BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by gandharva »

Congress handling tweets for TRS.

prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Was BJP in a position to stop this bill? Was it allowed to pass without any of the amendments incorporated?
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

Can someone post the 33 amendments requested by Joker party...
had lot of hopes on NaMo..and SS... if they can't deal with an internal issue what can they do with any intrenational issue...
Decided..NOT GOING TO VOTE FOR BOTH Joker or Panja... $uck all.....
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Why were BJP MPs even listening to Sushma Swaraj?
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Never thought it will start this way.

Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

i dont really know what NM was thinking on this but one thing is certain now..both BJP and Congress have dug their own grave ... no national leader from both parties will dare to land in SA.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

So how many amendments asked for by the BJP were accepted? Didn't the BJP say that they won't support the bill without the amendments being accepted?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

congi's game plan to stop namo and raise AAP ???

i am sure lots of telugu's will now be thinking twice before voting for BJP
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

@ndtv : Let me find out from my colleagues what happened inside: Venkaiah Naidu on Telangana Bill discussion. LIVE updates http://ndtv.in/1eKrq0h

If VN is not lying, then SS is a rat in BJP who jumped at exact battle time to save their paid masters.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Did the BJP issue a whip to vote in favor of T-bill. I think not, then how can SS ask other BJP members to vote for the Bill?
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

16:24 Speaker Meira Kumar has helped the Congress to pass the bill. She is disregarding the CPI -M's loud protests in the well of the house. She has ordered a blackout of the chaos inside the house where 37 amendments to AP reorganising bill are being taken up. BJP MPs are following the Congress in going along with the proceedings, reports Sheela Bhatt. :shock:
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Mafia joined with D4 proved that both are one and the same.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

This is it guys. I was a full blooded supporter of NM but today everyone(from Namo to SS to Sonia to CBN) has let my people down and made them feel orphaned. Development, inclusive growth, corruption yada yada can go to hell. The nations can go to dogs for all I care. I'm not voting..no not even NOTA. I dont want any part of this sham democracy.
I wont blame the Seemandhrites if secessionist ideologies take root...we know whom to blame.
Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

NM lost all the credibility he had among the SA ppl.
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

Folks, there is a country called India beyond Seemandhra,Telangana and so forth. Stop blaming NaMo for this as he is not even a MP; D4 currently rule the parliament and will have things their way unless NaMo sacks them from the BJP - not possible right?!. Time is not to get emotional but move on with what best can be done. NaMo has to win this election else the entire country will break up.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

when did BJP ever hint that it will stop the split?
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

saumitra_j wrote:Folks, there is a country called India beyond Seemandhra,Telangana and so forth. Stop blaming NaMo for this as he is not even a MP; D4 currently rule the parliament and will have things their way unless NaMo sacks them from the BJP - not possible right?!. Time is not to get emotional but move on with what best can be done. NaMo has to win this election else the entire country will break up.
+101. Congress has played the game again. I wonder what all the SA guys were smoking when they voted YSR who resurrected Telengana issue, and now the same Jagan turns around and plays messiah. NaMo is held accountable before even giving him mandate.

The way Congress plays games, I am not surprised how disgruntled secessionist movements grow. During its early days, Congress was a unifying force, but in its decline, it will use its influence to build foundations of its next term in the schisms between groups.
Last edited by prahaar on 18 Feb 2014 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

SandeepA wrote:This is it guys. I was a full blooded supporter of NM but today everyone(from Namo to SS to Sonia to CBN) has let my people down and made them feel orphaned. Development, inclusive growth, corruption yada yada can go to hell. The nations can go to dogs for all I care. I'm not voting..no not even NOTA. I dont want any part of this sham democracy.
I wont blame the Seemandhrites if secessionist ideologies take root...we know whom to blame.
Instead of blaming Namo and D4, Seemandhra folks need to introspect and think on why they voted for Congis and SG all these years. Even now not even 10% of posts that blame D4 are holding SG accountable for this sordid episode.

Congis will be back in power in Seemandhra by 2019.
Last edited by Paul on 18 Feb 2014 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

We can not expect better things from mafia. for voting to mafia and its leaders like YSR, Jagan and others a serious price is paid today.

But people expect BJP leadership with their RSS background to be fair. The failure of BJP to prevent this drama of mafia is a serious one.

History in fact repeating itself. Fall of Telugu rule under Kakathiya empire took place when the Jihadi forces at the the height of their power and a Kushab Khan had killed Khilji family numbers. Hope NM will have better luck in life than a Khushab Khan.

NM I am sure will be touring Coastal AP and Rayalaseema quite soon. Telangana is anyway gone for BJP.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Secessionist ideology, eh.. what do you think we will be doing when such ideologies start taking root anywhere in desh?

medium sized states are essential for effective federalization of polity and are more effectively governed.

I understand it is an emotional issue (although I have never supported linguistic basis of states, 105 ppl from my state died to create MH, so I respect the sentiments). But talking secession is too much onlee.

and what could have BJP done with 116 seats in LS? and why blame NaMo? its funny, really.. BJP has supported creation of telangana in 1998. their stalling ability too is limited.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I am surprised by the emotions on this thread. It is still one country.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

If a single clause of the bill is amended in RS, the bill will have to pass again in LS.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

The UPA2 is in majority with abstentions. I am surprised that some members believe BJP could stop the bill. What they were talking about are amendments to help SA. Remains to be seen whether they were incorporated.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Kiran Kumar Reddy expected that all the leaders from Seema-Andhra will support him in the launch of a new party. However the cozying up by Lagapati Rajgopal, Rayapati Sambasiva Rao and Sabbam Hari to the BJP has become a game changer. All the three MPs who were suspended from the Parliament are in constant touch with Venkaiah Naidu and Rajnath Singh since the past two days. They feel that it would be better to go along with the BJP and capitalize on the Narendra Modi wave and target the 40 per cent urban votes in Seema-Andhra. They also feel that a tie up between the TDP and the BJP will also help them in the long run.

The BJP meanwhile will play a crucial role today. It is necessary that the party supports the Bill in order for it to be passed. While the BJP will help pass the Bill, they would bargain hard for a package for Seema-Andhra and make this their election plank in the state. The BJP would like to capitalize on the fact that it was the Congress which divided the state, but they played saviour and insisted on a good package for Seema-Andhra.

http://vickynanjappa.com/2014/02/18/lag ... -doubtful/
text highlighted in red shows how Sushama ditched BJP by offering unconditional support in parliament.
Last edited by gandharva on 18 Feb 2014 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Paul wrote:
SandeepA wrote:This is it guys. I was a full blooded supporter of NM but today everyone(from Namo to SS to Sonia to CBN) has let my people down and made them feel orphaned. Development, inclusive growth, corruption yada yada can go to hell. The nations can go to dogs for all I care. I'm not voting..no not even NOTA. I dont want any part of this sham democracy.
Instead of blaming Namo and D4, Seemandhra folks need to introspect and think on why they voted for Congis and SG all these years. Even now not even 10% of posts that blame D4 are holding SG accountable for this sordid episode.

Actually this is the result of AP people voting for MAFIA and freebies again and again.

When Chiranjeevi came, he put pictures of Gandhi,Ambedkar and Mother Teresa and won 15%+ votes.

LOL

He sold tickets for 5 crores but people still voted for him.

Now you are crying over this? Why? U let this CONMAFIA rules over you.

Now look at the idiot AK and his antics. Say few words here and couple of sentences about Modi and Ambani. Dumbo are falling all over to bash Modi and praise the moron. No one knows about his/his antencent/his capabilities. The only thing we know is that all his associates are MAFIA workers one time or other. But dumbos all over India start rooting for him.

This is the state of India and we are here because of people like this we will be in this state.

I can predict one thing. MAFIA will be back with AK/Maya/Jagan/Mulyam/Laloo support and things will be stinking up for ever.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

:D
Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

vivek.rao wrote:
Paul wrote:

Actually this is the result of AP people voting for MAFIA and freebies again and again.

When Chiranjeevi came, he put pictures of Gandhi,Ambedkar and Mother Teresa and won 15%+ votes.

LOL

He sold tickets for 5 crores but people still voted for him.

Now you are crying over this? Why? U let this CONMAFIA rules over you.

Now look at the idiot AK and his antics. Say few words here and couple of sentences about Modi and Ambani. Dumbo are falling all over to bash Modi and praise the moron. No one knows about his/his antencent/his capabilities. The only thing we know is that all his associates are MAFIA workers one time or other. But dumbos all over India start rooting for him.

This is the state of India and we are here because of people like this we will be in this state.

I can predict one thing. MAFIA will be back with AK/Maya/Jagan/Mulyam/Laloo support and things will be stinking up for ever.
the reason people are blaming and fuming over Na Mo is
He is a potential PM candidate and he should know how to deal with issues such as this.
He himself gave a statement saying that assurances should be given to SA people before debating the T bill.
He should have command over his party,he and LKA reject the bill and SS goes all the way to support and vote for the bill.
bahdada
BRFite

Post by bahdada »

deleted by moderator
Last edited by archan on 18 Feb 2014 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user warned. Mind that language.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Sushama Swaraj in Press--Bill has been passed without our knowledge
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Vamsi.R wrote:NM lost all the credibility he had among the SA ppl.
NaMo has no official authority to either take a position on the issue, nor to command BJP decisions in Parliament.

He is a single member of the Parliamentary Board, but not a part of the Parliament.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

IndraD wrote:Sushama Swaraj in Press--Bill has been passed without our knowledge

Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Sushma should come out clean on what happened in parliament? What happened to the SA package?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Atri wrote:Secessionist ideology, eh.. what do you think we will be doing when such ideologies start taking root anywhere in desh?

medium sized states are essential for effective federalization of polity and are more effectively governed.

I understand it is an emotional issue (although I have never supported linguistic basis of states, 105 ppl from my state died to create MH, so I respect the sentiments). But talking secession is too much onlee.

and what could have BJP done with 116 seats in LS? and why blame NaMo? its funny, really.. BJP has supported creation of telangana in 1998. their stalling ability too is limited.
Atri garu,

1) Telangana pride, I believe today, is intrinsically tied to the Nizam, and he was anti-India. Even RSS people in Telangana are taken in by the propaganda of Nizam. So we would be having now a state which would have a identity built partially on Islamic pride.

2) There were many parties which happened to be against Telangana Bill. Given that they always have flexible positions, but parties like AITC, SP, NC, JD-U, DMK, CPI-M, TDP, YSRCP, have been outspoken about not supporting division of AP. If they were to oppose, BJP's opposition would have buried the bill. Even if BJP could not have stopped it, they should have taken the proper stand.

3) BJP may have supported creation of Telangana, but that does not mean it needs to support AP Reorganization Bill as presented now, under a Congress dispensation.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Disappointed in NaMo today. Sorry to say this. Should've taken a clear stand. If not he, then who?

Was a staunch supporter of NM. Am no longer all that staunch anymore. I continue to support but the fire of old is gone. Goodbye blue sky...
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

well we can give 'N' number of reasons why BJP and NaMo could not stop the bill..
but from SA people perspective they lost the credibility... I was supporting NM left, right and centre....
not anymore..to HELL with Joker party or Mafia..I am done..when my home is broke in to two .... I would no longer abt which party will rule the city.. since both are responsible for the break-up....
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Mahesh_R wrote:well we can give 'N' number of reasons why BJP and NaMo could not stop the bill..
but from SA people perspective they lost the credibility... I was supporting NM left, right and centre....
not anymore..to HELL with Joker party or Mafia..I am done..when my home is broke in to two .... I would no longer abt which party will rule the city.. since both are responsible for the break-up....
Oh please, stop being so dramatic. You're an Indian first. There will be some hiccups along the way. Modi is taking on the entire system. There will be some battles lost, but the war will be won.