General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by IndraD »

in Delhi for once opportunist hyenas surrounding Modi (Jaitley, Sushma, Advani, gadkari) is not encouraging sight.

Over 400+ candidates of AAP lost deposit, a record in itself
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Shamlee wrote:What happened to the boti-boti guy? Did he win? From which constituency was he contesting?

Before I forget a big thanks to all of you for the wonderful posts, updates and the hard work during the last few months.
There were some very close wins in UP

Code: Select all

Rampur	7	DR. NEPAL SINGH	BJP	defeats NASEER AHMAD KHAN	SP	23435
Saharanpur	1	RAGHAV LAKHANPAL	BJP	defeats	IMRAN MASOOD	INC	65090
Sambhal	8	SATYAPAL SINGH	BJP	defeats	DR SHAFIQ- UR RAHMAN BARQ	SP	5174	Result Declared
The guy was Imran Masood.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

How many Muslim candidates won from the Hindi heartland?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

From UP 0 from Bihar, not sure.
SK Mody
BRFite

Post by SK Mody »

RajeshA wrote:
Pre-poll NDA: 346
BJP: 282
SS: 18
TDP: 16
LJP: 6
SAD: 4
RLSP: 3
Apna Dal: 2
SSS: 1
PMK: 1
AINR: 1
NPP: 1
NPF: 1

External Support: 6
INLD: 2
SDF: 1
IND: 3

UPA: 60
INC: 44
NCP: 6
RJD: 4
JMM: 2
IUML: 2
KC-M: 1
MIM: 1

Federal Front: 123
AIADMK: 37
AITC: 34
BJD: 20
TRS: 11
YSRCP: 9
SP: 5
PDP: 3
JD(U): 2
JD(S): 2

Left Front: 11
CPI-M: 9
CPI: 1
RSP: 1

Others: 7
AAP: 4
AIUDF: 3

_________

Leader of Opposition should be from AIADMK!
So it looks as if the "federal front" will form the opposition. I guess the thing that unites them is "more powers to state govts" (which in any case the BJP is not really averse to). Other that that the the three main parties in that coalition are all run by three somewhat eccentric leaders whowill each want to go their own way. The question is whether they will agree to let the NDA act on core issues like repeal of article 370. Offhand, I don't think Amma and Patnaik are so interested in that issue but they may want to drive some hard bargains. So, assuming they have a successful 5 yr term otherwise, NDA may want to wait, perhaps until the next elections (when they can do better in Orissa and TN). Mamata is a question-mark. Large muslim voter base so she may have to voice opposition.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

sagarika ghosh tweeting not single muslim mp in ruling party
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Good
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

saale is outlook ki to.........
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

ashish raval wrote:
SPattath wrote:Some rumours that J Schindia, Sachin Pilot and others have asked Rahul to allow them to manage Congress or else they will quit and float new outfit.
Scindhia is going to throw big opposition as he was visibly upset descending Gandhi. Both senior pilot and scindhia were heavy weights opposed to dynasty in their own way hence it is natural that they will oppose.
And that is why both were accidents. :cry:
SK Mody
BRFite

Post by SK Mody »

Chandragupta wrote:They will offer to, but then sycophants will drop at their feet & beg them to stay on. Yawn. Nautanki onlee.
Talking about sycophants, here is a good read about Raga and Dogvijaya:
http://www.mediacrooks.com/2011/06/rahu ... 3c7WzlL3mE
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

2014 election has proven 1 thing that a guju can do anything to get US visa!!
:rotfl:
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

RajeshA wrote:How many Muslim candidates won from the Hindi heartland?
0 from Haryana, 0 from UP, 3 from Bihar (Tariq Anwar (NCP) from Katihar, Muhammad Taslimuddin (RJD) from Ararea, Muhammad Ashrarul Haque (Cong) from Kishanganj), 0 from Jharkhand. I see that the history sheeter, Muhammad Taslimuddin has made it back to Parliament. The lad is wanted for everything from murder and rape to petty thefts (wide range of skills, no?).
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

SK Mody wrote: So it looks as if the "federal front" will form the opposition. I guess the thing that unites them is "more powers to state govts" (which in any case the BJP is not really averse to). Other that that the the three main parties in that coalition are all run by three somewhat eccentric leaders whowill each want to go their own way. The question is whether they will agree to let the NDA act on core issues like repeal of article 370. Offhand, I don't think Amma and Patnaik are so interested in that issue but they may want to drive some hard bargains. So, assuming they have a successful 5 yr term otherwise, NDA may want to wait, perhaps until the next elections (when they can do better in Orissa and TN). Mamata is a question-mark. Large muslim voter base so she may have to voice opposition.
There is no Federal Front, except notionally. The LS Speaker is not required to take cognisance of any fronts, unless the parties merge. Consequently, there will be no opposition leader, unless the LS speaker agrees to mergers being considered.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

Bihar's Nitish Kumar Resigns: TV Sources
To make the announcement at 5pm
Last edited by Raj on 17 May 2014 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

falling like ninepins.
Gogoi.
Rahul
Sonia
Now nitish resigns.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Chalo, we will have new elections and hope to see a government with absolute majority in my home state.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

nageshks wrote:
RajeshA wrote:How many Muslim candidates won from the Hindi heartland?
0 from Haryana, 0 from UP, 3 from Bihar (Tariq Anwar (NCP) from Katihar, Muhammad Taslimuddin (RJD) from Ararea, Muhammad Ashrarul Haque (Cong) from Kishanganj), 0 from Jharkhand. I see that the history sheeter, Muhammad Taslimuddin has made it back to Parliament. The lad is wanted for everything from murder and rape to petty thefts (wide range of skills, no?).
So from Hindi-speaking states, only 4 Muslims, all from Bihar
HP - 0
CH - 0
HR - 0
DL - 0
RJ - 0
UK - 0
UP - 0
MP - 0
CG - 0
JH - 0
BR - 4
_______

TARIQ ANWAR (NCP) - Katihar
CHOUDHARY MAHBOOB ALI KAISER (LJP) - Khagaria
MOHAMMAD ASRARUL HAQUE (INC) - Kishanganj
TASLEEM UDDIN (RJD) - Araria
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Nitish Kumar resigns in Bihar
massive rebel split in JD-U
http://zeenews.india.com/news/general-e ... 32870.html
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

So all our expectations coming true on Bihar!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

One more down. Next is MH where we need to throw out this corrupt govt partnered by very pawaarful clan who threatens to piss in the dams.
arminius
BRFite

Post by arminius »

IndraD wrote:Nitish Kumar resigns in Bihar
massive rebel split in JD-U
http://zeenews.india.com/news/general-e ... 32870.html
What Nitish Kumar did in Patna was criminal. The man should not be allowed to get away with it. Prime minister Modi needs to make an example of it. He allowed jihadis to implement their plans. Loss of CMship is nothing in lieu.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Should they go for fresh elections in BH or break JDU and rule for rest of the term under SM and then go for elections in 2016?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

लगे हाथ बिहार में भी भाजपा की सरकार बना ही लेते है #nitishresigns Giriraj tweets
Lets make govt in Bihar as well

elections bound to happen i see lotus coming to my home state too!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

What is the current status of the Jail where Savarkar was incarcerated.

There are so many things that BJP govt can do but one of the things govt should do first is to print Mani Shankar Aiyar's face on foot mats and toilet papers and distribute them lavishly to anyone visiting the Cellular jail in A&N.
What that man did to the memory of Savarkar should be construed as act of enmity to the nation.
Unfortunately there is no law which can be thrown at this mans face and be made guest of same Cellular jail.

I don't know if MSA renamed cellular jail too as Rajiv Gandhi Jail or not.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Chandrasekhar wrote:^^
He lost by 65,000 votes.

http://eciresults.nic.in/ConstituencywiseS241.htm?ac=1

In UP BJP+ won all seats except those where candidates from Gandhi dynasty (2) and Yadav clan (5) were fielded.
So moral of the lesson is Sonia, Mulyam, Maya should search for extended family and contest in 25 seats each. Then they can will UP :rotfl:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

arminius wrote:
As I expected, Outlook has a whole section titled "living under Modi" and contributors include Nandita Das. Gentlemen, for your reading pleasure:
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?290737
Swapan Dasgupta, a journalist who supports Mr. Modi, said Delhi elites were worried — justifiably — that the space for their work would shrink when the new government settles in.

“I cannot say what the contours of the future political elite or political class will look like,” he said. “He has brought in lots of people who have risen from local politics, less of those people who are traditional dynasts. A new sort of people, perhaps a little technocratic. People not from the Anglophone elite, maybe.”
as quoted in the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/17/world ... tions.html

The possible displacement of the Anglophone elite is no doubt contributing to much anxiety among that class.
SK Mody
BRFite

Post by SK Mody »

nageshks wrote:
SK Mody wrote: So it looks as if the "federal front" will form the opposition. I guess the thing that unites them is "more powers to state govts" (which in any case the BJP is not really averse to). Other that that the the three main parties in that coalition are all run by three somewhat eccentric leaders whowill each want to go their own way. The question is whether they will agree to let the NDA act on core issues like repeal of article 370. Offhand, I don't think Amma and Patnaik are so interested in that issue but they may want to drive some hard bargains. So, assuming they have a successful 5 yr term otherwise, NDA may want to wait, perhaps until the next elections (when they can do better in Orissa and TN). Mamata is a question-mark. Large muslim voter base so she may have to voice opposition.
There is no Federal Front, except notionally. The LS Speaker is not required to take cognisance of any fronts, unless the parties merge. Consequently, there will be no opposition leader, unless the LS speaker agrees to mergers being considered.
Pity. I think such an opposition could play a more constructive role for India with the congress eventually dying out.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

No you need them for constitutional amendments which will be problematic if they are in opposition specially the likes of Mamata.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

BJP, Conquer Patliputra and Delhi and keep it with you for few decades to bring back Hindawi swaraj.
The time that we all had been promising each other since the loss at Panipat has come now.
Arise and conquer. Let the old order fall away on our victory march.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Aghorii ‏@Aghorii2 38m

@bjpbengal ..BJP is now number one in party in 50 assembly seats .based on LS results
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

milind khandekar ‏@milindkhandekar 36m

Nitish Kumar still has majority in the house, but fear of MLAs crossing over to BJP might have forced him to resign.
Prasanna Viswanathan ‏@prasannavishy 41m

Will be a good idea for BJP to form the govt in Bihar. Assembly polls and now LS polls proved mandate is essentially for BJP
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

No he has no majority in the house. It was the abstention of INC which allowed him too survive the no confidence vote.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Y'r right! The point I think is that an inevitable split followed by resignation would have looked worse for NiKu. He choose to preempt the split and claim high moral ground.
Last edited by pankajs on 17 May 2014 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Nitish became v unpopular after BJP breakup , his M appeasement is hated by even his own caste Kurmis. Kushwaha and MBC are already in BJP kitty

He is whining on TV rightnow communal polarization voted BJP to power
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Supratik wrote:Should they go for fresh elections in BH or break JDU and rule for rest of the term under SM and then go for elections in 2016?
It is best if they start with a clean slate.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yesterday on live NETV, the winning INC MP from Silchar Assam Sushmita Deb asked that Gogoi step down and someone younger take his place for 2016 assembly elections. openly.

she is the daughter of santosh mohan deb , former congress central minister and known baiter of AGP.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NiKu has not recommended dissolution of the assembly!
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Strange he is not asking for dissolution. What is he trying to do? Is he trying to ensure the continuation of his party?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

IndraD wrote:Nitish became v unpopular after BJP breakup , his M appeasement is hated by even his own caste Kurmis. Kushwaha and MBC are already in BJP kitty

He is whining on TV rightnow communal polarization voted BJP to power
Frankly I am surprised that he did not change the name of Patliputra, to some thing more peaceful.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Ab NikU ke kehnse kya hoga.
It is new elections now. Man! Election cycle is getting tiring now.

When is Gogoi resigning as he has promised ?
Sidharamiah of Karanataka has refused to step down. To be fair to him, Performance of Congress was better in Karanataka compared to other places despite high handedness of High command.

CM from MH should also resign owning moral responsibility.