Telugu States' News and Discussion

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5129
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby devesh » 04 Jan 2015 01:06

Dasari,

feel free to ignore some of what Muppalla says. I don't have any personal enmity against Muppalla. I even pay attention to what he says because there is some truth to it.

but if you went by what he says 100%, you will end up believing that life exists for the sole reason of buying/selling/trade/commerce at the cost of everything else. his analysis is a combo of Marxist econ theories + radical utilitarianism. it reeks of an extreme version of "mercantile mentality" (term coined by B ) to the exclusion of everything else.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby RamaY » 04 Jan 2015 01:16

Excellent perspective Dasari garu.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2496
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ShyamSP » 04 Jan 2015 01:19

Muppalla wrote:(3) Untruth-3 is that kammas have parked a lot of money around Mangalagiri/Amravati areas. This is a hilarious argument.

The lands here are mostly owned by Kammas since 60s and any one else here have exited as late as 80s and 90s. That particular stretch of land on either side of Krishna, Mangalagiri to Amravati on Guntur district side and from Kanakadurgamma temple to Jaggayapeta on Krishna district side are all in the hands of kammas. Hardly few lands (may be just 20%) may be in someone else's hands. About a decade ago even lease used to be in Kammas hands. Both the sellers and buyers are Kammas here and that is what you have to note if you analyze the dynamics of future politics. The strongest Kamma leaders such as Vadde Shobanadriswara Rao is opposing tooth and nail against giving up lands here. Also, CBN lost mostly in these areas after NTR's exit :). The kamma leadership of this region starting from Upendra and later Lagdapati etc are all very anti-CBN. Rayapati Sambasiva Rao is an odd man out as he joined TDP after a long long innings in INC. Even Kavuri Sambasiva Rao joined BJP instead of TDP. It is just a real myth that CBN has pull on Kammas in this " particular new Capital region ". There are several in the community who thinks CBN is traitor#1 :)

Let me tell my view - the entire resentment is that this region's so called "sharks" are grabbing lands all over the state. Now it is just smaller shark getting from a bigger shark. At the outset they can't complain as they wanted Vja-Gnt as capital from the times of T.Prakasam but they also will be at "home only" allowing others in other areas to breathe ease. :) The casteistic-business-strategist of his region hate CBN like anything for putting them to this ordeal. I personally consider this as master stroke either thought out or accident.


Main concern is urbanization of very fertile lands and where they can be replaced with. Lands will be converted to Plots as people pour in to capital area.

As for lands, it is not just Kammas but other upper castes too benefit of the new wealth. This is where Delta Reddies and Kapus start. Delta Reddies are milder than their counterparts from Rayalaseema and Palnadu areas. All of these three castes ownership of lands may go back to centuries.
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Arti ... 2014002049
...
On the other hand, most of the villages in and around Mangalagiri are dominated by Reddys and Kapus. Almost all the unreserved village panchayats are being held by Reddys and Kapus. According to official sources, the Kamma population in Pedakakani village would be just around 1,000 against a total population of 12,000. They reportedly own about 500 acres of land out of the 2,000-2,500 acres in the village.
...

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7093
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Muppalla » 04 Jan 2015 02:08

devesh wrote:Dasari,

feel free to ignore some of what Muppalla says. I don't have any personal enmity against Muppalla. I even pay attention to what he says because there is some truth to it.

but if you went by what he says 100%, you will end up believing that life exists for the sole reason of buying/selling/trade/commerce at the cost of everything else. his analysis is a combo of Marxist econ theories + radical utilitarianism. it reeks of an extreme version of "mercantile mentality" (term coined by B ) to the exclusion of everything else.


Thank you. I have no issues if someone disagrees with me and I still read all of your views with same respect.

The only thing I disagree in the above statement is that you are alluding that as though I like all that is going on there. The other part is you made my look like the big bania in the world and truth is I did not earn even earn equal to a 100th loser in friends circle of 100. :) If I have a even 0.01% mercantile mentality I would not have time to be either on Twitter or on BRF writing.

There is no ground reality to change AP or its population by any political party including BJP from the path of so called "mercantile mentality". The winner in how to use this mentality and keep the state still balanced and also Indic and that is my take. In my view everything else is not practical and anyone trying differently will not even get any traction. You can disagree. But I am definitely not Marxist theorist and on that you are way off.

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7093
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Muppalla » 04 Jan 2015 02:24

ShyamSP wrote:On the other hand, most of the villages in and around Mangalagiri are dominated by Reddys and Kapus. Almost all the unreserved village panchayats are being held by Reddys and Kapus. According to official sources, the Kamma population in Pedakakani village would be just around 1,000 against a total population of 12,000. They reportedly own about 500 acres of land out of the 2,000-2,500 acres in the village.


I don't know how valid is that TOI article. But I will be surprised if Kammas own less than 70% in the river bank on either side between VJA to TG. The percentage is higher on Krishna district side. Again Delta is little more diverse. Palnadu is also diverse.

Jest of my point is if Kammas are the "sharks" then do they have that much of capital to buy off every inch of AP? Vja-Gnt stuff is the hype. But same diameter cities are coming in Vizag, Kakinada, Tirupati and probably on Chennai-Bangalore corridor. There is a win-win for all so called sharks.

kittigadu
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 62
Joined: 01 Sep 2008 08:02

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby kittigadu » 04 Jan 2015 02:51

What is the source of this info that same diameter cities are coming around Vizag and Kakinada. Never heard of this. There is a limit to spinning yarn. The question most of us have is that why does the government have to create a brand new swanky capital, why not develop 6-7 cities throughout the state ? Clarification: when I say kamma sharks, I do not mean small Krishna delta farmers, but the kamma bandicoots around CBN, I gave an Estéemed central ministers name as an example.

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7093
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Muppalla » 04 Jan 2015 03:07

kittigadu wrote:What is the source of this info that same diameter cities are coming around Vizag and Kakinada. Never heard of this. There is a limit to spinning yarn. The question most of us have is that why does the government have to create a brand new swanky capital, why not develop 6-7 cities throughout the state ? Clarification: when I say kamma sharks, I do not mean small Krishna delta farmers, but the kamma bandicoots around CBN, I gave an Estéemed central ministers name as an example.


You can call it yarn. But see APG has given a white paper and commitments of what they are developing per district as part of Vizag-Chennai corridor, Chennai-Bangalore corridor. They did that exactly on the day they declared Vijayawada as capital. (search google you will get it). At the least there are Petro corridor in Kakinada, Vizag has metro+ORR plan. Tirupati has same development planned. But we all want to just focus on Vijayawada :)

Alternatively, every single MOU or approval or news is tracked here:
https://twitter.com/apdevforum

The problem is we focus on few hyped areas and few hyped folks/scoundrels and then say they are looting the whole world. There are opportunities and development planned equitably for all districts at least at planning level.


Dasari
BRFite
Posts: 561
Joined: 04 Mar 2009 09:20

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Dasari » 04 Jan 2015 03:56

Muppalla wrote:Airbus to set up shop in Anantapur

Airbus, one of the world's leading commercial aircraft manufacturers, it is reliably learnt, is looking to set up shop in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.

Speaking to The Hindu, the Anantapur Collector, Solomon Arogyaraj, said that the officials of Airbus had indeed approached the State government which had offered them 250 acres of land near Palasamudram village of the Gorantla mandal.

The site is on the Hyderabad- Bengaluru National Highway, 80 km from Anantapur town and about 90 km from the Bengaluru.

The stretch of land, entirely belonging to the government, was in line with the requirements of Airbus, as it was close to the Bengaluru International Airport, providing unhindered and fast access to it, he said.

He had no idea of Airbus’-specific plans and the type of industry it wants to set up and the scale of investment.
Major industrial hub
But the proposal by Airbus has the potential to turn the district into a major industrial hub for other aircraft part manufacturing, aircraft maintenance and logistics industry, catering to the supply chain needs, he added.

It has long been proposed that the district and especially the southern part of it bordering Karnataka State, had the potential to become a logistics hub to cater to industries choosing to export and import using the Bengaluru airport.


There are several and several news like that in the last six months. This I am putting here for those who are concerned at revenues and unnecessarily about big capital city etc. These are all linked in AP context.


Muppala garu, Thanks for putting this. I don't want to be too negative here, but let us also monitor their progress. It became a habit for them to announce something for the sake of announcing. One day it is Singapore and the next day it is Dallas (the latest buzz words). I will be happy if even 10% of these announcements happen next 5 years.

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7093
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Muppalla » 04 Jan 2015 04:05

Dasari wrote:Muppala garu, Thanks for putting this. I don't want to be too negative here, but let us also monitor their progress. It became a habit for them to announce something for the sake of announcing. One day it is Singapore and the next day it is Dallas (the latest buzz words). I will be happy if even 10% of these announcements happen next 5 years.


Absolutely. There are thousands like us who are monitoring. The Andhra psyche this time is for verification of what is being told. CBN or his TDP will not survive a bit if they don't deliver. Just as an example, I saw this Airbus news about few months ago in the form of "Anatapur as aeroplane spare part hub". I also thought at that time as some announcement. Then emerged another news of Krishnapatnam port and Chennai-Blore corridor that has Bangalore airport as nearest airport and krishnapatnam port. After that this is continuation of earlier announcements but a concrete one with a company name ("Airbus").

For every thing it has to be monitored and questioned. No free lunches to government.

Again, we need to monitor Srikakulam/Vijayanagaram as Pharma hub. This is not easy as KA is very deeper in getting investments.

Anatapur as solar energy hub is definitely going good.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9838
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Yagnasri » 04 Jan 2015 06:29

As I wrote before, there is very good case or not building a "maga city'" in AP. But no one is going to listen to any of it. Over 10 years of daily insults and the manner of division o AP took place will result in a "maga city" being built as AP capital. Cost and other considarations are now immeterial. Of course politicos will make huge money out of it. It is just emotional now. Not logical for the people of AP. Even I feel the same. I know it as wrong. But after seeing the division and all that happend before and after that, I feel illogical and bad may be but AP shall have a stupid Maga city as Capital. End of argument. It is bad move in most of the aspects. But I simply do not care.

Sonia and her gang purchased huge lands in Prakasham District and was planing to build the capital there. Now CBN beat her gang and promoting his gang. In the end politicos are making money.

For Telugu people, two major worries is the EJ and moneybag mentality of people at large. In fact it is the money at any cost mentality that resulted in division. In this case TG area people are much better and AP people are quite worst. That is why EJ will not prosper except most poor in TG. But AP it will grow in all sections. Rich in fact gang up to join EJ ranks in AP. Just look at Reddys.

I may be going to native place in the month end as there is a marriage in one of the Ex PRP/Congress MLAs house for which they have called and invited me. I am going there mainly to meet BJP leaders. Hope to findout what happening from first hand.

One thing I am sure. There are no Musunuri Nayakas and no Vidhyaranya Swamy visible around this time. I pray we got some one with 1% of their love for Dharma.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10605
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Vayutuvan » 04 Jan 2015 06:35

chandrasekhar.m wrote:If someone knows where to buy Veyipadagalu (and other Telugu books discussed earlier in this thread) in Hyderabad, please tell me. If not, is it possible to get it shipped from somewhere else in India?

I could try the second hand book market in Hyderabad tomorrow, but decided its better to support publisher and buy new book.


chandrasekhar.m: Sorry I should have followed up on my previous post. Please try Navodaya Rama Mohana Rao of Vijayawada. One would have to buy the entire Vishwanatha 50+ volume set (sans rAmAyaNa visha kalpa vrukshamu) but it is under-priced (but correctly priced if you take the paper quality into consideration). I have put the email address of Mr. Navodaya in one of the threads in BRF. Search my posts for the keyword "navodaya". If you don't find it, dont worry - I will put it up again tomorrow.

PS: Corrected a very bad mistake on my part :oops:
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 04 Jan 2015 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby RamaY » 04 Jan 2015 08:54

^
MatrimC garu

Viswanath garu wrote "Ramayana KALPAvrikshamu". It is Ranganayakamma, a leftist, who wrote "Ramayana VISHAvrikshamu".

These two books prove "Yatha Buddhi, Tatha Bhavam"!

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7093
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Muppalla » 04 Jan 2015 08:57

That Ranganayakamma's last name is Muppalla too. Incidentally Devesh garu said I theorize Marxist econ theories too :-? That the only coincidence I can see but truly I hate Marxist anything.

chandrasekhar.m
BRFite
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Dec 2009 20:27
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby chandrasekhar.m » 04 Jan 2015 20:35

Matrimc Saar, thanks for the info. I contacted him but sadly I cannot buy entire set due to some constraints. Hence made a trip to Koti bookshops todin.

At Koti, after many redirections, false leads and outright lies I was able to get Veyipadagalu in Vishalandhra bookshop (in Gandhi house). Also bought Kanyasulkam. Was also searching for Prof. Bethavolu Ramabrahmam's Telugu Commentary on MRICHCHAKATIKAM-2005, but no luck.

Btw, that Vishalandra bookshop also sell the entire set that you alluded to in your post for ₹6000. Note that they only take cash.

Now back to searching online merchants for some other books I couldn't buy in Koti. Especially this one - Festivals Sports and Pastimes of India by Dr. V Raghavan.

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5129
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby devesh » 05 Jan 2015 07:07

Muppalla wrote:
devesh wrote:Dasari,

feel free to ignore some of what Muppalla says. I don't have any personal enmity against Muppalla. I even pay attention to what he says because there is some truth to it.

but if you went by what he says 100%, you will end up believing that life exists for the sole reason of buying/selling/trade/commerce at the cost of everything else. his analysis is a combo of Marxist econ theories + radical utilitarianism. it reeks of an extreme version of "mercantile mentality" (term coined by B ) to the exclusion of everything else.


Thank you. I have no issues if someone disagrees with me and I still read all of your views with same respect.

The only thing I disagree in the above statement is that you are alluding that as though I like all that is going on there. The other part is you made my look like the big bania in the world and truth is I did not earn even earn equal to a 100th loser in friends circle of 100. :) If I have a even 0.01% mercantile mentality I would not have time to be either on Twitter or on BRF writing.

There is no ground reality to change AP or its population by any political party including BJP from the path of so called "mercantile mentality". The winner in how to use this mentality and keep the state still balanced and also Indic and that is my take. In my view everything else is not practical and anyone trying differently will not even get any traction. You can disagree. But I am definitely not Marxist theorist and on that you are way off.



thank you.

and I know that you are not a Marxist. I didn't call you a marxist. but if you've read Marxist analysis of "capitalist" societies, it will read like a carbon copy of your analysis. once again, you might not hold those views, but the critique is eerily similar. by "utilitarianism": I meant the penchant to "value" everything per money/commerce.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10605
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Vayutuvan » 05 Jan 2015 07:55

RamaY: Thanks for pointing out the big :oops: on my part. Corrected.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby RamaY » 05 Jan 2015 07:58

I knew it was a typo Saar. Just wanted to appear smarty :wink:

SrinivasK
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 36
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby SrinivasK » 05 Jan 2015 10:24

chandrasekhar.m wrote:Matrimc Saar, thanks for the info. I contacted him but sadly I cannot buy entire set due to some constraints. Hence made a trip to Koti bookshops todin.

At Koti, after many redirections, false leads and outright lies I was able to get Veyipadagalu in Vishalandhra bookshop (in Gandhi house). Also bought Kanyasulkam. Was also searching for Prof. Bethavolu Ramabrahmam's Telugu Commentary on MRICHCHAKATIKAM-2005, but no luck.

Btw, that Vishalandra bookshop also sell the entire set that you alluded to in your post for ₹6000. Note that they only take cash.

Now back to searching online merchants for some other books I couldn't buy in Koti. Especially this one - Festivals Sports and Pastimes of India by Dr. V Raghavan.


You can try here also:

http://kinige.com/book/Veyipadagalu

They sell the print book as well as ebook. I prefer print book personally because of convenience and less strain on eyes.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54707
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 07 Jan 2015 03:37

Yagnasri wrote:As I wrote before, there is very good case or not building a "maga city'" in AP. But no one is going to listen to any of it. Over 10 years of daily insults and the manner of division o AP took place will result in a "maga city" being built as AP capital. Cost and other considarations are now immeterial. Of course politicos will make huge money out of it. It is just emotional now. Not logical for the people of AP. Even I feel the same. I know it as wrong. But after seeing the division and all that happend before and after that, I feel illogical and bad may be but AP shall have a stupid Maga city as Capital. End of argument. It is bad move in most of the aspects. But I simply do not care.

Sonia and her gang purchased huge lands in Prakasham District and was planing to build the capital there. Now CBN beat her gang and promoting his gang. In the end politicos are making money.

For Telugu people, two major worries is the EJ and moneybag mentality of people at large. In fact it is the money at any cost mentality that resulted in division. In this case TG area people are much better and AP people are quite worst. That is why EJ will not prosper except most poor in TG. But AP it will grow in all sections. Rich in fact gang up to join EJ ranks in AP. Just look at Reddys.

I may be going to native place in the month end as there is a marriage in one of the Ex PRP/Congress MLAs house for which they have called and invited me. I am going there mainly to meet BJP leaders. Hope to findout what happening from first hand.

One thing I am sure. There are no Musunuri Nayakas and no Vidhyaranya Swamy visible around this time. I pray we got some one with 1% of their love for Dharma.



Ask them why Sushma Swaraj was so vocal in support of dividing AP and yet did not campaign hard during the May 2014 elections?
Was she pushing personal favors using party platform?

Are you going by road?

if so please note the large number of Hanuman statues and new temples being built all over.
And Shakti temples in Telangana.

People converted to EJ due to two reasons
- Money from US missionaries
- YSR in power. They thought its win-win situation.

He was Telugu Constantine.


Now that he is dead its win-lose.
Hence the ghar wapasi.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9255
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 12:47
Location: University of Trantor

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Hari Seldon » 07 Jan 2015 05:42

^Is/Are there (relatively) organized gharwapasi campaigns on in Telugu lands? I know of Swami swaroopanada. Any affiliates, similar-orgs around?

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5129
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby devesh » 07 Jan 2015 06:13

Hari bhai, visit page 34 33 of this thread.

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7093
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Muppalla » 07 Jan 2015 07:19

^^^
http://www.backtotherootsproject.org/

I talked to those guys and they do at grass roots and pretty much bring back to dharmic fold. Working meticulously and never really ask to convert back but make the folks know that there is no need to change from roots. Followers of art of living org.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54707
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 08 Jan 2015 04:48

nageshks, Any update on the Telugu novels translation project?

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2959
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Shanmukh » 08 Jan 2015 05:28

ramana wrote:nageshks, Any update on the Telugu novels translation project?


Reply in mail, Ramana-ji.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10605
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Vayutuvan » 08 Jan 2015 06:34

ramana and nageshks: I will post the list of the rest of the books day after tomorrow.

nageshks: please wait till that time. Also if you want, I will lend you my copies of the books with the expectation of getting them back. :)

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2959
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Shanmukh » 08 Jan 2015 07:58

matrimc wrote:ramana and nageshks: I will post the list of the rest of the books day after tomorrow.

nageshks: please wait till that time. Also if you want, I will lend you my copies of the books with the expectation of getting them back. :)


Ehh-let's just wait before getting the list for the rest of the books. The first list is under consideration by the publishers, so let us just wait for them to be finished before piling any more on them.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9838
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Yagnasri » 08 Jan 2015 12:11

One of my frinds had done translation of stories in Chandamama - From Telugu to English and quite good. You can see his blog Sahithyabhilashi or something like that. He wrote about all the famous India cartoonists etc. If ok I can contact him and let him know. Ramana Garu - you have my email id.

With regard to my visit to my native place, money bags in Mumbai seems to be bent on keeping me here. No money, increase in BP for Telugu people working outside Telugu lands in Banking and Legal areas.

How come Telugu people are quite bad in Banking ??? Is there any historical reasons?

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54707
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 08 Jan 2015 19:42

How come Telugu people are quite bad in Banking ??? Is there any historical reasons?


What do you mean by this!!!

From sowcar lending to heading nationalized banks to RBI governors, Telugus were and are in banking.


Reason I asked about road trip is it will let you see the land closely and observe the deep changes going on.

Telangana Hindus are becoming Shakti devotees.
Eg. City based Reddys are building temples in their villages. Good and big ones.

I got to read a book on Temples Of Telangana. Its large coffee table book. It covers the ~ 51 temples in Telangana region. From the pictures its mostly Shiva worship and a few Vishnu avatar temples. Yadagiri gutta is being developed as a big temple town finally.

What warms my heart is both Telanagana (Yadagiri Gutta) and AP (Mangalgiri) will give prominence to Narasimha avatara. Will tear apart psecularism Hiranyakshyapas from India.


Its about six months after division.
Slowly links are being re-built.
KCR has his hidden plus points.
Right now he is placating the divisionists by rhetoric.
But rhetoric cannot be implemented.

Half the ministries are already divided. In about another year's time the rest will be completed.


Its important for the good of Telugu people that the AP ministries start functioning from AP and not from Hyderabad ASAP to show confidence.
Then KCR rhetoric will tone down and he needs to show progress.

INC is nursing its wounds and still doesn't understand how it lost.


For personal fear of YSR they took political revenge on AP.


BJP should think about rebuilding the Thousand Pillar Temple to restore Telangana pride.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54707
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 08 Jan 2015 20:02

On 14 December 2014, I had the privilege of participating in a mass anti-filaria elimination drive in Eluru, West Godavari. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has taken a time bound task to eliminate filarial and few other infectious diseases endemic to India. Filaria is from a worm that is injected into humans by Culex mosquitoes. The infection develops over period of six months to eight years and attacks the lymphatic system mostly in legs. You can Google for the gory details.
The plan was to give up to three DEC tablets depending on age and a deworming pill Albuanzdol(?) to all the people in the district on that day. One volunteer to cover 200 persons. The total population to be covered in four coastal districts of Vizag, Vizianagram, Sriakkulam and West Godavari was 1.76 crores. Follow up through out the week to reach any stragglers. Glaxo-Smith-Kline donated the pills with subsidy from GOI and UN WHO.


Next year it will roping in plastic surgeons to restore the deformed body parts.

The goal in next four years is to reduce and eliminate most of the tropical diseases endemic to India.


Got to meet a lot of medical doctors in the public health arena from Director of medical Services, A.P> to the local district health officers (DHO).


It takes a special individual to be in that field.

The local MP was going to help upgrade the local Eluru district hospital and the DMS was going to ensure proper staffing and maintenance of the medical equipment.

The program which I attended was at the SC orphan girls hostel. I sat with them for three hours listening to bhasan and also took the pills to show solidarity.

I don't know why they called them SC girls for their features were same as any of the common Telugu people.

When my turn came to speak up, I urged them to get familiar with IT as its the knowledge economy in this century and raised funds to setup a computer center in the hostel.
IT will set them free as it has to many others in India.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby RamaY » 08 Jan 2015 21:03

KCR gave two day holiday for Christmas.

Cancelled holiday for Sankranti and gave holiday on Telangana formation day.

I hereby certify that KCR is Secular!

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7093
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Muppalla » 08 Jan 2015 22:47

Me being brought up in HYD we always celebrated Sankranti with kite flying etc. It will be interesting justification to know that this festival is not there in the island of Telangana but celebrated in AP, KA, Maha.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54707
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 08 Jan 2015 23:01

No problem. KCR will do the kite flying anyway!!!

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2496
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ShyamSP » 08 Jan 2015 23:10

Muppalla wrote:Me being brought up in HYD we always celebrated Sankranti with kite flying etc. It will be interesting justification to know that this festival is not there in the island of Telangana but celebrated in AP, KA, Maha.


Oh no! so they stop Telangana tradition of putting Bhogi pallu (Bhogi fruits) on childrens' head to bless them on Bhogi day. :eek:

One of top hits in search gives this traditional Jatara starting on Bhogi in one of Kakatiya temples. Looks like they need to stop it too as per drunkard Dora orders :D

http://templesofwarangal.blogspot.com/
Inavolu (Warangal): The famous Iloni Mallanna Jatara has begun on a grand note here on Saturday. The religious event of historic Inavolu Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple begins on Bhogi, the preceding day of Sankranti festival, and continues till Ugadi, the Telugu New Year.
...
On Makara Sankranti Day on Sunday Mahanyasapurvaka Ekadasi Rudrabhishekam, Mahanivedana, Mantrapushpam and others will be held at the temple,Inavolu Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple situated at Inavolu village of Vardhannapet mandal in the district is one of the ancient Lord Shiva temples in south India. The temple dates back to 11th century and was built by Kakatiya rulers. It was built with 108 pillars and has a giant magnificent Nruthaya Mandapam on eastern side.

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2959
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Shanmukh » 09 Jan 2015 02:47

Some interesting claims by NTV (which side are these guys on?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWuxqRlzD2w

Claims that many Reddy, Kapu & OBC leaders are eyeing BJP. Take it with a pinch of salt.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54707
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 09 Jan 2015 06:38

I saw reports in Hyd just last week on this topic.

Modi is supposed to visit in middle January.

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7093
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby Muppalla » 09 Jan 2015 07:10

NTV was gung-ho Jagan TV after Sakshi.

gandharva
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2304
Joined: 30 Jan 2008 23:22

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby gandharva » 10 Jan 2015 08:03


ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2496
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby ShyamSP » 11 Jan 2015 09:41

Good analysis on AP social engineering.

Editors Tiem With IVR On Amit Shah AP Tour Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-bdXpmjOc

gandharva
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2304
Joined: 30 Jan 2008 23:22

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Postby gandharva » 12 Jan 2015 20:12

:rotfl:

"Successfully Completed"
Image


Return to “History & Current Affairs Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest