Indian Nuke News & Discussion Thread-June 18 2008

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Nuke News & Discussion Thread-June 18 2008

Post by svinayak »

Muppalla wrote:
Important point to be discussed is why the Congress and MMS gave importance to Nuke deal over anything else in the governance.
They did all kinds of maneuvering possible in a diverse coalition that they are heading. In all this hustle with coalition parties, there is very little that DDM has covered regarding the poles inside congress and what exactly they think about MMS.

MMS may not be a strong leader (dependent on Sonia) but this deal is pulled by him and him only. At this stage the no-confidence move is just a process with no much value.
The correct question is asked.
The group which owns the DDM are also the same people who support the deal and helped in forming the govt of MMS.
The lobby which helped MMS is the one which pulled the deal.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Acharyaji:

Given that The Deal is a continuation and logical progression of the Process started by ABV/LKA and the Jaswant-Talbott chai-biscoot epic, doesn't this also mean that the same Lobby control(led) the NDA? Could it be that the only difference is now that the Baksheesh is flowing to the UPA, making the NDA rather :(( ?

(JUST A THOUGHT! Don't shoot! Hold the trishools pls kindly onee! :eek: )
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Acharya ji,

What is the name of this group that owns the entire DDM, supports the deal and selected a PM for India making mockery of a billion people and their constitution? Can you reveal the name of the group/cult? May be the persons that you interact with who obviously don't support the deal have chosen to remain anonymous for fear of their lives?

Is it called "Khopdi and haddi"
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

narayanan wrote:Acharyaji:

Given that The Deal is a continuation and logical progression of the Process started by ABV/LKA and the Jaswant-Talbott chai-biscoot epic, doesn't this also mean that the same Lobby control(led) the NDA? Could it be that the only difference is now that the Baksheesh is flowing to the UPA, making the NDA rather :(( ?

(JUST A THOUGHT! Don't shoot! Hold the trishools pls kindly onee! :eek: )
Good one. :rotfl:
The pro deal team has changed now
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Is it called "Khopdi and haddi"
:) :)
K- Were you ever "tapped" at Yale?
Last edited by Amber G. on 16 Jul 2008 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
rajrang
BRFite

Post by rajrang »

I wonder which states in India will benefit more from this nuclear deal - is it north western India - Punjab, Rajasthan etc. which do not have either coal or hydro nearby? Many indian states are in the coast and so can import natural gas for power plants. Others such as Bihar, Orissa, W. Bengal are within proximity of coal fields. The N.E. has plenty of hydo potential. Is the support for MMS to sign this deal coming from lobbies from states such as Punjab, Rajasthan etc.?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rajrang wrote:I wonder which states in India will benefit more from this nuclear deal - is it north western India - Punjab, Rajasthan etc. which do not have either coal or hydro nearby? Many indian states are in the coast and so can import natural gas for power plants. Others such as Bihar, Orissa, W. Bengal are within proximity of coal fields. The N.E. has plenty of hydo potential. Is the support for MMS to sign this deal coming from lobbies from states such as Punjab, Rajasthan etc.?
Does this matter on a national level other than as a political data point?

After all the threat from Pakistan is faced directly only by Punjab/Rajasthan/Kashmir and we never seem to wonder if defence spending is politically motivated by lobbies from those states. That would a nice political point for parties in Karnataka to oppose defence spending as "No skin off my b***s"
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

New Delhi, July 15 : Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today dismissed allegations by the Left and the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) safeguards agreement would compromise India's strategic programme.

http://www.newkerala.com/one.php?action ... s&id=85839

(On a separate note, I am seriously annoyed by BJP.)
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Some time back I touched upon nuclear waste, and there was reassuring posts about India's capabilities and FBR and such. I tried to google for India's current stature and practices in nuclear waste disposal. Any papers or websites on this subject? Thanks in Advance.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Karan: It gets better.
Lies, deceit and betrayal

By M.D. Nalapat (15 July 2008)

Since 2004, "secularism" has been defined in Soniaspeak as a policy that in effect discriminates against the majority community. Why should only the places of worship of a single community be under the control of governments, including those known to follow an exclusivist agenda?

Since he took office as the proxy of Sonia Gandhi more than four years ago, Manmohan Singh hassought with zeal to carry out her agenda of rendering India helpless to any economic challenge from the EU or a military one from China. Even in her election campaigns, Sonia Gandhi conveyed the message that the minorities were in danger of losing their lives and property. Just as George W. Bush and Dick Cheney scared the US voter into giving them a second term in office—by painting rival John Kerry as an individual incapable of protecting them against terrorism—Sonia frightened the minorities into supporting her hodgepodge of competing corporate interests masquerading as political parties.

Manmohan Singh took four years to expose himself as simply window-dressing for implementing the policies of Sonia Gandhi. Policies that have by now ensured the near-emasculation of the Indian business community in its battle against foreign competition.

An action that is seditious in the extreme is the attempted effort to bind India to the NPT and CTBT after decades of struggle to develop domestic alternatives. Manmohan Singh has long been against India's nuclear expansion, including when he was Finance Minister (1991-96). Instead of permitting the AEC to reprocess all the spent fuel at its disposal, including at Tarapur, he has instead declined to source uranium from non-NSG states and more vigorously develop the country's own uranium reserves. By throwing the country at the mercy of states that for long have sought to contain India, Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi are in fact going against the vision of Indira Gandhi, who boldly went in for a programme of nuclear self-reliance. What needs to be done is to increase efforts for procuring uranium, fast-track the thorium programme, open up the nuclear and broader defense sector to Indian corporates and reprocess spent fuel. The agreement now sought to be entered into with the IAEA and the NSG ought to be replaced with another one that protects the country's technology and future. Should the US decline to agree to an equitable deal, India needs to sign a bilateral agreement with Russia, a country that has once again demonstrated its independence.

The country would find itself hard pressed to survive another term of the Sonia team. They need to go. Because of their access to money power, the Sonia-Manmohan duo is expecting to win its vote of confidence, thus giving it a few more months to fulfill Sonia Gandhi's vision of an India helpless before the EU and China. What the country needs is another general election, as soon as possible. And to ensure that the country is spared a repeat of the present, the NDA needs to go before the people and warn them that each vote is needed to protect the country from the catastrophe to which it is being led by the UPA. The next round could well decide the future of India.

(The writer is Vice-Chair, Manipal Advanced Research Group, UNESCO Peace Chair & Professor of Geopolitics, Manipal University.)

http://www.sanghparivar.org/lies-deceit-and-betrayal
No one has answered my question on which are these "non-NSG states" that will supply uranium to India. Why wouldn't they also supply uranium to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the Al Qaeda?

Actually, I have heard and read Prof. Monu Nalapat's articles quite a bit. The above does not look remotely like something written by him, unless he has had a recent lobotomy.
Raju

Post by Raju »

MMS may not be a strong leader (dependent on Sonia) but this deal is pulled by him and him only. At this stage the no-confidence move is just a process with no much value.
he is simply not capable of pulling such a large deal all by himself.
It is commonly believed that Sonia is operating through MMS in this regard.
But it is MMS whose name is being dragged through mud.

the reason Congress & MMS has given highest importance to Nuke deal is because they have been asked to do so.
they are just following orders.
this is what has been hidden from the media all along. They have went along with the charade of portraying MMS as
the sole mover behind this deal.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Raju wrote:It is commonly believed that Sonia is operating through MMS in this regard.
Read the story of Samson and Delilah. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson
Sonia is modern day Delilah to entire India. She is just after the secrets of India to be delivered on a platter. (OK - another conspiracy theory onlee)
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

I am just so happy to hear that the ppl ruling India are so smart that they can keep such good secrets (except from the perceptive experts here). I mean, if I think back to the 1999 hijacking of the IA aircraft, and our wonderfully alert netas sitting around clueless...
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Oh - I forgot that there is Gandhi surname at the end. She got be the Goddess.Blasphemy!! Blasphemy!!
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

narayanan wrote:I am just so happy to hear that the ppl ruling India are so smart that they can keep such good secrets (except from the perceptive experts here). I mean, if I think back to the 1999 hijacking of the IA aircraft, and our wonderfully alert netas sitting around clueless...

N^3,

Ouch that hurt! :rotfl:

But who are you to question folks who have X-Ray vision aka Supreman and can see things that mere mortals (like you, not me - I'm a SDRE sub prime) cannot see or understand?
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Muppalla wrote:Oh - I forgot that there is Gandhi surname at the end. She got be the Goddess.Blasphemy!! Blasphemy!!

Muppalla,

Boss since this is a follow up to your previous post, is it also part of the conspiracy theory? :D

I mean, with such uncertainty in the poltical space with vote buying going on (asking price is Rs 25 cr so I hear from one of the stalwarts of BRF) one could start thinking that you are trying to hoodwink people to actually believe you do not worship the Gandhi? Trying to talk up the market!

:rotfl:
Raju

Post by Raju »

amit, I have not made the 25 cr claim. A rebel Samajwadi Party MP has done it.
he mentioned it aloud while others were whispering quietly.
Let's keep it in perspective.