General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

SandeepA
BRFite

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by SandeepA »

krishnan wrote:i doubt BJP can crack TN , as long as amma is there, she seems to be getting a good hold here, dunno how
TN flips between AIADMK and DMK every 4 years. If BJP can decimate DMK and take all the anti-AIADMK space then we have a sustainable model in TN.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

Second mistake of Nitish. No Nitish as CM means no brand value of JDU.
Is it mandatory protocol for a CM to welcome PM?

If it is then I think other than trying to capture SC votes, he couldn't imagine himself welcoming PM Modi when he visits Bihar next time.
Think about the picture of Nitish waiting to welcome Modi all over the media.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

BJP headquarters erupts in celebrations again after CWC rejects Sonia, Rahul’s resignations
“This is as big a deal as winning as the 2014 Lok Sabha results, man,” a BJP leader told The UnReal Times, while indulging in the BJP’s traditional method of spreading joy – feeding a ladoo to his colleague. “We were so worried that the Congress would dump the Gandhis,” he said, “and groom a leader who actually works for the people and gives us a tough fight. Now, five more years of Gandhis being in charge means BJP can focus on mission 350+ in 2019 without too much tension. We’ve already coined our slogan for 2019 – agli baar, phir Modi sarkaar.”
However, 10, Janpath witnessed noisy scenes late at night as a frustrated Rahul Gandhi reportedly kept hollering, “For God’s sake, we got just 44 seats! What will it take for them to chuck me??”
Enjoy
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

David B. Cohen ‏@DavidBCohen1 ·May 18
Modi's win was a rejection not only of the dynasty but of the colonial Brits, who tried to teach Hindus to be ashamed of their culture.

sky-high ‏@saikanomie ·14m @DavidBCohen1 @KesariDhwaj I have a direct delegate @PriyamvadaGopal to help your assertions go valid!
:)
Internet Hindoo ! ‏@DrShobha ·2h
If one starts from Mumbai CST and travel North, thou shall meet first congress MP in Amritsar!

sky-high ‏@saikanomie ·27m @DrShobha @matrimc_brf and only after you find one you will then unwrap the turd associated with him/her burping aap ka fault!
Last edited by SaiK on 20 May 2014 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

R_Kumar wrote:
Second mistake of Nitish. No Nitish as CM means no brand value of JDU.
Is it mandatory protocol for a CM to welcome PM?

If it is then I think other than trying to capture SC votes, he couldn't imagine himself welcoming PM Modi when he visits Bihar next time.
Think about the picture of Nitish waiting to welcome Modi all over the media.
The CM has to interface with the PM on a lot of issues. Especially if JDU advocates a special status for Bihar the CM has to go and pitch his proposal/plan to the PM. Imagine NiKu taking an appointment with Modi and making a pitch for extra funds! The optics of such a situation may not be to NiKu's liking in fact it might be his worst nightmare.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Axomiya Jiyori ‏@SouleFacts 53m

#Breaking 45 MLA of #Assam signs petition and forwards to Sonia Gandhi for change of Assam CM Tarun Gogoi thru CLP meeting.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Bhell .. I was under the impression that she had left but I was wrong.
NDTV ‏@ndtv 27m

US Ambassador Nancy Powell to Leave India This Week http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/us-am ... eek-527733
Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Powell would leave India on Thursday, ending a distinguished 37-year foreign service career.

Powell's two-year tenure in New Delhi was roiled by a spat between the US and India over the strip-search of an Indian diplomat in New York City that badly damaged ties.

Kathleen Stephens, a former US ambassador to South Korea, will serve as head of mission until a new permanent ambassador is nominated and confirmed.

Psaki said Stephens will arrive in Delhi in early June.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Anantha wrote:मोदी ने चाय बेचीं,
कलाम ने अखबार,

सोनिया ने देश बेचा,
केजरी ने अन्ना को बेचा,
मनमोहन ने स्वाभिमान।।
kya baat hai saab. Please keep these coming. Hope you are saving these in your HD and backing them up on google drive.
sumishi
BRFite

Post by sumishi »

ravi_g wrote:
krishnan wrote::rotfl:

blame everyone except raga
Off course it was DETSU. How can anybody say anything against RaGa. The poor guy did nothing wrong. He just did not do anything. The question of any wrong does not arise.

RaGa is a genius. He, single handedly did what crores of Indians wished, tried but could not do. If anything Indian should remain everthankful to RaGa.
IIRC, RaGa did say (after the BJP assembly polls success) something about changing the congress in ways unimaginable. Well, making congis sink to 44 was really a more unimaginable achievement than BJP hitting 282! :mrgreen:
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

pankajs wrote:Bhell .. I was under the impression that she had left but I was wrong.
NDTV ‏@ndtv 27m

US Ambassador Nancy Powell to Leave India This Week http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/us-am ... eek-527733
Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Powell would leave India on Thursday, ending a distinguished 37-year foreign service career.

Powell's two-year tenure in New Delhi was roiled by a spat between the US and India over the strip-search of an Indian diplomat in New York City that badly damaged ties.

Kathleen Stephens, a former US ambassador to South Korea, will serve as head of mission until a new permanent ambassador is nominated and confirmed.

Psaki said Stephens will arrive in Delhi in early June.
ok so unkil is not having ambassadorial representation in Swearing in Ceremony on 26th? Hope they don't send invite.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

They will send invites .. that is a given in diplomacy and the senior most official will most likely attend .. theek hai.
------------------>
OT but given that Karnataka CON gov just completed 1 year and the poor showing in the LS polls. Perhaps hasten things in the state.
NDTV ‏@ndtv 54m

100 Crore 'Seat-Blocking' Scam in Karnataka's Medical, Engineering Colleges http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/100-c ... ges-527732
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

SaiK wrote:
Internet Hindoo ! ‏@DrShobha ·2h
If one starts from Mumbai CST and travel North, thou shall meet first congress MP in Amritsar!

sky-high ‏@saikanomie ·27m @DrShobha @matrimc_brf and only after you find one you will then unwrap the turd associated with him/her burping aap ka fault!
In fact you can travel all the way from the Kutch to Bangla border without finding a non BJP MP!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

IndraD wrote:...
There are a lot of preparation going up and honest people are not worried but corrupt are. One insider (Addl secretary some where) in N Block was saying Modi has no idea of IAS inertia in Delhi cabal.
Modi had no idea of IAS and GAS inertia and cabal in Gandhinagar, Guj. as well when he became CM first time!
SrinivasK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SrinivasK »

Is there any place from where I can download the election results (all the data that is available on the eciresults.nic.in website) in an excel format? I want to see if I can analyze it further by adding additional data points.

I can do this manually if it is not available; I searched online for that kind of data but nobody seems to have it in a spreadsheet.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

pankajs wrote:They will send invites .. that is a given in diplomacy and the senior most official will most likely attend .. theek hai.
------------------>

If Invite is Ambassador Only then no issues not inviting. How can you invite when there is no Amby. Anyway I know diplomatic niceties would prevent not sending an invite. We can use Speed Post as usual.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Open: The Magazine, I think, had an excellent story a couple of months ago about Modi's early days as CM of Gujarat. It talks about how he quickly brought the bureaucrats under control. He started out by asking them all to make presentations. He sat quietly and listened to everything for over a week. Then once he identified the power brokers, he either co-opted them or took them apart and eliminated them from their positions, building an administrative support framework that enabled him to continuously get things done. Clearly, he's doing the same thing in New Delhi.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Shishir Gupta ‏@sisir_gupta 52m

Kejri has asked LG Jung to give him 10 days/ not dissolve Assembly to conduct referendum in Delhi whether ppl want AAP to again form govt.

I conducted a self referendum and the majority wants me to sleep with a one of the top ten Bollywood actresses.

Kejri can go f^^k a D^^k.

-M
member_27987
BRFite

Post by member_27987 »

Suraj wrote:Open: The Magazine, I think, had an excellent story a couple of months ago about Modi's early days as CM of Gujarat. It talks about how he quickly brought the bureaucrats under control. He started out by asking them all to make presentations. He sat quietly and listened to everything for over a week. Then once he identified the power brokers, he either co-opted them or took them apart and eliminated them from their positions, building an administrative support framework that enabled him to continuously get things done. Clearly, he's doing the same thing in New Delhi.
This one? clicky
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

I do not follow English channels but saw sagarika on IBN today , she comes across as complete retard, superficial, female replica of Rahul gandhi , she shd be just ignored
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Have they removed Vadra's name from airports list?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

No, that's not the one. The one I'm referring to is at least a few weeks old, not from last weekend. It may not even have been that magazine. It must be somewhere earlier in the Modi thread, but considering how many pages that is now, I don't have the patience to look it up :) That article was a revealing insight into his behavior, and how he spent time to understand the issues as well as to grasp the various powerbrokers and their abilities. He then proceeded to gain control of the administrative process, reward those he saw as loyal, and push out the ones he saw as a bad influence.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^that is a great clicky! though it is not the article written 2 months back.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

saip wrote:Have they removed Vadra's name from airports list?
soon brother soon..

mein gott the list of shitty things to clear and throw away..astounding.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

gandharva wrote:Image

Good news. Delhi needs her as CM.

I am not too keen on this fence sitter. When she could have made a difference in 2013 Assy elections she chose to sit it out. Now that Modi sarkar is in power she wants to jump in!!!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

EswarPrakash wrote:
Suraj wrote:Open: The Magazine, I think, had an excellent story a couple of months ago about Modi's early days as CM of Gujarat. It talks about how he quickly brought the bureaucrats under control. He started out by asking them all to make presentations. He sat quietly and listened to everything for over a week. Then once he identified the power brokers, he either co-opted them or took them apart and eliminated them from their positions, building an administrative support framework that enabled him to continuously get things done. Clearly, he's doing the same thing in New Delhi.
This one? clicky

Suraj, Have from a very, very reliable source that Modi travelled to many states while still a CM and picked and chose IAS officers since four years.
And these are not even Gujarat cadre.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

ramana wrote:
gandharva wrote:http://i.imgur.com/jvZv2mJ.png

I am not too keen on this fence sitter. When she could have made a difference in 2013 Assy elections she chose to sit it out. Now that Modi sarkar is in power she wants to jump in!!!!
No, she did the right thing. If she contested, everyone would have said she is just cashing in on the NM wave. She actively campaigned for BJP even though she wasn't running herself, just like BR and some others. Lets not forget this and be ingrates!

It is good she is willing to contest now. She needs to take charge of delhi and make it easier for NM at the centre. Plus kujliwal needs to be outed from his delhi MLA seat now. Mission Delhi is on!
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

yes. Just like Khujli baba decided to contest against wherever ShielaDixit or Modi contested, the favor should be returned. Kiran Bedi should contest from wherever Khujli stands. Defeat him and brek his party. Time has come to destroy Khujli and the gang completely. Also simultaneously go after the funding agencies of Jhujli Baba and make him run to courts for several years to come.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Gloating OT alert:

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... u#p1441421

| 17 Apr 2013 04:30 am |
Dhananjay wrote:
Sushupti wrote:Siddhartnath Singh, on timesnow, says an internal survey by BJP gives the party 40+ seats in UP. Tend to agree with that assessment with NaMo at forefront
This is very true, I have few friends in Meerut - Moradabad belt brahmins and vaishya castes, very involved in politics there. They are saying when Shri Mody comes to UP for campaign speech there will be a big surge towards bjp, in fact 90% votes of Tilak-Taraju-Talwar would go to bjp plus lots of BCs like kurmis as Shri Kalyan Singh is also back in bjp.

These people had predicted Mulayam's big comeback in last elections and came true. They are saying UC + some BCs have been waiting to vote for bjp last many years as when the new leader arrives filling the vaccum of Shri Vajpayee.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... u#p1609970
|16 Mar 2014 03:38 am|
Dhananjay wrote:Devesh ji, this state holds more Loksabha seats than both Bihar & Gujarat put together.

Plus the local kshatrabh mullayam is super weak, and Tilak-Taraju-Talwar are hungry to vote for nationalist party again. Ever since kalyan singh ouster they are forced to tactically vote either bsp or sp, whosover's leher is there.

With NaMo fighting from UP will energise Tilak-Taraju-Talwar plus Kurmi votes like anything.
Man how ahead of curve Dhananjay was! 8)
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

ramana wrote: Suraj, Have from a very, very reliable source that Modi travelled to many states while still a CM and picked and chose IAS officers since four years.
And these are not even Gujarat cadre.
It is very easy to pick the good ones. Talk to a couple of secretaries and they will give you names. Look at the number of transfers and punishment postings, and there's your guy.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Gus! good one. that needs to change now.. tweet that to @narendramodi
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

While we are celebrating, let us not forget the nervousness of May 15th-16th. The major reason for this was the projected role of EVMs. Even a person of S. Swamy's caliber had predicted 28-30 seat fraud.Both in MH and WB a total of 10-15 seats were lost because of voter roll fraud and booth capturing respectively. To stop this, 10 Sampath needs to be replaced by someone like Ashok Khemka. We need to clean up the EC and have paper trails and plan for paramilitary to avoid booth capturing. EC reforms are a must to have a successful democracy.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Regarding IAS/IPS, in AP if TDP comes to power then state otherwise center. No way to work under Jagan. This was the preference.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Regarding collection of data,
someone who has a detailed constituency wise data posted the following:

Code: Select all

Constituency	Total Votes	AAP Votes	AAP/TOTAL	AAP>TOTAL/6
Maharashtra - Ahmadnagar	1,054,845.00	7,120.00	0.67%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Akola	979,758.00	8,076.00	0.82%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Amravati	1,006,128.00	6,424.00	0.64%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Aurangabad	980,700.00	11,974.00	1.22%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Baramati	1,058,712.00	26,396.00	2.49%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Beed	1,244,095.00	4,283.00	0.34%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Bhandara - gondiya	1,195,487.00	8,647.00	0.72%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Bhiwandi	870,326.00	11,055.00	1.27%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Buldhana	977,391.00	3,429.00	0.35%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Chandrapur	1,112,032.00	204,413.00	18.38%	TRUE
Maharashtra - Dhule	988,837.00	9,339.00	0.94%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Dindori	961,788.00	4,067.00	0.42%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Gadchiroli-Chimur	1,038,026.00	45,458.00	4.38%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Hatkanangle	1,178,812.00	9,015.00	0.76%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Hingoli	1,058,116.00	3,729.00	0.35%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Jalgaon	990,171.00	7,390.00	0.75%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Jalna	1,065,399.00	4,622.00	0.43%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Kalyan	819,139.00	20,347.00	2.48%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Kolhapur	1,262,459.00	5,495.00	0.44%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Latur	1,050,175.00	9,829.00	0.94%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Madha	1,089,406.00	7,160.00	0.66%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Maval	1,167,358.00	30,566.00	2.62%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Mumbai South	782,328.00	40,388.00	5.16%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Mumbai North	947,377.00	32,364.00	3.42%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Mumbai North central	847,113.00	34,824.00	4.11%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Mumbai North East	861,584.00	76,451.00	8.87%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Mumbai North West	891,622.00	51,860.00	5.82%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Mumbai South central	770,489.00	27,715.00	3.60%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Nagpur	1,091,178.00	69,081.00	6.33%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Nanded	1,013,655.00	3,397.00	0.34%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Nandurbar	1,098,653.00	3,511.00	0.32%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Nashik	949,667.00	9,672.00	1.02%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Osmanabad	1,122,454.00	4,240.00	0.38%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Palghar	975,434.00	16,182.00	1.66%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Parbhani	1,166,528.00	4,449.00	0.38%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Pune	1,004,338.00	28,657.00	2.85%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Raigad	973,842.00	6,759.00	0.69%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Ramtek	1,065,862.00	25,889.00	2.43%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Ratnagiri - sindhudurg	883,863.00	12,700.00	1.44%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Raver	1,017,394.00	3,756.00	0.37%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Sangli	1,044,761.00	4,699.00	0.45%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Satara	972,202.00	82,489.00	8.48%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Shirdi	933,355.00	11,580.00	1.24%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Shirur	1,087,390.00	16,663.00	1.53%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Solapur	949,418.00	9,261.00	0.98%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Thane	1,054,793.00	41,535.00	3.94%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Wardha	1,023,276.00	15,738.00	1.54%	FALSE
Maharashtra - Yavatmal-Washim	1,030,709.00	6,423.00	0.62%	FALSE
http://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/ ... n_aap_got/

It can be gathered online, all they have to do is write a VBA crawler in Excel for it. Simple httpgetrequest, and some parsing of the httpresponse. Hope that helps the dudes. Seems like an enthusiastic bunch.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

AND IT HAS HAPPENED!!

http://www.abplive.in/india/2014/05/21/ ... 3wyw9KSyOs

KIRAN BEDI IS READY TO BECOME DELHI CM! CAMPAIGNING SHOULD BEGIN IMMEDIATELY AND HELP HER HELP BJP AND ALL NATIONALISTS OUT SICKULAR KUJLIWALA.

Sorry for caps! Just excited at the good times ahead.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

I do not think that Kiran Bedi should be made BJP CM candidate. I believe harshvardhan would be much better bet.

Making her now is an insult to all those who worked through decades under the BJP flag. Sorry, IAS/IPS does not confer any one with wings.
NikhilB
BRFite

Post by NikhilB »

ramana wrote:
gandharva wrote:Image

Agree. I am admirer of Kiran Bedi but she did not show spine when needed. People like VK Singh, Satpal Singh put themselves at risk. Now Kiran Bedi is behaving slightly like opportunist.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Also she may turn secular when push comes to shove. Especially if there comes a situation where her worthiness will go up as a person who went over to the dark side and came out.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

While I'd not call K.Bedi an opportunist as she did support Modi openly before the LS elections and run down Kejri as well, but still she should not be CM. It will be unfair to all those who toiled hard in the summer heat for a NaMo victory, instead of just twitter and TV support.

How about Smriti Irani? She decimated Kumar Vishwas in Amethi & has a very good image.
nagesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nagesh »

Deleted...posted twice
Last edited by nagesh on 22 May 2014 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Good news. KB as CM candidate will help BJP sweep Delhi as a lot of fence-sitters who voted for AAP (including some family members of mine) are going to vote for her due to image. The rest of Delhi BJP is not very good. HV can be accommodated as health minister in center.