AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

member_28397
BRFite

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by member_28397 »

KSKumar wrote:MaharathiArjun
Its strange pseudo secularists Andhris keep voting for CONs and when they get their dues blaming indics and BJP for not supporting them. And saying BJP lost blah blah 25 seats, which will any way is going for CONs, with or without BJP the division would have happened because you choose representatives like you Andhris only(yatha Raja tatha Praja), so now stop complaining and accept its you SEEMA ANDHRA voters who are to blame for division of your state. Andhra will anyway go to same road as Bengal and Kerala due to its voting pattern. You guys are most welcome to vote against BJP again, as I don't think you guys make much difference in BJP tally now or ever made. if not pseudo secular Andhra parties then probably pseudo secular party from Bengal will need BJP support for funds from center.
Yeah, yeah. We had it coming.

Vote for party that is hard pressed to find booth agents? Why would anyone?

Also, have your state level leadership team up with naxals and abuse the very people whose votes you want.

Brilliant strategy by indics.
My state level leadership???
Well I am not a member of BJP, and even if I were, I would just leave AP, Bengal and Kerala out of all equations,
But, I can see this coming may be in the next decade when most of Telangana will be under de facto sharia law and most of Seema Andhra under missionary control. The same leftover Andhris will want security umbrella from indic forces and trust me after getting regular shariah/church blessings booth agents will come. But it will be just too late by then.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

SanjayC wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:Yup these including still borne babies and 98 year olds
Suicide epidemic jolts South India

By Lydia Polgreen, International Herald Tribune:

These politically motivated deaths are just one aspect of a troubling trend

Sai Kumar Meegada, a 20-year-old chemical engineering student at a prestigious university in Hyderabad, came home from breakfast one morning early this month, slipped a length of clothesline around his neck, tied it to the ceiling fan in his dorm room and hanged himself.

“For the people of Telangana, this is my final salute,” said a note he left, referring to the decades-old struggle to create a separate region in Andhra Pradesh. “My final and last request is take my body to the legislative assembly. Goodbye.”

With that, Meegada became one of a surprising number of people — many of them young and educated, with bright futures awaiting them — to have committed suicide over the battle to carve out India’s 29th state. Some estimates have attributed more than 200 suicides to the cause. But these politically motivated deaths are just one aspect of a troubling trend. Suicide has become something of a phenomenon in India, especially in the south, which now has one of the highest suicide rates in the world — a fact that has both puzzled and alarmed public health experts.

Suicides by indebted farmers are frequently reported in the news media and pointed to as a sign that India has forgotten its rural poor. But according to Indian government statistics, bankruptcy or poverty provoke less than 5 per cent of Indian suicides. A family conflict, a broken love affair or an illness is a more likely spur.

Then there are politics. The number of ideologically motivated suicides in India doubled between 2006 and 2008, the last year for which statistics were available, according to the government. While the overall number remains small, mental health experts say these deaths illustrate the increasing stress on young people in a nation where, elections notwithstanding, the masses often feel powerless.

“Young people see this as a way to give meaning to what seem like meaningless lives,” said Sudhir Kakar, a prominent psychoanalyst and novelist who has written extensively about mental health in India. “It is a way to become a hero, to take a stand.”
Suicide is generally considered taboo in Hinduism, the religion of most Indians, because it disrupts the cycle of reincarnation that is central to the soul’s progress, Kakar said.

Epic fasts
But the willingness to die for a cause, as exemplified by Gandhi’s epic fasts during the struggle for independence, is seen as noble and worthy. Ancient warriors in Tamil Nadu, in southeastern India, would commit suicide if their commander was killed, Kakar said. And the practice of sati, or widow burning, although outlawed, remains a potent symbol of wifely devotion. In modern, democratic India, however, such drastic measures seem like a bizarre and troubling throwback that has shattered many families.
The political causes that spur multiple suicides can seem remarkably provincial. When Andhra Pradesh’s popular chief minister, Yeduguri Sandinti Rajasekhara Reddy, died in a helicopter crash last year, the news media reported suicides by dozens of his supporters, though such reports are difficult to verify.

Other suicide epidemics have had nothing to do with politics. When a gangster kidnapped the Indian actor Rajkumar, one of the biggest stars of Kannada-language films, in 2000, it was reported that dozens of his fans had committed suicide out of despair for their hero’s safety.

The fight for statehood for Telangana, an inland region that sees itself as marginalised by coastal elites, gained attention when a fast brought the movement’s leader, K Chandrasekhara Rao, to the brink of death in December.
Since then, confusing political brawling has left the region’s statehood hopes in limbo, but dozens of young people besides Meegada, the engineering student, have succumbed to the emotional pull of the issue. M Sunil Kumar was a 25-year-old reporter at a local newspaper in the provincial town of Warangal. His older brother Anil had dropped out of high school to run the family’s mutton shop when their father died so that Sunil could go to college.

Statehood movement
Kumar apparently became obsessed with the statehood movement, attending every meeting of the local activist group. One day in early March, the family went to a distant temple, but Kumar stayed behind. His mother discovered him hanging from a beam, one of her shawls around his neck. “I am sacrificing my life for Telangana, to wake up our leaders,” he wrote in a suicide note.

But his family has also sacrificed, losing not only a son but also their biggest breadwinner. “I lost my son because of Telangana,” his mother, Swarupa, wailed. “Don’t burn your mother’s womb,” she shouted, imploring other statehood supporters not to commit suicide.

Nevertheless, local political leaders have exploited Kumar’s death. Outside the family’s two-room house hangs a banner with Kumar’s photograph superimposed over his suicide note. “Those who commit suicide for Telangana, we salute you,” the text on the poster says. “Wake up people and fight for Telangana.”

Political leaders of the movement said that they tried to discourage young people from committing suicide. “We tell them, don’t die for Telangana, live and fight for Telangana,” Rao said. But other leaders seem less wary about celebrating suicide for the cause. “They are real heroes,” said Peddi Sudarshan Reddy, a member of the governing council of the main pro-statehood party. “But we are not glorifying that heroism.”

Glory is perhaps what Karunakar, 20, a lower-caste eighth-grade dropout, was looking for when he doused himself in kerosene and set himself alight in January.
He instantly became an icon in his village. A poster of him in a tough, Bollywood-style pose of defiance hangs in the village square, next to a small temple to the monkey god Hanuman. In life, he was unheralded: a day laborer who grew up in a part of town notorious for prostitution. In death, he was a hero.

“He was all the time talking of Telangana, Telangana, Telangana,” said his 70-year-old grandfather, Musku Hanumanthu. “I tried to persuade him not to get too involved. But he used to say, ‘I will sacrifice everything for Telangana.’ ”
“Even in the hospital he kept saying, ‘Long live Telangana,’ ” Hanumanthu said.
North-south divide in Indian suicide rates

The southern states of Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu have a suicide rate of greater than 15 while in the Northern States of Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jammu and Kashmir, the suicide rate is less than 3.[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_India
^ Yeah Yeah , we are a bunch of emotional suicidal sissies ( reps here go to SagarG ji) . You guys are chappan chatthi indic veeras .OK got it.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

MaharathiArjun wrote:Its strange pseudo secularists Andhris keep voting for CONs and when they get their dues blaming indics and BJP for not supporting them. And saying BJP lost blah blah 25 seats, which will any way is going for CONs, with or without BJP the division would have happened because you choose representatives like you Andhris only(yatha Raja tatha Praja), so now stop complaining and accept its you SEEMA ANDHRA voters who are to blame for division of your state. Andhra will anyway go to same road as Bengal and Kerala due to its voting pattern. You guys are most welcome to vote against BJP again, as I don't think you guys make much difference in BJP tally now or ever made. if not pseudo secular Andhra parties then probably pseudo secular party from Bengal will need BJP support for funds from center.
What a nonsensical post ! Who the heck are indics and how are they different from Andhris ? Are you one of those semi pakis (who go by the name of naarth "indians") by any chance ?
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

nageshks wrote:What is the punishment for the dutty Keralites, Tamils, Bengalis, Marathis, and heck, even Gujaratis (12 seats were won by Congress) who did not vote for the BJP? When are they getting their states ripped up? What level of voting for BJP absolves people from the Karmic retribution decided by the self-appointed dispensers of Karmic justice?
You don't need BJP for karmic justice. It has already come to Kashmiri Pandits (living in tents) Punjabis and Bongs during Partition riots (millions raped and killed), Bongs in the present in border areas of West Bengal (crawling with Bangladeshis) ... soon it is going to come for Mallu Hindus (going to be a minority soon in Kerala for first time in history), it has now come to Seema Andhra dudes ... Karma is a bitch you know. It operates on its own and comes to bite you on the arse.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

matrimc wrote:
Muppalla wrote:Lilo Saab, don't u think Andhra is sitting pretty from the above table?. Subtract hyd, rr from all the calculations as though they don't exist and see where it will be.
Or even add half to SA and half to T so that the percentages add to 100%. Then one would see the a slight difference. So SA or T going to dogs after the division is an incorrect prognosis. It boils down to money making by cronies which has bee turned into an emotional issue. The best course of action for both regions in Hyderabad is to not provoke each other. I hope any thoughts of rioting in Hyderabad and T areas is nipped in the bud and the law us implemented with an iron fist till the passions cool down and people realize that life can go on as before.
Hyderabad is 50% T and 50% SA. Leave it and both will enjoy those revenues.

Andhra is still doing good and with in five years if you put a growth policies needed you will beat out every state in India. Be positive sir jee :). All this revenue rhona dhona is unnecessary. It is hugely bad governance of last decade that shows an average man in SA is not doing well. NRGEA crap incread labor costs, sleeping Government did not complete modernizaiton of Vizag, Rajamundry, Vijayawada, Tirupati airports. The stabe neighbor TN did a great job in upgrading the infrastructure to meet the needs of this century.

This is an opportunity for SA to shed the Hyderabad centric aura and eat the bitter pill and go for a real kill :). The pride and the built up political clout are lost but there is no need to lose the economic gravy train. If a 25 seater Gujarat with a desert kind of land can produce a PM material, who knows AP also can do. Now the focus will be there and there will be change of gaurd (the real gaurd and not just the government).

Watch out Vizag, Kakinada to Vijayawada area in the next decade.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Lilo wrote:^ Yeah Yeah , we are a bunch of emotional suicidal sissies ( reps here go to SagarG ji) . You guys are chappan chatthi indic veeras .OK got it.
Oh please don't drag me into your pissing contest, you are twisting my words. The fact is BJP was never against the division and it would have happened even if BJP was in power. So either you guys can keep venting or grow up and look forward to the future.
KSKumar
BRFite

Post by KSKumar »

MaharathiArjun
My state level leadership???
Well I am not a member of BJP, and even if I were, I would just leave AP, Bengal and Kerala out of all equations,
But, I can see this coming may be in the next decade when most of Telangana will be under de facto sharia law and most of Seema Andhra under missionary control. The same leftover Andhris will want security umbrella from indic forces and trust me after getting regular shariah/church blessings booth agents will come. But it will be just too late by then.
Then, at that time leave us to our fate. We would have deserved that just as we deserve the current fate for not voting for the righteous indics.

Also, if you did not understand what the "your" in my reply to your stupid flamebait, meant, then you have a serious comprehension problem.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Guys everyone just cool down & walk off the thread for a day. Pointless blue on blue.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

SanjayC wrote:
nageshks wrote:What is the punishment for the dutty Keralites, Tamils, Bengalis, Marathis, and heck, even Gujaratis (12 seats were won by Congress) who did not vote for the BJP? When are they getting their states ripped up? What level of voting for BJP absolves people from the Karmic retribution decided by the self-appointed dispensers of Karmic justice?
You don't need BJP for karmic justice. It has already come to Kashmiri Pandits (living in tents) Punjabis and Bongs during Partition riots (millions raped and killed), Bongs in the present in border areas of West Bengal (crawling with Bangladeshis) ... soon it is going to come for Mallu Hindus (going to be a minority soon in Kerala for first time in history), it has now come to Seema Andhra dudes ... Karma is a bitch you know. It operates on its own and comes to bite you on the arse.
Indic veera SanjayC ji,
Coming from the dutty SA moneybags lot i HAVE to ask you can I bribe this Karma bitch into not biteing my arse?
KSKumar
BRFite

Post by KSKumar »

SanjayC wrote:
Then it would be the turn of Maharastrians, MPvasis, Gujaratis, Oriyas and so on. Don't be idiotic.

Both islamic and EJism is way exaggerated with regard to AP.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

This info is from a thought group on FB -- with BJP/RSS leaders like the below, the basic expectation of BJP not supporting T is misplaced, and no its not about NaMo, or SS or Advani. This is BJP as a collective unit, and it has been like that for a while
----------------------------------------------------------------
The year was 1984. Rajiv Gandhi swept into power with Congress ending with an astounding seat tally of 404. It was also the year when a fledgling BJP won just 2 seats in a tough situation, in the face of a sympathy wave for Rajiv Gandhi.
The winner of one of the two BJP seats was Shri C Janga Reddy from Hanmakonda Lok Sabha seat. He had his education in Uttar Pradesh and also served as a teacher there for over 10 years. He took active part in the separate Telangana Satyagraha movement. He also fought against the formation of Malapuram district in Kerala, which was communal decision taken by the Congress party. An active RSS member, Shri Reddy was imprisoned under the Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA) from November 14, 1975 to December 18, 1976 during the emergency. He was the member of the AP legislative assembly for three terms 1967-72, 1978-83 and 1983-84.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks calm down. All will be well in the end. If its not its not yet the end.

Singha, Comparisons make it easy to understand the issues but this was no Vijayanagara redux. For it did not have the conceptual vision of Vidyaranya, the resoluteness of Kamparaya who finished of the Madurai Sultantate, the literary prowess of Gangadevi who chronicled her husband's work, the mantritva (ministerial resposibility) of Timmarasu. On the other hand it had the excess of Deva Raya II(Potter's War) and the foolishness of Ramaraya(Talikota).

Under petty faction leaders like Neelam Sanjiva Reddy who violated the Gentlemens' Agreement (Dy CM for T region) before the ink was dry to constant petty fogging the Telangana side in almost every field it was a disaster waiting to happen, and mollycoddling MIM to gain over the Hyderabad Telangana folks. Nehru offerred to setup the IIT in Hyderabad in the 1956 and wanted land allocated. Sanjeeva Reddy refused. C Rajagopalachari offered the land in the Madras Governor's lands of Guindy Reserve forest! RECW was offered as first REC and land near Kazipet Railway station was given as the thinking was the railway workshop could give some training to the students :eek: . Intel wanted to open a plant in Hyd and CBN offered them Vizag as he had already bought up the land near the city! :eek:

With huge budget of Rs. 100K crores since the late 90s the leadership could have developed the state more equitably and even developed other areas instead of just Hyderabad. When I pointed this out in 2004 in the Naidunomics thread folks thought it was cruel. Thats the vision of the new Vijayanagara.

Looters cant be leaders. The first few episodes of the TV serial Chanakya had drilled that lesson but we forget.

As for Sushma Swaraj behavior, it goes back to the 1990s BJP Southern strategy. BJP under ABV-LKA duo was astounded at the strong Hindu undercurrent in the Southern States revealed by sending bricks to build Ram tmeple. This undercurrent was suppressed by caste groups played upon by British, and Congress and then TDP and JD. Karnataka and AP were idenitifed as possible states to get foot hold as TN was bastion of the DK group of parties. In Karnataka, Lingayats were the stream for BSY to gain power. After winning, he was treated badly to show him his place and he ended up showing BJP its place. In Telangana, the Velamas were identified as significant powerless leaders. But they could not jump into AP State BJP as it had its own people already leading it (Banias, Brahmins and some Reddies). AP is a tough state to break in as its a Congress fortress. It returned Mrs G with 39 seats out of 42 even after 1977 Emergency! However the power groups (Reddys in INC, Kammas in TDP, Naidus in both, Velamas in doldrums) are not equitabally represented. NTR broke the Congress spell in the early 1980s and TDP became a major power in India (UF chairman, NDA supporter). However TDP made the politicians into business men and vice versa with all India business presence and they lost the fighting instinct.

Here BJP decided to make its inroads into Telangana. Telangana was a quiet, dormant issue till in 1999, BJP first raked it up. KCR was still an MLA in TDP. the game was to get him to lead a movement and grant Telenagana. Sushma Swaraj is the Southern Strategy implementor. She befriended all sorts of 'corrupt' politicians and gave them support. So she has long standing stake in this issue.

However in 2004 elections Congress under YSR pre-empted this by offering KCR a better deal before the elections to defeat TDP. After coming to power, YSR had no intention of granting Telangana and KCR went into the political wilderness. YSR enlarged Greater Hyderabad thinking that would prevent the revival of the movement. And was correct in his assessment. Thus in 2009 when KCR joined with TDP they were still defeated. KCR even thought BJP will win and ment LKA before the 2009 results were announced!

YSR grew too big for his boots and started troubling 2G throne in Delhi. After his death in the helicopter, with in three months Congress decided to break Andhra Pradesh as it would reduce the biggest Southern state to a more managable level and at same time would cut YS Jagan, neutralize TDP.

BJP was still mouthing the support to division of AP all along. No one took them seriously as they had no power in Delhi. The extreme negative attitude in Andhra regions stalled the division so far. Along the way Congress realized it had no chances of winning in Andhra and hence were adamant in the division to get some stake in Telangana in the 17 seats at play. Meantime BJP power increased as Congress waned. And Sushma Swaraj seized the moment ot implement the old strategy in the last Lok Sabha. However the manner in which she did, due to her being a dilli billi, has rubbed Andhra and many in Karnataka wrong. She could have been less egregious in her manner but it shows her desire to cut Modi down in Andhra.

Instead of fighting for equitable divsion the current Andhra leaders indulged in kabuki theater to protect thier future status in a divided state. The present generation of political leaders from KKR, Bothcha, Ragagopal Venkiah Naidu, Pallam Raju, CBN etc will go down in history unsung, sunwept and more regretably unhung.

So knowing this background how does the future hold?

Well even after division in 17 Telangana BJP will get 1-2, Congress 2-3, MIM 1 or 2, TDP will get 2 and TRS rest. This is same as before!!!! If TRS joins COngress as being demanded it might be better. But then KCR is not an idiot for he knows its Modi after May 2014. So he has to keep it seprate to benefit the state.
In 25 Andhra it will be mostly YSJ and TDP with 1 Commie, 2 or 3 Congress. Same as before.

So who will these winners align with after May 2014? The one who will rule Delhi.

The AP state budget even during the turmoil presented by KKR was about Rs180K crores. So its rich region with bad leaders.
People are good so life marches on.
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

You are already left to your fate..What is required is stop the Yak Yak on what NaMo / BJP did or did not do.
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

Then, at that time leave us to our fate. We would

You are already left to your fate..What is required is stop the Yak Yak on what NaMo / BJP did or did not do.
Last edited by geeth on 19 Feb 2014 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SanjayC wrote:^^^ I have always believed that linguistic basis of creating states was a disaster, and as usual for all disastrous ideas floating at the time of Independence, this too got Nehru's support. It has only promoted regionalism and weakened the national identity, as Nehru was warned it would.

It would have been better to have created Indian states by drawing straight lines on the map, like in the US, so all this chest beating about language would have stopped.

It was quick easy way to bring about identity in the new nation state of India. Gandhiji supported the idea in 1928 INC session where the first language based idenitity was used. So please have a fight with the founding fathers.

If it were left ot Nehru, India would all have been modernised and old indentities subsumed in secular Indian of which he himself was not sure and is reflected in most PMs from his family and Gujral.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

RajeshA wrote:How does one say "Zeher ki Kheti" in Telugu?
"vishapu panTa" or "vishamu niDina panTa" or even "vishamu tO kUDina panTa"
khEt = field = polamu
khEtI = harvest = panTa

Isn't there another meaning for khEtI which is farming? If so,
khEtI = farming = vyavasAyamu
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

geeth wrote:You are already left to your fate..What is required is stop the Yak Yak on what NaMo / BJP did or did not do.
Really ? Give autonomy and better yet independence. That is leaving to fate in true sense.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Sanku wrote: The year was 1984. Rajiv Gandhi swept into power with Congress ending with an astounding seat tally of 404. It was also the year when a fledgling BJP won just 2 seats in a tough situation, in the face of a sympathy wave for Rajiv Gandhi.
The winner of one of the two BJP seats was Shri C Janga Reddy from Hanmakonda Lok Sabha seat. He had his education in Uttar Pradesh and also served as a teacher there for over 10 years. He took active part in the separate Telangana Satyagraha movement. He also fought against the formation of Malapuram district in Kerala, which was communal decision taken by the Congress party. An active RSS member, Shri Reddy was imprisoned under the Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA) from November 14, 1975 to December 18, 1976 during the emergency. He was the member of the AP legislative assembly for three terms 1967-72, 1978-83 and 1983-84.
Sanku-ji,
The information about Janga Reddy Chandupatla, who won from Hanamkonda, hides a convenient fact. The BJP, at that time, was in an alliance with NTR. It was NTR charisma that ensured the victory of Janga Reddy. After that, the man has contested from various Lok Sabha constituencies, including Hanamkonda, Warangal, Karimnagar, etc, but the man rarely gets more than 1 lakh votes. On his own, the best he has managed is around 1 lakh votes in Warangal in 1998.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

^^^ That hardly takes away from the main point, that BJP's has had a long studied support to T movement, as a party, in part owing to some of its earliest successful members from AP holding that view.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Sagar G wrote:
Lilo wrote:^ Yeah Yeah , we are a bunch of emotional suicidal sissies ( reps here go to SagarG ji) . You guys are chappan chatthi indic veeras .OK got it.
Oh please don't drag me into your pissing contest, you are twisting my words. The fact is BJP was never against the division and it would have happened even if BJP was in power. So either you guys can keep venting or grow up and look forward to the future.
Sagar G ji,
I thought you gave us permission to be our Sissie selves for a few days at least...
Sagar G wrote:Listen to this guy you all.

Why are people so scared of starting from scratch ??? It's not like people from Seemandhra who will wake up tommorrow will find themselves on ex-planet pluto !!!! You have a effing coastline to boot, you get it A COASTLINE !!!!! Do you guys have any idea how much economic benefits that can bring. Stop being sissies (OK be one for a few days but get over it soon) and use this opportunity to rebuild yourselves minus the warts in the previous state....
Reading your brilliant idea I got a brain freeze and went into my time capsule all the while being emotional sissy per yer advice and cowering in the dark corner of the capsule and posted the below linked post.

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 1#p1489671

What do you think of it ?
Did I get all of your main points correctly ?

Anyway I think I am beiginning to soothe my self (they call it self soothing I heard) - thanks for your advice I am happy already - yay!
KSKumar
BRFite

Post by KSKumar »

geeth wrote:You are already left to your fate..What is required is stop the Yak Yak on what NaMo / BJP did or did not do.
If one is left to one's fate, what else to do but to "yak, yak", as your eloquence put it?

You sxtill have not explained why you have your panties in a Gordian knot?

Are you scared silly that your great indicness will be bilked by us seemandhra goondas?

So your superman/batman/flash gordon superhero indics cannot stop a bunch of goondas from collecting hafta?

:rotfl: Chi, chi, what impotence.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

KSKumar wrote:Then it would be the turn of Maharastrians, MPvasis, Gujaratis, Oriyas and so on. Don't be idiotic.

lol These self proclaimed indicks at the end of the day will leave every state out because SA did not vote for BJP, WB voted for communists, Tamil voted for dravidian parties, kerala for communists, punjab for alkalis etc etc. Truly a moron brigade
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

ramana wrote:It was quick easy way to bring about identity in the new nation state of India. Gandhiji supported the idea in 1928 INC session where the first language based idenitity was used. So please have a fight with the founding fathers.
If it were left ot Nehru, India would all have been modernised and old indentities subsumed in secular Indian of which he himself was not sure and is reflected in most PMs from his family and Gujral.
States where people speaking similar languages are herded together -- this is nothing but sophisticated ghettoization and terribly weakens the national identity while people develop rabid attachment to artificially created administrative units because of common langauge. Should never have been done.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Sanku wrote:^^^ That hardly takes away from the main point, that BJP's has had a long studied support to T movement, as a party, in part owing to some of its earliest successful members from AP holding that view.
Saar - the BJP has espoused and dumped Telangana (from late 60s) so many times that BJP twists and turns on Telangana are not even news.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Rony wrote:
KSKumar wrote:Then it would be the turn of Maharastrians, MPvasis, Gujaratis, Oriyas and so on. Don't be idiotic.

lol These self proclaimed indicks at the end of the day will leave every state out because SA did not vote for BJP, WB voted for communists, Tamil voted for dravidian parties, kerala for communists, punjab for alkalis etc etc. Truly a moron brigade
Do you have a logical explanation why Hindus in these states always vote to power those who do not even pretend to represent Hindu interests but are actually hostile to them? How come this behaviour is never seen in Muslims and Christians?
Last edited by SanjayC on 19 Feb 2014 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

However the power groups (Reddys in INC, Kammas in TDP, Naidus in both, Velamas in doldrums)
ramanaji,
By naidus,do you mean kapus in both TDP and Congress.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Rony wrote:

Well to be honest, those who do not vote BJP today, but vote congress A +B +C +D are all paying for their Karmas in some way or the other. Bengal surely is. Bihar paid heavily for flirting with Lalu. UP is getting ravaged. Maha has completely lost its way etc etc. Delhi is enjoying the phele AAP treatment.

So in the end, people do pay for their choices. India is in dire straits because Indians in many places have not chosen to do the right thing.

This statement is currently being most acutely being felt by SA, because SA people had most strongly chosen to hitch their fortunes with congress, but yes, in general it is true.

Why do you think we want a congress mukt bharat ?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks some have already been warned. Do you want to continue and get the same?

In case you dont think this caution applies to you its is to the following:

SanjayC, geeth, SagarG, Maharathi Arjun for now.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Lilo garu: Is the following true?
The moment he came on to the Telangana firmament through his TRS, KCR targeted Tollywood. He warned the film industry against typecasting Telangana people as villains in movies. That was the time when villains were made to speak only in the Telangana jargon. The warning worked. There was a change in the Telugu film industry.
If so, is it possible that the othering which was at a subconscious level surfaced when the Tollywood shifted from Chennai to Hyderabad lock stock and barrel. If it shifts again out of Hyderabad to the new capital in SA (I would say it would be near vijayawada), then I predict that Seema people will be portrayed as villains The movie Ready is a small witness to what is to come I suppose.

I don't think anybody is happy that SA people feel that they got a raw deal. It is a wet wood "kAshTham" that has been lit by some so that it burns for a long time. Commons should see through the ploy and ignore the pyre until it runs out. No more from me.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Lilo wrote:Reading your brilliant idea I got a brain freeze and went into my time capsule all the while being emotional sissy per yer advice and cowering in the dark corner of the capsule and posted the below linked post.

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 1#p1489671

What do you think of it ?
Did I get all of your main points correctly ?

Anyway I think I am beiginning to soothe my self (they call it self soothing I heard) - thanks for your advice I am happy already - yay!
I still don't get what your problem is and why you and some other people are venting as if the world has come to an end. The division was asked for by the people and they got it now obviously some will feel that they have got a raw end of the deal but I fail to see how whining/fighting against each other is going to do any good.

Anyways if it pleases you then continue but don't drag me into it.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

SanjayC wrote:Do you have a logical explanation why Hindus in these states always vote to power those who do not even pretend to represent Hindu interests but are actually hostile to them?
No i don't but that does not mean "they deserved what they are getting" or "lets leave them to their fate". If you want to leave the peripheries and live in your comfort zone, the day won't be far when todays center becomes tomorrows periphery.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

svenkat, its splitting hairs. When big picture is painted to look at some minor point and throw the picture away.

yes Kapus are subset of Naidus.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

ramana wrote:Folks some have already been warned. Do you want to continue and get the same?

In case you dont think this caution applies to you its is to the following:

SanjayC, geeth, SagarG, Maharathi Arjun for now.
What !!!! I abused no one why am I getting named !!!!!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Sanku wrote: The year was 1984. Rajiv Gandhi swept into power with Congress ending with an astounding seat tally of 404. It was also the year when a fledgling BJP won just 2 seats in a tough situation, in the face of a sympathy wave for Rajiv Gandhi.
nageshks wrote: Sanku-ji,
The information about Janga Reddy Chandupatla, who won from Hanamkonda, hides a convenient fact. The BJP, at that time, was in an alliance with NTR. It was NTR charisma that ensured the victory of Janga Reddy. After that, the man has contested from various Lok Sabha constituencies, including Hanamkonda, Warangal, Karimnagar, etc, but the man rarely gets more than 1 lakh votes. On his own, the best he has managed is around 1 lakh votes in Warangal in 1998.
It was NTR wave. I beleive it was PVNR who lost that seat. We never cared about Indira's death too. NTR has something called as mitrapakshalu means friendly parties. It was always an alliance of TDP+BJP+Left
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Muppalla wrote:
Narayana Rao wrote:http://www.rediff.com/news/report/why-b ... 140219.htm

We know the true colors of Sushma now.
If this is true then she really needs to be shown the door. But I suspect the rediff articles. My take is it will be passed even in RS with no much stoppage. Let us see if it will be any otherway. They can't afford to get it back to LS again. But if they do all the folks who are critical of BJP has to eat crow. :)

Telangana state formation could be avoided if and only if there was never a grand declaration by Sonia and Chidu in 2009 after YSR's death. Everything after that was drama and waiting for a time so that their government in AP or even center is not lost in the mid term. All these folks such as Lagdapati, KKR, Rayapati, Kavuri and scores of INC folks are doing dramas as orchestrated. They clinged on until the end while things are being done per plan.

Criticizing BJP is like "Prusta thaadanath dantha banghaha" (meaning I slapped you on the back but your tooth fell down). This is completely unrelated. In Telugu it is said very crudely as "muddi meeda kodithe moothi pallu ralayee" :)

Folks need to calm down. BJP even if it tried to put a lot of financial stuff it will still get passed. The financial stuff is only to soothe SA commoners. Even now when Modi becomes PM or as a campaign in SA if it goes with TDP, they can still promise to do the required justice. They can add to manifesto.

The hurt feeling is because of a hope that you stop this now so that you can buy another term to keep stopping it.This ain't going to happen for ever. The seperate T movement had reached a stage where it is not the same as 1960s one. At that time there are only few shakers and movers but this time it was common T person who are sold on the theory that they will be better off if they have a state of their own.

Congress had all the time to do the division nicely and peacefully but it chose to do most dirtily and showing a middle finger to SA folks.

If you want really blame the persons who are real real reason for this split, then just blame only the congress folks of SA. No one else is the reason. TDP is also a victim only.

Whatever BJP do, it will still look like a fool. It is better to build from here. The Telugus havedefeated themselves a vision that their forefathers had when they really wanted to revive a very glorious cultural entity of past big Telugu kingoms that were indic and back bone of India of the past. Introspection leads to the blame clearly on the SA side. When you build on a such a vision, you cannot bring in cronyism and dirty parts of casteism as basis for polity. It is always expected to show leadership from SA because they are better off than Telangana. They did not show in the last decade and half. Once you weaken your fabric, you lose because a lot more will put their hands to exploit the weaknesses. Sonia maam has exploited Telugus and live with that fact. Instead of showing off anger to BJP or something else the best path is to build new bridges. The pride is lost and hurt but could be rebuilt in a different way. Telugus are more equiped now than they were in 1940s or 1960s.

Don't fall for anger on BRF or Twitter handles. SA commoner is not so angry with BJP. As per IBTL survey, 81% blame INC and only 8% blame BJP for the bifurcation. Also, TDP will still win 15 out of 25. This great Jagan ain't going any big. As emotions simmer in things will be way different.

Modi and CBN has a lot of work to do and use the anger against INC as elections come closure. Even on Telangana side, the story is not going to be a grand sweep of TRS+INC. The victory celebrations are only for few day. Life goes normal and then it will be again seat by seat. TRS merger with congress means there is a potential split by KCR's nephiew and that could be into BJP. Modi will give a path to CBN so that the alliance will happen. Otherwise T-TDP will just merge into BJP. That will happen over a period anyway. The bad part is Velama+Muslim combo will be built in the short term and that will lead Telangana to a mullah centric vote bank politics which was avoided all the time.
KSKumar
BRFite

Post by KSKumar »

matrimc wrote:Lilo garu: Is the following true?
The moment he came on to the Telangana firmament through his TRS, KCR targeted Tollywood. He warned the film industry against typecasting Telangana people as villains in movies. That was the time when villains were made to speak only in the Telangana jargon. The warning worked. There was a change in the Telugu film industry.
If so, is it possible that the othering which was at a subconscious level surfaced when the Tollywood shifted from Chennai to Hyderabad lock stock and barrel. If it shifts again out of Hyderabad to the new capital in SA (I would say it would be near vijayawada), then I predict that Seema people will be portrayed as villains The movie Ready is a small witness to what is to come I suppose.

I don't think anybody is happy that SA people feel that they got a raw deal. It is a wet wood "kAshTham" that has been lit by some so that it burns for a long time. Commons should see through the ploy and ignore the pyre until it runs out. No more from me.
Matrimc,

The movie portrayal business is silly. Most movies where something like that occurred, are actually set in Hydeabad. The background and context inevitably had portrayal of some villains speaking the Hyderabadi dialect,

Similarly, movies set in rayalaseema have murderous thugs chasing the heroes and appearing totally moronic.

KCR's was a political ploy. Nothing to be taken seriously.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

A lot of the SA politicians are big business men. Their primary objective will be their business interests. All this while they were walking a tight rope between the congress and the common SA folks, basically fooling the SA folks that they are trying to prevent bifurcation. There is no way they are going to antagonize the congress as it may have serious repercussions on their businesses. Any body in their position would look to carry all political parties with them, more so congress because it can be very vindictive. Their main aim was to get out of this mess by convincing SA people that they did their best to avoid bifurcation and they successfully managed to do this.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

matrimc wrote:Lilo garu: Is the following true?

Matrimc ji,
What is true and untrue only Bhagavan Krishna may know.
But as far as I observed Seema factionists with hair growing out of their ears often made better villains than the rest combined and I used to shake emotionally in the dark corner of the theater as if a stake of fear has been driven through my heart when I saw a seema villian - in comparision the villains from telangana like goons and doras always seemed destined for doom when faced against herrows like Mr Narayana murthy with his blood shot anger filled eyes.

In fact his righteous indignation was so powerful that it often scared the shit out of me (even more than the villain) to my dutty cunning SA moneybag nature.
Last edited by Lilo on 19 Feb 2014 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

nageshks wrote:Saar - the BJP has espoused and dumped Telangana (from late 60s) so many times that BJP twists and turns on Telangana are not even news.
Do you mean Jan Sangh? IIRC there was no BJP in 60s. The then Jan Sangh merged into Janata party and after the dissolution of JP most Jan Sangh people formed BJP.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Muppalla wrote: It was NTR wave. I beleive it was PVNR who lost that seat. We never cared about Indira's death too. NTR has something called as mitrapakshalu means friendly parties. It was always an alliance of TDP+BJP+Left
Muppalla-ji,
I wrote a long post on the whole affair viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6610&start=3596. Would welcome your opinion whether if I am fooling myself, or have read the situation correctly.