AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by vishvak »

Now only if the sultan of Saudi would sport a tilak and have prasaad and take part in satsang, because any less would be less than perfectly secular - not worth vote of minorities at all.

Now most perfectly secular won't consider the sultan of Saudi less than perfectly secular even without ANY of the conditions, not to forget there are no elections in Saudi nor minorities enjoy citizenship even or equality by law. First rights over resources anyone??
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

gpati wrote:
johneeG wrote: CBN should just create new leadership and take a backseat like Loh Purush.
Johnee garu, CBN is creating secular-hindutva leadership. :)

Vamshvaadh i.e. dynastic politics is the biggest enemy of democracy. That guy seems like Akhilesh Yadav 2.0.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ If NM doesn't get 273 on his own CBN will don MullahM's suit. Lokesh will be Akhilesh.

The point is to preempt that Path for them. How is it done, is the key.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

If TDP goes Mulayam's way, AP will enter a dark era. I don't say this lightly. I've always believed that TDP is a vacuum ideology but so far their devilry has been much less compared to INC. If Mulayam becomes inspiration for TDP, the downhill skiing will continue. I really don't want to imagine that possibility.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

I posted a long ago that CBN will be next Nitishullah.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

SRoy, Devesh and others, It will be BJP Vs TDP and TRS Vs BJP in AP and TG respectively for next polls. The day BJP crosses 220 at center then that is the future of two Telugu states in future. All other things will shatter.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

By the way as things ran out after several tries of rigging of surveys, the national media is finally putting correct numbers for AP survey. According to HeadlinesToday TDP=44% and Jagan=38% is the game in AP. Jagan tried his best to spoil everything but in the final analysis he reached his limitations. The tough fight is on.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

TDP not equal to SP
Kammas not equal to Yadavs

CBN had similarity of Secularism with Mulayam but it has been kicked out of him in last 10 years
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

if TDP under CBN goes the Mulayam way, a significant section of K's will split from TD. but until they find their footing, we will be left with the remnant TD, Jagan, INC, and all assorted langas.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

They split form CBN in 2004 and went to Congress. Result was AP division. Now they are back into either BJP or TDP or wilderness.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Will Nitish get decimated in Bihar as predicted earlier or are we seeing a come back performance by him? RJD is gaining from JDU loss is what i think I saw as latest news.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Dilbu wrote:Will Nitish get decimated in Bihar as predicted earlier or are we seeing a come back performance by him? RJD is gaining from JDU loss is what i think I saw as latest news.
Perhaps you were too busy with your jinxes. :rotfl: Nitishullah is finished politically.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

:D. Glad to hear that. I am in to too much dhoti shivering mode these days.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dilbu, Wrong thread! But do continue your jinxes.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ramana wrote:TDP not equal to SP

CBN had similarity of Secularism with Mulayam but it has been kicked out of him in last 10 years
HT - cicero poll has BJP-TDP getting largest % of muslim vote.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

maitas66 ‏@chinmaykrvd 2h

Cicero HeadLines today survey:TDP-BJP alliance to win 17-21 seats in AndhraPardesh both regions
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Rahul M wrote:
ramana wrote:TDP not equal to SP

HT - cicero poll has BJP-TDP getting largest % of muslim vote.
In the place where TDP is relevant is AP (minus Telangana), the percentage of Muslims is about 3 to 4%. Whatever the dance TDP/CBN do, he can never reach Mulayam/Akilesh levels. The largest percentage of 4% is what they are projecting :)
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Muppalla wrote:SRoy, Devesh and others, It will be BJP Vs TDP and TRS Vs BJP in AP and TG respectively for next polls. The day BJP crosses 220 at center then that is the future of two Telugu states in future. All other things will shatter.
I think you are giving much too much credit to TRS. Probably this will be the last elections they will fight. They will take the money and run. I doubt they are interested in power and tend redponpsibility that comes with it. They are bhagodas. As for CBN the reason I like him is because he still has fight left in him after 10 years in the wilderness that too against Jagan. he should be induced to merge TDP into BJP so that we will head towards a BJP which has a center of gravity not too far right. Similarly if congress is completely destroyed we gave problem of BJP running rough shod over all just like what happened with 60 years go Cong(I) rule where dynasts set the agenda for all of India. We gave seen the same in Bengal with commies.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

matrimc wrote:Similarly if congress is completely destroyed we gave problem of BJP running rough shod over all just like what happened with 60 years go Cong(I) rule where dynasts set the agenda for all of India. We gave seen the same in Bengal with commies.
I think this is the worry with all monopolies. I do hope kongis are destroyed but at the same time, I think its important that a nationalistic right-wing party rises to become the alternative to lotus.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

johneeg that will make India too much to the right and it will keep going till we become another Saudi Arabia.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

matrimc wrote:johneeg that will make India too much to the right and it will keep going till we become another Saudi Arabia.
1+(-1) = 0
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

matrimc wrote:johneeg that will make India too much to the right and it will keep going till we become another Saudi Arabia.
This is a blatant insult to Hindus & Hinduism.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RamaY wrote:
More like blatant insult to Islam!

But as the Lord Acton said"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!"
Matrimc had this in mind when he posted.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

all due respect to you, but with this thinking, we've already lost. there is no such thing called "centrism". it is a non-existent vacuum platform.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Dalit Christian organization is asking not to vote for YSRCP. Their spokesperson says YSRCP is using christians only as a vote bank. Jagan's mother Vijayamma and his brother in law 'brother Anil kumar' are having "christian goodnews" meetings with people and pastors.They are telling pastors that if Jagan comes to power, they will build houses to pastors and will give them loans and also will deposit his ill-gotten wealth into pastors accounts.They are also taking pastors account numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB8bxQMxN7k
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Rony wrote:Dalit Christian organization is asking not to vote for YSRCP. Their spokesperson says YSRCP is using christians only as a vote bank. Jagan's mother Vijayamma and his brother in law 'brother Anil kumar' are having "christian goodnews" meetings with people and pastors.They are telling pastors that if Jagan comes to power, they will build houses to pastors and will give them loans and also will deposit his ill-gotten wealth into pastors accounts.They are also taking pastors account numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB8bxQMxN7k
They should vote for Congress. I tell anyone who are very critical of BJP, TDP and also Jagan to vote for Congress or Samaikyandhra parties. :mrgreen:
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

matrimc wrote:Similarly if congress is completely destroyed we gave problem of BJP running rough shod over all just like what happened with 60 years go Cong(I) rule where dynasts set the agenda for all of India. We gave seen the same in Bengal with commies.
Congress has to be destroyed because that is the only way the western network in India can be destroyed. The congress virus has permeated itself in every department and in every organization. If all the old connections are to be eliminated completely congress has to go completely. The resulting vacuum will be filled by a new entity whose ideology will be based on Indian requirements and not shaped by some foreign entity.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

hanumadu wrote:
Congress has to be destroyed because that is the only way the western network in India can be destroyed. The congress virus has permeated itself in every department and in every organization. If all the old connections are to be eliminated completely congress has to go completely. The resulting vacuum will be filled by a new entity whose ideology will be based on Indian requirements and not shaped by some foreign entity.
Exactly:
vilayat wrote:1. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 0#p1025770

2. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 9#p1017089

3. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 4#p1274004

4. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 6#p1274076

5. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 9#p1273929

6. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 0#p1274140

7. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 1#p1260081

After these posts and adequate interval, time to take the story ahead.. Things moved rapidly, recently.. Some ideas being spoken out here, have been trying to incept themselves in the social psyche for some time now.The Shukra in the spout of "kamandalu" blocking this inception, needs to be exposed.

Contradicting certain "gurus" on this board who say that None of the political poles in India wish to be in power, I state that none are in position to be in power and it isn't for the lack of trying that the opposition is a perpetual opposition.

1. Who is blocking the dynasty from coming to power?

2. The proxy "routine" was rerun post the assassination of MKG. This time time, the focal point was the pro-Hindutva forces. Like INC where people were removed in stages as a newer dimension of proxy was established (specified in link 1), with Angry INdia >> INC. First triumvirate (lal-bal-pal) replaced by MKG.. MAJ removed, SCB removed to propel the second triumvirate to power in 1947 (JLN, VBP, MKG).. MKG removed immediately, VBP died naturally, thus JLN remained the sole viceroy of India.

3. The story of how proxy continued in INC with IG replacing LBS, later RG replacing SG.. Later Sonia miraculously replacing the third triumvirate (Kesari-Sindhia-Pilot) propelling PG and RG (junior). The vazeer-e-azam, Sri A{c]hmed Patel, fulfilling the role of next "sayyid brothers", ruling on behalf of and entertaining the bumbling "Rangeele Muhammad Shah", high emperor of red-fort and India.

4. Barring the third point above, rest of the story can be found in post 1 and 2 cited at the beginning of this article.

5. But India was never a "unipolar" entity. There was another force which was gathering strength, in spite of the repeated attempts by the proxies and the imperium itself to sabotage its rise. Someone had already hinted about it on this board. That force the continuum of Vijaynagar-Marathas-(Sikhs-1857)-revolutionaries. This story is about how that force was suppressed time and again by various proxies at specific intervals.

6. I have put sikhs and 1857 in same bracket because of the unique relation which these two forces shared - a relation which can be used to explain newtonian third law of motion, rather evidently. I will not go into details, but these two resurgent forces were cleverly used against each other.

7. As Shiv said recently in one of his posts, pakjabi mussalmaans never have ruled in history. I would extend that to entire Punjab region and not limit myself to Pakjabi muslims. I will give my reasons for that.

8. The land of Punjab is referred to as "Vaahik Pradesh" in Indian scriptures which translates literally to "land of rivers". Since elder days, Vaahik pradesh (similar to upper Ganga river region) has been divided into smaller "islands" making it difficult to cross and establish the power-continuum. Since Rigvedic days, most of these "islands of polity" of Vaahik pradesh preferred "republican" model of governance. While the east (Bihar aka Magadh) has been known for its imperialistic streak (since Jarasandha's time), VP retained its republican character for long.

9. Except for Harshavardhan of thanesar and Ranjit Singh of Lahore, there is no "well known" Punjabi "emperor" in annals of history. And apart from harsha (and Chandragupta maurya), no king based in Punjab ever ventured out of Punjab. This tendency of VP power centers to limit themselves. To be honest, it was after partition when so many punjabis (hindus and sikhs) had to migrate to inner India, that their "patriotism" blossomed even more. When Punjab was united and people settled, this "urge" to spill over in the inner India, whenever Inner lands were in trouble, is seldom seen in the power-centers of Punjab. This changed since the days of first triumvirate (Lala Lajpat Rai). Also many contingents from Rawalpindi participated in 1857's Mutiny.

10. The fate of "Sikh-1857" bracket was decided on 17-12-1805, when Ranjit Singh allied with British against Marathas, thereby India losing the "north" to EIC along with any prospects of getting it back. What political compulsions led to this event, let us not get into the details, but what is important is, MRS, like his VP predecessors, refused to step out of VP. Furthermore, MRS, though great, was an anomaly in history of VP and dharma, since the demography was already against dharma and MRS's lineage was unsuccessful in continuing his work and at least maintaining Punjab as last bastion of Dharma. This was the first instance in last 200 years when the consolidation of Pro-Dharma forces was sabotaged by the Imperium.

11. 1857 is well known. Parag Topé has written a good book on it.

12. Various small rebellions were quelled through out India until 1885. I have spoken about few of them in previous part of this story.

13. With establishment of INC as first proxy, the excess pressure of Pro-Indian Forces (PIF) too began to mount. It penetrated the first proxy and facilitated the formation of first triumvirate, thereby making it necessary to bring in MKG.

14. However the brutal suppression of the PIF took place in the years prior to rise of MKG, in three epicenters of Indian resistance vis-a-vis Punjab, Bengal and Maharashtra. The simultaneous suppression of the "men of action", along with engineering events to force them out to do the "violent and liberating act" preemptively. This resulted in many commanders and "potential leaders" of India being killed OR rounded up and arrested OR exiled. The imperium did this serially, first to fall was Maharashtra, followed by Bengal and then Punjab. As the PIF in the region fell, the MKG proxy quickly moved in to fill in the vacuum. The imperial brutality convinced many (rather most) to join the bandwagon of MKG, if they wished to stay safe and alive.

15. But something happened which the imperium did not hope for. Even MKG's proxy began to develop cracks and newer generation "men of action" began to emerge. There were many responses designed and executed by the imperium against these new problems. One of them was to sow the seeds of dissent among the PIF. Vinayak Damodar Savarkar (VDS) was released from Kalapani in the attempt of sowing these seeds at the backdrop of Mopla riots in Malabar. VDS, just like SCB, was ardent supporter of replicating 1857 like movement where all Indians, Hindus and Muslims fought together to overthrow imperialistic yoke. All his thoughts, literature was indicating this mindset, making him, according to Imperium, an ideal candidate to sow the seeds of dissent withing PIF. Furthermore, he had "apologized" for his behavior and had requested to be transferred to mainland India. If grew too big, his "apology letters" would prove to be a handy too to distract public attention.

16. However VDS had changed while his stay in Andaman. He was no longer a dreamer in his mid 20's when he was arrested and sentenced deportation. He was in his early 40's now (1924-25), having seen and learnt from his experience in Andaman with Muslim inmates, jailer and also Mopla riots and fiasco of Khilafat movement. He gave a word to PIF's political ideology - Hindutva and wrote a treatise defining this word.

17. The writing of this book is one of the landmark events of Indian history which is highly understated. Within couple of years after publication of this book, one important organization was established in India which continue to have its domineering presence on Indian polity even today. The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (The national volunteer association) commonly known as "RSS".

18. Savarkar's definition of Hindu (although controversial and not universally accepted, not even by the RSS's first chief, Dr. Hedgevaar) gave a launch pad for the PIF in its new avatar.

19. It was clear after fiasco of Khilafat movement, Mopla riots and increasing popularity of Mullahcracy along with steady blind eye that the Imperium and the proxies tuned against mullahs, that the nature of struggle was going to shift. The "Indian" core which was stable and active during 1857 to large extent and which was very painstakingly built by Marathas after death of Aurangzeb in 1707 by sacrificing themselves at Panipat, was divided into Indic and Non-Indic. The damage was already done and the Non-Indic component had acted, in accordance with Najib of Rohilkhand, and had already made a deal with foreign Abdali to defeat their fellow country men. Panipat was now inevitable. The only choice left was whether Indics will fight that war from position of abysmal weakness OR relative weakness.

20. For next 20 years, this organization spread rather rapidly in territories previously held by the Marathas. While this was happening, VDS was unconditionally released (in 1937) and became president of Hindu Mahasabha. By this time the demand for Pakistan was already made.

21. The role of VDS on the events from 1925 to 1948 is difficult to describe. But his presence is impossible to ignore. Any one who wishes to understand India, cannot afford to neglect the thoughts and actions of this man and see what good and ill effects did he bring upon India.

22. Anyways, in 1948, MKG was assassinated by a group of young men from Pune. Most of them were associated with RSS and the HMS at some point of time in their earlier life. While the conspiracy itself was planned and executed by these guys, the influence of VDS is unmistakable on the thoughts of these men.

23. The fact that the Second triumvirate (JLN-VBP-MKG) neglected the threat to MKG's life until it actually materialized makes it the next "biggest" blow to the PIF gathering strength. The CID had information a week earlier when they arrested one of the co-conspirators. Yet, nothing concrete was to done to stop this assassination. This also was one of the "self-goals" scored by Indics.

24. The persecution of the PIF "commanders" by the "imperium" and the remaining two triumvirs was so large that the wings of executive arm of RSS were clipped off. They had to pledge themselves to the government of their "non-violent" and "cultural-onlee" role in order to sustain. The pogrom of 1946-52 was next big filter after 1905-1915 to clip the wings of "men of action" within PIF camp.

25. The career of VDS ended here. He was quite old as well, and spent rest of his life writing and cautioning GOI about China, which was not heeded. Shyamaprasad Mukherjee (SPM) was eliminated systematically in the jail cell of Sri nagar. No one knew what happened to SCB. Other commanders of INA were also punished in spite of the "valiant" defense by JLN.

26. This turn of events forced the RSS to reinvent itself as a cultural movement and had to redefine the political thought as "integral humanism". Deendayal Upadhyay (DDU) was the last intellectual of this movement, worth its salt.

27. Golwalkar died in 1973, after steering the organization from one "prunning stage (of 1948)" to another (of 1975-76, the emergency). He successfully strengthened the roots of the organization. His is the period where the PIF saw emergence of two political ideologues B. Madhok and DDU. Under these two, their two great pupils starting rising to prominence. Lal Krishna Advani (LKA) and Atal Bihari Vajpayee (ABV).

28. Many great emerging leaders and activists of PIF were eliminated in 1975. Those who stayed, quite a few of them had "compromised". Just like 1948, the PIF guys of the era (RSS, JP, Lohia et al) had to resign from some of their "stances" and agendas in exchange of life (physical and/or political). Emergency was next big instance where the gathering strength of PIF was sabotaged again.

29. There are many sources which tell us the story of this "great pruning of 1975". The proxy (IG) and imperium were perhaps not at ease with each other due to some events that had transpired meanwhile. 1971 war and liberation of BD. 1974 smile of Buddha. Siachin. the heir apparent (SG) favoring US more than others and IG indulging. The cold war entered India in 1979 when Soviets invaded AFG and along with it started the decade long tussle to gain supremacy over the ruling dynasty of India. RG as PM was not effective at all. The PIF (now heavily communal, perhaps much more than pre-partition riots) started gaining strength again.

30. Shah-Bano, Shilanyas, RJM etc propelled the most "visible" political face of PIF to power. But this is when the next pruning happened. INC was now controlled for the first time since 1920s by a Non-proxy triumvirate. There is difference between being corrupt and being a proxy. However, when buddha smiled again in 1998, out of no where, the three are eliminated from world, SG made INC supremo and proxy is successfully installed which miraculously came to power in 2004 and has been in it, ever since.

31. The problem with having to gather strength and install proxy again and again, is that with time, people loose interest. Both the proxy and the PIF has lost its "efficacy" in the minds of people. one cannot say the same about PIF because it is a ever-reinventing itself. Vijaynagar to Anna-Baba duo.. But the problem of frequent reinvention is that lot of energy is wasted in making people aware that they are PIF. And in that process, many people compromise out.

32. The current proxy split Babaji and Annaji to ensure that they won't have to face the ire of both of them simultaneously. While they have succeeded, it is merely tactical brilliance. While PIF is not strengthening, Imperium is definitely weakening rapidly. And this is precisely the problem which India will face in coming decades.

33. The Rangeela Muhammadshah might sell out to western imperium OR ROP-lobby, in this tactical brilliance. Do we see a pattern here.

34. Imperium here refers to Mughal-British-Dynasty power continuum operating in India either directly or via proxy. PIF refers to Vijaynagar-Maratha-(Sikh 1857)-Revolutionaries-nationalistic forces operating in India in various forms.

35. The Imperium will not do anything which is directly against the tradition of its predecessor. If doing partition was in interest of Imperium, keeping partition is in favor of imperium too. If dividing indian society to help rule India easily was in interests of Imperium, keeping those divisions and fostering new ones is in interest of ay iteration of imperium in any given time in near future. If deracination is in interests of Imperium, it will remain so, as long as Imperium (in any form calls shots).

36. Similarly, PIF changes with time. when a PIF component does not do what its predecessors did, one can safely conclude that the component has gone bad. Be it Holkar, Bajirao-2 peshwa himself, OR Godse, Bhindrawale or allegedly the patriarchs of BJP and the "team Anna". Most of PIF's interests are opposite to Imperium's interests and coherence with codes of Dharma. Any one who stands for Dharma, he is the PIF in given space and time.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 6#p1274306
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

johneeG wrote:
I think this is the worry with all monopolies. I do hope kongis are destroyed but at the same time, I think its important that a nationalistic right-wing party rises to become the alternative to lotus.
matrimc ji,

please reconsider this viewpoint! An extreme of x can be totally different from an extreme of y, if x and y are intrinsically different. Both Jaggery and Jolokia may be extremes, but they have different effects.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Semi extreme right at this point will have great remedial effect on the inanaities imposed on Indian people by Nehru's ego. The Bhoot of PSecularism can be exorcised from the effected bodies only by using the traditional Desi methods, mantras and tools. Dharm Raj is true Sawraj, Rest is just a Mirage.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

RamaY wrote:
How so?

johneeG wants a nationalistic (India sorely needs that in every party) right-wing (no problem there either need to balance the left not to hijack the agenda) but why alternative to Lotus? What is wrong with Lotus as it is today? We have enough moderates and enough far right to make it just optimally right of the center. It is also very nationalistic. So what alternative does he have in mind? Uncharacteristically he posted a short cryptic message and that is how I read it.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

MatrimC garu,

I was pointing at your == with Saudi Arabia. Hindu society had seen even worse Asuras than Saudi Barbarians and it successfully destroyed all of them. But it never became a replica of Raksha in the process.

Secondly there always is a space for rightist party in India (even if we assume these Abrahamic left/right apply to India).
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

BJP uses Jagan card to make Naidu fall in line
NEW DELHI: As urgent calls from TDP interlocutors on Friday afternoon failed to resolve differences over candidate selection, BJP leaders seemed surprisingly unconcerned at the prospect of losing a key partner.

BJP's confidence that TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, no mean practitioner of gunboat politics, would come around was not misplaced. By evening, TDP backed down just as dramatically as it had upped the ante.
:
:
BJP leaders did privately admit that some of the party's choices on its 14 seats in Seemandhra were a bit iffy, but decided not to back down. "Had TDP not agreed, we were ready to do business with Jagan Mohan Reddy," said a BJP source, alluding to the YSR Congress leader who the party feels would be a willing post-poll partner.

Flashing the "Jagan card" helped TDP put aside its reservations and agree that BJP has the right to choose its candidates, even ones it feels lack the financial muscle to take on powerful rivals.

Responding to TDP arguments that BJP needs to weigh its imperatives in ensuring maximum Lok Sabha seats for Narendra Modi, the saffron outfit pointed out that Naidu's stakes were no less.

BJP counted on pressure on TDP from its cadre and the thoroughly unacceptable prospect of Jagan assuming office in Seemandhra to persuade Naidu that the seats in question were not worth the fight. BJP's bullishness stestems from its feedback that it is steadily gaining momentum in the LS polls and need not make compromises just to keep allies on board in a make-or-break election.

BJP's assertiveness is a sea-change from when it strained every nerve to save its alliance with JD(U) last year after Bihar CM Nitish Kumar demanded a guarantee that Modi will not be projected as PM. Though BJP did its bit to sew up new alliances with Tamil Nadu parties like MDMK, PMK and DMDK besides the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha and LJP, it spurned pacts with INLD in Haryana and AGP in Assam.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Interesting headline but from TOIlet.

It is given TDP needs BJP and vice versa in Telangana. In Seemandhra with 0%, BJP goes from TDP to Jagan and TDP falls inline? :twisted:

See the plight of a party that has >0% from the survey of ex-INC MP.
Total: INC 5, TDP 110, YSR 45, OTH 14 of total 175 seats

http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index ... 2014-90437
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://www.sunday-guardian.com/news/bjp ... e-alliance
Insiders say the actual reasons behind Naidu's threat seem to rest in a feeling that the saffron party has been sidelining of the TDP chief on a number of issues of late.

There were three major factors which made Naidu unhappy with the BJP. One, BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi refused to share the dais with Naidu in campaign meetings in Telangana and Seemandhra. After a lot of prodding from TDP leaders, Modi agreed to address a rally at Secunderabad on 22 April along with Naidu. Naidu was also angry that Modi shared the dais with actor-turned politician Pawan Kalyan in all his campaign meetings in Seemandhra.

The second factor is BJP's choice of top businessman Potluri Vara Prasad, (PVP) as its candidate from Vijayawada. PVP, who was keen on making his political debut, tried all options to contest from Vijayawada. His earlier association with YSR Congress leader Jagan has become a hindrance to the TDP accepting him as the BJP candidate.

The third bone of contention was the Lok Sabha ticket to Daggubati Purandeswari, the daughter of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N.T. Ramarao. The former union minister, who quit the Congress and joined the BJP over the Telangana issue, was on Wednesday shifted from her Visakhapatnam seat to Rajampeta even though she had apparently joined the party with an understanding that she will be given the Vishakapatnam ticket. This move was apparently meant to please Naidu.
I wonder why Modi does not want to share dias with Niadu? I don't think there is any trust. Niadu blackmailed Vajpayee a lot for funds and ditched NDA as soon as they lost.

But Modi has to do whatever to make sure that CON/TRS/YSRC share is reduced.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

All these articles about TDP - BJP fissures are too much of speculation. The deal was always to have one starting campaign meet with both on stage and rest will be on their own. Initially they wanted to start from Tirupati but now they are starting from Sec'Bad.

The trouble is somewhere else. It is about overall BJP's strategy with respect to regional satraps and TDP requesting a special status is where the fissures are coming.
gpati
BRFite

Post by gpati »

Is Modi visiting coastal Andhra?

If he visits Vijayawada, my wish is he organizes a meeting at Swarajya Maidan and pays tribute to the martyrs of Communist movement between 1947-1952, who perished at the hands of Nehru's Malabar Police (Swarajya Maidan were their torture/prison camp). I hope he also goes against present day Communist parties compramsing with Cogress in the name of secularism.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

gpati wrote:Is Modi visiting coastal Andhra?

If he visits Vijayawada, my wish is he organizes a meeting at Swarajya Maidan and pays tribute to the martyrs of Communist movement between 1947-1952, who perished at the hands of Nehru's Malabar Police (Swarajya Maidan were their torture/prison camp). I hope he also goes against present day Communist parties compramsing with Cogress in the name of secularism.

++1.

the contributions of those Early Communists needs to be differentiated from the present day compromisers.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

devesh wrote:
gpati wrote:Is Modi visiting coastal Andhra?

++1.

the contributions of those Early Communists needs to be differentiated from the present day compromisers.
I don't know about this topic much, but it seems to me that the commies were always the way they are. Of course, there are many honest(i.e. people who genuinely believe in commie ideologies) at cadre level or even local leadership. But, at higher levels, it seems to me that the present commie leadership is following the same path that it was always meant to follow.

It seems the commies were in favor of partition in 1947. Similarly, the commies did not side with Bhaarath during 1962. So, the pattern is the same.

And it seems to me that commies, jihadhis and missionaries were friends in all places and times(except in places where jihadhis or missionaries were in power). The simple rule seems to be that the commies ally with religious minority to wage war against the majority religion.
So, invariably, commies either ally with missionaries or jihadhis in most places and times. If jihadhis are in power, commies ally with missionaries and if missionaries are in power, commies ally with jihadhis. If both of them are not in power, then commies ally with both of them.

It seems the only two bright spot in communism's resume are:
rebellion against Nizaam when he tried to genocide Hindhus through razakars.
land distribution to cut down the landlords.

Both of them seem to have been followed in Thelangana region.
Saar,
I think RajeshA saar already answered this very well. Your statement makes the assumption that malsI == Hindhuism which is not accepted by either Hindhus or muzlims. Only seculars will like such a statement.

Saudi Arabia is shaped by Islam. To become like saudi arabia, Bhaarath will have to adopt the same islam in the same manner. Otherwise, Bhaarath cannot become like Saudi Arabia. Bhaarath is shaped by Hindhuism mostly with some part impressions by many other ideologies.
matrimc wrote:
RamaY wrote:
How so?

johneeG wants a nationalistic (India sorely needs that in every party) right-wing (no problem there either need to balance the left not to hijack the agenda) but why alternative to Lotus? What is wrong with Lotus as it is today? We have enough moderates and enough far right to make it just optimally right of the center. It is also very nationalistic. So what alternative does he have in mind? Uncharacteristically he posted a short cryptic message and that is how I read it.
Yep, every party needs to be nationalistic.

I was not cryptic at all. I said alternative to lotus is required to avoid a monopoly, because with monopoly there can abuse of power or rise of arrogance.

So, what kind of alternative?
I mentioned that I would like an alternative i.e. right-wing(read Hindhuthva) party.

If lotus is as good as you say, then why not have two such lotuses, instead of one? 8)

There must be some competition and choice in democracy. Monopoly is not good.

As an aside,
if one is short, people say its 'cryptic'.
if one is detailed, people says its 'long'.
kuch toh log kahenge...