Telugu States' News and Discussion

Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by Lilo »

@TrueIndology
Already, 81% of Muslims in Telangana enjoy OBC reservations. Now , Muslims enjoy 25% OBC quota as well as 12% minority quota https://twitter.com/TrueIndology/status ... 1912644608

@TrueIndology
The Muslim community in Telangana is an Urban Population, has a higher literacy rate compared to Hindus. How is 12% reservation justified? https://twitter.com/TrueIndology/status ... 5857563648

@TrueIndology
Govt introduces house reservation for Muslims in Urban areas. If you want to work only for Muslims, kindly do not collect taxes from Hindus https://twitter.com/TrueIndology/status ... 5597869056
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Karthik S wrote:
kiranA wrote: Brahmins may rent their independent houses/flats to any but I rarely hear them renting part of their own houses to hindu meat eaters forget beef eating christians.
You are still at it are you? BTW I know of few brahmins home owners who'd like to disagree with your statement.
What is wrong in brahmins, or for that matter anyone to rent their properties to people of their choice?
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

SwamyG wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
You are still at it are you? BTW I know of few brahmins home owners who'd like to disagree with your statement.
What is wrong in brahmins, or for that matter anyone to rent their properties to people of their choice?
You cant really have a modern nation with all this caste pettiness.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SwamyG wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
I agree with you entirely.

It's your personal property and you could rent to camels if you wanted or not.

No pseudo social niceties of any sort of sickular pressure should apply.

If some group or bunch cannot rent because of their notorious religious belligerence or insistence on following aggressive cultural behavioral patterns unacceptable to the owner of the house, the said bunch should go where they will be accommodated and not insist on being where they are nor welcome.

most house owners have invested their life savings in the house and should not be forced into doing anything that goes against their interests. perceived or not, accepatable to peers or not.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

chetak wrote:
SwamyG wrote: What is wrong in brahmins, or for that matter anyone to rent their properties to people of their choice?

If some group or bunch cannot rent because of their notorious religious belligerence or insistence on following aggressive cultural behavioral patterns unacceptable to the owner of the house, the said bunch should go where they will be accommodated and not insist on being where they are nor welcome.

most house owners have invested their life savings in the house and should not be forced into doing anything that goes against their interests. perceived or not, accepatable to peers or not.
Well they can live with camles if they want but when they rent they are entering in to commerce and profit from the surrounding society. And rules of commerce apply - no discrimination.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

It is beyond comprehension that one would not have the personal freedom that can be exercised on ones personal property.

What pettiness? If one does not want somebody to be cutting animals in their property then it is their right. Even in the advanced modern America there are Dos and Donts. What if it is based on food choices?
Aarvee
BRFite

Post by Aarvee »

kiranA wrote: Well they can live with camles if they want but when they rent they are entering in to commerce and profit from the surrounding society. And rules of commerce apply - no discrimination.
So, the landlords should have freedom to pick and choose to whom they rent their properties and not be vilified in doing so.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kiranA wrote:
chetak wrote:

Well they can live with camles if they want but when they rent they are entering in to commerce and profit from the surrounding society. And rules of commerce apply - no discrimination.

My neighbors and housing society are very very particular about who they associate with. For "no discrimination commerce" I will not risk ostracization just to accommodate some joker of a sickular.

Govt rules be damned ( AFAIK, none exist at this point in time and even if they do...........!!! ), commerce and sickular society also be damned.

My property, my rules. veg/nonveg, short/tall, cut/nocut, abrahamic/nonabrahamic are rigidly enforced by all.

Just have to read the ads in any bombay newspaper to discover how many sickulars don't want to live with Hindus. This is just an example. Any property broker in any city, town will give you chapter and verse.

ceding control of ones property to forcibly cater to "nondiscrimination commerce" is a filthy commie/naxal idea and should be stamped out mercilessly.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

No non discrimination in business including rental is not a filthy commie idea but basic human decency. It is also law of the land by the way. But when did that ever bother some people.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:No non discrimination in business including rental is not a filthy commie idea but basic human decency. It is also law of the land by the way. But when did that ever bother some people.
I disagree. Its the owner's right to decide whomever he wants to or not to rent. Nobody can force it on him. Your reference to commerce and market dynamics is not true and is not applicable in this situation. The landlord can hold on to his property and be as choosy as he wants as long as he does not care whether his property is sitting idle or not. So if he is in a locality where most of the tenant options he is getting are from his undesirable options list, he can either chose to rent for the sake or promise or he can chose not too. In this case the Market dynamics dictate that as he does not chose to rent he will incur loss and on contrary if he rents out, he can make some profit. Market dynamics ends there. Market dynamics itself cannot force him to incur profit or loss, that is his individual choice and nobody can take away from him. The analogy you gave is very similar to a rowdy trying to grab a land he is interested even though the owner does not sell. Open market principle does not agree with that.
De facto that's what will happen. But explicitly discriminating on religious and caste basis illegal. He certainly has no right to openly discriminate on those basis . You need to hide it or do it informally.

And as you do it please atleast don't boast it in public forums. Nothing to be proud about it .
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

I am not contesting that discrimination happens on all sides . But that still does not make it a right for anyone and still remains illegal. And atleast from the morals I follow it is repugnant. It could be different for your morals though.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Let's fix problems being faced by 80% of people before thinking of 3%. Also note that poster initially did not use the word Hindu he described the owner as Brahmin. I think you see the problem there itself.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Come on nukavarapu. You can't arrive at a solution if you are not even willing to see the reality . Hindu is also a Brahmin- yeah right.

I mean the thought behind it is admirable but that's obviously not the reality.

And also that sentiment was certainly not the intent of the original post .
Last edited by kiranA on 24 Apr 2017 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:
De facto that's what will happen. But explicitly discriminating on religious and caste basis illegal. He certainly has no right to openly discriminate on those basis . You need to hide it or do it informally.

And as you do it please atleast don't boast it in public forums. Nothing to be proud about it .
Discriminating on the caste basis for renting out properties and boasting it on public forums is the least of the problems Andhra is facing now. Also, in most of the cases the discrimination happens because both parties are at fault. Going by the above example, Brahmins do not rent out to xtians because of their meat eating habits and xtians do not morally feel the burden of not eating meat in the property by respecting the feelings of brahmin land lord.

Why don't you look this same argument on the other side, why would a xtian want to rent a property owned by Brahmin? I have seen that part many times too and in the exact way I described.
there are very many places where xtians and muslims do not rent or sell to the Hindus. This is neither highlighted nor is this issue ever taken up.

A great many buildings in Bandra are verboten for the Hindus.

Sauce for the goose and all that.

No matter who says what or follows which rabid ideology to buttress his views.

my property, my rules. The rest can simply bugger off.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:Come on nukavarapu. You can't arrive at a solution if you are not even willing to see the reality . Hindu is also a Brahmin- yeah right.
so basically you want me to just see your version of reality and accept for what it is? One thing I have noted and if I understand correctly is you are against casteism of anykind and at the sametime you are perfectly fine with the EJ conversion going on in the AP? Or is it that in your version of reality there is no EJ conversion going on?
My version of reality? For gods sake are all Hindus really Brahmins ? Is it how society out there functions? How do you expect to be taken seriously with such "beliefs".

I already talked about ej issue and how it needs to be solved.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:
My version of reality? For gods sake are all Hindus really Brahmins ? Is it how society out there functions? How do you expect to be taken seriously with such "beliefs".

I already talked about ej issue and how it needs to be solved.
You seem to be stuck. You should have read more carefully as I said in my personal opinion I don't see there is a difference between Hindus and Brahmins and I am well aware that in reality its not, and thats why we have the caste system problem. I did not enforce that opinion on everyone. My reference to your version of reality is about your belief that EJs are not an issue in AP. Because post after post you have strongly supported your view that EJism and conversion is not really an issue in AP. It seems you really have something personal against the Brahmins. But then that is your belief and not mine. I won't say I had a very good experience with them, but I have learnt in life that one should never stereotype a whole group, just because I had one bad experience with one of them. Also, its your prerogative whether you wish to take me seriously or not! If you don't want me take seriously, you can put me in ignore list and just stop replying to my posts.
Did you read my two posts on EJ ? You can be better than this nukavarpu. No need to be so defensive.

Do you really think I am bringing up Brahmins here ? Who bought in brahmin - was it not aarvee who made a mention of his caste when describing his problem . Was it not lilo before who made a song and dance of "hapless" Brahmins being attacked everywhere? Don't you have the rude mouthed karthik s railing about any unfavorable mention of Brahmins while keeping quiet otherwise.

As I said you can be better and focus on issues no need to take offense . Regarding your Hindu equals Brahmin. I wasn't stuck on it you just choose words poorly. But that's ok no offense.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Alert:Provocative post ahead.

It seems to me that after the advent of TDP,there are two themes in andhra politics.
1)The Congress view of pan indian polity with little control or direction at state level where things are left to local players or the local unit has to follow the formulaic policies of cong to benefit scs,minorities etc.
2)The TDP kamma centric view but still rooted in andhra desha and culture.

The Cong demon YSR was more parochial and corrupt than CBN.

I get the sense Liloji and OmkarC jis views are idealist brahminical worldviews not reflected at ground level polity.The kamma centric TDP view has the advantage it is not linked to a pan indian worldview and has greater freedom.
Aarvee
BRFite

Post by Aarvee »

@ KiranA

Not that I care, but I never mentioned my caste but that my family is vegetarian.

Dont you think it is strange that >80% of population has to bend over backwards all the time to accommodate the <20% but the <20% wouldnt ever budge a little and understand the sensitivities of the >80%. The moment the >80% starts speaking up, the issue becomes intolerance, Casteist policies etc.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

svenkat wrote:Alert:Provocative post ahead.

It seems to me that after the advent of TDP,there are two themes in andhra politics.
1)The Congress view of pan indian polity with little control or direction at state level where things are left to local players or the local unit has to follow the formulaic policies of cong to benefit scs,minorities etc.
2)The TDP kamma centric view but still rooted in andhra desha and culture.

The Cong demon YSR was more parochial and corrupt than CBN.

I get the sense Liloji and OmkarC jis views are idealist brahminical worldviews not reflected at ground level polity.The kamma centric TDP view has the advantage it is not linked to a pan indian worldview and has greater freedom.
not entirely true.

The congis overtly left the states to local players but covertly empowered minority interests much to the detriment of the majority. So much so that, as long as the high command got it's cut of the loot and it's minority interests were empowered much out of proportion to the prevailing demographics, the local satraps were freely allowed to get their grubby hands into the public pie.

It worked well in places like AP where people like YSR and his venal family prospered but later got too big for their boots because the empowered minorities made a grab for the power in ways that pissed off the majority and brought them under the scrutiny of the rest of the country and also succeeded in awakening forces which were hitherto in peaceful slumber.

this grab for power sidelined even the mafia gang and so great was the greed and intoxication for wealth when they saw the enormity of the opportunities that they could tap.

CBN is quiet because he is shit scared of Modi. One cannot make any compromise with a man whom one cannot even approach. no one controls the gateway to Modi's inner circle except Modi himself and he cannot even be approached because he has made himself inaccessible to such wheelers and dealers.

so imagine the shock of lootyens dilli and all the chief ministers as well as ministers who simply cannot access Modi as they wish because their credentials are not entertained. At all official functions/meetings, agenda is circulated well in advance, bouquets exchanged at the set times, agenda for the meeting is completed and the visitors are bunged out at the set time. They know that the very same treatment awaits the next visitor who will state his business, complete the agenda and no poetry or shayari is allowed to be bandied about.

There are also no cozy dinner invitations for two with the PM playing the solicitous host.

The most potent weapons that the brits left behind and the Indian's use with impunity are surprisingly enough a few questions which still leave deep wounds on the Indian psyche.

One valid and very potent question weapon deployed is “Sala, Tu jaanta nahi mera baap kaun hai"??

Try asking Modi this question or AS or even doval.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:
Did you read my two posts on EJ ? You can be better than this nukavarpu. No need to be so defensive.

Do you really think I am bringing up Brahmins here ? Who bought in brahmin - was it not aarvee who made a mention of his caste when describing his problem . Was it not lilo before who made a song and dance of "hapless" Brahmins being attacked everywhere? Don't you have the rude mouthed karthik s railing about any unfavorable mention of Brahmins while keeping quiet otherwise.

As I said you can be better and focus on issues no need to take offense . Regarding your Hindu equals Brahmin. I wasn't stuck on it you just choose words poorly. But that's ok no offense.
Contrary to your claim you are the one who has gone defensive. My tone is same and has not changed. Instead of diverting the question why don't you just answer this simple question. Do you agree EJism and conversion of Hindus to xtianity is a real problem in AP or not? I don't care about what other board members said and in reply what you said. I am asking you a straight question so give me a straight answer. I will just continue the discussion from there.
I didn't go defensive I was just trying to assuage some of the hurt you needlessly took and consequent irrational posts like trying to dig out of the hole you dig yourself with all Hindus being Brahmins by blaming me for not interpreting it in a weird way.

I made two clear posts on ej problem - yes it's a problem. Why don't you take it from there - I don't understand the problem.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

KiranA - I can understand the AP state division issue and how BJP let it happen.

1. SONIA system made sure they bribed/blackmailed top leadership of BJP. BJP had no policy to fight RTE or division. The end is disastrous.
2. We have to get past that. We now have a better BJP/RSS leadership.
3. Just supporting EJ conversions because Advani/SS screwed AP during division is cutting your branch out of spite.

Lets move forward. EJs in Devasthanam board is a NO NO
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

vijayk wrote:KiranA - I can understand the AP state division issue and how BJP let it happen.

1. SONIA system made sure they bribed/blackmailed top leadership of BJP. BJP had no policy to fight RTE or division. The end is disastrous.
3. Just supporting EJ conversions because Advani/SS screwed AP during division is cutting your branch out of spite.

How can you get past it becaused They changed their leaders for their convenience. Hyderabad represents the best efforts of some of the best andhra people and the prosperity that was generated there . You lost access to it and that's not a big deal but a thatched hut with a cross in some shanty is huge deal. People have weird priorities.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

What is CBN reaction to AP bifurcation? did he opposed it? No. He just said, both Andhra and Telangana are like two eyes (instead of one nose (united AP) that breaths and gives life) and acted like proverbial cat on the wall. He did not forcefully oppose bifurcation.

Hyderabad was second best for IT (after Bangalore). It has good climate, adequate water and huge human resource/pool catchment. Amaravathi (the artificial city) will never become an IT or employment hub. The whole Amaravathi has well laid Dubai/Singapore like planning. Where will lower class and middle class (drivers to road side food vendors) reside in that city? Can it become a hub by just catering some white collar employees and biz man?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

kiranA wrote:
vijayk wrote:KiranA - I can understand the AP state division issue and how BJP let it happen.

How can you get past it becaused They changed their leaders for their convenience. Hyderabad represents the best efforts of some of the best andhra people and the prosperity that was generated there . You lost access to it and that's not a big deal but a thatched hut with a cross in some shanty is huge deal. People have weird priorities.
They did not change their leaders. Karyakartas decided/forced them to change. If you can't understand simple fact, no one can help.

If you think you can't get past it, go and raise Irsih Republican Army clone and keep killing innocents/Modi/BJP/RSS leaders; work with ISI to bomb and destroy/kill all in Telangana; Work with EJs to convert all and occupy Tirupati hills. May be you will have that ultimate satisfaction.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

kmkraoind wrote:What is CBN reaction to AP bifurcation? did he opposed it? No. He just said, both Andhra and Telangana are like two eyes (instead of one nose (united AP) that breaths and gives life) and acted like proverbial cat on the wall. He did not forcefully oppose bifurcation.

Hyderabad was second best for IT (after Bangalore). It has good climate, adequate water and huge human resource/pool catchment. Amaravathi (the artificial city) will never become an IT or employment hub. The whole Amaravathi has well laid Dubai/Singapore like planning. Where will lower class and middle class (drivers to road side food vendors) reside in that city? Can it become a hub by just catering some white collar employees and biz man?
The argument what did CBN the man with any power then did is just rhetorical nonsense. The intent is to provide a dishonest cover to the people who actually exercised their power to do it . He couldn't oppose in some ways because the whole telangana nonsense was framed in such a way to brand tdp as kostha party and destroy it electorally in telangana- it was never clear then they will give telangana with mixed signals from ysr.

All cities are artificial and created by humans. Let's first have a well built city for gods sake you are already about who will benefit more. Let someone ben fit atleast. Without a well planned city andhra is nothing but agricultural land filled with mud farmers.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

vijayk wrote:
kiranA wrote:
They did not change their leaders. Karyakartas decided/forced them to change. If you can't understand simple fact, no one can help.

If you think you can't get past it, go and raise Irsih Republican Army clone and keep killing innocents/Modi/BJP/RSS leaders; work with ISI to bomb and destroy/kill all in Telangana; Work with EJs to convert all and occupy Tirupati hills. May be you will have that ultimate satisfaction.
You don't understand the difference between regime change and change through a normal process of election.

Regarding your speculation - yes eventually india will break . You cant run a country by giving second class treatment to section of citizens . Especially when those have so much to you. But there are opportunities to make up for it . But you for your own reasons actually want to forget it and sweep it under.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:

So to continue the discussion further can you elaborate of which part exactly you don't understand:

1.) EJ's are a problem but don't know how they are a problem?
2.) EJ's are a problem because Brahmins forced them to become a problem?
3.) EJ's are a problem but their numbers are negligible to be considered a threat?
4.) EJ's are a problem because the numbers are exaggerated and in real EJ's are not a problem at all?

So I have taken it from where you want me to take it. Ball is in your court.
If those are your questions you are not serious about the issue . You just have some feelings and looking for emotional support on the issue.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
vijayk wrote:

No matter how much is the heartburn about how blatantly Andhra people were handed a begging bowl in spite of the all the efforts Andhra people put in hyderabad, is an undeniable truth and there is no two ways about it. BJP/RSS and Congis were all together responsible for this. There is no way they can shrug off their hands in this doing. But what is done is done. No matter how much we try to relive the pain, things will not change. You have to accept it and move ahead. In fact most of the Andhra people I know are just taking the partition as a motivation to create the best state not just in India but they want to setup a shining beacon in the entire Asia. I know very close people who are going out of the way to achieve that. I have deliberately left out their castes because again I want this thread to be neutral. But I can see a lot of momentum, especially from expatriate Andhrites trying to shrug off and build their state back. What is done is done and cannot be undone and its been almost 2 years now and its not the time to sit and lick the wounds of the past, but to move ahead and create a new future. Apart from us forum tigers, most of the people living in Andhra have already realized that.

After saying that, I will also agree that in spite of what BJP/RSS did to Andhra, they are the best option for India as a whole. I will not allow my view on Andhra to affect my view on India.
Accept and move ahead? - like docile buffaloes kicked out of one grazing land moving to other grazing land ?. No justice needs to be done . Apologies from Delhi and amends are needed . This will blow up now or later.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

nukavarapu wrote:
kiranA wrote:
Accept and move ahead? - like docile buffaloes kicked out of one grazing land moving to other grazing land ?. No justice needs to be done . Apologies from Delhi and amends are needed . This will blow up now or later.
After all the talk did you do anything for Justice apart from posting on this forum? Why don't you file a PIL in supreme court for justice of Andhra people? I can promise you whatever support I can provide.
This is a message board meant for voicing opinions. Let's not confuse it with other platforms . Several cases were already filed - do you have much faith in Indian judiciary? I don't . Neither do a lot of brf posters too if you see that thread .

Also this is really a political problem . They used a legislative authority without any principle. They did it because they can and they don't have to fear consequences.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

kiranA wrote:

Hi, briefly about myself before my two cents about Andhra split and EJ activity. I am from rural parts of Eastern Andhra (Near Vizag) grew up in Bengal and Orissa, did my Btech in Vijayawada. My stint in Vijayawada area gave me an insight into the Caste dynamics of AP. I am BC-D just to clarify, but i have been brought up in a devout Hindu Family.

I agree Hyderabad grew because of mostly Andhra people. But that is what stopped the rich Andhra folks from opposing the split. KCR and TRS had them by the b**ls. The middle class was busy working and poor people protested, but no body cared.

NO BJP, TDP or even Rich Andhra businessmen leader opposed the split in Public. since all the rich folks like CBN, Telugu film Heroes, Businessmen all had their investments in Hyderabad they could not risk opening their mouths in Public. Nobody dared open their mouths.

BJP has no stake in Andhra, It had no reason to oppose the split. Sonia did not have to bribe anybody, BJP was straight up for the split. It weakened the hold of local parties. Nobody has lost access to Hyderabad, Everybody in India can still work in Hyd and majority of the money, real estate etc in Hyd still belongs to Andhra people.

But now i think people of AP have come to terms with the split.

Coming to EJ activity in Andhra, i have posted multiple times about it and i have been studying it in depth for some time from 2004.

The idea that there are is conversion activity in Cities where there are good jobs like Vizag, Hyderabad etc - is completely false. Vizag, VIjaywada, Rajahmundry, Guntur, kakinada, and Tirupathi are the epicenters of this problem

It is not a small cross in a shanty any more. It is a Huge enterprise consisting of Hundreds of crores. murders have been committed over it in Guntur diocese. There are number of Celebrities etc who are commited to conversion activity. A number of telugu actors like Raja, Jayasudha, Sudhakar are hardcore evangelists. Jayasudha was a TDP Mla, works a lot on spreading the christian message.

I have done extensive traveling, in Godavari districts, Krishna districts, Vizianagaram, VSKP, areas to document churches and conversion activity. example if you travel from Samarlakota to Kakinada to Bikkavolu, one will find more Churches than temples. Go Along the beautiful Godavari from Rajahmundry to kadiyapulanka, Churches out number temples 5:1 easy.

In Vizag, Vizianagaram one cannot be part of some auto centers, if he/she is not a Christian. In Construction workers, rickshaw pullers, Auto workers, yadava communities in AP, the conversion activity had huge effect. My Guess is % of christians in some areas of Andhra is as High as 30%. Their overall percentage is 10-12% easy. Just walk on any road on any major Ap city, you will see endless number of "Subhavartha and Swasthatha" Sabha posters. Every week there is some evangelical meeting in town.

The overall percentage of christians in Telangana is less around 6-8%. The rural hindu gods and festivals have held on real strong in Telangana.

In fact Church activity in some parts of Hyderabad has gone down after KCR came to power. KCR is not really pro Church. But Church activity has been going unabated in rural Telangana. CBN is not going to Stop any EJ activity because a lot of rich folks of his community have converted. he needs their money. There are separate churches for Higher castes and lower castes in AP. The AP political class originating from Vijaywada has a communist bent and it has lent a helping hand to the EJ activity. The middle classes in AP will hold the fort for Hinduism. Also the converts are real fluid in AP and telangana. A number of people who convert for needs and temporary effects change back.

For ex: My Driver in Vizag is a Devout Hindu, his mom had some issues with eyes, so somebody in the neighborhood told her to believe in Jesus and it would solve the issue and she did. Initially her eye surgery went well and she was about to change fully. But her eyes had some other issues., some people commented that Hindu gods might be angry, so she stopped believing in Jesus. But you cannot say that she believes Christians are bad or EJ's are bad. The whole situation is quite fluid. Majority of these converts are not 2nd or 3rd generation Christians like in Kerala. i know families where the females have converted, but her sons and Husband are still Hindus

Even the Bloody mormon church has a church in Vizag. I have done so much research on this issue that i speak their lingo properly and know in-outs of how they operate.

I Think the conversion activity has flattened out a but in the last few years, they are not able to get any new Sheep. There are also other reasons like various churches infighting to pull people from one church to another, money flow slowing down a bit etc. Now the churches have enough people and money that they are concentrating on generating more money and poaching people from other churches. Also a lot of old people who were converted were not able to convert the young ones. So as the old ones are dying the numbers are dwindling.

The churches have concentred on building churches, but with growing prices of real estate, it has become difficult and also a number of people who built churches by occupying lands in outskirts of cities have later converted them into commercial properties, by greasing the proper people in VUDA etc.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Thanks for the ground report.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Thanks for the factual and true report.

some cryptos are portraying things as though all the others are rabid Hindu fanatics and the entire conversion menace is a mere figment of the fevered imagination, especially cooked up to target the poor minorities and vilify them.

India will neither split nor will it disintegrate as folks here are fondling hoping.

The Hindus have not come this far to disintegrate or give up now.

once the starry eyed see the real truth of their predicament as can be best seen in KER, they will return to the fold. Cannot imagine mere thuggish, selfish and cunning clergy, poking everything in sight, having so much of baneful and venomous influence over anyone's family life. It's unnatural.

the minorities are beset by this evil practice.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Bhavani , one man census team , seems to have seen some but speculate a lot . And nicely slipping in anti tdp and anti kamma biases along the way.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

chetak wrote:Thanks for the factual and true report.

some cryptos are portraying things as though all the others are rabid Hindu fanatics and the entire conversion menace is a mere figment of the fevered imagination, especially cooked up to target the poor minorities and vilify them.

India will neither split nor will it disintegrate as folks here are fondling hoping.

once the starry eyed see the real truth of their predicament as can be best seen in KER, they will return to the fold. Cannot imagine mere thuggish, selfish and cunning clergy, poking everything in sight, having so much of baneful and venomous influence over anyone's family life. It's unnatural.

Your so called Hindu love will evaporate in a minute if the power is kept by a caste you don't like.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

kiranA wrote:Bhavani , one man census team , seems to have seen some but speculate a lot . And nicely slipping in anti tdp and anti kamma biases along the way.
Bhai, i have no Anti-TDP or Anti kamma Biases. me and my wife both voted for TDP last elections. Jagan is completely sold out to EJ and if he gets elected Andhra will become a christian state in the next 5-10 years. I dont want the days of YSR back where EJ's roamed and converted on Tirumala also. You can see my posts i have been posting on EJ activity from 2004. My interest in EJ activity started when a cafeteria worker in my Detroit office said that yearly she worked in a Church in E. Godavari. She even collected money from others and usually chatted up Indians over our religion etc.

Where did you get Anti Kamma or Anti-TDP in my previous post. why are you being so touchy-feely. I gave my background just to dispel this whole caste crap.

The truth is the rich folks of Andhra with Assets in Hyderabad did not oppose the split as they did not want to jeopardize their assets. Can you deny that? Did Any telugu hero irrespective of caste speak vehemently against the split? Everybody even pawan kalyan plays a dual game on split. Can you deny that the core vijayawada politics and most politicians from AP used to have a socialist/communist background. I appreciate all that CBN did, but now he seems to care more about this legacy and lineage than development in Andhra. Truly CBN is responsible for Hyd development, but he did not oppose the split strongly, he wanted TDP to survive in both states.

coming to EJ activity. I did my trip to Bikkavolu in March only, Just go to google maps and you will find innumerable churches all across Andhra towns.

we as people of Andhra are split on the lines of Money, Caste is just used to fool the people. Even in Vijayawada Colleges where Students were supposed to be spilt on the lines of Caste, the lines are blurred and Money is the overriding factor which divides students. When i was student in Vijayawada, my only friends were 2 muslim guys and 2 guys from srikakulam because i had no bike and no spare money to spend.

Look at marriages in Telugu Film Industry, money is the overriding factor, but the fans fight over castes. Kapus marry kamma's, Reddys even christian Reddy's. Mohan babu's sons married Kamma Christians, Chiranjeevi's son married a Kamma and Allu Arjun Married a reddy. But the stupid fans on the street fight over castes

we Andhra folks are too consumed over caste and will override our religion also with it. Caste is part of Religion, not vice versa. If one is not a Hindu how does caste Apply?
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

During peak telangana nonsense it was constantly claimed that only rich kosth folks are preventing AP split because they need to protect their wealth they need to dominate Hyderabad politically.

Now it is being claimed they did nothing because they have wealth in Hyd and they need to protect.

The only theme in those arguments is to somehow abuse kostha folks . If not poor then rich . If not kamma somebody else.

Split was taken by Delhi under article 4 . If they were running a nation they would have articulated the principles or provided consistent reason . They did nothing. It didn't matter to them there is injustice they thought there was no consequence to be had. That's unforgivable.

You may have interest doesn't mean you also have the resources to do a census.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

kiranA wrote:During peak telangana nonsense it was constantly claimed that only rich kosth folks are preventing AP split because they need to protect their wealth they need to dominate Hyderabad politically.

Now it is being claimed they did nothing because they have wealth in Hyd and they need to protect.

The only theme in those arguments is to somehow abuse kostha folks . If not poor then rich . If not kamma somebody else.

Split was taken by Delhi under article 4 . If they were running a nation they would have articulated the principles or provided consistent reason . They did nothing. It didn't matter to them there is injustice they thought there was no consequence to be had. That's unforgivable.

You may have interest doesn't mean you also have the resources to do a census.
What ever the case, the split is done and we have to live with it.

Regarding the Census part and christian population, one has to be blind to say that the christian population has not grown rapidly in AP. you dont have to do census, just walk the streets of Vijayawada or Vizag. Look at the massive churches that have been built in Vijayawada. Church of every denomination is active from Pentacostals to Even Mormons.

The conversion programs in AP have been led by a powerful CM like YSR for 10 years, and it had a huge and everlasting effect.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

bhavani wrote:

Regarding the Census part and christian population, one has to be blind to say that the christian population has not grown rapidly in AP. you dont have to do census, just walk the streets of Vijayawada or Vizag. Look at the massive churches that have been built in Vijayawada. Church of every denomination is active from Pentacostals to Even Mormons.

The conversion programs in AP have been led by a powerful CM like YSR for 10 years, and it had a huge and everlasting effect.
What amazes me is that you can be so casual of a humiliation as massive as the split but worry about a family where a wife converts but husband not.

I personally cant comprehend the mindset. You are not alone here though.

Whatever you believe in its not making you strong its making you weak - forget fighting (i wont recommend now) it you and few others have a hard time even acknowledging injustice done to you. You want to "move on" "live with it" "forget it".
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

kiranA wrote:
bhavani wrote:

What amazes me is that you can be so casual of a humiliation as massive as the split but worry about a family where a wife converts but husband not.

I personally cant comprehend the mindset. You are not alone here though.

Whatever you believe in its not making you strong its making you weak - forget fighting (i wont recommend now) it you and few others have a hard time even acknowledging injustice done to you. You want to "move on" "live with it" "forget it".
Sir, Take it easy, I am 36 years old, may i am taking it easy because of Age.

Split was done - Injustice done to some. i whole heartedly agree. At the time of split i was pissed too. I even posted very angry comments in BR. Even talked of splitting from India during that time. But think with a calm mind. What humiliation, did Pakistan take over Hyderabad?

Hyderabad is not going into Pakistan or Bangladesh. One can still work there and Visit it or retire there. I can still eat biryani in Hyderabad. A common middle class man, from Coastal Andhra, is not that effected from the split. Government jobs will not available to some i agree, but a massive number of new Gov jobs will be created in Andhra.

By being so angry what are you going to do, Nothing, Can you merge the two states again? No

India based on its population should have been 100 states, look at US or any developed country and probably it will split into 100 states in 20-30 years.

But Hinduism has been here for 5000 years and will continue to do so, in spite of efforts many people of many shades. The issue of EJ and split of Andhra are different issues. No comparison between both.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kiranA wrote:
chetak wrote:Thanks for the factual and true report.

Your so called Hindu love will evaporate in a minute if the power is kept by a caste you don't like.
and your sickular credentials are not so cryptic anymore.

caste has never bothered me at any time in my life and nor will it ever.

No one has EVER asked me what caste I am and no one ever will in my circle.

everything that has come to me in life has come freely and without a caste tag.

I really don't care which effing caste is doing what to whom else. this shit hasn't/doesn't affect me in the least.

and never in my posts have I ever mentioned any specific caste in any form or color. It's you who seem obsessed with caste in every post.

This is not a caste forum by any means until you came along and contaminated it by abusing many posters and calling them names.
Last edited by chetak on 26 Apr 2017 05:45, edited 1 time in total.