Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

member_22733
BRF Oldie

Re: Exit Polls & Discussion 2014 Elections

Post by member_22733 »

rNDTV saying there is no Modi wave in K'taka and there 'have been' many many corruption cases in the BJP led Yeddi govt, that BJP has no moral standing. I just landed in Bengaluru and have not yet interacted with the local folks too much? I hope have underestimated the K'taka Modi wave :)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

milindc wrote:All, don't know where this news should go but being a BRFite wanted to share with comrades
I was big part of this
http://www.informationweek.in/informati ... ore-voters

And I guess you have figured out which party we worked for, coming out now that elections are done.
Congratulations MilindC ji... :mrgreen:
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Rahul M wrote:
merlin wrote:How is NDA going to get laws passed in the Rajya Sabha when then won't have majority there for a long time? Is there any provision for laws to be only passed in the Lok Sabha and even if it does not pass in the Rajya Sabha, send it to the President anyway?
only for money bills LS power is supreme. on everything else they are equal. in case of impasse joint sessions can be held.
Since LS has more members than RS, a joint session will in general give more support for the bill.

However, NaMo being NaMo - he will go less through the legislature route. He has already indicated that nation does not need more laws, nation needs more execution on existing laws.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

RamaY wrote:
milindc wrote:All, don't know where this news should go but being a BRFite wanted to share with comrades
I was big part of this

And I guess you have figured out which party we worked for, coming out now that elections are done.
Yes, our discussion last year came true. I beleive we are very close and in touching distance
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

jagga wrote:
Anantha wrote:Ramana and Others +1 on Sadhvi Prgya case. I have followed and gone thru thecase all the way. It was/is complete eyewash designed to create Hindu Terror label.
Lt Col Srikant Purohit should also be released as soon as possible. Not a single evidence has been produced by Maharastra ATS or NIA linking the Col to terror strikes. A honest patriotic officer is being victimised for the last 5-6 years. I mean, what was his fault? Col purohit successfully inflitrated the SIMI and other terror organisations. I am pretty sure he must have found solid evidence of some high profile public personality having links with these terror outfits. Hence, the reason for throwing false charges aginst him. Ack thoo.
Not only S Pragya and Col Purohit should be released, Modi needs to set up an Accountability Commission to unearth the conspiracy about who forced these people into jail on false charges just to prove that Hindus are terrorists -- Doggy Singh, Ahmed Patel or whoever it is needs to take Col Purohit's place in jail. I feel it is Doggy's doing.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

LokeshC wrote:rNDTV saying there is no Modi wave in K'taka and there 'have been' many many corruption cases in the BJP led Yeddi govt, that BJP has no moral standing. I just landed in Bengaluru and have not yet interacted with the local folks too much? I hope have underestimated the K'taka Modi wave :)
There was no Yeddi wave but there was a Modi wave. Otherwise some BJP bigwigs may have swallowed humble pie. When on way back from voting, a guy at a shop saw my finger, asked if I had voted for Modi or not (demanded would be more like)! People wanted change!
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Congratulation Milindc ji!! does it mean one can cross check for if a single identity has a multiple entries in different poll rolls across India?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

nageshks wrote:Karnataka NDTV Exit Poll

BJP - 16 (42%)
Cong - 10 (40%)
JD(S) - 2 (11%)
Wow, first past the post at its best (or worst!). 2% Vote share --> 6 more seats.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

MilindC, Can you do the same for USA? Will get you in touch with local politicians in US. First stage California.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Kerala NDTV Exit Poll

UDF - 10 (45%)
LDF - 10 (44%)
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

vic wrote:NAMO has repeatedly said that we don't need more laws only better Governance. If NAMO can get the budget through Lok Sabha then rest is academic.
India needs less laws. There are so many redundant laws which were a legacy of briturd rule. The system should not depend on a good administration to be corruption free. That means, the common man has no chance to fight corruption than to wait for a good government. The laws should be such that the common man can fight for justice and presently he doesn't stand a chance against the corrupt system. Whatever the merits of AAP or Lokpal are, we definitely need some laws that give some relief to the people against corruption. Even RSS supported Lokpal in the early stages until AK turned out to be a B Team.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

vivek.rao wrote:Total: 243 NDA: 126 UPA: 39 Others: 78
EVM magic advance guard? Seems like plan is to restrict NDA to 230 so that Amma, Mayawati, Mamata all latch on to NDA for support, leading to an unstable government and re-elections in two years when Mamta or Amma withdraws support. The other plan may be to create UPA 3 with Amma or Maya offered PM seat. Since it is Rundee TV that has given these numbers, rest assured they have come straight from 10 Janpath. Modi and all should tone down victory celebrations and wait for EVM magic, otherwise they will look foolish on counting day.
Last edited by SanjayC on 14 May 2014 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

I was big part of this

milindc wrote:
RamaY wrote:
Yes, our discussion last year came true. I beleive we are very close and in touching distance
That is something. Quite difficult to do. What is the idea behind this and how data is proposed to be used and by whom, If I may ask. Could it be for BJP??
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Patni wrote:Congratulation Milindc ji!! does it mean one can cross check for if a single identity has a multiple entries in different poll rolls across India?
That's the simplest thing... in one of kind attempt ever, we merged socio-economic with electoral data to profile polling booths... and drive very detailed analysis
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

West Bengal NDTV Exit Poll

TMC - 30 (41%)
Left - 7 (27%)
BJP - 1 (14%)
Cong - 3 (13%)

Here, the pollster is saying that the Exit poll is suspect since people were unwilling to say anything about their voting choices.
Last edited by Shanmukh on 14 May 2014 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

MilindC, excellent work sir.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

chaanakya wrote:
I was big part of this

That is something. Quite difficult to do. What is the idea behind this and how data is proposed to be used and by whom, If I may ask. Could it be for BJP??
It was started by me in parallel to use Big Data for something diverse, complex and unique.. and create huge case study for the startup.
met with same mindset folks working for the Party, and we made some real innovations and a very high degree of automation. Lot of patent ideas...
First complexity is parsing 9L PDF documents for electoral data in 12 different languages.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

ramana wrote:MilindC, Can you do the same for USA? Will get you in touch with local politicians in US. First stage California.
Sure Ramana, lets catch up.. will update some unique things we did
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

admins kindly delete the OT posts
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Assam NDTV Exit Poll

Cong - 6 (35%)
BJP - 6 (35%)
AIUDF - 2 (16%)
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

NDTV showing Assam BJP 6, Cong 6, AUDF 2. This would be a disaster, putting peaceful vote at 8 vs 6.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Gujarat NDTV Exit Poll

BJP - 22 (57%)
Cong 4 (33%)
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

NDTV figures seems to low BJP and high CON from Chanakya's Exit poll.

Buggers have not done any exit poll, they are just throwing numbers from other polls with low and high mark for BJP and CON respectively.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Victor wrote:NDTV showing Assam BJP 6, Cong 6, AUDF 2. This would be a disaster, putting peaceful vote at 8 vs 6.
BJP was really contesting only 9 out of 14 (Does BJP even exist in Diphu? That EJ militant hit tribal region is hard to figure out). So 6/9 is great going I would say. Also 6, for Cong, 2 for AIUDF means they are winning either Karimganj or Barpeta. Which do you think it is?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

This NDTV dribbling their numbers is causing anxiety as we don't have the context. Can some kind soul put them in a table along with other surveys to get the picture? Right now NDTV has succeeded in getting viewer interest by delaying their exit poll broadcast. Is this a preview of manipulation or just a boost TRP exercise?

A table showing where their numbers are in relation to other polls will provide context.

may be already Doorknob has done it in his "poll of Poll Surveys" or is about to!
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

NDTV Polls. Delhi BJP 5 AAP 2 Con 0
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Delhi NDTV Exit Poll

BJP - 5 (45%)
AAP - 2 (31%)
Cong - 0 (17%)
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

1.2 crore new voters registered in UP in last 8 months, that's 9% of total voters of UP. 79% of them are under 35 (around 10% advantage for the Party across all caste groups)
I can only laugh when Journos say there is no NaMo wave.
9% motivated voters, how will they vote will decide this election. :twisted:
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

From twitter:
Exit polls are like trying to guess what someone had for dinner after looking at their dump!
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Karan M wrote:
nageshks wrote:Karnataka NDTV Exit Poll

BJP - 16 (42%)
Cong - 10 (40%)
JD(S) - 2 (11%)
Wow, first past the post at its best (or worst!). 2% Vote share --> 6 more seats.
The contest in karnataka is not a triangular Cong vs BJP vs JDS in all seats. The real contest is usually Cong vs BJP or Cong vs JDS depending on the area(congress being the constant in all seats). IIRC in 2008 election which brought BJP to power congress had actually polled more votes than the BJP.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

i am not even watching it, probably trying to confuse by just throwing random numbers around
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Please only believe CSDS polls and their range...
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

NDTV Polls. Punjab Con 6 SAD 5 AAP 2
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Punjab NDTV Exit Poll

Cong - 6 (35%)
SAD-BJP - 5 (34%)
AAP - 2 (23%)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

milindc wrote:1.2 crore new voters registered in UP in last 8 months, that's 9% of total voters of UP. 79% of them are under 35 (around 10% advantage for the Party across all caste groups)
I can only laugh when Journos say there is no NaMo wave.
9% motivated voters, how will they vote will decide this election. :twisted:

So milind, Can you share what you concluded on recent electionis in just general way? Or do you want us to die of agony with rNDTV type water torture?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Well... The plan is in place

NDTV till now
Total: 365 NDA: 165 UPA: 69 Others: 131
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

vivek.rao wrote:Well... The plan is in place

NDTV till now
Total: 365 NDA: 165 UPA: 69 Others: 131
UP & Bihar yet to come.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Why so much dhoti shibber on the NDTV exit poll? The numbers don't seem so out of the line than the other polls(until not atleast).
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

^^
As I posted earlier "numbers from other polls with low and high mark for BJP and CON respectively"