Telugu States' News and Discussion

Kashi
BRF Oldie

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by Kashi »

TKiran wrote:You can either be a "proud Telugu" or you can be "proud Bhakta of namo/BJP/RSS"

If you are proud Telugu, then you hate namo/BJP/RSS for all the reasons I already stated.

If you are "proud Bhakta of namo/BJP/RSS" you hate ditty Telugu ungrateful dark madrasis for all the reasons I also already mentioned.

But you can't be both unless your name is "venkayya naidu" or "n Sitaraman" cabinet ministers in namo govt from andhra.
So now you claim to speak for all the Telugus? Who the hell are you to claim such exclusivity?

Can a discussion plumb to greater depths than these?

Where is a mod without a lube when you need one..
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Kashi wrote:
So now you claim to speak for all the Telugus? Who the hell are you to claim such exclusivity?

OK for people like you, I will make a concession and tell you how to be both.

There are thumb rules.

"NEVER CRITICIZE Namo/BJP/RSS, and get used to be a slave by taking morphine injections whenever your Telugu pride shows up"

If they say, H1B issue is not Andhra issue, ask them and plead them for morphine injections, if they say PVNR is ditty madrasi who made the Punjabi kill another Punjabi to solve the Khalistan problem, he is the killer of"northies", he could not fight aar paar ki ladaayi with Terrorists and pusillanimous, take a stronger dose, if they say that northies are protecting dark madrasis, who have never been fuukked by Muslims and Christians, beg for injections. If they say Tarun Vijay made honest mistake, accept it even if you don't know the meaning of "honest mistake" and start diverting topic by saying Congress ill-treated the body of PVNR. Blame Congress for everything. Never say "PVNR" is the greatest prime minister who knew the statecraft how to deal with external threats, how to run a minority govt for 5years etc., Make honest mistakes like what venkayya naidu did in rajyasabha.
Last edited by TKiran on 28 Apr 2017 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Now you've clearly lost it. I don't know if you are making sense to yourself, because none of it makes sense.

So I'll let you stew in your bile. Good day.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Kashi wrote:Now you've clearly lost it. I don't know if you are making sense to yourself, because none of it makes sense.

The TRUTH is KERALA (सच क़ड़वी होती है) get used to it
Last edited by TKiran on 28 Apr 2017 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Of course!! What's with you and Karela?
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Kashi garu...Hope you see why I asked a few people to be banned outright when they started abusing RSS, starting bringing Dravidian Periyarist cr@p onto this forum... Do we allow active Khalistanis, AAPtards or communists to post ? Then how come Periyarists and casteists/regionalists allowed to post ?

These folks just need a reason to hate BJP, RSS & Hindutva-waadis... they just because media is bashing them seemingly easily, they too can get away w/ similar bashing on every online forum they find RW-ers.. screw that.. they will be dished out more than a handful in real life.
Swaroop
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Swaroop »

Once somebody becomes a EJ, they have no right to speak on behalf of telugu, tamil or anything to do with this holy land. Please note, not a single squeak against lord madam or her EJ courtiers. Shame.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

TKiran wrote:
Kashi wrote:Now you've clearly lost it. I don't know if you are making sense to yourself, because none of it makes sense.

The TRUTH is KERALA (सच क़ड़वी होती है) get used to it
Please dont speak for all telugu's. we are as diverse as any other state/states . Not many telugu people feel they are dravidian. The whole dravidian philosophy is not so strong in Telugu people.

Dont even want to reply to other stuff about Namo/RSS etc. you have clearly lost it.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Only Telugu's who are mixed with Dravidian ideology are Telugu people who part of DMK in Tamil Nadu. Not at all strong for those in AP. Wasn't it Tkiran who said 50% of Chennai population was Naidu's, Hosur was a bigger city than Bengaluru, Bengaluru had a Telugu majority 20 years back. I guess the thread is Tkrianed
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

TKiran wrote:
Lilo wrote: Whats your takleef hain ji?
I will tell you my takleef.

You can either be a "proud Telugu" or you can be "proud Bhakta of namo/BJP/RSS"

If you are proud Telugu, then you hate namo/BJP/RSS for all the reasons I already stated.

If you are "proud Bhakta of namo/BJP/RSS" you hate ditty Telugu ungrateful dark madrasis for all the reasons I also already mentioned.

But you can't be both unless your name is "venkayya naidu" or "n Sitaraman" cabinet ministers in namo govt from andhra.
Here the Great Phub divides the world into 2.
1. Pround telugu hate RSS- Hindus et al
2. Dont hate Namo then you are anti Telugu. Kya logic.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

TKiran wrote:
Kashi wrote:

OK for people like you, I will make a concession and tell you how to be both.

There are thumb rules.

"NEVER CRITICIZE Namo/BJP/RSS, and get used to be a slave by taking morphine injections whenever your Telugu pride shows up"

If they say, H1B issue is not Andhra issue, ask them and plead them for morphine injections, if they say PVNR is ditty madrasi who made the Punjabi kill another Punjabi to solve the Khalistan problem, he is the killer of"northies", he could not fight aar paar ki ladaayi with Terrorists and pusillanimous, take a stronger dose, if they say that northies are protecting dark madrasis, who have never been fuukked by Muslims and Christians, beg for injections. If they say Tarun Vijay made honest mistake, accept it even if you don't know the meaning of "honest mistake" and start diverting topic by saying Congress ill-treated the body of PVNR. Blame Congress for everything. Never say "PVNR" is the greatest prime minister who knew the statecraft how to deal with external threats, how to run a minority govt for 5years etc., Make honest mistakes like what venkayya naidu did in rajyasabha.
we don't see any difference among telugus from AP or TG.

No telugu is there comparable to PVNR. So what if he was from TG. Are you not proud of him??

PVNR's vindictive humiliation is a matter pf public record, Very credible writers and news sources have documented it.

No one has fabricated it or more importantly, no one has ever denied it from knowledgeable political or official congi sources

If someone's demented logic cannot comprehend what horrendous insults were heaped upon a patriotic Indian by a foreigner and her self serving corrupt EJ acolytes, the same logic will also deny the corruption of YSR and jagan.

Not one single solitary finger is pointed at the true culprits, instead, a lot of beating around the EJ bush seems to be going on to divert, deceive and discredit. All tried and tested EJ maneuvers.

It's not going to work in PVNR's case. The man is too great and too well-respected for any tom, dick or harry (pun intended) to vilify.

Tarun vijay has gone out of his way to promote Tamil as a classical language. He is not and never has been racist.

Yes, some south Indians are very dark complexioned, so what??

All TV meant to convey was when we live without any prejudice with such dark skinned/complexioned people among us for centuries as an innate part of our society, how can we be racist??

Only a dravidian/periarist will find fault with him. No one else cares a damn.

BTW, in Tamilnadu, there is a delightfully named Marxist Periarist Communist Party, a bunch of no hopers for sure.

(periarist==dravidian)=/=Tamillian is the mantra that one and all should understand.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Aditya_V wrote:
TKiran wrote:

I am not suggesting you should hate Modi inorder prove your Telugu pride, I am suggesting not to hesitate to criticize him when he stepped on your shoes, blind bhakti is only for God because the God doesn't do anything wrong. Narendra Modi is not God. I can't tell anything better than that. Namo/BJP/RSS have natural tendency to look down upon us. But then he is the only best alternative currently., He's not as great as PVNR, a Telugu...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

TKiran wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:
I am not suggesting you should hate Modi inorder prove your Telugu pride, I am suggesting not to hesitate to criticize him when he stepped on your shoes, blind bhakti is only for God because the God doesn't do anything wrong. Narendra Modi is not God. I can't tell anything better than that. Namo/BJP/RSS have natural tendency to look down upon us. But then he is the only best alternative currently., He's not as great as PVNR, a Telugu...
we are Hindus.

There is no blind bhakthi for anything. All is open to scrutiny and discussion.

only the abhramic faiths advocate blind bhakthi because they have not evolved beyond the personality cult.

PVNR is the greatest telugu (who, BTW, was abused by fellow telugus, on the say so of a wretched foreigner) but not the greatest Indian. That question is still very much open.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Angry Chilly Farmers In Telangana Go On Rampage, Break ACs, Fans In Khammam Market
KHAMMAM, TELANGANA:
The Khammam market yard in Telangana looks like there just been a riot there. Farmers who had brought in their chilly produce went on a rampage, breaking air conditioners and ceiling fans, chairs and tables, windows and doors, whatever they could lay their hands on.

Their anger was directed at officials and the government which has failed to respond to their distress call. There has been a bumper crop of chillies this season, which was a reason for happiness. But over the last several weeks the prices have progressively crashed and today they were at less than Rs. 3,000 a quintal.

That meant every single farmer would be pushed into debts. "We invested upto one lakh rupees an acre. Now I won't even recover 30,000 rupees," cried a farmer Narasimha.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

While it's a simple demand supply price economics, it's another failure on part of the government to provide avenues to the farmers. It's not mentioned if the produce is red or green chilly. But either way, government should have purchased the produce above the demand and keep in one of its storage facility. But apparently even there, from below article, we only have half the required capacity to store food. With talks about increasing yield per acre, all state govts should really work on increasing the storage capacity.

http://www.voicesofyouth.org/en/posts/p ... e-in-india
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

I don't think unless the farmers learn to control demand and supply, anything will workout. The problem is with perishable goods like vegetables and fruits. How can you store the entire crop? Off season farming and alternate farming has to be practiced. I have seen my entire village plant banana just because one guy planted and crashing the local prices from 60 rs to 15 rs kg.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

one soln that rich countries like usa use is pay farmers a crop price value not to plant any crops...just sit idle and enjoy the money...to not overproduce and crash prices. not sure how feasible it is here as its a deep subsidy.
other thing ofcourse is that someone somwhere in the world would need the surplus if we can (a) store it until shipped (b) find the buyers (c) clean and ship it properly. surely if apples from NZ and pears from Shandong can reach every fruit shop in the land, we are missing something in other direction.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

I think what govt should do is instead of declaring MSP for all, it should assign crops per duration per gram panchayat level and promise to buy the same at the MSP if it is grown withing the stipulated time. The govt control the supply. There are couple of farmers who use other techniques to get beans during costly season and make nice money.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Our agri problem is, over production when price is high and no sowing when prices are low. By this cycle, for example Tomatoes prices shoots to Rs. 50-60 and then falls to Rs. 6-10. Here Govt can be a facilitator, i.e. calculate normal demand of a crop, then ask all villages admins to update all farmers' crop patterns on a dedicated app/software. Once the required + 10% agri acres of that crop is sowed, it should highlight that thing and make this data available for all to view. So that farmers know, which crop is yielding bumper crops (lower prices) and which crop needs more patronage (higher prices). So that they will choose best path. It will benefit both farmers and end users wrt better prices and price stabilization.

Its definitely an pro-Govt job. Use seed/fertilizer sellers VAOs for data gathering.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

The root cause is the experienced farmers are abandoning farming in hordes.

Entire Krishna district and Guntur district the trend is to wait for another 2years and sell their farm land or convert it to commercial land. 50000 acres with a radius of 25 km already converted into government Land in Amaravathi, every additional 1km is 50000 acres around Amaravathi, and most of the farmers there are kamma.

The inexperienced people are taking the land for కౌలు.

They don't know anything about farming, just want to make money, it's like a business. Naturally 80-20 rule applies and 80 percent of new farmers are getting bankrupting, because they look at farming as business not their livelihood. They are investing a lot, increasing the input costs. When they don't get price for their produce, they are getting bankrupt.

Earlier the farmers used to do farming for their livelihood. It really didn't make huge difference to them even if for example in one season they don't get price, they would get it the next season. They don't have huge input costs, as they don't need to pay rent (కౌలు). As long as they get sufficient produce for themselves, they were still OK with it.

So wait for another 2years, there will be no farmers in Krishna and Guntur districts. So there will be no farmers problem, because there will be no farmers. Anyway, Krishna river is also going to dry up, whatever little water is there will be diverted by first Maharashtra, next Karnataka and last by Telangana.

If Andhra is lucky, then Amaravathi would get drinking water, otherwise it would be like Chennai., Per day 2hours water.

Because of greed of Chandra Babu Naidu to benefit kamma's of Guntur and Krishna districts this situation has arised.

It's amazing still there are CBN fans.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Tkiran ,

Brush up some basics on math , economy and agriculture. 50k acres or even 500k acres of agricultural land is not any treasure to be protected. Only vastly ignorant ppl think that way. On the other hand 100 acres of well developed commercial land in a city is a treasure and even NSG commandos will be deployed if needed to protect it from any threats.

People cultivate land when there is nothing else for them to do with the land.

No farmers in Krishna Guntur will not happen in next 100 years but it's great when happens. Agriculture is unsustainable in India anyway.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Also I recommend you come out of village gossip style of collecting information about CBN whispering about castes and real estate scams.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Regarding chili farmers- their plight is indeed pitiful. But no need to brainstorm solutions. Neighboring andhra already implemented a price support solution and farmers are happy there . No riots . It's just effective governance in this case nothing else.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

kmkraoind wrote:Our agri problem is, over production when price is high and no sowing when prices are low. By this cycle, for example Tomatoes prices shoots to Rs. 50-60 and then falls to Rs. 6-10. Here Govt can be a facilitator, i.e. calculate normal demand of a crop, then ask all villages admins to update all farmers' crop patterns on a dedicated app/software. Once the required + 10% agri acres of that crop is sowed, it should highlight that thing and make this data available for all to view. So that farmers know, which crop is yielding bumper crops (lower prices) and which crop needs more patronage (higher prices). So that they will choose best path. It will benefit both farmers and end users wrt better prices and price stabilization.

Its definitely an pro-Govt job. Use seed/fertilizer sellers VAOs for data gathering.
You really think farmers are that responsive to good advise. If neighboring mallanna made a killing growing cotton last year that's exactly what subayya wants to do now.

Atleast in AP there is no dearth of information for farmers. Even private media delivers. Ramoji had excellent tv program annadata and excellent media. Now ramoji Rao is making them in etv bihar gujarat and other states too.
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

TKiran wrote:
Lilo wrote: Whats your takleef hain ji?

I'm a 'proud Telugu' and a 'proud Bhakta of namo'.

DEAL WITH IT.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

vnms wrote: I'm a 'proud Telugu' and a 'proud Bhakta of namo'.

DEAL WITH IT.
I already elucidated how you can be both...

I pity you. Good luck.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

TKiran wrote:The root cause is the experienced farmers are abandoning farming in hordes.

Entire Krishna district and Guntur district the trend is to wait for another 2years and sell their farm land or convert it to commercial land. 50000 acres with a radius of 25 km already converted into government Land in Amaravathi, every additional 1km is 50000 acres around Amaravathi, and most of the farmers there are kamma.

The inexperienced people are taking the land for కౌలు.

They don't know anything about farming, just want to make money, it's like a business. Naturally 80-20 rule applies and 80 percent of new farmers are getting bankrupting, because they look at farming as business not their livelihood. They are investing a lot, increasing the input costs. When they don't get price for their produce, they are getting bankrupt.

Earlier the farmers used to do farming for their livelihood. It really didn't make huge difference to them even if for example in one season they don't get price, they would get it the next season. They don't have huge input costs, as they don't need to pay rent (కౌలు). As long as they get sufficient produce for themselves, they were still OK with it.

So wait for another 2years, there will be no farmers in Krishna and Guntur districts. So there will be no farmers problem, because there will be no farmers. Anyway, Krishna river is also going to dry up, whatever little water is there will be diverted by first Maharashtra, next Karnataka and last by Telangana.

If Andhra is lucky, then Amaravathi would get drinking water, otherwise it would be like Chennai., Per day 2hours water.

Because of greed of Chandra Babu Naidu to benefit kamma's of Guntur and Krishna districts this situation has arised.

It's amazing still there are CBN fans.
lol..you seriously need to check your sources/friends...this style of gossip-mongering is regressive. If you have nothing more to contribute than this then please stay silent and listen up
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I have received many emails that this thread is drifting far, far away from the thread topic.
The thread was started to chart the progress of the two states and see how they develop. instead it has become a mutual recrimination thread.

Please be advised bans will be issued soon to the serial posters.

Warnings are now futile.

Thanks,

ramana
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

ramana wrote:I have received many emails that this thread is drifting far, far away from the thread topic.
The thread was started to chart the progress of the two states and see how they develop. instead it has become a mutual recrimination thread.

Please be advised bans will be issued soon to the serial posters.

Warnings are now futile.

Thanks,

ramana
About time.

Venting beyond a point is no longer cathartic.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

nukavarapu wrote:But it's evident this thread has been primarily opened to spout slur and then humiliate Andhra people. I am seeing post after post people bashing Andhra people on variety of topics coming straight out of musharrafs. Then if that was not enough comes the CBN and Kamma bashing. People are conveniently ignoring his achievements and all these Telangana sons keep on forgetting that it was CBN who brought IT to Hyderabad. And then if that was not enough next comes the Kamma bashing. I am surprised the extent of hatred people here have shown towards Andhra folks CBN and Kammas. I am shamefully admitting that this thread has succumbed to bias and I am seeing no rationality in people's discussion but only mad race of who can humiliate Andhras, CBN and Kammas the most. For all all this bashing, 10 years from now Andhra will become the most progressive state and the credit will go the resilience of Andhra's and I guess the forum members will still bash Andhra's for their achievements. Instead of me being part of this deaf and dumb thread, let me move on and take part in Andhra's growth. Mods great job allowing such bashing of Andhra's, Kammas and CBN.
Looking at the first post, I gather that I opened this thread. If you read my posts, I was against split for cultural reasons and considered people of Telangana are also Andhras historically.

So there was NO such intention of what you said for opening this thread. You should develop thick skin to read or ignore various posts by variety posters whether you like it or not, esp political discussion.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Taking about Telugu people wonder what percentage of population must have Telugu as its Mother Tongue, in TN from Kanyakumari, Coimbatore to Chennai Mother tongue must be Telugu for atleast 25% of the Population
Anybody has any idea for these States

1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Telegnana
3. Tamil Nadu
4. Karnataka
5. Orissa
6. Chattisgarh.

I feel these states must have a high percentage of population with Telugu as thier Mother tongue.
Srutayus
BRFite

Post by Srutayus »

We are Kammas from Coimbatore.
Most of the migration seems to have happened during the Vijayanagara empire. We seem to have been involved in several wars to protect Hindu dharma at that time and there are still various family traditions from those times. One of the first major wars of the Vijayanagara empire was to liberate Madurai by defeating the ISIS like Madurai Sultanate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madurai_Sultanate and to restore the great temples at Madurai, Srirangam etc.

Ironically several of the founder's of the Dravidian movement including Venkata Ramaswamy (Periyar) were Telugu speakers as well. It seems also to have been a way of jockeying for influence against the dominant Brahmin elite back then.
The snake Y Gopalaswamy, who goes by Vaiko, is a Telugu speaking Kamma as well. Needless to say the community has a very low opinion of the likes of him and their demagoguery.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Aditya_V wrote:Taking about Telugu people wonder what percentage of population must have Telugu as its Mother Tongue, in TN from Kanyakumari, Coimbatore to Chennai Mother tongue must be Telugu for atleast 25% of the Population
Anybody has any idea for these States

1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Telegnana
3. Tamil Nadu
4. Karnataka
5. Orissa
6. Chattisgarh.

I feel these states must have a high percentage of population with Telugu as thier Mother tongue.
viewtopic.php?p=2151037#p2151037
Telugus had large-scale migrations to Tamilnadu from Palnadu, Gandikota, Vijayanagara, Golkonda/Nizam Telagana at 4 distinct times

First wave of Naickers were from Palnadu. Above poster's ancestors and other Naickers moved during Vijayanagara times in the second wave. Kota Kammas and other Naickers migrated after fall of Gandikota. From Telanaga also there was a lot of migrations over multiple centuries to Andhra and Tamilnadu.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Contrary to the Kamma bashing in this thread, they actually have a glorious military history in defending Hindu Dharma. Musunuri Nayakas, Pemmasani Nayakas etc. Even their strongest critics and haters like that thesis from the French-Algerian bimbo Dalel benbali or something acknowledge that their domination of movies and propogation of Hindu cultural memes played a key role in making Telugu film industry not going the bhaiwood way.

AFAIK, there are many Kamma families where the grand father is a communist, father a captalist and the genX is a Hindu nationalist
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Caste consciously claiming legendary "caste" history hain ji?
In this lifetime atleast show me something new

Wikipedia and the interweb is full of self written legendary caste histories with different castes claiming respective legendary provenance often to the same king or same dynasty in history....

So instead of reading normal telugu history - i will now be reading respective caste histories like Reddy rajulu Kamma Rajulu Kaapu rajulu velama rajulu and what not ?

Wonder to what caste Krishna devaraya belonged to or the Palnadu Chieftains belonged to ?
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Rony wrote:Contrary to the Kamma bashing in this thread, they actually have a glorious military history in defending Hindu Dharma. Musunuri Nayakas, Pemmasani Nayakas etc. Even their strongest critics and haters like that thesis from the French-Algerian bimbo Dalel benbali or something acknowledge that their domination of movies and propogation of Hindu cultural memes played a key role in making Telugu film industry not going the bhaiwood way.

AFAIK, there are many Kamma families where the grand father is a communist, father a captalist and the genX is a Hindu nationalist
+100

If there is anyone bashing any Hindu Caste or people of any region/language, its not right. Everyone loves heroes like Pemmasani Ramalinga Naidu - commander in chief of Vijayanagara Armies - who was reputed to have never lost a battle ala BajiRao Peshwa, and who destroyed Bahmanis in Battle of Raichur or the role Musunuri Nayaks played in liberation of Orugallu. Entire India needs to recognize and admire them, undoubtedly.

However, there is general concern about why some Andhra people are trivializing the disastrous impact of EJs, turning my beautiful Andhra into the next Nagaland. And its not just Kammas, in general why my fellow Andhrites who are so culturally grounded, just have a natural aversion for Hindutva-waad and don't realize the dangers of EJ threat. In Telangana, you see Sangh organizations active. In Andhra, nobody seems to care except some Swamis with limited outreach. Who will wake them up ? That is a cause of concern for nationalists. FYI, I cannot be "Andhra bashing" as I am myself an Andhrite and if at all, I am still anti-Telangana statehood, had passionately opposed the state split and dislike the TRS & everything they stand for immensely.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

In the most recent census, out of a list of 29 states & 7 UTs , Andhra Pradesh with 67% literacy rate is in the bottom five of this list of 36 territories. Telangana is just below at 66.5% .
BIMARU state having lesser literacy rate than Andhra is Bihar with 63%.

Forget India's avg literacy (74%), the literacy of Andhra Pradesh(67%) is less than the average literacy of the BIMARU states combined at 69%.

Unlike Telangana which has a long history of brutal occupation by Nizam who literally sucked the blood of peasants to fund his rollsroyce collection or the cartier jewellery collections, much of AP was under the quite benign ryotwari system and benefited also from the irrigation systems created by british. So atleast Telangana had a historical reason for its dismal literacy rate, Andhra had the reason of CBN & YSR & respective party high commands for 60 years.

Anyway that illiteracy doesnt matter as due to Nara-Narayana's grace we have setup an assembly line of unidimensional exam crackers getting rolled out from our bodyshops each year.
For example Nara CBN to encourage the "business" of coaching centers declared special Pratibha scholarships @ 1.6 lakhs for each AP student getting into the prestigious institutions like IITs.In this regard he was the proud successor of banditji chacha nehru who was famous for funding the IITs when india's literacy rate was 25% - while SoKo with its still lower literacy rate was prudent enough to fund secondary education.

Therefore AP today has the legendary distinction of sending the largest number of students to IITs, NITs MBBS etc each year with one of the lowest literacy rates in the country.
As a corollary effect to above the majority contingent of IT labour to US is also sourced from AP.

When surrounding states were idiotically doing their balanced industrialization thingy - AP took the giant leap forward and concentrated on providing IT services to the supapawa & claimed a status of the regional IT superpowa. Maybe assembly line manufacturing was deemed menial by the powers that be?
Different story that the superpowa in 2020 is not going to need the services of the self proclaimed IT superpowa right in time for CBN's vision 2020.

Few decades back PSU HMT used to have a tractor manufacturing plant which was the sole vehicle manufacturing plant in AP - that had to be folded up.Now i think even bicycles are not made in AP.
Anyway the CM of AP after ruling the state for 10 years & counting is now catching leaves after the hands are burnt and Kia motors is on its way to establish a vehicle manufacturing plant in AP by 2020,right in time for his much vaunted vision 2020.
Last edited by Lilo on 06 May 2017 02:49, edited 2 times in total.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Lilo wrote:Caste consciously claiming legendary "caste" history hain ji?
In this lifetime atleast show me something new

Wikipedia and the interweb is full of self written legendary caste histories with different castes claiming respective legendary provenance often to the same king or same dynasty in history....

So instead of reading normal telugu history - i will now be reading respective caste histories like Reddy rajulu Kamma Rajulu Kaapu rajulu velama rajulu and what not ?

Wonder to what caste Krishna devaraya belonged to or the Palnadu Chieftains belonged to ?
What is normal Telugu history? Sanitized Islamic and leftist history?

Krishna Deveraya is Tulu and Bunt. Palnadu chiefs are Haihaya/Kalachuris. But post the 1300, Nayakas who were Nayakas/Naidus/Naickers under other traditional kings became kings themselves. Further they separated themselves into castes as we know currently.

For 700 years those castes ruled various kingdoms and Samsthanams in Andhra, Telangana, eastern Karnataka and Tamilnadu. We know famous Telugu people, say Brahmins, because their work is in writing but why denying history of other significant people.

Which textbook exactly gives lesson on famous take over of Kakatiya for another 50 years after its fall. Neither you don't learn about Reddy kingdom or Gandikota Rahasyam.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

ShyamSP wrote:...Further they separated themselves into castes as we know currently.
Shyam garu,
Aha, then you know the fact that these landowning castes diverged from the same land cultivating farmer-warrior stock.That too in relatively recent history of middle ages.Then my ensuing arguments will have more effect.

Normal telugu history for me is what i learnt of the few dynasties that held sway over extensive areas/periods andor leave their own lasting imprint on the cultural palimpsest(ex:a temple architecture style) to be historically significant - iam least concerned about samsthanam & principality level histories, unless they are culturally significant(ex: heroes eulogized in common ballads - like burra kathas etc) .
Anyway in present day,various caste's pen legendary hagiographies for their own caste.Nothing new.
They also aim to appropriate some historical herrow for their caste in competition with some rival castes.Nothing new here also. These things are as common in AP as copying is in exams of AP engineering colleges.

Funny thing is same castes which claim legendary kings & cheiftains & warrior herrows for their caste in the same breath claim millenia of brahmanical oppression & domination.

So call me a cynic but after seeing so much i dont feel there is anything new when few people gather together and claim legendary history for their caste.

btw yogi vemana was apparently a reddy before he became yogi - if he knew that caste conscious people in the current age will appropriate him first and foremost for their own caste, he would have burnt all his poems .

Veerapandiya kattabomman fought and died against the british when others of his caste were submitting to british & betraying their land, that doesnt make him that caste's herrow. He is a hero for all Indians.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks three years ago trying to recover from the grievous division of Telugu people, we started this thread. The hope was we will see both states develop and become strong despite the cleaving.

Let's not get into blame game and go into downward spiral.
Thanks, ramana