Pakistan Nuclear Proliferation - 31 Jan 2004

Rangudu
BRFite

Re: Pakistan Nuclear Proliferation - 31 Jan 2004

Post by Rangudu »

N,

That news article is in the WPost as well as in this thread earlier.

Here's the link

After that in a NY Times report, "US officials" said they don't give it much weight. :roll:
Umrao
BRFite

Post by Umrao »

Oh well that brings up Prof Raghu who once upon a time used to post here ;) took exception when I said the US media is the most controlled media in the world, and Now that Blair got (f)earful from BUsh he is clamping on BBC too.

Manufacturing Consent thru doctoring Intelligence is the order of the day.
Aarya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Aarya »

Originally posted by Robin M:
TEXT of A.Q. Khan's Apology to Pakistanis

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/04/international/asia/04CND-TEXT.html

I also appeal to all citizens of Pakistan in the supreme national interest to refrain from any further speculations and not to politicize this extremely sensitive issue of national security. May Allah keep Pakistan safe and secure. Pakistan Paindabad! :confused: [Long Live Pakistan!].
Papis wont forget his self sacrifice (as it seems). He is paving way to becomming the next President of Pakistan.

But, what did he really say?
My dear ladies and gentlemen, Assalam-ul Alaikum, it is with the deepest sense of sorrow, anguish and regret that I have chosen to appear before you in order to atone for some of the anguish and pain that have been suffered with the people of Pakistan on account of the extremely unfortunate events of the last two months.
Sorry, we got caught.
The recent investigations was ordered with the government of Pakistan consequent to the disturbing disclosures and evidence by some countries to international agencies relating to alleged proliferation activities by certain Pakistanis and foreigners over the last two decades.
Those Iranians and Libyan SOBs betrayed us.
The investigations have established that many of the reported activities did occur and these were inevitably initiated at my behest.

In my interviews with the concerned government officials I was confronted with the evidence and findings and I have voluntarily admitted that much of it is true and accurate.
They proved our prolifiration beyond any reasonable doubt.
My dear brothers and sisters I have chose to appear before you to offer my deepest regrets and unqualified apologies to a traumatized nation. I am aware of the high esteem, love and affection in which you have held me for my services to national security and I am grateful for all the awards and honor that have been bestowed upon me.
Please do remember, I am the one who made the nuclear bombs.
However it pains me to realize in retrospect that my entire lifetime achievements of providing foolproof national security to my nation could have been placed in serious jeopardy on account of my activities which were based in good faith but on errors of judgment related to unauthorized proliferation activities.
I misjudged the pakjabis, I am sorry for trusting them.
I also wish to clarify that there was never ever any kind of authorization for these activities by the government.
Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto are innocent. I will tackle the pakjabi army establishment later, when I become the President.
Sunil
BRFite

Post by Sunil »

Kgoan,

Oh My God!

I never realised BCCI was such a giant operation. No really...

I did not know that BCCI was not only used by the D I Kaskar organization to launder drug money but also used by a number of western intelligence agencies for maintaining slush funds for secret operations.

I did not even know that BCCI was also used by Abdul Qadeer Khan to make purchases and sales on a nuclear black market or that elements of the D I Kaskar organization were used to smuggle nuclear components.

and I really did not know that BCCI had so many benefactors in the US or that several major political leaders were connected to BCCI in such ways or that several major persons in US policy circles shared the same bank as A Q Khan.

Oh my God! I have learnt so much from reading this thread.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Guys,

Please continue in the new thread

Admins

Please close this one

Thanks</font></font>