Telugu States' News and Discussion

Dasari
BRFite

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by Dasari »

Telangana CM KCR ahead of Aamir Khan in popular choice poll
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao is currently ahead of actor Aamir Khan, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, the Indian Army and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team in the ‘Popular Choice’ category of the Indian of The Year — 2014 awards, with 18 per cent more votes.

The Popular Choice category was introduced in the 19th edition of the Indian Of The Year awards. Mr Rao, who is currently ranked second in the race, was chosen from 35 nominees across six categories based on votes received from the public through the channel’s Facebook page.

Ironically, Aamir with a huge fan following and 114,175 “likes” on Facebook, and Microsoft CEO Mr Na-della are currently beh-ind Mr Rao, which came as a surprise to the channel also.

The fifth position is presently occupied by Mr Nadella, fourth by the Indian Army and the National Response Force for their stellar work in last year’s Srinagar floods. In third position is Aamir. Mr Rao at No. 2 has 18 per cent more votes than Aamir.

The fact that Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao ranking above actor Aamir Khan came as a suprise to the channel CNN-IBN, who is conducting The Indian of the Year awards. The current leader of the table is IPS officer P. Vijayan (1999 batch) who is Deputy Inspector General of Police (intelligence) of Kerala.

He has been district police chief of several districts and holds the distinction of being the first to have served as Commissioner of Police in all four Commissionerates in the state, viz. Thiruvananthapuram (4), Kozhikode, Thrissur and Kochi. The CNN-IBN Indian of the Year is presented annually to various Indians for their work in their respective fields. The awards are presented in various categories of Politics, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Public Service and Global Indian.
His star is continuing..amazing run.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What do you all think of the legacy of late P. Janardhan Reddy (PJR) ?
member_28674
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28674 »

WHO ARE YOU? THE STORY OF MUSLIMS IN RURAL COASTAL ANDHRA

Link : http://muslimmatters.org/2015/01/16/who ... al-andhra/

Wtf?
We were ushered into the home by its owner, an RMP doctor called Sai Basha. The gate pillar has an image of Ganesha embedded in it. As we walk into the home, we see pictures of Hindu gods and goddesses on almost every wall. There is also a picture of Christian icons of Jesus and Mary. Then we are ushered into the inner most room which houses a small temple with all the material for pooja arrayed before some more pictures of Hindu gods in the center of which is an idol of Venkateshwara (the presiding deity in Tirupati).

In the middle of all this profusion of those who are not worthy of worship is a picture of Al Haram Al Makki, Al masjid An Nabawi and of the Dargah in Ajmer. The thought that came into my mind was, 'Here is a guy who is covering all the bases.' But then we had been told that this was a Muslim home!! So what happened??

The answer as I learnt from many conversations is that nothing happened. This is the result of sheer neglect over at least two generations. These Muslims of coastal Andhra live in a place that was the boundary of the old Nizam's State of Hyderabad and Madras Presidency which was ruled by the British. They speak only Telugu and they have almost no contact with the Ulama in either Hyderabad or in Madras (now Chennai). So gradually they took to the ways of the local leaders who are all Hindu. The interesting thing is that all this happened entirely voluntarily and almost unconsciously.

Someone brought in an idol saying that it brings good luck and nobody had the knowledge or the ability to contradict this and so it remained. Then came another and another. Local festivals were celebrated together with the Hindu neighbors where the celebration included visiting the temple. So the Muslims did that, even though they were never allowed inside the temple.

They accepted their lower status as most people of rural India accept almost everything that comes their way. Nobody actually converted them to Hinduism. They just started taking to the ways of Hinduism and worshiping Hindu gods.

So what about Islam? We asked Mr. Sai Basha (interestingly his name is based on Sai Baba because they see him as divine) if he prayed salah. He said he did not know how to pray. He said that he goes to the Eid Gah once a year in Ramadan on Eid-ul-Fitr day. What does he do when he stands behind the imam? Nothing.

Does he know the Kalima?

What is that?

La ilaaha illAllahu Muhammadur Rasoolullahi.

No, he does not.

Is he willing to recite it now?

Yes, he is.

Does he accept that only Allah is worthy of worship because Allah
created him and us and sustains us and that Muhammad is the Rasool of Allah?

Yes, he is.

Now hold your breath: Is he willing to take down all the pictures of gods and goddesses and the idol and all the pooja paraphernalia and remove them from his home?

Yes, he is.

Is he willing to learn to pray and to practice Islam?

Yes he is. “We are Muslims Saar”, he tell us.

So why did he never pray and why did he allow all these idols and pictures into his home and why did he worship them?

“Nobody told us that it is wrong”, he says. “Our parents did it and so we do it.”

Some things never change, do they? The same excuse that the people gave Rasoolullah 1400 years ago, the religion of our forefathers. But with one difference, it was a huge struggle for Rasoolullah to make them change. But with these people, all that we needed to do was to ask them once, to take out all the articles of shirk and they did it. A measure of how Allah helps the weak; people like us who would run away if we faced the smallest opposition.

So what next?

Well, we intend to build a masjid in your village, if you agree, so that there will be an imam who can teach you how to pray and can educate you and your children about the basics of Islam.

What do you need?

We need some land to build the masjid.

“Here is the land”, he says as he takes us to a plot by the roadside. He calls the owners, two brothers, also like him with Hindu sounding names. We explain to them what we intend to do with the land and that we will be happy to pay them for it. They refuse to sell the land.

Because they insist on giving it free of cost.

How many such Muslims in this village? 100 families; maybe more than 500 individuals. How many more like them? Many thousands. All Muslims who know nothing about Islam and who worship idols. All people who are willing to change, revert to Islam and start worshiping Allah if someone can show them how. People who simply need to be taught. People who are more than willing to learn. People in whose hearts there is not an iota of resistance. People who just simply don't know because we were all too busy to tell them. People who left Islam simply because their brother Muslims couldn't care less.

By now my hands and feet are cold. My heart is beating like it intends to tear itself out of my body and run away. My eyes don't stop watering – am I crying?? I don't know.

The question comes into my mind, “What will happen to these people if they die like this, in this state?”

The answer shatters my mind like lightning, “It is not what will happen to them, it is what will happen to you.”

What does a masjid (including the salary of an imam for two years) cost?
Rs.3 laks

That's $6000.

What does a palace in Jannah cost?

What will be the cost when Allah asks, “What did you do?”
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

CBN is in Delhi. He is asking for tax brakes etc promised by MMS and BJP during discussion on the division of the state. On Tv today BJP leaders were finding difficult to explain why the same are not given till date. Jagan and other Con Mafia people are making an issue of the same. Unless this perception is stopped now if self in AP Mafia gangs will once again become strong there. BJP should stop depending on rootless Telugu leaders like Vekayya and start listening to their local district level leaders who are with the party from the start.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Maybe they should go with mafia leaders.....
Where is the money to give?

MMS promised the moon as he had no intention of fulfilling it.
CBN is lucky to get elected as he did contribute to the mess by losing due to his arrogance.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The problem is the role BJP in the form of SS played in the division. Her over action is well recorded. NM also promised that "he will abandon AP like Congress did". So for BJP did nothing. If it needs to grow in AP it needs to do some good work. Not actually spend money. Give permissions etc for some Port projects; give permissions to some new tech universities etc. Announce some central universities.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

What has been the recovery in Vizag after Hudhud? Navy too had lost some communication towers.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana garu:

I am going to put some links to Telugu literature and criticism starting with the following. Since this thread seems to be more current affairs oriented, please let me know if I need to move it to another thread (and possibly the thread name). I will put more stuff there.

Telugu Literature

I also have a question for Telugu lit connoisseurs:

At one point I remember checking out from our local Univ. Library a book called "sweeya charitra" by pAnuganTi lakshmI narasimham (sweeya charitra is literally self history, i.e. autobiography). From my grand mom's side, we have relations who have pAnuganTi family name. I read only the first few pages but then did not have enough time to finish the book. There are some interesting migrations patterns he talks about starting with the opening statement that his ancestors are telagANya brahmaNa who migrated along gOdAvari river. As many of you might already know, he was a resident of rAjamahEndravaramu. Was he also in the court of piThApuram mahAraja?

Has anybody seen this book? I had no luck with Google search. Please tell me that there is such a book. Otherwise I have to hope that I am not suffering from early onset Alzheimers' :shock: TIA
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Not able to keep the promises made by the BJP during the decision of AP will be a major issue in Andhra. This will erode whatever credibility BJP is trying to build in Andhra.

Special Status Out, Sujana Says Package is Better for Andhra
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Shocking Telugu film veteran ace actor,comedian,villain Kota Srinivas Rao has just now got Padma Sri.Atleast now his talent got recognized
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

matrimc,
V Narayana Rao has written a book on Telugu poets. I have the pdf.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I liked both the R-Day floats from AP and Telangana.

Good to remind people of Ammavaru.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Prof. Velcheru Narayana Rao, right? I have not read any by him but going by the vita posted at UChicago/Emory, seems to be a genuine scholar. So in this case (i.e. translation of manu charitramu by allasAni peddanna), it seems the correct person has been picked by R. Murty.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Read in Chindu that KCR dismissed one of his Dy CM for announcing things without running it by him. Could be more than meets the eye.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

matrimc wrote:Prof. Velcheru Narayana Rao, right? I have not read any by him but going by the vita posted at UChicago/Emory, seems to be a genuine scholar. So in this case (i.e. translation of manu charitramu by allasAni peddanna), it seems the correct person has been picked by R. Murty.

I have some of his works. He kind of uses literal translation and loses the original intent.

I have his translation of Pingali Suranna's poetry.

Manu Charitramu is complex work by Peddanna.

Lets hope for best.

Is there a full list of books chosen and the translators?

There are good experts in India who can do the same job. Why they have to be US based? its not like Rohan's wealth was created from US except in around about way.

BTW know one person who was administering his mother's charity funds.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana wrote:Read in Chindu that KCR dismissed one of his Dy CM for announcing things without running it by him. Could be more than meets the eye.
Isn't one of them an MIM MLA?
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

Andhra Pradesh special status: Nine months, no delivery
Hyderabad: Nine months have elapsed but Andhra Pradesh, crisis-ridden on all fronts especially on financial grounds, is on the brink of disaster as the Centre’s promise to deliver all possible help is yet to meterialise.

There has been a feeling of being let down by the BJP and since the ruling TD is its political ally in the state, it is unable to defend itself publicly for not getting the promised financial package.

The political drama that unfolded inside Parliament is still fresh in public memory. Following ruckus in Lok Sabha, the Centre included some points in the Reorganisation Bill including that of Special Category Status.

During the course of debate in Rajya Sabha, the then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had assured both Special Category Status as well as Industrial incentives. M. Venkaiah Naidu, who played a key role in the discussion, demanded it be made to 10 years (instead of five years) and went on to say that if BJP came to power, he would see to it that the SCS was extended to 10 years. Now, after becoming Union minister, he has ruled out SCS for AP saying that the Centre’s financial position is worse.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

ramana wrote:Read in Chindu that KCR dismissed one of his Dy CM for announcing things without running it by him. Could be more than meets the eye.
ramana garu
He dismissed Thatikonda Rajiah citing corruption charges. The swift manner it was done has rised lot of suspicions. the time between when he was informed of the decision to suspend and a new Dy Chief Minister was sworn in is merely few hours. Infact he was attending a marriage on Sunday morning when he was informed that he was fired. Withing couple of hours KCR along with Kadiam SriHari went to Governor residence and he got sworn in.
Thatikonda Rajiah is a Doctor by qualification and was handling Health portfolio along with Dy CM. On paper the allegations are of financial irregularities and not informing KCR of important decisions. I dont believe this is the case.
Rajiah is a Dalit Christian(Converted Madiga). His entire education was sponsored by Church. His wife is more vocal in conversion activities along with her brothers. He has placed a number of active EJs in key positions in Health care. They also own a number of NGOs diverting funds for conversions. Their name will be on a number of FCRA requests monitored by IB.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So some cleanup is going on all over desh.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Thatikonda is an Arya viashya surname, AFAIK.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Jagan doing Ghar Wapasi?

Of late, he has been visiting a lot temples and ashrams much to the surprise of those in political circles. Recently, when he was touring Vizag, he visited Sarada Peetham and even took part in the ‘aavirbhava pooja’ there. He also performed special pujas along with the Peetham’s main guru Swaroopanandendra. Later, he went to Simhachalam and paid respects to Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy. There, he took part in the special puja where a piece of cloth is tied to the dhwaja sthambam.

As far as I can tell, there are no elections anywhere near. I fail to understand the plan here. Muppala garu perhaps has better view on what his play here?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

matrimc wrote:Thatikonda is an Arya viashya surname, AFAIK.
Rajayya is SC and EJ to the boot. One of the Sonia loyalist who jumped ship to TRS. Kadiyam Sri Hari is another TDP/Con Mafia/Own party jumper. I am not sure if he is EJ.

Ramana sir, I am in Telugu lands now and will be back next week at Mumbai. Will post a detailed post. Lot of things to write on CBN, Telugu people etc. Limited visit to places due to health of mother who is seriously sick after braking her leg.

Jagan doing Gharwapsi is rubbish. He is too deep into EJ activities. I do not see him changing. Going Cripto seems to be the game. Just deflect attention to his EJ activities. YSR also used to visit temples etc. Jagan advised to do this before also and refused this drama earlier. Not doing it to regain any loss due to EJ stamp. Cheating activity.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

ramana wrote:So some cleanup is going on all over desh.
It seems TRS will be joining NDA before budget session (TRS is waiting for Delhi election results).
http://kommineni.info/articles/dailyart ... 0129_7.php
and this
http://kommineni.info/articles/dailyart ... 2510732552
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I am not so sure of it. Nizam bukth votes will be lost to TRS. Further BJP wants to grow in TG and may not be so keen on TRS in NDA. It will be helpful to RS voting etc if TRS joins.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

YSR offers prayers at Tirumala

Missionary agenda of YSR CM of Andhra Pradesh: From the Horse's Mouth
The following is the summary of the data from that sheet:

1. The GO portal is active only from February 2008, hence the data given is only of 1 year (ie., Feb 2008 to Jan 2009). Note that although vast, it is by no means comprehensive (ie., I have shown Govt 263.07 lakhs to Christian institutions. This amount is the minimum spent on them, not the maximum).

2. But even for a single year, an amount of 263.07 lakhs was given as aid to various Christian institutions.

3. More than 258 churches benefited from these grants for construction/renovation of churches.

4. An amount of 1316.54 lakhs was given as aid to various Muslim institutions through Wakf boards.

5. Not a single GO granting any aid to a Hindu temple can be found. This in spite of the fact that in AP, the Hindu temples are managed by the Endowments Ministry (put it simply they take all the money which the temples generate).

6. Govt takes away all the money which Hindu temples generate, but do not grant a single penny to any of its temples. It does not touch the money from Christian and Muslim institutions, but grants them huge amounts of money.

devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Rajiah's dismissal might actually be the Islamic/Ashraf/Gulf marking their territory. basically warning their brother Abrahamics, that TG is off limits to them.
TRS/KCR is merely the means to dishing out this threat/warning. this might intensify EJ focus on AP. this is classic Abrahamic "division of spoils". one branch staking out TG, while the other going with AP.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Entire plan in Telugu lands seems to be EJ in AP and Razakars in TG with Bobbuli Dora and CBN playing local satraps for the MQ game plan. I visited AP ( and TN) for 9 days and will be posting a detailed post with my observations today or tomorrow. I seriously fear what I have seen in AP. Even NM and AS may fail to clean up the mess. I hope I am proved wrong soon.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

For the record
Remove restriction on religious freedom: Church asks Telangana
“His noteworthy services won for him many laurels including several national and international awards,” said Archbishop Bala, head of the Church spread over the two states.
Rajaiah, a successful medical doctor specializing on children, was elected third time as the Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Station Ghanpur constituency. Rao also appointed as health minister.

The doctor was always in forefront for the fight for Telangana and was the first Congress legislator to resign for the same cause. That gesture earned him the name “Telangana Rajaiah.”
The deputy chief minister hails from a Dalit Christian community. The archbishop noted that Catholic Church in Warangal, especially late legendary Italian missionary Paris Mission Father A. Colombo was behind Rajaiah’s success.
Also see the list of demands by the Church as per the report.

However, the same people will protest ghar-wapasi only as disputed. And then there is Barak Obama promoting religious tolerance, or passage of bill for division of AP in the Parliament when TV link was switched off.

Also remember how CBN was doing dharna in Hydrabad House in delhi and our secular media gave that complete miss.

Most shocking aspect is how two minorities could do this when claiming to be secular and minorities only, while having support base in 'international' countries only.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Yagnasri wrote:
matrimc wrote:Thatikonda is an Arya viashya surname, AFAIK.
Rajayya is SC and EJ to the boot. One of the Sonia loyalist who jumped ship to TRS. Kadiyam Sri Hari is another TDP/Con Mafia/Own party jumper. I am not sure if he is EJ.

Ramana sir, I am in Telugu lands now and will be back next week at Mumbai. Will post a detailed post. Lot of things to write on CBN, Telugu people etc. Limited visit to places due to health of mother who is seriously sick after braking her leg.

Jagan doing Gharwapsi is rubbish. He is too deep into EJ activities. I do not see him changing. Going Cripto seems to be the game. Just deflect attention to his EJ activities. YSR also used to visit temples etc. Jagan advised to do this before also and refused this drama earlier. Not doing it to regain any loss due to EJ stamp. Cheating activity.
I just came back to Massaland after 2 months in Andhra and Telangana. I am actually from Coastal Andhra a village called Salur, My parents stay ion Vizag, My impressions

1. Telangana has much less EJ activity compared to Andhra.
2. Andhra has huge EJ activity- Too many churches, There are huge crosses across all the mountains in Visakhapatnam. Now Conversions have leveled of as getting more "gorralu" (goats) is becoming difficult.

I went on a drive from Rajahmundry to Nidadavolu (Godavari districts) there are more churches than temples on the side of road by the beautiful Godavari canals

But there is some local backlash also building up. People are also talking of bad things in church. There is also a lot of activity in and out of church. Some people are converting and then coming back. The free food on sundays at church stops for 2 weeks, 10% will move back to Hinduism

But EJ's have built up a strong follower base in poorer section who are donating upto 50% of the hard earned money to their churches.

3. A new Mormon church :evil: :evil: is coming to Vizag. I have pictures of the office. It is about to open in drawakanagar near HDFC bank. Even normal Christians feel that Mormons are not Christians.

4. Now the conversions have become very simple. For Ex: The servant lady's family in my parents home is a devout Devi bhakt and her husband wears Ayappa mala every year, Her sister-in-law converted and she is now influencing her that if she converts everything will be great and she will become rich. My mom convinced her to not convert.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

vishvak wrote:RamaY ji, another point is that Jagan's party fellows fully supported breakup of AP, only to resign later. So the alleged seculars worked together and parted ways once it was achieved.
I am glad this awareness is sinking in.

I do not know what YSJ's fortunes would have been in United AP, but I am glad both talli/pilla congress got decimated in telugu lands.

The sad part is, the ground reality is so bad (I disagree with Muppala garu here) that both CBN and KCR had to pretend to be more secular than seculars.

The other day I saw a psyops by YSJ by meeting with Swami Swaroopananda on YSJ-tabloid ThatsTelugu.com. I hope people arent so foolish to fall for these theatrics.

The root cause of all these things is careful and systemic destruction of Indic networks in AP (and Bharat). But we cant even discuss these internal security issues for they are termed as politics/religion. Very sad :( situation of our thought leadership onlee.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Go easy on KCR. He is navigating croc infested waters.
All will be will in the end.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

bhavani wrote:
I just came back to Massaland after 2 months in Andhra and Telangana. I am actually from Coastal Andhra a village called Salur, My parents stay ion Vizag, My impressions

1. Telangana has much less EJ activity compared to Andhra.
2. Andhra has huge EJ activity- Too many churches, There are huge crosses across all the mountains in Visakhapatnam. Now Conversions have leveled of as getting more "gorralu" (goats) is becoming difficult.

I went on a drive from Rajahmundry to Nidadavolu (Godavari districts) there are more churches than temples on the side of road by the beautiful Godavari canals

But there is some local backlash also building up. People are also talking of bad things in church. There is also a lot of activity in and out of church. Some people are converting and then coming back. The free food on sundays at church stops for 2 weeks, 10% will move back to Hinduism

But EJ's have built up a strong follower base in poorer section who are donating upto 50% of the hard earned money to their churches.

3. A new Mormon church :evil: :evil: is coming to Vizag. I have pictures of the office. It is about to open in drawakanagar near HDFC bank. Even normal Christians feel that Mormons are not Christians.

4. Now the conversions have become very simple. For Ex: The servant lady's family in my parents home is a devout Devi bhakt and her husband wears Ayappa mala every year, Her sister-in-law converted and she is now influencing her that if she converts everything will be great and she will become rich. My mom convinced her to not convert.
I have also been to India (Telangana) this last December. I concur with you about EJ activity being low in Telangana. And I can see new temples coming up and existing ones being upgraded in the villages. With the land rates increasing and with people moving to cities, they have much more disposable income now. First the first time in years, they have established a Boddu Rayi in my Mom's village and every body including those settled in the cities, came and contributed heavily. But I have been only to Nalgonda and Nizamabad. I think tide is turning against EJ activity as people are getting more knowledgeable about them.
The only sad part villages getting stripped of youth. It's mostly only elderly who are living and managing the lands. Though mechanization is helping them a bit.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Matrimc, RamaY, ShyamSP & Muppalla garus

Try to read these and comment

Modern Telugu Short Stories by Venchasa
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana garu: I will do so. I know manjusri, i.e. Dr. Akkiraju Ramapatirao. Do you? I have not heard of venchasa before this though.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Pleasse do read and comment.

Thanks,
ramana

Any other telugu readers please do take a look.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Looks like Center is not fulfilling the separation bill items. This may lead to TDP to quit and launch war against Center. if BJP fails in Delhi elections more battles are to come for BJP.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 160472.cms
"Give us a list of key structures that need to be constructed in the new capital. We will give funds for the same. A blanket release of Rs 20,000 crore as asked for by AP is not possible in view of the financial crunch," the Centre reportedly informed the state. AP has made such a request last week stating that it urgently required Rs 20,000 crore by the end of the current financial year as it wants to perform the 'bhoomi puja' in June this year.

AP officials viewed this as another setback as the Centre had last week announced a meagre assistance of Rs 500 crore to bridge the resource gap and another Rs 350 crore as special development fund for seven backward districts. The CM spoke to Union finance minister Arun Jaitley and sought more funds. "However, assurances were given, but what we have received so far is more bad news in the form of rejection of the Rs 20,000 crore we sought for the capital construction," sources told TOI.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

BJP should not have made any promises etc during division of AP. Once it is done then there is no option but to face the allegations of betrail. People of AP will be forced to go away from Indic fold with Jagan and EJ gang getting powerful due to the failure to full fill the promises made by Venkayya and even NM. Agitations by BJP people may be there to follow. Tragic.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Modi gaaru 6 months ago became Bodi gaadu. :rotfl:
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

There was a serious feeling that they were abandoned by AP. This was stopped by NM promise that "he will not abandone them". But now no money no tax benifits, no Polavaram funding etc till date. At least tax benifits could have been given. I do not see any reason for promising and not giving tax benifits. Now BJP leaders whith whom I have spoken feels that they have no one to hear them in national leadership and NM also not doing anything to AP. This is the feeling of the BJP, RSS people in AP. They are totally dejected. CBN knows the BJP may emarge as a rival soon and is trying to backstab BJP now once again. If nothing is given to AP at least in the form of Tax benifit etc then losting AP in 2019 and for a long long time to come is certain.

More tragic will be EJ coming to power in AP. Already CBN is singing EJ songs. But BJP leadership in Delhi is not caring. May be lesson of Delhi elections will act as a kick in the a** for them.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

There is no money in the Centre. if Congress had come to pwoer all these folks would just chin up and bear it. As for local BJP in AP or TS they are both B teams for whoever rules. Eg. BJP(TS) is TRS B team and same with BJP (AP) which is TDP shadow.

If BJP (TS) doesn't shape up, its INC and TDP that will challenge TRS.

If Telugus on both states don't see what is good for them which is self help, they will be another Delhi type situation. What they need is stability and non-interference.
Already with petrol price hike the states can raise a good amount of tax.