General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

AbhiJ
BRFite

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by AbhiJ »

Taken a leave for tomm. All TV Serials banned for the day.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

I have always said don't overestimate TDP, but I also assumed that INC would stick around in enough seats to allow TDP to still come out as the clear leader with highest # of seats even if they don't get majority. Chanakya poll implies that INC vote bank entirely transferred over to Jagan.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Yes. how can that happen? Literally all the votebank. May be that's why Sonia went to that extent of breaking all Parliamentary norms.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Namo will lose onleeeee :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

vivek.rao wrote:Yep. Looks like 7% of Congress/Other MP voters switched to Jagan (5%) and TDP (1%) in assembly.

Still there is only 1% different. I am hoping statistical error/margin give us better result of Naidu 90 and Jagan - 80
Recent results don't corroborate the numbers. YCP is leading in only 2-3 districts. Only explanations may be voters switched loyalty in a few weeks (between Municipal and General elections) or massive fraud ensued in general elections.

Hellish AP:
TRS+MIM with Jr. Owassi as Home Minister. YCP with Jagan as CM.

devesh wrote:I have always said don't overestimate TDP, but I also assumed that INC would stick around in enough seats to allow TDP to still come out as the clear leader with highest # of seats even if they don't get majority. Chanakya poll implies that INC vote bank entirely transferred over to Jagan.
It is no surprise there on votebank shift from INC to YCP. Otherwise YCP couldn't have done much in Coastal. Main question is PRP went to YCP or not.

Results showed ratios as TDP:YCP :: 56:44
Last edited by ShyamSP on 15 May 2014 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

T-700Minutes and counting to Sabka Saath and Sabka Vikash
member_28555
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28555 »

variation between TC's and lagadapati's exit poll is quite vast.
Andhra Octopus, Ex. Member of Parliament of Vijayawada Lagadapati Rajagopal Latest Exit Polls Survey 2014 :

Seemandhra (175 Assembly seats):
Assembly-MLA – Total seats = 175
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) –Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) : 115-125 Seats
Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) : 45-55 Seats
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Since exit poll thread had been blocked, I am posting it in here. Its from 5forty3 and its now open source.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

ShyamSP wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:Yep. Looks like 7% of Congress/Other MP voters switched to Jagan (5%) and TDP (1%) in assembly.

Still there is only 1% different. I am hoping statistical error/margin give us better result of Naidu 90 and Jagan - 80
Recent results don't corroborate the numbers. YCP is leading in only 2-3 districts. Only explanations may be voters switched loyalty in a few weeks (between Municipal and General elections) or massive fraud ensued in general elections.

Hellish AP:
With Modi as PM, you can be rest assured that TRS will not have the nerve to give any position to MIM goons. Next, what is this obsession with massive fraud. Chanakya is giving you exit poll, how can they capture the massive fraud. I thought fraud means, exit polls predicting outright TDP victory, but results are just opposite. Just because we dont get the outcome we desire, we cannot call it fraud. Everyone in India knows that local body polls are vastly different from Assembly polls. Next, the chanakya outcome is too close for both tdp/ysr to make a real call. There seems to be some minor chunk of voters who have voted for NDA in LS and Jagan in VS.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Ok 5forty3.in exit poll is out.

2014: The election that challenged Dilli and still emerged victorious

Modi 253
NDA 53
Congress 67
UPA 23

Rest read there.

Where I don't agree is on UP (54) and Bihar(20)
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

muraliravi wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:Recent results don't corroborate the numbers. YCP is leading in only 2-3 districts. Only explanations may be voters switched loyalty in a few weeks (between Municipal and General elections) or massive fraud ensued in general elections.

Hellish AP:
With Modi as PM, you can be rest assured that TRS will not have the nerve to give any position to MIM goons. Next, what is this obsession with massive fraud. Chanakya is giving you exit poll, how can they capture the massive fraud. I thought fraud means, exit polls predicting outright TDP victory, but results are just opposite. Just because we dont get the outcome we desire, we cannot call it fraud. Everyone in India knows that local body polls are vastly different from Assembly polls. Next, the chanakya outcome is too close for both tdp/ysr to make a real call. There seems to be some minor chunk of voters who have voted for NDA in LS and Jagan in VS.
Chanakya or NDTV or other surveys, I don't believe in accuracy of surveys or "Exit" polls as there is no unbiased scientific method to them.

Real results we just had a few days ago don't agree to those results.

My statement was referring general scenarios where YCP is leading and not to "accept or deny" any surveys.
Fraud reference is because of recorded news during elections.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Weather here is depressing, rainy and windy. On top of this, the election tension is getting to me. :((
Don't feel like doing any work in the office.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

ShyamSP wrote:
Chanakya or NDTV or other surveys, I don't believe in accuracy of surveys or "Exit" polls as there is no unbiased scientific method to them.

My statement was referring general scenarios where YCP is leading and not to "accept or deny" any surveys.
Fraud reference is because of recorded news during elections.
That fraud has always been happening, it is not hacking. Booth capturing and rigging are inherent features of every indian election. It is an equal opportunity thing. I can say with reasonable confidence that BJP has been winning all elections in Chhattisgarh (LS and VS) only through electoral manipulation and the same way BJP+JDU got a landslide in bihar in 2010 despite having a wafer thin lead over lalu in terms of vote share. TDP should know this and if they dont have useful goons to do this for them, then sorry.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

As per Twitter, Pappu was in London when he skipped the farewell dinner for his servant MMS.

The question is, what was so urgent and pressing that he had to go to London in the middle of an election?
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Transporting secret papers of Gandis to a safe deposit vault in a London Home?
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

So folks, 5fourty3 is back from radio-silence. Newly posted article (dated May 15)

http://5forty3.in/2014/05/2014-the-elec ... ictorious/
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

KJoishy wrote:Weather here is depressing, rainy and windy. On top of this, the election tension is getting to me. :((
assuming you are in east coast;yes, yes, bad weather. dishnetwork is not working due to the storms. It is sporadic, The bad weather pattern will continue post midnight :((
member_27987
BRFite

Post by member_27987 »

KJoishy wrote:Weather here is depressing, rainy and windy. On top of this, the election tension is getting to me. :((
Same here. Can't be expected to do jQuery with all of this happening. The late AP exit poll projections don't help either.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

*Gulp*
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

What is the feeling on Amethi? really wish Ms Irani wins and EVM scammers lose.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Shaktimaan wrote:As per Twitter, Pappu was in London when he skipped the farewell dinner for his servant MMS.

The question is, what was so urgent and pressing that he had to go to London in the middle of an election?
He is always in London most of the time. His handlers/friends are Labour party leaders like Milliband.

Remember Milliband! PAPPU brought him to visit Dalit homes and he made a reference after 26/11 that India should resolve Kashmir to the satisfaction of Pakis to avoid futuattacks.

PAPPU has very close relations with them. May be planning on how to defraud Indian voters and what their options are
Last edited by vivek.rao on 15 May 2014 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

EswarPrakash wrote:
Same here. Can't be expected to do jQuery with all of this happening. The late AP exit poll projections don't help either.
what is the AP exit poll projection
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Part of me wants RG as leader of opposition and watch him fumble and squirm in the Parliament.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Sorry never mind, I thought a -ve projection of national polls by Asso. press.
Are you refering to AP? yes it is bad, but 1st India, it is the moment of last 1000 years tomorrow
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/ls-el ... 140515.htm
Congress leader Ajay Maken said, "After three months of grueling campaigning, Rahul ji is out of town for two days. (He) will be back tomorrow (on Thursday). Rahul ji had already met the honourable prime minister on May 10 to personally thank him for his services and contribution rendered to the nation."

Later, Union minister Rajeev Shukla said that Rahul Gandhi had met the PM on Saturday and thanked him for his contributions. The Congress vice president had also expressed regret that he would not be able to attend the farewell function, as he would be out of town, he added.

But Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, whose party National Conference is an ally of the Congress, felt that a statement should have been put out in advance if Rahul was not to attend the farewell dinner.

"If you knew he (Rahul) was not attending the dinner and he had explained his absence to the PM earlier, put out the statement before the news breaks," Omar tweeted.
I wonder if he went to discuss if they can finalize vote manipulation at the last minute!

Sorry! I should not speculate but I am getting very tense and depressed. What to do! Won't sleep tonight
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

saravana wrote:Part of me wants RG as leader of opposition and watch him fumble and squirm in the Parliament.

I agree. We need words of wisdom from this maha purush for 2019. His funny speaches are what I go back to these days for a laugh ...almost as good (perhaps better) as Bushism

-M
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Vivek bhai do not worry. Even with 250 seats BJD and DMK and some independents will be enough. Screw JJ and Mamta.
Derek no brain yesterday refused to criticize BJP/Modi. A good package is enough to bring them in
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

^^ Thanks.
If not for Twitter & BRF, I would have been diagnosed with Depression and on medication :mrgreen:
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

I know the feeling. A humiliation of 1000 years will end tomorrow, the stakes are very high
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Let's not go overboard with statements like above please. Long way to go....
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

..dhoti shivering actually. All this talk of Didi, Turd front, Amma expelling partyman, TRS chi-chi-ing Modi, Jagan doing well.. etc is pointing to something ominous to me. If even the worst of the exit polls is correct i will take it.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The desperation of the dynasty is now out in the open with a Congresswallah's plea that "the time has come for all secular parties to come to the aid of the party (Congress!)".In other words,"all ye flotsam and jetsam,rogues and riff-raff,rent boys and houris,crony capitalists and committed communists,crooks and con-men,please,please, let us band together despite our manifold differences,opposite ideology,and stop at any cost the Modi juggernaut,so that we can continue our looting and scooting under any "turd front",whatever!
My only wish is that the BJP/NDA get a working majority and must NOT take in in any "super-NDA" this aforementioned flotsam and jetsam,who are still trying to have it both ways,placing their bets both ways on the NDA and the UPA ! Such political promiscuity must
be soundly condemned.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

CRamS wrote: ..and little does he realize the contempt US has for Hindus like him, and nor does he understand the strategic compulsions of US for humiliating Hindus by subjecting ModiJi to such denigrating treatment despite being elected as a chief minister.
I get the feeling that if things go as we hope tomorrow, this strategic compulsion will be reworked in DC, they know it and are in damage control mode. Of course, an arrogant gorilla doesn't back down without thumping its chest and making weird sounds so we can look aside politely while they stomp their feet, shuffle backwards and assume a more rational stance and tone. The US is going to feel the heat because of Modi but indirectly, via the other countries he opens doors to--Japan, Russia, China, France, Germany, UK, ASEAN. Modi is too er..dharmic to either play hurt and petulantly refuse to go to US or get all riled up in righteous fury and refuse to go to US. He will go but only after he has put them firmly in their place. The US administration will be made to look unmistakeably like the crude idiots they are.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

T-600Minutes Payload Mated with the Launcher. System Check will continue.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

The general fraud cannot stop Modi, only systematic hacking can, and that's the worry.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

When exactly do the results trickle in?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

by 9 AM 16th IST
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Are they putting too much faith in EVM magic?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

looks like it, something is cooking