Telugu States' News and Discussion

devesh
BRF Oldie

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by devesh »

Altair wrote:
TTD/Tirupathi is CBN own place so why should he give control?
Are you for real? Tirupathi is not the property of CBN for him to give control to anyone. All RSS is asking is more decentralizing of the most powerful temple in India. There is a huge gujju population who visit the temple and donate a lot. They are also actively in many volunteer works on the hills. Is it too much to ask?
There are few Xn ministers in CBN cabinet who are very much into EJ activities. They must go. Its either carrot for now or a huge danda later. CBN chose the later unlike the other "moon" who acted wisely.

Altair garu, Tirupati can become full on Christianized but for some it is all about "control". no use getting BP up. neither KCR nor CBN leave much to hope for future generations. the "division" miraculously helped both of these fellows.

without the division agenda, KCR would be at best state or maybe central minister in TDP. CBN himself would be in the same position that all the other regionalists find themselves in. he's lucky he's got the "division" stick to beat with. otherwise, BJP under Modi would be squeezing him just like they're going all other regional bosses right now. ditto with KCR.

it is not hard to imagine that slowly, these 2 will actually collude and collaborate internally while bombastically criticizing each other on the outside. they've successfully cornered the "opposition" in their respective States.

interesting times ahead. we shouldn't be surprised if they synchronize their moves in the Parliament to the shock of BJP. those days might not be that far.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Altair wrote:Hari garu ,
Please start a thread for BR Hyderabad meet.
Will do. Busy period at work will get over in a coupla days. Then, will happen. :)
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Hari Seldon wrote:^^moi is all in for a br meet in hyd... :)
Hari and Altair: Time frame? I would be able to make it only if it is in second week of June. I will be in Hyd for 40th :shock: anniversary reunion in that time frame.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^Well, a small (Whatysapp) group of us Hyd based jingoes meets up for beer and biryani every other month or so.

Can always have another mini-meet in the timeframe you come, in your honor sir. :)
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... =24&t=6975

Lets discuss here before Modrones fire the hellfires
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Hari, What happened to the Philosophy club idea of ours? No takers? How are the small group we met doing?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

ramana wrote:Hari, What happened to the Philosophy club idea of ours? No takers? How are the small group we met doing?
Philosophy club? I'm not sure which one you refer to, sir.

The group we met are all doing fine. BTW, went and bought more Amrut Single malts after first tasting single malts thanks to your glennfidich onlee... :D
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

KCR is hyping Yadigiri Gutta too high. He is promising sky for gutta. He is definitely taking personal interest from what I hear. He may have bought lands near gutta which will fetch high price now that they are escalating. If KCR is up to any mischief he will be punished severely. However, I believe he is sincere in this case. No one takes a chance with Narasimha Swamy.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Altair, Manchi eyana Chedu eyana, Telangana needs a temple site around which people can rally. And if he is up to mischief, Narasimha will tear him apart.

BTW did you notice AP has Mangalgiri in its capital area? Looks like Narasimha swamy is destined to inspire the Telugus again.

I saw a large coffee table book. "Temples of Telangana". It had full page color photos and short description of major temples in the state. Majority were Shiva, Devi, Rama, & Narasimha in that order.

I like the Peddama gudi built by Janardhana Reddy in Jubilee Hills.

I saw another older Pedammavaru gudi near Lake Kolleru in West Godavari. Off course Kanaka Durga temple in Vijayawada. This one now has a number of devotees on deeksha like Ayappa deeksha.
Last edited by ramana on 25 Feb 2015 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ramana
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

I am all for more temples but with more community service originating from temples. Temples in AP and TN were more than temples, they were community centers. But that discussion may be suited for another time. If KCR even accomplishes 50% of what he has promised till date for Y.G, chethulu ethi namaskarm chepthanu. Let's hope for all of our sake he is Narasimha Swamy bhakth and will do what is required.

KCR is a difficult person to understand. He is cleansing TS of many EJs. We might have got it completely wrong with KCR. He is even pushing for 3 days full state festival for Bathukamma. The International Airport was decorated really well last year as well. Philosophically speaking, Its in our destiny to be a scientifically advanced race, Universe will conspire for our success.
I think PJR built Peddamma gudi in JHills.
Mangalam bhūyāt
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Hari Seldon wrote:Can always have another mini-meet in the timeframe you come, in your honor sir. :)
Thanks. Requesting to drop "sir" garu etc. Easier to type on small format device.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

q: where is this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andhra_Pra ... pital_City

got it! duh. vijayawada
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Is KCR's allying with MiM so that he can kick EJs out and then radical elements of MiM? Otherwise he will solve only half the problem. That said, radical muslims are not really a big threat in TS, AFAIK. Once in a while one hears religious clashes in old bastI of bhAgya nagaramu but in most TS rural areas, everybody understands the benefits of peaceful co-existence. EJs are a threat given the stakes (mines) in CHattIs gaDh though.

Of course, there is no call for MP Kavitha to say what she said regarding Pakistan. She will learn.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 26 Feb 2015 08:50, edited 2 times in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

matrimc , Altair can tell better. Find out how much cow slaughter is going on in Charminar area after KCR came? From my source, old time Hyd from time of Tanesha its zilch. They are TDP supporters BTW.

Kavitha just let her be. She has her role.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

SaiK wrote:q: where is this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andhra_Pra ... pital_City

got it! duh. vijayawada
Wrong. It is in Guntur district, west of Krishna River, between Amaravati and Mangalagiri.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

8)
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

matrimc wrote:Is KCR's allying with MiM so that he can kick EJs out and then radical elements of MiM? Otherwise he will solve only half the problem. That said, radical muslims are not really a big threat in TS, AFAIK. Once in a while one hears religious clashes in old bastI of bhAgya nagaramu but in most TS rural areas, everybody understands the benefits of peaceful co-existence. EJs are a threat given the stakes (mines) in CHattIs gaDh though.

Of course, there is no call for MP Kavitha to say what she said regarding Pakistan. She will learn.
The grape vine is that he's entertaining them, so that he could get good results in GHMC elections. After that he may ditch them. But god only knows when they are going to conduct those elections.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Altair wrote:I am all for more temples but with more community service originating from temples. Temples in AP and TN were more than temples, they were community centers. But that discussion may be suited for another time. If KCR even accomplishes 50% of what he has promised till date for Y.G, chethulu ethi namaskarm chepthanu. Let's hope for all of our sake he is Narasimha Swamy bhakth and will do what is required.

KCR is a difficult person to understand. He is cleansing TS of many EJs. We might have got it completely wrong with KCR. He is even pushing for 3 days full state festival for Bathukamma. The International Airport was decorated really well last year as well. Philosophically speaking, Its in our destiny to be a scientifically advanced race, Universe will conspire for our success.
Mangalam bhūyāt
The other temple I wish to see developed is the Basara Gnana Saraswati Temple. It's one few temples dedicated to Goddess Saraswati and thus is very unique. Looks like they are concentrating on Yadgiri Narasihma swami temple and then they will direct their efforts towards Basara and Badhrachalam. I went to Yadgiri gutta and Basara temples last december. Yadgiri gutta temple definitely needs lot of improvement. Basara temple looked pretty neat compared to it. So any development is welcome for Yadgiri gutta.
There is another temple similar to Yadgiri gutta in Nizamabad called Limbadri gutta. It's also inside a cave and you have to bend down to half to get in to the Garbha gudi.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

yvijay wrote:
Altair wrote:I am all for more temples but with more community service originating from temples. Temples in AP and TN were more than temples, they were community centers. But that discussion may be suited for another time. If KCR even accomplishes 50% of what he has promised till date for Y.G, chethulu ethi namaskarm chepthanu. Let's hope for all of our sake he is Narasimha Swamy bhakth and will do what is required.

Mangalam bhūyāt
The other temple I wish to see developed is the Basara Gnana Saraswati Temple. It's one few temples dedicated to Goddess Saraswati and thus is very unique. Looks like they are concentrating on Yadgiri Narasihma swami temple and then they will direct their efforts towards Basara and Badhrachalam. I went to Yadgiri gutta and Basara temples last december. Yadgiri gutta temple definitely needs lot of improvement. Basara temple looked pretty neat compared to it. So any development is welcome for Yadgiri gutta.
There is another temple similar to Yadgiri gutta in Nizamabad called Limbadri gutta. It's also inside a cave and you have to bend down to half to get in to the Garbha gudi.
I am from Andhra, but i was highly impressed by KCR. He is a strict believer in Durgamma and Narasimha Swamy. The EJ activity is much less in Telanagana. I think he is leveraing MIM and other forces to fight EJ's. IN Telangana, the muslim community is very concentrated and ghettoised. KCR is promoting Hindu festivals heavily and is bringing them into limelight.

Andhra has been pretty much run over by EJ's. They are building churches everywhere in Andhra. For Ex: In vizag, they are building are semi permanent(thatched roof) churches and occupying land which originally belongs to Simhachalam devasthanams then they are making the structures permanent later after a year or two.

Huge crosses are being hoisted on mountain tops. It seems as if i am in Rio or some south american town rather than Andhra. Christmas is being celebrated on the same level as Diwali or Sankaranthi in Andhra.

Soon if a guy is a Non-EJ it will be diificult to win in Krishna, West GOdavari and East Godavari areas.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Upset Naidu in wait and watch mode

HYDERABAD: Stopping just short of pulling out the TDP from the NDA coalition at the Centre, Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday said he is losing confidence in the Narendra Modi government as it has done grave injustice by making no allocations for the residuary state in the Union budget presented by finance minister Arun Jaitley in Delhi.

"I am unable to digest the disappointment. First, it was the 14{+t}{+h} finance commission, which in its allocations took no note of the bifurcation and the revenue deficit being faced by Andhra Pradesh. Then it was the railway budget and finally, the Union budget. The NDA government has done nothing to set right the injustice done to the state due to the bifurcation," Naidu said at a press conference here on Saturday afternoon.

The CM's hard-hitting comments against the Modi regime assume significance as the TDP is an ally of the BJP and a partner in the government at the Centre. Sources said Naidu was taken aback by the budget, as contrary to expectations, it referred to only an IIM being set up in the state.

The AP Reorganization Act had earmarked several central institutions for AP and Naidu was expecting announcement for at least a few of them in this year's budget, the sources added.

However, that was not to be, and Naidu made his dissatisfaction known by convening a press meet at the Lake View Guest House. "There is neither any talk of special status nor of a special package. There is no mention of special industrial incentives for the state and not a rupee has been allotted for the construction of the new capital. The Centre has in effect clipped the wings of the state," Naidu said. When asked whether he would ask his MPs to agitate against the NDA government, the CM said he would first meet the Prime Minister and the finance minister and highlight the injustice meted out to the state. "And then I will decide," Naidu said.

At the press meet, Naidu reminded Modi about his promise during the election campaign that the BJP will ensure that a world class capital, better than New Delhi, comes up in AP. "Where has the promise gone?" Naidu asked.

"Under the backward region development fund, AP used to get Rs 350 crore every year. This year, this allocation has been withdrawn totally. They allotted Rs 1 crore for a few universities and Rs 40 crore each to the new IIT and IIM in AP. Polvaram, despite being a national project, has received a meagre allocation of Rs 100 crore for the entire year," Naidu lamented, making it clear that all these allocations fall way below the state's expectations.

Responding to a query whether this would impact TDP-BJP alliance, Naidu said he is positive thinker and continues to believe that Modi would address AP's problems. When asked what would be his options in case nothing fruitful emerges from his meetings with the PM and FM, Naidu curtly said: "If I know that, I would have told you".

However, in a voice choked with emotion, Naidu asked the NDA government to explain what was the 'crime' done by the people of AP that they are being left without a capital, funds, buildings, infrastructure and a level playing field. "How can we compete with Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad without having a capital? Is it not the responsibility of the Centre to construct a capital for the state that was divided in haste? Modi has a responsibility to fulfill," the CM said.

He said the 15% capital incentive and investment allowance announced in the budget were useless to AP as they are applicable only when the units are profit-making. He said he could not understand what Arun Jaitley meant when he said that West Bengal and Bihar would get similar assistance as was given to AP as the residuary state did not get anything in the first place. Later, speaking to mediapersons, Naidu said he would decide on the future course of action after the response from the Centre. He said he has already sought an appointment with the PM and FM for next week and directed his finance secretaries to prepare a list of 'promises' made but not kept by the Centre.

GRAPHIC

NAIDU'S GROUSE

* No talk of special status in Union budget

* No mention of special industrial incentives for the state

* No allocation for construction of the new capital

* Rs 350 cr allocated annually to AP under backward region development fund withdrawn

* Meagre allocation of Rs 100 crore for Polavaram project

How can we compete with Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad without having a capital? Is it not the responsibility of the Centre to construct a capital for the state that was divided in haste? Modi has a responsibility to fulfill - N Chandrababu Naidu, Andhra Pradesh CM
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Naidu has not understood the seriousness of conversions and the Centers attention to it. KCR has started to do what is necessary. Naidu is still dragging his feet. Go ahead Naidu garu, pull out and see what happens. Center has big plans to fight conversions and if you don't play ball this is what you get.
Please show intent and get onboard, you cannot be on both boats. Trust in Modi and do what is necessary.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

BJP can forget any ideas of building the party in AP: people (I am talking about general public -- not politicians) are quite pissed with BJP's attitude towards the state. In the last elections they were given benefit of doubt even though they were equally at fault as the Congress was. Next time BJP will get 0 & 0 in both LS and Assembly elections unless it makes quick course-correction now.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

a_bharat wrote:BJP can forget any ideas of building the party in AP: people (I am talking about general public -- not politicians) are quite pissed with BJP's attitude towards the state. In the last elections they were given benefit of doubt even though they were equally at fault as the Congress was. Next time BJP will get 0 & 0 in both LS and Assembly elections unless it makes quick course-correction now.
between naidu, his interminable grandiose problems and repeated demands for large amounts of money, AP certainly looks like a lost cause for the BJP. The center has already asked him to give a list of essential buildings that he wants but naidu does not seem to be willing to do that. He wants hard cold cash. naidu is anyway hell bent on denying any political space to the BJP in every which way and that in a nutshell may be the root cause of his present problems. If he had been fair to the BJP in the seat distribution he may have had some happy colleagues and some real hold on the center.

This govt does not want to be enmeshed in a mega scandal. They have to prepare for 2019 GE.

I also think that he came over to the BJP side only when he was certain that the congress would lose. No one will forgive such things in politics. What he did to his own father in law is too well known for anyone to trust naidu

naidu went swanning around to singapore and looked for all sorts of consultancy for his projects. Why does he not take that forward??

BTW why should the center build a capital for him?? did naidu not say that he was going to do it himself?? Even after the cyclone in vizag he had demanded outrageously large amounts from the center and maybe he has eroded his own credibility. If AP does not vote BJP, it certainly will not also vote TDP.

even a pipsqueak like omar abdullah tried to blackmail the NaMo govt into giving him 40, 50 K crores after the floods in J&K . Are all these these guys pulling such figures out of their musharrafs??
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

^^

Even if Naidu is not trustful, idiot etc etc, what about the promises made by BJP leaders and Modi himself saar ? Were they talking from their Musharrafs then just like Congress leaders ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeK88Pl_Axc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73lMUdncN5g
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rony wrote:^^

Even if Naidu is not trustful, idiot etc etc, what about the promises made by BJP leaders and Modi himself saar ? Were they talking from their Musharrafs then just like Congress leaders ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeK88Pl_Axc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73lMUdncN5g
i am sure that they were doing just that in the run up to the elections and the grab for seats and power. They are anyway politicians after all.

Why should they be any different?? and weren't a lot of them in the scamgress or other parties previously??

Had they been voted to power in sizable numbers, something may have come about but it looks like they have little or no stake and the TDP did not extend the expected cooperation in seat sharing.

It is clear that the BJP will not gain much in AP because of naidu and his insistence on one way back scratching.

naidu thought that he would become king maker once again. He gambled and lost. He should try a different tack. confrontation is pointless.

naidu is expected to jump ship soon anyway. the center may not be willing to invest in a losing proposition of investing too much in the TDP. BJP is hunting for rajya sabha seats or reliable support there. Both may be looking for new partners.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

^^

So its all about Naidu then ?

Andhra is getting Christianized, help us -- its internal fault, deal with it. (We all know Naidu is a p-sec idiot, but what did even BJP leader who is a endowments minister no less did to dismantle YSR's EJ network at least in Tirupati ? )

Andhra is being left in the middle because of bifurcation, help us , keep your promises --- Its Naidu fault, tough luck, deal with it.

Where is AP, the state and Telugu the people in all this conversation ? isn't BJP supposed to be more "matured" compared to TDP/Naidu etc. Where is that maturity now ? If its all about politics and congress =ysrp= tdp= bjp , then why all this enthu and support for BJP in this forum ?

Isn't this kind of hopelessness and distrust of "center" which developed in Bengal after partition which led to commie/naxalism and turning Bengal what it is now
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

If Naidu is so obnoxious, why doesn't BJP resign from his cabinet citing his p-sec connections, the Tirupathi crosses & so forth & go aggressively wooing the Jagan vote base by fulfilling some of its promises (the railway zone & special status, for instance)?. Naidu has started his idiotic capital scheme & may well end up like in 2004 - it is going to suck out tons of productive land in Guntur-Krishna districts & even more importantly, vital economic resources needed for developing AP & he is rewarding his financiers, which will increase heartburn among the others. BJP can break into the old Congress vote in Rayalseema with Jagan weakening & with Kanna and a few others, can get even more vote in Kosta. I don't think this is about Naidu at all. Either the finances at the centre are even more messed up than we know or else, they care nothing about AP at all.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I think CBN should realize few things, for his own benefit.

1/ Center doesn't have Lakhs of Crores to fund his dream Capital anymore. After increasing state's share in taxes, it hardly has 2-3Lakh crore for planned expenditure (at 3% GDP fiscal deficit limit). It cannot give 1L crore to AP and instead would fund its 100smart cities program.

2/ Polavaram is a genuine cause. But he shouldn't try to get funds for it from different accounts, so TRS can't (publicly) oppose it. I think the delay is political reasons, not center's unwillingness to fund it.

Both the above projects are to cater the Krishna-Guntur region requiring nearly RS 1,50,000 Crores and for some reason CBN is making them the foundation of his CMship. I think this is not a good move for it will give the "impression" that he is further supporting the already wealthy region and helping only a specific caste group. This is neither in CBN's interest nor state nor India.

3/ Modi Sarkar is helping CBN in every project where they are congruent with Modi's IndiaFirst vision. We can see this in 24/7 electricity vision or now Digital India vision.

4/ So CBN is well advised to rearrange his priorities so rest of AP can benefit from various Modi Sarkar initiatives. Some examples are
- Fab/Solar, Farma and Petro smart cities in Rayalaseema, Nellore and Uttarandhra respectively
- Heritage smart cities in Tirupati, Amaravati, Simhachalam, NavaNandis etc
- National waterways program- Vijawada-Chennai (Bakingham canal), Antarvedi-Basara on Godavari river etc
- Defense MakeInIndia programs etc

5/ Pursue Polavaram as National Project.
6/ Make Capital city a state project (but I think he cannot divert state funds without push back from MLAs from other reasons, hence his plan to get central funds). This is a RE project, so make it one. Limit Govt stake to key Govt buildings and amenities.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

nageshks wrote:If Naidu is so obnoxious, why doesn't BJP resign from his cabinet citing his p-sec connections, the Tirupathi crosses & so forth & go aggressively wooing the Jagan vote base by fulfilling some of its promises (the railway zone & special status, for instance)?. Naidu has started his idiotic capital scheme & may well end up like in 2004 - it is going to suck out tons of productive land in Guntur-Krishna districts & even more importantly, vital economic resources needed for developing AP & he is rewarding his financiers, which will increase heartburn among the others. BJP can break into the old Congress vote in Rayalseema with Jagan weakening & with Kanna and a few others, can get even more vote in Kosta. I don't think this is about Naidu at all. Either the finances at the centre are even more messed up than we know or else, they care nothing about AP at all.
If it is the first case, release white paper or something and communicate. The way it is now they are talking from Mushraffs that when everything is recorded what they said before and during split and before elections.

BJP "approval" rating is fell faster to 1-2% from elections, I don't think voters regardless of the region will entertain them with what they are doing now. They had some value because they ran on TDP election infrastructure but now they lost it.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Didn't Venkaiah said Polavaram is not their issue and gave only limited money for it. They did volte-face on their promises. In Telugu media, they ran what they said then and what they are saying now.

BJP seems be cocky that they can do shit and manage CBN by encouraging Jagan and KCR.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

Nageshji,

Both reasons are true - centre has no funds, and they don't care about AP. The second one looks little insulting, but it is more like they don't care anymore than any other state. There got be some other reason too as there are few things that don't cost much or require very little pampering of AP. In the first 30 days of BJP govt, they were very serious and acting fast on promises made to AP - the Polavaram ordinance to shift 100+ villages to AP, transfer of Sileru power plant, 24hr power, attempts to give special powers to Governor are few examples, and then sudden brakes were applied, coinciding with State rubbishing Siva Rama Krishnan report.

After 10 years of humiliation by YSR, CBN vowed never to repeat 2004, at any cost. In my opinion, everything revolves around this physiological scar. There is no question that the creation of mega capital is a way of rewarding TDP financers and ensure free supply of money for 2019 elections. However, from centre point of view,I don't understand why they don't give special status - atleast for certain backward areas of AP- or Railway Zone, or some funds to Polavaram. These don't cost much. Are they worried that any free money or schemes given to AP will end up in the capital project? For example in the aftermath of Hudhud disaster, centre wanted to do work on their own, rather than giving a blank cheque to state (they even back down Rs 1000 crore that they announced).

From AP state point of view, the two most critical actions are Special Status and Polavaram. Both of them will allow AP to build the mega capital on their own with no help from centre, but may have to wait for 10-15 years. In the mean time these projects provide lot of livelihood at much lesser cost than a capital project.

My guess is that it is all about 2019 - one trying to ensure finances for 2019 elections and other trying to deny it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Why does the gentleman need prime fertile land at specific locations?? A capital can come up anywhere and then be connected by good roads, fed with power from multiple sources, and connect to required services. Why are so many farmers agitated and soon this agitation will tar the BJP for no fault of theirs because the hostile press will personally target NaMo as it has been doing all this while. NaMo steals farmer's land will be the headlines. :)

naidu should talk to the BJP and see what they want and how he can try and help them in return for some accommodation on what he is asking. If everyone quotes rules, then nothing will move forward. There is a clear trust deficit that has to be bridged. Running to the press at the drop of every hat will not help. garrulous press statements will put everybody's back up. Venkiah naidu also is certainly not helping the process. personal agendas have become more important.

maybe if the state had a less self-centered CM it may have been better for the people and the state, but that is just wishful thinking.

having been out of power for so long, naidu's primary need seems to recuperate the party coffers and that will not happen with the present central dispensation. That is why he is repeatedly asking for tens of thousands of crores without account like it used to happen during the ABV days.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ShyamSP wrote:Didn't Venkaiah said Polavaram is not their issue and gave only limited money for it. They did volte-face on their promises. In Telugu media, they ran what they said then and what they are saying now.

BJP seems be cocky that they can do shit and manage CBN by encouraging Jagan and KCR.
I think that a bitter and public parting of ways will be the next step. At this very messy stage, even CBN cannot manage CBN.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

How much will the additional devolution to the states from the 14th finance commission be for AP? Over a five year period, it should amount to a significant amount?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

31K crores.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

Long time BJP supporter, my cousin mass forwarded this email:

"After looking at the allocations in budget to AP and the fact that special status to AP is officially not going to happen I am going to say - I hate BJP, Modi Sucks and Time has come for AP people to look for alternatives to TDP if they won't get off central govt..."
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

chetak wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:Didn't Venkaiah said Polavaram is not their issue and gave only limited money for it. They did volte-face on their promises. In Telugu media, they ran what they said then and what they are saying now.

I think that a bitter and public parting of ways will be the next step. At this very messy stage, even CBN cannot manage CBN.
mchilian wrote:Long time BJP supporter, my cousin mass forwarded this email:

"After looking at the allocations in budget to AP and the fact that special status to AP is officially not going to happen I am going to say - I hate BJP, Modi Sucks and Time has come for AP people to look for alternatives to TDP if they won't get off central govt..."
For TDP's own survival, it doesn't leave any other option for TDP other than to leave support to BJP. TDP CBN already said to that effect to leave if BJP doesn't fulfill promises.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

chetak wrote:Why does the gentleman need prime fertile land at specific locations?? A capital can come up anywhere and then be connected by good roads, fed with power from multiple sources, and connect to required services. Why are so many farmers agitated and soon this agitation will tar the BJP for no fault of theirs because the hostile press will personally target NaMo as it has been doing all this while. NaMo steals farmer's land will be the headlines. :)
What is announced as Capital area is the most acceptable for people of at least 10 districts as it is in the Center of the state. It is also a cultural fulcrum that supported many kingdoms starting from Satavahanas. It is also that all previous Capitals (Madaras patnam, Kurnool, Hyderadbad) in new India didn't work for Telugus.

It is not just one gentleman's decision.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Budget 2015: Will Chandrababu's TDP quit NDA over poor allocation to Andhra?
The "abysmal" allocations of over Rs 350 crore to the survivor state of Andhra Pradesh and a "niggardly" Rs 100 crore to the purported national project Polavaram angered Chandrababu Naidu so much that he has chosen to make a last ditch effort by commandeering the support of movie actor Pawan Kalyan.
As if to take the things from a yield point to a breaking point, Union Minister for Urban Development M Venkaiah Naidu, on Sunday, said in Hyderabad that the erstwhile Congress regime had not mentioned that Polavaram Project would be taken up as a national project in the AP Reorganisation Act. This statement further ruffled the feathers of the TDP leadership.
Naidu’s anguish hasn’t actually perturbed the BJP. Venkaiah Naidu was at his pedagogical best in "preaching" his close pal Chandrababu Naidu, in absentia, that any objections should have been discussed and sorted out internally, instead of making the differences public. This too did not go well with the TDP ranks.
The Andhra chief minister had said on Saturday that first it was the report of 14th Finance Commission, then the Railway Budget and finally the Union Budget that had dealt a body blow on the fledgling fortunes of the state that didn't have a new capital. He did not mince words while asserting that he was let down by the Narendra Modi government. The NDA government had done nothing to set right the injustice done to the state during bifurcation.
He was specially cut up with the lack of any mention of the much-awaited special package or status to Andhra Pradesh, on which the TDP has pinned hopes. His party MP N Siva Prasad recalled, soon after the budget speech, the legend of Mahabharata saying the TDP MPs secured their "divine weapons" on a "Shami tree" and whenever their leader gave the nod, they would recover them to train them at the BJP.
Naidu's raging discontent has stemmed from the snubbing of his request for appointments with the prime minister on more than one occasion. He recalled the assurance given by Modi that a world-class capital city would be built for Andhra Pradesh. He made no qualms about his displeasure over the complete silence of the Centre on it, which poured cold water on the aspirations of the people of Andhra Pradesh.
While the TDP took to media and made the Union government its punching bag, the Congress and the CPI took to streets to put the blame on the BJP and the TDP. Interestingly, the main Opposition YSR Congress “washed of” its hands by a mere statement condemning the budget.