AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by vivek.rao »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... ttarget=no
Candidates put up by the Congress and the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) against each other in some constituencies clearly indicate a 'tacit collusion' between the two parties that are otherwise ranged against each other.

"K Chandrasekhar Rao has chosen to field last-minute defectors or weak candidates against the Congress in many constituencies and the latter reciprocated with equal goodwill," a political analyst said.

The Congress was the first to send the 'friendly contest' message by shifting Medak MP Vijayashanti to Medak Assembly seat. Vijayashanti was eager to take on TRS president KCR in Medak as she is the sitting MP. However, once the TRS chief made public his intention to contest the Lok Sabha as well as Gajwel Assembly in Medak, the Congress decided to avoid a confrontation. Vijayashanti, who had joined the Congress recently, was persuaded to opt for the Medak Assembly seat. "Fielding Vijayashanti against KCR in Medak would vitiate the relationship between the two parties as Vijayashanti left the TRS after being allegedly ill treated by KCR. So, the Congress high command picked up Shravan Kumar Reddy, a novice in politics, to contest against the TRS heavyweight," a Congress source pointed out.

In the Sircilla Assembly seat in Karimnagar district, the TRS has re-nominated KT Rama Rao, sitting MLA and son of KCR. To ensure that he has a smooth sailing, the Congress has fielded former DCC president K Ravinder Rao, a Velama, who is seen as no match for KTR. "Had the Congress fielded a SC, BC or a Reddy candidate, the Sircilla contest would have seen a polarization between Velama and other castes. In the absence of members of other castes being in the fray, KTR should have it easy," said a Congress leader from the district. KTR is a Velama.

In 2009, KTR won narrowly with a margin of just 171 votes because the Congress fielded a strong Reddy candidate. The anti-Velama vote got consolidated in favour of Congress candidate KK Mahender Reddy. This time, the Congress does not want to play the card played by then CM YS Rajasekhara Reddy, who had in 2009 wanted to finish off the TRS.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

JP is an alum of Andhra Loyola College (A Jesuit institution managed by jesuits even now) and also where YSR studied for a year. I hope his head has not been shaped while he was there. At the outset ALC doesn't seem to be in the same mold as St. Stephens. What about Loyola, Chennai (which is part of the Jesuit Higher Education Network?).

Jesuits certainly do good work especially in logic and law (Georgetown for example is a Jesuit school). There are also several Jesuit convents of high quality education in Hyderabad. But some of the alumni I have come across are steeped in Christian ways even if they are born in Hindu families.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

also, I would suggest people to step back and see if these reports of Kishan Reddy being disgruntled are true or not. let's not start trusting the media so much that we let go of the usual skepticism on many other reports that we see.

the coming weeks will tell us the real story. now that Modi is in charge, If Kishan is playing sabotage, he will have his comeuppance soon.

and can the SA-vadis please stop calling him Chicken Reddy? I know that any politician batting for Telangana is an anathema for SA folks. but really...I have not seen similar persistent, and almost vengeful name-calling against Chiranjeevi who is an even more petty and useless character than Kishan.

why this persistent hatred against Kishan? just because he refused to yield to the SA-TDP without a fight? and all of you wonder why there is a strong section of T which wants TDP gone from Telangana...
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

devesh wrote:..and can the SA-vadis please stop calling him Chicken Reddy? I know that any politician batting for Telangana is an anathema for SA folks. but really...I have not seen similar persistent, and almost vengeful name-calling against Chiranjeevi who is an even more petty and useless character than Kishan.
Can you stop seeing ghosts where there are none ? Posts like these are very irritating to say the least. Can you prove that people who are using the name Chicken Reddy are SA-vadis and no one else ? Had Chiranjeevi been in BJP and had done zilch to the growth of BJP in Andhra and almost sabotaged a alliance because of caste and regional hatreds, he would have been called the same. Since he is in Congress, we are happy what is he is doing to Congress in Andhra.
devesh wrote:why this persistent hatred against Kishan? just because he refused to yield to the SA-TDP without a fight? and all of you wonder why there is a strong section of T which wants TDP gone from Telangana...
SA-TDP ? So all the Telangana people who are contesting under TDP are Telangana traitors to you ? That statement is so ignorant on so many levels. even if we assume for the sake of argument that TDP is SA, how come T-vadis are ok with a Italian Congress, are ok with a Nizam MIM, a "north Indian" BJP but huge problem with next door SA-TDP ? Paki syndrome ? BTW, there is no SA. There is Andhra Pradesh and there is Telangana.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

^^^ Then why single him out ? Why nothing against other leaders for not developing BJP either in Telangan or Andhra ? It's clearly obvious where the bias is coming from.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

yvijay wrote:^^^ Then why single him out ? Why nothing against other leaders for not developing BJP either in Telangan or Andhra ? It's clearly obvious where the bias is coming from.
What is "clearly obvious" to you may not the case with others. Since you are the one accusing how about proving that people who use chicken reddy are from AP (as in SA) and not from anywhere else . A far simpler explanation is KR is the man of the moment, is the current chief of BJP in T and had done zilch in developing BJP in T but displays immense talent in trying to sabotage alliance with TDP. Since many in this forum (and not all of them are from SA) favor a TDP-BJP alliance or a corresponding effort to strength BJP if the alliance fails and he failed on both counts, they are not comfortable with his dramabazi.
Last edited by Rony on 10 Apr 2014 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Converts are normally more faithful than the original followers. We had this lady, a physician, who was staying with us. We go to a temple and get a coconut. Next day it was idlee and cocunut chutney and the lady refused to eat the chutney because it was made from 'prasadam'
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

that's why you have a the saying - more catholic than the pope or zeal of the converted
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

saip:

You should have given her a lecture.

You may act like a coconut, but you will never be a lily (white).
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

VikramS wrote:saip:

She could be a white.
member_23061
BRFite

Post by member_23061 »

Does the 2011 census show religious division of each state? I am trying to find it but could not. Where is the 12 percent figure from? Is it an exponential rise from 2001???
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

12 % Christian population ? If thats is from 2011 official census, then thats a huge increase if true. In 2001 census, its approx 2 %.

In 2001 census, Muslims are approx 10% in AP (T & AP) . Now we can safely assume it to be 2% more i.e. 12%

Which basically means that Hindu population in AP is now approx 76% which is a historical low for the first time
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

saip wrote:Converts are normally more faithful than the original followers. We had this lady, a physician, who was staying with us. We go to a temple and get a coconut. Next day it was idlee and cocunut chutney and the lady refused to eat the chutney because it was made from 'prasadam'
Saar, its a good thing only, no? I mean its better that such people don't get the prasadham. I think its wrong that people offer prasadham to people who don't respect it. Prasadham should be given only to those who respect it in my humble view. Giving it to people who have no objection is not enough. It should be given to only those who respect it. There is a difference between those who respect it and those don't have objection it. Merely not having an objection is not enough. It is not just some food item. It is holy and should be treated as such.

I think the lady was right in not taking the prasadham even in other forms because she does not have the faith. Its good that she sticks to her faith even if it is a mistaken one. It would be better if she can follow through her zeal and check whether her creed is original or just based on some kind of copying/crypto from other creeds. Even if it is original, one needs to evaluate whether the creed is logically right or wrong. The least is that should not have self-contradictions. Unfortunately, most of these creeds don't have much philosophy and have lots of self-contradictions.

----
I think BJP got a very good deal with TDP in AP. I think CBN is afraid to lose and therefore is being extra-cautious. Personally, I think BJP got a better deal than they deserve based on their strength on ground. CBN seems to be not interested in taking any chance and leaving open a risk of losing by thing margin of vote share. So, he is trying to plug all gaps. And its clear that BJP will form the next govt, so he wants to be part of that. It also seems that TDP needs money(to compete with others. AP seems to be the most expensive elections) which the alliance with BJP can bring.

I think BJP now has a chance to show what it is capable of. I personally think that all the ground work will have to be done by TDP only even for the BJP to win its own seats. BJP is just making hay in the name of Modi. Its not even T sentiment, only Modi for BJP.

I think TDP has been under problems because of CBN. AP split is like a testimony to the failure of CBN. Ideally, after 2009 loss, CBN should have been replaced by someone else. But, CBN did not allow any other alternative to grow to remain unchallenged. This is very similar to BJP's case. If BJP had not brought up Modi and had gone with Advani again, what would have been the situation of BJP? Compared to that, TDP is doing better. But, if TDP had managed to bring in a change in leadership(someone with proven trackrecord), then TDP would also have reaped the benefits just like BJP is reaping the benefits of bringing in Modi.

One of the major factors in the popularity of Modi is the image of Hindhuthva. CBN's main drawback is lack of ideology(which seem to be based on lack of convictions) which opens him for compromises. If TDP was able to bring in some change in leadership perhaps with some Hindhuthva image or inclinations, then TDP could also have generated similar wave in AP(including T). Inspite of all these problems, TDP is doing better because of the anti-kongi wave.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Rony wrote:12 % Christian population ? If thats is from 2011 official census, then thats a huge increase if true. In 2001 census, its approx 2 %.

In 2001 census, Muslims are approx 10% in AP (T & AP) . Now we can safely assume it to be 2% more i.e. 12%

Which basically means that Hindu population in AP is now approx 76% which is a historical low for the first time
Saar, it is commonplace for Christians to overstate their numbers. If they are claiming 12% in AP, I would honestly put down the figure about 50% lower (which does agree with a DLHS survey in 2008, which found 7% Christians) in AP.

Update: If he thinks there are 12% Christians in SA, then that might be true. But Muslims are much lower in SA.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Even a 7% figure is a dangerous improvement from the earlier 2% with no less help from YSR with TDP/Naidu turning a blind eye. If YSRC comes this time, then all bets are off. I keep on emphasizing this Christian aspect of Jagan/YSRC but it does not penetrate the thick skulls of my friends sadly. They keep seeing him as a Reddy first and foremost. At the most they are worried about his corruption but they simply don't care whether he is a EJ or not. Unfortunately Castiesm is triumphing on Hindu side while EJism (irrespective of caste) is triumphing on Christian side.

On the flip side, TDP supporters as well don't care about EJ actions.They only want to expose Jagan corruption and his covert links to Congress.Thats all. Unless either TDP moves more towards Hindutva or some good leadership in BJP emerges and make it strong, AP is going to become another Kerala or Southern TN.
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

fanne wrote:that's why you have a the saying - more catholic than the pope or zeal of the converted
None, more chaste than a reformed whore!
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

TDP-BJP pact: Naidu’s tricky tango with Modi
For Naidu, the alliance’s revival after a decade in separation could be a double-edged weapon. There’s evidence of a Modi buzz in segregated parts of the state. But the partnership has as much potential to hurt as to help the TDP in Seemandhra and the BJP in Telangana. The saffron party was upfront about its support for Telangana while the TDP prevaricated.

The expectation that guided the rapprochement is that the TDP would offset the anti-BJP sentiment in Seemandhra; the latter a possible antidote for Naidu in Telangana.

But would the alliance’s rivals let that happen?

Regardless of the recent dip in its brand value, Jaganmohan’s YSR Congress is relatively stronger than the TDP in Seemandhra; the Congress and the TRS are as much capable of exploiting the dichotomous alliance in the proposed new state.

The odds also seem against Naidu in terms of what he has had to forsake. He has already conceded 62 of united Andhra’s 294 assembly seats to the BJP. The number will touch 100 after accommodating defectors from the Congress.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

matrimc wrote:
VikramS wrote:saip:

She could be a white.
Except she is not, she is from AP and a Reddy.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

JohneeG Thanks for the insights. Keep it coming.

CBN's problem which is AP probelm is the internal dynamics.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

It is indeed strange that APFC etc don't bother about corruption at all. That corrupt YSR admin ruled the state for decades don't matter. What matters for such people, even international observers is 'communal forces' :rotfl: meaning Hindutva??

Shows how secularism is just a cover for power grab and has been for 10 years.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Talked to someone who knows Kishan Reddy and his thinking.

Macro and not just him. The feeling after State division is they will get a chance to guide their futures. TDP lingering Telangana is an anathema as it reminds them of old sores.

Kishan Reddy wants to build up BJP in the state. It can happen if Congress fizzles for then the exodus will be to BJP if TDP is not there. In Andhra Congress is gone and the exodus is to BJP and TDP. He is voice of those who want to grow BJP by being party of choice.

The current round T Elite are with KCR and his TRS. However its a one family show and has its contradictions and will break apart later.
Unfortunately he has not been able to make his arguments at this time as national BJP needs CBN to win. By protesting too much he has become fall guy for his supporters.

I think if he perseveres and does a good job now he will be successful.

On another note T Kiran you are right.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Look at the united AP BJP website under Kishen Reddy. No mention of Modi under 'About our leaders'. Also Modi is absent from the main picture although he is present in other areas.

http://ap.bjp.org
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Ramana gaaru, i am not able to decipher why Nancy Powell should visit AP when entire AP was boiling about their future, whereas she herself was under so much of watch by Indian Intelligence? She did not make any other trip after that till she was asked to quit. She must have herself misappropriated funds or her agents ate away money without a trave. None of the objectives were met with. She must have believed somebody, she should not have. Anyways, Daylight robbery is also one of the 64 fine arts. Gross incompetence of NP
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

Does this have anything to do with KVP's indictment in some boondocks court of USA.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

ShankarCag wrote:Does this have anything to do with KVP's indictment in some boondocks court of USA.

Also, Sabita Indra Reddy's persecution
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

BJP has got a deal more than their actual strength and I fear they are going to lose quite a few of these seats. NM or no NM you can not go from single MLA seat in 2009 to winning MP seats in more than a dozen places in 2014. I feel Kishan Reddy is playing Chinnamma game from the start and may not win his own seat. CBN workers in various places will not vote to people like Purandareswari at any cost.

TDP will win may be 15 seats in entire AP and BJP will be zero. I do hope I am wrong but as per people I have spoken trasfer of votes between TDP and BJP is going to be big problem in T seats and AP BJP candidates like Purandhareswari will never get TDP votes.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Rony wrote:Look at the united AP BJP website under Kishen Reddy. No mention of Modi under 'About our leaders'. Also Modi is absent from the main picture although he is present in other areas.

http://ap.bjp.org
Check menu item "BJP Leadership"! No NaMo!
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

^

Yep. And they go around the town asking votes under modi leadership name.

Also, If we look at Kishen Reddy profile, he cited this as one of his 'other significant achievements'

- Participated in World vision - 2000 conference held at Washington D.C. USA

Does he not know World vision is one of the breaking India forces and on the forefront of conversion activities in AP and other parts of India ?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

If G. Kishan Reddy is such good friends with Jaganmohan Reddy, as rumors say, then the Missionary angle can't be out of the question! Also this guy seems to have good relations with Sussam Storm, so CON-SPY-RACEY says that he is a Congress man put up in Telangana BJP as a mole.

He may have decided this time to give in to TDP-BJP alliance, as he was sidelined from negotiations, but he may be there for the long term resistance within BJP.

Under Telangana Regionalism, there could be other agendas that can be hidden and carried out. Something similar to Dravidianism.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ RajeshA garu

It is a open secret that the whole reddy community got deep penetration of EJs. many families have members who belong to jesuskula. they compromised to that fact and have been doing inter-religious marriages within reddy community. You never know which side is acting when a person/family makes a decision.

this is going to spread into Kamma and then Kapu communities also if the current trend is not reversed.

Thats why I laughed at bimbos who think they can defeat Caste system. Caste system trumped Religion everywhere including Western nations.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Kishen Reddy is neither sold out nor bad guy. Just attending some conferences does not make someone as motivated. We have to give benefit of doubt. Just because we all want TDP to survive doesn't make all those who oppose TDP are sold out.
There are several others like Kishen Reddy who want a TDP mukt Telangana. Basically as Telangana is a separate state they want politics that is not aligned with politics of residual AP. I spoke to him just before bifurcation. He clearly said that if the state is not bifurcated, he has no issue in going with TDP but if the state gets bifurcated he said he don't like to go with them.

His reasoning is that TRS will win anyway. If there is no congress at center and if TRS rules the state, the T-congress party will unravel itself and Reddys have to find a new home and BJP will be the right choice. In addition, the hindu oriented peasant classes that are currently homed with TDP will also find route into BJP. A Reddy+OBCs+SC/ST Vs Velamas+Muslims is the future vision. Now TDP in T is ras-mae-haddi because it is building a Settlers+OBC. His point is that this TDP build up is not going to give any great dividends and for few seats why should we give a long rope?

However, there are several other BJP old men in T-BJP want to go with TDP and want to win for now using the Modi wave. Kishen Reddy's fear is that if for some reason TDP survives big time the unraveling takes more time. Strategically he is right and lot of may not like it.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

^^ World Vision is Vhristian missionary conversion agency. Attending conferences means you are a EJ agent. Lets not dither on it. Please!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Boss, Kishen Reddy is not any christian missionary agent. He is struggling to bring up BJP in AP because of lack of funds. Most of the BJP folks do everything on their own and their political competetors are slush with thousands of crores. We can criticize them for not having vision or useless in the midst of AP politics. All he is trying is to see the opponents crumble and take advantage. Nothing more and nothing less. Meanwhile, the media, twitter is doing a mudslinging and propaganda. I disagree with his being adamant and not falling in line. I doubt he has any hidden agenda.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RamaY wrote:^ RajeshA garu

It is a open secret that the whole reddy community got deep penetration of EJs. many families have members who belong to jesuskula. they compromised to that fact and have been doing inter-religious marriages within reddy community. You never know which side is acting when a person/family makes a decision.

this is going to spread into Kamma and then Kapu communities also if the current trend is not reversed.

Thats why I laughed at bimbos who think they can defeat Caste system. Caste system trumped Religion everywhere including Western nations.
RamaY garu, this is not true. Kammas and Reddys are EJs from time immemorial. In Guntur and Prakasam districts, the EJizations of Kammas started even before independence. This is all visible now and we ascribe to YSR etc, but this crap is there even before anyone of us are born. Vijayawada and Guntur are the capitals of EJism.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

vivek.rao wrote:^^ World Vision is Vhristian missionary conversion agency. Attending conferences means you are a EJ agent. Lets not dither on it. Please!
If Kishen Reddy is missionary agent then the biggest agent is CBN himself for giving audience and taking blessings from KA.Paul and also telling that he will rpvide SC reservation to Dalit converts.

However, we give a break to CBN because he has do to some dirt in a dirt-ridden-society called AP. But when it comes to Kishen Reddy we call all kinds of names.

We have to disagree with Kishen Reddy but there is no need to fall for character assassination that is being spread.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Muppllaji - I am not trying to oppose what you say. You have better instincts and great info on many political things. I don't mean to negate you.

I have seen influence of YSR on several Reddy friends. They suddenly start putting Jesus in the front rooms and claim they are christians. YSR had such a grip on several folks.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Muppalla wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:^^ World Vision is Vhristian missionary conversion agency. Attending conferences means you are a EJ agent. Lets not dither on it. Please!
If Kishen Reddy is missionary agent then the biggest agent is CBN himself for giving audience and taking blessings from KA.Paul and also telling that he will rpvide SC reservation to Dalit converts.

However, we give a break to CBN because he has do to some dirt in a dirt-ridden-society called AP. But when it comes to Kishen Reddy we call all kinds of names.

We have to disagree with Kishen Reddy but there is no need to fall for character assassination that is being spread.
Also, if you look at his twitter account, it's all about Namo.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vivek the practice is to have Jesus figurine in the closet. So unless you go into the house you dont know who is who.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Rony wrote:12 % Christian population ? If thats is from 2011 official census, then thats a huge increase if true. In 2001 census, its approx 2 %.

nageshks wrote: Saar, it is commonplace for Christians to overstate their numbers. If they are claiming 12% in AP, I would honestly put down the figure about 50% lower (which does agree with a DLHS survey in 2008, which found 7% Christians) in AP.

Update: If he thinks there are 12% Christians in SA, then that might be true. But Muslims are much lower in SA.
12% is absolutely true figure. No doubt about it. Christians in AP will be more compared to Telangana. Muslims will be far less compared to Telangana. Forward caste converts will be extremely meagre/negligible in Telangana.

Why Jagan or YSR is able to call shots? Just extrapolate like this:
A 7% Reddy community being the leaders of INC were able to dominate AP politics for about 60 years. A 6% Kamma population were able to dominate AP politics for about 25 years via TDP.

The forward caste converts many be 0.5% but they have same memes when it comes to leading EJ politics. 0.5% can lead the state even though they are only 12% with right money + divisive caste politics. That is why Jagan is a force even though EJs are just 12%.

Take the same to Telangana and read out Devesh's posts. Inside Muslims, there may be just 1% Ashrafs but they can create a force using doras of the past to create a force on themselves.

That is why there is need on both sides a party build up with a purer-no-non-sense Hindu based structures that takes care of this spread.