distance ever, by any political leader.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

But if AP is divided today, CBN will not have much of future left for him in near or even midterm. He is already 64 and division will leave TDP fully destroyed in non telangana region and he is an outsider in Telangana area anyway. So his future is secure as long as INC does not give telangana - Fortunately as per the informed reports there will be no Telangana and only a package will be given in immediate terms.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

krisna wrote:
shyamd wrote:

Interesting more details please.
Wasn't that attempt from Sasikala?
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

No, a former senior minister. Officially he was dismissed as a minister because of complaints about him having a mistress (his wife and son complained directly to JJ). Main reason was that he was getting the MLAs behind him for a coup.
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

^^ It was a Tehelka Article posted here...Sasikala's husband conspired with DMK leaders and the plan was discussed in a hotel in Bangalore. The then DGP of Karnataka got wind of it, tapped the conversations and sent it to Jayalalitha. In that article it was also mentioned that JJ was being given slow poison..She found out by going to another doctor. Sasikala along with others were expelled from party ..later Sasikala was taken back..may be after pleading innocence.!
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Alagiri takes on Karunanidhi, says DMK not a religious body, can't name successor - IBN Live
New Delhi: DMK chief and Union minister M Karunanidhi's elder son MK Alagiri has reacted strongly to his father's naming younger brother MK Stalin as his successor. Speaking to reporters, Alagiri said the DMK is not a religious mutt, meaning that it's not up to the chief to name a successor.
It seems DMK may split up into 2 or 3 fractions. The way Alagiri has said this while MK is still alive is remarkable. May be Jaya's aim of securing 30+ seats may come true.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I have live in Karnataka for years and BJP is strong in Konkan area - Mangalore area and north ares and areas wherein urban areas like Bangalore BJP will win some good seats. Deva Gowda is near Hassan District and Gowda gang is nothing but Punchayath level leader so has little presence in other places of the state.

Old Janata Party people like J S Patel, Ramakrishna Hegde people became weak and slowly merged into BJP. Basic structure of BJP in Karnataka - Lingayath belt may get divided (extent of division is the key to Karnataka or even national elections, Mangalore votes will not votes as they are full RSS BJP people and will vote solidly for BJL no matter what. Basic Janatha people may be with BJP and some "secular" people like JN Patels son who was with Yaddi in the cabinet ( I do not know where he is now) and I somehow feel that they will be with BJP because they do not have any strong Caste reasons like Yaddi followers or no personal relations with Yaddi.

I feel Yaddi being unstable will slowly come back to BJP and as for as my information goes Namo already trying to contact Yaddi and bring him back. Namo need Yaddi for south support.

Locality wise Mangalore belt, North Karnataka, Bangalore city are strong for BJP at least they used to be.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

One basic question (a newbie): How does Lingayats become a "caste" if they reject caste system? I thought Lingayat is a way of worship (i.e. only worship Shiva and no other deities).

I mean BAPS (Swami Narayana) from Gujarat are a sampradaya not a caste or jati. I feel Lingayats "looks" like a similar case. Am I missing something?
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

kmkraoind wrote:Alagiri takes on Karunanidhi, says DMK not a religious body, can't name successor - IBN Live
It seems DMK may split up into 2 or 3 fractions. The way Alagiri has said this while MK is still alive is remarkable. May be Jaya's aim of securing 30+ seats may come true.
Alagiri is nothing but a goonda and he doesn't realise that no one in the party will accept him as a leader. His advisers aren't good and are probably instigating him. This action wasn't unexpected anyway.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

ShyamSP wrote:^^Importantly, he walked longest, 1500 KMs, in last 3 months. It is record political campaign by any political leader as per news below. Hopefully, such campaign will pay when it comes to elections

http://www.andhraheadlines.com/state/de ... 09937.html
When Naidu reached Valluruguda of Warangal district, he crossed the 1500 km. On the occasion, he laid a stone, commemorating the event.

Speaking on the occasion, party MLC Rajendra Prasad said Naidu has created a record by walking the longest distance ever, by any political leader.

Go and run in olympics :wink:
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

In that politicsparty site details, I noticed a contradictory claim,

It is said Chandrababu Naidu and TDP will wipe themselves out...

Kiran Reddy will be the last INC CM of AP...

If its not Congress then it has to be the TDP, there is no other mass party in AP.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

I will try to sense the mood in Rajasthan during my visit back home this weekend.
We are expecting elections in late Nov or early Dec this year.
CM will flag off the first Metro ruote open during the summer this year. Smart guy, but not sure how much it will help on the State wide politics.
People talk about his family member's links with the Jaipur Metro contractors.
Gehlot's organizational skills are good and has a bit of no non-sense attitude.
But he has the age old problem with State employees and bureaucracy.
I will try to sum up a picture soon.
Gehlot --> Vasundhara --> Gehlot --> ??

Regards,
Virendra
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Yogi_G wrote:In that politicsparty site details, I noticed a contradictory claim,

It is said Chandrababu Naidu and TDP will wipe themselves out...

Kiran Reddy will be the last INC CM of AP...

If its not Congress then it has to be the TDP, there is no other mass party in AP.
PP guy is a YSRCP chumcha and is a big supporter of T-State. He goes to the extent of giving state-wise numbers that mention T-State separately.

So he prefers to have YSRCP win Andhra state and TRS T-State.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

prahaar wrote:One basic question (a newbie): How does Lingayats become a "caste" if they reject caste system? I thought Lingayat is a way of worship (i.e. only worship Shiva and no other deities).

I mean BAPS (Swami Narayana) from Gujarat are a sampradaya not a caste or jati. I feel Lingayats "looks" like a similar case. Am I missing something?
Yes. Ligayaths are the followers of the Saint Basavesvara and Saiva people. You can google his name. What the Saint started as a caste less movement resulted in creation of the Caste. They wear Yagnopavithan and tie a shiva linga to the same. They bury their dead and things like that. As a comunity they are somewhat strong. One feature of Karnataka politics is the strong Matams wherein Swamijis have huge following and they manage lot of education institutions and hospetals etc. Many of them are run very well also. They have big say in political matters also. We have to see if Ligayath Matas and Swamijis side with Yaddi etc. It will also have bearing on the future power and following of Yaddi. But Yaddi personal defects like anger short temper failure to maintain good relations with people who are otherwsie close to him are his mail enimies. One example people say that he has slaped Mr Patel's son who is very close to him and tried to wake him up when he was sleeping. This kind of things are bad for a person.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

kmkraoind wrote:Alagiri takes on Karunanidhi, says DMK not a religious body, can't name successor - IBN Live
New Delhi: DMK chief and Union minister M Karunanidhi's elder son MK Alagiri has reacted strongly to his father's naming younger brother MK Stalin as his successor. Speaking to reporters, Alagiri said the DMK is not a religious mutt, meaning that it's not up to the chief to name a successor.
Frankly, Alagiri is correct. MuKa is not heading a religious order to declare a successor. This is supposed to be a democracy. Let the successor be decided in a democratic manner.

---
X-posting:
johneeG wrote: :rotfl: :mrgreen:

---
I think Modi becoming PM is more easy than many people think. The critical point is the Modi enjoys the support of business networks(particularly the big sharks). As far as I know, Tata endorsed him for PM-ship. Ambanis are gujjus anyway. And if push comes to shove, SP can be made to support through chota bhai. Jaya supports Modi. Most of the NDA has kept quiet(except Nitis), which means they are fine with Modi candidature.

Apart from all these calculations, Modi enjoys real public support. Not just in Guj, but across India. This can really make a 20-seat(or even more) impact for BJP. That means, BJP can win additional 20 seat, if Modi is the PM. Many non-BJP voters are enthusiastic about Modi for PM.

Finally, even the videsi players like UK and US seem to be fine with Modi for PM.

In short, Modi has more chances of winning than many of his supporters and opposers think.

There are two parties: JDU and TDP that are going pawki by the day. The seculars would be hoping that these two play the spoilsport.
johneeG wrote:
ShyamSP wrote: I don't know if you follow elections thread. TDP doesn't fetch much votes with (p)secular politics and can't play spoilsport with respect to BJP as both BJP and TDP are mutually exclusive in terms of vote banks as of now (may have had common votebank in the past).

TDP is extremely boxed in by INC which sliced AP into regional, religious, caste votebanks to extreme. Any public support to BJP by TDP is unnecessary till elections as such deal can be directed to net loss for them by INC. BJP has to show they can win more seats and bring INC seats down, all non-congress parties will automatically come to its support. They need to fix their own stupidity (KA and UP for example) than cribbing on JDU, TDP, and other potential allies.

TDP is extremely careful with their strategies and tactics and even wording which can be even seen in recent Telangana all-party meeting by home minister Shinde.
No, I am not following election thread.

My comment on JDU and TDP was not about vote shares, but post-electoral alliance. Even if NDA is in a position to form the Govt with the help of JDU and TDP, the seculars would be hoping that these two parties will play spoilsport and try for a third-front(backed by the kongis).

My observation on TDP going pawki is not based solely on TDP not supporting Modi's candidature before elections, it is just a case in point. Both TDP and JDU are going pawki, in general. Nitis visited pakiland recently. He is taking his secularism seriously, or thats the pretense from his side.

TDP is simply becoming a shadow of kongis in all aspects of policy. There is almost no difference in policy matters between kongis and TDP. Reservations, cash transfer, secularism, caste-politics, Telangana, whatever other issue you name it. One cannot see any clear policy difference between TDP and Kongis. It is very much like BJP at centre. CBN has transformed TDP into a kongi b-team. The only difference he can cite is the degree of corruption and nepotism, all other policies are same same. TDP initiate a program, kongis follow it. Kongis start a program, TDP apes it. Both are competing for the same space. In true sense, they have become ideologically similar. So, TDP has lost its anti-kongi point.

CBN's worst mistake is ditching 'Telugu Pride' point. He is not even able to counter Jagan's brazen EJ games. He cannot even talk about it openly. BJP is secondary in AP. But, TDP is unable to take a stand against the rampant corrupt EJism in AP. If the major party cannot even raise this issue in the fear of losing few minority votes(which are anyway suspect), what is the use of this party.

Even on T, CBN has no real stand. His stand is same as Kongis. And this, from a party that is named Telugu Desam. Oh, the irony! If CBN supports T, then he should say so, and prepare for the affects. If CBN wants united AP, then he should say so and prepare for the results. Instead, neither here nor there nonsense and trying to fool both sides does not cut it. If he does not want to play this T game setup by Kongis, then he should say so. But, what CBN is doing is aping the Kongis trick for trick. It is not a question of whether you lose some seats or votes. The real point is whether people lose trust in your leadership and party policy. If TDP is true to its founding principle, then it should have stuck with united AP stance and defended that stance as robustly as possible. Any temporary setback in 2009, would have been corrected by 2013. I can understand the initial reaction, but after some time, a clear policy for/against/we-are-not-going-to-play-this-game T should have been articulated. It was not done and there really is no policy on T except mere politicking.

BTW, politicking on important issue regardless of the inconvenience to ordinary people is a hallmark of the kongis. The least one can do is be transparent about one's policy(specially in important matters) instead of playing political games.

The real problem is that CBN has leadership issues. He is unable to lead properly and comes across as very defensive and overtly cautious(which makes him resort to opportunism). It is this defensiveness and opportunism that was exploited by YSR. CBN's leadership is similar to captaincy of Dhoni...he is waiting for things to fall in the right place for him, instead of being pro-active. The same problem exists with BJP at center.

Modi provided a backdoor to CBN by inviting Balakrishna. Balakrishna could have attended Modi's swearing ceremony and TDP could still posture it as a private invitation. CBN did not take it and displayed his insecurity. CBN is unable to defend allying with BJP, and this is a failure. Whether he wants to ally with BJP or not is irrelevant. The position must be that TDP will ally with any anti-kongi force at center, zimple. Just take a look at KCR! KCR has jumped from NDA to UPA(and may jump back to NDA), has he been afraid? Nope, he defends himself brazenly. If KCR can defend his position, why can't CBN? To me this is a leadership failure which has muddled the party policies making it a clone of its opponent.

Given CBN's general trajectory, I think he would be hesitant to make any post-poll alliance with BJP(under Modi) even if they are in a position to form Govt. I think Ramoji Rao will play pivotal role in this relationship...

The success of Kongis is mostly due to the failure of their opponents. Their opponents' greatest failure is aping the policies of Kongis. The biggest changes in the Indian political landscape have come when the Kongi policies were questioned and invalidated. Modi's success and CBN's failure is in this framework.

---
Muppalla wrote: It is not idiocy. We are all having illusions about India. It is not an independent or democratic nation. Period. We have Robert Clives and their Mir Jaffers and Mir Qasims with few brown sahebs who are like the erstwhile Justice party. The entire system is subservient to the viceroy. Any revolt is considered as mutiny and will be oppressed like Jalianwala bagh.

I am not venting any frustration. :) Just analyze folks and the illusions are only because we have a flag and currency and some icons of pride (mirage).

Let us see how far it will go.
Not just India, saar. This is the reality in most of the world, with perhaps a rare exception. Its just that this reality is wrapped in sophisticated narrative that confuses people into believing that we are not living in middle ages(or colonial ages). Only technology and rise of middle class is the difference. Rest all is same same only. Not just in India, but most of the world...
johneeG wrote:
Narayana Rao wrote:CBN is highly insecure and had the bagage of cheating NTR for kicking him out. He has to live with the image of backstabbing person and INC continue to call him untrusty and backstabbing person. The counter attacks by YSR had seriously weakend him. But slowly many in AP (all areas) got sick of INC rule and know that Jagan is nothing but INC in another name. So there is some movement towards TDP. One basic feature of TDP rule was the comparitively strict administration and control. People are wanting that after the criminla looting of YSR gang and the present INC rule. Let us not forget TDP has some solid vote base on par with INC and Jagan may not have made too much roads into that. So we can nt yet write him off. I was in AP resently and spoken with many people and they are of the view TDP may do well. But the main changer will be money and TDP simply can not fight INC on money terms and Jagan can simply outspent every one inclduing INC. So some wind in favour of TDP with lot of challenges. Too early to write of CBN.
Speaking for myself, I don't find any fault with CBN replacing NTR. Its the leadership style that I am not impressed with. And lack of any core ideology. Yet, I am still hoping that TDP will win a landslide in the next election. My hope is based on the absolute failure of the present regime. TDP may win because of opponents failures and kongis are surviving because of TDP's failures. The situation is similar to UP. TDP is becoming like BSP and kongis are like SP. And Hyd is becoming a hitech version of Azamgarh.
---
Google search on Sasikala and JJ led me to some weird rumours on their relationship?! :shock:
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Many silently say that" :D
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I also hope CBN does well. But NTR is a person loved by people and that can not be emotionally removed and the impression and perception can be be removed from public mind. Further CBN got a lot from BJP during NDA rule and diched them immediately after loss. So there is no core political idea to him. Further during NDA rule he has great chance of having 4 or 5 ministers in natioanal level who could have increased TDP chance in AP but he was afraid that such ministers will be a threat to him and he never allowed any one to grow. Even now he is fully insecure and was desparate to come to power and allied with TRS. He is now resposible for TRS still being alive and all the bad things happend after 2009. TDP is born on the slogan of Telugu self respect and welfare to poor and he diched that and he tired to reinvent it by becamming a CEO type PM and forgetting rural flock and farmers and lost in 2004. Had he continued with BJP/NDA he would have got some votes and organisational support from them. But his short sitedness lost a strong national support.

I will give an example my relative contested elections for BJP and I was his polling agent and also couting agent. We lost. But we prevented so many "secular" votes and prevented booth captures etc the TDP cantidate who lost twice in the elections has won that. BJP thought weak can provide lot of support to him.

In fact in the election time he made many bad candidate selections and left many good people out of headstrongness and now paying price. Yet he is 100 times bettwer from INC anyday.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

[in Telugu]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CofieQYa3yE
Akbaruddin Secret Political Game

The news says it is YSRC and MIM gameplan. But YSRC and TRS are INC game plan so eventually it is all INC game plan.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Narayana Rao wrote:I also hope CBN does well. But NTR is a person loved by people and that can not be emotionally removed and the impression and perception can be be removed from public mind. Further CBN got a lot from BJP during NDA rule and diched them immediately after loss. So there is no core political idea to him. Further during NDA rule he has great chance of having 4 or 5 ministers in natioanal level who could have increased TDP chance in AP but he was afraid that such ministers will be a threat to him and he never allowed any one to grow. Even now he is fully insecure and was desparate to come to power and allied with TRS. He is now resposible for TRS still being alive and all the bad things happend after 2009. TDP is born on the slogan of Telugu self respect and welfare to poor and he diched that and he tired to reinvent it by becamming a CEO type PM and forgetting rural flock and farmers and lost in 2004. Had he continued with BJP/NDA he would have got some votes and organisational support from them. But his short sitedness lost a strong national support.

I will give an example my relative contested elections for BJP and I was his polling agent and also couting agent. We lost. But we prevented so many "secular" votes and prevented booth captures etc the TDP cantidate who lost twice in the elections has won that. BJP thought weak can provide lot of support to him.

In fact in the election time he made many bad candidate selections and left many good people out of headstrongness and now paying price. Yet he is 100 times bettwer from INC anyday.
I think this is not correct.

If you remember when NTR was dethroned by Nadendla the entire AP revolted until NtR was reinstated.

But the same AP public didn't say a word when CBN revolted against NTR. More over in the next elections they gave NTR TDP hardly one seat?

After that they re-elected CBN against anti-incumbency.

Only the CBN opponents, Dhaggubatis and LP, talk about this nonsense beside Congress and YSRCP. People know that Dhaggubatis were in CBN camp when the revolt happened and they wouldnt be making these dharmic sounds if they were in leadership role instead of CBN. Can anyone say Dhaggubatis or LP would have given better leadership to TDP?

Coming to YSRCP, this is the party of Christian family on the basis of Christian converts of AP. It attracts the mercantilist Hindus by offering them some breadcrumbs. This is a pure EIC redux if observed closely.

Similarly KCR would have been sitting tight in TDP if he got D-CM post. And everyone knows. His public trust is diminishing by the day.

That doesn't mean people vote for TDP blindly. I think we will be for a surprise in 2014 elections.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Narayana Rao wrote:I also hope CBN does well. But NTR is a person loved by people and that can not be emotionally removed and the impression and perception can be be removed from public mind. Further CBN got a lot from BJP during NDA rule and diched them immediately after loss. So there is no core political idea to him. Further during NDA rule he has great chance of having 4 or 5 ministers in natioanal level who could have increased TDP chance in AP but he was afraid that such ministers will be a threat to him and he never allowed any one to grow. Even now he is fully insecure and was desparate to come to power and allied with TRS. He is now resposible for TRS still being alive and all the bad things happend after 2009. TDP is born on the slogan of Telugu self respect and welfare to poor and he diched that and he tired to reinvent it by becamming a CEO type PM and forgetting rural flock and farmers and lost in 2004. Had he continued with BJP/NDA he would have got some votes and organisational support from them. But his short sitedness lost a strong national support.
Congress tasked TRS to nibble at TDP votebank under guise of Telangana and succeeded, so INC+TRS > TDP
Congress tasked PRP to nibble at TDP Kapu+BC votebank and succeded, so INC+PRP > TDP
Congress now tasked YSRC to nibble at TDP Reddy+SC votebank and things are still fluid, yet succeeded, INC+PRP+TRS+YSRC is ahead of TDP.

TDP trucked with BJP but BJP instead of nibbling at INC votes started nibbling at TDP only and that is the reason TDP kept BJP away (but cooperates from outside).

BJP took Telangana and pissed off non-Telangana people and yet didn't gain meaningfully in Telangana. Something is wrong with BJP than TDP's short sightedness.

If TDP gains AP, national celebrity status automatically comes for CBN and they don't need BJP to gain such national support while struggling in AP. TDP doesn't need BJP where as BJP needs TDP. When push comes to shove TDP always supported non-Congress governments including BJP at Center. That dynamic hasn't changed even now.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

^^^ BJP did not have any AP strategy at all. They did not even think that a congress loss in AP is more important than anything else.

Let us see if congress can create Telangana before December 18th to salvace some portion for itself. Now there are no more arguments about consensus and other bs. TDP said goahead and create and they don't care. There is no party that is ambiguous. It is just congress and YSR-congress that have to decide and implement. Blame games are all over. The UPA should show some guts and create the new state and move on.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

In respect of the NTR not getting support after he was kickout by CBN is not because NTR but because of the excesses of his second wife Lakshmi Parvathi. We should not mistake that. People are fed up with her and no one wanted her to become a CM. People felt bad that they have to go against NTR. It was a tragidy we had to see wherein the entire idea of NTR got damaged by lakshmi Parvathi. The manner she looted money with people is a big scandel. CBN carefully managed TDP leaders and workers during the revoled and none in public saved NTR who died shortly after that. In the next election time people votes for the good work by CBN and the 5 years of power got into the head of CBN and lost in 2009. Lakshmi Parvathi went to town of making allegations of back stabing on NTR and now she is with Jagan gang - She has not joined the Jagan party.
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

Brothers at war

http://newsinsight.net/Brothersatwar.aspx#page=page-1
People troubled by dynastic politics like this writer have often wondered if it has any self-destruct mechanism. The Azhagiri-Stalin fight for the control of the Dravida Munnetra Kazagham (DMK) tells you that there is.

Much like family enterprises need vision combined with the smarts to grow, so a political dynasty will wither without these essentials. On the outside, Indian politics may be seen to be in the iron grip of political dynasties, but within, these are beset with enervating rottenness.

No regional political dynasty is doing well, though a couple of them may be in power. The Prakash Singh Badal dynasty came through in the battle with the regents of the Nehru-Gandhis in Punjab, but in the end, it was a fight between two decadent dynasties, and the truth is that Punjab has lost its promise under the Badals. The regents of the Nehru-Gandhis wouldn’t have done better either.

It is a similar story in Jammu and Kashmir with the Abdullah clan, in Uttar Pradesh with the Mulayam Singh Yadav family, and elsewhere where the Nehru-Gandhis have established signposts. The most grievous decline of dynastic politics is evident with Manmohan Singh’s UPA-2 government, and at the end of the line of the Nehru-Gandhis is a genius called Rahul. When Rahul Gandhi takes leadership of the Congress party, it won’t need an opposition.

This is, to be sure, a general process of decline of dynastic politics, which may be true of other phenomenon. Without power, the decline may be still more precipitate, as with the Laloo Prasad Yadav and Ram Vilas Paswans of the world. Not to speak of the Thackeray dynasty, split between the rival cousins, Udhav and Raj. Street power the two Thackeray scions may still command, but divided, they cannot hope for power, whilst vision seems a distant asset with these narrow nationalists.

The internal Thackeray feud gave a glimmer of how family power struggles could damage a dynasty. Now it approaches wrecking stage with the two half-brothers, M.K.Stalin and M.K.Azhagiri, with the likely short-term winner being J.Jayalalithaa, whose ambitions of becoming prime minister may be closer to realization than any time before. Between the two brothers, Stalin seems to be possessed of some vision whilst Azhagiri appears to be the hoodlum with street power. Azhagiri will turn out Stalin’s worst enemy, and no one can bet on the future of the DMK very long. Here is the self-destruct mechanism for dynasties on display, and the unspooling battle of the two brothers will make news headlines for a time, with Tamil film-style murders and violence forming the background.

For all the Udhav-Raj Thackeray feuding, it is still not sibling rivalry. In the case of the M.Karunanidhi dynasty, there is additionally the third factor, the ageing and very ill patriarch’s beloved daughter, Kanimozhi, and if push comes to shove, she will side with one of the brothers, when she is assured of a slice of power, recompense for the time spent in Tihar Jail for the enjoyment of some of the 2G loot.

It has never gotten so bad for the dynasties before. Sanjay and Rajiv Gandhi were never at each other’s throat, and the more accepted narrative is that Rajiv was most reluctant to follow in his younger brother’s footsteps, and disdained politics till forced by Mrs Indira Gandhi to sign up. The Chautalas or the Bhajan Lals haven’t feuded on the scale of the Karunanidhis, nor the late Bal Thackeray’s own immediate family, with Udhav’s takeover being scarcely contested. The other families are insignificant compared to the Karunanidhis or not in power, but the feud between Azhagiri and Stalin will find uncomfortable echoes with the remaining political dynasties.

For a start, the DMK will split after Karunanidhi’s death or soon after Stalin’s formal elevation, whichever is earlier. The southern districts from Madurai down will go to Azhagiri and the North will fall to Stalin. What follows thereafter will trend the future. Stalin will get the backing of the liberal media and intelligentsia with the upstart Maran brothers, Kalanithi and Dayanidhi, joining him against Azhagiri. This will split the family right down the centre, and the cadres will revolt. As said before, Azhagiri, who will be on a losing wicket, because he cannot control Chennai at the outset, will plan and plot Stalin’s downfall, even combining with the opposition. From there, everything will become ugly.

In this feud lies the seed for the destruction of India’s political dynasties. The faster this is replicated across India, the better for Indian politics. To that extent, in addition to the brilliance of Rahul Gandhi, one must thank and admire the two Karunanidhi brothers for fighting to the finish.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Implementation

Reality

Kanchan Da on Whole affair

VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Sushupti,

Problem is that the reach of social media is very limited, even compared to English speaking channels.

How many people listen to KanchanDa? Most of them get their dose of news from the lack of bdutt, and sagarikaghose.

I have noticed signs of desperation among them. But how long will that last as their well-oiled machine takes control.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

"Mr Mohan Bhagwat was born in Bharat and not in India. In India his parents would have used protection." Tweeple seethe against shameless politicians

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/twee ... um=twitter
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

At today's Indo-Pak match.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

VikramS wrote:Sushupti,

Problem is that the reach of social media is very limited, even compared to English speaking channels.

How many people listen to KanchanDa? Most of them get their dose of news from the lack of bdutt, and sagarikaghose.

I have noticed signs of desperation among them. But how long will that last as their well-oiled machine takes control.
I actually blame RSS and other Sangh parivaar outfits for this situation. Idiots should know that they are inside the enemy zone of a serious padmavuiha. They are in this situation for more than a decade now. They also know how many times they have to give rebuttuls, denials, and other corrective press statements after their initial utterances. They bloody do not have any strategy regarding how to handle media. All they know is how to whine about how the whole media is against them.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Et-Tu Muppala garu?

The demand should be that the media should cut its ties with politics and paid-channels. We cannot accept the proposition that says "let media be what it is, demand RSS to be smart (whatever that means)".

Media should do its job.
Police should do their job.
Govt should do its job.

The citizens should follow the law of land and expect to be punished by police if they don't.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

RamaY wrote:Et-Tu Muppala garu?

The demand should be that the media should cut its ties with politics and paid-channels. We cannot accept the proposition that says "let media be what it is, demand RSS to be smart (whatever that means)".

Media should do its job.
Police should do their job.
Govt should do its job.

The citizens should follow the law of land and expect to be punished by police if they don't.
Ideally the media should do its job of disseminating info impartially.
But this is not done.

Hence RSS should change accordingly. It is not that difficult. I am sure there are competent people who can bring it out to the media.
If paid media does not repsond, then you create your own media.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

That is not the right strategy.

Keep using it and expose its duplicity. Also coerce it to correct its ways.

Having a separate media will divide the nation.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

RamaY wrote:That is not the right strategy.

Keep using it and expose its duplicity. Also coerce it to correct its ways.

Having a separate media will divide the nation.
what about today. media is compromised. why only rss and not others.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RamaY garu,

there is need for a tactical retreat when you cannot win the battle and that is strategy. This aa-bhile-mujhe-maar will not work in the larger interests. The entire gang will be misunderstood by the fence sitters and every one is important in a multi cornered contest. Anything other than how to defeat the UPA is a wasted strategy. Once they achieve that rules can be changed.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

krisna wrote:why only rss and not others.
Everyone can be and must be a Bharatiya.

Then every Bharatiya must act towards Bharat - be it paritranaya sadhunam or vinaasaaya cha-dushkrutaam or be it dharma samsyapanarthaya.

Some people think it must be done thru only parliament and Supreme Court. Then fill these governing bodies with Bharatiyas (not Indians) and make them dharmic.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Fellow BRFites and Gentlemen -- I believe that some of us are unnecessarily being angry on RSS in the matter of RSS chiefs words being manipulated by media. I believe two issues are being conflated

1) RSS inability to make a solid presence in the urban middle class in terms of cadre
2) Media management by RSS

Now the thing is, as long as we have the Nehruvian system in India (as different from the dynasty merely being in power) -- the media is going to castigate RSS for nearly everything under the sun. Despite all his success and obvious and clear proof of exemplary conduct during the riots which followed the unfortunate incident of burning live of Hindu women and children in a train while on pilgrimage, media has been baiting NaMo. Its a different matter that NaMo shrugged it off did his own thing and continued being the RSS person he is. Similarly RSS is going to be hated just for existing by the Indian media. This is entirely India vs Pak type of situation, the media is Paki, they are not going to take anything by RSS as a good gesture or nothing can RSS do which will make them happy.

The second issue is different -- How can RSS make inroads into the middle class, for example if we look above, even Bhrata Negi, a communal element himself, a supporter of NaMo no less (who is more RSS than RSS) --> thinks RSS made a mistake, based on a blatant lie published in the media. This is a problem RSS must address and has not done a good job of getting into the middle class minds.

This is a issue because RSS does not have a lite model, they have a model which is high level of involvement and high level of commitment, however that is being difficult for middle class to engage with. OTOH the few from middle class who buy into this model, themselves move into a different space and are cut off from middle class aspirations and they in turn focus their energies elsewhere.

This is the real gap which needs to be bridged, and it would be interesting and fruitful if BRFites could engage with RSS to come up with the middle road (I know some non BRFites who are doing this) and take it forward. At the very least ideas can be brainstormed here.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Muppalla wrote:RamaY garu,

there is need for a tactical retreat when you cannot win the battle and that is strategy. This aa-bhile-mujhe-maar will not work in the larger interests. The entire gang will be misunderstood by the fence sitters and every one is important in a multi cornered contest. Anything other than how to defeat the UPA is a wasted strategy. Once they achieve that rules can be changed.

Muppalla ji if one cannot say anything in his own country when everybody and his $Q@%$^% sensibilites need tolerance then I am afraid this country is not worth fighting for. Better to let it pass.

Besides I hope you do understand that these comments are not made for media. They are made for their own constituency which has not been asked as to what they accept and what they do not. After all Mohan Bhagwat ji is not a pope or ayatollah properly peer reviewd that his followers need to follow him till kingdom come.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ravi_g wrote:Muppalla ji if one cannot say anything in his own country when everybody and his $Q@%$^% sensibilites need tolerance then I am afraid this country is not worth fighting for. Better to let it pass.

Besides I hope you do understand that these comments are not made for media. They are made for their own constituency which has not been asked as to what they accept and what they do not. After all Mohan Bhagwat ji is not a pope or ayatollah properly peer reviewd that his followers need to follow him till kingdom come.
It is not about sensibilites and tolerance. It is about cruel cut-throat fight of manipulating minds. RSS has a message and that could be important to the masses if it is not distorted or shown in bad taste for the neutral folks. For the hate-RSS folks no good message will help because they hate anyway. For the ardent followers no bad mouthing is going to change because the went through this for several years. RSS needs an enemy-handling strategy so that this neutral folks doesn't become hate-RSS crowd if not ardent followers.

The detractors inside non-BJP sangh parivaar along with zero-strategy to fight the inside enemy will actually put even better parts of RSS in bad light.