AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

saip
BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by saip »

putnanja wrote:Guntur appears to be centrally located in the newly carved out Seemandhra state. What are the chances of it becoming the state capital?
Problem is finding enough vacant land to build the capital. You could put the capital at the present Nagarjuna Uni campus and relocate the University some place. Ongole has water problem but lot of Government land.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I think the statue of Jinnah has been removed from the tower if I remember correctly. I will check when I visit Guntur this time.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

I am torn between multiple ideas.
1) First idea is that new capital should probably be geographically in the middle of new state
2) Second thought is that new capital should be in Rayalaseema so that backward area of the new state will get a huge boost & investments etc.
3) Third idea is to re-build the capital of great Telugu dynasty "Satavahanas" - Amaravati (which is 35 KM north-west of Guntur).

Not sure which one to pick.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Amaravati capital and another 'second' capital in Rayalaseema. Distribute instead of making the same mistake that was made in regard to Hyd. Let the High court be in Rayalaseema while the bureaucracy is in Amaravati. or maybe the Amaravati and Rayalaseema capital can alternate as capitals every 2 years.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

In USA the state capitals are located in smaller towns. NY - Albany, CA - Sacramento,
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

maitas66 @chinmaykrvd 2h
Telangana post polling:TRS-51,Congress-28,NDA-22,Others-18.Telangana staring at Hung Assembly with TRS emerging as single largest formation
In this case, TRS+MIM alliance would form the first Telangana govt.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Who will get what of the Govt buildings? Where will the Assemblies of Telengana & Andhra meet? Will there be two Governors or one?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RajeshA wrote:
maitas66 @chinmaykrvd 2h
Telangana post polling:TRS-51,Congress-28,NDA-22,Others-18.Telangana staring at Hung Assembly with TRS emerging as single largest formation
In this case, TRS+MIM alliance would form the first Telangana govt.

Looks like the old Gungadin-Jumani relationship in Nizamiyyat will be re-established.

And also gladdens some adherents hearts.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

ramana wrote:Looks like the old Gungadin-Jumani relationship in Nizamiyyat will be re-established.

And also gladdens some adherents hearts.
Good - Their misgovernance will cause opposition to strengthen, so that results can be reversed in 5 years time.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

maitas66 @chinmaykrvd 2h
RajeshA wrote: In this case, TRS+MIM alliance would form the first Telangana govt.
51 suddenly could become 40 but he did a standard data based exit polls. There are 11 seats that are real dead heat and all of them are between TRS and TDP/BJP.

Very important thing is that there are three seats where kavita (KCR's daughter) is as good as lost situation in NZB LS seat. This will be a huge morale booster for BJP (this the third seat that BJP is internally counting).

KTR (KCR's son) is also in a serious close contest. KCR may be lucky if he wins Gajewal seat.

But congress seems to have lost the Telangana plot. I want to see TRS ruling this state. I hate a party that continuously sit on the streets and keep whining. They should be given the choice to rule because people should know what their real capabilities are.

Another biggie if it happens is Hyderabad parl seat. This is never lost by MIM. Here there are 65% muslims after delimitation. In this seat there was a total of only 55% votes polled. The percentage of people voting in colonies is way more than those voted in bastis. So there is a lot of interest because colonies are hindus and bastis are muslims.

In summary - This entire Telangana is very messy but there is a definitely edge for TRS.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Chinmay is sad that JP is losing in Malkajgiri. I tweeted JP is original sanAAP. Easy test: Does the candidate support Modi?
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

ramana wrote:Chinmay is sad that JP is losing in Malkajgiri. I tweeted JP is original sanAAP. Easy test: Does the candidate support Modi?
He deserves to lose.What is the point of having one man army. As far as I know he couldn't influence a single legislation. Mere platitudes don't serve the state. In the current politics, there is no role for independents. He better swallow his pride and join a main stream party like BJP and work with the system.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

SandeepA wrote:There is a chance the capital can be located in the Vijayawada-Guntur-Tenali area.
mangalagiri, at the midpoint of Bezwada and gunturu, will be the new capital - my prediction. :)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Mangalagiri like Ahobilam and Yadagiri Gutta are all Narasimhaswamy temple towns.

Dasarigaru, I suggested he take RS route and work for whoever is the NDA candidate. He still stood and divided the non-Congress vote. I cant stand dividers even if they are do gooders.

Where in Vizag are you from?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Hari Seldon wrote:
SandeepA wrote:There is a chance the capital can be located in the Vijayawada-Guntur-Tenali area.
mangalagiri, at the midpoint of Bezwada and gunturu, will be the new capital - my prediction. :)
Plenty of water from the Krishna too. But I don't see it happening.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Jairam Ramesh just made a statement - Capital will be Kadapa - Indirectly supporting Jagan.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

ramana wrote:Chinmay is sad that JP is losing in Malkajgiri. I tweeted JP is original sanAAP. Easy test: Does the candidate support Modi?
Actually JP met NaMo at an airport after the TDP-BJP alliance was formalized and NaMo did say the country needs people like JP. However NaMo could not intervene any more than that due to coalition dharma.

I personally am expecting JP's Lok Satta to merge with BJP completely after the polls!
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Special prayers at churches
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Gist: In the name of special prayers money is being distributed by a church in Krishna Dist, AP and the enforcement has recovered 1.14 lakhs

But, who is YKP?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

saip wrote:
But, who is YKP?
Telugu initials of YSR Congress Party
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

Mr Lagadapti is back with his trademark surveys. So far his predictions are true, especially his exit polls in 2009 were very bold and accurate where he predicted accurately even the individual member's winning margin. This time his latest prediction is that TRS wins in T and TDP in SA. He went further and stated that taking combined state into account, TDP+BJP would get clear majority. Isn't he indirectly saying that TDP will get overwhelming majority in SA to compensate any deficit in T. Interesting,as I see neck to neck race between TDP and YSRCP, and TDP getting just enough majority to form govt. We will see.

Ramanagaru, On the OT, I should say that I'm from the Vjzag city as I was born and brought up in the city since the days when the city's polulation was less than 100,000, where Dwarka Nagar seems to be the city limit on the North and going to Seethammaadhara is once a year picnic event. If i go further back, my parents were from nearby villages in the erstwhile Vizag dist. Now one village is in Vizag dist and the other in Vizianagram dist.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Nice ground report on Modi rally in SA.
Modi Factor Tilts the Balance in Andhra Pradesh

http://www.theindianrepublic.com/tbp/mo ... =twitter_a
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Muppalla wrote:Milind, Muslims in AP will never cross 4% in any district of Seemandhra.
Check Ongole for a start.. I can tell you booth wise if you want :D
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Trivia on Guntur (overall M_perc is 11.54%)

Below is Assembly wise
ac_name::M_perc

Pedakurapadu::11.88
Tadikonda::15.44
Mangalagiri::9.81
Ponnur::13.65
Vemuru::3.89
Repalle::7.76
Tenali::10.39
Bapatla::8.78
Prathipadu::7.39
Guntur West::12.67
Guntur East::23.37
Chilakaluripet::16.15
Narasaraopet::14.31
Sattenpalli::12.67
Vinukonda::7.54
Guruzala::12.76
Macherla::7.66
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

milindc wrote:
Muppalla wrote:Milind, Muslims in AP will never cross 4% in any district of Seemandhra.
Muslims are in considerable numbers in Cuddapah, Kurnool and Anantapur, IIRC. All three of them have 10% Muslims or more. On that note, checking Guntur and Cuddapah, both of which have around 15% EJs and 10-12% Muslims, it is becoming a bit like UP, is it not, just without the strong Sangh presence to counter it? I hope AP people wake up fast. Otherwise, they are in for a nasty surprise.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Is that reason enough to void vaikApA (if it wins) in kaikalooru seat (since it is a big place, MLA certainly. Is it MP seat also)?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

milindc wrote:
Agree with you. I checked back. it is only coast above river Krishna that M are very less. So far I was thinking there is some magic of YSR that he was able to get such a traction. It is too simple and just KHAM factor of INC that he grabbed. TDP has restored its OBC magic after it got back kapus.

All surveys and amateur opinions are putting all their eggs in TDP. Let us see how it comes out.

milindc, I don't see you these days on twitter. How are you?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

More than anything, all that matters in SA is how much cash really flows on last two days before polls. This will be a real clinching factor in spite of all surveys.
bahdada
BRFite

Post by bahdada »

Muppalla wrote:
Agree with you. I checked back. it is only coast above river Krishna that M are very less. So far I was thinking there is some magic of YSR that he was able to get such a traction. It is too simple and just KHAM factor of INC that he grabbed. TDP has restored its OBC magic after it got back kapus.

All surveys and amateur opinions are putting all their eggs in TDP. Let us see how it comes out.

This morning DC makes it sound like YSRCP has pulled off coup regarding the Kapu vote bank.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

In overseas Andhra coloney of New Jersey :D

milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Muppalla wrote: Agree with you. I checked back. it is only coast above river Krishna that M are very less. So far I was thinking there is some magic of YSR that he was able to get such a traction. It is too simple and just KHAM factor of INC that he grabbed. TDP has restored its OBC magic after it got back kapus.

I'm there but in another avatar, but been busy with Elections. Deeply involved, will reveal after May 12 to BRFites. Some already know.

Kapus are very critical, and Pawan Kalyan is blessing for Babu thru BJP, but suspecting that TDP has screwed with candidate selection. I was :rotfl: when Babu was threatening the alliance, and I was thinking does he really want to commit suicide.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Paging Hindi & Telugu speakers. We are focusing our calling efforts on the following areas:

a) Andhra: its a tough fight and needs all the help it can get. Getting all sorts of mixed reports about TDP/BJP advantage vs YSRCP surge

b) Amethi: BJP is sensing a possible opportunity here, though they are still the underdogs. Smriti Irani is doing a wonderful job of energizing the voters & cadre. Bigwigs are having rallies there. 3 of Frederic Ji's friends are already calling. More will help

c) Bihar calling: needless to say, this is crucial given the recent RJD-Congress surge

d) West Bengal: even English speakers are welcome

English speakers are more than welcome. I cant speak a word of Telugu and had no problems talking to Vishakapattnam today. There are plenty of areas where everyone can contribute

If you would like to volunteer, please reply here or in the Modi Call-a-thon thread. This is the slog overs. Lets score the maximum
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

milindc wrote:I'm there but in another avatar, but been busy with Elections. Deeply involved, will reveal after May 12 to BRFites. Some already know.

Kapus are very critical, and Pawan Kalyan is blessing for Babu thru BJP, but suspecting that TDP has screwed with candidate selection. I was :rotfl: when Babu was threatening the alliance, and I was thinking does he really want to commit suicide.
Any known kapu in politics is now with TDP. The whole threats and non-threats are all dramas. Since you are on the ground, how is it looking for Jagan? My reading is that TDP will get 90+. Vizag Parl looking more like BJP will snatch it.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Muppalla wrote:
milindc wrote:I'm there but in another avatar, but been busy with Elections. Deeply involved, will reveal after May 12 to BRFites. Some already know.

Any known kapu in politics is now with TDP. The whole threats and non-threats are all dramas. Since you are on the ground, how is it looking for Jagan? My reading is that TDP will get 90+. Vizag Parl looking more like BJP will snatch it.

Some how the situation is very mixed. Vizag has a huge middle class which will vote for TDP+BJP, but some of the lower sections are strongly with YSRCP. My dad was mentioning that autos and txis were not available and most of the young crowd in the slums etc is in a drunken state because of liberal supply of liquor by YSRCP. Some guys distributing money YSRCP threw away the money bags into a drainage canal as police came chasing after them. Our Driver has taken off for the last 10 days, he is working for a TDP candidate V Ramakrishnababu as a part of youth reachout group.

He was saying that most of the youth and slum folks are taking everything YSRCP guys are giving them. But these guys have been convincing people to vote for TDP, but take whatever YSRCP gives them. Most of slum folks are afraid that if they take money from YSRCP and vote for TDP, the YSRCP will know and might harm them.

TDP will win atleast 2 out of 4 MLA seats in Vizag, But the MP seat cant predict
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

tell them Jagan can't do anything if he loses.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Was a little astounded that many of the working class in Andhra dont know that Jagan is EJ. How did they fool them?
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Every one is using Telengana and Seemandhra. Is the name AP no more?
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

saip wrote:Every one is using Telengana and Seemandhra. Is the name AP no more?
The issue is the official name of Seemandhra is AP, whereas until june 2nd - Andhra Pradesh exists with telangana and seemandhra combined.

So after june 2nd, seemandhra term will vanish but AP will have the meaning changed.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

In the world of TV ads, TDP is spending hell out everything. A lot of adds today every two minutes.