Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by ramana »

T Kiran, Tharu vaata.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Muppalla garu,

from all that I've learned from the posts here and elsewhere, I just think that there is ZERO EJ-fear among the Andhra people. It is as if if somebody is doing EJ work, it is no big deal and one's support or lack of support to him is independent of that. People are not sensitized about the threat.

I do hope that in the coming years there is a concerted ideological attack by Hindutva on Christianity itself, dealing with agenda of mental and political slavery, doubts about existence of Jesus itself, Christianity being a West Asian variation of a Buddhist movement led by closet Buddhists, pre-Nicene Creed thinking about Jesus, reinterpretation of the Bible, etc.

On many such themes johneeG garu and others have also dwelt on! (Reverse Inculturation Thread and elsewhere)

I respect Rajiv Malhotra ji's work, but it stops at fighting for mutual respect. I think that is a false utopia. One cannot plead for respect or mercy from an imperialist predatory project.

Of course such an ideological attack needs to be accompanied with damming the foreign funding to various Churches and confiscating any ill-gotten Church land by non-Orthodox Churches in India.

Moreover Hindutvavadis have to become hyper-sensitized to whether somebody is part of the EJ-project or not. It is no loss if one keeps an eye on G. Kishan Reddy, especially as he has been the BJP man in AP, and yet has not been able to expand BJP's footprint there. Again this is what I have understood from the comments here.

I may be wrong about him and if I am, I'll be only happy about it.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

RamaY wrote:It is a open secret that the whole reddy community got deep penetration of EJs.this is going to spread into Kamma and then Kapu communities also if the current trend is not reversed.
Muppalla wrote:RamaY garu, this is not true. Kammas and Reddys are EJs from time immemorial.
Agree with Muppala garu. Kammas are not exception.They just don’t have “high profile” EJs like Reddy’s. Even Kapus are not exception. K.A.Paul is a Kapu. EJ thing is spread among all ‘forward castes’. There are even Raju EJs who are in EJ business but boast about their ‘Raju caste’ . And they are already widely spread among lower castes. It is their attacks on all castes which makes them more dangerous now. Penetration of upper castes (who has all the money, muscle and political power) is their coup-d-etat which changes the dynamics of the game in their favor.
Muppalla wrote: If Kishen Reddy is missionary agent then the biggest agent is CBN himself for giving audience and taking blessings from KA.Paul and also telling that he will rpvide SC reservation to Dalit converts
That is not the point. CBN is a ‘secular’ fellow with no Hindutva morals or pretensions who changes colors based on new realities. We support him only because we see him better among the worst and tina factor in AP. But Kishen Reddy as a BJP regional chief who is expected to know about Hindutva/BJP ideology is expected to be a different beast and should know better what World Vision represents. I don’t expect every BJP leader to be like RamSwarup/Sitaram Goel/ Rajiv Malhotra/SL Bhyrappa/Tripuraneni Hanuman Chowdhary but they should at least have a basic understanding of forces especially EJ forces (in T/AP context) who are out to destabilize India.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Rony wrote: That is not the point. CBN is a ‘secular’ fellow with no Hindutva morals or pretensions who changes colors based on new realities. We support him only because we see him better among the worst and tina factor in AP. But Kishen Reddy as a BJP regional chief who is expected to know about Hindutva/BJP ideology is expected to be a different beast and should know better what World Vision represents. I don’t expect every BJP leader to be like RamSwarup/Sitaram Goel/ Rajiv Malhotra/SL Bhyrappa/Tripuraneni Hanuman Chowdhary but they should at least have a basic understanding of forces especially EJ forces (in T/AP context) who are out to destabilize India.
If Kishen Reddy is really into these crypto missionary stuff then I agree with you. However, there is a lot of rumor mongering and mud slinging going on. we have to give benefit of doubt.

He definitely have certain out-of-box political strategies that did not fly with central-BJP. I doubt he is a saboteur. That is all I am saying. Meeting idiots and attending confs as a president has nothing in it.

Side note- KaPaul called my friend here who is an ex-OFBJP pres to get a meeting with Modi. He instead sent him to Rajnath who did not entertain a blessing session :) and in the end he ended up with the same session with CBN. The EJ drivel is deeper and we should watch out as they dupe by meeting few stalwarts from entire political spectrum.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

The problem with forward caste EJs in AP (both T and current AP) is that they use their forward caste status to downplay their EJ ness whenever required and get support from their Hindu co-caste people. It is similar to Pakjabi Sehgal's, Sahni's, Bhatti's, Chaudhary's Chauhan's, Talwar's, Rathore's, Bajwa's using their caste and linguistic affiliation to mask their pakiness and seek support from their Indian Hindu/Sikh counterparts for their 'South Asia' project.Only people who are aware of the game can see through the ploy. And those who are aware of the game both in Punjab/Delhi/North India (in Paki/Islamism context) or in AP/Tamil Nadu/Kerala (in EJ context) are in minority.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Now Rony think back to 2008-2009 all that happened.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

yvijay wrote: Also, if you look at his twitter account, it's all about Namo.
If you remember, long time ago before NaMo was declared as PM candidate and we have long discussion of LKA Vs Modi on Modi thread, I wrote about an electoral college and voting. Kishen Reddy ensured that AP BJP votes for Modi only. I knew the news of 90% votes to Modi across the BJP units of India from him only.

Criticism of BJP not growing under him is valid. However, he being a sell-out is a doubtful one. He told us once here that in AP panchayat election spending is running into crores and BJP even does not have a crore to spend for a Parl candidate. He also told most of the BJP folks come on bikes to party offices and not cars. Unless there is massive shift from the way AP-BJP operates we have no chance per him. I asked him why not make BJP go casteistic route which is the ground in AP? He said Reddys are with INC and velamas are with TRS and where is the third caste here that can have political pulls? He may have thought that BJP should be converted to Reddy party of TG once INC unravels. From that perspective, TRS should win massively and rule TG in the first term while Modi rules center. In addition, TG has to get rid of TDP. That idea is something he does not hide. But he said, he will abide by central command.

He even said one time that Modi is not ABV/LKA and is very marwaadi style. :) Modi asked for booth wise list of TG-BJP and percentage of votes from past elections when he proposed to not go with TDP. He admitted that he has no answers to Modi even to convince anything against the alliance. BJP+TDP decision is taken months ago before all the recent drama.

The thing that I don't know in that why he was shafted out from Sec'Bad constituency as he is supposed to come to center. I will get a shock of my life if he turns out to be a sellout as it will collapse the belief system :).
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:
RamaY wrote:It is a open secret that the whole reddy community got deep penetration of EJs.this is going to spread into Kamma and then Kapu communities also if the current trend is not reversed.
Muppalla wrote:RamaY garu, this is not true. Kammas and Reddys are EJs from time immemorial.
Agree with Muppala garu. Kammas are not exception.They just don’t have “high profile” EJs like Reddy’s. Even Kapus are not exception. K.A.Paul is a Kapu. EJ thing is spread among all ‘forward castes’. There are even Raju EJs who are in EJ business but boast about their ‘Raju caste’ . And they are already widely spread among lower castes. It is their attacks on all castes which makes them more dangerous now. Penetration of upper castes (who has all the money, muscle and political power) is their coup-d-etat which changes the dynamics of the game in their favor.
Ex BJP central minister Krishnam Raju (Actor -> TDP -> BJP -> PRP -> BJP) family also has converts (Actor Prabhas parents I think). Kammas are in reverse trend towards BJP, mainly because Hindu Kammas don't entertain converts. That trend is not yet prevalent in Reddys and that disease touched even in T-Reddies.

BJP should neuter any political advantage to converts which automatically stops EJ non-sense.

Best EJ we want is KA Paul. He has self-glory of flying in Boeing plane, controlling world leaders under his feet, putting curses on enemy leaders like YSR, and stopping 7 wars in the world. :D
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Muppalla wrote:
yvijay wrote: Also, if you look at his twitter account, it's all about Namo.
If you remember, long time ago before NaMo was declared as PM candidate and we have long discussion of LKA Vs Modi on Modi thread, I wrote about an electoral college and voting. Kishen Reddy ensured that AP BJP votes for Modi only. I knew the news of 90% votes to Modi across the BJP units of India from him only.

Criticism of BJP not growing under him is valid. However, he being a sell-out is a doubtful one. He told us once here that in AP panchayat election spending is running into crores and BJP even does not have a crore to spend for a Parl candidate. He also told most of the BJP folks come on bikes to party offices and not cars. Unless there is massive shift from the way AP-BJP operates we have no chance per him. I asked him why not make BJP go casteistic route which is the ground in AP? He said Reddys are with INC and velamas are with TRS and where is the third caste here that can have political pulls? He may have thought that BJP should be converted to Reddy party of TG once INC unravels. From that perspective, TRS should win massively and rule TG in the first term while Modi rules center. In addition, TG has to get rid of TDP. That idea is something he does not hide. But he said, he will abide by central command.

He even said one time that Modi is not ABV/LKA and is very marwaadi style. :) Modi asked for booth wise list of TG-BJP and percentage of votes from past elections when he proposed to not go with TDP. He admitted that he has no answers to Modi even to convince anything against the alliance. BJP+TDP decision is taken months ago before all the recent drama.

The thing that I don't know in that why he was shafted out from Sec'Bad constituency as he is supposed to come to center. I will get a shock of my life if he turns out to be a sellout as it will collapse the belief system :).
The problem with Kishen Reddy is he thinks one thing in mind, talks one thing, and acts one thing. People put such people in suspect category automatically. I had pleasure of sitting 1-2 hrs through his speech when he visited US. I even called many years ago he is useless guy in AP politics.

He is product of BJP-Sushma-Gali-YSR. Whereas Dattatreya is product of BJP-MIM-TDP-Venkaiah. T-BJP is made up of Reddy group (INC/YSR-friendly), Velama group (TRS-friendly), BC group (TDP-friendly). If you see through Varga-Poru (group rivalry) you see why BJP is not cohesive. Modi factor keeps in check otherwise rebeling would have been much open.

http://www.andhraheadlines.com/state/da ... 29673.html
"The absence of BJP Telangana unit Chief Kishan Reddy’s images on the campaign vehicle of Bandaru Dattatreya, who is contesting from Secunderabad Lok Sabha seat, has raised eyebrows."
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

shyamSP wrote:Kammas are in reverse trend towards BJP, mainly because Hindu Kammas don't entertain converts. That trend is not yet prevalent in Reddys and that disease touched even in T-Reddies.
We should see if thats tactical or long term. But i read similar thing from Katti Padma Rao (EJ supporting “dalit activist” T-vadi who is originally from Andhra) and Dalel Benbabali (French-Algerian Muslim-Marxist whose anti-Kamma Phd thesis created a stir few months back) whining about Kammas increasingly becoming “agents of Hindutva” . Could be generational change (grandfathers being communists, fathers being capitalists, now sons and grandsons hopefully will become Hindu nationalists) or simply flowing with the wind.Either way, its a welcome and much needed development.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Rama: Nov29,12240BCE ‏@DharmicFundoo 4m
@narendramodi @ncbn
In ur #AP rally plz talk abt how #YSR humiliated #Telugus by leavin #PVNR's half-burned body unattended on pyre w/o wood

Plz do retweet
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

How can anybody blame Kishen Reddy when it was under Venkaiah Naidu that the BJP's vote share dropped 10%? Kishen Reddy was given a depleted cadre to start with. You will need an extraordinary leader to grow an organization from there and Kishen Reddy doesn't seem to be one. He saw BJP being emaciated in AP by the TDP alliance, so it is natural to oppose the alliance or at least demand a fair share of the seats. We have to hope the new crop of T-BJP throws a more capable leader or Kishen Reddy shapes up. Doesn't BJP have a rule that a person can hold office for only one term? In that case KR will not be the next T-BJP president anyway.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

saip wrote:Except she is not, she is from AP and a Reddy.
saip garu: A former Reddy then. I also had a couple (more) run ins involving recent converts to chrsitianity which I will relate in a day or two.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Modi transcends BJP and becomes political icon for other parties too, well TDP at least.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 13 Apr 2014 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Chevella is my constituency. One thing for my parents, brothers etc., this time there is no confusion between BJP and TDP as there is an alliance.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

It looks like CBN relented to Balakrishna contesting from Hindupur, a TDP stronghold

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/bala ... 55434.html
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

gandikota vasu ‏@gandikotavasu 4h

Pity the Congress; in Andhra, its own leaders dumped it; in telangana, they are unable to derive benefit of granting T state.
gandikota vasu ‏@gandikotavasu 4h

Cong turns to Jairam to save it in telangana with warring leaders upsetting the prospects; dividing ap was easier than this unification
member_24042
BRFite

Post by member_24042 »

I think Christian percentage in coastal Andhra is over 30 percent I think.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Muppalla wrote:Chevella is my constituency. One thing for my parents, brothers etc., this time there is no confusion between BJP and TDP as there is an alliance.
Mine too where I currently reside, though moi is registered to vote from sec'bad.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

TonySoprano wrote:I think Christian percentage in coastal Andhra is over 30 percent I think.
Why to stop there.. why don't we proclaim that Hindus are minority in AP and done with it. Seriously, the EJ nonsense is taken to the extreme here. I agree that christian conversions is a menace in AP area, but no way can steamroll the election outcome in AP.

The fact is that even after 4 years of his death, the freebie schemes of YSR resonate very well with the masses of AP - a fact acknowledged by TDP and their recent change in tactics to leave YSR and his policies aside but attack Jagan as scoundrel that undermined and destroyed the father's legacy. The difficulty for TDP is that masses still don't trust CBN and associate any and all welfare programs to YSR and Jagan. For example, recently one daily labor was telling me how the 'Bangaru Thalli' program helped his family and why he is loyal to Jagan, when in fact the program was the brainchild of KKR and started only last year. This is the difficulty that CBN and others face as YSR became synonymous with every welfare program. However, majority of middle class are slowly gravitating towards TDP which is a significant break for TDP, considering how hopeless their position was 6 months ago. If TDP has to win, the polling percentage has to hit 75% or above by bringing the vast middle class out to vote. If the polling percentage languishes in mid sixties, he will be in trouble.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dasari garu, Didn't u see the post by Rony?
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Another exodus from TRS to Congress

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 676397.cms
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

^^^
all is maya. I will give up predicting on the political winds in T for the foreseeable future. the broad strokes I understand. but I fear until the old feudal-Ashraf alliance makes itself more overt in the new state, it will be confusion and chaos. people jumping parties without any loyalty to a cause or banner. this is civil war cloaked by modern democratic jargon and practices. 200 years ago, this would be played out with small armies of 2-hazaris or 5-hazari level units.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Folks,
Looks like YCP is fielding Vijayamma in Vishakhapatnam. Any idea if BJP has anyone to take successfully on her?
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

nageshks wrote:Folks,
Looks like YCP is fielding Vijayamma in Vishakhapatnam. Any idea if BJP has anyone to take successfully on her?
I also heard she is spending Rs 100 crores. Sabbam Hari is also contesting as JSAP candidate. Sabbam Hari would have been a good joint candidate to defeat Vijayamma. Both TDP and BJP invited him to join but he put his bets on JSAP. Purandewasri is very waek candidate for BJP. Instead K Haribabu will be a better choice. I hope TDP and BJP negotiate with Sabbam Hari to contest for North Vizag assembly instead and let everybody back Haribabu. If there is one place in AP where Namo meeting will make a difference, it is VIzag. I hope Namo will make a visit to Vizag.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

By Ch.V.M. Krishna Rao
Published on Apr 14, 2014
BJP gives up more seats to Telugu Desam party: Deccan Chronicle
Hyderabad: The BJP has further scaled down the number of seats it is contesting in Seemandhra, giving up a Lok Sabha and an Assembly seat to alliance partner TD. In exchange, they will get two MLC seats.

Seemandhra BJP president K. Haribabu, and TD MP Sujana Chowdary finalised the quota of seats on Sunday evening and conveyed the same to TD president N. Chandrababu Naidu.

Under the new seat sharing agreement, the BJP agreed to forego the Araku (ST) Lok Sabha and will contest only the Visakhapatnam, Narsapuram, Tirupati (SC) and Rajampet LS seats. The BJP will contest 14 Assembly seats from Seemandhra, instead of 15; it has dropped Gajapathinagaram.

It also agreed to swap four Assembly seats offered earlier. The 14 Assembly seats the BJP will contest are:
  1. Itchapuram (instead of Narasannapet)
  2. Kodumuru (for Rajampet)
  3. Guntakal (for Anantapur)
  4. Kaikalur (for Giddalur)
  5. Visakhapatnam North
  6. Paderu (ST)
  7. Rajahmundry
  8. Tadepalligudem
  9. Vijayawada (West)
  10. Santanutalapadu
  11. Kadapa
  12. Madanapalle
  13. Narasaraopet
  14. Nellore Rural
chandrasekhar.m
BRFite

Post by chandrasekhar.m »

Hari Seldon wrote:
Muppalla wrote:Chevella is my constituency. One thing for my parents, brothers etc., this time there is no confusion between BJP and TDP as there is an alliance.
Mine too where I currently reside, though moi is registered to vote from sec'bad.
But saar, I thought you can simply register to vote from the place where you reside, instead of going all the way to Secunderabad.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

RajeshA wrote:By Ch.V.M. Krishna Rao
Published on Apr 14, 2014
BJP gives up more seats to Telugu Desam party: Deccan Chronicle
Finally better sense is prevailing.
If they work with this coordination till May 16, it will be good for both partners
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

YSRC is the only one campaigning at full strength. I just hope it doesn't get too late before BJP and TDP realize the mess they are in.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

pradeepe wrote:YSRC is the only one campaigning at full strength. I just hope it doesn't get too late before BJP and TDP realize the mess they are in.
They left the alliance finalization till too late. Both BJP and TDP cadre must have been confused by the will they?, won't they? drama. Now the elections have already started and there isn't time to execute a coordinated campaign. Let's just hope TsuNaMo is big enough in other areas to defray the losses in AP.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Dasari wrote:
nageshks wrote:Folks,
I also heard she is spending Rs 100 crores. Sabbam Hari is also contesting as JSAP candidate. Sabbam Hari would have been a good joint candidate to defeat Vijayamma. Both TDP and BJP invited him to join but he put his bets on JSAP. Purandewasri is very waek candidate for BJP. Instead K Haribabu will be a better choice. I hope TDP and BJP negotiate with Sabbam Hari to contest for North Vizag assembly instead and let everybody back Haribabu. If there is one place in AP where Namo meeting will make a difference, it is VIzag. I hope Namo will make a visit to Vizag.
BJP heard you, Dasari-ji. Haribabu is contesting from Vishakhapatnam. I hope they listen to the latter part of your advice as well, and get Sabbam Hari to withdraw, and have NaMo campaign for Haribabu.
Dr. K Hari Babu ‏@HariBabuBJP 12m
Happy to share the news that I will be filing my nomination as BJP candidate for Visakhapatnam Lok Sabha on 16th April. Your support needed.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dasari garu, Is Dr K. Haribabu related to the famous guruji based in Vizag?
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

The rift and cold war between Nandamuri family and Nara family in TDP is only getting worse. Jr NTR is not campaigning for TDP and listen to Nara Lokesh's 'we don't care' response to that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EqtTDlgLM
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

nageshks wrote:
Dasari wrote:[quote="nageshks" Folks,
Looks like YCP is fielding Vijayamma in Vishakhapatnam. Any idea if BJP has anyone to take successfully on her?quote]
BJP heard you, Dasari-ji. Haribabu is contesting from Vishakhapatnam. I hope they listen to the latter part of your advice as well, and get Sabbam Hari to withdraw, and have NaMo campaign for Haribabu.
Dr. K Hari Babu ‏@HariBabuBJP 12m
Happy to share the news that I will be filing my nomination as BJP candidate for Visakhapatnam Lok Sabha on 16th April. Your support needed.
[/quote][/quote]

BJP made easy seats in Seemandhra tough seats to win. TDP would have sailed through in Circar districts. Now Vizag is YSRC family seat with crores to burn. BJP cheif Haribabu can't do much unless TDP helps.

BJP is finding difficult to manage even those seats that are given to it. YSRC will focus on BJP seats to win.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Why not Purandareswari in Vizag. She fought with Subbiramireddy for this seat.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If after this Telangana still votes for Congress it a pity!
gandharva wrote:Image

Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Where is Renuka Choudhary these days? Did she get a ticket from Khammam? What did she do to be sent to the doghouse..
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

RamaY wrote:Why not Purandareswari in Vizag. She fought with Subbiramireddy for this seat.
Purandareswari is really hated across vizag and she has a very bad reputation. She did not do anything during the last 5 years. which ever party she contests under either for MLA/MP.

There are local candidates who will win for sure like ganta srinivasa rao. In andhra it looks like As if TDP and BJP are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

bhavani wrote:
RamaY wrote:Why not Purandareswari in Vizag. She fought with Subbiramireddy for this seat.
Purandareswari is really hated across vizag and she has a very bad reputation. She did not do anything during the last 5 years. which ever party she contests under either for MLA/MP.

There are local candidates who will win for sure like ganta srinivasa rao. In andhra it looks like As if TDP and BJP are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Purandareswari may be better than Vijayamma to elect for Vizag fellows and she can at least match with money power. Easy win from Vizag is lost because of BJP.

Ongole Congress MP Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy joined TDP. Looks like TDP is going to take Ongole * without any accommodation to Purandeswari. So she left with nothing for joining BJP. :)

"...
However, now the TDP is expected to field Magunta from the Ongole parliamentary constituency in the May 7 election.
..."

MP quits; Congress is orphaned in Prakasham District
http://www.andhraheadlines.com/state/mp ... 29870.html

* TDP strategy of noose around the neck is working. Taking Congress leaders from Chittoor, Anathapur, Kurnool, Prakasam, Nellore is good tightening to limit YSRCP into Kadapa. YSRCP has chances in Kadapa (for sure), Rajampet, Nandyala, and Nellore. Others are not easy any more.