Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Re: Exit Polls & Discussion 2014 Elections

Post by RajeshA »

IndraD wrote:if NDA has 275+ on own how many feel they should still get more alliance as indicated by Modi?
Basically there are only very few parties, BJP would not be stepping on their shoes in the coming 5 years - Mamata's AITC in WB, Patnaik's BJD in OR, Jayalalitha's AIADMK in TN, Mayawati's BSP in UP, etc. and thereby eating into their votes and MLA seats.

So I don't think these parties would be willing to be part of the NDA govt. however they can support from outside. The only parties, I can think of which may be allowed into NDA govt. are

INLD, JVM-P, SDF, MNS, KC-M and may be PDP. These may be 10-13 extra MPs.

BJD, AIADMK, DMK, NCP, JD-S, TRS and YSRCP could give outside support to the govt.

AAP, AITC, SP, BSP, RJD, JDU, CPI-M, CPI, RSP, FB, NC and Congress would never support Modi-led NDA.

However MPs of one of the smaller parties can cross-over to BJP - e.g. AAP.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

^^^ Rajesh ji,

Jingoistic side of Murali says, lets not discuss alliances, BJP will get 272 on its own :rotfl:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ABP News @abpnewstv · 56m

Bhubaneswar: Senior BJD leader Pravat Tripathy indicates conditional support by his party to NDA in government formation at the Centre.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

AmreshMisra account on twitter suspended
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Just like I posted minimum of all exit polls at a state level and summed it up, I am doing the same for max

Just for the record, 362 is actually 2/3rd majority.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

milind khandekar @milindkhandekar · 1h

#VipExitPoll indicates Kejriwal will be runner up in Varanasi. Congress candidate Ajay Rai will be on third spot. Modi wins the seat.

#VipExitPoll Saran seat sees a close fight between Rabri Devi (RJD) and Rajiv Pratap Rudi (BJP)

#VipExitPoll indicates Rahul Gandhi likely to retain Amethi, but Mulayam Singh Yadav could be in trouble in AzamGarh.

#ABPNews #VipExitPoll predicts Nitin Gadkari likely to win from Nagpur.

#VipExitPoll Rajnath Singh (BJP) is seen winning this seat while Congress emerges as the runner-up. AAP's Javed Jaferi on third spot.

#VipExitPoll Murli Manohar Joshi (BJP) likely to win against Congress’ Sriprakash Jaiswal from Kanpur

#VipExitPoll Ram Vilas Paswan (LJSP) likely to win from Hajipur seat of Bihar

#VipExitPoll Pappu Yadav (RJD) likely to win from Madhepura against Sharad Yadav (JDU)

#VipExitPoll : Gen VK Singh (BJP) leading in Ghaziabad. Raj Babbar (INC) is seen second here. AAP's Shazia Ilmi comes third.

#VipExitPoll Close fight between Capt. Amarinder Singh (INC) and Arun Jaitley (BJP) in Amritsar. Singh slightly ahead here.

#VipExitPoll : Ajit Singh (RLD) likely to lose Baghpat seat. Dr. Satyapal Singh (BJP) leading here.

#VipExitPoll : Hema Malini (BJP) likely to win from Mathura seat.

#VipExitPoll Sivaganga seat - Karti P. Chidambaram (INC) seen losing from here. Senthilnathan, Pr. (ADMK) at top, Raja H (BJP) second.

#VipExitPoll B.S.Yeddyurappa (BJP) appears to be winning Shimoga seat. Geeta Shivrajkumar (JDS) second, Manjunath Bhandary (INC) third.

#VipExitPoll Nandan Nilekani (INC) could lose from Bangalore South seat. Ananth Kumar (BJP) ahead.

Kapil Sibal is seen losing Chandni Chowk constituency seat. He is at third number after BJP's Harsh Vardhan.
Dibang @dibang · 3h

Sushma, Gadkari, Ananth, Yeddy, #PriyaDutt, Kamal Nath, #Modi to win #Kejriwal is No 2 Nilekani to lose Watch @ABPnewsTV #VIPEXITPOLL on now
Dibang @dibang · 4h

#KapilSibal, #AjayMaken, Milind Deora, Medha Patkar, Jyotiraditya Scindia to lose Watch @ABPnewsTV #VIPEXITPOLL on now
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

muraliravi wrote:
Sanku wrote:
They were with CVoter till recently, and switched due to AAP pressure and mud throwing.

Never ascribe to malice what you can to incompetency.

If they were really totally sold (partially eveyone is to survive) -- then they would not drastically revise today.
Sanku sir,

I will just add that cvoter's record itself is mediocre at best. They have got several of the polls wrong including simple assembly polls in straight bjp vs cong states.

From what I have seen, trust only csds and chanakya.

BJP should be comfortably placed if we go by these 2 polls.
Muraliravi ji, I am not defending C-voters numbers, in fact the more I dig into today's chanakya track record over last few days, I am amazed that they are so underplayed given their exceptional strike rate. I fully agree with you therefore.

My point was more in terms of Arnab clearly goofing up in dropping C-Voter and going with a WORSE no name noobs and he is trying to recover. I am saying that views of deliberate mischief may not be needed here.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Sanku wrote:
Muraliravi ji, I am not defending C-voters numbers, in fact the more I dig into today's chanakya track record over last few days, I am amazed that they are so underplayed given their exceptional strike rate. I fully agree with you therefore.

My point was more in terms of Arnab clearly goofing up in dropping C-Voter and going with a WORSE no name noobs and he is trying to recover. I am saying that views of deliberate mischief may not be needed here.
Agreed, I think he goofed up and chose the wrong agency. You are spot on with the record of Chanakya. They have got it right in almost all elections. The only crucial election where I am unable to see if they predicted it right or not is the UP state election of 2007. Other than that, they have got all State and LS polls from 2004 (including 2004 LS correct). So if they are correct again, OMG.

BTW, on their website, they have a hindi newspaper clipping showing how they got 2004 right. The font is too small, were you able to decipher what is written there?
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Speaking of which: I hope someone has got the recording of the beginning of the TimesNow MegaExitPoll PollofPolls 150 hour saga with the epic eff up of getting shafted by fake ORG?

I loved how enthu he was at the 240 for NDA numbers? That video clip can be a gold mine for the future.

He has toned down so much tonight :)
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Are ndtv projections out? Per FB "I support Narendra Modi" acct ndtv is 282. And moronab has revised to 289? So lowest projection is 272 by India Today. Even if it dips to 220 (-52 off of lowest) nda should be home with support from Amma, bjd, inld and independents. I think this one is in our pockets.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Bhajpa team - keep guarding the EVMs until they are out the next thing is when will Sadhvi Pragnya come out
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

pankajs wrote:
Sushma, Gadkari, Ananth, Yeddy, #PriyaDutt, Kamal Nath, #Modi to win #Kejriwal is No 2 Nilekani to lose Watch @ABPnewsTV #VIPEXITPOLL on now
Good news overall. I hope that Farziwal is a distant, way distant number 2, if that.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

if kerjiwal does no. 2 then how will he p!ssAAP for no. 1 pradan mantriji bost?
debadutta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by debadutta »

pankajs wrote:
ABP News @abpnewstv · 56m

Bhubaneswar: Senior BJD leader Pravat Tripathy indicates conditional support by his party to NDA in government formation at the Centre.
In odiya papers there is news that Naveen had discussions with Arun Jaitley regarding this. Apparently BJD will get 3 ministerial positions in lieu of it's support.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CNN-IBN News ‏@ibnlive 2h

According to the survey, the AAP has failed to enthuse the voters #Verdict2014
CNN-IBN News ‏@ibnlive 2h

Even in the North, the AAP is actually doing well only in Delhi and Punjab #Verdict2014
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Suresh En ‏@surnell 2h

So Indian National Congress has conceded defeat and that too in style. Accuses Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of... http://fb.me/2zuWRPEpV
New Indian Express ‏@NewIndianXpress 2h

#BJP Misused Government Machinery to Win Polls: #Congress- http://tnie.in/RMGFm6
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

muraliravi wrote:Just like I posted minimum of all exit polls at a state level and summed it up, I am doing the same for max

Just for the record, 362 is actually 2/3rd majority.
Maximum for J&K would be 3! :)
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

JOTHISH NAIR @jothishnair1010 · 2h

BJP will open its account from the Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala
M.A.B ‏@binoyashokan 2h

#PollOfPolls Kerala news channel @reporter_tv 's exit poll predicts the first LOTUS BLOOM in #Kerala in Trivandrum.
Last edited by pankajs on 14 May 2014 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

muraliravi ji,

#VIPExitPoll of ABPNews were saying that

Jyotiraditya Scindia would be losing from Guna, MP,
Kamal Nath would be winning from Chhindwara, MP.

If even Scindia is losing, I would think that there are good chances of a 28/29 from MP.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

See how TMC does voter intimidation & booth capturing (from Telegraph)

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/13/e ... 23061.html

EVM rigging may play spoil sport,

if inapporpriate pls delete mod
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

I really want to see paap restricted to 3 or less. May 2 in Punjab and. 1 in Ncr or KT. Anything more will make them bold and incr nuisance value. Given their sympathy for terrorists, Maoists, anti Dev, anti national elements and recent khulasa about tie up with khalistani elements they can get very dangerous otherwise. NaMo needs to come up with a plan yo crush these lawless turds.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

RajeshA wrote:muraliravi ji,

#VIPExitPoll of ABPNews were saying that

Jyotiraditya Scindia would be losing from Guna, MP,
Kamal Nath would be winning from Chhindwara, MP.

If even Scindia is losing, I would think that there are good chances of a 28/29 from MP.
Yes Sir, that is right, 28 is possible. On J&K, error noted. So they can get 363, one seat more than 2/3rd majority.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Santosh wrote:I really want to see paap restricted to 3 or less. May 2 in Punjab and. 1 in Ncr or KT. Anything more will make them bold and incr nuisance value. Given their sympathy for terrorists, Maoists, anti Dev, anti national elements and recent khulasa about tie up with khalistani elements they can get very dangerous otherwise. NaMo needs to come up with a plan yo crush these lawless turds.
Absolutely, these guys should be booted out in 2 months max. India's enemies will try and destabilize Namo govt through popular uprising using AK as the face. The next govt should take no chance at all.

BTW, BJP needs to sort out the rajya sabha issue. They are a big minority there and they better start winning state polls quick.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The 2/3rds majority requirement is for those present and voting. The actual rule is 50% of full house AND 2/3rds of present and voting. Average attendance is around 78-80%, which means 2/3rds of ~440 , or 290-295 seats. NDA of ~300 seats would provide substantial latitude.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Boss, you guys are beahving as if the election result are out and BJP has won!! The counting is still two days away!!
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

fanne wrote:Boss, you guys are beahving as if the election result are out and BJP has won!! The counting is still two days away!!
Yes sir, thanks for bringing me back to reality. Let me hold off for a 2 more days.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

And I'll do not a Dilbu coz I do not want Sarswati ma to bless me when I am saying Namo will ************
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

debadutta wrote: In odiya papers there is news that Naveen had discussions with Arun Jaitley regarding this. Apparently BJD will get 3 ministerial positions in lieu of it's support.
If NDA as it is gets majority, under no circumstances should BJP make a deal with Naveen Patnaik. BJP is growing in Odisha after a long time. That should not be curtailed. Let BJP grow, let them build local leadership, and attack Naveen on any of his real and imagined faults.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Suraj wrote:The 2/3rds majority requirement is for those present and voting. The actual rule is 50% of full house AND 2/3rds of present and voting. Average attendance is around 78-80%, which means 2/3rds of ~440 , or 290-295 seats. NDA of ~300 seats would provide substantial latitude.
Strangely the Indian Constitution makes it very hard to remove the President (you need 2/3rds majority of TOTAL membership of the house) than to amend the Constitution!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

impeaching a constitutional position is not easy in any country AFAIK.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Naveen patnaik should be given option to merge with BJP and he can continue to serve as cm of Orissa as long as he gets re elected. Come back home and strengthen the hands of dharma or fight out and bite the dust like Nikamma. But I agree that Nda should look for alliances until they hit 325+ so they have some latitude against finicky leaders.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ramana wrote: I think this is fraud using a bogus similar sounding poll company to bolster Congress bargaining power before the real results are known.
Arnab and TimesNow have been Congress A team.
You read the news of NCP and BJD. They want to hold of these "jump-jilanis" from creating an exodus. They want to see in the event of NDA hitting the lower end they can explore some possibilities. This whole hanagama is for a last minute possibility. But if TodayChaanakya comes true and UP+MAha created TsuNaMo all they get is s-h-i-t on the face. Arnab loses any remaining credibility.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTFna1d ... tube_gdata
Modi+ - 4
Jaya - 24
Black Dog - 5

==

I am not going to disregard that handshake between Modi and Rajnikanth to go waste! we will see on fridin.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

When is the official Nehru dienasty tv giving the unoFficial official result?
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

If you mean rNDTV it is Wednesday evening.
Not to worry saar
The lowest poll now for NDA is 272 by India Today group. Dorknob has revised his poll to 292.
Even with 20% rigging NDA will get 250 enough to form Govt with some milder parties
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

This rigging is centralized rigging. It wont be 20% less or anything. It will be for a 'result' whatever that could be.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

It's settled now. Here is the news

There is a Modi wave in India' :rotfl:
Did you see a Modi wave in the 2014 elections?

I certainly think there is a Modi wave throughout the nation, more or less. Where the BJP has good presence like in the north and the west, the wave would be translated into more seats and in the south and the east, where the party does not have much presence, the incremental wave would not give them that many seats.

The Modi wave is also superimposed by an anti-Congress wave. While there is anger against the Congress, there is also a pro-Modi sentiment. Together, it will lead to a Modi victory.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

IMHO they may not dare to do too much EVM rigging since BJP has gone public with their estimates. I think it was clever of AS to go on IBN and give out 300+ estimate. That aligns +/-20 with everybody else. Now if NDA goes below 200, their will be massive perception of fraud. Also NaMo is no pushover like ABV.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Amrikhaans are pooping all over.

one question - If Modi puts a condition that to normalize ties and allow US to be considered for any contracts, US has to stop all funding NGO/missionary work, what would be their reaction? Unofficially ofcourse!

http://carnegieendowment.org/2014/05/12 ... tions/han1
Obviously, engagement will not come easily because of the uncomfortable fact that Washington and Modi managed to start out on the wrong foot. The complications attending Modi’s personal history are likely to affect the future trajectory of U.S.-Indian relations in unhelpful ways.

In 2005, provoked by allegations about Modi’s role in the 2002 Gujarat riots, the United States revoked his visa under an obscure law on religious freedom. This action bruised Modi personally. And it has produced the awkward situation in which for the first time India, a fellow democracy and strategic partner of the United States, could be governed by a prime minister who resents a country that otherwise serves as an inspiration for his middle-class political base at home and an important source of funding and policy ideas.

The fact that Modi has never been charged, let alone convicted, in an Indian court for his involvement in the Gujarat riots only makes his bitterness at the U.S. action more implacable. He believes that he has been unfairly penalized on allegations that have not held up in his own country’s judicial system.

Today, both Modi and the United States are trapped in a catch-22: in understandable pique, Modi has declared that he will never apply for an American visa again—and there is no way to revalidate his now-expired visa if he will not apply anew. This constraint would not prevent Modi from visiting the United States in an official capacity as India’s prime minister because he would be automatically eligible for an A-class visa as a head of government. Yet this technicality is unlikely to satisfy Modi because the U.S. State Department’s previous revocation of his personal visa, coupled with what has been a deliberate U.S. distance from him over the years, remains an ingrained slight that will be hard to mollify once he has achieved validation through victory—especially if the outcome of India’s national election is decisive.

The prospect for a dramatic resuscitation of U.S.-Indian relations under a Modi government in India, therefore, looks less than promising, despite the fact that Modi is exactly the kind of assertive personality who could improve New Delhi’s outreach to Washington at will. Unless he were to reinvent himself as a latter-day Vajpayee bent on transforming bilateral ties, this shift is unlikely to happen. Modi has undoubtedly made careful efforts throughout his election campaign to emphasize the continuing worth of Vajpayee’s legacy on several issues. And where the United States and India are concerned, he has declared plainly, even if not entirely persuasively, that “relations between the two countries cannot be determined or be even remotely influenced by incidents related to individuals.” On this count, given the depth of his personal animus, there is little reason to take him at face value. Where international engagement is concerned, Modi is mostly likely to remember those who welcomed him while he was in the political wilderness—and that means Japan, Israel, Singapore, and even, with qualifications, China.

The administration of U.S. President Barack Obama, at any rate, has sought to signal its willingness to let bygones be bygones, declaring through the congressional testimony of Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Desai Biswal that it “look[s] forward to engagement with the new government [in India] that will take . . . [the bilateral relationship] to new heights.”

While this constitutes an important overture, it is unlikely to win Modi’s heart and mind. What would make the difference to him is either a public American expression of regret for the visa revocation or an open personal welcome to the United States. However, it is politically impossible for Washington to do the former, and it is unlikely that the latter will happen before Modi is clearly elevated to the position of prime minister.

NATIONAL INTERESTS, STRATEGIC CONSEQUENCES
While it is doubtful that a Prime Minister Modi would go out of his way to spite the United States, he would not set out to consciously ingratiate himself with the United States either. If bilateral relations do receive a direct boost, it will be because he views undertaking certain actions as necessary for advancing India’s own interests. And because Narendra Modi is, above all else, a committed nationalist who cares deeply about Indian interests, it is not unreasonable to expect that he will do some things for India that would bring clear benefits to the United States. The improvements he promises, this time for India’s own sake, in the structural factors that have impeded a transformation in bilateral ties offer the greatest reason for hope.

In this context, Washington should remember that a strong India is in America’s strategic interest on its own merits. Especially in the face of an increasingly assertive China, the United States benefits from the presence of a robust democratic power that is willing to and capable of independently balancing Beijing’s rising influence in Asia.

Despite Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s deep commitment to transforming U.S.-Indian relations, the effort to do so lost momentum during his second term in office. A perverse turn in India’s economic policies (and fortunes) and a slowing in defense and strategic cooperation, which until then had been a key driver propelling the strategic partnership upward, largely accounted for the stagnation.

There is every likelihood that a Modi government would alter Indian policies for the better in both those areas—with U.S.-Indian relations thereby profiting at least as an externality, if not a directly intended consequence. Building up India’s defense capabilities rapidly and purposefully is a case in point. Modi already understands that India’s defense procurement and the higher-level management of its defense policy have both suffered grave reverses during A. K. Antony’s tenure as defense minister, which began in 2006. If Modi becomes prime minister, he will quickly become entirely convinced that it is not India’s nuclear doctrine that requires speedy change—he has intimated that already—but rather its conventional military capabilities. The modernization of those forces has fallen dangerously behind schedule. India’s defense procurement processes are badly clogged, and the failure to create a well-educated cadre of military leaders as well as better civil-military relations has cost the country dearly.

If the next government resolutely moves to correct these faults, U.S.-Indian relations will immediately benefit. For example, any Indian decisions to acquire additional U.S. military equipment (especially by closing those contracts that are close to fruition) will quickly improve the combat capabilities of the Indian armed forces while simultaneously strengthening the U.S. position as a desirable supplier of advanced technology. Both these outcomes are self-evidently in Washington’s interest.

Similar benefits will be reaped if a proposed defense trade and technology initiative comes to fruition. This initiative is an effort to strengthen bilateral ties among both private defense firms in the United States and India and the two countries’ militaries. If it is consummated, India’s defense research organizations and its emerging private defense companies will be linked more closely to the best American developers of cutting-edge systems, making the prospects brighter for future defense cooperation.

If a Modi regime can make quick decisions to enlarge the opportunities for more Indian officers to enroll in American professional military education, permit Indian officers to be cross-posted in the U.S. combatant commands, sign the so-called “foundational agreements” on interoperability and safeguards that the Vajpayee government agreed to in principle, and create new avenues for greater American investment in India’s defense industry, it will produce important gains for India while directly benefiting American strategic interests.

The United States would also profit from India’s continued economic reform and its return to high growth.

Modi knows better than any Indian politician that his success will be judged by the extent to which he can rehabilitate India’s economic fortunes. If he is elevated to high office in this election, it will be mainly because Indian voters, disenchanted by the country’s recent economic slowdown, have put their trust in him individually rather than in his party, hoping that he will be their ticket to collective success.

Not surprisingly, then, Modi has assiduously campaigned (at least at the national level) on the universally acknowledged necessities of returning to high growth, providing good governance, increasing employment, and empowering India’s states. Granted, toward the end of what has been a vicious electoral campaign by previous standards, Modi succumbed to the temptation of employing nativist tropes in eastern and northeast India and criticizing the Election Commission, which directs and controls the entire election process—actions that have intensified concerns among those constituencies that fear what they perceive to be Modi’s parochialism and dictatorial tendencies. And his relentless invocation of “no red tape, only red carpet” for investors has often given rise to the expectation that his economic policies will favor primarily big corporate houses, both Indian and foreign.